Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Building With Clarendon!!! Five STAR!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

So happy with Clarendons service and products with the new house build. Site Manage is excellent and helpful, staff at head office are amazing. Would definitely build with Clarendon again. Everything was absolutely perfect from start to current status of the build. Supporting Clerical staff at main office were extremely helpful and supportive. Very Very pleased with all the extra's as well

Annandale, NSW

• 19 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 33 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2017

Five months after handover and house still floods and toilets don’t work!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Note this is no reflection or review of our site manager who has had a separate review which was positive.

On this issue, if I could give Clarendon a 0 I would. I am absolutely sick to death of the poor workmanship that is still going on five months after handover and the amount of times trades have to come back to fix the same issues over and over, and still aren't rectified..

Since the day we have moved in, our laundry floods every time that there is rainfall, or that the garden sprinklers are on (or even fills with grass trimmings when we mow the lawn). Water is continuously getting in from under the door and every. single. time. it rains, we spend the morning cleaning up a drenched laundry. There was a weatherseal put on the door before handover (picked up by independent inspector as it was missing) and it was never flush with the ground. Man in a Van from Clarendon attended, and replaced it with AN INTERNAL DOOR DRAFT SEAL ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR (something you'd maybe put on an internal door for drafts). What do you know, two days later, we were flooding again. Clarendon sent out another man to look at it, took it off, put on the same original weather seal from the start, and what do you know, first sign of rainfall and we wake up to a flood laundry floor, absolutely drenched, the towel that was against the door from the previous flood was soaking wet and hadn't soaked up all the water that had come in, and it had extended out to our hallway, WET CARPET. When the last Clarendon person came to look at the issue, he advised that it was normal to see some water coming in. I am sorry, so its acceptable is it to have a room that floods every time it rains? Every single time there has been rainfall in the five months we have had the house, its flooded, and that is suppose to be normal by Clarendons standards? The new weather seal is still not flush with the ground, and there is a gap in the corner in the door as well where most of the water comes in. Obviously the issue is more than an inappropriate weather seal, and needs to be fixed once and for all.

Outstanding and ongoing and still not rectified issue of ensuite toilet not filling up. It never refills with water, they have come and looked at it NUMEROUS times, changed things, put it on the sensitive setting and it still doesn't fill up. The first time they came to look at it, they turned up at the house and had no parts to be able to fix it (and cost me an UNPAID day of work to be here which is a waste of time!). They had to come out again, replace a part, put it on the sensitive setting and its still not rectified. The tradesperson even told us that the toilet system installed in particular is pretty rubbish overall. Cheap product. We can use the ensuite toilet at at 8pm at night, and use it again at 5:45am and there is no water to enable it to flush - so after 9 hours it hasn't filled up? Go to work all day, come home, use it, no water has flowed through. It runs off tank water and normal water, and there is always water available and the tank is never empty as we have had plenty of rainfall. If that were the issue, we would be unable to have water flow through when we took the lid off and pressed the leaver setting in the right handover. For five months the only successful way to push the toilet and fill it back up is to take the lid of and fiddle with things. Its disgusting, having to manually press the right hand corner leaver in under the lid where the buttons are to get to fill up in order for us to flush it - absolute JOKE. It constantly runs empty and never fills up. We have just been rung this weekend 14th Jan by another plumber who has obviously been advised of our issue, who said that they will come back for a third time, and replace the valve. I advised him that they just replaced the valves two weeks ago, so you're coming back to do the same job? For a third time, Clarendon and their trades are coming back to just redo the same thing that hasn't worked twice before? It's a waste of time. Cheap toilets ordered in from China, that are useless and don't work.

We also have rain shower heads that drip and run at the same time as the handheld head is running and they can’t figure out why. They’ve had people out to fix the cartridge and look at it and it’s still an issue, just to be told it will be a job of "elimination" to try and fix the issue, because they don't know what it is.

The poor workmanship by the trades used by Clarendon is a disgrace, or more so who they hire to do their jobs. We had tiling jobs done wrong on build, and then after handover had a shower that would never drain because there wasn't appropriate slope. Finally sent someone out to redo the job and they redid it wrong (used a different coloured grout). Complained to the tiling company used by Clarendon and was brushed off rudely by the area manager.

