Dream Home built too perfection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

From admin to our supervisor [name removed] nothing was an issue we were treated respectfully ..Had a great build with Clarendon homes and will definitely build with them again Five stars..We were updated weekly as too the progress of our home and had absolutely no issues whatsoever..Even during the selection of our home at the display village in Parklea we were able too let the kids run free in the play centre which was a big bonus to us

Memorable building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

I have recently built my family home with Clarendon. We are glad we went with them. From the sales rep to the customer service representative and our site manager, we had an excellent experience.
The site manager (name removed) was very thorough and he ensured that the house was completed in a timely manner. His attention to detail is reflective in the good workmanship throughout our house.
He was responsive to our queries and we were kept well informed. The site inspections were fantastic and he was very patient and took the time to explain things to us. [name removed] is a very friendly and knowledgeable individual and we are very satisfied with the great supervision he undertook for our house. The handover was excellent and he patiently went through all the relevant details with us.
I would highly recommend using Clarendon and would like to take this opportunity to thank the relevant Clarendon staff for making our building experience memorable.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Pre construction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

The sales rep was excellent she went out of her way to help me to solve some issues, and the customer service consultant was good kept me informed the development on paperwork regularly but some delays from their business partners have made the the process very lengthy, We are now moved in to construction stage waiting for the construction team to respond.

• 1 review

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Acoustic insulation materials installed incorrect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Clarendon has installed my acoustic batts insulation to the wall using bradford R1.7 60mm instead of R2.0 70mm. Prior to installation Clarendon confirmed in writing they will use R2.0 70mm but after they have installed it, they only use R1.7 60mm. I question this why it’s different. Clarendon acknowledged they made an error but no intention of changing it or replacing it as they said it is still suitable to use. I am currently disputing this but Clarendon advise me no rectification will be done. I am super disappointed. It only shows how Clarendon make money by substituting less quality product and do not comply in the specification they themselves advise me this is the product they will use. I am disputing it at the moment and seek final action from Clarendon if they will changed this or not. I will seek assistance from QBCC regarding this. The house is currently under construction.

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Rey. We are very sorry to hear that you have a concern with the insulation in your home. Would you be kind enough to forward us your contact details so we can have the manager look into this f... read more »

email rey.lorenzana@gmail.com
mobile number removed]

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Site Supervisor Experience- Construction stage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I have very good experience with my site supervisor . Very Friendly and experienced SS for my home design Boston 34. I have choose design of my house as per Display home in Marsden Park . Even though few mistakes by drafting team he has fixed those error upon my request within few days at construction stage. Nice experience with walking tour with him and he had explained everything in detail from construction point of view.
He is also communicating me on a weekly basis all updates for home progress.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Madison 39

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Our build has just started and to date we have had no concerns with the process to date. The Clarendon Staff, from sales to colour selection and Customer service consultant have been friendly and very helpful during the process. Looking forward to seeing the whole house completed and moving in to our new home towards the end of the year.

Loving our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

We were very happy building our new home with Clarendon, we did a lot of back-and-forth during the sales period to ensure we would have everything the way we wanted, having been previously advised that after-sales changes are a lot harder (and more expensive!) to get through. Our sales rep was very patient and always easy to get hold of. The build went smoothly, took a little longer to build than other similar-sized houses in our area but we were ok with that as we had also been informed by previous Clarendon customers that this was due to a better quality of build. Quality of the house is good, some small issues but the team has been great in helping to rectify those quickly and with as little fuss as possible.
The best part of our experience was our build manager's communication and service, we were always kept up to date and no request was too much trouble, including managing site visits etc.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Very happy with the final result of our build, everything was finished on time & to a great standard of build. Our site supervisor kept us up to date every step of the way & made sure the build was a good experience. Nothing was too much trouble & any requests were promptly dealt with, very easy to deal with.

Wollongong

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Severely Disappointed with pre-build

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

We are going through pre-build stages at the moment and are pretty disappointed with Clarendon.

- We were told at sales stage we could book colours etc into weekends, however this is not the case. You also have to book two extra appointments outside of colours (additional 3 hours each) for Bricks and Tiles which has to also be done Monday to Friday. So up to 4 days total. Very inconvenient for us to get the leave required. We were also lied to about this multiple times.
- Clarendon went ahead and ordered our Landscape plan which was required by lendlease. It was drafted in it's entirety down to the specifics of plant types and colours without consulting us AT ALL. We were told we had 1 night to review it because they were submitting it in the morning. Naturally we jumped up and down at this. We should be able to choose our own plants etc? Clarendon didn't care and just steam rolled on. We thought maybe they'd at least give us a studio voucher to say sorry but they decided not to acknowledge it and just move on.
- A few other lies told as well which has severely stuffed us around as well as zero communication between the sales office and after sales which is frustrating as a consumer to deal with.

We were really hoping that Clarendon would try to make this as smooth as possible but we have been pressured and rushed into every stage so far. Everything has been 'urgent' and when we try to explain it will take time to organise appointments due to work commitments, we get rude and arrogant responses and staff hanging up on us. Disappointing since our land isn't even registered until later this year!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Phoenix. We are very sorry to hear that you have been issues at the pre-build stage. Would you mind emailing us your contact details so that we can have the relevant manager look into this for... read more »

I already did this and you didn't respond.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Pleasant journey with Clarendon Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

We got to know Clarendon from several friend's recommendation. The most important things they told us are the house quality and after sales service. After completion of our house, we verify all of them are true.

Our journey began with a calm and mature sales person who patiently spent every minute with my family exploring all options. He helped answer most of our doubts. He is the one of factors which we made decision to leave another builder and stay with Clarendon home. After we signed the contract, The other appointments, electricity/Tile/internal colouring/carpet/ staircase, all went well with professional assistance.

On the day signing the contract, we could also feel Clarendon is very much into details and professional service. We never felt a single sign of rush or impatience.

Our site managers are excellent (especially the first and the last). We got updates every Friday. The progress had been smooth and under control. They were also reachable by phone or appointment to explain things which we do not have a clue. This helped remove confusions and worries.

After sales service is definitely exceeding expectation. There were a couple of small issues. As soon as they are lodged with Clarendon, we could get attention and issue could be addressed immediately with professional service. Even the technicians on-site are super friendly. I hope Clarendon can keep up on this. None of the builders can build a house without flaws, proactively taking responsibility and fixing it do help a company building a supreme reputation.

We are happy with the house design, finishing and service we received from Clarendon.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

ALERT!!! Clarendon's supplier sucks ! and Clarendon doesnt care at all ! Do not build with them !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

We are in the stage of selecting materials for construction. All of the suppliers were very professional except TILE DIRECT. This company is a complete MESS. I have had reflected this problem to Clarendon many times however no one attempts to contact me regarding this issue. Clarendon just didnt care about the service quality of their suppliers. What a disappointment !

After attending the selection appointment, the sales representative of tile direct [name removed] sent us the selection quotation. It was full of mistakes , completely different from what I have chosen in the selection appointment. I was very patient to send her amendments and guide her through. 4 weeks later, She sent us a completely same quotation (the very first one she sent me which is full of mistakes)!! Is she kidding me ?
TERRIBLE SERVICE STANDARD ! [name removed] has absolutely no idea what she is doing ! After few times of amendment, nothing is solved and the quotation is still full of mistakes !

I reflected the problem to Clarendon, no one was able to help me !
Finally, I contacted the manager of [name removed] and hope that she would be able to help me . Her manager [name removed] WAS VERY RUDE and NOT HELPFUL at all. She didnt feel sorry about the mistakes made by her employees at all , but in turn blaming the customers. Tile Direct has serious management issue.

I have tried to express my disappointment and anger to Clarendon, HOWEVER, NO ONE tries to help me ! I tried to contact my Customer Service Consultant [name removed] about this issues and would want her to resolve this, however her reply "If you are finding that tile directs’ service unsatisfactory you can discus with their General Manager" .....Clarendon just wouldnt care at all !

Completely disappointed with both Tile Direct and Clarendon !

