Store type: Physical store

carpet cut during process of fitting shutters

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

we purchased plantation shutters and these were fitted november 2018.
the installer advised us during the fitting he accidentally cut the carpet and advised head office .
he said someone would be in contact to repair the carpet.we gave them a week and after started calling our local shop in tuggerah..NSW..they in turn said head office would call us regarding the repairs.
Head office didnt call us so we got the number from local store and called them they said someone would call and repair the carpet..
we got a call from the carpet layer who said he cant find the property and as it was nearing xmas we would have to wait till after..
after xmas we called into local store(after buying a rug from them)and reported that the carpet layer hasnt been in touch with us.
Local guys again called head office..we never got a call from them again..
16th january I again called local shop..(i feel sorry for the local guys as they are flabbergasted that head office havent followed up the repair work...)
I also contact the installer to tell him the simple carpet fix hasnt been repaired..
Decorug has no customer service so can only imagine what would happen if it was a major problem...
I though the local shop may have been a franchise and thus wanting to deal locally...Iam sure a private individually owned business would offer better customer service...

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Dale We apologise for the inconvenience caused, we have looked into this warranty claim. We dont want you to feel as though we have ignored you, I believe there must of been a misunderstanding,... read more »

Awesome Timber Installation!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

Luckily, DecoRug had Gerard come in and install timber floorboard in my apartment. He did an excellent work! I appreciate that he took his time to lay it out beautifully and didn't take shortcuts for the sake of just finishing a job. He's professional, friendly and patient enough to explain heaps of questions I asked. He cleaned everything up after which I didn't expect him to do. I will definitely have him do all my timber jobs in the future. 10/10 for Gerard!

Rug Purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

This is the second time I have visited Deco Rug to buy - great selection/good quality for price. Helpful staff So happy with my choice - will definitely be going back - can check online prior to make your decision a bit easier

Weatherill park

Private message

Decorug prospect best in the business

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Went in to purchase flooring and carpet from Decorug prospect and have not looked back since. Service from alex was amazing floors and carpet looking very good. Have also sent family and friends over they have been very happy with the service and quality.

New carpet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

The service from top to toe was awesome. The measurements were checked twice so no mistakes were found. The carpet is absolutely beautiful.

Sydney

• 3 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

overall bad experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

We ordered laminate flooring for upstairs of our new home.
the sales part went well with sale people from Marsden Park [names removed]
[name removed] came to our home to measure. Then their subcontractor installer came again to measure again.
They claim they have their own installers which is not true.
We got very rude installers (Iranian team).
First they couldn't find our address and started freaking out over phone and telling us that they would go back to warehouse and we would need to book installation again. Apparently their navigation sent them through closed road and they didn't have brains to search for alternatives. I had to "rescue" them at the nearest Woolies and bring them to the house.
Secondly, when they arrived they said the warehouse didn't give them the stair nosings and therefore they would't be able to do much at that day. They were encouraging us to call Decorug and complain. I think they are enjoying the fact that the customer is not happy and complaining to the main office... very "professional" approach. That day they laid 9 sq. m. of laminate out of 70 and left.
Next, they were very rude to all our questions about the scope of work and estimated completion. We have mentioned that we would need everything to be finished by the weekend and we were moving the house over weekend and the installers kept saying they would need to come on Monday. That was very stressful for us as .
Finally, they have done a bad flooring job. The floor looks bad, there are huge gaps on the stairs between laminate and skirtings. we have some boards chipped and now have no idea how to repair it.
They have left a mess in the house. Since they were cutting inside and they didn't install any protecting covers anywhere, the whole double storey house was covered in dust. The dust is everywhere (floors, walls, ceilings). No one cared about cleaning after themselves.
They have also left many-many marks on our walls. Some of them will need re-paining.
I repeat this was a brand new house !!! they didn't care about it at all.

We also had to install slip resistance strips to our stairs. it is included into our invoice but when the installers came they said they don't know anything about this and don't have any strips. So nothing has been installed.

We have complained about their behaviour to their office the first day but no one responded to us.
We have not complained about quality as even thinking that those guys would come to our home again just makes us sick...

