Easy to follow, actually works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

The food was filling and easy to prepare. As I already ate quite healthily it was easy to adapt to. Knowing more high protein snacks (eg: Chobani yogurts) was very interesting. Still following the program to lose a few more kilos. It works! Only downside was no app for Android users.

Caloundra West Qld

• 1 answer

Loved this program

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I completed the 12 week challenge and lost 9kg as well as 11.5cms. The Protein balanced plan was the best for myself especially when I am such an active person. The food was awesome in as far as choices, there was plenty of meals to choice from if you are not a big fan of a particular meal for example. I went from not actually eating very well, I'm one of those people who never ate breakfast and always skipped meals, which we all know is unhealthy. When i started the TWD I looked at it as a healthy eating plan, not a diet as such, I was determined and was strict on myself and followed the menu plan recommended rather than doing it myself. The program was easy to follow and easy to track your meals & exercise once added to your diary. But I still had the occasional bacon & eggs as a treat. Never been a sweet tooth person so for me, that part was easy!
Would highly recommend the TWD plan to anyone serious about becoming a new YOU.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hey Christine, Thanks for sharing your experience here. TWD is designed to be flexible and includes an indulgence everyday, and your results are fantastic!

Great for Busy People

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Easy to follow, Great online resource. Simple easy recipes complete with weekly shopping lists. Flexible and easy to stick with Fantastic!
Should have done this years ago! Wasn’t hungry or tempted - got to my target well before the 12 weeks.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Great work to achieve your target Tracey D! Thanks for sharing here at Product Reivew.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Diet works but wouldn’t bother with the paid program

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Food portions take a little getting used to but plenty of great meals in the complete recipe book. It’s pretty easy to follow and you can easily make flexible changes when you need to. Weight comes off consistently even if you do no exercise above 5000 steps a day.
The app and website have its flaws and is the source of plenty of frustration. Customer service wasn’t anything special.
The books are great and you can get the exact same results for the same amount of work using the book(s).
Diet works great it’s only the app, website and customer service that make it lose stars.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hi Jarv, we're glad to hear you enjoy the Total Wellbeing Diet recipes! Regarding the customer service, if you'd like to provide specific details about your frustrations please contact us at feedba... read more »

I guess the start of being less than impressed was when functions weren’t working or foods weren’t added and I enquired, I was told that they wouldn’t be fixing it for probably 3 months.... which w... read more »

TWD the best decision I ever made!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

What a wonderful lifestyle change! I have learnt so much about good food and good choices. Who would of thought I could eat so much and loose weight and reduce my BMI. The support is fabulous , the new technology with the app is very user friendly.The recipes are delicious and easy to prepare. My family came along on my journey and we all accomplished some personal goals. Do yourself a favour and be surprised with what you can achieve, what have you got to loose besides weight.

Comments
TWD Online Official

That's great to hear you enjoyed the delicious recipes and were able to include your family with you on your journey. Thanks for sharing your story here Nicola :)

Great support, makes you accountable.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Loved the program and the online support. I found at times there was too much food, so I would be surprised if people were hungry on this program. The food choices were great and plenty of choices, loved having the shopping list to keep me on track. Tracking everything on line was easy, would recommend this program.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hi JulieG, Thanks for sharing your feedback here. It's great to see that you've enjoyed your Total Wellbeing Diet journey!

New habits learned - no more 'yo-yo' dieting

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

The CSIRO TWD is a wholesome way of life that teaches good habits for the long haul. The recipes are easy to follow and the food is delicious and loved by the whole family. There are many tools that are available to help you keep motivated. This program goes a long way to fix 'yo-yo' habits that most dieters have experienced.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hey Kate S, thanks for sharing your journey here at Product Review. We hope you continue to enjoy the benefits of the Total Wellbeing Diet well into the future!

Ballina

• 2 helpful votes

CSIRO The Last Diet I Will Ever Do

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

I started on the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet three weeks after having my gastric band removed, due to its failire. I hadnt been able to eat properly for quite a few years, not meats, not vegetables or fruit and definitely not breads and cakes.

I thought it would be just another failed diet.

This diet has re-taught me how to eat a balanced and healthy diet, but after 15 weeks I do NOT consider it to be a diet, but more of a lifestyle.

In the first four weeks I watched, counted, weighed and talked through every part of my day. I was desperate for this to work, so I decided to put in a lot of effort. I wanted to succeed. I weighed myself weekly and I took a photo of myself each week, and I think that that was the hardest part of the whole program. I hated that part, but beleive that it is a really important part of the process. I am glad I now have those photos to look back on.

