Extremely engaging term break activity for kids

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

My girls (9.5 and 7.5) both completed the Spark program this week. They came home each day excited to tell me their achievements for the day and returned to Code Camp each morning eager to get started again. My girls were exhausted by the end of the week but the camp kept their attention, gave them a great introduction to coding and they were incredibly proud to show me their finished games.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Absolutely fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

My son absolutely loved code camp and especially the teachers. He loved producing a game to show everyone at the end of it. He felt very accomplished and proud of himself. He can’t wait for the next code camp.

A fun and educational 3 days

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

It was fantastic!!! The only suggestion would be to have some structured play when waiting for pick up or drop off

Fabulous experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

From the beginning with hands on help logging into code camp we started with a super positive experience and from the confidence my daughter has in speaking about her experience I have to say it was a success! Thank you so much for a great experience.

Verified Customer

My son loved it, and he learnt so much

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

My son has been to code camp 5 times now. He loves it and learns something new every time. Fantastic to see him love learning and achieving real outcomes. He loves to show off his apps and games to family and friends.

A good time to was had by the children

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2018

The children enjoyed the experience which seemed a good mix of coding as well as outside activities. Thank you Code camp

Excellent !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Lily was so happy she came home each day. A very happy three days!!!! She’ll be back again for sure.

Canberra

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

Code Camp was Wonderful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I was very impressed with Code Camp: the organisation was efficient and smoothly run, the daily emails and photos were great and my son loved every minute and can’t wait for the next one!

Great introduction to coding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

My child plays quite a few games on various platforms. You could say he is a budding gamer. It was incredible to see his attitude towards building a similar game to one he plays "Press Start". I think he enjoyed creating athe game more than playing it. As a builder of large IT systems myself it was lovely to see the spark that got me into the software industry. I would strongly recommend Cose Camp to any child with an interest in gaming and a creative talent. The shirt, hat and medal all added to their excitement.

Excellent Blast 3D Code Camp!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Excellent staff, objectives and outcomes, my 10 year old daughter absolutely loved it! Thanks so much to the team from Code Camp!

Three days loved by my boy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

Code Camp was three days of fun, learning and creating for my little guy. He loved each day and would be back in a heartbeat!

So much fun they forget they’re learning!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

My 8 year old daughter did a 3 day Code Camp and absolutely loved every minute of it! She came home every day buzzing with excitement and showing us her progress online and then couldn’t wait to go again in the morning. She’s already talking about “next time at Code Camp”!!! Thanks guys, we’ll worth the time and money spent on the activity, she has plenty to teach us!

My daughter is inspired

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

My 9 year old daughter loves Code Camp.In fact she has been 5 times, with number 6 coming up these holidays. She has been inspired. She thinks she might even be a software engineer as well as a pastry chef when she grows older. When they do coding at school she is on fire. She comes home with strut saying "it was easy. I just showed them what I did at Code Camp". If you have a child that likes Lego, Minecraft or Chess then Code Camp is for them.

Can’t wait to go again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Looking forward to the next level of Code Camp. My son loved it! Thank you. Ignite class here we come!

Wow - so worth it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

My 7 year old just attended his first code camp. I wasn’t sure how he’d go as absolutely loves playing games but doesn’t have the best attention span if Working on something he doesn’t find value in. Come pick up on End of first day and he took me through EVERYTHING as well as discuss what they they were yet to learn, ie. “putting bad guys in”. When he was told On the last day, that it was the final day, he yelled out “I wish there could be 100 more days of code camp!”, and since finishing, he has proudly shown his app creation to anyone who will spare him some time, as well as tinker with some areas he wants to perfect. I must have been asked at least 10 times week since finishing when he Code camp starts again. This is one mum who won’t be getting away with not enrolling him again next holidays! So Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY, YES!! So happy can put some of that screen time to good use and allow him to not only use a device to have fun, but know he is also learning, thinking, and creating in a productive way. Educational apps are good, but think much more special and rewarding when a child can take ownership of what they see on screen.

Fantastic Experience - we will be back!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

My three boys (aged 7 through 11) attended Code Camp this holidays and they absolutely LOVED it! I was not sure when I enrolled them whether it was going to be something they enjoyed but at the end of day 1 I knew that we had made the right choice. They bounced out of bed and couldn't wait to get back each day. They learned so much and are super keen to continue on with their coding learning with Ignite next holidays. Thanks again!

My son really enjoyed it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Facilities good. Staff good. Child happy :)
I shall enrol my son for the next level up next time.
Thank you.

my son enjoyed the coding, thanks.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

My son learned a lot of new knowledge and enjoyed the camp. He is looking forward to the next level.

Absolute Joy for the kids

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

Our son really enjoyed the experience and is very keen to come back. As parents, we felt at peace leaving our child with the camp staff, our first encounter being with Tracey, who was fantastic. The structure of the day, with outdoor breaks and social time helped the kids to get to know each other, forming friendship very quickly. Really happy with the whole experience.

Excellent coding experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

My son loved code camp, he learnt how to code using Java script which has given him the skills to continue teaching himself further at home. As a parent I received daily emails keeping me informed with what was covered including a group photo which was appreciated.
My son had previously done coding elsewhere and we were unsure what Code Camp level he would be at. We were given assistance during the booking process to determine what level to book him into & after the first Class it was no problem to move him up to the next level. The teachers were friendly and attentive. Thank You!

1 of 15 pages

Hi, can you please let me know the cost for laptop hire? Thanks

Mel asked on Nov 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mel! Thanks for getting in touch. You can bring your own laptop or we hire out laptops at the cost of $29 per child. Give us a call on 1300 CODECAMP or email us at hello@codecamp.com.au if you need anything else. :)

Hi, my children would like to attend, please let we know if we have to bring their tablets? Thanks Linh

Linh asked on Nov 15, 2017

Answer this

Hi Linh! Thanks for getting in touch. Kids create their apps on laptops in our camps Spark, Ignite and Blast! At some schools, they can bring a laptop with them from home or you can hire one from us. Younger kids in our Little League camps use tablets but don't worry, as we provide them for you. Please feel free to call to us on 1300 CODECAMP to discuss this further. :)

I have four boys that would like to attend, please let me know where and when? Bec

Rebecca asked on Oct 26, 2017

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the message.

Have you signed up to the email wait list? If you have we will send you an email to let you know when you can enrol your child at Code Camp.

Click https://codecamp.com.au and sign up.

Thanks see you and your four boys in the summer holidays!

Chris Garner from Code Camp