Outstanding!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Customer service was just amazing and [name removed] was onto it before we even knew about it. It can always be a bit overwhelming building but the customer service was many bars above the rest. Once again thank you so much [name removed]. Our experience was just Outstanding with her. Thank you for making us feel like family it really made the biggest difference for us. Cheers

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2016

Love our home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

The workmanship was very good with quality inclusion. We selected the Diamond package which gave us the level of quality we wanted. It is wonderful to have a flexible range of quality inclusions to choose from.
It is also beneficial to be able to make changes up front as to the design of your home. Having said that, we thought the chooses made by the Clarendon Design Team were perfect for the home we wanted and did not feel the need to change much at all.

Looking back, we were very lucky to have [name removed] our supervisor throughout the build. He was professional and easy to converse with. It allays fears when communication is good and issues are dealt with quickly.

The customer service and support after completion was very impressive. This was the first home we had built and I wondered what the support would be after the home had been built and the last progress payment made. It made no difference that we have paid in full ... that support was still there and again anything that needed doing was done quickly.

We have lived in our home for over 1.5 years now. I would not hesitate to build with Clarendon again becasuse we love our home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Clarendon Easily the best customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

We are currently at Pre construction and arranged the build with Clarendon Homes long distance over the phone. We flew into Brisbane and made a whirlwind visit to Clarendon HQ. The consultants were excellent and special thanks to the colour consultant who made life very easy, and always a pleasure to deal with the Customer Service Consultant [name removed] who always returned our calls and fixed our numerous problems. The next step is to see if the tradies are as good at their Job as the consultants.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Customer Service Consultant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

My build is about to be handed over to the construction team so I am only able to comment on the experience so far. I am happy with my CSO [name removed] who is patient in answering my questions and keeping me updated in each step during the pre construction stage. I would recommend [name removed] to any of my friends.

Hayward’s bay

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Clarendon homes- definitely not worth it! Now having to go to the tribunal!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

We spent over $100k on upgrades and changes to our original plan and have been treated badly to say the least. Should have known from the beginning when the original paperwork had mistakes every time it came back to us there was going to be a problem. Don’t believe anything the sales people or colour studio consultants tell you even if it is in writing, it all changes once construction begins and they do not care what you were told! We have purchased upgrades under false and misleading representations, when repeatedly questioned to Clarendon we struggle to get responses from anyone at Clarendon, we went to the department of fair trading as Clarendon would not address our issues and they refused to handover the house, refused to fix issues, have charged us for work which was never done and refuse to provide any evidence to say it was. We met the construction manager and all he wanted to do was try to intimidate us and try to talk his way out of everything. 4 months over build end date and not a cent of liquidated damages. We have a long list of defective work still to be fixed and can not get a response or escalation from anyone at Clarendon. Don't be fooled that they are better quality then any other builders they use the same poor trades and the same products, if you want a spec home go with all worth if you want to spend like we did go with a custom builder you will end up paying the same amount for a much better experience and quality that’s for sure! I have a million pictures of their dodgy work, a million email trails and a long list of issues I now need to take to the tribunal to get back the money they fraudulently have taken from us, not to mention the stress pain and suffering they have caused our family definitely not worth it!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi L Martin. We are very sorry to hear about the concerns you have. We would like to escalate the matters to our State Building Manager for his immediate attention. If you would be kind enough t... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Our service manager [name removed] has always kept us up to date with what is happening and always responds to our questions even when they seemed stupid. We have been kept informed throughout the whole process even when there was a delay (not due to Clarendon).

Colour selection was made enjoyable by the representatives and their advice and assistance was both helpful and reassuring.

We have now been released to construction and hope to have the slab laid by Christmas. Everything going well we should have our build completed by May/June 2018.

We look forward to meeting our construction manager.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Off to a great start!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

We've begun our journey with Clarendon after reading many positive reviews on this site. We started off emailing [name removed] (sales consultant) who was very helpful and patient with us making slow decisions and would meet us at display homes after hours as my partner finishes work late. We had a lot of back and forth with changes before contract and he was extremely patient with us, but also got us estimates very quickly.