By the end of week eight my attitude to food had changed. I started thinking differently. I caught myself thinking one day that I had to eat, so it might as well be healthy. What?

Then it was just easier.

At the end of my 12 weeks I had lost over 11 kg, which was a little over 10% of my starting weight.

During this program I was enciuraged to engage in some physical activity. I started by walking 1500 steps a day, that was all I could manage, but can now easily walk 15000 per day. I bought a bike and can now peddle 15 kilometres 3-5 days a week and I attend aqua aerobics 2-3 per week. What used to be an effort getting out of bed is now done enthusiastically.

I still have weight to lose, so I signed up for program 2.

I enjoyed helping and being helped along with the forums and facebook when it was tough, or I ate poorly, I will still do this and thats ok. I just wont do it everyday. I have learned about acceptance and not feeling guilty about it. Having others who were going through the same or similar things really helped me. There is always someone there giving you a boost. It is such a community of fellow CSIRO'ers. Lol.

If I could impart one thing that I said to myself before I started on the diet, it was "What do I have to lose? " And my answer was "only $199".

Well, i have lost my weight and in the process of receiving a full refund., so I am a winner all around.

If you really want a better life and a healthier one, invest 12 weeks in yourself. Make a start. I'm so glad I made that first step.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hi Margaret, that's so great to hear that you have achieved 11kg weight loss! That's fantastic, but even better is that you've improved your health and attitude to food and healthy eating! Hope you enjoy Program 2 :)

Rude customer service and they've taken a lot of money from me.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I signed up for the trial and didn't like the usability of the program - just not user-friendly - and a massive change in my health meant I needed to take a different path - it also affected my ability to work and therefore to pay for anything like this. I unsubscribed and believed myself to have left the program until I saw they've been helping themselves to $19.95 every month all year. I got in touch with customer service to find them very rude and dismissive - completely changed my attitude not only to this kind of program, but also to the CSIRO itself. It's a shame that this organisation is associated with it.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hi Jac T, we're sorry that you're unhappy with your experience with our member services team. We'd really like to understand your concerns and resolve any concerns. All feedback is greatly valued t... read more »

Adelaide

Completely Misleading Scam to Make Money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

This is a complete scam, website lists comparison of Upfront fee vs ongoing monthly fee and states a saving by paying upfront, however, the truth is that they charge you upfront and then charge you an ongoing fee too!! Incredibly misleading and deceptive way of enticing users to pay upfront and then not clearly allowing an option to move to their "loyalty program". The only "loyalty" here is the loyalty to CSIRO charging your credit card. I have never signed up for a once of payment for anything, that then moves you to a different program without your express permission, or giving adequate warning that you are moving to a different payment structure. I am currently awaiting a refund and response to how they justify this method of doing business....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hi LNS, we're sorry to hear you are unhappy. We’d love to speak with you directly to understand further your troubles with the program, especially your payment concerns. We do try to make it clear ... read more »

Diet? What Diet!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

I have a health issue that makes my muscles weak so I was putting on lots of weight through inactivity. I love the exercise program as well as the variety in the meal plans. I have lost 7.5 kilos and hit my goal weight. I am not a good cook, I cook for necessity only and I found this “Diet” really easy to follow and the recipes are simple and fast to prepare. I found myself cooking these vegetables and using condiments, herbs and spices that I would not normally attempt to go near. My husband keeps teasing me, saying I am now a gourmet chef haha! I now enjoy cooking thanks to the CSIRO TWD and will continue this new way of cooking, eating and exercising for a fit and healthy future.
I also loved the weekly shopping list and quantities to buy so I never had any waste. I just pressed on 2 people and recalculate and I had a shopping list for both my husband and I. The meals really filled me up and I was cooking the same thing for my husband but an extra amount and he too has lost 6 Kilos and found himself not needing any exrtra food. We can have our indulgences without feeling guilty and that satisfy our cravings. I have now bought a CSIRO Recipe book to enjoy.
I am eligible for a refund which makes this program even better so all I had to lose was the weight and I did it. Remember to add a weekly Photo with the weekly Weigh-in as this is in the fine print for the refund policy.
A suggestion for CSIRO, I noticed a lot of people upset with the fact they didn’t do a weekly photo so are not eligible for a refund so why not add this Photo reminder in with the weekly reminder to Weigh in that was sent each week?
Very Happy and Thank You
Deleece

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hey Deleece, congratulations on reaching your goal!! It's great to hear that both you and your husband have been enjoying the program, and will be continuing to use our recipes in the future. Thank... read more »

