Review rating:

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great Microwave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Have had this microwave for almost two months now and I love it. It's much quieter than my previous microwave and it works great. The push buttons do take a little getting used to, but once you know where to push, they are just fine. The door is very easy to open and close too. We've been closing it a little too hard, at least at the beginning because our previous microwave was harder to open and close, but this has not affected the microwave at all. I prefer the handle as opposed to a push button to open. I also like the fact that when you press stop, or open the door when it is beeping at the end of the cook cycle, the beeping stops.

BLAXLANDS CREEK

Date Purchased: May 2018

Well worth trying.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Sleek design and excellent cooking power. I've only had it for a few weeks so I still need to learn and test out the more sophisticated features. Simple heating works just fine. Cooking vegetables works fine. Defrosting my breakfast sausages works better using the Inverter technology compared to my previous microwave oven. Softening the butter stick in my corn on the cob butterer by setting the power level to P2 also works better than in my previous microwave oven.

Mount Crosby

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Versatile steamer oven.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I've been using this oven for about three months now and I'm having fun experimenting with it.
If you have any doubts, just buy it. It's fun to use and it's very easy to clean. Can't wait to cook some ribs in it and some sweet corn. This oven is perfect for two people. Not a family of six.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

This is a great micro-wave, belying the low cost.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

So far, I love this. I haven't tried the grilling, yet, but will update after I do. The basic operation is smooth and easy. I looked for one that turned on the light when I open the door and not just while cooking. Nice size, fits under my corner cabinet perfectly with plenty of room in front of it to move food around. Push a number, you get that many minutes of cooking. Easy 30 second start one-touch warmup, too. Very convenient.

Winchelsea

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Perfect oven, very good for making bread.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I wanted to take my bread making to the next level. I can proudly say that, with the "BREAD" setting & starting off with steam, I can now bake some of the best sourdough bread I've ever had.
Perfect oven, very good for making bread, for a fraction of the price of a combination oven. A larger model, able to handle baguettes would be simply fantastic.

Beverly Hills

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Perfect addition to our kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

It is a very versatile tool. So far I have used it to warm expensive leftovers from a restaurant dinner and to cook fish. I am still having fun experimenting with it.
RE difficult to clean: The instruction book states you can use the steam function without food in the oven to loosen any food stuck to the walls, let the oven cool, then wipe the walls with a cloth or paper towel while still damp. I followed this procedure and cleaning was easy

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

It's worth having!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Using the CSO-300 is nearly effortless. The knob presents you with a semicircular array of nine cooking modes, each one with its own icon and default settings. It's a surprisingly intuitive machine given its expansive functionality, and much easier to work with than toaster ovens that use multiple knobs and buttons. The CSO-300 will even automatically detect how warm the oven is at the start and adjust the cooking time accordingly. If your roommate made toast just before you and the oven is still warm, then your toast won't take quite as long.

No matter what mode you use, the CSO-300 will work with the timer, automatically killing the heat as soon as it reaches zero. There's no way to leave it on indefinitely, which is a reassuring safety feature in case you ever forget that you're using it. You can set the timer for up to two hours, and if you need to cook for longer than that, you can always add more time midcycle.
The uniformity of heating is amazing, and even doubts about your glasses.

Purchased at: Amazon

Sydney, MAROUBRA

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Perfect small combo steam and convention oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

This what every household should have. For small quantities of food this is the oven to use, no need to reheat the oven. Used all the methods of cooking, a combination roast and steam a chicken, lobster - moist and juicy. Steam vegs, but may need touch a little more time to cook, ensuring all vegs are cut evenly. Baked fish - delicious and uniform.

Be sure to adjust your tray section prior to cooking, and be mindful of the temperature setting when using the oven.

A great buy.

• 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great Small Oven,

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

This bench top oven is excellent for one or two people. You can do anything in this you would do in a much larger oven in small quantities. It is economical to use and heats immediately. The heating settings are accurate. It is excellent for toasting scones or buns. It is an excellent substitute for a large oven for cooking pies, quiche, potato bake etc. It fits easily on a normal bench and is particularly handy as the surrounds don't heat like a conventional oven does, hence the kitchen doesn't heat up in summer. I'd recommend this for anyone who lives in a small household.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Takes a bit of getting used to

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

We bought this oven after reading other reviews. It's quite sturdy and fits on a conventional bench. We only have a wood burning stove so wanted something for the summer months. I've only used the steam function once and felt it wasn't necessary for cooking tomatoes but I wanted to give it a go, following the recipe in the instruction book. I tried making sausage rolls and had a lot of difficulty with the pastry until I turned the temperature up to 230 degrees, after which I didn't have any more problems. It's great for reheating store bought pastry products or other pre-made meals and the dial for setting the function, temperature and time is easy to understand. This oven has a 2 year warranty with offices in Australia and New Zealand. I bought it online at Myer and picked it up from the store which was very easy and meant that I had some reassurance that the oven could be returned easily if I there were any problems.

