Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2015

What a well built home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

The workmanship and build quality was at a very high standard

The build was very well managed and Michael Muller who was the project manager for my home always kept me informed at every stage of the build, he also answered all my questions and believe me there were a lot of questions he was very patient with me.

Customer service and support from head office was also very good but 9 times out of 10 [name removed] was able to help me.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

We are very happy with our choice to go with Clarendon as our builders. Our building supervisor, [name removed] kept the channels of communication open, always updating us on the progress. Any concerns we had were promptly dealt with. As first-time home owners, the experience was a bit over whelming at times. However, having a very professional and friendly supervisor like [name removed] made things easier for us. He is friendly, patient and professional. He returned calls promptly and kept us informed. Some of our friends have shared their building experiences with other builders and we have noticed the difference in the way Clarendon do their projects. We highly recommend Clarendon to anybody who is looking for a beautiful house with no compromise on quality.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Excellent Construction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Long story short: The quality of the house and my site supervisor made me overlook all the administrative stresses. If I had to do it again? Only if I got the same construction team led by [name removed].

Sales: [name removed] from Ex Springfield Lakes Display. He was our favourite salesman out of all the companies, he was friendly and down to earth - at no point did it feel like a sales pitch. And this is one of the main reasons we chose Clarendon to begin with.

Admin Part:
There are plenty of horror stories of building a new house, and I feel lucky to say that there wasn't any of that with Clarendon. Yes things did take ages and information could have been relayed better. There were some minor mix ups but nothing disastrous.

Construction:
After signing the contract and the various other paperwork required to get to building - I was pretty weary, but that quickly changed. Our site supervisor [name removed] contacted me when he was started and I could call his personal number. I really didn't have to use it much though, Things went quickly and the quality of the work was outstanding. As a layperson I do not know anything about construction, but I know perfect brickwork and tiling when I see it. Everything else, cabinetry, fitment of the plaster all looked fantastic and I can find no fault.

Anything I didn't understand was answered clearly by [name removed], and I have to thank him for the very very early mornings to inspect the house. I understand he lives on the opposite side of town, and I doubt the sun was even up when he begins driving. I never felt that I was being an inconvenience by contacting [name removed], and he inspired confidence that I otherwise did not have during this process. Thanks [name removed], we love our home thanks to you and your team.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Our first home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

This was our first house build and Clarendon Homes were very professional and helpful. We had a seamless process from start to finish. Our supervisor had us well informed at every stage of the build and very was easy to work with when we had small changes or additions. Workmanship was quick and to a good standard. Clarendon Homes were excellent to work with and would recommend if you are looking for a neat and tidy builder.

Good experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

This is our first build. We chose Clarendon since they provided us with a cost effective solution. Our Supervisor was exceptional. He was very accommodating and open to us making minor changes through the build process. We did not have a good experience with the tile selection and Electrical appointment though. I don't think they knew what they were doing. Beaumont incorrectly over quoted changes we made (thanks to my diligent wife, we discovered the error). The Electrical consultant was not able to provide us with any technical assistance (Being first home owners; we tend to rely on the "experts" for guidance). This was not the case with here.
The Color consultant at Clarendon was awesome.
Overall, I would give Clarendon staff 5 stars and their suppliers would get 2 stars.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Excellent customer service during the design, selection and council approval process. First class communication, prompt responses to any queries and our consultant [name removed], made the whole process very easy. We pushed to get things moving quickly and Clarendon were able to accommodate our every request and also provided some invaluable advice and guidance. We would certainly recommend Clarendon and will definitely be using them again!

