Canberra

• 5 helpful votes

Over priced Swindle

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Over priced and the charting features are crap, they could learn a lot from the free online charting Trading view. Also There live data feed resets at the end of each month at $82.50 rather than the calendar day you start. For example if you decide to sign up for their comsec Iress on July 31 you are charged 82.50 for one day and 82.50 the following month in August. Nice swindle Comsuck.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Waiting on proceeds from sale of shares

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

My wife had shares in her name. We decided to sell. We had no explanation on line as to why the money did not come through after 4 days. Non compliant to ComSec procedures.

• 1 review

CommSec International platform is a JOKE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

Platform is absolutely rubbish in itself.

I placed an order that was executed (I saw it with my own eyes). After the stock was up over 8% I check the platform to find my money was back now as USD? I phoned and spoke to [name removed] who laughed at me and told me it was impossible.

Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Hi, just sorted out my profile and listings thanks to a lovely lady at CommSec. Her name is Anna. Spoke with her for some time and she was so helpful and most of all patient with my lack of computer skills. Wish Anna was working in my work place. Thanks again Anna.

Commsec's fantastic stock monitoring and record keeping service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

I have a stock trading account with Commsec which I use for my Self Managed super fund. I recently was advised by my accountant of an audit of my account and was required to provide evidence of stock holdings and dividends as at 30 June 2017. I logged into my Commsec account and found a fantastic service that enables me to obtain a summary of all dividends and stock transactions and holding for the FY17 year. This service saved me untold hours of locating the required information. I would like to thank Commsec for the initiative and thought in providing this information. It is an excellent summary that exceeded my expectations.

Melbourne

Settlement dates are bulldust

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

When you sell shares - even with a CBA CDIA account money doesn't arrive on settlement date until after banking hours CBA or Commsec getting their extra day bank bill rate on customer monies!

Contract note states settlement date 3rd day payment method direct to nominated settlement account on settlement day. Not even when you have a cdia is this happening.
The definition of settlement day is that settlement is made on that day. If I buy shares
I have to have money present and in my account but if one sells shares the bank chooses
To manipulate dates to suit themselves.
After phoning commsec I was advised I should have told them I needed settlement on the 3rd day! Just another longtime cba customer and shareholder offside and looking to leave after 40 years.

Terrible Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

After signing paperwork to update my details and an earlier phone call this week to clarify same details, commsec rang again, i missed that call but returned it only to be put on hold while they located my file and then asked me a several security ID questions to which i answered along with a sms code sent to my mobile phone. Partners email different but they wanted same email address on both comm account and commsec account. At the end of the call no further advancement and i was asked to go to a branch to ID myself. Time to find another broker platform. Rubbish service from COMMSEC 4 security id questions should be enough to verify who i am.

Huge issues with estate admin

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

My father died in 2014 and the HUGE amount of administration involved in getting his accounts transferred across to my mother was exceedingly stressful for my mother given her poor health and failing eyesight.

My mother died in 2016 and my siblings and I are still jumping through hoops to get mum's superannuation released. Not only have we had to sign various forms and have our identification verified at a Commonwealth bank, today FOUR new forms have turned up for signing.

CommSec, please, please, please sort out your estate administration - death of a parent is a stressful time, please do not add to it.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Happy With It

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I've always been investing in stock market, for about 10 years now. Most of it was overseas before I moved to Australia. So, when I moved here 2 years ago, I looked at many different trading platforms like the Big 4 and CMC markets. While CMC is good and brokerage is cheaper (if not cheapest), the downside is when you're trading in the USA market. It offers only a small list of companies you can trade in. So if you want to trade in US stocks, this is not a good option for you. Moving on to NabTrade & Macquarie, it offers pretty much the same kinda features and brokerage, so I opted for CommSec since I was already a CommBank customer. The CDIA i.e. trading account with CommSec took only a few minutes to open. Plus I got $500 off on my transactions for 3 months - It was an offer deal, which they're no longer offering now. So right there I saved a lot of brokerage money. Overall, the CommSec App is easy to use. I do my own purchases and stock research so I haven't really used or seen any of their brokerage reports or analysis, hence not in a position to comment on that. Overall, I'm happy with them.

