Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Excellent service, highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2015

We recently used Citymove for their service, it has been such a stress-free process. The removalists arrived even 10 minutes earlier as agreed time - that’s very impressive as normally we would expect certain delay from most removal companies.

The move took about 4.5 hours and had 2 drop-off points, during the whole process the boys were extremely careful with all the items and took the time and wrapped every single items properly and thoroughly so that nothing gets damaged. They even put a blanket at the entry of the new house and always wiped their feet every time before they unload something from the truck and enter into the house (by doing all those unasked for) – this level of care and thoughtfulness is almost non-existence in this industry.

They have been the best removalists anyone can ever ask for – so thorough and had great attention to details, efficient as well as professional. They were really friendly and so easy to deal with, and really is 5 starts service.

We are extremely grateful for all the help we had from Citymove, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to anyone who needs the service.

Fantastic removal team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2015

Fantastic to deal with. I have used a lot of removalists over the years and they were by far the best.
Booking was simple and details explained over the phone and followed up on email.

We had to move 2 apartments to 1 and it took an entire day. The 2 guys we had were amazing, took time to ensure that items were not damaged and recommended items that should be wrapped.
The apartment moving in had a small lift and they managed everything so well and even managed to take our couch up 8 flights of stairs which took almost an hour!

Very detailed in explaining the process, cost, timing and explaining the breakdown of the final invoice.

Would highly recommend Citymove if you are looking to move.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

Awesome service - would definitely use again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2015

I moved from Sydney to Brisbane for work and everyone I dealt with from Citymove was great. The co-ordinators made it easy for me to arrange the move, and the driver Dennis kept in touch while he was on the road so I knew exactly when to expect pick-up and delivery. All my property was handled with care and the service was great. Will definitely be using Citymove next time I'm moving.

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Removalist review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2015

Moved a three bedroom town house to a three bedroom house, short distance move. They started on time, completed the job as quickly as possible. Communicated the process well and ensured everything was safe for the move. Would definitely recommend them to anyone in the Canberra area. Great service for a much lower cost than a lot of quotes we'd had.

No trouble move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2015

We just had moved from Sydney to Gosford.They were time, finished task as expected. Friendly staff and defiantly consider for future move.thanks city move.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2015

Friendly helpful, and on time. definitely made my move easy. Thanks for the great service and friendly and being on time.

Verified Customer

By far the easiest move I have ever made!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2015

City Move arrived on time. They SMS'd beforehand as agreed. They were swift, professional, and courteous. I have moved more times than I care to count, and this was by far the easiest move I have ever had. I recommend CityMove without a moments hesitation. Because of their speed the move cost me much less than I thought. I can at times dither a bit with details, the CityMove removalists were not bothered in the slightest with this.

Very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2015

I was very nervous about the move as we were moving two homes into one. The team were prompt, polite and patient. I particularly liked that they discussed all costs up front and checked if we were happy to proceed such as wrapping delicate items. I would definitely use them again.

Moved with them 2nd time and will choose them again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2015

The boys really play on your side: they suggest how to better use capacity of their truck and your car and they carry thing carefully.
First, they estimate your belongings, work out with you what will go to the truck and what you will carry yourself.
They lift and carry things with great professionalism and care. They pack up thing in a truck in a very compact and safe way.
They are easily approachable and very collaborative, always (what to take or where to put) ask and suggest solutions.
I've made 2 moves with the company, all belongings arrived safe and sound.
Their rates are really good and you won't pay more (than minutes, kilometers or wrapper used :)

Verified Customer

Quick and troublesome free move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2015

Our whole experience with CityMove was great. The removalist was on time, and the guys did a quick, troublesome free and professional move. Will definitely recommend to others.

Verified Customer

Simply the best moving experience I've had so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2015

Courteous, efficient and no time wasting. The boys in pink were obviously professionals from the care they took in wrapping certain items to their organisation in packing and unpacking everything. Was such a relief to have a team that experienced and helpful that if/ when I have to move again I will definitely come back and recommend them to anyone I know. Keep up the good work guys!

Verified Customer

Excellent Service with a smile!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2015

[names removed] from City Movers were excellent help on our big move day. Moving overseas and having our furniture into an unconventional storage facility (a home garage) meant handling our things with care. [names removed] went above and beyond for us ensuring all our things were protected from damage and were a pleasure to work with. I'd recommend city Movers to anyone I know!

Thanks again boys!

Verified Customer

Fast, efficient, friendly and helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2015

Much better than the previous company I used. Their rate was higher but they were faster and consequently cost less.

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Great simple movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2015

City move are on time, efficient and reasonably priced. I've moved 3 times with them now and would recommend them to everyone in Canberra.

Sydney, Australia

Private message

Professional and friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2015

Really happy with citymove. The removalists were genuinely nice people, comfortable to be around, efficient, on time and the van was clean. Side note, if you're tossing up between zoom removals they were none of those things. Booking the removal was simple, and their pricing structure (pay for 90min plus additional time) saves money if you have a smaller move. A bit annoyed about having to pay an extra $16 for shrink/bubble wrap I didn't need or want. Overall though the move was a breeze, I'll use them in the future.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

City move did a great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

They were reasonably priced, professional, and actually did what they said they would for my 5 cubic metre backload.
They give me a 6hr window for the pick up and drop off then gave me another call an hour before they arrived. On the day of my uplift, there was roadworks outside my property so they had to park their truck 100m down the road, which necessitated an unexpected additional $100 fee (once combined with my stairs); I don't consider this Citymove's fault and they did their best to work around the issue.
On the day of delivery, I found out that my pedestal fan had been damaged during the move. When I contacted them with photographic evidence, they promptly responded saying that they would pay what I considered a reasonable amount of compensation.
In summary, my move had a few complications along the way that Citymove smoothed over with their professionalism.

City move were great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2015

They arrived on time, introduced themselves and got to work. Both men were polite, efficient and professional, I would recommend Citymove to everyone I know.
Cate.

Excellent Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

The guys were on time fast efficient and cared for our goods. They were great and at no time did i feel stressed. A pleasure of a move with Citymove.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Swift, Sexy, well priced and very Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

Citymove Removals are a top service ( 5 *****). I was provided a call 24 hours before service date reminding me of their arrival. It took a mere 3 hours to move 2 houses worth of furniture into one. Citymove provided a clear quote, Arrived before time, quoted me fairly, securely wrapped all my fragile items, and delivered with utmost care and speed. Nil damage to my possessions swiftly unloaded a full truck load. had everything where we wanted it. and even assisted us with a little extra (Mattress disposal). Would recommend to anybody!

Smooth move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

Everything went well from start to finish, movers were on time and very efficiently and quickly went about the move. Everything arrived in the same condition at the other end and the price was very reasonable.

4 of 15 pages

I have recently requested a quote for a move from Vic to qld, however after reading these reviews, I am quite hesitant now. There is no way i will allow movers to take photos of my house or items and other issues stated, it is giving me insight and rethinking the decision to use the company. Are there any assurances that photos wont be taken and staff will work professionally and on time?

Katie asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to [email protected] with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?