Excellent Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

We are very happy with the workmanship and the build quality. Our beautiful home is completed well within the time frame. We're very excited about our handover this Thursday. The whole process was flawless from start to finish. We were very fortunate to have [name removed] as our site manager for the construction of our home. After meeting [name removed] for the first time on site, we were at ease and felt very comfortable knowing that [name removed] will be the person managing the construction of our home from start to finish. [name removed] talked us well through all the stages and invited us for regular site visits. [name removed] was always happy to answer all of our questions we had for him. Trust me, we had quite a few of them. Lastly, [name removed] is a very kind, caring, professional, approachable person. Very easy to talk to, goes out of his way to help us. I would highly recommend [name removed] to anyone who is considering to be building with Clarendon Homes. He is a great site manager, I just want to Thank You [name removed] from the bottom of my heart for helping me build my wife's dream home. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible. Keep up the great work. I would give [name removed] a 10/10.

Good experience with Clarendon

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Quality and workmanship of the house built by Clarendon was generally good. The double storey house was completed by November 2017 in about 6 months duration as planned. We had a very good site manager (MM) who was easy to get along with, communicated and updated me frequently on matters and kept the built to timeline suggested. The other thing that make us chose Clarendon was because of the very good Sales person (JS) from Rochedale office.He is very helpful and patience with every query that we asked him.
However, my only comment to Clarendon Homes is to have a better customer service from the office during the built time. The admin person from the office whose been assigned to help us was not very helpful and once we escalated the email to the regional manager to get some attention.
Overall the process with building with Clarendon Homes was good with an overall score of 4 out of 5.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

First journey with Clarendon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

We decided to build our first home with Clarendon after our friend's suggestion. It was all good except that the communication wasn't up to the level we expected. House looks good but not 100% happy with few jobs like paint. We were told by our supervisor that Clarendon will fix any minor issued that pop in the house after 6 months. We are happy with overall construction journey except the lady we had in electrical appointment. She wasn't able to suggest professional advice where we needed.

April 18th 2018 Update: First home with Clarendon

Home was handed on time. We were expecting more communication during the construction. Quality of work is good except paint work. It is patchy and doesn't have neat finish. Other than that it is good. Many faults that we pointed out during final inspection or were found out by quality control officer are still not fixed. Supervisor was friendly whenever we approached him.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Best site supervisor ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Firstly, the price to build was affordable. They had they plan that ticked all the boxes for us. The site supervisor has been the main reason for our satisfaction. He has always gone above and beyond even out of his way to help us. We built with other builders before however didn't have this level of flexibility. We will build with Clarendon again :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

not accommodating the customer request and extra site costs

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Very rude tender presenter, did not want to explain the extra site cost of nearly $24000,even after choosing the + plus price and sapphire package.
Design team could not accommodate my request of placing both the rain water tank and the AC unit on LHS side of the house despite making it clear on the contract signing. Today the Ac unit has been placed and I could not believe my eyes, both could have been placed on the Left hand side of the house besides the living room and adjacent garage. This has blocked my RHS pathway of nearly 1.5 mtrs and I am not able to carry out the landscaping and not able to take wider furniture inside the house. I had put this comment on their "Your Journey@clarendonhomes' survey but of no use, particularly when they mention this in their survey "We are serious about the commitment we have made to you. Rest assured any below average feedback we receive will be followed up with you." It appears to be a formality that has to be completed.
I have taken the pains to draw the plan to show how both the Rainwater tank and the AC Unit could have been placed with ease on the LHS of the house on 9th of April 2018 after the Ac unit was installed .They claimed that not providing a 850 mm clear passage in front of the Aircon fan
Was a deterrent ,although My drawing showed that a 850 mm clear passage was also achievable ? Shouldn't someone be gracious enough to admit to their callous attitude towards the suffering that they have have incurred on us. How can I do my landscaping?

Good customer service after the contract signing. [name removed] has been excellent. Both [name removed] and [name removed] have been of great help.

