Happy with my new house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

The build of my house was well managed by the team from start to finish. The workmanship and quality is quite good from what I inspected during the different stages. I had minor issues during the build and they were all sorted out with the team with no problems at all. My final cost compared to my estimate cost there was no change at all I new what I wanted when I saw the display home, build it exactly like that. After taking ownership of my new house I had another issue that needed fixing, rang up spoke to the warranty department and they sent someone out to come and fix it took a few weeks but got it fixed.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Prompt, efficient service.... just the way I like it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

The build was extremely well managed from start to finish, and the quality of workmanship was excellent! There was a couple of minor things that needed to be tweaked from the initial estimate, but were handled with a prompt and efficient service. A few adjustments were needed from the estimate to the final cost, but nothing that was out of the ordinary.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

I am Disgusted with the Warranty services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I am really disgusted with the terrible service I have received from DF homes. I have been trying to get the Warranty department to fix my house issues after completion of the building for more than one year after moving. I have trying to call the Warranty department at least 4 times a week for the last 6 months to fix my house issues that were left over after building completion, and I tried contacting Shun from the warranty almost every day and he never answered my calls or called me back, I have been very petition with this gangs but no more.

I need a solution to my problems, I am going to spread this message through the media like a fire.

Dennis Family Homes are the worst builder in Australia, save your money and time and build with others.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2011

Please avoid, terrible after care even when they make mistakes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Poor communication when highlighting work that was never carried out. No one calls you back and when you finally speak to someone you are talked over and ignored. I got told it was ok to have wires sticking out the side of my house cos the electrician said they were ok. No one from dennis family sent to look or looked at my original plans. Just palmed off. Still waiting after 7 years to see when i might be able to be connected to internet.

Excellent Salesman - Justin

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

From the moment we met Justin Engelke at the Dennis Family Homes sales office - he was A1.
Nothing was too much trouble - he spent a large amount of time assisting us with all of our requirements. He followed through each and every detail of contract and requirements.
He went above and beyond in all of our dealings with him. We would not hesitate in recommending Justin Engelke to anyone that needs a professional salesman with extensive knowledge in building with Dennis Family Homes.
We will definitely work with Justin in the future to build another house with Dennis Family Homes.
He also stepped in at the end of our build when we experienced a misunderstanding with our project and it was resolved immediately to our satisfaction... we really appreciated his professionalism and support.

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Andrea,

We're so glad you enjoyed the build process and thanks so much for building with Dennis Family Homes. We hope you continue to enjoy your dream home and create many wonderful memories for years to come.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

7 Month so far from land title and didn't start construction

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Building and start construction is very hard, I experienced a long time waiting for developer approval and variation after developer and that took me more than 6 months, Consultant and all staff working hard to help, but the process is very complicated, thanks, that we progress to step forward to construct, I hope that will be a good journey
Thanks Dennis

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2019

Excellent experience and great team at Dennis Family Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

We own land in Manor Lakes and we are also having our home built through Dennis Family Homes.
Originally we had agreed to build with Metricon however, we found the entire experience dreadful with them and in the end , decided to walk away and start over again. We researched several volume builders, visited countless display homes and spoke at length with various sales consultants. Then one day we drove over to Jubilee Estate and came across Jacky and Jan at the Dennis Family office. The rest is history!

Our experience ever since that first interaction has been second to none and I can hand on heart, say that we made the best decision ever to go with your organisation to build our dream home. Jacky has been an absolute delight to work with and we honestly feel like we have made two new friends in he and Jan. The level of customer service is exactly what I aspire to deliver myself in my own line of work, honesty, integrity and a real sense of understanding. Jacky is an exceptional guy and just so good at his job.

Our experience with dealings through the manor Lakes land sales office wasn't perfect in the beginning to be honest. We struggled to receive answers to some simple questions, didn't get called or emailed back when promised and it did become a little frustrating. Then one day I called the office and spoke to Emma Nelson, and again; the rest is history!

Emma has been outstanding. She is such a pleasure to deal with at all times. We realise that it must be difficult remaining composed and professional when there are so many agitated land owners becoming frustrated with unexpected delays, but Emma has really been amazing. Emma has always called back when she has promised to do so, she has kept us up to date with important updates and has really earned complete trust from my wife and I. To sum it all up , between Jacky, Jan & Emma, you have one hell of a team there at Dennis Corp.

