• 1 helpful vote
Private message

only buy the fuel. it is cheap

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

Costco fuel always saves me $5-15$ per tank every three weeks,depends on the average price in the town.
I rarely shop in Costco, most of products are packaged in bulk loads, couldn't finish them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Braybrook

• 3 helpful votes

Disgrace to consumer

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

Costco wants to reduce overhead cost but two persons always there at the exit to cross check bill v/s goods. Really it irritates me. In billing not even a small bag can't escape through. One thing we have to appreciate those two guys they are faster than world highest technology, that they can compare whole load of trolley and bill just under 20-30 seconds. It's really disgrace to consumer and still people like this kind of treatement for their hard earned money just to save few penny

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes

Terrible Management of Customer Returns

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I feel absolutely compelled to review Costco (Moorabbin) now, although I have been a member there for a year. Firstly, the savings are not great at all. I've done detailed comparisons of my groceries from Costco vs Coles, Woolworths, Aldi and there is no savings when you consider weekly specials. They have different products and that's where the interest is. Very occasionally I have seen merchandise at great prices, but you need to do your research and its very much hit and miss. Petrol prices are good, but I swear there is a difference in my fuel economy when I use Costco fuel, so I am a bit sus. My huge complaint today, however, is with their returns - their whole system is appalling. I waited 40 minutes whilst only two people were ahead of me. It was singularly being served, the staff member was learning and it took 3 different managers (two Supervisors and one "Guru") to approve her transactions...but they weren't at the desk. She had to phone them to come and wait until they arrived before she could finalised a return. They saw the line of people, never apologised, never suggested the returns staff member serve on another register or save a transaction, etc whilst there was a wait. No call for additional staff assistance. I hate to make this comparison, but the US Costco has a returns policy that is amazing - they will take anything back no questions asked - its their motto, and you might wait a couple of minutes maximum as they move the line along. And, I'm talking every Costco I've been to there. My experience today has put me off Costco Moorabbin for good, I will not be joining again (but I will shop at US Costco as it is awesome).

Private message

Was very open, analysis not worth it for grocery but can be good for cloths.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2017

Got membership, I know my prices. Was very surprised as Aldi is overall better value for groceries. I got the free range eggs 18 pack, the worst tasting eggs, that are pseudo free range. Got large jar of sun dried tomatoes with bland near no taste. From what I can see, winners are some 501 jeans, jackets, business shirts etc. Lets face it , its a good thing that many US food products are not in these stores as they have the worst (FDA) backed preservative laden food in the world.
Fo me it was a long drive, I a deal on luggage, their groceries, Alcohol and meat I want (lamb Cutlets, free range chicken) is all more expensive than I can get at Aldi, Dan Murphys and most other supermarkets.
So worth a look maybe but overall I will not be there a lot and thanks to this forum will probably get a refund on membership. Support Aussie jobs, Trump bad :-)
Ps. helpful staff member got me another package of eggs after they fell from Counter , so no rude encounters like other reviews here.

Poor experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

Very poor customer service at the recent essential baby and toddlers show! One of the staff was unwillingly handing out show bags without even acknowledging customers. When I passed by Costco stand again later, the exact staff member sarcastically commented that 'you've already had a showbag' when I was clearly just passing by and stopped to have a look. Would have expected staff to have maintained basic customer service regardless of whether it is instore or at an expo

auburn

• 2 helpful votes

The best Super-Market to have ever hit Australian Shores

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I cannot believe anyone would rate costco anything less than 5 stars. It definitely by far the best value and best customer service supermarket to hit Australia. I think Australia has a long way to go in terms of customer service and prices at coles and woolies, if they don't pick up their act compared to these overseas giants such as costco and aldi and the likes Australian founded business have absolutely no hope in the future.

Private message

Horrible service that don't honour the warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Last year I purchased 2 tyres and a tyre fit and balance.
After 7 months I returned to Costco in order to honour the rights of the warranty, as one of my tyres has been going flat and I have driven over 10,000 kms since having the tyres fitted. Therefore, following the guidelines provided to me from the tyre centre. However, not only was I asked to wait 2.5hrs but when trying to book my car in I was told that I could not book in my car as I did not have a current membership card. These stipulations were never been communicated to me and are not on the paperwork provided. In fact, when we purchased the tyres they said they would honour the warranty for the life time of the tyres. Never was it mentioned that I still had to have a current membership.

• 6 helpful votes

Waste of Membership

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

As an American currently living in Melbourne... Australia controls EVERYTHING that comes in to their country. Costco Australia barely have any US Products save for the few Kirkland Products and some of the "basic" Hershey Candies and Chocolates.

Private message

That's just life. Don't trust anyone.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

If you plan on getting your tyres changed here, make sure you clarify which tyres you're having put on. By default, they'll always push their budget brand. I fell victim to this. I spoke on the phone to have my tyres replaced with performance tyres. I went to the counter and seemed the person knew about me calling in the morning requesting tyres. I naturally assumed he was aware i was after performance tyres. After installation, turns out to be the budget tyres. When confronted the person claimed he mentioned he was putting on budget tyres. Not once did i here this during our conversation. Said there was nothing he could do and that's just life.
Agreed I should have clarified the product but didn't realise i was dealing with crooks. Look out for [name removed], he's trouble.

• 2 questions

Hey [Name Removed] From Canberra

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

Your condescending smug approach to resolving issues with customers is unacceptable. I've spent more there in 4 years, then you will earn in your life time. But, carry on believing that you are a superior and reprimanding customers for returning BRAND NEW merchandise. Pointing to a policy change and enforcing it is one thing, being smug about it and adding your own agenda to reinforce how you believe it's the correct decision makes you just a .. i.e "oh geez you have returned a lot of stuff" .

