Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Our IOC hasn’t been finalised 4 months after handover.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Our build was great until handover.
At handover our building supervisor advised us that our Interim Occupancy Certificate IOC was organised and that it would be delivered the next day as he didn’t have it with him at handover. We made contact with the supervisor following handover to follow up with no reply. It is now 4 months since handover and we are yet to receive our IOC.
We have continuously tried to call and email our customer service representative we were provided and have had no luck in receiving. To add to this, our customer representative has changed 3 times since we first raised this issue, plus requested to speak with the manager numerous times to which we still haven’t been contacted by. We were advised by all Customer representatives that it would be looked into and organised immediately and yet It is now 4 months since our first communication on this issue and it still has not been resolved.
We have now been forced to contact NSW fair trading to rectify the issue.

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

We are truly satisfied with the service and support that we received from Clarendon. All our of our concerns and requests were given appropriate attention. [name removed], [name removed] and the rests of the team offered great help and support. With regards to the workmanship and quality of our property, it is impressive! We would highly recommend Clarendon to our family and friends.

Awesome Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

[name removed] You are Fantaboulous.

I have started my Journey with Clarendon from May 2017 and have been allocated [name removed] as my Site manager. He so professional & hard working manager. He updated me about the progress of the work every week which is most important while construction.

He is clear about the work what he was suppose to do and gone above and beyond to complete the task.

I am very much happy with the build and loved my house how it has been handed over to me.

Initially there was a bit of lag to get the appointment for Tender, contract and color studio meeting but when they hit my land for construction everything was perfect.

Highly recommend Clarendon to my Family and Friends.

Big hand of applause to Clarendon and especially [name removed] (Love your work).

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Solid home built in good time frame

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

At the time of our build, Clarendon had a stack of houses being constructed all at the same time (and heard that they were just getting busier which concerned us if they had enough staff to support the growth). We knew that [name removed] our supervisor might have be stretched, however, he always tried to make himself available. When there were concerns, he dealt with them quickly & efficiently and we appreciated his expertise and guidance throughout the build process. We have built before with other project builders and unfortunately i must admit, the admin process this time around was less than impressive and fairly inconsultative, which truly let them down. Otherwise it would of been 5 stars. [name removed] you were great and we felt lucky that we had you to supervise the build as you made this whole experience a lot more enjoyable. Thanks!

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Fantastic experience from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

This was our first build and the whole process was as smooth as could be expected. There were some hiccups along the way, nothing is ever going to be 100% smooth sailing, but everything was rectified and we were suitably kept updated on progress.
All staff that we dealt with were courteous and knew their stuff. They made us feel valued as customers and perfectly at ease from start to finish.
The gentleman helping with contracts and wall placements/movements had helpful suggestions at every point.
The office support staff were quick to respond to questions, and our site manager, while being laid back (a good thing), was on top of what was happening during the build process and updated us weekly.
After handover he was also quick to organise rectification on a minor leaky pipe in one of the bathroom vanities.
The whole family are really enjoying living in our brand new home, and apart from having to unpack, it is so relaxing being in a finished house.
We have absolutely no complaints about the workmanship and would certainly recommend anyone to build with Clarendon.

Good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Now that we're moved in, I would say our build with Clarendon was good. They have a pretty structured sales and build process, and in the end we got a few extras thrown in at no cost. The all inclusive landscaping was impressive and even when they messed up some of the drainage, they fixed it in a reasonable amount of time
My 4 star (as opposed to 5) review comes from the general lack of continuity and communication during our build given the high turnover of Site Supervisors (we had a total of 4) and Customer Service Consultants (total of 3) over the course of 9 months. I think is due to the high demand of NSW housing resulting in staff burnout...a factor that is hard to control but nonetheless affected our build experience.

Toward the end of our build, we got a good site supervisor and a great CSC ([name removed]). If we had these staff during our entire build, I am sure I would rate them 5 stars.

A very big thanks to the Clarendon homes team. Job no 29911936

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

A very big thanks to the Clarendon homes team.

Well done Clarendon! We are so proud of your job.

On the very first day we stepped in to Clarendon display homes in Parklea our customer service staff [name removed] impressed us with his fantastic explanation. This was our first house to build. From scratch he explained each and everything clearly and gave us the right advise which made us step in to the building journey with Clarendon in 2016 December.