They have all been so good to my family and we will never forget it.

We now just cannot wait to begin the next stage of our journey with Dennis Family Homes and start building our beautiful home in Lollipop Hill.

Wishing all at Dennis Family a great afternoon and a lovely weekend ahead!

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Patrick, We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your build journey. I hope you enjoy many years of happiness in your new home. Our hardworking DFH team will be thrilled to hear abo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Great service, exceeded our expectations.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

After all the negative stories we heard regarding building a new home we were expecting to face a few obstacles along the way and had braced ourselves for some headaches.
Happy to report we had none, other than the vandal who decided to enter our home by kicking in three doors close to hand over all went to plan. Even given the delay this incident caused our home will be still be ready for handover a month earlier than we expected.
The final cost was within the ball park of the first estimate. All variations due to us were credited back on our final invoice.
During ongoing routine inspections we can see the quality and workmanship of our build is great and are very happy with all aspects.
Given the extra support we received from our sales consultant when our home was damaged I would add an extra half a star if it was available.
So, thank you Lucas, Sasha, Robyn, Phil and all the staff and tradies at Dennis Family Homes Kangaroo Flat for all your help and for building us our beautiful home.
From Cheryle and Mick

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Cheryle,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our hardworking DFH team will be thrilled to hear about your happy journey.

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2020

Time Wasters & Cheaters

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

We had such a horrible experience with Dennis Family. This builder is not there to build your house, they are there to rip you off.
Worst every sales consultant I have seen. I even changed my sales consultant but looks like Dennis Family has employed some very lazy people.

Its been one and half a year and they still doing mistakes in variations and contract. Simple mistake to fix takes at least 4 weeks.
Dennis family has strategy to delay your contract and put you in situation that you have no bargain power and no power to make changes in home

They make false promises on credit back if you upgraded anything.
Two consultant they both give you different prices on item. No standard pricing for items you choose in home.
Sales consultant they just there to rip you off.

After 1 1/2 years of struggling with Dennis Family and paying them nearly 5k. I have pulled strings now I am and refund they offering me is just $1124 because they have work on it. I am not sure what work they have done, they just wasted my time. Since this is my first home because of Dennis family I have lost stamp duty refund on my land.

Never trust what Dennis Family sales consultant says. Always get it in writing from them because Dennis Family sales consultant never tell you whole truth. They just trick you. The sales consultant I dealt based at Pointcook victoria. No point it looks like whole Dennis Family is doggy company. I sent mails to GM and CEO but no action.

My suggestion would be if you thinking of building with Dennis Family than take my words, you will feel hell with them.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2016

Two years down the track and brick mortar has been found to be defective

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I would not recommend building with Dennis Family Homes (DFH). I have been deceived all along. They "finished" building my double story house and took them 6 weeks to wash the mortar residual of the bricks. I kept getting told that the bricks need to be washed by hand as the mortar was left on the bricks for too long!
Whose problem is it you may ask? All I can say this was intentional (to leave the mortar for long time) this was done to hide defective work. A week after the brick work was completed, DFH sent someone to clean the bricks using high pressure but noticed that mortar was too soft (defective) and started to blast off. So, they cleaned a small section (1m x 1m) and left it, fearing that I would detect the defective mortar work. The next move was to find someone to acid wash the bricks, gently, by hand which of course caused the bricks to discolour as the acid was left on the bricks for too long, which also caused other metal fittings and pips to corrode. Important to remember that I paid extra for the bricks.

