Filter By:

Quality insurance at affordable prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

We have used Columbus Insurance for many years and the process for purchasing a policy is easy to use and intuitive. It is also one of the best value for money insurance providers.

Robinvale

• 1 question
  • 3 answers

NecessRy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Because of age I feel discriminated . The charges r less for younger. A doctor's certificate would show I am very well and not any greater risk to those 70

Great Simple Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I've used this company for a few years and am very happy with their product. Their website is very easy, quick and the price is competitive but comprehensive too. I just use Columbus Direct every time now.

Perfection.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

The customer support is amazing. I have used Columbus insurance products for years now. The policies are cost effective, claiming process is easy.
I have never had anything but a easy going, professional, and polite service I highly recommend anyone thinking of using their services.

Great services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

policy is great value and I am very happy with it. Excellent customer support. Andrew was very helpful and professional. He certainly knows his apples and arranged everything with great efficiency!

Travel Insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

After doing lots of research into prices for travel insurance, I found that Columbus Direct was really good value for a domestic cruise and very easy to set up online.

Telling my friends

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Appreciate the simplicity and the value from your service. Telling my children who are keen to follow for their travel needs. Easy to activate and now looking forward to future travel needs

Knowledgable health insurance consultants

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Good value, and easy to set up, very helpful and knowledgable consultant. We were able to talk through any questions, and the dialogue and answers were very clear and unambiguous. Online information was excellent.

Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

Super value compared to many I have looke into. So easy to set up I tool 10 mins on the plane before I left. Really satisfied it's the 4th time I have used Columbus.

Very easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

This is the second occasion we have used Columbus Travel Insurance. The online process is quick and simple to use. If help is required then a quick phone call resolved the problem. The person on the other end of the phone was also very pleasant to deal with. Would definitely use them again and have recommended to friends

Quick and Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

I have used Columbus Insurance for a few years now and each time I'm not disappointed. Their quotes are quick, very reasonable and cover all our requirements. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Sydney

new Customer

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Policy was competitive, and offered what i was looking for .. however have not had any experience with dealing directly with Columbus, all done online, which seemed straight forward enough

Very easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

This is the first time I have done a group policy and your rep was most helpful. I could waffle on and stretch this out as much as you like but I would just be wasting your time and mine.
How about in future no minimum words.

old customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Have been using Columbus for some time now don,t seem to get any reward for return custom in fact the price of the policy is beginning to get quite high maybe have to start searching for better rate.In saying that have had no hassles with them what so ever made a couple of claims over the last 10 years with no problems

Balwyn. Melboure

Private message

A good experience with phone call quote, but watch the misleading Excl policy which doesn't include

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

The travel insurance policy from Columbus is well priced.
We have used them for 2 years for multiple entry insurance, but we havent had a claim as yet.
But I think that the policy title is misleading - a policy with "Excl" in the title actually excludes the USA and Canada, The countries covered should be more clearly stated, not hidden away in the fine print.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Columbus Direct Official

Hi John – thanks for renewing your policy with us and for leaving a review. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our ‘Worldwide Excluding’ area of cover. Understanding where our website may... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

The easiest part of the trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Have used Columbus Direct for all our overseas trips and found booking the policy to be extremely easy and quick. Email follow up is extremely prompt. Used the phone once in the past and my question was promptly answered.

Melbourne

Private message

easy quote process competatively priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I went to a number of sites/providers to get quotes. I found Columbus Direct one of the easiest to use and competitively priced. I have used Columbus Direct in the past and have gone back to this product time and again.

Good value travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Good value, adequate cover for the things I need, without paying for things I don't. User-friendly website, very quick and easy to set up. Perfect, comprehensive travel insurance for everyone.

Good customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

The person working with me to process the policy was polite, patient and sounded genuine. She worked hard to obtain my facts and explained the policy clearly. I have used Columbus Direct before and found them consistent and helpful.

We love Columbus Direct

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I have used Columbus Direct as my travel insurance provider for years and have always been extremely happy with them. Not only is Columbus Direct the best priced insurance but the website is easy to navigate and if I need to ring the company the people are friendly and efficient to deal with. I will continue using Columbus Direct for years to come.

1 of 7 pages

Do you offer cruise cover? What about the clause stating that you cannot make a claim in regards to delay due to weather? What if the cruise could not go due to severe weather conditions- would this be covered? Thanks.

asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

Hi there – Yes, we do offer cruise cover. Travelling by cruise is actually included as standard with all our international policies – you’ll just need to make sure you select the correct area of cover, taking into account any international waters your ship sails into. Our policies do provide certain cover for a travel delay of at least 6 hours due to adverse weather conditions. However, if your cruise company decided to cancel the cruise altogether due to severe weather, unfortunately there would be no cover. It might be worth confirming your cruise operator’s conditions for such events, as they may entitle you to a refund and/or the option to reschedule your cruise. To find out more about our cruise cover, you may want to take a look at the Cruise Travel Insurance page on our website (http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance/), which includes a question-and-answer section. If you have further queries, we’d be happy to answer them – just give us a call on 1300 66 99 99.

Your website (http://www.columbusdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/annual-multi-trip/) says "Up to three kids (aged 2-18) and up to two infants (under 2 years) can be covered FREE when travelling with their parent or grandparent." - but your PDS makes no mention of this. In addition, your application forms only allow a total of 3 people to be listed on the policy. How do I ensure my kids are actually covered, and in an event, convince a foreign medical establishment they are insured?

Matt asked on Dec 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Matt, we’re sorry to hear you encountered this issue. To clarify, our pricing does indeed include standard cover for a number of dependent children at no additional cost, however for cover to be in place they do need to be named on the policy. In your case we note that there was an issue with the handover process from the comparison website you were referred from, which didn’t prompt you to enter details for your children. We have since been in contact with them to ensure they apply a fix to prevent any repeat. We understand your policy has now been updated to include details for all family members and hope you all enjoy your trip.

Does your rental vehicle excess waiver apply to motor home hire in the UK ?

JimT asked on Nov 29, 2016

Answer this

Hi Jim. Thanks for your question. We do include campervans or motor homes in respect of our Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver. There are a few terms and conditions worth knowing about in relation to our cover for hire vehicles. For example, you need to rent the vehicle from a licensed rental agency and the cover only applies while someone insured on the policy is driving. You can find the full terms and conditions in relation to our Rental Vehicle Excess cover in our policy wording under section 12. It’s also worth checking that our Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver limit covers the full excess specified in your rental contract, as this is usually higher for campervans and motor homes. If you have any further questions or need help setting up a policy, please feel free to give us a call at 1300 669 999. Otherwise, have a great trip!

(As always, to decide if a travel insurance policy is right for you, please read the Product Disclosure Statement. You can view ours at https://www.columbusdirect.com.au/pdfs/coz/PDS.pdf).

See all 6 questions about Columbus Direct