Once we'd signed the contract we moved onto [name removed] who is our admin. She's been a delight, often responding to any queries within a couple of hours and when we've had some issues with an estimate coming through as not what we were quoted or any discrepancies in the contract, she's rectified them quickly with no hassles.

We've also had the pleasure of going to colour, tile, carpet and electrical appointments, all of which have been drama free with consultants who aren't trying to upsell and are more interested in what is best for us and our budget. We look forward to starting construction in the next few weeks with [name removed] who we will meet soon.

We are on track to finish our build around May 2018. This is our second home we will have built with the first being with a similarly rated builder and the Clarendon build has started off much smoother which is very promising. We shall provide some updates on how Clarendon has gone throughout our build and at the end so stay tuned!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Thank You Clarendon!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2017

Thanks Clarendon and specially our site manager, to make our dream house a reality. It was a great experience throughout the built up period. We were so restless before the construction was began but Step by Step, Brick by Brick we could feel the efforts and quality, builder was putting in our home and we were relaxed with every visit during construction. Everything moved as planning and as promised. We are proud on our decision on choosing Clarendon and we are thankful to Clarendon for choosing best site manager for our house. Actually our journey with builder from the sales staff in Springfield lakes display homes and then to the office for colour selection and finally meeting to the site manager was an easy going process and everyone was so helpful. We don't need to recommend Clarendon to anyone. People come our house, see the quality and take instant decision to go with Clarendon. The work is speaking itself.

Customer Service Consultant

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

My build has just been handed over to construction so I am still in the early stages, but I would like to mention that my CSC [name removed] was very patient in assisting me to the build stage. She was always courteous and professional in every dealing no matter how challenging. She helped minimise the stress by keeping a cool and calm attitude throughout especially as building can be quite a stressful experience.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Living in a nightmare and would never recommend building with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

We signed up with Clarendon believing all the hype and advertising about a 'quality finish'. What we ended up with is an ongoing nightmare which will no doubt end up in court. Bathrooms have had to be gutted, several walls ripped down and re-lined, and the carpet has been ripped up several times to fix squeaking floors, gutters weren't connected to downpipes, gutters were angled the wrong way, bathrooms flooded and more. As a result of over 12mths of fighting with them to fix the defects we still have brickwork that looks like it was laid by a drunk / blind bricklayer, walls that are bowed, carpet that has been trashed from being ripped up and relaid several times and a whole lot more.

Communication is awful. Our site supervisor quit, we dealt with the building manager until it hit the warranty period, now we deal with some other Clarendon folk who may email us once a week if we're lucky. Trades turn up unannounced and have no idea what they have been sent out to fix. Honestly it is an absolute circus which makes us wish that we have never ever signed a contract with Clarendon.

If you are considering building with them seriously consider going with someone else. And I'd disregard any reviews of Clarendon from people who have not completed the build and moved in as Clarendon push very hard to have reviews left prior to handover.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi John M. We are very sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your home and the maintenance work since handover. We take these matters very seriously and would like to escalate these... read more »

Done. But considering that for quite some time now all my email correspondence has been cc'd to Clarendon Customer Care I'm quite certain you'd already have my details.

Clarendon Official

Hi John. Unfortunately we can't always tell from a first name who a client providing feedback is. Kind Regards.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2014

Our first build experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

The workmanship on the property on the whole was very good. There were a number of issues (shower screens, floor varnishing) that had to be rectifies after settlement.
The build was managed fairly well. There were a few communication issues that resulted in a few problems that were fixed by further consultation
The support from the Claredon office was excellent and any questions were followed up promptly.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Best House Building Experience One Could Have!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

There are many horror stories and negative experiences from building a house but our experience is not one of them. After suffering through starting with a sub grade builder we chose to switch to Clarendon and could not have made a better choice. From the Sales Consultant at the Coomera display village, the colour selections consultants, the Clarendon support consultant and the site manager everyone was professional, helpful, supportive, trustworthy and reliable. Plus the whole home with upgrades etc was very cost competitive - the finished product is better the we ever expected and the trade work so good that tradesmen friends even comment on how good it is. Cant do better then that.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Excellent so far. Highly recommended!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

My overall experience with Clarendon homes is excellent so far. Highly recommended!!!