Of course, the mortar is very soft, my 5-year-old is able to remove it with his finger, it’s basically too sandy. I have made a number of complaints to them and they have failed to even acknowledge my concerns. I had no choice but to complain to the Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria (DBDRV) which prompted few DFH managers to come to "test" the mortar with their weird method of testing and determined the mortar is not defective and refused to do anything. When matters progressed with DBDRV, their area manager contacted me and stated that they are willing to pay for an independent expert to test the mortar; few weeks later DFH legal team send me an email saying that I would need to pay half the cost of testing, which of course contradicted what I was told by the area manager. I stood my grounds they finally said that they would pay for the test.
The outcome of test did not come as a surprise to me and it stated that the mortar is defective and does not comply with the appropriate standards, it also noted that the front of the house is so sandy to the level that it will need to be re-mortared.
A mediation was facilitated by DBDRV and all DFH was offering is AGAIN band aid work to get away with the cheapest possible way and off course maximum interruptions, mess and dirt to our property.
I have made it clear that I do not trust DFH to conduct any work on my property due to their deceptive dealings with me, demonstrated by their alleged initial mortar test which they tried to make me believe that its passed hoping that I would go away and not continue with the complaint, coupled with their initial promise to fully pay for an independent expert tester then change their stand and ask me to pay half. In addition to 4 attempts to fix a water leak from the balcony floor, which took over a year to resolve due to numerous band aiding attempts and finally they decided to get a proper qualified water proofer to do it; this person told me that I'm not the only one and he has been sent around Melbourne to fix poor workmanship. The stairs are another case of band aiding (flimsy and dangerously wobbling rails), the floor boards cut too short, the sliding doors and way out (width variations top to bottom), poor design (kitchen cabinet doors swing against plaster walls) nowhere to hand towels in master unsuite , received the house WITHOUT A LIGHT in the rumpus which took 7 months of convincing that it was not MY FAULT that there was no light installed! No seals installed around door frames, flooding due to tiles laid with fall towards the house.

All the above and much much more have led me to the conclusion not to accept their standard of work and get a properly qualified tradies to fix the mess DFH have created. Of course, DFH refused to settle the matter and only offered to patch up and band air the poor mortar.
Save yourself the headaches and DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT building with them unless you are prepared to accept poor workmanship and quality otherwise you will end up at VCAT.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Dear Mark While we appreciate your feedback, Dennis Family Homes would like to emphasise that we have done our utmost to deal proactively with your complaint. We followed the recommendations of ... read more »

I have made it clear from the start that I no longer trust Dennis Family to conduct any work on my property. I have sufficient evidence to support my stand on this. İf you would like me to email... read more »

Tuesday, 30 October 2018 I replied to an email from DFH Building Manager. I have attached images as evidence of poor design, horrendous brick work, flooded patio and floor boards that were cut too... read more »

Mickleham

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Bad Workmanship and service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

My wife and I chose to build with Dennis Family Homes because we thought that they were a Boutique builder but now we are regretting our decision because of our on going concerns about items that require fixing but nothing is being done about this. It is coming up to 1 year now that we have been in the property. We have had many homes built by other builders and when we requested them to fix the problems we had, they took the responsibility to fix them in a specified amount of time, while Dennis Family homes won't even own up to these responsibilities. So be warned do not build with this company unless you are willing to go through the pain we are suffering.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Keith, We are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the level of service you have received. Your concerns are important to us and we would like the opportunity to discuss the issues you h... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

YOU WON'T REGRET BUILDING WITH DENNIS FAMILY HOMES!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

We could not be happier with our home! From start to finish we were looked after and kept in the loop, and there were no surprises along the way.
The quality of our house is a dream and everyone who walks through loves our home.
Thanks to Louise and Tobias who helped us from beggining to end. Never a question unanswered and thank you so much for making a very daunting step in our lives feel so much easier. Your support was greatly appreciated.

Build your home with Dennis Family Homes.... you won't be disappointed. What a fantastic team!

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Jacqui,

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Absolute professionals, amazing quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Build was managed excellently. Graeme Jackson “Jacko” was an absolute legend to deal with!! Great communication throughout and all enquiries answered quickly.
Workmanship and build quality is outstanding!! We are blown away with the finishes and quality of work.

We only had one issue and it was handled promptly and professionally. They understood and empathised with us and it was dealt with that day!! They went above and beyond our expectations!!
Final cost was exactly what we were quoted!

HIGHLY recommend them!!!!