So if you want to buy from them, I would say yes, why not.
But never ever arrange their installation. You may end up with the same guys and that will be ugly.

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our installers. In order to approve our service, we have referred the issue to our customer resolutions manager to get in contact with you dir... read more »

Very good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Gerard was very nice during the whole task. He did work professionally, good workmanship and very coorperative.I will definitely recommend decorug without hesitation.

Customer Service Prospect DecoRug

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Wonderful Customer Service from Angela and Alex at Prospect.Highly recommend them. A few hiccups but they on to it.Adam great to deal with.Naz and his team(Sri and Madhu) did a great job on my Oak Laminate floors. Love them.Luke and Adam were also great and were honest in letting us know that we had an issue with a couple of shutters.Look fantastic.
Angela, has followed up with me to keep me updated on . Great Personal Customer Service, and she need to be commended.

Verified Customer

Decorug Prospect - Best service possible and high quality everything!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

So happy to work with Angela (new nickname Angel).
The carpet, floorboards and rug are just beautiful and the shutters really make our home simply stunning.
Highly recommend Angela and the team. They were professional throughout the entire process and worth every cent. I wish everyone were as easy to deal with as Decorug Prospect. Thank you thank you thank you!

You had one job!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We chose a high-end carpet which was around $80pm and the in-store staff were lovely. After that everything was a nightmare. The installer turned up, put chips in the wall (some up to 5inches long), didn't bring a trim and was planning to put the 20 year old plastic cream trim back down over our silver carpet (!!!), then left our home a complete mess. We had to move everything in with the carpet being a trip hazard as it wasn't stuck down. Deco Rug wanted to send him back, but we refused to have him. Another installer arrived on a Friday at around 4.15pm with no instructions. When I explained he also needed to put carpet (which we paid for) in the bottom of the wardrobes he refused as he finished at 5pm. He used so much glue to secure the carpet trim it bubbled out from underneath the trim as it dried. Everytime I see the wall chips, everytime I see the carpet fray against the wall and everytime I see the glue marks where we had to chisel It off the trim I think of this terrible, terrible company. Never again.

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

We bought a rug from Decorug Prospect this weekend. Reasonably priced & excellent customer service by Alex and Omar. Happy about everything...

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Bharti, so glad to hear that you are happy with your DecoRug purchase. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Have a lovely day!

Excellent service and product!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Purchased a rug at decorug prospect. Service was amazing. Product was just as good. Definitely recommend Alex and decorug prospect to family and friend.

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Siva, so happy to hear that you are happy with your DecoRug purchase- thanks for taking the time to let us know. Have a lovely day!

Verified Customer

Gerard is a true professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

The 5 stars are for Gerard as he was sent to fix up some shabby work and finish a job. Gerard was very friendly, he was easy to talk/ discuss things with, the his attention to detail showed in the quality of work and the area was left spotless. A true professional, just wish we had him in the beginning.
It took a long time for this job to be finished due to lack of workmanship and communication and the fact it took me many phones calls so I won’t be recommending Decorug.
Again thanks Gerard, it is finally finished to a professional level!

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Karen, apologies that the job was not finished to your satisfaction the first time around. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review- we will be sure to pass this feedback onto Gerard. Have a lovely day.

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Extremely poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Paid deposit in August, measured first week Sep and told at time two to three weeks for carpet installation. Few weeks later told carpet not in stock until end of October. Then had to chase them up, to bed told it was now actually November. Booked in for installation finally, and no one turned up. Re-booked for the next week at 1pm, they turned up at 10am. The head office is a shambles and very unorganized. Do not bother with this company. The sales people in the local store were pleasant enough, yet could not accurately advise or communicate on the supply and installation of the order, as everything goes though head office once deposit is paid. Oh, and if they say free installation, check the fine print. You need to buy 40sqm to get it, anything less and they will tell you after taking your deposit you don't qualify for free instillation. Much the same as when confirming order they say few weeks to installation, then it takes over three months. They will also charge you extra costs such as delivery of carpet to installer. Try Carpet Call people. Decor rug is not worth the poor service.

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Kate, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
Our apologies that your experience with DecoRug has not been a positive one.
Could you please message me your order number so that we can look into this for you?