I was recommended by my friend to build with Clarendon Homes. We have just completed our pre construction stage. Initially in the process I was bit disappointed with time it consumed to go through all the appointments and selection of select internal and external designs and fit outs. Usually the appointments are over booked well in advance, and I had to wait for a months to get a slot and there were no options available over the weekend which mean I had to take few days off from work to accommodate these appointments. Overall it took 2-3 months from the date I signed up with Clarendon to complete my appointments, totally waste of time and money. However, I liked the Clarendon colour studio. Its built on one stop shop concept. Everything you need to select for your house is under one roof. The customer rep were really professional and helpful.

At this stage I was not happy with the time spent, but then [name removed] Customer Service Consultant was assigned on this job. She understood my concerns and provided her professional support to speed up the process. She was really understanding, and accommodated changes I made through the process without introducing any delays. She ensured that all pre construction requirements are addressed and lodged a DA approval which I got in two weeks with no hassle. She successfully turned things around and made my experience with Clarendon Homes from bad to great! Its amazing how one person in the company can make a difference. She’s definitely an asset to a company. I hope the momentum continues and construction phase is as enjoyable as pre construction phase.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

We are off to construction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

The overall professionalism of Clarendons staff together with the overall Colour Studio set up was 1st class. We are happy we are with a builder that knows their stuff. We are now on our way to construction, we can't wait. A thank you to our Customer Service Consultant who guided us through some difficult stages and really looked after us.

A stellar performance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

When we decided to take the plunge to build our first home from scratch, we were confronted with a wide world of styles, sizes and options. The weekend trawling through what seemed to be an endless road full of disappointing finishes, annoying layouts or house designs that were almost there with the exception of one or two major factions such as the price tag made the task arduous and long. Then we came across Clarendon homes, who not only had an array of well laid out homes, but were also very flexible with making any changes required to make the house unique for our personal living preferences. What a breath of fresh air. From our first consultation to the signing of the final contract leading to construction has been a completely professional yet wonderfully fun experience. It would have in no way been as pleasurable an experience without the ultimate wisdom and guidance we received from [name removed] (our customer service consultant), who went above and beyond to make the process run as smoothly as humanly possible.

Not only did she push proceedings to speed the planning stage through, but she also took the time to overlook all aspects of our home and even picked up on several small matters that would otherwise have been overlooked, and she then rectified them promptly. Her nonpareil knowledge of the construction network and her genial manner have made the entire experience delightfully gratifying. As [name removed] has been one step ahead of the system, we acknowledge that any delay that we have encountered with our construction falls completely on our end. We wish to thank [name removed] and Clarendon homes as a collective and look forward to proceeding to the next stage of building our home.

Kind regards,

Adam and Karina.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2010

Quality homes in Brisbane

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

This is our second house building with Clarendon Homes, as a return customer, obviously we are very impressed with the quality and the customer service. Clarendon is not a fancy builder but it has all the required stuff we need. No hidden surprise or surcharges. Very good quality, good design and craftsmanship. Transparent communication. Good follow-up building maintenance (6 months after). Highly recommended.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Great experience with Clarendon so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

We had just completed process until pre construction stage so far. From sales person to construction plan and DA approval the whole journey, all staffs whom I had interacted were helpful and easy to communicate.

Questions are always answered thoroughly and promptly and nothing is too much of an issue. I feel very confident building with Clarendon even though this is my first home they are helping me through the process and definitely go the extra mile for the client from my experience!

