Appalling customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Travelled 2hrs to Canberra to do some pre holiday shopping at Woden David Jones and the service was appalling. Staff were either nowhere to be found, chatting amongst themselves and very reluctant to serve you or talking on their mobile phones!!! I have been a loyal DJs customer for over 30yrs but no more, its no wonder their sales figures are down and with this type of service they will continue to go down. I certainly would no longer advise anyone to shop there. My whole experience was disappointingly sad for what once was a shoppers' heaven.

Epic Inconvenient

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2018

I ordered multiple clothing and bedding items. Some items arrived, others did not. Some emails arrived explaining that items were not in stock, some items had no email to explain what happened.
With the items that arrived that I did not want to keep due to the sizing charts being mismatched - I measured myself with a tape. I returned them in store, but David Lawrence items cannot be returned in store...so I had to pay for postage to return them.
In store refund worked well, straight back into the account.
I am still waiting for the refund on the posted item 12 days after an email explaining the refund will come in in 3-5 days.
I have had another refund for the items that didn't show, this took chasing and questioning and arrived after I had returned the other items close to 30 days after delivery.
I received a random gift card in the mail for $1....I'm not sure why that couldn't be refunded to me directly...what a waste of money to send that to me.
Overall this experience has been a waste of time, created stress, confusion and wow I will never be ordering online from DJs again.

Disappointing David Jones!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I find it ironic how I purchased from David jones online and apparently ther was an error with the website, therefore my purchase will not be honored. However they were happy to take my money for the purchase at the time but they are now dishonoring. How long will I now have to wait for a refund I wonder!? I definitely expected more from David Jones.

• 5 answers
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

“This is David Jones, what did you expect?” Hmm, no wonder they are going out of business!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Went to carindale store on a Sunday afternoon. There was no service whatsoever and the sound of crickets was deafening. Found a shirt that I liked but it was too expensive at its ticket price. Went home and checked online and turns out it was 30% off - suddenly it’s now reasonable. I work in the city and so went to the ‘flagship’ store only to not find it. I asked three staff to assist however all were working for other brands and so could not help. Finally found a actual DJs staff hiding in the corner who went to the same rack I did and proceeded to tell me they did not have it. Apparently the online store is different - hang on I saw it at carindale. After telling the store person they were no help at all he actually said to me “this is David Jones, what do you expect?” At that point I remembered why I hadn’t visited DJ’s in so long and that the store person was 100% correct. It’s my fault for going into the store and thinking there was someone there to actually help.

Ordering online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

Just tried to do an online order for the last 2 hours and each time I got to the check out nothing happens. Also tried the chat line with no success either.

Sydney

• 1 answer

Gift Registry

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

Avoid David Jones Gift Registry. Received a white porcelain gift with marks on it made by a permanent marker which will not come off. Cannot tell the person who gave me the gift and bought it in good faith from my David Jones gift registry. Therefore if I want it replaced I must take it to Market Street in the city. They will replace it if they can get another, which might take up to 3 weeks, and why can't the replacement be sent to the local store I asked? They will look into it for me. Everyone I have spoken to at DJs seems to think they are doing me a favour. The person who bought it paid full price and it should have been checked, I would think, before it was posted, i.e. it should be their responsibility to replace it asap at a location convenient for the customer. Customer service at this over priced store is barely existent.

Comments

After posting this review I was contacted again by a lady from the Gift Registry who got back to me the next day to say they had the item that needed to be replaced in their dept and I could pick i... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Online order OOS, my CC cancelled!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

From the DJ website I purchased one whitegood. My order was processed and email confirmed this.
A few days later, an email arrived stating that there is a backlog of orders for this whitegood and item should be delivered in the next two months. Of course, I complained via email to cancel my order and credit my CC promptly. After this DJ purchase, and unbeknownst to me, my CC had a stop placed on it for fraudulent activity. When I contacted my bank, I was told that because of fraudulent activity on DJ website, my CC had a stop placed on it. When I asked what the heck has DJ's fraudulent activity have to do with me and my CC? They could not answer, except to say there is fraudulent activity at DJ so a stop was placed on my CC.
Cannot recommend online shopping at DJ in 2018.

Rude service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

rude, impolite unprofessional service . No one can give a clear advice on products they sell. They just don’t know anything . When I mentioned After Pay service , they made such a face as though I asked something inappropriate . David Jones do have this payment option but people who work there had no idea what it was and didn’t move a finger to find out . I don’t understand why these sales ladies look down on us, people who want to spend money there . Utter nonsense!!!!
Another time I heard sales assistants discussing a customer and obviously were making fun of her being surrounded by other customers . I just can’t believe it!!!

Verified Customer

DJ's online customer service is a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

I purchased a television on sale from the DJ's online store. They subsequently cancelled the order on the basis that they couldn't fulfill the order. Ever since, DJ's has been an absolute nightmare to communicate with. It takes up to a week to get a response from their customer support team and their responses contain serious errors which just inflame the situation. I've had to lodge a hearing at VCAT to resolve the issue - but they continue to drag their feet. DJs - this is honestly the worst customer service I have ever experienced. In 2018, customers expect responses within minutes and hours - your response times of up to a week are appalling. It takes 20 years to build a reputation, and only 5 minutes to destroy it - so get your kitchen in order!

