Australia

Model: EC685M (Silver) Date Purchased: Nov 2017

This is a beautiful machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

I enjoy the coffee made from this machine. It probably doesn’t get quite as hot as a fully equipped coffee machine and the pressure heads definitely weaken the coffee a bit, but it still makes a beautiful shot and is very easy to use. Would recommend for something on the lower end scale price but wanting to drink less coffee out.

Dernancourt

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: EC685W (White) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Great Little Performer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Produces a very good short black with plenty of crema. Simple to use. Good quality unit for the price. The steamer could do with being a little more powerful, but I really can’t complain with the unit as I didn’t spend $700-800 for something that I would rate similar. Great machine Delonghi!

Model: EC680M (Silver) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

You better be a true barista to operate this machine

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I bought this on amazon. Hate this machine, as I wasted more espresso when the water would not brew and drip and got stuck frequently. Would not matter if I packed the espresso lose or tight had many issues. Also the milk froth leaked water in my milk and watered it down. Waste of money and difficult to operate!!! I’m apparently not a barista or this is defective machine.

Gold Coast

• 2 comments

Model: EC685BK (Black) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

It was a good machine, till it wasn't

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

In six months this machine has played silly buggers six times, did a full descale each time, unscrewed the filters etc, even soaked them in napisan overnight, water still wont pump through the basket. We use filtered rainwater. I'm ready to get a refund on this and never go near DeLonghi again... With so much trouble with the Scultura, now this, I'm a bit disappointed. And of course your machine only craps itself when you are craving your morning cup o' Joe...

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Model: EC685R (Red) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great for small spaces

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

It's my first coffee machine. I had no issue whatsoever with it after using it for 6 months. It's the best machine to learn the art of home brewing coffee. I experiment with temperature and filter by using pressurised and non-pressurised.

I found the quality is very consistent once you know the amount and tamping pressure.

The only improvement I would suggest is increasing the height of the portafilter docking to allow travel mugs to fit in.

Townsville

Model: EC685M (Silver) Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Lovely and creamy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I love the coffee this machine can produce. Nice and strong and a very easy machine to use however... it seems to need a descale a lot. We live on rainwater so it shouldn't need it but I run it through without the actual fluid just water and the light goes out till next time.. so it seems to be on a timer for descaling not actually needing it. The base is too high for me but can be removed although you need a smaller base cup to fit as a larger mug I have to sit on an angle. It also seems to not be able to pump the water through if you tamp too hard. My old machine I could tamp as hard as I wanted but this seems quite picky and just that bit too tamped and I have to wait for the pressure to subside and start over. Very nice coffee when I get it all right though and a nice narrow size machine. Needs to be held down when you tighten the handle in or the whole machine moves.

Model: EC685M (Silver) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Great entry level coffee machine for home coffees.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Quite a good machine, certainly worth the value for money and price. It pays to spend time practising with this machine and running it in. Also the quality of your grind is essential between a bad and good coffee. Once i shifted to a good grinder, i can now make perfect single or double shot espressos. The steamer does the job, but isn't exceptional.

Model: EC685BK (Black) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

DeLonghi Dedica

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

The quality of the coffee produced by this coffee machine is very good, and I am satisfied that the quality of the coffee produced is consistent. There is a need to improve the temperature of the coffee produced by this coffee machine. It is not possible to keep the temperature of the coffee produced every time consistent, and there will be deviations, which will lead to differences in taste.

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: EC685M (Silver) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Versatile little machine that punches above its weight.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

My upmarket (but old) Jura machine died and the prospect of spending heaps to get it mended was looming. We took our time and looked at all offerings with 15 bars of pressure. I kept coming back to the Dedica and was mostly impressed by how little space it takes up on the kitchen bench despite its 15 bar pressure and also the fact that it call also use pods (which would be handy for emergencies) . So far I haven't used the pod feature and note that these are the ESE Easy Serving Espresso which I still need to track down -re hard to find). I grind my coffee in a Nutri-Bullet so it is very fine which may contribute to the good strength of the pour. The frother on the side is quick, simple and hot enough and you can manipulate it easily to make large or fine foam. This is an excellent feature. Oh, and best of all, it is a lot cheaper than the other machines (got a lowest price match) yet has all the same features (except an onboard grinder) is simple to use and makes a good cuppa. We love it.

