Filter By:

Fair and competitive insurance company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

I've been with Coles Insurance for 7 years and found their premiums to be competitive. Their staff are also helpful and easy to deal with. While I have never made a claim, my excess and cover is compatible with my situation.

THE WORST CAR INSURANCE!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I had a minor car accident which both parties were at fault (dispute liability). The Coles Car Insurance didn't even look at my claim and they just asked for the excess amount. they never replied back to my emails and when I called them, the costumer service was so rude and didn't help me at all! I mentioned several times that there is dispute liability, but they simply didn't care! It was like that they are the other party's insurance not mine! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! AVOID AT ANY COST!

Seaford

Would give minus 5 stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Do not care about their insured person. Especially when excess is involved. Very Important paperwork not sent and caused all sorts of problems, They wont take any responsibility for mistakes that they make on their end. No replies to emails. No communication about anything, just pass the buck at any chance they get Will not let you speak to Supervisor/Managers to try and get a resolution. Will be cancelling all of our policies. Just terrible. Don't insure with themt! They just don't care!

Car Insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

This is the worst ever customer service that I received in my whole life. Call centre staff in South Africa is extremely rude. I spoke to three staff members in South Africa their attitude and service is extremely poor. They have no idea about Australian systems and places. DO NOT BUY ANY INSURANCE POLICIES FROM COLES (UNDERWRITER IS IAG).

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Hi Dilip, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment with our Customer Care Team as we expect our team members to be helpful and friendly. We'll ensure your fee... read more »

Mathoura NSW, nsw

• 2 comments

Excellent 5 stars +++

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Been with coles both house and car insurance for several years now! They are very affordable, Have great customer service! and when i had a minor car accident (backed into another car) a couple of years ago :( they was very helpful and the claim was handled very speedy... In other words they are great!

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Hi Ron, thanks for getting in touch. We're pleased to hear of your great feedback! We'll be sure to let the relevant teams know. :)

Gold coast

• 1 answer

Insurance claim made

Total disregard for customer and car

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I have been with Coles car insurance for 2years. Just recently a car ran into the back of me. We got the other party Drivers Lic, Car Rego, phone contact and photos. Because we didn't initially get his address as well they wanted to charge the $750 excess. I know for a fact that with those details they can look up the address. Fortunately, the other guy did text his address so I called Coles Ins and had the excess waived.
The initial registration of the claim was very very poorly handled the Customer service agent was rude and ignorant and talked over us. Never the less, the claim was lodged and we were assured the car would be picked up from the Tow truck yard the next morning and taken to the panel beaters which we had already been notified of.
The next morning when I called COLES INSURANCE with the address of the other guy, they told me the car was definitely getting towed that morning to the panel beaters for repair. - ALL OK so Far.
Now the fun begins. I contacted the panel beaters 2 days later to see how it was going. He knew nothing about it. So called COLES INSURANCE and they told us the TOW TRUCK DRIVER has assessed our car as a write off and THE TOW TRUCK DRIVER authorised it to be sent to a car salvage yard 80km away. I was horrified. We still had stuff in the car. We were told we were welcome to drive the 80kms and go and get our belongings.
Then I was told an assessor from Coles would go to the salvage yard and assess the car and he may send it back for repair. (Very unlikely that they would change their mind and send it back 80kms) It turns out the assessor works at the Salvage Yard it was sent to. Done Deal!! He refused to sell it back to us and told us to go to the public auctions if we wanted to and bid against everyone else.
They also wouldn't give back my number plates as you forfeit the balance of your registration when the car is written off.
I have never ever been treated so poorly and disrespectfully by an Insurance company. We had NO COMMUNICATION UNLESS I CALLED THEM. Basically from the minute I let the tow truck company take the car, I lost all control and ownership of the car.
And to top it off, someone went thru the glove box and the boot and took the few possessions we went to get.
I WILL NEVER EVER USE COLES CAR INSURANCE AGAIN.

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Hi Kazmac, thanks for getting in touch. We're disappointed to hear of your poor experience with our service and we'd like to look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message confir... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

The worst service I’ve ever received with an insurance company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

My daughter is a P plate driver and her car was involved in a 4 car accident whilst parked on the side of the road. The insurance has done nothing but give her the run around. Incompetent staff that do not know what they are doing!!!! A different answer with every different person you speak to.... totally unacceptable!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

We're sorry to hear this and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please have your daughter get in touch with us via 1300 265 374 so we can follow this up?

Verified Customer

Not reputable.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have had several vehicles insured with Coles Car Insurance over the years and never made a claim. I had parked in a car park and whilst alighting from the car, a van turned into the car space next to mine misjudging the space available and hitting my open door. When I tried to make a claim I was informed that it was my fault on the basis that I had not carried out my duty of care, therefore I would have to pay the $1000.00 excess to raise the claim. Given that I was stationary and already half out the door when it was hit and the other driver said he just had not seen me I am at a loss to explain how Coles determined I had not carried out my duty of care. The telephone person did not seek to get all the information and only seemed determined to ensure that Coles avoided any obligation in respect of the matter.

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear this as we expect our Customer Care Team to be helpful and efficient, and we're sorry this wasn't your experience. So we can look into this for you,... read more »

My contact number is 0408157212, my full name is Andrew Ronald Gow, my date of birth is 12 May 1945. I did not make a claim in the circumstances described.

winmalee

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Coles car insurance is much too expensive to what it used to be check policy you will find fire levy is $11 compared to other insurance companies $3 why is this you ask total rip off the policy its self is $200 more expensive than other insurance companies and they dont want to come down in price. Total rubbish even thou you tell them what other quote you have and all they have to say is well you have flybuys thats worth something pff worth nothing in price of insurance.