Verified Customer

I bought a pair of shoes recently and it was faulty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

I have been told I should pay back by my expense and they would not take any responsibility to do that.
If I send the item back should be evaluate by supplier and there is no guarantees.
Disappointment disappointment and disappointment ++++
Loved this shop but not any more. no customer support and not taking responsibility

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 4 questions
  • 13 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Unlawful trading

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

1. If you choose pick up (due to sstock availability in store), you get an email the next day advising there is no stock,
2. If you then order the same item for delivery, it is despatched within 2 days. Proper customer service should have contacted me after my pick up order was cancelled to see if I would be prepared to wait for the store to be restocked.
3. If you pay by PayPal and there is a dispute about the quality etc, PayPal refers you back to David Jones. In this case if the stock is returned, David Jones will NOT credit your PayPal account. They will only give you an exchange or gift card. If this happens to you, contact your bank to instigate a chargeback. If your card is Visa or MasterCard you are entitled to do this. This situation (with the inability to obtain a refund) is in breach of the Australian Consumer Law. The more consumers who instigate a chargeback will 'push' PayPal to a policy change.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

If items arn’t available online take it down or say no stock

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Your online system is a joke get with the times, majority of us are shopping online now, seems like your happy to not sell to your online customers. I just reordered an item that has now been on your online system for maybe more then 2 weeks now.Thinking DJ might have restocked I reordered but how wrong I was. If you don’t have these items please take it down or say no stock. Twice I’ve gone through with payments only to be sent an email the next day saying you couldn’t fulfil my order.

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Online shopping is a joke, you don't get any response from them when things just go wrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

I bought a fridge from their online shop about 2 weeks ago, and the status still says 'at dispatch', I emailed twice (using their form) and no response. I called today and after 40 minutes wait (yep, 40 minutes), they told me their online system is broken and they've been doing the orders from vendors one by one manually. And apparently mine wasn't even put through yet - so yeah 2 weeks, no communication, no updates, nothing. And no response from emails and when you call them it's a super long wait, then they make up a lot of excuses. Funny that when I asked when I can get it, they said 'we don't know', and can I get a refund, they were like 'ask your credit card bank'.

Just the worst. Will never buy from them again.

Don't order a fridge online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

I ordered a Samsung fridge in line, was told someone would contact me by the end of the week. Nothing so made 4 calls over a period of 2 weeks to find out where my fridge was. Customer service was polite but I wasn't getting an answer. Tried 4 times to ring in 1 day and waited 20 min or more, I never was able to make contact. Still haven't got my fridge and can't even contact them for a refund. Avoid at all costs!!

Verified Customer

Please hire people that care about the company

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

Older sales assistant working for trenery at warrigah David jones had a rude attitude and not very helpful. I had to walk around to many other counters to search for someone that could help. Staff is limited on the floor. The young lady named [name removed] working near camiella and Marc was very lovely trying her best to help me get connected to the right person. As a costumer I believe shopping should be a relaxing experience. The Staff should be welcoming and helpful even if it’s not their brand.

Gosford

• 1 question

Always helpful and friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I purchased a navy blue jumper for my teenage son the workers were delightful and helpful getting my son sizes to try and showing different styles. (Tuggerah). The women in store were beautiful helpful sales women.

Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I try to buy a samsonite but due to EOFY sale very hard to find a suitable one so move from shop to shop . Everywhere I got best customer service with their best knowledge of the product at last Southland Store Rep called each store to find out the stock and asked to hold in Chadstone store where I picked up. Pollite and gentle Custmer service.. Love to shop again.

Found metal ring in box of tea

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

I found a metal ring in a box of tea I bought from David Jones, I contacted them to let them know for quality and safety purposes. I did not receive an apology just a demand to provide “Proof of Purchase”, of note I was not requesting a refund, I sent them the ring and was just letting them know so they could contact their supplier to rectify the issue for future batches of tea.

• 1 helpful vote

Avoid the online Gift Registry, it's a disaster

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

We spent a whole day setting up an online gift registry for our wedding at David Jones, we had made an appointment and it all seemed like DJs would manage it for us. We couldn't have been more wrong.

Most of our guests complained to us that they could not access the bridal registry after trying multiple times/days. A few went to the store and collected their gifts for us - most simply gave up. Some said they thought they had purchased a gift but there was no trace of it so gave up with a gift altogether.

We had specifically decided on the David Jones Registry because we thought it would help direct guests as to what we needed for our home.

When some of our guests phoned DJs to find out what was going on they were brushed off and told to just try the online system again (implying they were incompetent with technology).

Some guests resorted to DJs e-gift cards - but tracking them down has been a nightmare. There was no centralised admin about this and if guests hadn't alerted us to their gift cards they would not have been claimed! DJs took no ownership of any aspect of this.

After the wedding I rang the Gift Registry to tell them about our disappointment and was told simply to write a letter to the manager. I had to find out myself who to write the letter to - as the person who answered the phone did not know.

DJs once had a good reputation for customer service.

David Jones Online ordering - PayPal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

If you purchase an item from DJs online and use your PayPal linked credit card you cannot return item and get a refund to your credit card. DJs will only provide you with a gift card to the value of your purchase. On the other hand a similar return to Myer online was handled seamlessly with a full refund to my credit card.

1 of 26 pages

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Monika asked on Jan 20, 2017

Answer this

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.

Why complain in a site that is NOT managed by DJs?

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?

brian asked on Apr 13, 2015

Answer this

Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright though

Yes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?

stephen asked on Apr 30, 2014

Answer this

I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)

If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.

The ONLY way to know for certain is to ask DJs directly.