Brisbane

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Good end result, pity about their staffing issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

Can't fault the quality of the build or value for money. Sales process average, contract and approval process started off better then expected but soon fell over with a change in CSO. Several delays and 4 building supervisors later our home is lovely. Such a shame the supervisors are on power trips and treat you like lower class which removes all enjoyment from the building process.
Trying to get real updates was like getting blood from a stone. Our weekly updates 'your home is on schedule with the tiler due to finish' upon asking to see the schedule we were told 'it was very liquid'. That said seems no builder is without fault and I would consider using coral again.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Outstanding colour consultants

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Mary at Varsity Lakes was an outstanding help in designing our beautiful home. She took the time on the weekend to walk everyone in the showroom through the displays and she took the time to show us exactly what was included and what upgrades we might like. We set ourselves a budget and she helped us stay within it and offered an outstanding appeal to our home. Mary deserves an outstanding recognition from Coral Homes she is a hard working and highly skilled staff member, an asset to the company and its clients.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Buyer beware of builder. Poor quality home with defects.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

The workmanship and build quality from this builder was very poor. The quality of the tradesman was very rough. We pretty much had to do the job for the site supervisor and go around picking most of the faults when it should have been done by the builders before handover. When we bought these to the attention of the Site Supervisor, the emails and calls were ignored. This was then escalated to the Area Manager and all he had was excuses. We then complained to the Head Office only to have no emails or phone calls returned.

Buyers beware with
these guys. If you do not want a headache, go with a different builder.

The paint job looks like it was painted by an unqualified painter. There were uneven colours in some of the rooms. There are runs in all of the wardrobes. Some of the doors were not even sanded. When we made the site supervisor aware of this during the walkthrough, some of the defects were either not fixed or it looked worse than before we asked them to fix it on handover. The railings have already rusted and we have only just received the keys. Instead of replacing these, the Site Supervisor scrubbed them. There was a chip in the stone benchtop which had a bodgy fix rather than replaced. The house is new but the paint has already cracked. There are scratches to a number of the windows already. There are nails sticking out in the wardrobe and has just been painted over. There were screws missing from the doors during our walkthrough. Items were not placed in the correct location as per the plan. Rubbish and concrete was left at the site after handover.

We paid for wash and wear paint and given all the bodgey trademens, we had no confidence that we had received the upgrade (we have evidence it was not wash and wear which we provided). Three weeks later since we raised it, we have not received a solution from Coral. When we escalated this to the State Manager, his solution was he would get a receipt from the painter (which the painter never supplied) or he would have to cut a piece of our wall out to get it tested (this is after the build had already run over the contracted date by 6 months). This was outrageous. To date, we still have not received a solution.

The only credible part of the build was with the sales consultant but after that, be prepared to lose your weekends picking out the defects for the Site Manager and Area Manager who will ignore your concerns anyway.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2013

5 Star build quality and after sales service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

Through the Ballina display home we chose and built a beautiful home. Coral were helpful from the pre build phase right up to and including now, 4 years later. We recently had a small issue which was dealt with with efficiency and professionalism. They did a great job. We would like to thank Coral Homes and the aftersales maintainence manager Graham Bale for your help with this matter. It is service like this outside of the 6 month maintenance period that will make build with Coral again in the future.

Caloundra

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2016

very happy with the build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Excellent and trustworthy sales person at beginning with no pressure applied. Very happy with the build and quality of the finished product. Although build was slow, due to the terrible weather conditions during the early to mid 2016, we had continue contact with the Project Manager who kept us up to date on progress etc. A little frustrated with the number of different contacts (7) at head office pre-build but once building commenced we dealt only with the Project manager. Colour selection etc was a breeze and very professionally organised. 12mth maintenance - cant fault. did much more then what we expected.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2017

Amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Coral Homes have exceeded our expectations. They built us a quality home in an amazing time frame, absolutely no hiccups along the way and followed through with al of their promises. We are extremely happy and will build with Coral homes again no doubt.We wouldnt hesitate in recommending Coral to any of our friends or family. Customer service was on point. We have built with different builders in the past and had no where near the level of satisfaction at handover

Lovely House

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Although the pre-build was stressful and long winded, we finally had our plans and estimates and signed up, with construction starting just before Christmas 2016.
Our building supervisor, Justin, was informative, updated us every week, accepted any suggestions we made, and bent over backwards to ensure we were happy with our house.
We finally moved in in April 2017, and are extremely happy with the results - many thanks to the Coral team!!!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2016

First Time Home Owners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Coral Homes was a wonderful company to build with, Patrick there sales consultant has A+ customer service skills and is one of the main reasons we decided to build with Coral. We were really struggling to decide between Metricon and Coral Homes, but the difference between the customer service is what won us over.

