Filter By:

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Brilliant service from beginning to end

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Dealing with Dogtainers was a seemless and pleasant interaction. They even sent me a photo update of my incoming Puppy while he was having a toilet break and stretch between flights. What a lovely way to help keep the humans mind at ease. Wouldn’t hesitate to use again or recommend to others.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Littles, many thanks for your feedback we are so please you have your puppy and that you are happy with the service.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Such an awesome company to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Thank you soo much for organising our new family members transport. From one phone call and everything was done without 1 problem. The kids and I can’t wait for Rileys arrival.
You are awesome DT Darwin.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Damon, many thanks for the feedback we will pass this onto the team.

Well deserved guy’s!!

Friendly Service & Always willing to Assist

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Callum amd the staff from Dogtainers were very helpful and understanding when it came to sending my furr baby ‘Lute’ from Brisbane to NZ on 31/10/18. Callum was patient and understanding with my questions and anxiety as he understood how important my Pomeranian x chihuahua was to arrive safely in NZ as my little man has separation anxiety. Lute arrived safe and sound in NZ and the Dogtainers in NZ were also very friendly. Thank you to all the amazing people that helped Lute and I start our new life. ✈️

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Ren, Many thanks for the feedback and for trusting us with your fur baby, have a great time in NZ.

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

The only pet exporter/importer you will ever need

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

We recently moved with our 3 miniature dachshunds from Brisbane, Australia to London. From the initial contact with Steph at Dogtainers through to arrival in the UK I couldn't have been more impressed.
All emails and phone calls were responded to promptly and professionally with most of my questions being pre-empted.
The purpose-built crates arrived a couple of weeks before departure affording "the girls" time to become accustomed to them.
Steph kept us updated throughout the long journey with emails being received when touching down in Sydney, Singapore and Heathrow. On arrival in Sydney we discovered there was a 4-hour delay on our connecting flight to Heathrow yet Steph had already dispatched a local colleague to greet our girls and take them for a short walk and leg-stretch.
The part we dreaded the most was dealing with government officials at customs in Heathrow but they were all superb and processed our arrival within a couple of hours. Steph's colleague Typhanie in London was also superbly professional and personable and ensured for a smooth import into the UK. Amazingly, our dogs were extremely unphased with the whole journey and have now applied for their own Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts.
I have already recommended Dogtainers to other friends in Australia who are moving back to the UK in about 6 months' time; the whole process was extremely easy and stress-free and I cannot thank Steph and the team enough for what I imagined to be a huge ordeal for us and our dogs.
If you're moving domestically or internationally, call Dogtainers!

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Gary, thank you so much for the feedback, we will pass your feedback on and say a big thank you once again for not only using Dogtainers for your girls move but for taking the time to leave feed... read more »

Sydney

• 1 answer

Great Service - Dogtainers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Angie from Dogtainers was amazing throughout the process of moving Jaffa from Dublin, Ireland to Sydney, Australia. Angie always replied to every email and reassured me as much as possible that Jaffa would be fine. They really helped with the paperwork and ensuring everything was done correctly. Jaffa arrived safely and he is getting used to his new home. Thanks again Angie for all your wonderful help :-)

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Emma, many thanks for the feedback and using Dogtainers pet transport to move your fur baby. We will certainly pass on your feedback to Angie and team and we wish you a wonderful relocation and life in sunny Australia.

Gold Coast, Qld

• 1 answer

Awesome - Dogtainers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

I recently had the pleasure of using the services of Dogtainers to transport our 11 year old moggie, LingLing from Brisbane to Auckland and I have nothing but high praise. From liasing with our consultant, Callum Richardson, to the vet services provided for customs( the vet was wonderful & so good with our moggie) to the different consultants in the office that smooched & cuddled their "pet" clients awaiting transportation - all in all a wonderful family but professional company. I was able to see first hand how the staff loved their work & inter-acting with the different pets. I dropped my LingLing off at the office in Eagle Farm 6 days ahead of our flight and Callum greeted her warmly and despite my separation anxiety, I was able to leave her in his capable hands. We received regular photo's of our moggie, showing us that she was in great hands, which helped alleviate our concerns of being apart from her.
Once we landed in New Zealand and still onboard our flight, Dogtainers contacted us and regularly kept us up-dated on LingLings process through customs.
Our LingLing has settled into New Zealand very, very well, she absolutely loves her new country. I think the transition from our home to Dogtainers, to Auckland airport in New Zealand was streamlined due to the professionalism of Dogtainers and the whole process ensured that our LIngLing settled very quickly into her new life. Thank you Callum for helping us get our moggie to our homeland...she is now a very happy "kiwi" cat.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Jasmine, Thank so much for the kind review, we loved moving LingLing and Callum I know loved having him stay with us. Have a great time in your new home and enjoy the lovely New Zealand.

