Terrible service in their Christmas shop

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Today Sunday 11 November 2018 at midday I tried to buy a Christmas tree in the market street store after waiting more than 1/2 hour for the one girl who had the authority to see a tree she walked away from me mid sentence saying she had to find the book I said I already know the one I want but she still walked off and out the back I though she must be getting the tree so i waited more than 20 mins for her to come back but she didn't when I kept asking at the counter they said they didn't know where she went. One girl went looking for her but she came back and said she had gone. I asked th other girls can I simply buy a tree but they said she is the only one who knows how to do it. I then called the Miranda store and the girl said they had the tree but I had to go to the store to collect it needless to say David Jones didn't get a sale! Really bad service on both counts. In total after about 1 HR trying to buy a tree from DJ's I ended up going to Myer and it was so easy.

Charged for Online Order that was subsequently cancelled

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I made a purchase on 4th October for an item that I was charged for. The next day, received an email stating that the item had been cancelled.

A refund for the cost was never made back on to my David Jones card. I emailed them with evidence of my order and card statement. They responded stating that the refund has been made and apologising for the issues.

After a further two weeks the money still had not been refunded on to my account. Emailed them following up on the matter and still no response. I am looking for alternative ways to escalate the matter as they are now withholding money they are not entitled to. Worst customer service I have ever experienced!

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Online shopping is a disaster - Don't do it to yourself

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Similar to others here - tried ordering online website down. Go to Adelaide city store, only 1 pair left on hold. Told them website down, they try to ring other stores no one answers !! (What has happened to the customer service??). Go back to work, order online as website finally working again. DJ’s card payment accepted. Few days later go to post office thinking it’s shoes but it wasn’t. Ring up (interminable hold wait). No order was cancelled - must have been a computer glitch. Shoes still on website in my size!!! Couple of weeks later - order shoes again. Same thing, DJ,s card payment accepted, all looks good. Get an email today - order cancelled. Repeat previous - must have been error in system. Tonight shoes still on website in my size. After 30 years of what used to be exceptional service, I’ve rung up cancelled card and paid it out. Shocking decline in service for what used to be a retail icon. Will never purchase from them again.

Verified Customer

Website waste of time - if you can't supply it don't put it there!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I am raging. Like a previous reviewer, I have made 2 online purchases over the last 2 weeks for the same item. They have taken my money, sent me an invoice, then a day later have cancelled the order.
WTH! I called their service line to enquire on being struck by lightning twice and was told that there were problems with the website....well yes it doesn't work!
There is no redress for the issue, apologies that don't mean anything because you don't have your goods that you would have purchased elsewhere if you could have imagined a 'high end' department store like theirs could be so hopeless and not put enough stock in reserve for online customers.
Clearly advertising stock that they are not even close to being able to fulfill is misleading and in my case leaving me questioning if I will ever purchase from them again online or instore.
Long time and loyal customers who have been burned like this tell all your friends.

Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I went to David Jone in City on Castlereagh Street. Staff were very helpful. Price was expensive for cosmetics though but I am happy with the products and service I bought. Thank you David Jones.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Charged my card, Still no response

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I made a click and collect order online and the money was deducted from my gift card but I never received an order confirmation or an email to collect. I've emailed their customer service team twice and still no response.

St Kilda East Victoria

Private message

Buying Womens shoes made too hard

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Shopping in Chadstone store I had 3 pairs of shoes to try on. All different brands I was told the sales assistants are now ‘brand specific’. So, I waited for assistant to try the first brand. I wasn’t sure. I waited another 5 minutes for assistance with the second brand. Then another 5 minutes for third brand. I waited another 5 minutes to seek assistance again with the first brand to try my size at another store. All three assistants were helpful but it took nearly 30 minutes just to try on shoes! I subsequently left empty handed and frustrated!

Adelaide

NEVER ORDER ONLINE FROM DJs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

What is wrong with their inventory system that they accept orders for goods that they don't have in stock?
Twice I have ordered from DJs online & twice I have been burned - never again.
The first time after accepting my payment they advised the shoes were unavailable even though they were still showing up on their website in my size. My money was eventually refunded.
The second time I ordered a promotional item & again was told there was no stock & eventually got a refund. Why does their system accept these orders then? This time I wrote a complaint & got a response, "Your message will be responded to within 48 hours." That was weeks ago & I'm still waiting.
I have strong suspicions on what is happening here.
NEVER AGAIN!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

They just ignore all complaints

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I've been treated badly by one of the staffs in David Jones Bondi Store. I wrote a complaint immediately that day afternoon thru their website. But no one ever get back to me.

Don't waste your time complaining. They just don't want to hear nor they care. Hopeless company.

Terrible service in Jurlique dept. Sydney

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Terrible service never ever!! Especially the manager in Jurlique dept.
They promised to send the product that's not in stock but they get the wrong address from my licence without confirming me...and they said it's my responsibility to confirm the address with them... Excuse me? !
The parcel was lost of course, and the customer service center do not provide any help at all! they always promise to the customer first but not following the issue....Terrible service ever!

• 1 question

Verified Customer

Canceled order with no reason.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I ordered the beats x earphones through paypal and went through successfully but the next day i got an email saying that they are unable to fulfill the item that I bought for no reason. They said that they will give me a refund but It’s been a week and I haven’t got my money yet.

