• 3 comments
Private message

Love their meat and bakery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I love Costco meat, not always cheap but good quality. Bakery is great prices. Membership is not always worth it tho, I don't find it all that cheap as you can wait for specials at coles or safe way and get cheaper. But Costco as said do have great meat and cakes.

• 4 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Great on quantity, meh on variety

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I wanted to buy the Vornado 660 in Costco through my friend who was a member. But we live far apart and I didn't want to make her travel so I ended up getting a membership myself.

I thought why not have a look. Like most people say, almost everything is sold in bulk quantities...I live in a shared house some distance away with my bf and I have no car, so I almost have no business here. But there were still items I wanted to look out for. I saw big tubs of Nuttelex Original but not Buttery. I saw Australia's Own Organic Soy Milk sold in huge quantities, but it was the only brand of soy milk that they have. I didn't find Bonsoy soy milk which is the only thing I'm willing to save through buying in bulk. They have a lot of things but not many brands to choose from for one particular item.

I think that Costco is probably worth it for large families, who have a car, and who have space in their house to spare. And it's also good enough for people who don't care too much for different brands and variety. Unfortunately they didn't carry the items I would be interested in other than the Vornado 660.

Needless to say I asked for a cancellation and refund of membership on the same day. And why did I give it four stars? Because they honoured their membership satisfaction guarantee and the membership application/cancellation process was quick and smooth. They also made it clear that all warranties on electronics/white goods are void if I choose to terminate my membership so I don't get nasty surprises later on, fyi. In that short period of 1 hour of membership I got my Vornado 660 $30 cheaper than the cheapest elsewhere, that's satisfying enough for me.

Verified Customer

Costco online insurance scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

As a Costco member I got quote for Auto insurance on Costco website and was redirected to Ameriprise, Effective date: 09/17/18, 6 month policy $2,947.00 and was charged $616.40 on same day, few week later i received a letter stating that they reviewed my policy scheduled to expire on October 25, 2018 due to driving history not meeting their guidelines, after that another letter came stating that there will be charge in the amount of $965.14 on 10/17/2018 for policy term 9/17/18 -3/17/19, then I got another letter stating: "You recently received a notice of pending cancellation of your policy. Please disregard that notice. Your policy will continue in force with no lapse in coverage.", So I called Ameriprise and asked them to cancel my policy because their new price is way to high and I've got a quote from other company and will switch to them. I called them on October 16 and asked to cancel policy next day, than I received notification that my Credit Card was billed by Ameriprise in the amount of $965.14, so I called Ameriprise again and asked about a charge, and their customer service rep told me that it's a valid charge, and they are not going to refund it, so I was disputing this and in the end they told me that they will refund me $290.63. So for one month of coverage they charged me $1,290.91
Shame on Costco for helping Ameriprise to scam their members
Will never believe Costco again!!!

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Worst ever Black Forest Cake. No fresh cream taste. Sour Cherry jam not enough. Weird Chocolate cake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

As titled worst Black Forest Cake I ever had. Typical American style. Buy this for your party and your guest will be very disappointed at you for being cheap and the cake on the plates will not be finished.

My background: Dessert Lover who love Fresh cream. Real ingredient. Correct Taste. Right texture. Fresh smell. I don't care about price, as long as it makes me satisfy.

Customer service of check out staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

Shopping on Christmas break full of customers suddenly no eftpos cash only every one looks each other what we going to do its poor management skills no one knows what to do with this situation, try to get cash out no from the machine no cash left. What a disaster for unprofessional staff no apologetic to the customers standing on the cued.

Private message

I'd say membership value is terrible value

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

So, there are two types of products at Costco. Products you can get elsewhere and products exclusive to Costco. The products you can get elsewhere, are usually cheaper elsewhere and are in more manageable quantities. So if you don't need 4L of mayo, get it from ALDI for half the price per. It's better valued and you don't need an extension on your house to store it.
The second type, are Costco exclusives, like their Kirkland brand stuff. It's pretty top shelf quality generally, but not cheaper.

So, if you want to save on groceries, go to Aldi. If you want Kirklands and can afford to pay more for things in general and have that house extension, get membership.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not sure - on the fence

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Not sure if I am a fan of Costco or not yet, I get that you can buy in bulk but I really don’t see it that much cheaper as people make out to be and the brands aren’t as great as you would get in Coles or Woolworths.

Australia

Private message

It’s okay for what it is

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Costco is advanced in ways where they provide a variety of products and we are able to taste test samples before purchase. However, there are usually one or two very rude workers who have no manners whatsoever, and ruin the rest of your shopping trip. Encountered one at Casula who needed to get a stick out her butt. She seem like she did not enjoy her job at all and don’t respond well to customers. By asking her about the product, she shrugged and decided to use a spray bottle to clean her sample station instead...

Upper Yarra

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

The Best Savings

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Costco is the most amazing company to purchase all your groceries from. Despite selling in bulk if you are clever and know your prices you can rotate your items of need into 3 to 6 monthly blocks. The store is professionally set out easy to find what you are looking for and the staff are all very friendly and keen to assist.