Purchased at: Myer

Great coffee machine - easy to use & clean

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

We had a coffee machine before which used pods but I like the fact that with this machine you can use pods or fresh coffee. Now we can get freshly ground coffee which tastes and smells better than the pods and is much more cost effective.
The machine is easy to use (once you've got used to it) and easy to clean. The milk frother is also easy to use and clean.
It's not too big so will fit into smaller kitchens.

Model: EC685R (Red) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I love delonghi products. My last coffee machine (delonghi icona) lasted approx 6 years before I had to replace it.
This one is even better! The pressure, heat and steam produced are incredible for a home machine. I have over 10 years experience as a barista and have recommended these machines to countless friends and customers as a home machine

Model: EC685M (Silver) Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Slow to heat milk, but the coffee tastes great.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Bought for $250 for Christmas and it's actually alright. The coffee tastes great, and we buy our packets from coles - so that says something.

One flaw is the steamer is a little slow, it would take me almost a full minute to heat the milk to 65 Degrees.
The only other flaw is you can't drink from regular sized mugs with this model. They just don't fit under the group handle.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Adelaide, SA

• 3 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 24 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: EC685M (Silver) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Very happy with this coffee machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

After a lengthy personal debate of whether to go for the convenience of pods or the extra effort (and expense) required of an espresso machine, I decided to do neither, and stick to buying my barista-made double-shot flat whites. Then I saw this machine on special at Amazon, so decided to take a punt.

To be honest, the Dedica took me a little time to get used to. Initially I struggled to produce a good coffee consistently, however I can now say that I have mastered it.

The key is having the right size cups (170-180ml). For me, this is an absolute must if you are a flat white or latte drinker. Using these made the biggest difference. I also invested in a tamping mat, milk frothing jug and a metal tamper.

On the negative side - the machine is fairly noisy when making the coffee. The final coffee is not quite as hot as I like it, despite my programming it to the hottest setting. There is no warning when the water tank is approaching empty, it just sounds louder (and slightly different) than when making coffee, so you have to keep an eye on the water level. The top of the machine is supposed to be a cup warmer, but takes too long to heat up so that doesn't really help.

On the positive side - it is beautifully compact and does not take up much bench space. It does not take long to fill and tamp the coffee in the portafilter and pull the shot. While the last drops of coffee are falling into your cup, you can start frothing the milk. The frother works really well - but you have to turn the dial all the way or you just get flashing lights. After frothing milk, the machine is too hot to continue, so you can't make any further coffee unless you turn the machine back to the coffee setting, place a glass under the frother and turn the frother on again. This forces water through the thermoblock and cools the machine down, and also cleans out the milk frother pipe. You can make two cups at a time which is handy, but if you have a large crowd wanting coffee, you may be at the machine for a while. In fairness however it is a compact coffee maker, not a cafe-sized one.

All in all I am very happy with it. I've tried various brands of ground coffee and coffee beans, and I can make decent flat whites quickly and easily, and now I can have one whenever I feel like it. So now i just need to invest in a knock bin...

Model: EC680M (Silver) Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Excellent espresso maker, and so compact!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

If you want a genuinely excellent, attractive espresso maker at a reasonable price but don't have a lot of room for one of the behemoth "standard" machines, the De'Longhi EC680 is exactly what you've been looking for.
This machine requires about the same amount of counter space as a Keurig coffee machine. Technically, it's only 2/3 the width of a typical Keurig, but you want to leave a little room on the right so that the steam wand remains easily accessible.

Adelaide, South Australia

• 1 comment

Model: EC685M (Silver) Date Purchased: May 2018

Great compact machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

This is a great little machine. Has the ability to make good coffee from a variety of ground coffee I throw at it. Takes up very little counter space has easy operation makes piping hot coffee and the frother works well. Longevity is unknown at this time but it seems to be good value.

TORONTO

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Minor details

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

The espresso maker is producing a great tasting shot.
Temp. level as well as shot volume are a bonus.
On the downside, the locking mechanism is unforgiven to extra coffee in the cup filter (will not allow you to lock into position). The pin hole at the bottom of the filter plugs easily. The cup tray stains and scratches in no time.