Verified Purchase

The answer to the eternal question "What's for Dinner Tonight"

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Plenty of choice in the menu especially once you get a handle on the food groups and limits. I used the online program so I had a set day to report my weight. I did do the "post a photo every week" to earn a refund on Program 1. I find this "weigh-in" to be motivational, even on the weeks when things didn't quite go to plan. Facebook forum is useful and I like to hear the stories from other people with similar problems and goals to mine. All ages. Very encouraging. I have enrolled in Program 2 to continue making progress for the above reasons.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hey IsuzuLu, that's great to hear you found the regular weigh-in's to be motivational even when life was quite going to plan! We hope you continue to enjoy the next 12 weeks of Program 2 :)

Terranora

Private message

A way of life, rather than a diet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I signed up for this program with a very open mind. I was keen to lose some weight and was prepared to give it a go without stressing too much on the outcome . Twelve weeks later, I have lost just on 14 kgs and have dropped more than a size in pants. In fact I’m able to wear shorts and trousers that have been hiding in the bottom of my drawer. Above all I feel terrific. The great thing about this program is its flexibility - if there is a particular food that you wish to substitute then you are free to do so, as long as you remain in the same food group. The program is very easy to follow with suggestions for menus, exercises and it includes a tracker to keep you informed of your progress. Is it sustainable? In my case the answer is yes! I also qualified for the full refund which of course is a great bonus - just remember to send a weekly photo and your weigh in results. Pretty simple!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TWD Online Official

Congratulations on your success! It's great to hear you not only reached your goal weight, but also that you're feeling great too. All with the bonus of receiving the refund!

Private message

Great program, and great results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

This program, the Protein Balance Total Well-being Diet really worked for me and I happily recommend it. I did need to be prepared for the extra time in the kitchen but it was worth it as I’m a lot healthier (and I’m lighter too). The food was really satisfying, and my family even enjoyed it. There is a reimbursement available for this program, so if you are interested then make sure you know what you need to do first so that you aren’t disappointed later. I managed this with no issues.

Comments
TWD Online Official

We love hearing when members are happy with the food and recipes, especially when you can share it with the whole family! Congratulations on improving your health, and achieving weight loss at the same time :)

Great way to lose weight !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

A good way of losing weight. I used a few recipes but with my busy lifestyle I enjoyed a basic routine. I enjoyed watching the video clips about the diet also.
I followed the instructions and am getting a refund.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hey Angie, great to see you were able to fit the program into your busy lifestyle. There are plenty of ways to use the program to fit any schedule, and get your refund too!

Success and very happy with the program.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

Completed the 12 week program and succeeded in losing 10kg. Am on the loyalty program to continue with losing weight and solidifying dietary changes.
The program was simple to follow and I was free to use as much or as little of the program as I could.
For example, did not use many of the recipes as I work long hours and prefer a regular routine to my diet, this worked well.
Also did not have much time to include a deal of extra exercise, but still lost the planned 10kg.
Spent my $199 and for a non-commercial program would not have been upset if there was no refund, but I fulfilled the simple easy to follow instructions and get a refund - how can you lose.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hey Trev, congrats on achieving your initial target! A great result for you and we hope you continue to see the benefits of the Loyalty plan :)

Adelaide

Private message

Misleading unhealthy program - do not join

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

This program was deceitful in that i thought i was signing up to a program where i would get a refund if i stuck it out until the end. Now customer service are saying that i signed up for a different program where i am not entitled to this refund and wont explain to me why. Do not rely on getting your money back as they are just there to make money and rip you off. They also state that if you are vegetarian you can do the diet but you absolutely cannot. This diet is very heavy around meat, dairy and eggs. You will lose weight but this is by no means a healthy way of eating that much meat. The meal plans are boring and repeat themselves.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TWD Online Official

We're really sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the the program both the refund and the vegetarian options, we've reached out to you and hope that we can resolve your concerns.

TWD Online Official

Hi Weese, thanks for connecting with us at the Total Wellbeing Diet. I hope the outcome resolved your concerns about the program and that you were satisfied with the outcome.

Brisbane

• 6 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

They don’t want to give you a refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2018

Missed out on uploading 5 pictures and this was the reason used not to refund my $199. Met all the other criteria. Honestly logged weight each week even when there was no weight loss and even a gain one week -did not upload pictures for these weigh ins. Loaded pictures at the start and end and in between but that not good enough for the tough assessor. Also, did not receive notification when the 12 weeks had ended. Without notification my credit card was promptly charged $19.95 which is the signal that the 12 weeks was up. Very disappointing from an organisation promoting interest in your well being.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TWD Online Official

Hey deed, sorry to hear you are disappointed with this outcome. We do have a required criteria in order for members to be eligible for the refund; unfortunately if this criteria is not met we are unable to provide a refund.

perhaps you should remind people to also upload their photo at weigh in

TWD Online Official

Thank you for providing this additional feedback deed. This has been forwarded to our team for further review.