Then we had to meet [name removed] for the Tender appointment where he too did a great job. Then [name removed] for the Contract appointment and Clare as the CSC. They were ok with their part.

At this stage even though [name removed] didn't take any role in our building journey he was so helpful with explaining our contract and much more. He didn't work for his salary. To be honest he did more than what we expected. Hope Clarendon will be proud of him. He might have forgotten us but we haven't.

Down the track we got our Color studio appointment in June 2017. This lady was not at all helpful to us. She was rushing and even didn't give us proper explanation in certain areas. As it was our first home we didn't have any experience. Our questions were not answered in a proper manner which made us a bit disappointed.

Then came our 2nd CSC [name removed] who was 100% perfect in her job. Her prompt reply to the emails or any quarries was so impressive. She was a wonderful lady who helped us in many ways and made us 100% satisfied.

We had our electrical appointment next with [name removed]. She is so brave and she knows her job. She was a fantastic lady who helped us in our electrical selection.

Then comes our charming supervisor [name removed]. He is a wonderful person who gives us a very good weekly update. He was so accurate with dates and the jobs going on. He even work as a laborer if needed. He played the main role in our building journey which was impressive.

The metal roof guy ( just forgot the name) was so perfect in his job. He did an excellent job.

The shelving guy [name removed] was also very good and he too did a great job which impressed us.

Garage door, Kitchen and the splash back all were very professional.

When it comes up to the internal painting we aren't happy with their work. There was so much defect. Clearly was not three coats of paints as we were able to observe patches of uneven painting, bubbles, and dripping which can be seen from multiple rooms on both levels.

Painting quality and workmanship is poor, that it is evident they don't have the skills or maybe even the qualification. They came around 6 times to fix but didn't do a great job.

Once the big boss of the painters came along with the supervisor so we were there showing him the defects. He didn't accept it he shook his head and insulted us. Still there are many dripping paint in many corners. If any one can come and have a look will be grateful. We are so disappointed with the painters.

Next is the cleaners . Early part of construction and in between cleaning was good. The final cleaning was not satisfied. They did the final cleaning in 1 hour with 3 people. The cleaners were so horrible with their job. There were grout and dirt in the bathroom which I have to clean after they left. They didn't clean the sliding door tracks or the window tracks which was full of sand and dust. Window and door glasses were not cleaned thoroughly. Outside the house the rubbish was cleaned well but the lawn wasn't. There were lots of thorny weeds growing around and wasn't mowed. We are not at all satisfied with the final cleaners.

I do appreciate the quality of the materials which has been used. They are extremely high quality and it's worth for more than the money we payed.

Even we had problem with the painters and cleaners we would like to give a 5 star rating as we know your team has done a better job comparing to other builders. We would recommend Clarendon homes to our family and friends. Anyone can't beat Clarendon's job.

Good luck to Clarendon team!

Thanking You

Kind Regards

VasanBala

BOX HILL, NSW

• 1 helpful vote

Our first build experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

We found our first build experience very positive with Clarendon. The professionalism and quality was second to none. Each appointment we were guided by friendly consultants and made our experience stress free. Any question we had with our CSC was responded to promptly and if they didn’t know the answer would reply saying they would find out and get back to us. We couldn’t be happier with the end result of our home, we found the handover process very thorough and was given the significance we expected. [name removed] who was our Site Supervisor was fantastic and found him to be very thorough and took his role very seriously getting the job done. We would 100% build with Clarendon again, we love our new home!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

We were very pleased with the high level of service provided by the team at Clarendon.

[name removed] responded to all queries quickly and was very accommodating and helpful.

