Filter By:

Verified Customer Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Great simple movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2015

City move are on time, efficient and reasonably priced. I've moved 3 times with them now and would recommend them to everyone in Canberra.

Sydney, Australia

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Professional and friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2015

Really happy with citymove. The removalists were genuinely nice people, comfortable to be around, efficient, on time and the van was clean. Side note, if you're tossing up between zoom removals they were none of those things. Booking the removal was simple, and their pricing structure (pay for 90min plus additional time) saves money if you have a smaller move. A bit annoyed about having to pay an extra $16 for shrink/bubble wrap I didn't need or want. Overall though the move was a breeze, I'll use them in the future.

Verified Customer Office Location: NSW, Marrickville

City move did a great job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

They were reasonably priced, professional, and actually did what they said they would for my 5 cubic metre backload.
They give me a 6hr window for the pick up and drop off then gave me another call an hour before they arrived. On the day of my uplift, there was roadworks outside my property so they had to park their truck 100m down the road, which necessitated an unexpected additional $100 fee (once combined with my stairs); I don't consider this Citymove's fault and they did their best to work around the issue.
On the day of delivery, I found out that my pedestal fan had been damaged during the move. When I contacted them with photographic evidence, they promptly responded saying that they would pay what I considered a reasonable amount of compensation.
In summary, my move had a few complications along the way that Citymove smoothed over with their professionalism.

City move were great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2015

They arrived on time, introduced themselves and got to work. Both men were polite, efficient and professional, I would recommend Citymove to everyone I know.

Excellent Job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

The guys were on time fast efficient and cared for our goods. They were great and at no time did i feel stressed. A pleasure of a move with Citymove.

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Swift, Sexy, well priced and very Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

Citymove Removals are a top service ( 5 *****). I was provided a call 24 hours before service date reminding me of their arrival. It took a mere 3 hours to move 2 houses worth of furniture into one. Citymove provided a clear quote, Arrived before time, quoted me fairly, securely wrapped all my fragile items, and delivered with utmost care and speed. Nil damage to my possessions swiftly unloaded a full truck load. had everything where we wanted it. and even assisted us with a little extra (Mattress disposal). Would recommend to anybody!

Smooth move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

Everything went well from start to finish, movers were on time and very efficiently and quickly went about the move. Everything arrived in the same condition at the other end and the price was very reasonable.

Excellent Company All Round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2015

From my first phone call to inquire regarding prices through to the boys wrapping up on removal day - everything went perfectly. They arrived on time, gave me a call to say they were on their way, I got a call the day prior to run me through check list, payment was simple and reasonable. The boys took care and worked very hard for us. I was so pleased and they made what is a stressful situation rather simple to work through! Very happy with our experience. The whole company seems very organised and do exactly what they say they will do. Will definitely use this business on our next move (though hopefully not for a very long time :) )

Excellent job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2015

Job well done at very short notice after another company let me down. Will recommend you to all my friends.

Packed and protected well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

The guys did a great job of ensuring everything was protected well so that no expensive items were damaged. Everything arrived safely and the 2 guys (Brazilian) were very polite.

Professional, fast, easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2015

In the past, we've always used cheap removalists and ended up doing most of the work ourselves. Citymove were very different - they were fast, efficient, and professional, and did the entire pack up and unpack without us having to throw our backs out. Great.

Great service, easy move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2015

City move were highly professional right from the 1st phone call. The guys were fast, careful and efficient. All my things were handled with care & packed with all the right equipment. Would recommend City move & use again.

• 12 helpful votes

Great service Friendly polite staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2015

Hassle free move with friendy and polite staff. Clean trucks and all the right equipment. Happy to use again.
Thank you!

Great service with a smile

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2014

Moved on the Saturday after Christmas. Both gentlemen were a pleasure, nothing too much trouble and able to troubleshoot to move large tricky items. Positive attitude; attention to detail; & strong work ethic stood this service apart from many other removalists.

Fantastic job!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

This is the second time that I have used City Move and it won't be the last. They are professional, fast, trustworthy, careful and friendly. The two men who did my move explained all costs up front and I found the price to be completely reasonable. Futhermore, they worked quickly and efficiently - I never got the feeling that they were trying to drag it out to jack up the cost. The whole move was over and done with within a few hours. I will definitely use City Move again!

Office Location: ACT, Canberra, Kingston

Instant quote; no hidden costs; efficient service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2014

I used Citymove for my recent move this past weekend. They were easy to book, the actual rate and additional expenses were exactly as quoted, they explained all of the fees ahead of time as well as again on the day, they charge by the minute (which save heaps in comparison to most companies, who charge per hour), and the staff were friendly, efficient, experienced, and took great care of my items during the move (especially considering they had to load the truck in a downpour of rain!). I have already booked in Citymove for my partner's upcoming move next weekend and will definitely use them again in the future. After this experience, I don't plan to ever hire a truck and move myself ever again - pretty sure my mates appreciate that as well ;-) Thanks Citymove!

Best movers ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2014

So friendly and professional but also funny and so sweet. These guys would bend over backwards for me if asked. Such an efficient service, I can honestly say that I have been blown away by the two gorgeous and lovely Brazilian men who made our move less stressful and so much more enjoyable . Who could ask for anything more?

Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Good service, low hassle interstate move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2014

I used City Move to move from Melbourne to Canberra for a new job and City Move were a good choice from start to finish. The phone service to quote, plan and book the move was personal and friendly, and gave me confidence in the company. I packed everything myself, put on the labels provided, and the friendly young moving guys moved everything as asked without fuss or damage. The cost was one of the best (and most accurate) quotes I found. The only thing to be aware of (and may apply with other movers as well) is that the pick-up and drop-off times are not locked in, but may change by a day in the last couple of days as they set up the backload. Times are then given in windows, so it can be tricky to figure out how to plan an interstate flight for yourself within that schedule. All went smoothly though.

My 5th move with city move, and again overwhelmed by how much they care and well they help make a st

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2014

Was taken care of as soon as l made first contact. Always on time with communications and advice. Tori was looking after my move and l can't tell you how secure Tori may me feel with the confidence that all would go well, which of course it did. Two pickups, one drop off, three awesome guys!

Best service ever- all stress free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2014

Citymove provided the best removal service I have ever experienced. The packers efficiently packed my house within a few hours. The removalists arrived on time, in uniform and were very helpful and polite and worked super efficiently in moving furniture with care. I highly recommend them and definitely will use them again.

5 of 15 pages

Hi I would like a quote how do I go about requesting one?

Bokkie asked on Jan 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Michelle, we would love to help you. Please send an email to with the details of your move and include your phone number and someone will call you tomorrow morning with a quote. Alternatively call 1300 729994 after 8:30am AEST. Thanks James

Hello I have sent several emails to citymove regarding a move on the 12/06/13. I have also left a detailed account of the events and incorrect noting of the insurance that I did purchase and all the items that were damaged in the move. I have yet to hear back. The customer solutions reply states a response within 2 business days. Please advise of when I can expect to hear back? Thanks M.Swiggs

Swiggs asked on Jul 22, 2013

Answer this

Hi M.Swiggs, Thankyou for your enquiry. Sincere apologies we did not reply to your admin emails within the promised time frame, although I'm glad I managed to have a chat with you yesterday, I have sent through the claim forms to your email. Please call the office as soon as possible if these have not been received. I look forward to resolving your claim these are complete.

Kind Regards, Customer Solutions.

And how many times do you have to ring me, before you accept and understand I don't want to use your service?