Disgusting!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Ordered French Champagne for my best friends 65th birthday., not delivered, still not delivered! Phoned 6 times still nothing, zero, zilch, nada..
How can this company exist? Why offer a service they cannot fulfill? How to get a refund from such a dreadful company? I am thinking they will be wondering why they went out of business.. which they will do! CUSTOMER SERVICE! It ain’t rocket science!

Wahroonga

Sad birthday gift

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

My sister (who lives in the UK) ordered online a gift for a special birthday. On the day, the delivery guy called me and I told him to leave the gift at my door (as all deliveries are left there and we have a big front garden and the front door is secluded). I was 10 minutes away from the house. He told me this could not happen and he had to take back to the store. I called the store to see if i could pick it up and they told me they had to call overseas first. I finally received my gift yesterday (9th January - my birthday on the 2nd) - NEVER use this service!!!

Appalling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Ordered on 19th of December. Nothing received by 27th of December contacted Dan Murphys no explanation or update got a phone call this morning saying that my order has been lost in transit and that the supplier no longer has the product I wish I had read these reviews before I place this order Dan Murphys online service is a complete joke

Store type: Physical store

Cost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I went into the echuca store to get two cans of Southern comfort today and was so disgusted what they charged two cost me $13 and I can buy two from another liquor store and only cost me $9 but they didn't have any left and another store didn't have them so went to dan murphys never again just an absolute rip off Dan murphy

Adelaide, SA

Dishonourable - Would not honour its own price beat policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

I complied with Dan Murphy price beat conditions and still Dan Murphy refused to honour their own policy. I rang and spoke to a Dan Murphy customer service representative and was left thoroughly disappointed by DM's refusal to honour.
I repeat, "refusal to honour" and this - to me - indicates that DM's advertised policy is deceptive and nothing but a marketing ploy to attempt to ensure market-share dominance.

The online and in-store (Doncaster Vic) price for the Talisker 10yo single malt was cheaper with the competitor than via Dan Murphy. In fact, Dan Murphy insisted on only honouring the price beat policy if I bought a carton (12 bottles) of this whisky. That, in my not so humble opinion, is NOT a normal customer retail quantity but is in fact a commercial quantity. One of DM's price-beat conditions is 'retail quantity' only. It seems clear to me that the DM's representative responding to my initial enquiry was confused.

The bottom line is that, for the sake of about $6 in this particular instance, Dan Murphy has proved itself not willing to honour its price-beat policy and the company's reputation is now damaged.

In my opinion now, Dan Murphy is just another retailer totally uninterested in its customers or honouring its advertised policies.

I've already bought the product through the competitor store.

I choose to use Dan Murphy much, much less in the future as a result of this disappointing experience. Dan Murphy has left a very bad taste in my mouth. DM wriggled and squirmed in order to avoid honouring its price-beat policy. This is not the behaviour of a responsible retailer in the Australian community.

------
I quote the DM rep's response below:
There are a number of terms and conditions that need to be met in order for us to beat a price:

Advertisements must be current and items identical.
Competitor must have stock available in quantity requested.
Competitors’ premises must be within 10km of our store.
Competitors’ conditions may apply. i.e. Payment type, location, freight, etc.
Excludes reproductions (e.g. photocopies, print outs etc.) of competitors’ vouchers.
Excludes trade buyers, online offers, online auction sites, duty free, liquidation or clearance sales.

We reserve the right to limit sales to retail quantities.

The easiest way to take advantage of our price matching offer is to go to your local Dan Murphy's store with a copy of the advertisement you referred to. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 72 33 88 and speak to one of our customer service representatives so we can assist you further.
UNQUOTE
and my original enquiry below:
Subject: Dan Murphy's Deceptive Sales / Marketing strategy - Price beat guarantee

I want to send a bottle of Talisker 10yo single malt 700mL to a friend in Deniliquin NSW.
Found Talisker 10yo single malt 700mL for $89.99 per bottle (no minimum purchase) online and / or pick up from Doncaster Vic.
Dan Murphy's price (Doncaster or Echuca store and online) is $94.99.
Contacted Dan Murphy's by phone (10:45ACDT 03Jan19) to access the price beat option.
Customer service officer "Ez" advised not able to price beat unless case of 12 bottles bought.
I consider that to expect an ordinary member of the public to buy a case of single malt is unreasonable.
Ergo, I consider Dan Murphy's price beat offer / guarantee to be deceptive.
This occurrence will be made public in due course.
Respectfully,
UNQUOTE

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Dan Murphys deliver service is very bad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Dan More-fees service re online delivery is crap. They sent me an email saying "your delivery will happen tomorrow" so? Am I just supposed to wait around for them. No indication whatsoever, re when tomorrow. No thanks you can keep your delivery Danny.