Our site supervisor, [name removed] did a fantastic job of managing the build of our new home. He was very proactive in managing the trades and provided regular updates on the progress of the build.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Couldn't imagine building with anyone else!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

This is my first time building and I was skeptical with all the horror stories I've heard. Right from the start I have been pleasantly surprised, the salesman was helpful and offered all possible discounts and advised me on how to retain possible discounts. Pre construction has also been a breeze, they are well organised and communicate very well and the only surprise I have had is the contract price has come down $17,500 due to unrequired provisions. I am about to start construction where others I know are only in the process of applying for certificates with other builders, putting them weeks behind my progress. Clarendon were a little more expensive than other builders and worth every penny of it, if the build quality matches the service I've received then it has been a perfect experience. Thanks Clarendon!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Halfway waiting for the house to finish

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Our journey with Clarendon starred in April 2017,that’s when we selected Sheridan 36 design from a very pleasant and lovely lady in Willodale displays centre, following that, in May we signed the contract. While we were waiting for our land to register we went through the colour selection and other internet/ external selection it took us to mid August to complete this process. By in large our experience during this period was good, various changes and selections added over 100k to our original contract. What we found was post contract there was not any flexibility shown if you wanted to tweak anything unless you pay a fee of $1500, even though we didn’t have the final construction drawing at this stage, not matter how hard we try the answer was no. However we moved on our land got registered late October and there after Clarendon quickly organisers the cdc and work started mid Nov 2017 the slab was put in dec prior to Xmas and in late Jan 2018 it was given to a different supervisor and a different customer service consultant. Now we are into six months post slab and external work is still not complete (actual contract period is 42 weeks). The weather this year has been perfect with minimal disruption due to rain. I found that Clarendon instead of taking advantage of this a good weather and pushing on the work been taking it very slow ( not sure if others had the same experience or it’s only us). My concern is if they can finish on time. As I am writing this review The work has stopped because my Nieghbours who strated after me [name removed] finish d or finishing their project and I had to do some work to level my backyard before they put their fence and I was advised while I am working in the the backyard Clarendon people cannot be on site one again I found this inflexibility very frustrating and disappointing, but I had to do the work otherwise I had do this after Clarendon finished their work in August (???? Maybe ????) with limited access to my backyard and additional unnecessary cost. However I have done what I feel is right for (after all it’s my home and project )

By the way I chose Clarendon after reading the reviews from this site and other, I am happy with my choice of design and work so far but reserve my final judgment until the home is finished.

There are more to say but I’ll leave them for the next review I’ll put my complete unbiased view for all to see.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Job Number 29912889.This is our 3rd home with Clarendons! That speaks for itself !!! They are commit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

The first two homes were built to perfection. This house is at the slab stage but so far we have been very satisfied with their efficiency and commitment.We are hoping construction will be over by the beginning of next year. We have been very satisfied with Clarendons ,so much so that this is our 3rd home with them. Their attention to detail is phenomenal!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

29912151 - Fantastic service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

From the beginning right to pre construction, we were provided with information in a timely manner. [name removed] was of great help with the contract tender and plans. With our lack of experience he guided us in the right direction and we were allowed to make changes. [name removed], our CSC was also very helpful. She provided very detailed information. Thank you to all for your continuous support and help. Looking forward to the construction of our house.

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Amy,

We wish you all the very best with your build.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Very helpful and flexible, and each step was well informed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

The customer service and support were so great - helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, timely and particularly flexible for the design modification to suit the land and the requirements. In the whole process, from sales to the start of construction, each step and cost were well informed and explained. All people involved in the process were friendly and supportive. The experience so far gives me the confidence for the construction, which is about to start soon.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

Happy to provide reference for customer service personnel at Clarendon Homes. Especially [name removed] and [name removed] - both exceptionally helpful during the whole pre - construction process. For someone who is building for the first time - their guidance, suggestions and timely feedback made the whole process very smooth and enjoyable. THANK YOU so much again for all your support guys!

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Jiri, Thank You for your 5 star review.

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Wonderful Experience so far.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Very disappointed that our pre-construction CSC could not be with us for our entire journey. I am also confused as to why this organisation does performance appraisals through this website and that the performance of employees is laid bare for all the world to see. As an HR professional I hope that large organisations like Clarendon have more robust processes in place to manage the performance of their staff. Overall our CSC CM was 10 stars out of 5. Her ability to dumb things down to layman's terms for first-time home builders was second to none. Thanks for everything [name removed].

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Azza, Thank You for your 5 star review. So that we may recognise the team members involved, could you reply with name and contact details so we can follow this through. We wish you all the very best with your build.