Being first home owners everything seemed a little scary and overwhelming until we met the rest of the team. Coral Homes made everything seem easy everyyone we came in contact with was super approachable and didnt mind answering th
ousands of questions, sometimes the same question 3 or 4 times they still answered as if it was the first time we had asked.

Our Construction Manager Michael did a fantastic job he always kept us up to date with when things were occuring as he new we were eager to come out and check out every minor detail. His communication skills were wonderful, and his ability to quickly solve the minor errors to finishing touches was impeccable.

If you are looking to build a new house i strongly suggest before making your decision that you pop into your nearest Coral Homes Display Home and have a chat with their very friendly staff.

Gold Coast

• 1 question

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

The best pre-building service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Marty from Coral Homes has been an outstanding help for my husband and I. Throughout the most stressful time of our build we have been guided and supported by Marty and his help, wisdom and fight to ensure we got the best deal at the best prices. Coral homes has shown us amazing service as we begin our path to build a brand new first home. Thank you Coral Homes! Thank you Marty! We look forward to the build and the processes ahead as the hardest part is almost behind us.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2017

Very happy. Great house and easy process.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

We took ownership of a Coral Marcoola around a month ago and are exceptional pleased with the home. The end product is frankly excellent and we have struggled to find fault. To give context to this, I am a little ocd about attention to detail and as such this speaks volumes for the house.

The build process was relative seamless. There was the occasional hiccup but these were all rectified with minimal issue. Our supervisor, Simon Mahony, helped throughout and clearly has exacting high standards which assisted with the quality of the finish.
The contractors who worked on the house were all committed to a high standard and it really shows.

My only criticism of the whole exercise related to the pre-contract process which lacked a little detail and caused some early confusion. It didn't impact on the final house but took up a little more time than it should have done.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Coral and in particular this design of house to anyone.

• 1 answer

BEST DECISION I MADE WAS CHOOSING CORAL

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Hey team

I just want to thankyou guys for a beautiful home and incredibly smooth, well supported process.

Two people were instrumental In creating this outcome.

Tim Bradfield.
Your sales rep, he supported me right through my quote and uncommitted stage to after I had signed, paid deposits and moved to your customer support team.

I Cant stress enough the impact hes availability and willingness to support through issues after the fact had on my stress levels.

Absolutely incredible and a testiment to your company.

Wayne Sulli
van
Our site supervisor, this man is good at his job. When i would visit the site I could see how he ensured quality from his trades and created site presence and accountability when he was not there.

There were truly a million and one things that could have gone wrong during the course of our build and being in a new
development I have had some exposure to the operating practices of other builders and unsatisfactory outcomes experienced by my neighbours.

It is primarily through people like this an outstanding product, service and customer experience is achieved.

This is where builders seperate themselves and this is where you guys have outstood your competitors.

You have great people representing your company and I can not recommend Coral Homes highly enough.

Thankyou.

Kindest regards
Fayad Matthew Sefian

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

First Home Buyers Dream builder in NSW

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2017

My Wife and i spend approx 6 months looking of our first home in the Sydney market.. We did not think we could afford to Build new.. however the stars aligned and we got an awesome Block within a Stocklands Development. So we started tire kicking the show homes within the estate. We came across the Coral Noosa 25. Both the wife and i loved the design and even more impressed on the price.. so started talking to a sales rep and could not have been more impressed with her helpfulness cheerfulness and sense of humor when it came to our lack of know ledge in the building game. She made the whole process less confusing and eased out fears. Unfortunately due to the block size we could not fit the Noosa on to our lot. However our Coral homes rep was very quick to have a range of alternates that would suit and based on all our discussions leading up to this news, We decided to go with the newly released Alto 25. Thru out the planning process, the sale rep was Fantastic. I even introduced a friend to Coral as they had a special build the wanted to undertake on their own land. Most other Builders did not want to touch his job but Coral jumped in and worked hard to try and win him over.. as it turned out council killed his plans. However we also came away very impressed with Coral homes. When it came time to do our selections, the 3rd party providers they had were fantastic and all spoke well of Coral homes. The wife and I did not make major changes to the plans or build which helped over all in getting this happening a bit quicker. Once our plans had been submitted to council we were assigned a Customer Service agent, Every 2 weeks we got an e-mail letting us know what has happened or a quick email to say nothing had changed. So we're fully informed at all times.

