cancelled my order, now i have $1000 gift card I don't need

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

saw a pair of shoes I wanted for a while, and it was on sale last week, so I purchased $1000 David Jones gift card (EB 10% OFF GC, so actual cost $900) and ordered the shoes.
received an email from them, saying due to stock error, they will not fulfill my order and refund me the gift card.
1) I do not want gift card back, I want you to cancel my gift card, and refund me in actual dollars I paid for the gift card.
2) the shoes that they can not send to me are still available for purchase on David Jones online.

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

online shopping at David Jones

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

I ordered an item online, click and collect. Payment taken, confirmation received. Next day advised the item no longer available.
I asked how that could be when the item had been purchased and confirmed. Advised by DJ worker they didnt know but would give a full refund. Seriously, what else did they think they would give me.
Very disappointed l have been a loyal customer to the DJ brand but no longer. Will not shop there again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Bought boots. They were shipped next day. Was delayed in post a couple of days. Australia Post fault. David Jones refunded my delivery cost no questions. Happy with the service I received. Boots fit and look great. Definitely buy from again.

Great New Store!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

The new store in Wollongong is very nice. Food court is fantastic and has a great range of products. Fruit and veg is pricey but looks to be top quality.

Bad cosmetic sales at David Jones

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

This is not the first time that I experienced such bad sales in DJ. 10/10 around 5:30PM, I went to MQ centre DJ to get a lip stick. An Asian sales gave me an impatient face with having a sign.

Make a fitting appointment with any empty shop ??

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

Went to DJs at Carindale Sunday morning as the Wife required new Bras, Went into the Lingerie area which was empty except for two staff, we approached the Senior lady re fitting assistance and were told that she was the only person on and we needed to make an appointment for fitting assistance. We looked around at the empty department and we left. Thank you to Bras and things their fitting Lady was a great help and made the not small sale for it.

Perth

• 1 answer

Sinking ship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

Went to the CBD David Jones in Perth Saturday 7th October 2017. Almost everything went wrong. Was about to hit the elevator when I noticed by baby had fell asleep in the pram. I thought great, I'll grab a bite at the food hall during baby's nap. Went around, had a look at all the stations, noticed some were empty, it used to be full years ago. Decided on sushi bar and juice bar. I sat down with my sushi at the juice bar as it was the only place with free seats and space to put the pram. I ordered a fresh young coconut while seated and was told I had to come around to order...It was such a hassel with pram in tow and then having to pull pram and sit myself back down. I couldn't see why they couldn't serve me from my seat. For the premium price they were charging they could have offered a premium service but they did not. Not only that, they gave me an old coconut. The flesh was hard and they lost most of the juice putting it in another container. Why could they not have left the juice in the coconut and just put a straw in. When I asked for a metal spoon for scooping out the coconut flesh they gave me the same flimsy plastic spoon. Have they no common sense, you can't scoop hard coconut flesh with weak plastic spoons! The first one broke. Left for the 3rd floor. The zimmerman women's collection looked nice. Entered children's wear, and baby woke up. Took baby to parent's room for a feed and it was unpleasant. The individual nursing rooms are tiny, can't even maneuver a pram clearly and it smelled like urine. Fed baby, went back out to browse children's wear. Picked out a Tommy Hilfiger long sleeve top size 6 girls and white shorts. There were signs everywhere saying a further 25% red ticket items. Tommy Hilfiger was not an excluded brand, so can't understand why when it came to checking out time the lady could not manually inputted the discount for the shirt. The shorts scanned with the discount. I told her all the signs say it should be discounted further. Again, lack of common sense. The Karrinyup David Jones ladies all did it the day before, why can't she...hmmm. She asked if I still wanted the shorts. I said, no, I only wanted them as a set and walked away. On my way out on the Hay street level, this rude family, all adults and kids had turned on all the xmas toys making a huge noise. Why no one told them off I don't know. I certainly would not want to buy a used toy.

ADELAIDE

• 4 helpful votes

Hopeless online experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

I ordered a pair of women's shoes and received an email of confirmation and a date to expect them
2 days later an email that they could not supply....why the heck do you have items you can't supply. I had to ring and supply the details ...so I had to do the work...and money may be received in 3 business days. Is this company for real....it's 2017...they are totally clueless...I buy everything online ......never again

Not good enough David Jones tugerah

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

Wanted a specific item that was on sale item was still on rack but was informed Claudia that it was on hold by a customer that was still in store so she could not sell it to me due to the policies but ordered me one from a Sydney store I purchased it but I wanted that item today not next week she informed me if the lady was not in shop she could sell it to me so even though I informed her we were going away for weekend I was willing to wait 1 hour and see if the lady came back to purchase it the lady had left the store and the man at counter that I explained this to said sorry can’t help you she has left the item on hold until 1.30 pm she was not in the store and there was no real guarantee she was going back to buy it I said I’ve already purchased one but am happy to purchase this one too but they would not do it as they were worried they would disappoint this specific customer well guess what I’m a customer to a very disappointed customer who was told due to this policy u went against ur own words and now I will not come back and shop here again

Very helpful sales woman

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

When looking at the fine glassware products recently, we were helped by Rita. She was friendly, approachable and extremely helpful. There should be more sales people like her. Thank yo Rita.

