Newcastle

• 3 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2018

It was promoted on TV and the press as a healthy,easy and quick way to lose weight. I paid for the program as it sounded great and easy,. It turned out to be an expensive way of eating especially if you cook for 1 or 2 people and not very practicable . Some weight loss at the start then the weight plateaued and refuse to budge,(for 1 month+) even by reducing the food intake even further. I emailed several times and always got a "generic answer" no help from a dietitian that was promised. The website is difficult to understand, and once your membership has expired you can no longer access the recipes. Be AWARE unless you officially cancel the membership (even after completion), you will be charged an automatic monthly membership charge. I saw the CSIRO promoting yet another diet on the TV a few days ago, be warned check it out first.

Verified Purchase

Too fancy meals

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

I found the meal plans not nice and unable to stick to. No weight loss.
I felt I was relatively on my own with little support.
Definitely not worth the money.

Melbourne

Total rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

I thought I was signing on for 12 weeks, not the rest of my life. Be very careful if you are thinking of signing up for this. They just keep taking the money out of your account for ever. When I tried to complete their online survey and I gave them a very bad score, all of a sudden they were experiencing technical problems!! They suggested I try again later. Mm no happy.

Melbourne

Private message

Keep charging without your knowledge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

I too was conned. Paid 12 week fee. But small print at the bottom is that they keep charging you unless you cancel membership. Not like Michelle Bridges which stops when the program stops.
I've been in contact and they have stopped my payments but not refunding me $160 overcharged. They had audacity to offer me another program. Please complain to VCAT as this is misleading behaviour.

What A Con

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I subscribed to the program and received a free book. When the book arrived I realized this program was not for me as the food was not what we eat (we are meat and veg people). I decided not to go ahead with the program and did not activate it. Now I find they are stealing $19.95 at regular periods from my credit card and there is no way I can stop it. I can't send an email enquiry as no matter what I write in the subject matter it just keeps telling me subject matter cannot be blank and refers me to a number of frequently asked questions. Keep well clear of this program unless you want to be paying for the rest of your life. Just another diet con, to fund the CSIRO. As if it isn't bad enough being conned out of $149.00 to have to keep paying is over the top.

• 1 question
Private message

Not really sure what this was.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

The food plan is obviously sound, coming from CSIRO, however the app was too frustrating to use. I absolutely do not understand how the online program charged the price that it did. $15 would have been more appropriate. It does not compete with 12 wbt or any other online program. The cookbooks are good but the units system they use is complicated & the online database is very very limited, making it a frustrating experience.

Private message

Diet great, recipes great, didn't have a problem with the website

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

I'm surprised at some of the comments re the website. I didn't have a problem with it at all - but I am perhaps more computer savy than some. There were a lot of things I really liked about this diet! I started the diet because it was a couple of months before Christmas and I realised I hadn't lost the extra kilo's from the Christmas before .. so post Xmas weight before December already. I had done the Healthy Diet Score and realised my eating habits weren't as healthy as I thought. I liked the food a lot but it took me a while to get used to not having rice or pasta or potato with every main meal. I liked the way you can keep track of your weight and measurements. Also the excercise plans were great, even though I didn't manage to adhere to them. I did excercise when I could and let's face it - the bit I did do was a lot more than what I did before I started the diet. I really liked the fact that you can get a full refund after 12 weeks as long as you comply with the terms.
In conclusion - I achieved my target weight, it has been 10 months since completing the program and have maintained that weight. I excercise a lot more than I used to (still not as much as I should but I'm ok with that). I got a great recipe book that I still use for myself & my family. And it all cost me about $19.95 because I wasn't quick enough to cancel the contract after my 12 weeks were up so was one monthly payment out of pocket after getting a full refund of the initial sign up fee - what's not to like about that!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Diet ok; website terrible - buy the book

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

My husband and I wanted love to lose some weight and we did not want to do a fad diet. The diet itself is good BUT the online component is terrible. Despite having access the 8 books of recipes the meal planner has only a handful of recipes each week. No way to add recipes into the meal planner you have to manually type in the values EVERYTIME. No dairy free option, so like me if you are lactose intolerant is too bad too sad (the website, actually state the most people who are lactose intolerant can have a little bit of dairy - full marks for gas lighting). Placed a refund "ticket" the day I signed up after realising that it was not suitable for me (re:lactose intolerant) and got a response 6 days later, but I did get a refund. Husband is enjoying it tho, so there that. In short try the diet via the $40 book not via the $150 website.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Great if you are computer savvy, otherwise waste of money

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

This diet would be good for anyone who is remiss in their knowledge of a good diet or portion control. However, if you cannot use the 'online' aspect of the program as I couldn't, it's a waste of money. I'm not computer savvy and I found that the 'online support' offered as part of the program, was no support at all, which was very discouraging.

• 2 comments

Science great: recipes not

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

I'm sure the science is impeccable. The recipes, however, are fiddly, time consuming, expensive and often an odd combination of tastes. Did the scientists make them up themselves? The recipes on the New Atkins website are simpler, more appetizing and more realistic.