Misleading clients

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I am not sure what David Jones advertise specials when they don't honour it. I have made a purchase online two days later they cancelled my order! They are misleading the consumers with their FALSE advertising.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very Poor, obviously do not listen to there customers feedback

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

My complaint is more about your service level and lack of quality service to customers. I am appalled on a number of levels:
• Your website ordering system defaulted my order to collection in Parramatta NSW even though I had entered a Qld postcode.
• My original emails have never been responded to
• When I telephoned your help line I waited on hold for 40 minutes listening to a recorded message that continually told me the quickest form of communication was to email you (which I had done and had waited 12 days.. still no response!)
• When I eventually got through to an operator I was told that the garment was in fact located and would be posted to me that day, I was told that I can rest assure you had the garment.
• Then you send me an email cancelling the order with an explanation that the garment was unavailable even though you told me you have the garment, surely this would deserve a personal pick up the phone apology!

Rethink online shopping here

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

I bought a crib online on Friday morning using my gift card balance and the remaining amount on my debit card. After entering both cards numbers at checkout which were recognised, the invoice stated that my debit card was charged for the full amount so I replied to the email right away then followed up with a call asking for this to be resolved. After being on hold for 20 minutes, I called again and faced the same thing during non-peak hours. I received an email the next day confirming the dispatch, which was very disappointing! After 3 emails and many hours on hold since Friday, I finally got through this morning, I had to repeat my whole experience and the only solution was to cancel the order or go in store, which defeats the purpose of what is meant to be an effortless online experience. There is no way I will be using your service again and once I spend my gift card in store on a lower priced item, I will be going elsewhere for any future purchases. While being on hold, David Jones kept directing people to their online enquiry page but they should staff that properly (including their inbox and phone lines) as it is so disorganised due to the slow response times. Expected much more from a leading department store!

WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

Bought 2 items on VOSN night, so only limited time 20% off online only. At 9 PM I got an email that they cant fulfil the order - there were 2 of the items. By the time I read my email the event is already gone- I cant buy the stock at discount anymore, at ANY other retailers while a lot of other retailers have the same stock and the same discount!!!!! Then I checked online and customer service, they said only 1 of the item is cancelled as they don't have the stock. So they give me a new order number which I was NOT INFORMED. 24 hours later, I got another email, saying that other order ALSO CANNOT BE FULFILLED. And I will get my refund 3-10 DAYS FOR BOTH ORDERS. What the hell is this???? This is 2018.Why are you taking people's money saying you have the stock, raising people's hope and anticipation, and then crush it not just once, but TWICE?? It also took you a few seconds to get OUR money, but it took you 10 DAYS to give it back? YOU'RE NOT A RETAILER, YOU'RE POOLING PEOPLE'S MONEY ON A FREE-INTEREST LOAN!!!

Worst "service" ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Waited 10 minutes for service returning 3 times to the desk as a middle aged female employee openly gossiped about herself with another lady over the phone. She refused to acknowledge me for not one second as I stood in front of her face. Searched for another person and found a guy by the name of '[name removed]', whom had absolutely no interest in speaking with me. I had to encourage him over to the counter. He stopped half way and just stood there. I had to ask him to walk further. By that time he served my mother saying only a couple of words, my mother was furious towards his both attitude and arrogance and turned to me and said 'how rude'. No wonder the store is always practically empty. Won't be back!!!

Click & collect services was terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I ordered 2 items for click&collect services, when I went to David Jones for take it but I got just only one thing. The staff informed me that about the system was error, they couldn't find the other one.They told me about refund and they going to refund me but right now I didn't see refund e-mail from them until now. I'm very disappointed with your services because I never seen before

Why so complicated?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I ordered an iphone8 online through click and collect, money deducted from my account and order confirmation received. Come Monday I received a message from DJ customer service and after sitting on the phone for a lengthy period eventually gave up, figuring they would call back if urgent. Received an email a few days later requesting that I email a copy of my drivers licence and credit card (minus a few digits). Unfortunately I was unable to comply in the 24hr time limit stipulated in the email due to nil access to a scanner, and advised them accordingly. Next correspondence I received was that my order had been cancelled and my money would be returned to my account between 3-10 business days, nil acknowledgement of my response or follow up to discuss options to get a copy of identification to them.
Understandably I’m a little frustrated that a simple click and collect purchase has been made so complicated. In all my time of using click and collect services DJ is the first that have requested that copies of identification be emailed through in addition to sighting on pick up. There really is no justifiable need for such a requirement, nor is it stipulated as a requirement on their website. It felt like I was applying for a bank loan as opposed to a simple online purchase. What is more disappointing is that they are in no rush to get my money back to me, nor do they seem to have a need for me to be a customer. I think in the future I will give DJ a wide berth when it comes to online shopping.

Terrible service at the lingerie department Sydney City store

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

I made an appointment online to be fitted for a bra. I turned up at the allotted time in the city store.i told the sales assistant that I had an appointment to be fitted. She looked at me vaguely and said she couldn't leave the register as she was alone and how about I look for the bra I wanted and that I was big! I was so surprised I said I'll do it myself! After 2 mins she wandered over to me where I was looking at sports bras and said well what size are you? F or G? I said I don't know as I was here to get fitted! She said I'll get someone for you and a young girl came out and said I can do that! As I have never been fitted for a bra and feel v shy I would not have liked a young girl to fit me. I told these women to forget it and I left the store. The sales person there made me feel stupid and angry. I will never shop for bras at David Jones. Even though I had my appointment registered online and received a conformation of time and date this salesperson did not even ask for my name or confirmation number. Disgusting service and David Jones should be ashamed.

Wrong inventory

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

E commerce site is 100 years old and unprofessional customer Service. I have placed 3 orders in two weeks and all orders have been cancelled due to low stock. I don’t recommend DJ for online shopping

1 of 31 pages

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Monika asked on Jan 20, 2017

Answer this

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?

brian asked on Apr 13, 2015

Answer this

Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright though

Yes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?

stephen asked on Apr 30, 2014

Answer this

I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)

If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.