Definitely worth mention of two people, first the first person I met, the Sales person at Parklea Super centre and the CSC, who helped us to complete most of the pre construction processes.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Building house with Clarendon Homes - Excellent Services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

We planned to build our new dream house with Clarendon Homes. From start [name removed] form Willowdale display center up till now till construction stage we are very happy with services we got from Clarendon Homes Staff. Especially services provided by our Service consultant [name removed]. I don't have words to Thank her as she went above and beyond in providing us her services.She is very helpful and take extra initiative to help us.She is always available to answer any question we have and explain each and everything in a professional manner.
Now our house has gone for construction stage and I hope we will get similar Customer service consultant as [name removed] so that our journey finish with them in flying colors.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2016

Build was a smooth process, after hand-over support was efficient and productive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

While it did take a while to get through the office paperwork trail to get our house plans and processes complete to arrive at slab stage our overall build experience was an enjoyable one. We were able to make modifications to the plan without trouble and it resulted in a home that perfectly suited us.

Our site supervisor was on the ball, sorted out problems as they arose and was good to deal with. After hand-over, like all builds, there were items that needed to be addressed and the warranty and maintenance period support team were efficient, reliable and helpful. While not all problems could be fully resolved due to third party suppliers I could not fault the team at Clarendon.

Overall our home was wonderful value for money and impossible to beat by any other spec building company. We would have built with them again if they offered custom builds on our next home.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2008

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

We were recommended by friends and family to build with Clarendon Homes. At the start we only had a limited budget so we were looking for a builder who has good reputation in Queensland. We went to a few display homes and it was a hard decision because some builders have some really fancy display homes but we knew we probably could not afford it. Then we talked the sales rep at Clarendon and they assured us that “what you see is what you get” so we signed the contract straight away. The building process was long but with not too much hassles. We received constant updates from the office and also from the site supervisor. Overall we are pretty happy with our house and would recommend Clarendon Homes to our friends.

1 of 43 pages

Hello claredon homes, We are currently waiting for our tender, when we had a first quote done with you we were under the impression our block was a h1 soil type. Now the soil tests that you have had done come back as a m class. Should we be expecting Clarendeon to significantly drop money off our site costs? will the savings be passed onto us?

Brenden asked on Nov 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Brenden. Your Clarendon Tender presenter will be able to explain slab classification, costs and inclusions in detail.

I am thinking about having my old home demolished & a new one built on the same site. The present home has solar panels (fitted when the discount for useage was brilliant. can the panels be transferred to the new build without incurring loss or penalty from the electricity supplier?

monkgoose107 asked on Nov 11, 2017

Answer this

Hi Monkgoose. This is a question you should approach your electricity supplier about. Regards, Clarendon Homes.

Can anyone tell me why Clarendon Homes refuse to give, even a rough estimate of what the cost of their homes would be including certain upgrades, floor coverings etc? I am looking for land to build Portview City 29 with Tribeca Facade in Brisbane, but can't budget for the land unless I have some idea of complete price including above, driveway, fencing etc. I have asked to base estimate on land with max 500 fall, bamboo flooring throughout, But No will not help with budget at all??? Was told to find land first then they will estimate. problem with that is I can't find the land if I don't know how much the house will cost. Maybe I just move on.

Neil asked on Oct 24, 2017

Answer this

Hi Neil - We are sorry to hear you haven't been able to obtain the information you require. Please contact our Head Office Sales Consultant, David, on 3387 1375. He is aware of your situation and will be able to assist you with your estimate.

Thank-you, David was very helpful explained why the previous reluctance however he gave me a "Ball-Park" estimate to allow for all extras, including floor coverings, Upgrade fittings, Ducted Air, Colorbond roof, extra footings being built where old house once was, Landscaping including Driveway, Fence letterbox etc. In other words "Turnkey" Thanks David. I can now look for land.

Because de-ending on the person different prices are given.

We are just starting, have signed contracts but are questioning something someone paid $250 for which we are being charged $1200.

Seems it can vary greatly

See all 77 questions about Clarendon Homes