Fabulous service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

Submitting my request for a quote online with dogtainers I received a reply within 30 mintues from a local consultant. Friendly and able to understand the needs of my cat she was able to arrange a flight to get my anxiety prone kitty to on the quickest possible flight option. Christina was fantastic to deal with and definitely firmed my options that dogtainers is the best choice for pet transport. This is my second time using dogtainers and I certainly will use them again in the future.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Taniko, thank you so much for the feedback we will pass this onto Christina, have a great day.

Faultless service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I could not speak more highly of Dogtainers and our International consultant Madeleine who helped to relocate family pet from Sydney back to USA. Everything along the way during the whole process was handled in a very professional and emotionally sensitive way. You helped to make a stressful process so much easier. From prompt replies to my emailed questions or concerns to the photos and updates at the airport we felt in good hands. You made everything go smoothly from start to finish. I would not hesitate to use Dogtainers again in the future and would be delighted to recommend the company to anyone else seeking to relocate a pet to the other side of the world. Well done Dogtainers and our consultant Madeleine.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Chez, thanks so much for the feedback Mads will be very pleased with your comments, we do appreciate you leaving feedback for our team, many thanks and enjoy your stay in the USA.

100 stars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

My dog’s case is possibly one of the most complicated and i must say that i am super impressed with what Lewis, Kate and Deb had to do to make it work and make wonders happen for me and my family. It was definitely a challenge for both parties but Letty made it to Malaysia in the end.

I have already recommended my sister to go through your team as she will be the next to move back to Kuching from Adelaide!

Thank you so much for the hard work and effort in helping our Letty back in our arms as a family. I cannot thank you all enough! Mugh appreciated and we will never forget your team and prestigious company. Definitely a company and agent i would recommend to anyone who wants to move their pet/s around the world and continent. Bravo guys!

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Ren, so pleased we could make it all happen for you and Letty, Kate Lewis and Deb love helping out with challenging moves. Many thanks for your recommendations we would be very happy to move your sisters pets. Have a great time in Malaysia.

Melbourne to Dublin

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Fantastic service. Sansa made it to the other side of the world without any bother at all. Would definitely recommend Dogtainers.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Aoife, many thanks for leaving us your feedback, a pleasure to move Sansa and we wish you all the best on your move to Dublin.

Absolutely Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

We could not be happier with Dogtainers. They were great, answering questions quickly. Our dog arrived after three days of travel healthy and happy. Dogtainers handled the needed paperwork and transportation arrangements flawlessly lessening our stress considerably.

We highly recommend Dogtainers to anyone looking for safe, caring assistance transporting a n animal.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Norton, many thanks for your feedback we are so please you had a stress free move and hope you have a great weekend.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Fantastic every time.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

I'm a professional breeder and use dogtainers frequently. Every single pup I've shipped has been cared for perfectly, with zero hassle.
There has been times I've needed to change bookings or cancel at short notice and dogtainers have gone above and beyond what was required of them. Can't recommend jiggly enough

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Good morning Gingabred,
Thank you for your great review, we are very pleased that you are happy with our service. We will pass on your feedback to our teams.
Many thanks and have a great week!

Brisbane

5 stars thank you!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

First time nervous Dog Mum very impressed! Excellent communication and will use again, the Brisbane office went above and beyond Stew the poodle and I thank you!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Doggo, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Dogtainers here in Australia.

Cheers for the response!

amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

My experience with dogtainers exceeded all expectations. The staff were so very helpful and I felt included and informed through every step of the process. I had so much anxiety about flying my best friend of 9 years, but all went so smoothly and they did everything possible to keep me at ease and ensure everything went smoothly. Thank you guys!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your lovely feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Dogtainers here in Australia. We strive to be the best Pet Transport company in Austral... read more »

Perth

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

End to end communication and assistance. Excellent!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