We are now on the Build stage and have just meet with our supervisor. I am excited to see how Coral present themselves thru this section of our project.

I have already recommended Coral to a number of people looking to build and I will continue to do so.. Corals customer service has stood well above the other builders we approached and to me that shows the staff believe in the product they sell and stand by it.

If i was to build again i would not hesitate to approach Coral homes and use their services again.

Excellent experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I just wanted to leave a positive review here. I know when we decided on building with Coral Homes I did a google and trawlled through the reviews. I did find a lot of negative and I was praying that all went smoothly for us.

It was our first home so we had no idea how it would all pan out.

We built in Burpengary East a suburb north of Brisbane city.

From start to finish we had a wonderful experience. Our journey started with Tayla in the Sales Office, She was so friendly, super informative and really good at getting back to us on any
questions we had, via text,email even FaceTime (we moved interstate and at the start of the process were still living in Syd)

Our customer service officer was then Georgia who was also fantastic great with communication and answered all of our questions and kept us informed through the whole process.

Then we were handed over to our Site Supervisor Justin who again was fantastic! He kept us informed the whole way through (a phone call each week with an update) he was on top of everything and very well organised. Our home was built in just 11 weeks and we love it! We have been in just over 4 weeks now and can't fault a thing about Coral and the build process!

Everyone's experience is different but I can certainly say we would highly recommend building your home with Coral we couldn't be happier!

Goldcoast

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

Five star experience so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

Building in Gold Coast. From the very beginning till now I haven't had any issues at all. Everything happening pretty quick. Sales consultant to customer service everyone had the time and patience to understand my need. Land purchased at the end of January, plan approved in the middle of April and work started just one week after. In two weeks foundation is done......So far, Coral homes has performed lot better than I expected. I am very optimistic that build quality will be superb as well. Only downside Clipsal (electrical )was very expensive, online consultation was not satisfactory and long waiting period on face to face consultation. Would highly recommend Coral Homes to others........

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

So far Its an amazing experience with Coral homes.......getting the home more than one and half months before the scheduled handover. Handover is now due on 4th of August (not 23rd September).....m... read more »

caloundra

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2016

..DONE THEMSELVES PROUD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

With delight I write these words of praise for my HAMPTON 26 that now approaches its first birthday.

Coral Homes have built a faultless home that I am very proud of.

I have had built for me several homes of the past twenty years ….some as investments and others as residences. I am pleased to say Coral have done themselves proud.

My decision to build the HAMPTON was mainly influenced by its low price…..so I kept my expectations at “entry Level”.

What a wonderful surprise to now have a house that has been quality built in a manner
definitely NOT to this somewhat derogatory tag.

The house has been really tested over the summer months with many guests…friends and family…filling all rooms. ALL have commented how well the home was built and what a great design…. with the “guest’s wing” allowing privacy and retreat.

With the HAMPTON having a small footprint, I have a great backyard….my block is just over 450sm… but the house design allowed me to order 210sm of lawn…wow!

The HAMPTON looks fantastic. The Sunset facade, which I had continued to all sides of the house, achieved the desired “Queenslander weatherboard look”. .

cheers and thanks again

john

Stunning home by Coral!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Our experience with Coral homes, from start to finish, has been A+. Our experience was very personalised as we progressed from consultation, to planning and approval, to siteworks. I truly felt valued as a client whilst we underwent the process of building. My site supervisor has been amazing and picked up and all the minor details. He was happy to hear any thoughts or concerns we had and answer our many questions. Right now, I have a truly amazing home and I can't fault a single thing. The quality is obvious to all our visitors. I would recommend Coral Homes to everyone and wouldn't hesitate to build with them again.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Very Impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I am a real estate agent and property developer. I used Coral for the first time to build 2 homes on neighbouring lots after seeing their work on other clients properties. Whole process was seamless and the build quality was great. After the 3 month maintenance period only repair was a dripping tap. Fast, efficient, brilliant value for money and very impressed with them. Will be using again without hesitation.

Love our house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

We absolutely love our house the build started off abit slow but when we got our site supervisor Adam it just flew by we are so happy with the quality of our home the trades pride in their work shows in every part of the house I don't think we would build again because we love our house to much to ever leave it!

1 of 5 pages