Failure to execute my orders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

This mob are useless they stuffed up three trades that cost me thousands of dollars. I have three pending complaints with the financial Ombudsman.
Stay away from this fraudulent circus act.

Service is great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I accidentally bought some weird shares which I didn’t know were security shares which were really expensive, and they ended up refunding all the money. That staff there were a great help and very friendly. They gave me peace of mind to go to bed once I thought I wouldn’t be able to get my money back. Cheers to Jeena and other staff for their help. Com sec does make buying shares easy but there are still some flaws in the apps but one thing I know from experience is that there calculations are generally true even with the confusion of the purchases and sold prices

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Penalty rates when they shouldn’t be charged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Be careful as I was charged for fees that shouldn’t be charged. I was told by one staff member that these fees would be removed, only for another to tell me that is not the case. I lodged a complaint with the ombudsman, and was told that they are not allowed to charge me until the case is resolved. However, all I get is emails asking for payment to be made otherwise they may impose more charges....!!!

International Trading, you better have a crystal ball!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

It takes 1 or more business days to transfer money from a CDIA to the international share trading account. Forget it if you want to buy a position quickly before it rises, you actually need to already you know you want to buy days before.. because that’s how CommSec international operates. Slow and pathetic.

• 15 helpful votes

Very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Bought shares, commsec did not update address with the registry, took my chess offline and now charged me $25 to rectify the error they have made. Avoid these ppl - go for something else that doesn't squeeze you for money at every turn...every when it is not your fault.

Hotel California

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

I have been dealing in shares for years with many brokers. Getting shares out of Commsec, in particular the offshore shares, is the most ridiculously complex process, with multiple forms operated by confused individuals, I have ever come across. They are the worst broker I have ever dealt with. The systems are a joke. They should stick to deposits and loans.

Melbourne

Exorbitant penalty fees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2018

I had money in my CIA (interest) account and no money in my CCA (trading) account.
I bought some shares; instead of the transaction bouncing back due to no money in the trading account, Commsec lent me the money at a rate of $50 a day.
I was not notified of this and by the time I realized several days had past and I incurred a penalty fee of $150.

Cairns

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Expensive trades and Poor support response time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

They have to be the most expensive trade brokerage. Don't mind if getting good service and support.

I waited two weeks for a trading account to be set up and I had to keep calling them as\nd asking the status. In the end I gave up because they kept telling me excuses about how understaffed they were.

All this hassle just to do business with them! I don't think so. After 10 years with them (why??) I finally got off and moved to a broker who wants my business.

perth

Commsec the best,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

Have been with Commsec for over 10 years and always provide me with excellent and prompt service.
One phone call and my problem(s) will guarantee be solved.
Keep up the good work,commsec.

Tedious & Slow

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

The setup of new account not easy online & seems to take forever to get the Welcome response ; look elsewhere

Verified Customer

Cant say anything bad, and i tried.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Been trading (retail trader) for 3 years now, cant find anything bad about the service. Although reading the other bad reviews i could see how they would have had trouble. The thing is there isn't that many great alternatives out there unless your a serious trader dealing in 10,000 to 100,000s of dollars in trades per year. So for best lowest cost, yet reasonable amount of info on companies this is the best.

You can always sign up free of charge and try it out (before buying any stocks). Just do some research in the website on companies, and if you dont like it then deactivate it. free of charge, unless you trade. Believe me, doing the actual trading isnt the problems people complain about, its everything else!

Just FYI, don't forget to pay for the trades you do. They charge $100 per day for every day you dont have the money in the account (the money gets direct debited on the 3rd business day of transaction, ASX rules are T+2). And you are an idiot if you forget to have the money in there. your not in high school anymore, you cant use excuses.

1 of 4 pages