Perfect home, Perfect service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

We started building with Clarendon in March 2017 as the whole process has being easy from start to finish. [name removed] our customer consultant was a pleasure to work with, she made sure all our questions were answered and made us feel completely comfortable with everything. Even after her after service skills are second to none. [name removed] our site supervisor was and still is amazing, I have got to say one of the best out there, always at the end of a phone call for us and presented us with our perfect home at the end. Everyone in the neighborhood commented on how professional our contractors were and how nice our house is. Thank you to everyone at Clarendon for building our dream home, I would recommend you to anyone building.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Very professional site manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

This was our first build in Queensland, and with Clarendon, and have to say we found the experience very positive. Our site manager [name removed] was very accommodating, especially with our numerous inspections! [name removed] always kept us up to date, answered all our questions and put our mind at ease. His professionalism throughout the build, and knowledge of the different trades, were fantastic; it was well above our expectations. He was a welcome relief when he replaced our initial site manager, which happened early in the process. [name removed] professionalism enabled the co-ordination of the different trades to occur very smoothly and efficiently. There was an issue with the tiler, he quickly found another one so that the job could continue as scheduled. Minor issues (only a few) were sorted out efficiently and without any fuss. Handover went smoothly and everything was explained in detail.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Franklin Rd

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

We are currently part way through our build with Clarendon Homes and are extremely impressed with the quality and precision of the build to date. The coordination between our very efficient site manager and contractors and various trades is amazing which is resulting in progress beyond our dreams. There have been very few hold ups with any of the build and the site is always left in a very presentable state. We are always kept up to date with progress or any queries regarding our selections and are always approached on a very personal level making this dream build seemingly as important to Clarendon Homes as it is to us.
Thank you to all involved and most importantly to our site manager.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

My first home build with Clarendon and I'm thoroughly impressed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

The Clarendon build quality for the Killara 24 is exceptional. The building and fittings have emerged as I visualised and similar to that of the display homes. The site supervisor was pleasant, genuinely helpful, highly knowledgeable and was always available with a prompt response for any questions I had in addition to providing me detailed updates every week throughout the build period. I am thankful that the build was in [name removed]'s hands.
Prior to the build period, the Clarendon Customer Service and Colour Studio Consultants looked after me very well and was always willing to respond to any queries I had. Since I was a first home buyer I had multiple questions and visits to ensure I got the best design and they never once hesitated to sit through and resolve my questions. Overall, I am simply impressed and very excited to call the Killara 24 my new home!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Excellent after sales service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

A year ago we built with Clarendon Homes in Brisbane (Moggill). The build went smoothly & the finishes were excellent. What really impressed us was the after sales service. The defects were only minor but they were all fixed without dispute. We have used other project homes in the past & this really stood out as Clarendon's point of difference.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2016

We're Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Through the whole journey, 3 components really standout. Firstly the sales. We have a difficult block due to a shared driveway issue. Our consultant, [name removed] went the extra mile to ensure that the option we were choosing would work, and took into account the impacts on our neighbours etc. Other companies didn't seem to care.
[name removed] the design consultant was great too. Not having built before made us very nervous about all the different options etc. [name removed] guided us through the whole process and we love the result. The other standout was our project manager [name removed]. Nothing was too much trouble and has made sure a few minor issues have all been resolved.
IT has all been a really positive experience. Thank you Clarendon!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

What a great site manager!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

What a wonderful experience it was building with Clarendon,
Our start date was 20th April 2017 and I have to say, it was a dream build.
Everything just flowed so smoothly, the site was left clean and tidy ready for the next lot of trades and everyone just got along so well.
The quality and workmanship of our home has been faultless, with such a great group of trades, with an even better site manager [name removed] running the show.
I must say I was extremely impressed with how much respect the trades had for [name removed], and how highly they think of him, I can see why after we met him.
What a top bloke, respectful, courteous, extremely knowledgeable in his field, great communication every step of the way, when I had any questions he answered them promptly and always returned our calls.
[name removed] never left us wondering, he was organised and totally on the ball, couldn't fault his work ethics.
There was a minor fault where the wrong door handle was installed, I mentioned it to our site manager and he was onto it, replaced the very next day.
[name removed] was with us at handover and he explained everything in detail with tips on how best to maintain our beautiful new home, the better half is extremely happy, as am I.