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

We consider many factors when setting our pricing. Your premium will also change based on the type of cover, options and excess you choose. To get a quote, please visit http://financialservices.coles.com.au/insurance/car-insurance.

I already got a quote this how I know how much you rip people off I could get all extras and have the highest excess to pay for a claim and still my quote from another insurance company is much che... read more »

sydney

• 1 answer

THEY RIPPED ME OFF.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I have been with this insurance for 2 years and last night somebody smashed my glass. I called the Coles car insurance and what he said was exactly what I was scared of. They ripped me off. They said you have to pay 600 dollars which again they want to rip me off. I HOPE THEY GET SHUTDOWN SOON.

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

We're sorry to hear this and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please send us a private message with your claim number, your full name, date of birth and best contact number so we can get in touch?

• 7 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Ok. Went with them because they were cheap. Paid for it. Some fool hit me from behind, at first they said it was his fault, then they said it was my fault. Paid the excess but despite this got the debt collectors sending me texts and phoning me for the money! Despite constantly telling them and providing me evidence (bank statements) that the money had been paid they persisted. GO ELSEWHERE!!! These lot - despite NRMA NOW OWING THEM have NO IDEA what they´re doing!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SERVICE! NOT WORTH THE savings!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Thanks for your review. We're disappointed to hear your feedback. Please send us some further information via private message including your full name, date of birth and claim number and we'll arrange for someone to look into this.

Friendly and helpful staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

I have 7 policies with Coles insurance great to deal with friendly staff and knowledgeable. All enquiries are dealt with immediately

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

We appreciate your review. We're always pleased to hear from happy customers.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Your insurance is crap and would not ever recommend anyone to coles insurance!! you have called me when I have logged a claim and payed the excess with you after 3months you call me up and ask a dumb question like who was the car insurance which before coles? Well what dose it have to do with you number one!!

Have called a number of insurance company’s and no one asked that!! Waste off time with this company!!! Down down prices are down your service is crap house.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Thanks for your review. We're disappointed to hear your feedback. Please send us a private message with your claim number, full name and date of birth and we'll look into this matter further.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Coles Car insurance

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Stick to the big insurance companies unless you're OK with poor service. This Friday 16/11 will be 10 weeks since I lodged my claim for total loss, on a car accident where I was not at fault.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Insurance claim made

Avoid at all cost - negative rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

My Honda Jazz caught fire on my driveway last week and was completely burnt out. Called Coles Insurance immediately, have spoken to several different people and been given a different story each time. Two days ago they agreed to pay out and now they say we are not covered. Policy says that car is covered in case of fire or explosion. Now told that they need a mechanics report which we have to pay for.
They have not mentioned any of this before or kept us informed of any issues. Happened over a week ago.
When we do get a new car there is no way we'll be going with this company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Hi Paul, thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear of your disappointing experience and we'd be happy to have this followed up. Can you please send us a private message confirming yo... read more »

rosebery

Very bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I have a company car and we are insured with Coles. Their customer service is absolutely appalling- I am currently awaiting a response from them on the progress of a claim on an accident that happened on 24/10. I put in the claim on the 25/10. Have sent them 4 emails asking for updates- but no one bothers to reply. This is not the first time - in a previous case- same thing- cust service never bothers to give updates- You have to do all the chasing up. Definitely will not recommend them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We've responded to your private message.

Ineffectual, inept, frustrating - three calls, three different responses, getting absolutely nowhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Held policy for several years, every dealing with them has been extremely frustrating. I will be looking for another insurance company.

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

We're sorry to learn of your poor experience, Alana. If you could send us a PM more details regarding your experience, we'll be happy to have this followed up further.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Lure you in then smash you with annual increases

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I am extremely disappointed in Coles Insurance. They lure you in with cheap premiums to grab your business. They then smash you with massive increases year on year at renewal time. Thank goodness I haven't had to claim as it appears from the reviews like they aren't great at settling claims either. I'm thinking a change of insurer is well overdue.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

Hi Jeff, thanks for taking the time to message us. Although you may have seen an increase in your price this year, we think you will continue to find our cover competitively priced with a great ran... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 9 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

Terrible - avoid!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

My partner was tboned by a driver and had a terrible time dealing with his own insurer - Coles. They lost the original details and took far too long to deal with it. He phoned and emailed them so many times. He described the process as unnecessarily lengthy and stressful and changed providers at the end of the coverage period. Avoid this company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

We've now sent you a private message we can look into this further for you.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

THE WORST!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

After 4 years of premiums I made one claim following a power outage in my area which resulted in my dishwasher not working. After reports from repairmen, letters from Ausgrid and many calls, promises of managers getting back to me and still nothing, they finally advised they wouldn't cover the claim. Though the PDS looked like I was covered, there was another whole section (loop holes) that they referred to. Don't both - 4 years of premiums! Time to find another insurer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Coles Insurance Official

We're sorry to hear of your experience, Lauren and we'd like to look into this further. Can you please reply to our private message?

I don’t see much point in communicating anymore. I am so disappointed that I wasn’t covered.
Though would love to hear your example of where you do cover acts of animals. It appears you actually don’t.

1 of 66 pages