As it was my first time moving my dog overseas, I was quite worried and unsure how to proceed. I contacted Dogtainers after reading online reviews and finding many horror stories with other movers, but with Dogtainers the reviews were almost entirely positive and the ones with issues were fairly minor and seemed to have been dealt with professionally in each case.
Lewis from Dogtainers was helpful and reassuring - he answered all my questions and guided me through the whole process to put my mind at ease. He communicated clearly and effectively and responded to questions promptly. He even took time out to get to know a little about me and Scamp, which I really appreciated.
Overall, it took a month to organise and a day for the move and everything ran like clockwork. Lewis sent me updates throughout Scamp’s journey to keep me updated and when I picked him up he was happy and in good condition.
I can’t thank Lewis and Dogtainers enough.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Tony, Thank you so much for your feedback, you are correct it can sometimes be very challenging to move pets around Australia and the world and we do our best to ensure the process is as smooth as possible. Thank you again for your feedback.

Southport

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

Think twice before using this service! Unaware of Processes in Foreign Countries, Animals Distressed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I would not recommend this company to transport any animals anywhere! We had called and emailed and felt reassured that travelling to Canada was very easy and no issues getting the animals after customs! This was not to be! We had a dreadful experience!!! We dropped our pets off the day before our international flight to Canada, the ladies that took the animals in told us they would get the vet clearance and then come back and be kennelled overnight at the dogtainers facility and pictures would be sent to us during their stay.
Well, I had to email our contact to ask how the animals were doing at 4:30pm to which the email came with our cat looking Wet and distressed with the staff member "cuddling"her, our dog was staring out the window also looking distressed (probably hoping we would return to save her)
So the next morning the animals were on the same flight as us. I had to email again to ask how the animals were. At no time from the moment we dropped them off, did Dogtainers contact us without us first initiating the contact! This alone was already stressful.
I had asked what was the easiest way to clear customs in Canada, (to collect them at Vancouver or wait until Calgary?) - we were told Canada has very simple processes and it was up to us. Believing we were dealing with professional animals couriers, we trusted them to get the animals to Calgary.
What they didn't tell us was - that to pick them up from Calgary, we had to wait for Agriculture to clear them (hours long process), then they travel to Air Canada Cargo which is about 15 minutes from the airport, we pick up papers from Air Canada Cargo to take back to the International Airport to have customs stamp their release papers and then drive back to Air Canada Cargo to collect the animals. We were able to collect our animals 4.5 hours after their plane had landed!!! They had a 6 hour stop over in Vancouver in which we could have aleviated their stress and had them cleared there.
Our dog did not have 1 drop of water in her crate. When we received the paperwork for customs, it had the cats age as 2 years old - she is 14. On the crates it had our Australian cell phone number on the cats crate, but some random number on our dogs crate - no country codes. We weren't even contacted when the animals were released from Agriculture as Air Canada Cargo didn't have our contact details!!!!!
Our cat was soaking wet - when I contacted Dogtainers - I have received very little information back. We were told they can't dry our cat from the flea wash that she was dunked in at the vet before she left, so she was possibly wet from then until she landed! I can't even imagine.
My advise - check out sending the animals yourself or look at a competitor. No animals should have had to go what ours did and the amount of money we paid was outrageous compared to the vet and the freight charge! I personally would never consider using this service again and I hope other people don't have to go what we went through, it was already stressful moving on our pets, this could have been avoided had they told us the processes in Calgary and that our animals would be so stressed out staying at the facility.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Dan, we are sorry for your negative experience with our service please rest assured that animal welfare is our number one priority. Jody from our customer service team is investigating the issue... read more »

Jody has emailed, nothing has been resolved and she keeps putting the blame on Air Canada. The issues that aren’t addressed are * dogtainers put incorrect phone numbers on our crates - no one in C... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Faultless!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

From the moment Megan answered my call, I knew my dogs were in the best of care. From start to finish and with all the changes in between, getting our fur-kids to Perth from Brisbane was the easiest part of our move by far thanks to Dogtainers, and Megan specifically.

Thank you and we will not hesitate using Dogtainers in the future if need be!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Lauren, many thanks for your feedback we will pass on you feedback to Megan and appreciate you taking the time to leave this review.

Hi Lauren, Thank you

Central Coast NSW

Dog Transport

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Relocating from Central Coast NSW to Hobart 0n the 05/09/2018 I rang Jet Pets to hire a crate for my Spoodle.My vet said as she was a very nervous dog she needed a crate not a wire cage in the plane, Jet pets advised me that they do not hire crates only wire cages. I then rang Dogtainers and explained the situation to [name removed] she assured me that they would supply a crate for Molly. I arrived at the airport with Molly and to my dismay they had only supplied a wire cage.I contacted them and said how disappointed I was but have not had a reply. One of the dog handlers at the airport advised me in future to book with a Sydney company as they are more reliable as Jet Pets and Dogtainers are based in Queensland.

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Telco, we are sorry for your negative experience with our service please rest assured that animal welfare is our number one priority. We have spoken to our agent who dropped the incorrect crate ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

This is the second time we have used Dogtainers to import/export our beloved cat.

We have used a different provider before, and our experience doesn't even come close.

Have found the staff at Dogtainers to truly care about your pet and be quick in responding and following up.

Fantastic service that makes a very complicated process, easy!

Thank you Bibi and Angie!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Liza, thank you so much for the feedback so glad we could make the process less stressful and that you found are service Fantastic. I will pass your comments onto Bibi and Angie.

Brisbane

thank you Kate!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

After recieving quotes to get my cat to germany i called dogtainers. i was patched through to Kate in Perth. she was able to inform me on things that other companies didnt care to tell me. Kate was able to find me the best and quickest option. Kate managed to work through my quote quickly and get everything booked in before she asked for a depsoit, (i had been asked to pay first with one company) Kate showed as much care for my cat as if she was looking after her own. after the call had ended i then recieved follow up calls to inform me of the situation. what started out as a stressful day was made easier thanks to Kate! this was a great experience.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dogtainers Official

Hi Gino, Thank you so much for the feedback, we will pass this onto Kate for you.

1 of 12 pages

Hi, I would receive suggestions about flying my French Bulldog from Australia to Italy. I really don’t feel to leave my baby to a new home in Australia , either I don’t want him having breathing issues during the flight. Willing to choose Dogtainers to move him, does anyone experienced something like that? Any suggestion will be really appreciated. Thanks

Rosa asked on Oct 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Rosa, I have a cavalier King Charles/poodle (cavoodle) he is a very sensitive little dog and I found Dogtainers to be the best. He is just out of quarantine and he is happy and healthy. He flew from Dublin, Ireland to Melbourne stayed in quarantine for 10 days and then flew from Melbourne to Sydney. They really looked after him and they will answer as many questions as possible :-) Hope this helps!

Hi Rosa, thank you for your question, it is certainly more challenging flying brachycephalic breeds around the world due to breathing issues with these breeds. Here at Dogtainers we use a larger size crate for these breeds so as to allow greater airflow around the pets and therefore assist with breathing. We select the shortest routes on the airlines that have the shortest stop overs or interconnecting flights. We only use the airlines who are fully capable of carrying brachycephalic pets. In addition to this we use an Adaptil collar to assist with keeping the pet’s calm while in transit. I hope this helps you to feel more comfortable flying your fur babies to Italy. All the best with your move and if you decide to use Dogtainers please don’t hesitate in contacting us on 1300 13 52 52.

Hi Rosa, I know that if you communicate all your concerns to Dogtainers they will be able to help allay your concerns & explain each part of the journey for you. I found them most helpful and am glad that I used them in transporting our very much loved moggie.

Hi we are looking into buying a Birman cat in Canberra and exporting to HK. We need transportation plus all shots and paper work done in Australiafor us. Do you have a service quote and what documents we need to provide to you? Also do you have a counter party in HK that we can hire? We got your name with Derina our cat breeder. Hope you can help us. Beat a Regards, Bianca

Bianca asked on Apr 17, 2018

Hi Bianca,
Yes we can help no problem at all, please email vippets@dogtainers.com.au as they will need a little more information from you. We regards to the HK side we only use the best Animal import companies and have a gold rated partner based in HK who we work with all the time. They will do everything HK end and even deliver to your door should you need it.

Hello, I would really like to know if your staff stay with our animals until they are loaded onto the plane, and if we are given confirmation when our animals are placed on board. Also are there any measures taken to inform the pilot/airline staff that there are animals riding in the cargo hold? Thank you.

chrissi asked on Mar 23, 2018

Answer this

Hi Chrissi, thanks for your questions, we leave dropping the pets off at the airport to the last minute as the airlines do not allow any pet shippers to stay with the pets once handed over for loading onto the aircraft. There are strict rules now about moving from landside to airside environment's. The captain is notified that Pets are in the loading compartments and heating and cabin air recirculates for the duration of the flight. If the pets for some reason fail to travel on the aircraft then as soon as the airline informs us we then notify you. I hope this answers your questions.