Gold Coast

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2014

Home Sweet Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

2 years ago I built a Clarendon home. The build went smoothly and I was always kept update with the progress throughout the build. In addition the site manager was always available to answer any questions I may have had. I am also very happy with the workmanship and quality of the build. Furthermore, it is very refreshing that the customer service and support has always been exceptional. The staff at Clarendon have always been very helpful, efficient and friendly.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Pre-Construction Process

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

We chose Clarendon due to our adviser giving us some inside information about Clarendon's performance when he had his house built with them.

To get straight to the point, we went for a house and land deal with the Evolution package as it was the most appealing to us.

A short time after paying our deposit to secure the land, we were introduced to our customer service consultant (CSC).
From this point, our service consultant was overall, great. She introduced her self and gave a full run down of how the process works and what we need to do in return.

When we went for our colour studio appointments, we were slightly disappointed when the evolution package was presented to us in person. It didn't look so appealing as what is illustrated in the magazine. Your options are very limited and bland. As a result we spent a considerable amount on upgrades. Their prices for upgrades are ridiculous but they need to make their money some how.
On a highlight, the customer service was excellent and they assisted us with all our questions and suggested options for the look we were going for. PS I would not bother trying to get a friend who is an electrician or plumber to try and save a buck. It ends up costing more.

After selecting everything, our CSC maintained constant communication with us and responded to our enquiries promptly. Always keeping us in the loop as to what is going on and where things are going.

We had really no issues with council approval due to our CSC guiding us in the right direction.

Our process would have been completed a lot quicker but we had some long delays with finances. For this Clarendon had to be patient with us. Further to this, our CSC guided us again for what options we can take and steered us to other members of Clarendon to assist (Customer Support Team Leader and Customer Finance Consultant).

The reason why we deducted one star is when we were asked to sign the final contract for all planned construction work, we found certain brand items had been added to replace a previous item that we selected.
These changes were done without our consent. The down fall here is we were asked to sign a contract with amendments made and without notifying us. We questioned Clarendon why this occurred? Is this a more expensive or less product? Does it match the rest of the features we chose for each room? After consulting with our CSC CSTL, it was made clear why these changes occurred (The product we chose were no longer in stock). We were simply disappointed we were not informed of these changes prior to signing the final contract.

Besides that slightly downfall, our overall experience with Clarendon has been excellent. What ever enquiry we had for our CSC, she was able to answer and if she didn't know, she'll find out urgently. Always spoke and responded in a professional manner. But what was mostly paramount to us is she was understanding in regards to our circumstances.

Now all the paperwork is done, time to move onto construction. Not a great start as I checked on our land today. Only to find that someone/people have illegally dumped their rubbish (Concrete/dirt) on our land. I advise to regularly check your land to ensure this does not happen. Maybe ask Clarendon to put a fence up (If possible).a lot earlier prior to construction as you will be slapped with the clean up bill.

I would recommend Clarendon to others based on our overall experience. Just bear in mind what package you chose, looks are deceiving. Be prepared to have some cash aside for a lot of upgrades. Also, always read the contract before signing.

Cheers!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Great Builder, professional service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Our build with Clarendon has been a dream run. From start to finish the staff were excellent. Our site manager [name removed] was available to answer all of our questions and never left us wondering what was happening next. [name removed] is super organised and on the ball, he always made time to speak to us or meet on site if required. The quality and finish of our home is a credit to [name removed] and his team.