Great job and Thanks!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

I could not recommend the team at Deco Rug highly enough. Not everything was smooth sailing due to multiple factors, but the team did whatever they could to work out the issues that was not just their fault. Once sorted out, the flooring and shutters looked great and I am very happy. I have been a repeat customer at both the Fortitude Valley and Skygate Brisbane airport site and the professionalism that their manager Kaan has shown is outstanding. He is a real asset to the organisation and I personally thank him for his assistance.

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Richard, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that you are happy with your DecoRug experience. We will be sure to pass on this feedback to Kaan. Have a lovely day!

Excellent job by Gerard

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

I had Gerard who came to completely replace all the floating floorboard which were not installed correctly to begin with.
He very friendly and explained exactly what he would be doing. He was professional and cleaned up after himself.
Thank you!!

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Rita, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. So happy to hear that Gerard was able to sort this out for you- we will be sure to pass the feedback on to him. Have a lovely day!

Unhappy Customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

My dealings with this company started out ok the salesman who came and measured up was helpful and knowledgeable so we decided to go with them paying our money upfront to lock in the date i wanted the job completed on. The installer turned up on time so we left him to do the job as we where going on holidays. That is when the drama started he did not have enough carpet to complete the job and left the house a mess with bits of carpet everywhere. This 2 metre piece of carpet finally was installed 5 weeks later after multiple phone calls and having to go into the store and demand the job i paid for be completed. I will never use this company again and advise others the same.

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our apologies that this has happened.
Could you please send through your order number so that we can look into this matter further?

Invoice 278950

Sinnamon Park

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer

Extremely disappointed and will not come back or recommend anyone Deco Rug

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Paid deposit for $10000+ worth of flooring work to be done at my entire house. I have been told to tell Deco Rug store two weeks before I want to get it done and when I did, head office contacted me and said they couldn't do it in two weeks, it has to be four weeks!? I was a bit annoyed at that time, because it means I need to sort out another two weeks of accommodation for our family of four. Clearly lack of communication between head office and the actual store. When it's finally the day to do the installation, I have been told wrong product has been ordered so I need to wait another four weeks to be done!!!?!? To make the situation worse, I also been told that when they removed the carpet, there will be extra cost if they need to prep the floor which I was never aware of. It wasn't even written on the quote I received!? I mean how much is extra cost? What happen if I don't agree with the extra cost, what then??? Not get it done again??

Before I made my decision to go with Deco Rug, everything seems to be like piece of cake and promising. Now with all these hidden problem and stuffing around, it has ruined my plan completely. Ditching and finding a different suppliers will take time again and with Christmas coming up soon, it will take even longer to get my flooring done if I find someone else. I felt trapped and obliged to pay whatever extra cost they tell me for prepping my floor. Not to mention the inconvenience and expense that have cost me for finding accommodation for extended delay and now potentially I will need to pay more than what I was preparing for. Extremely disappointed and frustrated with the entire process. I will not come back again nor will I recommend to anyone I know.

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Bella,
Thanks for taking the time to leave the review. So sorry to hear about your negative experience. Could you please provide your order number and best contact number via message so that we can look into this for you?

Order # 267663 and my mobile number is 0421867234

Verified Customer

Our floorer Ali was the best ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

We bought luxury vinyl flooring from DecoRug at Alexandria. It was laid in August 2018 by Sli and his team. We are very happy with the product and even happier with the service we received from the amazing Ali from Iran. He came on the weekend to finish off when we experienced delays during the week, because they knew our painters had to start on the Monday. Ali advised us about a safety issue at the top of our stairs that was not part of his job, saying he had been worrying about it the previous night. He came up with a solution. The care and attention he took in ensuring quality work was just wonderful. We could not recommend his service enough highly

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Chris, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. So glad to hear that you are happy with your DecoRug purchase and we will be sure to pass on the feedback to Ali.
Have a lovely day!

Excellent service and installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Very happy with the entire process from carpet selection to quotation, measurement and installation. Great communication at all stages. Highly recommend this store.

Comments
Deco Rug Official

Hi Kelly, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! So happy to hear that everything went smoothly with your carpet installation. Have a lovely day.

1 of 11 pages