Had the Clarendon Man in a Van attend twice, first time rectified a job wrongly and also forgot to complete jobs on the list, second time came out and rectified the job he did wrong and still forgot to complete things on the list. It’s a joke to even have him come back a third time so we gave up, yet we still had to have someone come back a third time because of the laundry seal and now a fourth time the issue is still ongoing with laundry and we have complained again. It’s like banging our heads against a brick wall - no one knows what they are doing?!

I have lost count of how much time my husband and I have taken off work to be at the house since we have had handover to be home for trades to fix things and its clearly a waste of our time as things are not fixed, we go around in circles. I have lost count at the amount of times tilers, plumbers, man in the van has come to our house. It costs us financially to take time off work now to be at home.

I understand that things go wrong and need fixed, but when its getting to the point of jobs taking 3, 4 5 times to be fixed, it becomes frustrating - why can't things be done right the first time or fixed correctly when called back?

I ask Clarendon that the laundry issue be independently looked at. If the issue comes down to a tiling issue, I ask that the issue is fixed by an independent tiler outside of the company who Clarendon use.

I ask Clarendon that the toilet system is fixed once and for all and that a brand new system and toilet, of better quality that ACTUALLY WORKS is installed and to be done by someone who knows what they are doing. We upgraded to a Sapphire package, which included is a better toilet system - clearly not!

ALL the above issues will need to be addressed on Saturdays when we are home, as Clarendon, you have and continue to cost us financially every time we have to stay at the house during a working day during the week, to meet with your trades, who thus far, have not fixed any of the issues we have had. Taking unpaid days off work or annual leave days wasted to sit and wait for your trades to turn up over and over again and NOT FIX AN ONGOING ISSUE is just not an option anymore.

If any of the issues are not resolved and fixed once and for all, we will be taking further, independent action.

On a side note, as a couple who are about to have their first child, unfunctional toilets and leaking rooms should not be an added stress for us.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Clarendon Official

Hi Renee, we are so disappointed to hear of your experience. Would you mind sending through your job number to productreview@clarendon.com.au so that we can escalate your concerns and details onto ... read more »

Job number is 29911594.

Clarendon Official

Thanks Renee. It is of my understanding that Clarendon have been in touch with you today and Serdar is going to oversee the rectification of your concerns.

Kind regards,
Clarendon Homes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Excellent Builder - Wonderful Experience!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

From start to finish we had a great experience. Any questions answered promptly and we were kept informed every step of the way. Workmanship was great and we have found a first building experience to be easy, stress free and a joy - all thanks to the team at Clarendon, with special mention to [name removed], [name removed] and our site manager [name removed] for making it such a wonderful experience. Couldn't recommend highly enough - we are super happy with our home and had a great experience building. Thanks Clarendon!!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Lovely beginning, very excited to start our build !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

We are super excited that we have entered the Construction Phase now.
Our story started from December 2016 through signing the initial contract and our experience with Clarendon has so far been great, especially as first home builders.
We met our sales representative at Parklea, who was very understanding of my specific needs, with great insights in the inclusions and cost-cutting for the modifications that we wanted, and his recommendations were perfect for a first home buyer. The process was enjoyable, the consultants at the colour studio, electricals were helpful giving us some great ideas for our new home.
We bought our land with 7 of our friends in a new development area and they all are building with other builders. It took months for our land to be registered and we were aware of it. Even though the registration took place together, we are the first one got into the construction stage. Clarendon was pre-prepared with all the documents and surveys required for the CDC approval.
All credit goes to Clarendon’s expertise, especially our Customer service consultant (CSC) who was very friendly and professional with fortnightly updates, quick email reply and on time telephonic conversations with all my inquiries. Also, our contract was running out of time and we extended it for another 3 months. Our CSC timely involvement for handling paper works saved to quickly get into the construction zone and saved one-month extension. I had a million questions, she looked into and answered all of them.

