no communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Use gift card purchased on line which was cancelled due to no stock. I was told a replacement card has been sent a week ago but never received. Sent email no response. Phone line always busy. Very bad service.

Verified Customer

Online order been cancelled without my consent.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

David Jones cancelled my online order three times in three different occasions for the last 12 months. They’re not reliable when it comes to online order. I’ve been spending thousands of dollars on purchasing men’s fashion at David Jones. I wasn’t happy, frustrated and I wouldn’t bothered buying online at David Jones.

Private message

Feeling sad! Bad customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

I went and asked the Chanel rep/sale person at David Jones Southland re: Chanel foundation this p.m and first response was "Can you afford $91 for it? Shocking!!! And when I replied Yes she then showed me the products. My thoughts was to remain calm tho embarrassed, I still talked to her for a bit and walked away. Even if I was desperate to get it I will not buy it from her as I think she needs to learn good manners.
I have been a loyal DJones card holder for almost 20 years and never have encountered such a bad customer service like that.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

David Jones credit card program is the worst

Never start using a credit card with David Jones. Reasons below:

- You can't redeem Membership Reward points instore.
- The only way to use reward points in-store is having them converted into a gift card that will be sent to you.
^ e gift card is not available
^ delivery of gift card via Post takes 10-14 days

- Online stock is limited
- When I made purchase online during the 20% sale period, the checkout function kept failing even though I entered in the correct card details. I know this because I could check my balance.
- Support is not helpful. No one even called me back even though I was promised to.

"Luckily" my card magically started working OK after the sale period.

Had money stolen from my account

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

I made an order from the online store, my MasterCard was denied (for absolutely no reason), so I made the purchase using my Visa card. The order went through and I thought everything was fine until I checked my bank statements and realised I was charged twice (once on each card). No confirmation of purchase or anything of the sort for the mastercard purchase, the only evidence I had was the money subtracted from my account. I recieved one hat in the mail (from my visa purchase). Essentially, money was stolen from my account by David Jones.

Naturally I tried to contact customer service online to save time, I was emailed once back telling me they were investigating the issue and 5 days later I still have heard nothing. I tried calling and was put on hold for 30 minutes.

This is absolutely ridiculous, I have bought products from dozens of different on-line stores (some reputable, some not) and have never had an issue like this, and any time I have had a problem it has been resolved within a day or two. I would never have thought that one of the largest shopping chains in Australia would be the ones that would rip me off. The fact that I would never have realised the money was missing if I didn't check my account is even more frightening - if the store is able to have a bug like this who is to say that it hasn't happened to hundreds of others, who have essentially been robbed by David Jones.

I want my money back and I want this problem fixed so it doesn't happen to anyone else. I will never shop at David Jones again.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Poor customer service & stock control

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Over the last year, I’ve ordered a number of sale items online to have the order cancelled two days later due to no stock. They notified me of this via email, with a request to call them for a refund. No offer to putting the order on hold until stock arrives. Nor for providing the same discount when the product is restocked.

One of these items was a hamper. Upon unboxing, I noticed the cellophane wrapping the hamper was torn in two places. Given the item came in a box, it was obvious it had been packaged that way. I’m not sure why they thought a customer would want a torn $80 hamper. David jones solution was to provide a refund and no future option to purchase at discount.

Then there was the time I bought an expensive bag. Turned out it had a defect. When I went to exchange it, they were out of stock. I was told that only a refund was possible. There was no way they could call me when new stock arrived, nor resell the bag to me at the discounted price.

I really have no sympathy for bricks and mortar stores who can’t get customer service basics right. They’re the cause of their own demise.

Grafton

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Never able to deliver on online orders!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

For a company as large as David Jones You would think they have it together when it comes to online shopping. Three times I have ordered from them for them and three times they have stuffed up. The first time they sent the wrong product out and made exchanging difficult. The last two times the products haven’t even been sent. The 2nd time the parcel was a ghost parcel. Appearing to have been shipped but then never actually existing.. the products no longer in stock when I advised DJ’s of this. This last time the items ‘due to a fault in their website’ are not available. Products they normally stock in Large quantities suddenly seem out of stock. They charged my credit card for this out of stock purchase which they have advised they aren’t posting.

I have well and truly learnt a lesson never to purchase from DJ’s Online again.

Melbourne

Worst customer service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I have ordered some products online and apparently there was a some system issues and some products were listed with no price. However, I have added a couple to my order (more samples items) and everything went ok and added to my purchase and paid for everything. Later in a day they cancelled the free ones saying two days later that was a human error and cannot fulfil the complete order. Extremely poor CS, everywhere will honour the order if it was a company fault or issue. It’s not about the products its all about being open mind and provide a great CS!

Customer service at MAC counter Adelaide

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

It's all too common that customers are left waiting while staff complete admin/paperwork. When did that become a priority? I could have bought my product online and in future will do so. And that means less bricks and mortar shops and fewer jobs for sulky staff like the young lady who "served" me at the David Jones Adelaide MAC counter.

Brisbane

Private message

Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

When David Jones has customer experience as apart of their strategic pillars. I find that quite funny considering they cant deliver on their own strategic objectives. 3rd time i've purchased an item on their site using a discount code and then 3 days later they say that unfortunately the item is actually not in stock (even though it stated online and I received my confirmation email) and they cant deliver what I ordered. All I get is an apology typed template thats used in all their emails. No compensation received whatsoever. I have been emailing with a gentleman called Prime and all he sends me is a sad apology email with the same template wording over and over again. He could've provided me with a future discount code to use when items are restocked, but apparently its too hard.