I've had more than my fair share of faulty goods provided by Costco, but not once did I complain about it, nor make any big deal out of things I felt were handled improperly.

Unfortunately now the prices aren't really that far off full retail. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Have a good one "[Name Removed]"....

• 11 helpful votes
Private message

Ok but not suitable for small families

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

ALDI is best for me personally as Costco is more commonly for big families, small businesses and restaurants. More wastage due to bulk buying.

Canberra

• 6 helpful votes

Costco Tyres Canberra

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

having gone to Costco 3 times previously for new tyres .
I fronted up to the tyre section and told the person at the counter I needed some new tyres on my car .
here is how the interaction went .

me: gyday I need some new tyres on my car
Costco: What size do you need
me: Oh , sorry i don't know
Costco: you don't know the size of the tyres on your car ?
me : No I don't , is that a problem ?
Costco : of course it is , its your car , you should know the size of the tyres
Me : look what's going on here I just want to get some new tyres on my car

just then another Costco worker walked past so I said " excuse me " and motioned her over

Me: excuse me ... I was just wondering if you know what size tyres you have on your car ?
Lady Costco ( looking confused ) errrrr no
Me :( turning to the tyre guy) see other people don't know what size tyres are on their car
turn back to the Lady Costco " thankyou I'm just having trouble buying tyres "
Me : ( turning back to the tyre guy ) Look is there someone else that can help me
Costco : no I'm the guy that's in charge you deal with me

any way this went on for another 5 minutes . he was an indian dude .
I stormed out and went to one of the other 6 tyre places I passed on the way driving to Costco
they couldn't have been more helpful ........ and they aligned my tyres as well , something which Costco don't do .

Don't waste your time with costco tyres , go to your local tyre shop

Sydney

Private message

Very rude and poor customer service and broken processes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

Will not allow to go inside without membership.
They have moto membership guarantees to cancel anytime.
Got membershipship bought few items then cancel membership straightway and get refund. They had no choice than to refund it. Long story short What kind of stupid company will have these types of crazy rules ?
Woolworth is worth going than going to costco. Very bad service probably staff need to go on training including management. Total waste of time for their company and customer.

• 8 helpful votes

Worst customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

Went to return unopened Alcohol as bought too much for a function. Had receipt and was unopened. Costco would not accept the returns as my membership had just expired. They said that only way they would accept the return was to renew the membership. I felt that I was being held to ransom when I was there, The customer service members at the counter were very rude and didn't give a damn. After asking to talk to two managers and 20 minutes later they finally issued a refund. I found the customer service team were the worst I have ever dealt with and should not be interacting with the customers.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Not bad, but undercooked chook not good!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2017

Bought a membership today (first time shopping at Costco Moorabbin). Thought the cooked roast chicken was great value for its size, until i got it home and broke it apart. Thighs really undercooked and could have made someone really really sick...not good enough! Needless to say our dog had a great dinner tonight. Be very wary when purchsing cooked food from here.

• 2 comments
  • 30 helpful votes

Shocking food quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

Wont be buying food at Costco ever again. On Thursday 2nd March, from Costco Moorabbin, I purchased 2 bags of Turkish bread rolls, with a "best before" date of 6th March. We served these up at a dinner Sat 4th march ( 2 days before the "expiry" date) and several guests noted mold on their bread!! Disgusting and embarrassing. We should take the bread back and complain though it's not worth the 45 minute return trip. Will certainly return my membership card when next in the area

• 7 comments
  • 34 helpful votes

Used to come here a lot

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

I've done the math, savings you receive for buying here don't counteract the membership cost for our family of 3 unless we were to go here way more often. Add to that the annoyance of having to carry a $2 coin to use a trolley, and the huge queues during peak hour and it's a frustrating experience going here.

Also, the cafe food is not worthy of a dogs bowl. I don't care if that hot dog only costs $1, its not fit for human consumption.

Its just not worth the stress, now we just use coles or woolies online and have our shopping delivered. Easy, worry free and convenient.

• 11 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 19 helpful votes

Warranty proven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

We bought a high end Viera TV and it had a problem 2 years in. They refunded full purchase price. We just went into the store and bought a bigger one... Win win because the returned model is now 250$ cheaper.We needed a new one and have now confirmed that thier warranty does apply. instead of pocketing the cash we re-invested knowing that they are good to deal with.

Sydney

• 2 answers

Not fully cooked

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Sorry to say on few occasions we purchased the cooked chickens and the buffalo wings and every time they were half cooked and appealing to consume

Thanks. Antoine

• 8 helpful votes

Warranty on vacuum cleaner

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

We bought I-robot vacuum cleaner 1,5 years ago. It was a fantastic product, but started malfunctioning .... prior to buying it we checked conditions of warranty and were told by the manager that if we remain Costco members we can bring faulty appliance for exchange.
We brought our vacuum cleaner back on Saturday 4/02/17 and were told to go home and ring the manufacturer. We asked for the manager and tried to explain the conditions we were advised prior to buying the product. The manager asked what was wrong with the cleaner and stated " this was just a sensor, they will send you a replacement. I am a mechanic, this was obviosly not a sensor and we were not happy with the explanations. We asked for a written evidence of the change of the policy, but the manager refused to do so. She was going in circles about us needing to go home and ring the manufacturer. Will never buy electrical appliances from Costco. The company does not honour it's promises. This manager ( did not catch her name) ruined our weekend as the conversation was so unpleasant. She basically insulted us indirecly implying that we are abusing the system. Horrible experience. We are paying membership fees to be abused by the management. Unfortunately I can't find website to file an official complaint .

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes