Filter By:
Your filtered result has an average rating of 4 stars from 1613 reviews.
  • 1 question

Negative Star Rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Do NOT use this company find someone else... They do not cover flight cancellation even when we paid extra. Loyal customer for more than 10 years mean nothing NO customer service here... Just happy we didn't get sick. Disgusted ex customer.

Never again!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

After 8 months of fighting over a claim when my husband took sick overseas & had to attend a hospital overnight. Put in a claim & was rejected because my husband had had an operation for a complaint over 10 years ago, they said it was a pre existing condition. He is not on medication for any reason. We love to travel but will never use this agency again.

Insurance claim made

The insurance policy is completely disadvantages for non-New Zealand citizens

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

The support from the team was good but the policy conditions are too disadvantaged for non-New Zealander. I can't claim for the cancellation and amendment cost for my travel disrupt due to the unexpected thing happened to my family in my country. If you're not New Zealander, you shouldn't choose Covermore.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi CTTM, thank you for sharing your feedback. This account is for Cover-More Australia, but we will pass this on to the NZ team.
Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

Insurance claim made

We would never travel without Cover-More!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

My husband and I have always used Cover-More when travelling overseas and will continue to do so. We have had occasion to make two claims, one due to my sudden illness a day before a trip a couple of years ago and the most recent claim was a cancelled holiday due the death of my father. Cover-More dealt with both claims quickly and efficiently from start to finish. We cannot fault their service and have no hesitation in highly recommending Cover-More insurance to travellers.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Cas, thank you for taking the time to share this, and we're sorry to hear about your father. Thank you for choosing Cover-More and we look forward to being there for you on your future journeys.
Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance.

Absolutely Disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Mallaika, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have sent you a private message requesting some further information so we can look into this for you. Kind Regards, Cover-More Travel Insurance

Avoid Covermore at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

My wife and I booked and paid for an overseas holiday with Flight Centre, and accepted their recommendation to insure with Covermore. 2 weeks before our departure my wife required emergency surgery with no prior indications. Holiday cancelled, so we went back to Flight Centre to get a refund and claim the rest from Covermore. Flight Centre were very good and basically did all the work of getting refunds from airlines, hotels etc.. This amounted to about half what we'd paid, then the claim was lodged with Covermore. We have been through SO much rubbish with this company. We've supplied Doctors certificates, Doctors reports, claim information, verifications that the condition was not pre existing etc etc. Finally they accept and agree to pay - but they just don't pay! Last 'story' was that on the date they were to transfer our money they had a 'computer glitch' and payment didn't happen - and they didn't reschedule or advise, just...nothing. 4 mths now and still waiting. still calling... If you need travel insurance (and you do!) - do not use Covermore.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Nick, We're sorry to hear your wife became unwell and you were unable to take your holiday. It saddens us to hear you've had this experience when claiming so we've sent you a private message req... read more »

Terrible service and process

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I am in the middle of the claims process and find the treatment by Covermore to be disgraceful.
I've had no response to emails (2) and have had to hang up twice while on hold, both in excess of 20 minutes.
I experienced theft while overseas and having incurred significant additional expenditure, have received no positive communication from Covermore whatsoever - it is now 2 months since the incident and I am no closer to compensation or rectification. I cannot even replace the stolen equipment as they won't tell me if I will be reimbursed or get a voucher.
Just terrible.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Campbell,
We're very sorry to hear you've been having this experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and have sent you a private message requesting further information so we can investigate.

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great product - something you need to have when travelling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

It was straight forward to purchase, all necessary contact details provided for support while travelling.
Processing my claim was very straight forward, information required seemed very reasonable. Thank you for your help

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Rose, Thank you for your 5 star review! We're glad to hear you found the whole process straight forward, from setting up a policy to claiming. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us a... read more »

Wouldn't travel without Cover-more

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Policy was easily set up through the travel agent.
Included all the necessary requirements for travel.
Provided a quick easy reference card with details should we require advice or assistance.
Due to the children falling ill, we were provided prompt advice and our claims were handled in a professional and timely manner.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Gina, We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us. Thank you for sharing your experience. It makes us very happy to hear that your claims were processed quickly so you weren... read more »

Insurance claim made

A great support when we needed it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

We are so happy with the support and communication we had whilst our son was off colour on a recent USA trip. With our return flight looming we had to make decisions about what medical assistance to seek, who could stay back with him and what would be covered. Our questions were answered with clarity and Cover-More was always easy to reach. I was impressed by follow up communication to check how our son was, and with the quick and easy process of claiming. Our annual policy is well worth the premium.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Cindy, Thank you so much for your 5 star review! Sorry to hear your son was unwell while on holidays in the USA, but we're happy to have been there for you and your family when you needed us. We... read more »

Insurance claim made

Worst customer experience. If I could give a negative rating I would!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Policy was purchased through the travel agent, standard cover.
Customer service is absolutely disgraceful. I had to cancel my trip due to illness. It has taken nearly 8 months to resolve. I continued to contact Covermore by phone and email and nothing was done. I provided all of the material several times. I kept calling and calling and I was told lies. I pulled them up when someone finally told me that no-one had been looking at the matter for 6 weeks after a staff member left. It took them 4 plus months to get my medical records all b
ecause they did not obtain the invoice to pay the Dr for the records. The claim was accepted and I was finally paid partial refund. Gosh I hope the phone calls were recorded for training purposes!

You call and can't ever get to speak to the claims handler you call wait on hold some times in excess of 30-40mins only to be told the claims person will be in contact by email. Every time you send something through they take 10 days to respond but this is after they acknowledge receipt of the email so this could be 3 weeks at a time. You have no direct contact with the claims handler which is the worst part of the process. Had I been able to speak to this person I would have known what they were doing and I believe the claim could have been resolved many many months ago. I made a formal complaint and I was supposed to receive a call from the complaints manager - still waiting for a call back months later!
Worst experience ever and I will never ever purchase insurance with Covermore again!

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi there, We're very sorry to hear you've had this experience with us. When claims arise due to medical reasons, the claims processing time may take longer as we have to collect records from GPs/tr... read more »

Satisfactory experience. Thanks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

After having to cut short my surf trip through injury, it was satisfying to have my claim finalized without any hassles.
The claims team were professional & courteous, there was no quibbling over amounts or circumstances.
Thanks Cover-More, appreciate the prompt service.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Dave, We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. Thanks for your 5 star review and for sharing your experience claiming with Cover-More. We're happy to have been there for you when y... read more »

Couldn't be happier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

I thought the policy was excellent value and really easy to set up over the phone with wonderful service which I've had two claims would no hesitations of recommending to other people.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Julie, We really appreciate hearing about your experience setting up a policy and then claiming with us. It makes us very happy to know you were satisfied with your experience. Thank you for you... read more »

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2017

Baggage was broken on our holiday, submitted claim online. The claim was approved in less than 5 working days.
Thank you for your prompt service.
Policy was of great value & no hassle to set up with Flight centre.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Tanuja, Thank you for your 5 star review. Sorry to hear your baggage was broken on your trip, but we're happy to have been able to cover it for you. It's great to hear you were satisfied with ou... read more »

Car Damage Insurance Claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Rang, claim details taken over the phone, emailed required documents & in less than 10 working days received advice that the claim had been approved.
Thankyou for your efficient service

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Skylark,
We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us with a 5 star review. Thank you for sharing your experience claiming with us. We look forward to covering your travels in future.

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Don't use Covermore insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Lost my mobile phone on holiday, claim denied after covermore hid behind there "unless left unattended in a public space" fine print. This also despite Flight Centre stating on several occasions that we should be covered and arguing with Covermore that they were wrong to deny our claim. Will never use them again and take every opportunity to warn others.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hello, We're sorry to hear you had your phone stolen overseas. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Unfortunately, cover can not be provided for theft if the item was left unattended in a... read more »

Go shove your thieving company up your butt. Not only will you never get repeat business but it has already cost you potential new clients that we have warned off from using you.

Newcastle

• 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Not as easy as I thought it would be, however after numerous emails, claim was approved

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

It took some time emailing/calling back and forth to get my claim approved. I was disappointed with the time it took however in the end, the claim was approved.
I understand that insurers need to do their due diligence however it was a bit extreme the way I was treated.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Kenkira, Thank you for reviewing us. We really appreciate you providing your feedback as we continuously look to improve our products and services. Sorry to hear it took a while for your claim t... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Yes we thought our Policy was great value and very easy to set up with Flight Centre help and Customer Support was excellent.
Our situation was a sad one we had to cancel 3 days before our trip and Cover-More did show compassion to our situation

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Robsie, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're very appreciative of your 5 star review. Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip but we're happy to have been there for you when you ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Hire Car damage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

Had issues with damage to my hire car which was getting to boiling point. Having this insurance from Covermore made it easier to accept. I just made one phone call and provided a few details with an email and all was sorted in a matter of hours. So easy!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Shaun,
Thanks for your 5 star review. We're happy to have helped you through a stressful time dealing with damage to your hire car. We look forward to covering you in future!

Insurance claim made

Assistance with my cover more insurance claim.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2017

I would like to thankyou so much for the efficient service you applied to my telephone conversation and your prompt attention to my insurance. I have only dealt with cover more and once again thankyou Teresa Brown.

Comments
Cover-More Official

Hi Teresa,
We really appreciate your 5 star review and sharing your experience with us. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to covering your travels in future.

1 of 81 pages