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi SaSa. We are very sorry to hear that you have been having issues with Tile Direct. So that we can look into this matter immediately for you could you email us your contact details to productreview@clarendon.com.au

The planning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

We have just been signed over to construction. The customer service to date has been excellent. Clarendon are willing to go out of their way to be helpful and are very flexible. Our consultant, [name removed], has been great to work with.
This week we have had a phone call from, and a meeting with, [name removed] who will be overseeing our building. Already he has been happy to go over things and be helpful.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Excellent Customer Service Consultant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

We are thrilled to have now reached the construction stage on our journey to a new Clarendon home. While we experienced a few hiccups with the planning and approval stages, our new customer service consultant has been brilliant in addressing all our concerns and taking us through to the next phase. [name removed] has been both professional and efficient and has delivered the level of service we expected from a premium builder such as Clarendon. We are now looking forward to the build!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2015

Amazing building experience and after sales service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

We did a knock down - rebuild with Clarendon Homes in Brisbane and our build was finished in September 2015. The whole process was fantastic. There were small hiccups along the way (which happens in every build) and Clarendon went above and beyond to fix every little issue to ensure I was 100% happy with my new home. I've been amazed over the last few months, as we have had a few small issues that I have had to contact Clarendon about and the after sales service has been amazing by the Warranty Administrator, even now over 2 years after completion. I have built twice before with Hallmark and the process with Clarendon was miles above anything we have experienced previously. Better communication, better problem solving and much more helpful staff members. The office staff are so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, a pleasure to deal with. We love our home so much I doubt we will ever move again but if we do, it would be to build with Clarendon again without hesitation. I am a wheelchair user and our house was heavily modified to suit my accessibility needs and nothing was too much trouble.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Waiting for my dream home to be built by Clarendon homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

We were with different builders at the beginning and had our DA approved with the same builder! But we were not happy with them at all! So we decided to change the realiable builder and were tossing between Metricon and Clarendon!
After meeting [name removed] in parklea, we decided to go with Clarendon! [name removed] had been really great, he is very confident and knowledgeable. He helped us to do some modifications on the floor plan, which we couldn’t think of doing it without his help! He has lots of great ideas to offer! I can’t thank enough to [name removed], when I rang him in his days off( wasn’t aware), he helped us without hesitation with our queries!

Had a few hiccups with council but [name removed] handled it very well! She is a great consultant, was very quick to respond!
We think that we made a good decision by choosing Clarendon over any builders in NSW

I can’t wait for the constructions to start!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Building with Clarendon

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

The quality was acceptable for a project home. The painting is probably the most disappointing as the painter painted over many patches without going over the whole wall/ceiling. Otherwise its a good, honest product that we are happy to call home.
The Site Supervisor was very professional and responsive within the constraints of his role.
Post Settlement Customer Care has been exemplary. I would like to comment [name removed] on her customer service delivery.

Delivered a wonderful home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Very happy with nearly all aspects of our new Clarendon home. Our site supervisor [name removed], and customer service consultant [name removed] were outstanding. Both were very knowledgeable in their roles and replied to our many questions quickly and efficiently. [name removed] went above and beyond for us, helping to sort out a few issues we were having with our plans. [name removed] has an eye for details, and takes a lot of pride in the product that he eventually hands over. When issues came up, as they will with any build, he was quick to sort it and put it right. The quality of the finished product is very good. Any little issues have been sorted out quickly and without fuss.

Would build with them again!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Absolute 5 star experience!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

We feel so lucky to build with Clarendon Homes, we are very satisfied of their services and staff. They are very helpful, very professional and very friendly. I would like to give special thanks to [name removed] at the sales centre, and our Customer Services Consultants [name removed] and [name removed] for their hard work and support. Any questions I had were answered promptly, no effort is too much for them.
I definitely recommend Clarendon Homes!!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Building with Clarendon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Our project has just been released to construction phase and our Customer Service Consultant, [name removed], has been very helpful and reassuring of the process. We were regularly kept up to date via email with the progress of our project through Lifestyle selections, CDC approval and any other outstanding items that needed our attention. Her correspondence was always very polite and thorough and we felt assured that any issues that we raised with her would be resolved in a timely manner.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Third Clarendon build, Great Quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

This was our 3rd Clarendon Homes Build in Queensland, the consultant at Coomera made the initial process very smooth getting all of the finer details organised and the customer service was also very good once we started approvals and selections, This build was in the Pimpama area on the Gold Coast and the supervisor was very switched on and his attention to detail was excellent , I was updated regularly and was also sent photos as each stage was completed, nothing was too much trouble for him, the build was like clockwork which really put our minds at ease. Great Work Clarendon!

1 of 48 pages