I now shop at Myer because they are more reliable and when something goes wrong on their behalf, they compensate. They understand what customer service is all about not David Jones.

• 10 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

David Jones Sydney City refused to exchange faulty Foreo Luna product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2018

I bought 2 Foreo Lunas for myself and another for my Mum for her birthday. Mine is still going after a month but Mums packed it in after a week. Firstly the charge barley lasted then it was turning itself on and the auto switch off failed, then it failed to charge at all. Mum tried to return it through Foreo direct who where a nightmare. So we went to the point of sale David Jones city store to exchange it which at first was all going ok. Then the sales person told us in the middle of doing the change over that they couldn't exchange it as Foreo demanded they do a return order and send it back for testing. Its not a complicated product, it recharges and vibrates to cleanse with an auto switch off after 3 minutes. As my Mum pointed out it can easily be tested - it doesn't work. We then got a David Jones Manager to come and assess this for return and still they refused to do it. Absolute disgrace from both Foreo and David Jones on a simple product at this price point and according to my understanding is totally against the Australian consumer law. If a product is faulty the point of sale should exchange and refund it then and there and take up the issues with the manufacturer. It is also as I understand against David Jones' own returns policy on faulty goods and returns. We would of accepted an exchange understanding these things happen occasionally but will now only accept a refund. I will think twice before buying anything at a significant price point at David Jones The Manager at David Jones went on and on about 'the process' for the Foreo but failed to realise the trade practices act and their own sale return policy contradicted this. Not sure why the customer is left without a refund, exchange or even now the faulty product off being 'tested' because a major retailer has clearly failed to negotiate being a sales distributor of a product that isn't within their own customer service guidelines.

• 3 helpful votes

Disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Ordered online using PayPal, ordered cancelled 2 days later without any kind of notice. Wasted 30 minutes on the phone talking to the terrible customer service and got refunded in gift cards... Absolutely disgusting.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Personal Shopper Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

I spent 21/2 hours with Personal Shopper Fabiola yesterday. This is my third experience with Fabiola helping me find the right outfit. Not only did she find two perfect options for my daughter's wedding complete with accessiories but we topped up my winter wardrobe as well. It is a pleasure to have an independent person like Fabiola to be honest about how things look as well as making suggestions I would have never thought of without having the hard sell approach. Thanks again Fabiola for another great experience, see you in a couple of months to organise my mother.

Totally useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

These people are good at making excuses for their rubbish service but not doing anything about it. Customers deserve better. The information about the items is unclear, the cancellation process abysmal. Because of a typo they failed to cancel an order and cancellled someone else's by mistake. No one bothered to cross reference the order. The order I wanted cancelled arrived and then I had to ring them to try for a refund. Now I'm waiting for a reply paid bag so I can send the items back before I can get my money back. Totally useless policies and procedures. If you go out of business its your own fault.

Private message

Online support is my mixed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I was trying to purchase electrical goods from interstate. I wanted to query warranties. The response from their messenger service “contact the manufacturer”. The response from their email gave me full details. Obviously depends on who you get and whether they can be bothered.

Verified Customer

The worst service I’ve ever received

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I recently placed an order with Davidjones online store for some items of clothing, once my items were delivered I discover they are the wrong size.... even after ensuring all items ordered showed as “in stock” on their website.. so confused I call their customer service line where no effort is made to fix the problem, I’m offered a replacement from one of their stores, but only if I pay the additional postage charges or I can return the items by posting it back to them in my own time and at my own expense... it takes me pointing out how ridiculous this system is before I am offered a prepaid postage bag to return the items. just absolutely ridiculous, why bother having an online store, if everything that is listed as “in stock” is in fact out of stock. I used to shop at Davidjones regularily, but now I think I’ll take my money to Myre...

• 2 comments

Easy Online Shopping

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Not having time to go to the nearest David Jones during the week, I have started shopping on the David Jones website. I have just made my 3rd purchase and am happy with the consistent fast deliveries and smooth online ordering process. The items are packed really well and securely. Would give them 10 stars if I could!

David Jones market st collect in Sydney

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Very bad.. I went there today to David Jones market st to collect my item and I actually wants to return it and get a refund. But this old lady serve me so rude and told me to go to ground level to go to customer service to get the refund because she said there’s nothing to do with us. Ok I went downstairs the lady down stair said just go to Elisabeth st David Jones when I went to Elisabeth st David Jones she said go back to the first one market st. I came back to click and collect level 3 market st Sydney and the rude old lady still doesn’t want to serve me she goes everywhere and leave me waiting. So I’m so tired so many things to do and I left. She’s so rude and so bad to me for no reason. I hate to go David Jones now

sunshine coast

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

Helpful and friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2018

I recently rang David Jones for online shopping help. The staff member Aaron who answered my enquiry about the order I placed being split into two deliveries was very helpful and satisfied my concerns. Thanks Aaron worth a mention for your good work.

Terrible Customer Service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Bad customer service ever. I can't collect my stuff even I paid for it. I took me half an hour to travel to click & collect store to collect my item. When I arrived they said that because I didn't have any document to show that I lived in the address on the bill, so I couldn't collect my stuff. But the point is they didn't mention it on the email they sent me, and for other usual stores, they didn't ask for it. So how can I know I need to bring it if they didn't tell me. I even showed them my ID card, the card I paid for my item, my bank account was deducted and receiver was david jones. But I still couldn't collect my stuff. It wasted my time.

1 of 23 pages

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Monika asked on Jan 20, 2017

Answer this

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?

brian asked on Apr 13, 2015

Answer this

Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright though

Yes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?

stephen asked on Apr 30, 2014

Answer this

I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)

If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.