I felt like a valued customer all the time.
We are looking forward to commencing building and have a great home

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Clarendon Homes is the best project home builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

we started our journey probably in November 2015, we researched a few builders and had three tenders, luckily we chose Clarendon Homes finally. after a half year, our land was handed over to Clarendon in July 2016, then finished in July 2017. it has been a happy journey to deal with all the staff at Clarendon Homes from the sales to the office team and to the site supervisor - [name removed]. I still remember what the sales guy - [name removed] said, Clarendon is not only professional but also ethical. being professional means I won't worry about the build quality, being ethical means I won't worry about many things, e.g. deposit, contract, pricing even though I don't have knowledge of building industry. I'm glad they kept their words. I appreciate all Clarendon did. thank all Clarendon staff. I recommend Clarendon to all of my friends. actually, a few of my friends are building their dream houses with Clarendon Homes this year!

Excellent experience overall

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

Our journey with clarendon has been wonderful experience. From the beginning consultants all were very efficient and friendly. Initial consultant [name removed] helped us in getting us in the right direction for choosing the right facade and designing our home. Experience with [name removed] and [name removed], our customer service consultant were exceptional. We appreciate [name removed] for all her help and efforts in speeding up our home handover with out delay. Our site manager [name removed] worked hard and was very efficient and understanding. We were given weekly updates regarding the work and everything was explained in detail. He handed the house over to us in excellent condition.

Excellent Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

It was an amazing experience, to see our dream house being built from the foundation. We are really happy with the final finish of the house. There are some minor jobs to be completed yet. Clarendon will attend to that within the 90 days period. In comparison to other builders with whom our friends had built with and the problems they had to encounter, we had a smooth journey with Clarendon. This is all because of our excellent and experienced site manager. He was professional in all his dealings. He was responsible to complete the house with an excellent finish and hand over the house within the scheduled time period. He is friendly and gave us valuable advice, and his area Manager is also friendly and supportive.
Clarendon staff was also very friendly and helpful from the start. All our Enquiries were answered promptly.
We would definitely recommend Clarendon to anyone who wants to build their dream house.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Our Journey So Far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

We have finally hit construction stage, It has been a long road to here but this is due to land registration which was 9 months after deposit. We were well aware of the time frame. We have been through design and colour studio and have found the experience both daunting and rewarding and are looking forward to moving into our dream home. Our consultant has been very helpful, courteous, and informative and she has always done what she said she would. I think we have both learned a lot during this process.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Excellent Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

I'm currently in the process of building my first home at Elara in Marsden Park and am very happy with the build process so far and with the service from my Site Manager. I'm not able to visit the site often and so I really appreciate the regular updates on the progress from him. He's been great with keeping me in the loop on where the construction is at and explaining any delays that come up in the process. The build seems to be going along very efficiently and smoothly, and the house looks great so far! Really happy with the service!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Helpful and understanding consultant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

Pegout has only been done at this stage. But communication with consultant has been reassuring and very helpful, with valuable updates and information required for knockdown/rebuild. Surveyor was on site immediately site clearance certificate was issued and was pegged out. Although we had a number of set backs in the lead up to handing site over the consultant was understanding and tried to assist us in every way possible.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Excellent service and helpful staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

We are now about to start the construction of our house and just waiting for the final bank approval.

So far our experienced with Clarendon Homes from selection of the design up to this stage were really great. The sales consultant is very helpful and provide us with good options according to our liking and budget.

Clarendon Colour Studio is amazing. We visited their studio a number times even before and after signing so as to understand the inclusions and upgrade options better. During the actual colour consultation, it makes our decision quite easy and straight forward. Their consultants were very helpful and accomodated all our change requests swiftly with no issues.

We are also quite pleased with our designated customer service consultant which continue to help us in every step of our journey. She also manages all our issues, including council, and provide excellent support and resolution.

A number of my friends recommended Clarendon to me and I would defintely do the same to my other friends.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Truly Awesome Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

We have had wonderful experience with our Site Manager ([name initials removed]). The site was handed over to us before scheduled completion date.
We had to go overseas due to personal matter so we requested our site manager to prioritize the work so that we can get handover before we leave and he was very understanding.