Crap delivery service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

I've been waiting for a delivery since the 21st of December 2018. I rang the customer service number and they couldn't get my order organised before Xmas as they don't deliver on weekends or public holidays, Not my problem! It's now NYE going on New year's day. Where's my delivery?
I could hit a golf ball on the roof of the Newcastle west store from where I live, but they can't deliver a carton of beer around the corner! My brother in London asked me, what's a good bottle shop nearby that would deliver a carton for you for Xmas? I said Dan Murphy's, I was wrong! Any other liquor store would have been better!

Not the lowest price

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

BWS 24*330 ml budwiser price $51 and here $59.99 yesterday rate, didn't check price as I used to believe Danmurphy.

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 28 helpful votes

Couldn't Care Less

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

There has been a Dan Murphy's trolley sitting outside our home for more than three weeks probably left by school kids. Despite two phone calls to Dan Murphys and another to Woolworths the trolley is still there. Our council has ignored a phone call to them. The trolley is likely to come to is demise if someone pushes it into the wetlands close by.

Don’t ever order online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

I’ll never order on-line from Dan Murphy’s ever again. Following is my saga. I’m in WA. On 10/12/2018 I ordered a bottle of 30 year old highland whiskey for a gift. It was only available on-line else I would have purchased in store. Delivery was supposed to be 6-8 working days. However it took longer which was not unexpected that close to Xmas. Phoned three times to check progress of my order. Tracking not available if you don’t register as a Dan Murphy’s member. Delivery is done by an external company & Dan Murphy’s couldn’t tell me a possible delivery day. Delivery to home was attempted on the 24th December however, no phone or email received prior (despite being told this would happen) thus no one at home because of family commitments (family member has a birthday on 24th December)
Order couldn’t be left without sighting adult ID because it was alcohol. Rang the Dan Murphy’s customer number on the 24th December to organise pick up from the delivery depot. This was arranged for Thursday 27th December (as it was too late to collect on the 24th) but I had to phone on the day to check my order had been taken back to the delivery depot. However Dan Murphys customer staff could get no response from the delivery depot or the other contact on the 27th even though it was supposed to be open. Phoned again on the 28th. After being on hold for nearly 15 mins. I was advised my order was definitely at the depot & available for me to collect. Address was provided by Dan Murphy’s customer staff. However the delivery depot in Welshpool has no signage (despite being told it did) entry is from a different street to the actual business address. It’s a large building with multiple entrances & exits & shared by other businesses. Finally found the correct door identified only by the Number 8 (after asking another business who luckily were open and who pointed me in the right direction). Wandered through a large warehouse until I found an office with a light on and someone in resident. Guessed I was in the correct place because I could see boxes marked Dan Murphy. Finally picked up my order in person from the depot on 28/12/2018. Please Dan Murphy if you use an external delivery company ensure your customer staff know the actual address and if the delivery company wants to stay in business, get some signage organised (if only for the sanity of future customers).

Geelong west

Rewards card is useless

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

The rewards card is useless to me.
There are no points the deals they have are on things I never buy.
I think I will throw it away. Just takes up space in my wallet.

Melbourne

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

I purchased a friend a Dan Murphys Giftcard, I enclosed the receipt with it and the card was activated in store. She went in to use it and they told her the card was faulty and wouldn't honour the card. I have provided my credit card receipt and the actual receipt. Dan Murphys said that they are at fault but still refused. I then contacted their Customer Service team and they read all of my messages and wouldn't respond on Chat. This is absolutely disgraceful Customer Service. Why bother.

Adelaide

Glenunga store terrible.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Web sites stated they were open till 9pm, arrived at 8.30pm and they were closed. Returned the next day after checking Web site for product availability and even calling the store for confirmation only to find they were out of stock!! Staff didn't seem to care and laughed when I told them of my disappointment. Will not be coming back, BWS for me.

