Well organised and a fun night

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I was really nervous about my first time speed dating but the nerves soon passed on entering. Chris greeted me with a warm welcome and all nerves faded. All the guys were friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. It was nice to have the opportunity to engage in conversation with compete strangers in a relaxed environment.

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi MrPJB, thanks so much for taking the time to review us - we're really glad you enjoyed the night! Happy Dating!

Perth

• 3 comments
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Too expensive, poor quality of men, no variety of drinks on tap.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

My first ever Cityswoon date night. The guys were already drunk by 8 pm. I couldn't figure out whether it was the alcohol talking or dating jitters. Phew!. A great way to mingle but poor quality of men and they didn't offer ciders. I had to pay for it. The online matching is even worse. I have responded to so many questions without any replies. Frustrating to say the least. I am a single Perth lady ready to mingle.

Great Relaxed Way to Date

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

After being to many other speed dating nights I found City Swoon the best way to meet new people. The relaxed atmosphere and venues are on point. The Staff running the event and the app used make it very easy to find your next date. I would recommend this over any other speed dating company due to the fact you get more time with each date and dont feel rush in a straight line.

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi John, thanks for sharing your thoughts on our events, we appreciate it and will pass on your thoughts to our hosts and venues. We do try and make the events as 'natural' as we can. Happy dating!

Met the One

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Met a beautiful girl in a crowed bar as a result on the City Swoon event, we hit it off and there has been no looking back. Shot down to Melbourne for the ballet and proposed during the intermission.

We were in the right place at the right time both mind body and soul.

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Turtle, thank you for sharing that awesome news! ***Congratulations***

Great fun and well structured

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2018

After trying both speed dating and online dating previously, this was a great experience. I was matched with like minded people in a fun and relaxed environment. I met my partner through city swoon and have been with her for 8 months. We are both still amazed that we found each other and are so thankful. Thanks City Swoon

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Brett, Wow! That's fantastic news. We are so happy for both of you! We love hearing about this. Thanks for sharing.

Fun night

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

This date night event was awesome, the staff are amazing. One in particular staff member is Chris from Sydney!

He is the admin guy and he was so amazing over emails! You will not regret going or if you email Chris, he was so accommodating and went beyond his way for me.

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Anne, thank you for the review! We really appreciate it.

Wow

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I have been to quite a lot of speed dating over the years . So to sit for 15 minutes on a date is way too long. 8 dates in total . Food was trash and basic drinks the only good thing was the host. Worst set up iv been too no atmosphere full boring I wanted to leave when I got there. These girls were not matched to me and also they need to check if as fact most were older than 49 Total waste of my time and money. There are plenty of better sites than this and half the price. They indicated 15 dates not 8

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Dissappointed, Dates at our events last 10-13 minutes, but because people are free to roam, there's a bit of time for a reshuffle - so talk time of around 8-12. This works for the vast majorit... read more »

• 10 comments
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

I've recommended it to my girlfriends...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

I'm no longer single, but after recommending it to yet another girl friend recently, I realised I should probably write a review :P

Cityswoon is a speed dating site which doesn't follow the typical speed dating format. Instead of the ladies being seated with the guys rotating after every 5 minutes, their web app matched me to a subset of guys who met my criteria, who I got to talk to for longer. There is ample time for mingling, however, where I got the opportunity to talk to people I hadn't matched with.

THE PROS:
- I found the quality of guys better compared to other companies. This is probably due to the higher cost, $89 (as of early last year). I'd meet 6-8 guys versus the 15-20 guys in other companies, but quality > quantity.
- The events were well run. The hosts were professional, the venues were great, there was yummy food and drinks on offer. The food was quite delicious, versus another company who served Dominos at a bar!
- I liked how they didn't match me up with anyone I'd matched with previously.
- It was good to be matched with people who met my general criteria. For example, having kids is important to me. While speaking to another lady who matched with someone I didn't, she mentioned that neither of them wanted kids. It would've been a dealbreaker for me, so it saved me the effort of getting to know this person.

THE CONS:
- Since I was only matched with people I hadn't met before, there were times when I wasn't meeting a lot of men during the events. After I had been going semi-regularly (once a month for three, four months?), I found that I had more "friend dates" (where they matched me up with another lady for a chat) and I wasn't meeting as many men.
- The site allows everyone who's been to the event to message each other afterwards. There was a bit of awkwardness when I had to turn down some men I wasn't interested in. (Messaging is on their website, so no contact details are exchanged.)