We are very happy with Clarendon and our Site Manager.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Outstanding Supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

We are currently building with Clarendon Homes at Elara - Marsden Park. The supervisor is excellent. He keeps us updated every week, pushes the work and I am sure the construction will be complete before the contract date and we will move in happily to our new house sooner.

He has even been very helpful with variations and gives great advice. I must say that "This Guy Knows His Game".

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Dream home built with a lot of TLC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

When we first started looking a homes with multiple different companies, we quickly realised that the Sheridan 34 was the perfect home for us.
We spoke to [name removed] from the Oran Park office and he quickly and efficiently gave us the information that we needed and started the journey for us.
We had a lot of highs and some lows through the colour appointment however the staff in the office we all very helpful. Whilst we were at times difficult to deal with, we always knew the staff were helping us achieve our dreams and for the most part, they smiled the entire time.
We had a number of issues with the tile company however we will leave it at that... these issues were later rectified in the building stages by their area manager who was very helpful.
We were lucky enough to have [name removed] sign our contracts with us. She was friendly, informative and allowed us to take our time. [name removed] was a pleasure to deal with and we are grateful to have had her kick start our contract.
We were then very lucky to be assigned [name removed]... Now this is a woman who knows what she is doing, gets things happening and knows exactly how to communicate with her customers via email and telephone and in person. [name removed] and I had NUMEROUS chats and she was always so pleasant. She was extremely efficient and genuinely wanted to satisfy her customers like myself. Through some of the general frustrations of the colour appointment and tile selection, [name removed] remained calm and professional and sorted our issues with ease and a smile.
We then went to the build stage where we were appointed [name removed] as our site manager and [name removed] as our Customer Service Consultant. I think we hit the jackpot with these two. [name removed] was one of the most professional managers I have ever met. He was pleasant, he was knowledgeable and he never made us feel inferior to him simply because he knew more about building than we did. We were devastated when 3 months into our build [name removed] announced he was leaving Clarendon however at the same time we were very happy to have met him and very happy for his future plans.
On to [name removed]... She was beyond anything we expected and more. We had such a great experience with her colleges before her and she definitely made sure this continued. [name removed] was extremely efficient. She was always friendly despite again being a sometimes difficult customer. I often joked with her about how she must be pulling faces with me when I was whinging on the phone but she is very transparent and she is always stayed happy. I know that without [name removed] being patient, reliable, friendly, efficient, caring, knowledgeable and a great communicator, I wouldn't have had the same positive experience. I also have to mention that even after handing the keys over to us, [name removed] continues to go above and beyond for me and amazes me how she just makes things happen to effortless (well, so she makes it seem).
For the home stretch we were blessed with [name removed]. [name removed] is the man everyone wants to have working on his home. I genuinely felt as though [name removed] was proud of his job and that everyone home, in particular our home, he felt he was building his own. So if things were right or he didn't like how it was done, he would get it fixed straight away. [name removed] is always honest, professional, reliable and efficient. When things were hard, he made it look easy. He is an all round, well presented and very approachable guy who is an asset to Clarendon and some more! [name removed] needs to be commended for his work and as much as we like to give him a hard time, he deserves any additional support from his hierarchy at Clarendon because Clarendon would not want to lose him!!
In summary, the build was extremely pleasant.. I am grateful for the people who have helped made the build so easy (now that its finished I can actually say it was easy). Thank you to the aforementioned staff of Clarendon and to those working behind the scenes along with the tradies on site who work their butts off at the commands of [name removed] and his colleagues.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Trustworthy Site Supervisor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

This is our first home to built and have mixture of experience however we been lucky to have great site supervisor who have exceptional knowledge and skills. He is very helpful and been guiding through the process. Great Customer service and always return our calls. There were some issues were raise which were sorted within few days by Site Supervisor ([name removed])

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Reliable Site Manager

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

We Have no major issues dealing with Clarendon. They work and treat you professionally from day one. Email communications are addressed in timely manner. We have a Reliable site manager, who updates us via call or text every now and then. If we raise a valid issue, Clarendon will surely come up with a solution. We have a smooth sailing relationship so far and we are glad we chose Clarendon.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Clarendon Homes is great all around, They are very efficient and mindful of individual circumstances