Model: EC685R (Red) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Coffe and style together!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

We are have had this for around six months now and have only good things to say about it. It looks great - really stylish stainless steel and red design, very 'Italian cafe' but the most impotant thing is the consistent output of delicious coffee. It is quite literally the first thing I head to when I get up, after the dunny. I don't froth milk, I just do a shot and sdd it straight from the carton. Delicioso results!

3 strikes out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

We bought a delonghi that we returned because we did not like the feature of needing to stop the flow. We bought a dedica, loving the sleek design and great features. After about 3 weeks of great coffee it stopped working. We descaled it and it still did not work. Thinking we bought a lemon, we exchanged it for the same model. Again, about a month of great coffee and the descale light came on. We descaled it following directions exactly, no coffee. What a disappointment! We really wanted this to work but these coffee machines have serious design flaws and we are experienced cappuccino brewers. Not worth the money or hassle.

Bentleigh

First stop every morning

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

This has been a very fast friendship, me and the dedica. Once I figured it quirks out it quickly became a reliable source of strong caffeine which means its the first place I go in the house before I have even rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Its (mostly) metal construction is good quality and the results are top notch. If you like good coffee, you will love this.

Lovely little shot maker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Started to learn how to make coffee In April and bought this tiny machine as my kitchen is not that big, it creates delicious coffee
it is easy to use and clean,it’s a bit hard to use at first as u have to get use to it
unfortunately it does not come with a milk forthing jug which makes me a little bit disappointed but the forther is quite good

1 of 10 pages

Hi I have delonghi dedica and after i completed descaling with tablet, i mistakenly turned off machine before i could run clean water through it. Now im having trouble finding setting where i can run clean water through it

Effie P asked on Dec 09, 2018

Answer this

Hi Effie. Mine is still very new

Hi Effie. Mine is still very new so I haven’t Descaled yet, but check this link for the manual.

Sorry, hope this helps ☺️

EC685R (Red)

Hello everybody. I have Delonghi EC685. After using the steamer option for milk, I press on of the first two buttons for coffee, and the machine gets stuck. The first two buttons start constantly flashing three times in white light, and I am unable to make coffee. Only thing I can do is to restart the machine. Any help is welcome. Thanks

Georgi Y asked on Nov 25, 2018

Answer this

Hi Georgi,

Restarting the machine after frothing to extract coffee is normal.

While frothing, the thermoblocks temperature is rasied and shut down is needed to lower the temperature.

Dont turn it on and off !!! the buttons are flashing because the machine is too hot for brewing , after using the steamer (and with the vapor button unselected ) just open the steam valve , to purge it , cold water will enter the coil and cool the machine, those lights will stop blinking and u can brew once more :D

EC685M (Silver)

Hi everyone, I just bought this machine last week and I have problems frothing the milk. It produces large bubbles and I've already tried to remove the pannarello wand as suggested in previous posts but when I start to froth the milk, the rubber thing that froths the milk pops out! My machine is just new so I know it doesn't need to be descaled. Any suggestions on how to solve this? Has this happened to anyone?

Sidz L asked on Nov 24, 2018

See all 47 questions about DeLonghi Dedica

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

EC685M (Silver) EC685R (Red) EC685BK (Black) EC685W (White) EC680M (Silver) ** EC680R (Red) ** EC680BK (Black) **
Price (RRP) $429 $429 $429 $429 $389 $389 $389
Input Power 1300w 1300w 1300w 1300w 1450w 1450w 1450w
Weight 4kg 4kg 4kg 4kg 4kg 4kg 4kg
Width 149mm 149mm 149mm 149mm 149mm 149mm 149mm
Height 330mm 330mm 330mm 330mm 330mm 330mm 330mm
Depth 303mm 303mm 303mm 303mm 305mm 305mm 305mm
Pump Pressure 15bar 15bar 15bar 15bar 15bar 15bar 15bar
Water Tank Capacity 1.1L 1.1L 1.1L 1.1L
Replaced By EC685M (Silver) EC685R (Red) EC685BK (Black)

** Replaced by another product
The main difference between these models is colour