Disappointing, complicated

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

New Low Carb diet too complicated for those of us living hectic lives. Books one and two much easier. I feel like these guys have just climbed on the diet bandwagon with not a lot of thought for the reality...juggling work, kids, family etc. No time to prepare the suggested meals especially for breakfast and lunch. Dinner suggestions ok. Books one and two very straight forward and easily prepared. Will go back to them. Really disappointed!

Good eating plan ...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2017

I followed the basic food plan rather than the day to day food plan as I rather eat to my own menu rather than what others tell me to eat. It is a well balanced plan n and the fact you only have to excercise for half an hour a day is practical the only thing is the ammount of red meat they tell you to consume is to much and far to expensive and besides Ive never eaten that much in my life I much prefer chicken anyway. So Im going to substitute. Maybe salmon twice a week red meat once and chicken 2 nights a week. Also 100gms of processed ham is not good for you too mush salt perhaps the CSIRO should tweak this as wouldnt it lead to higher blood pressure.

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

The Diet Works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

When I first looked at signing up for this diet, I came to Product review and all I could find were complaints about the computer glitches and the continued "unauthorised" direct debit $19.95 per month after the 1st 12 weeks had been completed, all covered under the terms and conditions on signing up. Really all you had to do was read the fine print. The online software is a bit glitchy, but I've joined a number of online weight loss programs and they all have problems. I haven't found the Total Wellbeing site to be any worse than them. I need to be accountable every week which is why I joined the online version, if you don't need that accountability than the book is great. No matter what way you go, buy the new Complete Recipe Collection Cook book, it is so worth the money and keeps you from getting bored with your meals.

Now about the diet, I am in my 50's, menopausal and unable to exercise hard anymore due to a back problem. I have been on Lite & Easy (didn't cheat, except for the odd meal out and after 10 weeks lost only 3 kgs, I have tried all the other popular diets that are out there and have had no success after the 1st 3 kgs.

To date after 7 weeks I have lost 5.4 kgs and have only gone off program twice, I have not craved any foods, especially chocolate which had always been my downfall. I was mildly hungry the 1st 2 weeks but now find I can get through the day without constantly thinking I need something to eat.

The diet is very much like weight watches about 20 years ago and is so to easy to follow once you know your daily allowances. The food is varied and I found that I love cooking again, after raising a family it had become a chore, now I love all the different flavours and how quick the majority of the meals are to prepare and cook.

As so many have said in the books as testimonials, it's a lifestyle change and one that is easy to implement. If you're confused about the right way to lose weight, you should try this diet. It educates you and helps you to understand what is a proper portion size, something we've all gotten confused about in the last 10 years or so.

Good Luck and I hope I've helped in some way.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Buy book instead.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Had trouble with online diet, couldn't log in at all, sure diet is great but buy book instead, there's no help from online people. hope to get my money back in account now, we'll see!

• 3 helpful votes

Unauthorised Direct Debt Charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Great diet yet don't try and get in contact with them! Customer service is non existent. The only option is email and they don't care to respond. When the concern is related to unauthorised monthly direct debts one would think a reputable organisation would make an effort to respond in a timely manner or better still at all!! Very disappointing.

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Easy book to follow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Bought the book ages ago, but only when my husband had dangerous cholesterol and blood pressure, and also I was overweight, I did something. I went through the book, simplified for our lifestyle and hey presto. Fabulous. My husband's cholesterol dramatically fallen, blood pressure excellent after 6 weeks. His cardiologist was most impressed and asked what he was doing. I too have lost weight. Feeling good too and skin is better. Book is enough to make a lifestyle eating change.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

It works!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2017

Ok, i can see that some people are not happy with how they manage the buisness side, but when it comes to reviewing the actual diet i could not imagine anyone giving it less than a 5 out of 5. This diet, or more like way of living works and makes sense. Just at times we all need to be reminded of our portion sizes and what not to eat. 100% recommend this diet to most people. Obviously if you have certain diet restraints, you should be directly speaking with a specialist.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

What a rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I though I had cancelled through a email only to find out 12 Month later they are still taking $19.95 out of my bank each month. what for I will never know as I have received nothing from them. They have never returned Emails or phone messages and I could never get through to a operator just messages Which they never have returned. since they wont stop taking money out of my account ill have to get the bank to stop it.

Ongoing charges confusion

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Feel totally ripped off by this program. Why not address the issue of monthly deductions of 19.95 after finishing the contract. I also was not aware of this.Why can't you ask at the end of the contract if people wish to continue. We all obviously feel the present practice is not a good one. Honest approach goes a long way. You are giving the program and the csiro a bad name. Buy the book from an op shop. Forget the online.

Benette green Newcastle

Private message

I have some problems with it !

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2016

Is it just me or is there others this is what I am asking . I have bowl problems with it ,so gastric and I am left with a itchy anise felling so tied I can't stay awak . I am really no function. I am sticking to it and losing weight was wondering if it get better ?

Comments

Yes the same happened to me. I added quinoa to my night meal and yougurt three times a week fix the problem still lost around kilo or so a week .

1 of 7 pages