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Customer Service from the start was great, ([name removed] at Oran Park is very knowledgeable and awesome)
[name removed] is very knowledgeable, efficient and helpful.
The overall team was good from the start, they were on time and prepared for our visits. Paper work was on time.
Council approval, DA approval was very efficiently organised and obtained.
Looking forward to the build now.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Excellent Service from Start till date

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

We are extremely happy and excited with the way our building of house has been managed till date. Our Site Engineer visited our site almost everyday and coordinated trades so that one followed the other straightaway without causing any long delays. Our customer service consultant was always available to answer questions or concerns. The build is currently on time for completion soon without any major delays and we are very excited for the same. We would definitely build with Clarendon again and would have no hesitation in recommending them to other people. Thanks again!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Bringing our dream to life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

We are building Sheridan 39 MKII, we did expanded it a bit and some other modification, Clarendon was really good helping me building our dream home. Clarendon home is a professional company, that we will definitely recommend to our friends to build. The salesperson, color appointments and administrations are really really helpful. Building a dream house has never been easier.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Journey from house to dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

It was such a wonderful experience in shaping our first house with Clarendon Homes. From getting the right design for our narrow size land to converting our ideas into a house, Clarendon has everything to tailor what a new house owner can dream off. I am glad after such long research we hooked up with Clarendon Homes.

Our Supervisor is an amazing person who made sure everything goes right and well on time and kept us updated every week with construction progress. Workmanship of Clarendon Homes is of a very high standard.

I would like to thanks everyone from Clarendon Homes who helped us in getting Our Dream House ready before New Year!

The journey with Clarendon Homes has been truly incredible.

1 of 47 pages

I built a home with Domaine Homes in Victoria in 2003. I need a contact number for Clarendon Homes customer issues as a problem that was supposedly fixed shortly after occupancy how now recurred. Please could you help me. John Mitchell [number removed]

asked on Jan 15, 2018

Answer this

Hi John. You can make your inquiry through the following email address - customercare@clarendon.com.au This will go through the Sydney office of Clarendon Homes, and they will let you know if they can assist you from there.

I believe, that you have already got the best reply from Clarendon. Best thing to do is explain your problem and forward to the email address customer-care@clarendon.com.au

Hi I am thinking/planning to build with Clarendon in Mango Hill QLD. Could anyone tell me what's their warranties like on the build and on the appliances they install? Do they give a complimentary Home insurance for the First year (Apparently come builders do).

Noel asked on Jan 15, 2018

Answer this

Hi Noel. Clarendon Homes offer a Lifetime Structural Guarantee on the slab and frame of your home (most other builders are 6.5 years, which is the minimum legislative requirement). Appliance warranties vary by manufacturer and are generally 1 year at a minimum. Clarendon's standard manufacturers are Westinghouse and SMEG and both these companies offer a 2 year Warranty on their appliances. Clarendon covers insurance for you home while it is under construction and to the point it is handed over.

not sure Clarendon in QLD, in NSW, they provide lifetime warranties on the building structure and the manufacturers provide standard warranties on the appliances.BTW any "complimentary " things actually will be paid by you. best you get and compare three tenders from some reputable builders, then pick the best one.

Your current promotion the Summer of Luxe includes 17 luxury inclusions, ducted air con, 270 fixed days for $3,990 plus sapphire inclusions. However I was told by your sales rep that it’s not the case with sapphire inclusions. If this the case your promotion is very misleading. Can you please clarify?

Chelsea123 asked on Jan 02, 2018

Answer this

Hi Chelsea. Our clients have the option to choose either Ruby or Sapphire Inclusions with the Summer of Luxe promotion. The base house price between Ruby & Sapphire also varies to reflect the different level of base inclusions in each in each package. Added to that, the 17 extra upgrades in the promotion vary between the packages also and reflect feedback we have received from clients on what they would like to suit their budgets.

See all 83 questions about Clarendon Homes