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Exception Consultant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

This is our first time building with Clarendon and from the start they have shown both my wife and I exceptional service and courtesy during the initial stage. [name removed] (Customer Service Consultant) has been an excellent source of knowledge, experience and very highly motivated. We strongly recommend her and thank her for her dedication to our build. [name removed] at Upper Coomera display centre was a great sales consultant and his experience, knowledge and assistance was the telling fact to why we chose Clarendon above all others.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Amazing experience in Australia

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

We are new comer in Australia and making a decision to build a new house from a vacant land was really a challenge to us. Before getting to Clarendon, we had deposited to another builder but feel unhappy with the way they deal with customer and also the final design was not as good as we expected. Lot of anxieties as we found that the building process here is so different from our country. Clarendon's Saleman had helped to explain and provided technical supports to come up with our dream house design to fit our family with 5 bedrooms but still have spacious spaces for different functions such as Living room, Family, upstairs rumpus as well as to meet our Feng shui expectations. All consultants were experienced and knowledgeable to give us the best advice for the internal decorations and other smart systems. Once knowing the 1st site supervisor was not helpful, Clarendon had replaced an experienced supervisor to us, he was extremely good in both technical and communication skills. The house is built within budget and 2 weeks earlier than scheduled. I had been worked closely with my supervisor at different phases of the construction process, always provide great communications and commitments. So, we were finally so happy when receiving my new house clean and beautiful. We definitely recommend Clarendon to my friends and will be my builder again if we plan to build the second house :). Thanks a lot for your professionalism and commitment to make our dream comes true.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Pre - Construction Process

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

From the beginning of our building process, our experience dealing with Clarendon has been positive. Starting from sales, deciding on our plan, choosing our internals and through the colour selections, every queries and request has been dealt with promptly with satisfaction. We thought we were in good hands for our knock down and rebuild.
However the DA submission has been very disappointing. Due to the oversight by Clarendon, the DA approval came with massive delay. The explanation we got from Clarendon was due to the 149 Certificate obtained from Council did not specify any specific requirements, thus some of the aspects did not get submitted until Council requested later on. I checked with my neighbours who were also going through building/ renovations process and was advised that the reports and aspects which Clarendon missed were just standard requirements which they had all been informed by the architects and other builders at the very beginning stage before council DA lodgments.
I am surprised how such a reputable and experienced builder like Clarendon who have built so many houses in our and surrounding suburbs and have been dealing with the Council on all these projects could have missed some of the most important pre-requisites for DA submission.
It seems to me Clarendon failed to check the Council website for the local planning rules but instead, just adopts the “one to all” standard approach for all the DA lodgments.
Obviously it would have saved me a lot of time and money if Clarendon have done the pre-lodgment check with council. It would also have saved a lot of hassle to my neighbour if Clarendon was aware of local stormwater drainage specifications for the low density residential lands.
I expected getting a respectable project home company to do the knock down and rebuild would be a less hassle one but it turned out not the case. I must admit, though, the customer service consultants at Clarendon I dealt with have been very helpful so far.

Unfortunately the oversight with the DA requirements by the Permit team has caused not only the delay on my house construction, my contract tender has expired for months and now I am being told to pay extra for the tender expiry variation! It’s Clarendon’s mistakes at first but they are charging me extra on the delay! That is just unjustifiable.

Anyone who are about to sign the contract tender with Clarendon, make sure you leave enough time until the tender go expired for the council DA to be approved. Otherwise you will end up in my situation.

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Ordinary Customer. We are very sorry to hear that there have been delays with DA requirements for your new home. Would you be kind enough to email us through your contact details so we can look ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

A+A+A+

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I chose Clarendon based on a referral from friends and on reputation. I have built before so knew what to expect, but Clarendon honestly exceeded those expectations. It seemed smooth sailing from the word go, from signing the contract through to our site cut. During construction we were kept well up to date and if we had any issues our Site Manager was there to assist. The build was completed in about 28-30 weeks for our double storey which we were pleased with. I would consider building again with Clarendon it just seemed so easy!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

The journey up to pre- construction

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Job No 29911981. We decided to build with Clarendon because of its designs and reputations. It took us a long time to come this far, and we have met so amazing staff members along the way. Our sales consultant [name removed] was very patient with us, and after the tender, he has gone out of his way to help us. Our experiences with the tender consultant was a nightmare, which resulted in us nearly proceeding elsewhere. but the Contract Consultant [name removed] has restored our faith in the process and addressed all our concerns. When the file was handed over to Customer Services Consultant, our first consultant was not responsive. So it was a huge relief when [name removed] took after our file. [name removed] was always available to talk on the phone, and replied to our emails very promptly, which was much appreciated when she had so many other customers to look after. Our colour consultant [name removed] was very helpful in that stressful day of Colour Studio appointment, and worked with us late into the night to make sure we were happy with the selection. Overall we are happy with Clarendon even though the journey was not always smooth. But that was life. The construction is due to commence this month, and we cannot wait to see our new home taking shape!