Purchased at: Myer Gifts Online

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Geelong

• 1 comment
  • 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2017

I love this oven!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

I was really keen to get a portable combi steam oven, and I found the Cuisinart CS0300NXA on special at Myer. I am so happy I bought it, it is better than my normal oven, so it’s the only oven I use now. I reheat leftovers in it rather than using the microwave, I steam, roast and bake. It is so versatile, and it is surprising how much you can cook in it. I went out and bought some new cookware in sizes to fit it because I love using it so much. I just wish there was a whole cookbook released especially to use with it.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Perfect purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I am so happy with this oven from the day I purchased it from Myer. It is perfect for toasting bread, baking cakes, grilling meats, and warming food. I would purchase it again if I was going to choose an oven again. The self clean option is good but I find it a bit difficult to clean the remained pieces of food after self-clean.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 review

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

The little steam oven that could!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

This is a fantastic little entry level steam oven. I develop consumer recipes for several premium appliance brands and regularly use the most expensive inbuilt combi steam ovens on the market (Gaggenau). While you get what you pay for with a top end plumbed combi steam, I can't fault the Cuisinart for functionality. It cooks really well on the combination functions, steams perfectly and cleans up pretty easily. It doesn't have a fan, so the evenness of cooking isn't the same as what you'd get in a high end model, and it's not huge. But overall I'm really impressed.

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Love, love, love this oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

I have had this oven for so long and it is such a great oven. Steams, grills, toasts, bake, etc. Anything you want to make, it does it. Price is also such great value. It is the best value appliance in my kitchen. I cannot live without it. What else can I say.

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2016

This is the best minimalist appliance with maximum usage possible

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

I so love this oven. It toasts, bakes, grills and steams. It warms and keeps bread rising but I've not used it for the latter as yet. Plus it cleans itself. It also takes up much less space and is of excellent stainless steel quality. A very green product in my books. Highly recommend it to those who don't need a big oven, or wish to have an alternative from the big oven cook up.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Fantastic size, function & look

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Cuisinart deliver with price, it's high quality, consistency in cooking, practical size, energy efficiency, it's good looks and functionality.
It is diverse in its repertoire of cooking options, it is a time saver, dish cleaning saver and works really well in my butler's pantry.
You can buy other teams that can be used to cook with such as pizza tray. The crumb tray is a great touch and useful making it better than a regular over. It's self cleaning function is really handy something my standard sized oven (also new) doesn't do.
Looking forward to getting more cuisinart appliances.

SYDNEY

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

My favourite appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

What a great introduction to steam combination cooking - a mini oven with all the functions of toast, grill, convection bake but adds 4 steam settings - steam bake/ steam grill/steam only/superboost steam . So you can use steam only for cooking vegetables , fish or chicken , switch to super steam for rice , steam grill is great for fish (I cook salmon perfectly) or the the best steam setting is steam bake - this is ideal for cooking vegetables (as it browns) and meats as it uses convection heat to brown but adds burst of steam during cooking. This gives chicken and lamb a very moist and juicy texture but browned outside. You will love it . I also use steam only for reheating plates of leftovers as it doesn't dry foods out like a microwave can.

Plus its so easy to just quickly cook small portions such as a pie or bread rolls in a smaller oven than using the large one so i find im using this much more often. Has a big water tank that is easy to refill and lasts for weeks of use. Control dial for settings is very easy to use . I also like the fact it is built with stainless steel on the interior and exterior not just cheap tin metal but like all compact ovens its exterior gets hot whilst baking so it needs to sit on a benchtop and not built in

Perth

• 5 helpful votes

Does everything!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2016

Very impressed with all types of food cooked in this device. Meats and vegetables really benefit from the steam moist heat cooking. This method also reduces cooking time. The controls are simple and easy to negotiate, self clean function very handy. It comes with a comprehensive recipe book. The convection function on its own is great for making cakes and other baked goods.

Excellent results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2015

This is an amazing oven that gives great, consistent results. The steam function is really useful. The only part it is lacking in is size, but if you're getting a countertop oven you should already be aware of this limitation among all such devices. It's larger than almost all competitors. I can get around a 2kg roast in there.

The main competitor of this is the breville one with slow cooking feature, they're pretty much the same, it comes down to whether you want the slow cooking or steaming feature. As far as oven use you can't go wrong with either one in my opinion.

Personally I'd get this and buy a standalone slow cooker, as this is better than a standalone steamer (the steam bake setting is amazing).

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.

Private message

Most useful appliance I have ever purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2015

Oven is ideal for a couple, it can bake, grill, steam and toast - plus a combination of cook and steam. Then you can hit the self clean button and it steam cleans itself. So quick and economical to run and cooks beautifully, we love it, hardly ever use our main oven any more.