Filter By:

TERRIBLE. DONT TRUST

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

ordered twice at US and they lost it twice. Both items were cleared in customs here but they dont know whhere it is now. DONT TRUST. VERY IRRESPONSIBLE

Still waiting for delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Parcel arrived in Australia from America in a timely manner, but has been sitting in depot in another state for over a month. Staff say it is untrackable even though I have tracking number and receive tracking notifications. Have had other parcels arriving through DHL that were ordered before missing parcel. So if you can’t find my parcel be honest and just tell me.

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

My parcel came when it was supposed to, and so quickly too, especially since it came from Italy! I've had expresspost from Australia that have taken longer! Problem though, it was left at the wrong house (our street is rather confusing) but as soon as I called the service centre, DHL got straight on to it. While I was still on the phone with "Nick", he sent me a picture of the parcel to see if I recognized were it was left, and when I didn't he contacted the driver and as soon as I finished the call....the driver was at the door with my parcel! Mistakes happen, I understand that, but what counts is how these mistakes are handled, and I was most impressed with how DHL dealt with my problem! Much better than other couriers/ postal deliveries have in the past.

DHL simply can’t deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

DHL express from Melbourne to Geelong will be exactly a week, if lucky!
No updates when tracking online I had to drive 30 minutes each way to DHL agent just to find out “ they couldn’t make it today”
This is not first time I had that kind of problems with DHL, but this time enough was enough, how I really needed the little parcel to come in time before New Year’s eve, some present for my mom.
And from Melbourne to Geelong it’s only an hour drive, I could have walked there and back and still beat easily DHL Express record, set at one week.
I will never use them again, their excuses when I contacted them on the phone sounds such childish lies!

Sydney

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

The driver won't even call!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

I left an instruction on the door to give me a call when the delivery arrive, the driver doesn't even call.
Left, now a have to wait for 3 days for the next delivery!!

• 13 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

DHL is fast and reliable..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

Despite all the negative reviews, I never had any issues with DHL EXPRESS. I have been sending parcels and purchasing things using DHL and never had any issues, Always fast postage within 3 days. Try it out yourself.

Unsatisfied experience.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

I really had a bad experience with DHL. I was waiting for my parcel I received a message showing my parcel is delivered, but I did not receive it. When I call the customer service they are very irresponsible . They told me the parcel was delivered and could not give me an update and the lady on the phone was rude when you ask a question and even they do not have the delivery driver phone number which is not professional. I will strongly not recommend DHL.

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

They only work during the hours that suit themselves...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2018

I've been using DHL for many years, never had any problems until this year.
Both their delivery service and pick up service used to be professional, and on time. But now, instead of giving a time period (of a 3-hour block) during which they will arrive, they insist instead that they can't be certain of a time frame, except that it will be some time during that day. I have spent a whole day at home waiting for them, only for them to show up after 6pm...
Just this week, I've booked a pickup with them, they didn't show up, no calls to let me know either. I then called and booked another pickup with them, no show, no call. At this stage I've been told I'll have to wait for a phone call from them, to make sure I can book a time that suits both parties the best - which obviously means the time that suits them best, since any time that suit me, would be any time that I book with them, and expecting them to show up!
How incredibly unprofessional to not show up at an appointed time as agreed!
DHL used to have the best service, what happened??

Tom

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

I would avoid dhl at all cost had 4 deliveries failed to be delivered having to pick them up at their hour point they take 2 days just to get items to their own delivery points.

quicker to get my parcel from UK to Aus than to get it from DHL Aus

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

got a message saying they would deliver to my home on Fri, no time just Fri, so i followed the link on their text so i could tell them not to bother and that i would collect from somewhere instead, but i was just directed to a page of FAQs that didn't have any questions i wanted to ask and there was no number provided so i could ask a human. so i went on Google and found a number i could call and the guy was quite good and said he would re-direct my parcel to a 7-11 for pickup instead. when i went to the 7-11 that night after spending 15 mins on the phone i discovered it wasnt there yet. so i went back on Sat only to find it wasnt there and that DHL are a 9-5 Mon-Fri organisation and the parcel is "somewhere" in-transit. You can't even call DHL until 9:00 on Mon to find out when you will be able to collect a package that they are meant to deliver. THEY HAVE MY PARCEL AND WILL DELIVER IT WHEN IT SUITS THEM AND DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO CONTACT THEM. USELESS

• 2 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Very slow and unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I have spent around $89 for small parcel to go to INDIA. It's been 6 days still waiting... never trusting them again...

Sydney

No help whatsoever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Trying to track a shipping coming from Germany, called customer service in Sydney and was told “item cannot be tracked. Sorry I can’t help” Goodbye.

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

lost my parcel and custom service team doesnt help

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

My parcel has been collected by a person that I dont know. My parcel's consignee information is correct, but DHL left the collection card to wrong address I guess (as I have never received any collection card).

I have contacted with DHL custom service team for three days, they keep asking me to call back to the shop.
What wrong with the shop? I purchased from the shop, left correct delivery address and name, the parcel is under my name, but DHL send to the wrong address!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

What even is Express Delivery...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Ordered a t-shirt through ASOS (slow to get it to DHL) however its now been sitting with DHL for 2 days and is meant to be delivered today through express postage however according to DHL its still in the UK... So much for express delivery.

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Poor Service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Failed delivery of baby milk formula. Poor communication - hour long wait to speak to customer service - no re-delivery offered - unexpected transfer to another courier with no specified delivery day. Wrong tracking numbers given. Shambles. Still no delivery after nearly 2-weeks.

Bad Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

When i decide to place my order from the supplier I was happy at first because they using DHL Express. However It was a big mistake they have very bad slow process service especially with express, I was tracking my parcel through out the day its clearly state that it will deliver by the end of the day 30/11/2018 and it was no update from 12:01 PM until I called the customer service department on approximately 4:00 PM and unfortunately they inform me that the parcel will be delivered on Monday 3/12/2018 instead of today. Unfortunately we not getting what we pay for those days it was a big disappointment from DHL Express.

St Leonards

• 1 answer
  • 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Service so bad it’s nostalgic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

No notice of incoming delivery, so no one home and a card left. The consignment number didn’t work in any of the numerous systems you have to try, as you guess which part of DHL did the delivery based on the digits on the note. So website didn’t work. Multiple calls to customer service, very long queues, drop outs. Only a 15 minute wait today, spoke to a human. She was helpful but said some drivers don’t like to call ahead. Nice consistency. Or I can drive to their hub, a good two hour round trip in Sydney traffic. Good luck with digital disruption DHL, your competition can take you down so easily.

Lack of Customer Service Etiquette with misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Waiting for an urgent delivery from Italy, despatched on 26/12/18 (another parcel from the same shipper, despatched on 28/12/18 via FedEx, has already been received by 1pm, 3/12/2018)
Requested Duty/Tax invoice prior arrival on 28/12/18 (ETA on tracking report shows 29/12/18) to smoothen the clearance process - no result
Requested customer picking up from local depot after customs clearance (9:30am of 30/11/2018) to shorten the delivery process - was provided with an ETA to Mt Waverley depot by 2pm of the same day. But the goods didn't reach the nominated depot until Sunday (according to tracking report).
Requested urgent delivery under the procedure of "Production Breakdown" at 4pm of 30/11/2018 and was advised that the goods will be delivered around 8am of 3/12/2018 - goods didn't arrive in time as promised
Rang up customer service about the delivery status at 8:20am, 3/12/2018 - was advised the goods had been picked up by a driver
Rang up again around 11:30 am as the goods still haven't been received - was advised by James from the urgent delivery follow-up team (not sure about the department's name) that they cannot confirm the status of the goods in terms whether it was still at the depot or had been picked up
Rang James again around 12:50 - still no confirmation and no idea about where the goods was. Provided James with a feedback that all above misleading information didn't help us as a consignee to make the right decision. Could already feel James' attitude on the phone.
Rang James again around 13:10 under the internal pressure and apologised for repeating calls - was transferred to Rebecca by James who obviously refused to handle the same query again. Asked a confirmation of about either whether the goods had been picked up or an ETA. Again, no confirmation from Rebecca but received a response of "what do you want me to do?"
Now 2:24pm of 3/12/2018 - still haven't received the goods which has already started affecting the production and causing loses.

Complete lack of service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I received no information on my parcel. Delivery was attempted twice but I was left no cards or information at all. Received a call from courier, who wouldn’t leave the parcel, but refused to tell me what courier company he was from. So I had no idea what to look into. I contacted websites I had ordered from and they sent me the tracking and apparently my shipment was placed on hold to return to sender. DHL provided me with no information or attempts to let me know what was going on and caused a lot of undue stress.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Is my package coming or not

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I was away from home when I got a message that there'd be a delivery that day. I went to their site and set it to be on vacation hold until I got home a few days later. They later sent a message saying they tried to deliver but no one was home. The next day they sent the same thing even though it was still set to vacation hold. Today I went home and waited all day next to the door only to get another message that I "wasn't home" apparently.

1 of 35 pages