PRO/CON:
- The longer time spent on each date can be either a pro or a con. If it's someone interesting, obviously it's a good thing, otherwise not!
- Their web app, whilst the session is going on. I'm not a big fan of having a conversation while having my mobile nearby and having to continuously keep an eye on it. But some of the questions in the app were great conversation starters.

I went out with a couple of guys, one of whom I dated for a few months. Ultimately, I met my now-partner online, but I always recommend this service to my friends. One of them prefers Cityswoon over another speed dating company, saying that the quality of guys was better.

As with any speed dating event, you never know who might turn up... there are times I've not been interested in anyone, while other times I've ended up with quite a few 'matches'. Just go with an open mind and take it as an opportunity to mingle and have a few fun chats with the opposite gender!

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Emme, Thank you for taking the time to give such a comprehensive and accurate review! We believe we offer the best dating events service in the country and work very hard to make every even... read more »

BRISBANE CITY

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great format to meet people in person! Very relaxed and fun.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

The event's themselves are well organised and fun natured. I enjoyed all of my matched dates, whether they were successful or not due to the format of how the dates were arranged, for example the way the website gave you the person to find live and then in the date sent you questions so you can score points were fun, it gave us all something to talk about.

I changed my rating to a 5 as I had to speak with customer service around a billing issue. My issue was dealt with fast and efficiently, it was a very smooth process. Based on this level of customer service, it enhanced the whole experience with City Swoon.

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Thank you for the feedback!

Highly recommend for speed dating

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

After being on the singles scene for a while and trying various different ways to meet people, I would say that Cityswoon is professionally run, has great customer service, friendly hosts and is a relaxed concept - much better than traditional speed dating. I was lucky to meet my partner at the last event I attended! Thank you Cityswoon.

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi LovelyL, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and for letting us know about your relationship. What great news!! All the very best.

Brett, Louise and the Cityswoon team

Auckland

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Misleading business conduct

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

I joined the City swoon membership for one year, but only been to their event once, I found out it was very misleading and disappointed. The event was poor organised, attendees were randomly matched and meet up, you "had" whoever turned up that night - As other's said, chance is similar as you met someone on a bus stop, it doesn't worth the money. Kindly remind others, please do your homework and check other negative reviews before you go ahead, Not worth the money. Last, be-careful joining their membership!!! After I moved to oversea, they still charged me membership without any notice, when I raised my concern immediately, they didn't sort out the problem professionally, just ignored, ignored, ignored! Very unprofessional and Poor business conduct!

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi V, Membership is optional and easily canceled at any time as clearly stated on the website, emails and renewal emails and any other communications. But, you do need to cancel it or let us kn... read more »

Hi Chris, I don't think there is anything wrong to share this experience and let others know how bad the event you organised. This review platform let other customers get insights before their ... read more »

Cityswoon Official

Hi, We always listen and act, where appropriate, to reviews and feedback. We have been over the membership process and we constantly review it. All communications were sent to you as described.... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

My 1st experience wasn't great however Chris did the right thing and gave me a discount off the next event. Thanks for your understanding and good customer service Chris...

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our priority is looking after you and ensuring that all our customers have a great experience with Cityswoon. Very occasionally, things don't ... read more »

Wallflowers opinion

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

I attended one of the Brisbane social events. I was nervous and attending by myself. This ended up probably one of the best nights out I've had in a while. The six meets were well coordinated (even though I wasn't), Made friends with a few people and had a genuinely fun time once I got over my nerves

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Justin, thank you for the review! With 6 meets, that would have been our big Brisbane Spring Party. It was a huge success with excellent feedback. Thanks again for making your feedback public ... read more »

An Amazing Experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I have been to quite a few of the City Swoon events and I find them amazing! The team on the night are always professional, friendly and will happily have a chat after the event to get some instant feedback, which I think is a great way to gain a feel for how everything is going.
It's such an awesome way to meet new people, whether it be a new BFF that you might meet on a "wingman" round or your actual dates - which are just people that you wouldn't meet in a normal night out. I can't wait til these guys introduce me to the man of my dreams #nopressure. The ability to sit face to face and date up to 6 or 7 guys in one night and chat to them for 10 minutes is great! Rarely is the conversation a struggle and you never really know where it will go!
The venues are clearly selected carefully - not only to support our local small bars but to give us another great new venue to explore via their attentive staff, cocktail menu or outstanding wine list.
Maybe you will be my next date?
Thanks City Swoon - you are legends!