Clare Maxwell

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Customer experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Appreciate [name removed]'s support so far up until sending the files to construction in an efficient and attractive manner, Felt best customer care skills from her, even when difficult situations to deal with. Even no answers for telephone calls, every time she called me back depending upon the massages or e mails. Very good coordination and explaining ability created easy processing

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Such a poorly build house can't even call it a home - Poor execution on all fronts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

From good to worse- to unbelievable. That is the experience of building with Clarendon Homes in a nutshell. It was such a disappointing journey for us, (and will continue to be) as we were so excited to finally build a home as a family.

We have written this review and taken the time to properly inspect the property.

After multiple unsatisfactory walk through and the handover over 2 ½ months delay in our construction end date, we hesitantly accepted on the 30 th April 2018. The overall quality, finish and issues with the house is simply unacceptable, and we have addressed poor workmanship and other issues during walk-through and handover, via emails, (SM)s, calls etc. Check out some of the issues we documented here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/140451276@N04/albums

In this review we will list some of issues we had per-handover and post-handover.

Pre handover:
1. Advised during walkthorough and handover of the poor workmanship and painting (especially internally)

Example: 1

Example: 2

Example 3:

2. Painting does not reflect three coats of paint as per contract

3. (SM) phone is always ringing (takes call while you are with them) and you will never have an uninterrupted time with them, and the issues you were discussing is forgotten. If you reiterate the issue the response is always the same “easy fix” “I'll follow it up” “it's the standard”

4. Issues that were advised during walk through, to be completed prior to handover. Promised and Customer Service Consultant (CSC) stated via email on the 29/03/18“ I can also confirm that all of the items pending that you had discussed with Site Manager (SM) during your walk through will be rectified prior to handover of your home” For example dangerously exposed and protruding nails next to the stairs was advised during walk-through both to the (CSC) and (SM). Post -handover and the issues are not rectified

5. Cornice issue – no notification that cornices will no longer be installed in our bathrooms and not abiding to contract. After weeks of emails and consistent phone calls to Clarendon and our (SM) about the issue, Clarendon stated “Clarendon is thinking from a functional and structural point of view whereby there will likely be issues post-handover”.

6. Insufficient bricks ordered and due to this mistake by the (SM), we had to; 1) compromise with the use of common bricks in order for the completion of the house not to be delayed a further two weeks (advised by (SM)), this had no impact on completion date as it was still delayed by 2 ½ months. 2) Observed a miss-match in the overall aesthetic design of the desired upgraded bricks we had specifically desired on our dream house

7. Weeks without construction (no rain or public holiday) prolonging construction time frame. We visited the house every day as we rented a property that is only a 1-minute drive away

We understand that minor omissions are expected after the handover, however, we were not prepared for the list of issues that we have submitted to our (CSC) and (SM) to this day, has not been responded too.

Post Handover Issues with Communication:

Lengthy unanswered emails from our assigned (CSC) with a total of 3 emails still not acknowledged/replied.
(SM) difficult to contact, extremely tardy responses to voicemails, (SM)S calls and email.
(SM) is vague on how to provide a clear solution on numerous issues, assuring problems/issues are “easy fix” with complete absence of executing the “solutions” he had proposed and promised.
(SM) is either incoherent on replying directly to the person that is in communication. This is evident on numerous occasions as it would be diverted to another member of the family of their choosing.
Multiple attempts via email have been made to redirect our post-handover issues to a person/s that can effectively assist us. However, NO response has been received from either (CSC) or (SM).

Post hand over issues with the house and granny flat :
Garage leak due to holes in pipes – the plumber assessed the reason for the leak and stated it was “rushed job” and “site manager should have checked”. An email was sent to (CSC) on the 19/05/18, to advice of the issue and request that “gyprock replaced and not patched up, as this was not our mistake”. No response to date.

Gyprock was installed and painted with one coat (this was only done after contacting the (SM) visible mark of where the gyprock was cut.
They reused the previous wet insulation and cut out (at least 150mm ) of the insulation to fit the new gyprock. There is a more noticeable drainage movement from the en-suite drainage and has occurred only post-repair. New Insulation needs to be re-installed correctly to ensure no loss of thermal insulation and other issues such as mold, (SM)ell etc. as advised on the standard practice of insulation work.

