Ordered 2 items

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I ordered 2 items 2 weeks ago as a birhday gift for my twins. One came and for the other haven’t received not even reply after my 3 mails,but nothing... after waiting for 27 minutes, someone finally answered when I called them. They said it is in Australian post which was a lie since they did not receive it. The girl on the phone wasn’t interested in anything. Now I have one present which I can’t give to one child. I wish I’ve read these reviews before I ordered presents. Never again!

Verified Customer

Online is hopeless. Pickup from stores is hopeless. No wonder they're going broke.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

On multiple occasions I have placed orders online.

Only one of those have ever been fulfilled.

One order took over a week to cancel and them to refund my money. If only part of an order is cancelled, they do not refund you until you pick up the other part. The Customer Service rep who "explained" this to me on the phone, after I waited an hour on hold to speak to anyone, was quite rude about it.

For the single order that I was able to collect, it took ten minutes for the customer service rep to count her til in front of me as a queue formed behind me. There were other customer service reps patrolling the store but nobody seemed to be able to help, only that single computer which she was counting her til at could be used. Why would you count your til when the queue forms in front of you?

Do not bother complaining about poor online experience either. You will get generic replies. I got an email request for "feedback" on a recent purchase. I then filled out the linked survey, with pretty much overwhelmingly negative feedback. I was then emailed "sorry we didn't mean to send that out".

David Jones' IT and approach to customer service seems to be stuck in 1999.

Verified Customer

Heavy delay on shipment and no explanation/apology so far

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I ordered a coffee machine from David Jones on 27/12/18 and received a confirmation that it would be delivered in 3-7 business days. I am still waiting on 11/1/19. I received a shipment notification a few days ago which gives me a delivery day of 16/1/18. That's 13 business days (accounting for the new year's break) from the time I ordered. I haven't received any word/warning/apology from David Jones about this big delay - just a notification of dispatch and tracking email AFTER it was supposed to have already been delivered. Not impressed.

Sydney

• 14 comments
  • 33 helpful votes
Private message

They have NEVER supplied a single online order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I've placed 3 online orders from my own account over the past year, and EVERY SINGLE ONE ended up getting cancelled a few days later. Their stock management is atrocious. My advice - do not get excited if you think you've found a bargain. They are slow and uncommunicative and clearly have no intention of filling orders. They only give you the option for click and collect, and quite often it will be a store miles away from where you live. You cannot pay for delivery and you cannot opt to wait for more stock. Place your order and wait for the cancellation email - It is just a disappointing experience all round, a waste of time and they will hold your money ransom for a week or so whilst they initiate the refund. Pathetic - expect better from a large retailer like David Jones!

Worst experience EVER!!!!! Never buying from them again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2019

Worst service I have ever come across, I ordered 3 weeks ago and still no notification on where abouts my order is. I’ve emailed them so many times but still no reply. I called them and they said it should be on it’s way. But that was a week ago. If you are looking to order something online from David Jones I wouldn’t recommend it unless you want to be stuffed around. I’ve learnt my lesson.

• 1 question

Cancelled order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I purchased giftcard to buy a Dyson fan from DJ. After waiting for 3 days for the card to arrive, I ordered online and my order was cancelled for no reason. They have stocks but they refuse to honor my purchase. Very disappointed. Had always been buying from DJ.Now I am left with $600 giftcard and have to fork out another 600 to buy from somewhere else.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Never deliver on time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I have now given David Jones their third and last time to provide an online order on time. My first order I had 2 out of the 7;items I ordered eventually delivered, the other items were not available although the system allowed me to order them. the second attempt was Xmas presents. They eventually arrived on Xmas Eve after much heart ache and anxiety- they had been ordered online 2 weeks prior. My current and last order is 2 very expensive bottles of perfume that I ordered and paid for a week ago, with delivery identified as 3-7 days. Today they were eventually dispatched- how long does it take to find 2 bottles of mainstream perfume to dispatch- and the tracking system is identifying they will not be delivered for another week. This is just ridiculous for such a large department store. Stores such as Mimco, Bras n things, Jo Mercer shoes, and many others manage to have their orders dispatched within 24-48hrs and delivered within 72hrs. This should be what DJ’s should be ale to do.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

I buy a lot from DJ's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I get a lot of clothing from David Jones at Macquarie Shopping Centre. I like the brands they carry and the staff are very friendly and helpful. My wife got me to take back the same pair of jeans three times because she couldn't decide if she wanted to have the size that fits her right now or lose some weight and have the size that would fit her then. The staff were very understanding

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

First time ordering online from DJ, the order was cancelled the next day for no particular reason, I won't bother next time, simply a waste of time and effort. Look elsewhere.

Worst Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Bought vouchers after calling them up. They said yes we have Samsung Note 9 512Gb in stock. Order now or it will run out.
Bought $2600 worth of vouchers for 2 phones. Called them everyday. They say stock will be delivered next week. Got email today saying no stock. Voucher will be returned. Unable to refund to credit card. Now left with $2600 worth of useless vouchers. What a joke. Should get zero stars!!!
Called to speak to manager still no response. Most dishonest company ever. Stay away.
You will see this post in all social sites and Fair Trading and Ombudsman

Constant cancelling of online orders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Don’t bother trying to order online from David Jones. They have cancelled every order I have tried to place without explanation. They take the money and confirm the order and then they refund and cancel within a day or two. Makes no difference what payment method used is - credit card, PayPal, store card - all get cancelled. Does this store ever process any online orders? When I tried to send online feedback form to find out why it was happening, that didn’t work either! All too hard - just buy elsewhere as I don’t think David Jones want online sales at all. Terrible customer experience and will not try again.