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Ramesh. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Clarendon Homes. So that we may look into this further for you would you mind contacting us directly at productreview@clarendon.com... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Excellent Customer services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

Workmanship and build quality were very good. The property was completed well within the time frame. At handover, this is a defect free house. And we were assured that should there be any defects, Clarendon Homes is willing to rectify them at the 6 month rectification program. In fact later we did find some defects, and with the help of the defect rectification administrator, [name removed], all defects had been rectified. In fact, this is our second house to be built by Clarendon Homes within 2 years.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Clarendon homes - 10/10 simply the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I don't normally write reviews but here goes. This is my first build and I must say the whole process was seamless. From start to finish I was in very capable hands. There was a tremendous amount of care taken throughout the process and all of my questions were promptly responded to in time. I was very fortunate to have [name removed] as my site manager, who went above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service and a beautiful home. Shout out to [name removed] over at Rochedale estates as well, for guiding me throughout the process. 10/10 would build again.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Pre Site Process and Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

To date the process has been straight forward with minimal fuss and excellent communication. Our Sales Consultant and Customer Service Consultant have been an absolute pleasure to work with and have answered all the questions we have thrown at them. This is our first experience building a house so there have been plenty of questions but they've all been answered. As we now move to our construction stage I'm confident that everything will go smootly. So from the date we bought our block to the time we should be finished we are looking at 12 months which I think is fairly impressive.

The ideal site manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I never write reviews but had to share my experience.
After visiting every display home in Brisbane and the Gold Coast area we finally made a decision to build with Clarendon homes, for their quality and value for money inclusions.
We were fortunate to have [name removed] as our site manager for the construction.
When we first met on site I felt at ease and comfortable that this is the person who will be managing my construction from start to finish.
[name removed] communicated well through the stages of the build and invited us for regular sites visits. Each visit I had many questions and wanting to know more about the build and he was always more than happy to answer. We actually had a few issue however he was quick to find a solution and update me once it had been resolved. Even though the construction is completed. He still keeps in contact to follow up on a few items.
A few words to sum up [name removed] is professional, approachable and easy to deal with. If I was to build my next home I will be requesting for Michael as my site manager.
[name removed] thank you for your support with the construction of my home.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Non compliant wall linings installed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2018

Clarendon Homes has installed a non compliant plasterboard linings to my laundry and toilet/powder room area. House is under construction. They installed lower half of the wall on one side with compliant wall linings and the rest of the wall in laundry & toilet area installed standard wall linings similar to living room, hallway, bedroom and family room area. They said it is a standard practice but i question this saying you should comply to code compliance (such as Australian Standard, Building Code of Australia and National Construction Code (NCC)). I told them it does not meet required standards for their intended use. What Clarendon have supplied me is a letter from their installer that it meets the Australian Standard. I am currently disputing this and already ask assistance from QBCC to investigate the issue.

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Rey. We are very sorry to hear you are having a dispute. Would you mind emailing us your contact details so that we can investigate this matter further for you and ensure the matter is handled ... read more »

My number is [Details Removed]
Please contact my [Names Removed] as they are fully aware of it.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Fantastic customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

We have just been signed off to construction and are thoroughly impressed by the level of customer service from Clarendon in the pre-construction phase. The service we received from day 1 with our Sales Consultant, Tender Presenter, Contract Presenter, all the staff at the Colour Studio right through to our Customer Service Consultant who took care of us throughout the pre-construction process has been fabulous. At each stage, we have been amazed at the level of professionalism, knowledge and efficiency that all the staff have consistently shown, making what we thought would be a very daunting process very smooth sailing! Everything just works like clockwork at Clarendon. Keep it up!

Our Customer Service Consultant was brilliant, professional and extremely efficient. She was always prompt in replying to our queries and always very friendly and patient with our many silly questions! Towards the end of our pre-construction period, we were running close to our tender expiry and our Customer Service Consultant worked very hard to ensure everything was turned around extremely quickly to meet our deadline. We know she did a lot of work in the background to make it happen and can't thank her enough for it! Many thanks also to the drafting team who updated the plans so promptly to make it happen.