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi VegemiteLover, Thanks for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that you have had such an awesome time at our events!

Great way of meeting sinlges

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Having attended a few of these events, I can safely say that the company is professional and the venues chosen are quite good. The company provides events for various age groups ensuring that when you attend an event, you are bound to meet girls within your age range. The use of the mobile phone to provide your dates for the evening shows that this sort of speed dating can be fun rather than the conveyor belt style speed dating that most companies provide. As a bonus, differing from the one glass of champagne served by other companies, there is freely flowing alcohol throughout the event as well as decent food snacks served mid-event.

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Author, Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed the events!

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

A good way to meet a general mix of people over drinks

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

I write this from the perspective of a female in her early 30s. The review is for 3 events between Feb 2017 and June 2017.

This is a good way to get out and have a few drinks and a good time.

I found half the men attending were not looking for long term relationships. At least one man at an event would happily openly say he was looking for a quick hook up after.

I found around 20% were the cliched short fat men you meet at speed dating.

Quite a few lied about their age (up to 5 years less), this is usually men in their late 30s or early 40s. Cityswoon should introduce some kind of ID check.

Perhaps 40% in the 28+ age groups were in a professional job, but in the 25+ events this drops to 25%.

I would recommend this for a woman in her 30s who just wants to get out of the house and feel like she is doing something about her dating life. It's a lot of fun!

I would not recommend this if you have been dating heavily already and hoping to use this as an extra way to meet a potential long term partner. The chances are slim if you are a professional looking for an equal.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Sydney Girl, Thank you for taking to time to review us and so glad you had such fun! It’s very surprising that you found “half the men attending were not looking for long term relationships”? ... read more »

Well organsied, Fun and Value for money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

I would like to highly recommend the City Swoon Speed dating nights! They are really well organised by friendly staff; So much fun and great value for money! Over the night you normally meet between 5 to 8 people around your age group; your drinks are included and some food too. I have been to 2 of these events so far and would continue until I find that special someone!

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Fiona, Thank you for the great note! We are dedicated to making great experiences for everyone. Best regards.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Poor value, the other speed dating companies are much better

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

There is no tightly matched matches. You just meet whoever is there that night and unfortunately for me were men completely Incompatible with me. I have had better luck just going to a bar on a friday night and chatting to strangers. And for $89 at city swoon it is really poor value despite finger food and unlimited drinks (there is only so much you can drink particularly if you are driving). The other speed dating companies around are much much cheaper and you get to meet more men around 12, while at cityswoon you only meet 6-8 and many of these attend the other speed dating events anyway so i have met them before.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi May, Wow, one star. Really? Firstly, your dispute with value: Well, we think it’s great value. As Australia’s *only* professional singles events company, we work really hard to achieve the... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Attended first event last week, highly recommend. Whole experience felt respectful and unpressured. Intimate but at same time spacious venue - food/ beverage fine I believe, though honestly I was too busy having a nice time to need that component. I'll be back, simply appreciative of an evening of face-to-face conversation & connection without all the frustration & angst that accompanies online interaction. As far as I'm concerned, that's quite priceless.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Marley, thanks for the lovely review! We agree, face-to-face is special.

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

I will try one more event

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

Time poor and seeking someone active means I finally tried "speed dating". The venue was not nice. I was served a $9 gin and tonic with the bottom of a tonic bottle with completely flat tonic. I got a replacement. I could not sit comfortably as "seating" was rough wood covered with cloth. I eventually found stools. Yes I sound fussy but at $89 it's exxy for deep fried potato and sparkling wine. I was not formally introduced to a host but the app made it easy to meet everyone. As it was obvious we were speed dating mixed in with normal patrons it felt a bit odd. People were pleasant. I met people more my type at Fri night drinks later in the week for less expense. I will try one more event at a classier venue.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cityswoon Official

Hi Angie, Thanks for taking the time to review us. That's disappointing to hear the drinks and food at that event were sub-par. We will be looking into that, as we are always looking to improve ... read more »

1 of 2 pages