Double Storey Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Recently completed double story home in Newport. Spent quite a bit of time reviewing feedback and house design. Found a lot of practical designs at Clarendon homes. Made quite a few changes to design which Clarendon were happy to accommodate and assisted where possible. The build process was smooth and very fast. The build quality was good, and I was happy with the final product. The site supervisor Dean Butt did a good job of keeping me up to date and progress and was committed to ensuring I was happy with the outcome. Any issues were quickly rectified. I would build with Clarendon again.

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 3 questions

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2017

Very Happy with our new home.....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

been to our new house for about 2 months and very happy so far...Everything went as planned...building plans were followed...couldn't fault anything major...Happy with the price as well...Customer service good apart from probably the salesman we talked initially though not totally bad just some misunderstandings...overall will recommend Clarendon especially when it comes to price I guess compared to other expensive builder...

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Another happy Clarendon family!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

From day one walking into the display homes at Waterline and chatting with [name removed] we knew Clarendon were the builders for us. [name removed] listened to our needs and concerns and very quickly put us at ease with the whole building process. Her product knowledge was impeccable, and every question was answered almost straight away, albeit for a price on an extra or an adjustment on the plans. The colours were very quickly arranged once the contract was finalised. The standard fittings and finishes had a great range and we saw good value in what we were offered (sapphire inclusions) The only negative I can raise is the electrical appointment - there I felt the upgrades where overpriced for what they were and we were not getting the same value shown in the tiles and colours appointment. To our build date : [name removed] was able to bring our start date forward by over a month on our contract which was a welcomed surprise for us. A huge thanks must go out to [name removed] for helping rectify an oversight on our behalf for the kitchen, again nothing was too much for Clarendon to sort out, even though it was our mistake.

[name removed], our site manager quickly made contact to introduce himself and explained the next step of the build. [name removed] progressed with the build at a steady rate getting from slab to roof within three weeks! He then invited us for our walk through to check it all out and outline any concerns we may have had. [name removed] took many a call from us throughout the build and answered all of our questions no matter how silly they were. From lock up Clarendon got on with the finishing touched and always kept us up to date with the progress reports. The tradies that were used took pride in their work and were on hand to answer any questions. I will note that some of the brick work was not the best, [name removed] did sort it out amicably. The job site was always clean and tidy. All in all everyone we dealt with at Clarendon was friendly, helpful and professional. We couldn't be happier with our first home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Easy Breezy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Before choosing to build with Clarendon, we were actually about to sign off with a Custom Home Builder. We had our plans already drawn up, ready to sign until we started the process with Clarendon. From the beginning, to the start of the Construction process has been a breeze. The staff has been very accommodating and have answered any queries we had. We had a very smooth appointment during our Colour Selections and were happy with the level of service that was provided to us.

Our Customer Service Consultant was accommodating and kept us up to date with Developer and Council lodgements and responded in a timely manner. If there was anything out of her leaque, she was able to sort it out with Management to help get us over the line to Construction. Any feedback from either the Developer and/or Council she was on top of and notified us as soon as any information was available. It was such a breeze dealing with her and if future clients could ask who they could have as their CSC, I would recommend ours :)

We haven't received any update on our build since the slab was laid, but we're sure things are getting done so we can move into our home sooner rather than later.

Would highly recommend Clarendon to my family and friends.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Very excellent customer service

1: very very friendly staff [name removed] and very helpful always
2: good customer service, my customer consultant is very professional and helpful
3: very good guide about how to get the best result and always think about customers benefit first
4: Very good business company and is worth to trusting and build with them
5: I will definitely introduce Clarendon to my family and friends if they need to build their future home.

1 of 38 pages