Brisbane

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Salespeople must be on commission

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Went to buy a royal doulton set for $300 and asked the salesperson if they were going to sale in the upcoming mid-season sale. The lady told me no, so I took it to the counter. Went to pick up another item, a new guy was there and told me they were getting reduced in the sale if I waited 1 day. The First Lady butted back in and said that was wrong and they specifically weren't included. So I bought it. Next day I see the exact same set for sale for $170! So annoyed at this saleslady wish I took. Down her details so I could formally complain. Who has a spare $130 to blow into thin air when I would have been more than happy to come back the next day to buy it.

Buy elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Purchased an online click and collect order at 9am. DJ website says that "Order by 1pm for pick up free, after 4pm the same day." Get a call the next day from store saying 1 of my 2 items is not available and customers who are at the store have brought all the stock already. Tells me that they are only obligated to check click and collect orders 3 times a day. What a terrible excuse considering I made the order the previous day at 9am. Worst thing is, when I go to pick up my order and get a refund for the cancelled item, they force me to take a DJ gift card instead of refunding me cash. Useless.

Chisholm, NSW

• 1 question
Private message

Extremely inefficient service no matter what you buy. This is about online shopping

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

For many years I have chosen any other retailer rather than David Jones. They have attitude when you buy in the stores or call for assistance. I had hoped for better services from their online service having had such great assistance from eBay and that's great service.

Several weeks ago I saw online a Fossil hybrid smartwatch which is like so many products these days. You could only find it online and retail outlets were of little or no service at all. I saw the model i wanted listed on David Jones on line and before i ordered it, sent an email asking if there was stock as it was listed online. They were not available on the phone on a Sat morning (3 of the stores had advised me that they only had the different model but that online did had the stock that was listed).

Almost 4 days later i received a message from an online customer service assistant who advised that they couldn't find it even though i could and sent them the link. Anyone out there want some advise? if you want to buy safely online there is only one way. Use eBay who also uses the PayPal account system for payment. It is so reliable.

David Jones....get your act together..you have lost the sale to eBay and I cant wait to tell everyone how poor your service is. The watch is listed on your web site as FOSSIL Accomplice Blue Hybrid Smartwatch. Here's my link to your web site.

A very disgruntled customer.

Abhorrent online service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I purchased a pair of designer shoes from the online store four days ago and have not even had confirmation that they have the item. The website advised that the item would be delivered between 3 and 7 days. Upon calling to check on the order I was told that it would be easier for me to go in store to purchase the item. In subsequent phone calls it cant be confirmed whether they have the item. Upon requesting a refund the staff could not even confirm that this could be achieved. I have paid and don't have the item, nor a refund. Misleading and deceptive conduct (section 18 of schedule 2 of the Australian Competition and Consumer Act). Don't shop here!

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Kudos to the two women in garden city branch (nine west and wittner section) who help me in picking the right shoes for me. Appreciate your patience and assistance. I'm so happy with my shoes

Can not find anyone to assist you.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

This is the third time I have been unable to find a shop assistant in the clothing department. I walk to the cosmetic department for them to then have to also go searching with me to find someone who can assist me in the clothing department. The loss of profit this company must go through due to their lack of staff. Customers go there to spend their money, and yet can't even find anyone to give it to. Honestly, it's pathetic, no wonder Myer is taking over.

Rude service at Claremont store

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Daughter professional well dressed in dress section tries on several items. Loose security tag falls and sets off beep. Door banged shouting by older assistant. "What's going on in there" etc assistant takes garment reattaches tag same again falls off more banging shouting so daughter felt so embarrassed yet again Then rudely asked so are you going to take any? This is a high end frequent shopper they have lost Not a lone experience talking to friends re that store
Male clothing section experience totally different pleasant efficient service but women's wear forget it Myers stores can't do enough re service

Staff Hassel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

Hay Street Perth, level 3, women's designer section. As soon as I walked into the change room with a selection of on sale designer gear, I was hasselled by the staff. Two bossy sales assistants asked within 1 minute of each other, knocking on the change room door to see if I needed anything. get a grip girls!! I wasn't going to seal your heavily discounted sales items. And I was wearing a $500 DKNY dress from MYER at the time. Service service service - it really counts. Better luck next time - I went to MYER

melbourne, VIC

• 1 helpful vote

expensive but is ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

customer service a bit slow. it might because not many staff standby. price a bit more higher then other store. have to shopping around to compare . I bought baby toy today. thats ok . however this kind of store should has something better.like better services. better offer.but they dont.

• 2 helpful votes

Poor Customer Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I purchased a sealy queen size bed display item from them 1st of Aug. They said they can deliver it on Friday. They called me today and said they can't deliver the "Display stock" because they have an agreement to Sealy that they have to have a "NEW display" in order for the "old display stock" to be delivered to me.

The earliest delivery for the "Display stock that's already there, will be next week on Friday again.

First of all we purchased the "Display STOCK" because it's already there available for delivery. We didn't ask for a new stock straight from the manufacturer.

Now i told them i will just refund the money and minutes later guess what. IT's possible now for the "DISPLAY STOCK" to be delivered on Friday after i demanded a refund.

IF IT's Possible, why do i have go through all these non sense about policies from SEALY manufacturer and them. It's not our part of the problem.

I just said no. I will just get the refund and buy from somewhere else.

Thanks DAVID JONES for the ordeal.

1 of 19 pages

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Monika asked on Jan 20, 2017

Answer this

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?

brian asked on Apr 13, 2015

Answer this

Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright though

Yes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?

stephen asked on Apr 30, 2014

Answer this

I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)

If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.