Consistently have to organise someone to be home to cater for the issues and/or cancellation of tradies to carry out work. For example, when we noticed the granny flat did not have hot water or gas, it took 4 days of visits to identify and rectify the problem. Or having to reschedule two visits from external companies such as Optus internet – due to Clarendon installing the conduit at a unsafe distance.

Painting quality and workmanship is poor, that it is evident the painters don't care, don't have the skills or maybe even the qualification. Backed by an (SM) who clearly finds poor workmanship acceptable is daunting.

Painting – clearly was not three coats of paints as you can observe patches of uneven painting, bubbles, and long cracks can be seen from multiple rooms on both levels.
Example 1:

Example 2: https://www.flickr.com/photos/140451276@N04/27689319987/in/album-72157694460530072/

Management of contractors hired in all areas is clear and evidently absent as any experienced and licensed builder would not deem the execution of work to be anywhere near satisfactory upon inspecting the finished product. From the grouting of tiles and the use of sealant, excess debris from all sorts of material can still be seen all around the house meters away. This ultimately may not be due to the (SM), but the selection of hiring certain contractors is obvious to see and document that sub-par workers were hired (most likely to cut costs).
Grouting - the poor grouting is even more visible at night. As aforementioned in the paragraph above, the most common problem found in the house is the tiling and in particular the quality of grouting.
Garage “repair” was completed post-handover to reseal cracks, dents, and defects. Upon later inspection, the contractor that was hired by the (SM) had clearly just patched up the floor with a thin layer of epoxy and stated: “that was all I was told to do”. The majority of defects can still be seen and now more than ever as we have painted the floor, while advised by the contractor that it is perfect and ready to paint. The garage should have been completed week commencing 13th OF May, was not done until constant follow up completed on the 23rd May.

Advice and/or what we learned:
Read the Fair Trading NSW Guide to Standards and Tolerances (keep a copy) this will be your guide if you are building in NSW. Here is the link http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/biz_res/ftweb/pdfs/Tenants_and_home_owners/NSW_Guide_to_Standards_and_Tolerances.pdf

Before signing anything, for example, colour studio documents, read and double check. When you are at the colour studio, you will be presented with a lot of items, make sure you take the time to check before signing on that dotted line.
You will be dealing with external companies such as tiling – make sure (try) to ensure what you want is clearly noted (as we had issues with Clarendon and Tiles Direct with our tiling requirements. After weeks of battle – we finally got in contact with the manager at Tile Direct who helped us with our issue, even though our (CSC) kept stating there was nothing they could do.

Overall, we would never build nor encourage anyone to build with Clarendon. The supervision and management of the house shows us
little to no care about the execution of work, and communication with both (SM) and (CSC). As a well renowned and experienced home builder, Clarendon should know the difference between good and unsatisfactory work. Majority of the work should've been inspected upon completion to avoid this problem, and prompt communication via simple email could have made our experience dealing with Clarendon a little less stressful. It is clear to see no care/pride of work was present. Very disappointed! Bottom line, as a family we simply want all these issues rectified- we are running out of patience having to go through this ordeal, and communication from Clarendon Homes is not improving. Disappointing would be an understatement.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi,

We are vey sorry to hear of your experience with us to date, would you mind supplying your contact and job details to productreview@clarendon.com.au so that we look into this for you immediately and rectify your concerns?

Construction journal with Clarendon homes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

We are happy with the construction. From the beginning to the end we have been informed what is happening and the progress of the construction. Our project Manager [name removed] was extremely helpful. She always responded to our concern in a timely manner and also with Professionalism. Our site Supervisor was [name removed] who was also cooperative. We had few issue with our building. However with the help of [name removed] we eventually resolved most of the issues. I will surely recommend our friends and relatives about our journey with Clarendon. If in future we built another house we will 1st contact Clarendon. There inclusions and workmanship is very good and competitive.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Great to deal with Clarendon-Smooth process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

I would highly recommend Clarendon for the first home buyers. From start to the end Clarendon looks after us well.
My customer service assistance always welcoming and very helpful, she is very responsive and coordinate the matters efficiently.
My Site supervisor is very professional person and picks up all the defects and taking actions to correct them promptly. Big thanks goes to whole Clarendon Team.

1 of 54 pages