• 4 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

COSTCO Offers Bad Attitude instead of Customer Service, when the customers realised being OverCharge

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

It appears that I am not the first or the last person whom altered the stores about being overcharged for an advertised item at a lower cost, when I noted the error on my receipt before leaving the store recently.

It is also evident from the series of complaints about the same issue, COSTCO's people are trained to make customers to wait at least 10 Minutes, before they can make a Price Check on an item in there.

Then they literally throw the Overcharged amount at the customers, Without Expressing any Regrets or an Apology for the False Advertising an item and Holding the Customers to wait over 10 minutes to correct their "mistakes" of Overcharging.
I have found that Stores Supervisors Often are Very Rude and Crude type of People, lack the basic qualities and qualifications to deal with the Customers in there.

COSTCO have to realize that Australian Customers Deserve a Better Customer Service as Paid Members, than their Low Level of benchmark that may apply in the USA Stores.

Cooma Monaro

• 6 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Save a bundle with COSTCO Fuels

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

COSTCO have put competition back into the market in many products and now with fuels. Canberra used to be the dearest fuel between Sydney and the snowfields, but now its the cheapest thanks to COSTCO. Their fuel stop is by the airport and when they opened they were around 20 cents per litre less than the opposition. In Sydney, Costco fuels are as much as 30 cents a litre cheaper than Coles Express and around 15 cents a litre cheaper than 7/11.
Coles Express is always the dearest fuel. This week, Costco was 30 cents per litre cheaper than coles express.

Verified Customer

A Car Battery Order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Quite disappointed with a car battery order - just an Exide 50D20LMF for a Mazda 3. Called 3 times. No-one can give me an answer. No-one called back either. It's over two weeks now (1 Dec 2018)! (The Star was only put in as it's mandatory!)

Brimbank

Costco docklands

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

If you choose between Costco Docklands and Costco Epping.. goodness choose Costco docklands...It’s spacious.. items are easy to find... the food court has lots tables and chairs unlike in Epping..I mean yes it has its own gas station but that’s all I can say that’s good about it.. overall Epping Costco is a big no no for me.. and the staff at docklands are quite nice and friendly.

NGUNNAWAL

• 1 review

Rude and unfriendly staff at Costvo Canberra

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Very bad custom service staff at entrance and sample demonstration counters. No etiquette or politeness. My 12-year-old son got literally a shouting from a sample demonstration staff at Mozrealla cheese stick counter this afternoon at Costco Canberra. I had to literally rush to my son's rescue and said I am with him. The staff at the entrance also have no smiles or welcoming attitude but act as if they are the bosses. This had been happening for last three four months, earlier there was no problem. I am thinking of not renewing my membership as one can get better value for money with Coles specials and lot friendlier and courteous staff.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

WEEKLY SHOPPER AT COSTCO

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Im a weekly shopper at Costco! Love the bargains and especialy the variety and ease to shop. I can buy my vegetables to office supplies for my business and especially my baking supplies.

• 1 question
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Good for large families, still hard on wallet

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I tried the new Cost co at Epping, Vic.

First point: As everyone knows, Costco is about size. But here is the deal. Big Size = Big initial cost
Per unit cost may come down, agreed!!
But you must spend A LOT straight up. Budgets can go haywire in one trip to Costco. Here is how that happens.
Example: A family of 4 has a budget of $300 a week on groceries (I know its on the upper side). If they stick to local grocer /Aldi / Woolies / Coles, they usually are ok.
If they go to costco, they will spend the whole amount, but get no where near all groceries needed for the week. I agree that the tin of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 3-set Bathroom soap scum cleaner will last for 3 months.
But the budget for that week is definitely shot.
It is harder to return stuff due to long lines in returns.
Unless I missed a map or something, you have to spend hours looking for things. My list didnt work, since we went around everywhere and picked up random things as we found them.
Also, not everything is cheaper. My local Fruit & Veg grocer has far better prices.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Love it or hate it! We like it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

The membership is a bit steep every year $60 - but it’s worth it if you get petrol regularly and keep an eye out on specials. It’s easy to over purchase and bulk purchase stuff you won’t end up using and so the money you save gets wasted anyways! We love the food stalls outside - churros and Hot dogs are a popular treat! I recommend it overall.

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I have been a customer of Costco since it opened in Auburn.
Couldnt be happier, staffs at both the Auburn and Casula stores provide great customer experience.
The quality of their products are great, it is a wholesaler, therefore you are expecting to buy in bulk.

I am not why there are so many reviews.

Personally, I am very happy with their service and great range of products

• 6 helpful votes

Another Crappy US company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

I’ve been shopping at Costco Canada for over 20 years and never had a difficult time returning defective items. One of the main reasons I buy certain things at Costco given their prices are higher than Bing Lee etc. However, the store in Marsden Park makes the reforms process extremely difficult and i will not be renewing my membership once it expires. Another US business that’s going to end up closing down with their dodgy business practices.

Customer experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

It is an overpriced wholesale and bad customer services and doesn't trust customers like military checkpoints. Wasting of my membership money !!!

1 of 24 pages