Adelaide

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Don’t bother, a waste of time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Don’t bother placing an online order, as it probably won’t be honoured. I tried to buy some shoes for my daughter, one pair on special and the other showing in stock in either size. Get an email today saying that’s they won’t be supplying either pair and are refunding my order. Simply not good enough for a major chain store which should have better stock management practices. Disappointed to say the least, especially as one pair was exactly what I was looking for and not available in from any other retailers.

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Online shopping taking money and not processing order

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I received a DJ gift card and decided to use it to purchase some items online. After several attempts to process the payment using 100% of my gift card and then a small amount left over to come from my credit card I gave up as the online processing wouldn’t go through. I decided to try the next day and again issues!! I decreased the order to be just under the amount I had available on my gift card but yet again it wouldnt accept it. Eventually I noticed that my credit card from the original amount in my first order was debited and all but $3 on my gift card was depleted. The online service team were useless and said I would have to wait for the refunded Amounts to be credit back but wouldn’t process my order over the phone. I am still waiting on my refunded amounts and have had no help from David Jones. DO NOT purchase gift cards as they are more hassle then they are worth. David Jones have taken over $150 from me and I now have to spent endless hours trying to get that money back and that’s if they even give it back!!! Their customer service for online was below par and they treated me like I was nobody.

Terrible experience with online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

There seems to be a pattern here from all the bad feedback and I experienced the same thing. The online store takes your money and order only to get an email 2 days later saying "unable to fill your order". I am STILL waiting for a refund - it has been 2 weeks. Why bother having an online store if none of the items are available or they system isn't sophisticated enough to know the right stock.Bad customer service and waste of the constomer's time. Never again would I shop there and would advise anyone to avoid David Jones!!

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

David Jones Misleading the public with "additional 20% discount"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Very disappointed that David Jones mislead its Card holders with the promise of an additional 20% discount on their online store when in fact it excludes almost everything without explaining that clearly on their website. I purchased an item with my David Jones Amex Card and no additional discount was applied. I rang the 1800 number listed on the tax invoice to enquire and was advised the discount only applied to very few women’s, men’s and kids' fashion, shoes and accessories when you use your Card. I wish they had of made this clear on the website. In my opinion David Jones is acting very misleading and bordering on deception. I will be cancelling my David Jones Amex and returning the original product for a full refund.

Shocking service and demands

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Purchased expensive vacuum online, my credit card was charged, DJ then wanted more personal details (photo ID and photo of credit card) even after money was taken from account. They would not send item until I provided the information so I cancelled order. STILL WAITING FOR REFUND TO MY CREDIT CARD. Disgraceful !!!

Terrible Service, Didn't honour entire order.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

I ordered 10 products during a sale, they only honoured 2 of the 10, requested my credit card and ID, then after 2 weeks they refunded me 8/10 items, and only sent 2 of them. Very pathetic. Will not bother with David Jones again.

Verified Customer

Cancelled my online order without giving any reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

Ordered some items which are on promotion and paid already, later received an email without giving any explanation just informed me that the order has been cancelled. Can’t believe this is the way how a so called ‘high end store’ doing business.

Worst shopping experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

First time user of DJ online to buy small electrical appliance 1st delivery was lost in transit order cancelled after being told they will look into it & when we called request please supply appliance I had to re buy it so a new order could be raised which failed to be delivered then checking again order was cancelled??? after many calls finally was able to collect from local DJ customer service which was not a good experience either :(

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Terrible service both online and in store

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

I’ve ordered off David Jones using Afterpay numerous times and have had no issues with returning the item in store (they can’t credit the Afterpay account itself as I don’t believe they have the infrastructure in place, but they can credit the full amount to the card attached to Afterpay - I’ve had this done for me numerous times).

I ordered a dress and it wasn’t shipped for a couple of days with no communication as to the delay. I could overlook that as it was a busy time. When the dress came which didn’t fit properly I made the decision to return it in store as I had done several times before. However I was told that this wouldn’t be possible by a stand-offish sales assistant who clearly didn’t care about my issue and didn’t attempt to sort it out further ... she claimed that a refund couldn’t be issued in store as I had paid by Afterpay although there is nowhere on the website which explicitly states this (the website states that refunds can not be issued in store if you paid by PAYPAL)

This indifferent bordering on rude customer service combined with an inconsistent and confusing returns policy has led me to give DJs 2 stars. It’s clear the store can no longer rely on its brand and must catch up to the other retailers by implementing more customer-centered behaviours and policies. I’m no longer going to shop on the online store as it’s just not really worth the effort

1 of 35 pages

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Monika asked on Jan 20, 2017

Answer this

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.

They just don’t care you get better service from an USA department store and the prices are cheaper even with gst and postage

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?

brian asked on Apr 13, 2015

Answer this

Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright though

Yes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?

stephen asked on Apr 30, 2014

Answer this

I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)

If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.