Thank you so much Clarendon for making our building process so stress-free and sending us to construction in a short space of 6 months. We have friends who are building with other builders who took a whole year to start building so we are very grateful for Clarendon's efficiency! We are now eagerly awaiting the most exciting next stage to begin - the construction phase!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Paddington 29 Oxford Facade Home Building Experience (Clarendon Homes) in Sunshine Coast

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Quality and workmanship of the house built by the company was generally good. The double storey house was completed by March 2017 in about 6 months duration as planned. Given the pricing of the house, which was midrange compared to other project design building companies, I thought that this represented good value.
I had a very good manager who was easy to get along with, communicated and updated me frequently on matters and kept the built to timeline suggested. It certainly helped that the weather was on our side with minimal disruptions to the project.
Customer service and support, although based in Brisbane, was good, and the company answered to emails promptly and dealt with any issues raised 6 months post completion in a timely manner. I've been in the new home for nearly a year and there has been minimal issues with electrical, plumbing and air-conditioning system for example.
Some internal built flexibility changes was provided even during the building construction. However, my only comment to Clarendon Homes was that it would have been preferable to have option available for additional external modifications post contract and built commencement, such as additional windows, as this was much easier to visualise once on the actual site during construction. Again, perhaps in retrospect the issue probably lies with the pros and cons of architecture custom homes vs project design builders.
Overall the process with building with Clarendon Homes was good with an overall score of 4.5 out of 5.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Customer Service excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Our build has not commenced yet but so far we have been impressed with the initial process. The colour studio appointments went pretty well. Our customer service consultant was really good at communicating with us and kept us updated with the progress. She responded promptly to all our queries. Each step was explained well. Hopefully our build will progress without any hiccups. With the positive experience so far, we would recommend Clarendon Homes to all.

• 1 comment
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Absolute nightmare company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

We have had an absolute nightmare of an experience building with Clarendon. From the moment we signed the contract the staff at Clarendon has given us nothing but a hard time. After the contract signing, in the colour studio not only did we experience rude and unfriendly staff we were overcharged for many items that if we hadn’t picked up on they would’ve followed through with, there are many items which we were overcharged for which they didn’t amend due to deceitful staff members changing the quote outside our knowledge and forcing us to sign it (take particular care in the kitchen and bathroom department). Throughout the colour appointments we were treated with disrespect, misguided and ripped off. Throughout the actual building process, we were given false promises with regards to handover dates building progress etc. We went through multiple site managers and never got any information about our building progress even after trying to ask multiple times.

The tradespeople working on our site were inexperienced which was reflected in the poor workmanship throughout the house; which we are still trying to amend. Our site was left unattended for weeks on end with no valid reasons provided to us and as a result of this our house was handed over to us more than 8 weeks outside the legal building period. Post construction we were handed over a house where there was unfinished brickwork, broken roof tiles, broken indoor floor tiles, misaligned bathroom tiles, holes in the kitchen cupboards, leaking taps and faulty appliances to name just a few of the many problems. When we brought this to the attention of the post construction maintenance team we were verbally abused by one of Clarendon’s maintenance team members to the point where we had to ask for him not to enter our property due to his threatening mannerisms. Majors issues such as unfinished brickwork, broken tiles faulty appliances etc. are yet to be resolved and it is a struggle to get anyone from the Clarendon team to communicate with us.

In this building process we were absolutely tortured every step of the way and communication skills of Clarendon was so poor and to some extent non existent as many people would never get back to us. We can’t think of a single good experience we had in this journey. Thousands of dollars’ worth of damage has been done to our property, by Clarendon, and Clarendon refuses to fix it. Clarendon tradespeople that were working on our site even treated our neighbours poorly. As a result of this our neighbours contacted Clarendon who then illegally disclosed our private residential address to our neighbours and told them to contact us directly. We tried to contact every level of authority all the way up to CEO to get some sort of help or answers and no one was willing to help in any way. The customer service offered by Clarendon is absolutely appalling. This company is unreliable and we wouldn’t recommend them to anyone and never wish such an experience on anyone.