Read the small print

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2018

I signed up for a package including cook book $188.00 but did not read the small print that monthly payments of 19,95 would come out $100.00 later extra i am mad at myself and also the small print. The plan itself is okay.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
TWD Online Official

Thank you for your post Melinda, we do value all comments provided by our members and feed this back into the program. If you have any further comments we’d be happy for you to email feedback@totalwellbeingdiet.com

Very achievable weight loss

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

I liked having the structure of a daily meal plan that I could adjust to suit my tastes and lifestyle. Being able to print a weekly shopping list was great and reduced trips to the supermarket. I had a good steady weight loss without following the exercise plan - just walked regularly and continued twice weekly zumba class. The website is a bit clunky but I became accustomed to it and have signed up for program 2 so that I can reach my goal and continue enjoying the menu plans.

Comments
TWD Online Official

Thanks for your feedback Catro60, we're always looking to making improvements to make it easier for members to reach their targets. We hope you enjoy your time on Program 2 and beyond!

1 of 11 pages

I am interested in the diet I have the wellbeing diet books 1 and 2 ,is this diet the same, or is it the low fat diet? which i do not want, with the books it says men should lose weight on 7000 or 8000 , but when i do my calculations from the book 1 i need more food than that , iam M H193 W123k A65 or do i get a more or better help with joining on line , and if so can 2 of us do it on the one membership My wife is a diabetic type2 Any info would be great help?

David7321 asked on Oct 18, 2018

Answer this

It’s basically the same diet but the protein is being spread across the meals a bit more. I’m a male and the program I was put on was 6000kj so 7000-8000kj is probably correct.
Only one person can do it per membership if you are wanting to use separate apps or trackers as it won’t work properly if multiple people try to use the same account.

Hi David, whist the program does focus on low fat options, I found the high protein low GI worked well for myself. There is the option of discussing your concerns with qualified nutritionist through the program to offer assistance, on any concerns you may have. There is also the online facebook support group with a lot of guys going through the plan who would be more than willing to offer you moral support throughout the program. Once you join the program and put in your details, this will calculate the required menu plan for you, you can have extras along the way from the indulgence list and there are many snack options as well. Jarv is correct in saying only one membership per person and your wife would require a different plan. I would join and give it a go, what have you got to lose? We will be there along the way for support & you can email the CSIRO support team at any time with any questions/concerns you may have. I hope my answer has helped somewhat. Good luck on your journey.

I am adult enough to realise that I have psychological issues around food. I love it - I love the social factors of it, preparing it, eating it. How does this program address this element of the weight-loss process? I am a “Foodie”/“Craver” and am so scared of another attempt to lose weight, without addressing the psychology behind my relationship with food.

Caroline B asked on Sep 03, 2018

Hi. I am overweight and a coeliac. I purchased the first csiro diet book many years ago, saw the recipes and decided it was all too hard. Now that I understand dietsry restrictions against my naivety years ago, how is this diet program and book any different to if I chose to go it alone with the first edition book?

Coeliac Wendy asked on May 02, 2018

Answer this

Hi Wendy, we didn't buy the book, instead joined the program on line. As far as I'm concerned, the benefit is that they provide a weekly menu and shopping list.
Every day of every week the meals are different (variety is good) so they do the figuring out of calories, etc for me. Hope it helps
Good luck

Hi I have 2 CSIRO Books from years ago and yes I used some of the recipes but didn’t really stick to it. The diet program has each day set out for you with optional changes. You can also track you food and exercise with the Tracker online. The high protein, low GI is the program I used. I found the online program makes you more accountable and if you do you weigh in and a photo each week for the 12 weeks and lost weight you can apply for a refund at the end of the 12 weeks. Which I received. Because of a medical condition I lose weight slowly and I lost 5 kg. I am on my second 12 weeks now and still losing slowly. The program also comes with an exercise program. I didn’t use this as I go to exercise classes, but they did look good. There is a forum that you can ask questions or get other ideas from other participants. I believe it is a diet I can stick to for the rest of my life. I thought I was eating well before but this change is much more filling and nutritious than what I used to eat. I hope this helps.

See all 4 questions about CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet