You need to provide shopping bag

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Hi David Jones, Am not happy that I bought designer bag and I need to carry all the way out with no plastic bag. What a shame David Jones and you can’t provide a plastic bag for your designer stuff. Am like a theft carrying the bag that I bought. Am not happy costumer.

Verified Customer

bad online shopping experience with dj

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I have ordered the cosmetics with dj, which on promoting with gift giving and 20 dollars dj gift card when you purchase 150 dollars, but after one weeks they send me a email said my order been canceled because they unable fulfill the item, but item which I am purchasing is Elizabeth Arden eyes capsule that you can buy any store... then I missed out the gift time and gift vouchers as well...

Poor Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Thought the Chanel Perfume staff at Sydney City Store rather rude. Stood at counter waiting to be served while they chatted among themselves. Looked me over, an elderly lady obviously a tourist and promptly ignored me.

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

After ordering a dress online (Full price) and paying express shipping I was sent an email the next day ... at the time it was meant to be delivered an email saying the order could not be fulfilled. It's not the first time it's happened and I will never shop with them again. Sent an email, still haven't got a response. So now I have no dress nor the time to get another one. They also have my money which they have said will be refunded but may take up to 5 days. Basically they are selling products before checking they are available..

David Jones Macquarie

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I recently spent approx $1500 on two suits. I am a Amex DJ Platinum Cardholder - one of the benefits is free alteration on clothing. Returning to arrange the alteration i encounter the same unhelpful lady. The first time I was at the David Jones Macquarie store to find a tie, she could't assist us so another assistant help me.

Yesterday, I came in to have our suits altered, I'd been directed to look for [name removed](Men's wear assistant) by one of the managers. I approached her and asked her what form to fill in for the alteration. She was serving a customer (who she is definitely friends with, by them showing photos on his phone to her and chatting obliviously) at the time so she abruptly said, ' you need to find someone else to help you'!

Without assisting to get another staff to help us, luckily, one of the Managers, [name removed], approached the counter and noticed we were standing there with NO assistance from anyone. [name removed] arranged for the alteration form and helped us.

[name removed] continues to chat with her friend and no apologies whatsoever. I find this very insulting and rude.

Point plus pay didn't work, ended up paying full price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Very carefully trying to make a final purchase with all the points I had accumulated from my David Jones Amex, before cancelling my card. Pay balance was calculated and shown, but not reflected in balance to be paid ie balance was still showing full price. One click and thinking the option will show next however the next thing I knew I had paid the full price!! I have taken a screen shot of the page as proof to show that there were no other buttons to click. Definitely a software glitch. Really disappointed and frustrated. Now DJ is going to make me to spend more as I still have points not spent...

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Very helpful and convenient (Bourke St, Melbourne)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Having just flown down from Sydney for the day, I was very happy with the fact I was able to pick up a set of Nachtmann whisky glasses (house warming gift) from the Bourke St Melbourne store and price match with a physical Sydney non-DJ’s store. This saved me from having to purchase in Sydney and carry this gift on the plane. Thanks to the manager in the glassware section of the Women’s store.

Private message

David Jones...taking the ease and convenience out of online shopping

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I purchased a household appliance on sale from the David Jones website. After the transaction went through and the money taken from my credit card, I received an email the next day asking me to call their customer service centre to confirm my purchase. After a few attempts, as the line seemed to be constantly engaged, I finally got through and verified my address and was advised my shipment was on its way. Not 30 minutes later I received another email asking for a copy of my identification and credit card (showing first six digits only) to be emailed through so they can confirm my order. I found this odd as I've purchased items online for the same amount and more on competitor websites (e.g. Myer, West Elm) and have never had such requests. Attempts to call the customer service number given are either met with an engaged tone or just ringing out. Calling their 1800 number has me on hold for 30+ minutes with no answer and emails to their customer service remain unanswered. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I don't feel comfortable sending copies of these to a generic email address, therefore as it stands now they have my money and I have no idea if/when I will receive my purchase. My advice...steer clear of the David Jones website and either shop in-store or on a competitor website where the transaction is quick and easy as online shopping should be.

***UPDATE*** Just received an email from David Jones stating 'On this occasion, we're sorry to advise we are unable fulfil the item(s) in your order' so like the other people who have posted poor reviews I have also been duped.

Cotton House Sheets

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

$700 for two sets of Cotton House sheets. They pilled and shrunk within 6 months unusable. Disgaceful product.

I usually find David jones really good, but on this occassion the product was appalling.

SENT A CUSTOMER SERVICE ENQUIRY AND NEVER GOT A RESPONSE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Customer Service Complaint logged with no response. Will be advise friends that DJ would not honor a gift card. gift card give to a young adult after purchasing and expensive Jacket purchase and did not realise that gift card only valid for ONE MONTH.....what a joke....happy to take your money but not willing to extend some customer loyalty....

SYDNEY

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer

I figured out that David Jones are playing a very good game with customers !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Hi All, I would like to share my experience with online shopping with David Jones. I placed an order with them on discounted price. I have been browsing by adding and removing the same product along with other product in the cart for 3-4 hours, it let me process the transaction. Finally, I decided to make an order with the size I had added in the cart and I receive a message next day (note: next day) saying the order is CANCELLED. I called them and got a rude reply, saying nothing can be done. "whatever happened has happened and I can't do anything now."
I said OK, I know what to do. Later I was browsing the same product to see if refects again, but it was not directed to that page, error with a different message. I kept doing this for 3 days and on the 3rd day, I was able to see the product of the same size which I had ordered on FULL PRICE and it let me place an order.

This clearly shows they are playing some sort of game with customers.

Private message

Paid for same day service -didn't turn up.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2018

I ordered a product and paid for same day service. The item didn't turn up. I sent an email as no customer service contact number on the online website section. No response. I Googled searched and eventually found a contact number the following day to speak to someone. Apparently it was a 'glitch' in the system and the item not dispatched. I was now also too late for the delivery that day too so told to wait until after the weekend to receive. Very poor.

Private message

Terrible service, item "refunded" but money unavailable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Terrible service. 2 hours after ordering, I received an email saying 'we are unable fulfil the item(s) in your order".
Why have the item listed as in Stock if its not actually available.

Not only that, now have $400 sitting in a refunded state and unavailable for me to use elsewhere....

Private message

Don't bother with David jones online

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

First I ordered two products for delivery and then they were cancelled the next day.
Then I ordered another product to collect from the store and it was cancelled as well.

Of course the automated email made me feel better!!

Not good enough

perth

can i give zero rating

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

first orders took 4 weeks to get and second order was cancelled without any notice. This is the normal way David jones treat their members ? What a Joke! never never again.

DO NOT ORDER ONLINE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

I've purchased two items now separately. The first was ordered 2 weeks ago and I am still to receive it after claiming a 3-7 business days waiting period. After contacting them, they palm it off saying; "it's not actually our product so all I can do is initiate an enquiry". The second item was cancelled online within minutes of taking my money claiming it's a stock/IT issue and that the website is claiming items are stocked when they're not. PATHETIC service. I will NOT shop at David Jones ever again. They just can't get the simple things right and have no idea how to resolve customer complaints and queries.

Perth

Only great experiences

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

I've ordered more than a few times from DJs online and have had really easy returns with the friendly staff at the Perth city store every time. Over the many years I've shopped from DJs I can't fault them so I thought they deserved a review.

Oakey

Verified Customer

Worst online shopping I've ever experienced anywhere in the world.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

David Jones proudly advertises its online shopping service in store, however my experience shopping online has been plagued with endless problems such as stock not being available after purchase; not being able to checkout online; not receiving replies to online enquires and having whole orders cancelled without me being contacted. When talking to staff in the store they admit that the online shopping site is terrible and that it is being upgraded - but that is still no excuse for poor and disrespectful customer service.

Verified Customer

They are unable to fulfill online orders!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

@David Jones: you SERIOUSLY have a problem!

Yesterday I went to DJ in Sydney CBD as I was looking for a product (a luggage for my daughter). There were plenty (5+ items) in stock so I went back home and bought the item online (Qantas points). I opted for pick up at the very same store where I saw the item the day before. One hour later, I received the email below

This is the second time this happens in 2 months. If this is the way you go about online commerce, you`ll be doomed soon!

Perth

Do Not Use!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

Purchased item as advertised on their website. Item not only turned up wrong it also had the security tag on the item. When i contacted them they advised they cannot provide me with the item as it was an error in their online marketing department and that i had to take time out of my busy schedule to go to store to have tag removed on the wrong item if i wanted to keep it even though it was the wrong item.

1 of 28 pages

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Monika asked on Jan 20, 2017

Answer this

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?

brian asked on Apr 13, 2015

Answer this

Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright though

Yes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?

stephen asked on Apr 30, 2014

Answer this

I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)

If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.