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Megan, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this fantastic 5-Star review! We are so proud that our Site Supervisor was an absolute legend to deal with. Its great that they went abo... read more »

Excellent Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

We build our Dennis Family Home (Topaz 28) in Officer, Victoria. I'm going to preface this review by saying that I had never gone through the process of building a new home before. After hearing many stories of poor customer service pre and post sale with all volume builders, I did a lot of research and swear by product review. After looking at many floor plans and reviews, we chose Dennis Family Homes to build our dream home. We started our journey by dealing with our sales consultant Adam. Adam put a lot of time and effort into making sure our plans came to fruition. We made quite a few changes which he was always happy to try and accommodate. His communication throughout was exemplary. Once we reached the build stage we were looked after by site supervisor Dean who again was easy to communicate with. The Build quality was pretty well spot on. A few minor issues that I noticed within the first month were promptly taken care of after notifying the site supervisor. We have been in now for approximately 3 months and couldn't be happier.

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Andy,

Botanic Ridge

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Amazing from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

As first time home owners and builders, we thought it was going to be a daunting experience.
But from the moment we stepped into the display ( at closing time on a sunday afternoon) Adam Keleher had nothing but time for us and no problem putting us at ease! We were guided through designs to fit our lifestyle and budget, advised on land in our goal area. What followed was amazing customer service answering all of our questions regardless of time or day, we felt so at ease thanks to Adam's willingness to go above and beyond for us right through until our build was complete and even after. What amazed me was just how accurate our quote was on that first meeting, almost to the dollar of our final cost!!! Seriously couldn't ever thank Adam enough for helping make our pipe dreams a reality.

When we got to contract stage, we were handed over to Stacey Maxwell, but still in constant contact with Adam. Again i must've asked her a million questions and she was so helpful and quick to respond.

Next in line was Haylee Buckingham our building admin also fantastic to deal with and made the build process straight forward for us to understand and as smooth as could be

On to our build and wow was the attention to detail and quality of the workmanship top notch, our site supervisor Andrew Dolphin was onto everything throughout our build, we put our blind faith in this man and he delivered in spades. Again available to chat and catch up WHEN WE WERE AVAILABLE not putting us out at all with our work schedules and family business, making sure we were happy with every aspect of our build and we felt confident and comfortable. Our build went fantastically smoothly and we are so happy with our final product exactly what we hoped for a beautiful family home!

In the end we started with Adam and from that first moment felt supported by the entire team at Dennis Family through the entire process. So much so we have recommended to friends and family to start there journey with Adam and Dennis Family and we will soon have a friend as a new neighbour in her own Dennis Family home.

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Dave,

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

An excellent salesperson Richard Hee. Excellent value for money and quality homes.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

We are pleased to give Richard Hee from Dennis homes and our progressing build a review.
We first started the building process by visiting lots of different display homes.
We came across Richard and immediately found him engaging and knowledgeable about Dennis homes and their house plans. We found Dennis homes great value for money against other home companies.
Richard also had a good understanding of what Dennis home would suit what block of land.
This was very refreshing and was what made our minds up to build.
We were confident that Richard could efficiently guide us through the building process.
We also were extremely happy with the price and quality of Dennis Homes. They have great house plans too.
We are currently building with Dennis homes and to date the house is progressing well and we are sufficiently happy with the process and build to this stage. The home is shaping up beautifully.
Through this current building process Richard has been the go to person if we had any queries of our developing and final plans.
Richard is extremely efficient in his knowledge, paper work and has excellent communication skills.
He has always been clear in his direction and he knew his product well.
This is an enormous help and reassurance for us going as we go through an unfamiliar process.
Richard Hee is a huge asset to Dennis homes and we will be highly recommending him and Dennis homes in the future.
Thank you.
Steve and Tricia Clarke

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Tricia,

Cranbourne North

• 6 helpful votes

Will not give you the same house even in 3 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Original promise 4 months to make contacts and 5-6 months to build.

Now Its been one and half a year now they applied for a building permit that got refused because when we signed there was no house on neighbours land land was without any restrictions now they have started living in houses and have left windows which are not complying to our plan (the plan they made 1 and half year ago).

Got email this morning saying we have to cut off 24cm area of family and living area to make the house small and have to cut off 1.5 cm from garage area means almost single garage

Who’s fault is this?
Who should be aware about changed circumstances
Who delayed?
We signed before 4 months of land titling

And their manager wording was we take this much long with every customer.
We don’t promise to give a same house when we signed it’s depend on council.
We can delay job, if something will happen Customer have to pay.

They use customer as a backup keep them in a queue so that they have enough work for next two years and if something goes wrong Customer is there to pay

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Absolutely Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I built my Dennis Family Home (Pearl 24) in Mickleham and have been in for a few months now and am loving it.
I first met Stefani V in Jan 2016 and from our first meeting she has gone above and beyond in helping us. She helped find a floor plan that suited our needs and helped us find a block of land to suit the house.
After the house started building she was always there to answer any questions I had. Even after she moved to Clyde North she has gone out of her way to make sure everything has gone smoothly for us.
The experience during construction was also great. It all went well and any issues that came up were fixed quickly. David did an excellent job. He made sure to keep us informed and go through things we weren’t sure about or needed more information on.
My kids and I love our Dennis Family Home. We have had such a good experience with Stef that my kids are now in the process of building. We can’t recommend Stef and Dennis Family Homes enough.

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Yasemin, We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your build journey. I hope you enjoy many years of happiness in your new home. Our hardworking DFH team will be thrilled to hear abou... read more »

Mickleham

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

poor quality

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

i build my home from dennis family, the quality is really poor, after service is just not there, any time you email them with problem they say that this has been damaged by yourself, would not recommend dennis even to my enemy. the silica in the shower screen has caught mold after 3 months, i mean how much does a shelly mold silica cost ? verry very unhappy

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

All good, the building is not ready yet. Alice was very helpful and proactive when we initially went to the Dennis family home. She has been helpful throughout. Tom was the construction supervisor was always there to answer the questions. And Demii was also helpful and proactive to answer any question from us and give us solutions. The team has been great..! If we build again we will go to them again. Thank you all.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dennis Family Official

Hi Jono,

Dennis Family Homes

Good work, Love your work guy's.

1 of 10 pages

Is our house covered for structural or slab if so how long for after build?

Teresa A asked on Nov 30, 2018

Hi! We are building a Pearl 26 soon and we are doing a lot of thinking on the study nook; whether to have the dwarf wall converted into a full wall. Not having seen an actual model of Pearl 26 (and can’t figure out the dimension on the floor plan), may i know what the actual size of the study? What does “opening refer details” mean?

Tess Gelvezon asked on Nov 19, 2018

Answer this

Hi Tess,

As per the standard plans for the Pearl 26 the study nook is approximately 2430 length x 1500 depth. The 1300 dwarf wall surrounds the whole study nook.

Hope this helps.

Dennis Family Homes

Thank you for this reply. Now we have decided to convert the dwarf wall into a full wall on both sides.

Hi, is anyone else building with DFH and had their house sitting for almost 2 months with no works being done in the south East region? We had a really good start in early August and then nothing.. It's not even at lock up stage and it's November. Had windows stolens, builders subbies next door using my power while I'm paying the electricity.. Brickwork is all crooked, brickies bent and scratched most of the black aluminium window frames while installing bricks and more but no point mentioning. It was meant to be our first brand new home and looks second hand already ☹️

Theo asked on Oct 31, 2018

Answer this

Hi Theo, Thank you for your message. I'm not surprised. Funny enough my building work started in Aug 2015 and finished in June 2016. They could have finished at least 2 months earlier but due to what I wrote in my review, their attempted to cover it up, they took their time. All I can say is keep your eyes open, do not settle for anything less than acceptable work. With your brick work, engage an independent assessor (provided you can afford it) and if the work is not compliant just tell them I will not accept this work. Good luck

This doesn’t suprise me.

I pulled out from DFH. They took more than 1 year to reach on contract stage and multiple mistakes on titled land from first day. I also heard quite few bad stories about them.

I didnt build with them but there always seems to be great reports but I just ignore them as I have been through the same thing dont let them bully you your paying for this ,get your bricks ripped off the wall,as mine had to be, and there still pulling them off dont settle for this get a good inspector up I got all pro they are the best get them to go over your house under HIA you receive when your building a home will state they have to build your home to the highest standards and that's not the case here so get a private inspector as I stated allpro are the best just for your piece of mind they will go all over your build hope this helps

See all 56 questions about Dennis Family Homes