Private message

Absolute offensive and racist security and management staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Try to enter the store with my 25 year old housemate from taiwan. As approaching the security is giving her filthy looks then asks for her to produce id , even though shes accompanying myself and not there for alcohol. He refuses her entry and makes her stand out in the sun. Meanwhile there are numerous kids running around the store full of glass bottle shelves as though its some playground. I asked for the manager who was more offensive. Ridiculous im furious on the service i received

Adelaide

Private message

in store great , online not so good

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

always find a good range in store and helpful staff but had problems ordering online and not great customer service when chasing up orders

Online service completely unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

Dan Murphy’s online experience is a nightmare. Their delivery partner Endeavour Delivery falsely updates their tracking information. Email/sms status updates are incorrect and they fail to deliver in specified delivery window times. I will never purchase from them again as they are wholly unreliable. FB and other reviews will show similar experiences by a number of other people.

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

I warned you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

Don"t use their online ordering you will never get it . I have now ordered 4 times and all 4 times delivery has never come. They cannot solve the issues . I have had to ask for my money back as they just don't know. I will not verify the purchase as they don't even monitor this site to listen. Look I'm not the only one.

Dublin

• 15 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Horrific - failure to deliver gift as promised, won't return money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

I ordered an expensive bottle of Scotch for a person. Paid premium price & extra for delivery on a promised date. The Scotch was not delivered. I tried to call several times and was put on hold for 20 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes. I emailed 3 times but no response. I eventually spoke to someone, and was passed to another person. The Scotch apparently (and according to the online tracking system) had not even been picked up by the courier. The person to whom I was passed was either stoned or had just woken up. I could not understand a word he said and he didn't care. I asked to speak with someone in charge, he cut me off after 23 minutes on hold.

I called back an hour later, and spoke with another 100% ineffectual person. This one had the hide to tell me that no one could help me because they were all 'dealing with a bigger missing order'. He went on to tell me that 'the team is trying to work out what happened to an $8,500 order'. My $360 bottle of Scotch was clearly of no concern. This person, [name removed], would not or could not tell me even one person who worked with him and was senior to him. I was put on hold another 3 times for extended periods. [name removed] then returned to tell me that the delivery had actually been attempted, even though that is contrary to the online delivery notice and his prior confirmations and those of the earlier employee (and my actual knowledge that no delivery had been attempted). [name removed] went on to say that the delivery had failed because there was no one over 18 to receive the order. That is a laughable lie. The professional organisation to which the gift was being delivered is staffed only by those over 18 years of age, and the reception is and was attended while the business is accessible. No one had attempted delivery.

[name removed] also advised that the money I had paid could not be returned to me. When I said that I will get in touch with Fair Trading, he advised that he would put me through to '[name removed]', and promptly cut me off.

I called back AGAIN, and was put through to '[name removed]'. Of course, [name removed]. An Indian chap named [name removed]. He could not help either, put me on hold for an extended period, and returned to say that no one was available to help me, but 'I will ask someone to call you back'. When I inquired who would be calling back, guess the name? '[name removed]'.

So, I'm out of pocket just under $400. I had been relying upon the delivery of the gift (a thank you gift for an important person). Dan Murphy failed to deliver, lied about delivery, refused to assist and claims it will be keeping my money.

Any other liquor store or pub or bottle shop would have been better. A lesson learnt but a very disappointing, and now costly and time consuming (to proceed to Fair Trading with a claim), exercise.

Worst delivery service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Get a text saying that my order couldn’t be completed because no one was home. I had to go to work no one texted me or told me when they were coming. Call them up and was told by one person that I could pick my order up at the store then the phone cut out and called back got a rude Aussie young bloke. Have to reschedule my order for Thursday now. Today’s Tuesday. I will never use Dan Murphy’s again period.

WA, WA

• 1 comment
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer

DONT DO IT. You will regret shopping online from this company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

I know it's convenient, yes the prices at times are good. But seriously, don't make the same mistake I did in trusting that this company will actually deliver your order on time.

Their website says 2-4 business days but it is a grossly inaccurate statement.

After calls to their call centre I was told to call a 3rd party freight forwarding company, who then told me to call another freight forwarding company. They simply shift the blame and then ignore customers.

I was then banned from their Facebook page for complaining. They remove A LOT of visitor posts.

This should be illegal, but of course it is allowed and they are not accountable, must be a perk when you revenue is over a billion $.

1 of 30 pages