We are now in the middle of processing our complaints with fair trading and as per our site managers’ threats and advice we will be seeking legal advice and taking legal action on Clarendon. And this is just a small snippet of our nightmare of an experience

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Unhappy Customer. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sending your contact details through to us so we can follow up the complaint procedure that you undertook and... read more »

Hi, sorry we completely lost faith in clarendon, Clarendon cannot be improve and its a waste of time talking to clarendon.

Clarendon Official

Hi Unhappy Customer. We do hope you change your mind so that we can review the complaints procedure and Clarendon team members you worked with. You are able to contact us at anytime at productrev... read more »

1 of 50 pages

16 Carnarvon Drive French's forest I am adding an addition to this home which was constructed in 1999 I have to provide details of sound insulation between the existing brick cavity home and the proposed addition can you please tell me if this house has an insulated cavity as per basix requirement?

dave asked on Apr 10, 2018

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting us, your query has been forwarded to the Construction team. In the meantime would you mind emailing us your details to productreview@clarendon.com.au so we can send the information back to you directly.

Hi Dave, BASIX requirements came into effect in 2004, 5 years after your homes was built. We don't have detailed records of your home to tell if the original plans included insulation as an option, so you renovator will have to check for you.

Hi, just wondering on average, how long does it take to get to construction after signing your contract?

CBC asked on Mar 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi I’m sorry I can’t answer that as we had to delay our start date as we needed time to find a place to live and knock down our house. The demolisher took to long to knock down our place and Clarendon were certainly ready to go. They leveled our site the day after we handed the block to them. Unfortunately it started to rain after that and rained for 6 weeks straight

Hi CBC. The time period can vary dramatically depending on the state you are building in and the type of build (vacant land or a knock down re-build) and then the council or estate involved. A Clarendon sales consultant will be able to give you a better idea based on your location and build type.

Hi there, we are hoping to embark on a build with Clarendon, we ha e a pretty tight budget and so we are a little nervous about hidden costs or costs that occur through the build that weren't disclosed. Any experience or advice? Thank you!

Joanne B asked on Mar 26, 2018

Answer this

If you are happy with the basic inclusions you can keep the cost at the entry house prices. However at the colour studio you can choose to upgrade if you like. Everything was stated upfront and you don’t sign your contract until you have everything in writing. The base tiles are nice for the bathroom we upgraded our kitchen splashback to Mosaic but you could have had subway tiles included and I think glass might be included now. We upgraded our kitchen bench to 40mm stone and changed the colour so it was closer to white as the included white stone looked yellow compared to the white cupboards and we wanted a white kitchen. We added a butlers pantry as I make cakes from home. We also upgraded the floors to timber and yep that ones expensive but they do tell you up front. We added a free standing bath in the main bathroom for a pretty reasonable price. We also put plantation shutter through the home (these were comparable to external prices as I did get other quotes). We got Clarendon to do our driveway and this too was comparable to external pricing and it’s very convenient to have it done to move in. We went for standard paint through except two feature walls (one in each child’s room). Cheeky things they get you on are having to pay to line under your stairs, lighting is also very expensive so allow a good budget for this. Gone are the days of getting a bayonet light and changing it to a LED later as the cost difference isn’t worth hiring the electrician for. The products did appear good quality when my husband did a review on the LED’s etc. we built one of their biggest homes with pretty high end inclusions for $632,000 plus our upgraded kitchen splash for $7500 (ouch!). We did have an additional
Site cost of 50k on this because our block is not flat. We looked around for 2.5y before deciding who to build with and did sign with an alternative builder and pulled out before going to a contract. I think we got value for money for what we have but I haven’t lived in it yet so time will tell. There were no nasty surprises and we have not been asked to upgrade anything after signing our contract. We have even revived $2000 credit for plumbing that was not needed. Hope this helps. Our total cost came to $639,500.

See all 93 questions about Clarendon Homes