Chesapeake

• 1 comment

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Not a reliable product

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

Purchased our M-500 two months ago based on the product claiming to clean the pool more efficiently and the product operating on low voltage. There are no trees near our pool, so the Dolphin is simply used to scrub the pool liner surface.

Trouble immediately out of the box with difficulty pairing the Dolphin to my Samsung phone. Additionally, within two months after purchaee, the M-500 does not operate and I already need to take the product in for repair. I should have known that the M-500 is discontinued.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Carl, very sorry to hear of your initial experience with the M500. You are covered by an industry leading warranty for this machine. This is a very reliable robot, it is not a discontinued produ... read more »

While it was disappointing to have our Dolphin not operate, Maytronics stood by their warranty. Our issue was that the umbilical cable failed. Maytronics immediately UPS rushed a replacement cabl... read more »

Maytronics Official

Hi Carl, thanks for the update glad to hear your Dolphin is going well.

Hollywell

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Thanks for the reviews

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Reading all the reviews, it looks like the older models were not that flash. Looks like the 2017 model is a much better system then the predecessor, its hard for a product to pull up after getting bad reviews so the new model must be good. Everyone seams happy with it so I am going out to get one. keep you posted.

North Rocks

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

This cleaner is fantastic! I have owned the M500 since last Summer and havent had any complaints. It cleans the walls and floor and filters the pool water at the same time. I can go on Holidays and set the timer to clean my pool every three days and when I come home the pool is clean.
I highly recommend this cleaner to anyone.

Bairnsdale

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Apr 2015

3 year lifespan, minimal support.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

We purchased a m500 supreme in April 2015 from our pool installer. It unfortunately stopped working a week ago with no display or powering up of the control/power box. So just outside the three year warranty our $2500 pool cleaner is now a pool anchor. Maytronics replied to an email with the advice that we can buy a new one and supplied a local suppliers address. Not an option I’d consider at the moment. While the pool cleaner worked well in the main, I can’t recommend the product due to the short lifespan vs cost. I wish I had done my usual degree of due diligence and read reviews on this and other sites. Considering the ratings, our money would have been spent elsewhere. So my review gets one star only due to minimal interest in support from the manufacturer and a lifespan far below my expectations.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

We pride ourselves on after sales service and have the most competitive spare parts in the industry. Will send a private message for further details on your repair.

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love my M500

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I purchased the M500 just after we installed the pool last year in August (2017). I used it in the initial cleaning after the pool was turned over to us and all the way through the winter season as I wanted to be able to enjoy the pool.

Can't imagine not having this thing to help me with pool maintenance!!!

Comments
Maytronics Official

Thanks for your review Rick.

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Not worth the money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

We have quite a few trees surrounding our property so we bit the bullet and bought the most expensive pool cleaner on the market to make our life easier. At $2700 in Feb 2014 it was an expensive investment and I admit had high expectations! We had a dolphin rep come to the house and recommend the right dolphin for us and assured our situation would easily be handled by the pool cleaner. Fast forward four years and we’ve had the dolphin in to the pool shop numerous times and within weeks going back to slow inefficient service of the pool, avoidance of leafy spots and inability to pick up some leaves etc. Since out of warranty the dolphin has been in for repair just before Xmas at the cost of $460 to repair and now again only 6 weeks later needing another repair of over $400. We’ve been recommended to replace rather than continuing to repair a lame duck. Very disappointed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

We are sorry to hear you’re not completely satisfied with your Dolphin. We at Maytronics strive for this with every robot we produce, hence the 3-year bumper to bumper warranty on your Dolphin. Thi... read more »

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Unbloody believable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2018

Best thing I've ever spent money on. Chucked my dolphin in my unused pool of 5 years before I went out for lunch, and when I got back half an hour later, the murky black water was sparkling clean, the branches had gone, my lawn was mowed, and even the washing had been hung out. Highly recommend

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Best pool cleaner on the market

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

A little pricey, but worth every cent. Fully programmable via Bluetooth. Does not require the pool pump to be operational, hence saving a lot of money. Its computer system 'learns' and maps the pool Cleans unbelievable well and easy to clean the filters.
Highly recommended. Beats any other pool cleaner on the market.

Ballarat

• 14 helpful votes

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Oct 2012

Does a great job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

My Dolpin has served me well for a long time now. Far superior to the crawly cleaners that get stuck on everything and clean small sections of the pool.

I recommend the Dolpin. It is expensive initially but mine has lasted a long time. It also polishes the walls and floor as it cleans.

• 3 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: M500 Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Worst Purchase Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Have had a Dolphin M5 for just over 3 years. I can't think of a worse experience with anything else I have ever bought. I was happy to pay the ridiculously inflated price thinking I would get a good quality machine with some longevity but alas this is far from my reality and it seems the same for many others. When it's working it does a good job of keeping the pool clean. The major issue is reliability and mine has been back for repairs 2 or 3 times each year during the warranty period. Maytronics have fixed it each time in a fairly speedy fashion. Out of warranty Maytronics do not themselves provide a repair service ... instead they have some pool shops that are 'approved' repairers but I doubt their standard of workmanship or training/expertise levels. I will not be buying a dolphin again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Denis, we train our service agents thoroughly for quick turn around, quality work and great customer service. They are equipped with our service equipment and are just as trained (in some cases ... read more »

Easy to say that but this is not my experience. Dolphin died mid November-it was still just under warranty but though initially refused was repaired under warranty by Maytronics. Worked for 2 weeks... read more »

Maytronics Official

Denis, we want to help you, would you mind emailing us on infoau@maytronics.com with details of the dealer. Want to follow up with them as well to see why it is taking such a long time.

wagga wagga

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2011

This has cost me a lot of money in repairs and replacement parts

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Purchased with new fiberglass pool in July 2011. Just outside 3 years warranty period, summer of 2014, required major service costing $1000. 1 year later, 2015, had to replace the power console, cost $300. The next year, 2016, I had to buy replacement filter cartridge screens $150. On each occasion I dealt with my local dealer who supplied the pool and the cleaner. This summer, 2017, I had to replace all the roller bearings and the active brush assembly at a cost of $300 but ordered the parts and did the repair myself. It worked effectively for 2 months but now when I switch it on, it runs for a few seconds then stops. No blockages in the rollers or tracks, I've taken it apart and put it back together but it appears the problem is with the motor, which is not serviceable apparently. Looks like I need a replacement motor at a further cost of about $1200.

Original purchase price was $2500 and has cost $1750 inside six years with another $1200 imminent. THis has not been a cost effective investment for the maintenance of my pool and I don't trust it's reliability anymore.

I've been happy with it when it's worked properly but found it cumbersome to remove from the water as it's quite heavy. The maintenance costs have taken the gloss off it's otherwise good functionality.

Update as of 5/1/18. I contacted Maytronics Australia NSW office on 19/12/18 and they referred me to "Mr Dolphin" located in Lidcombe NSW. I was provided with a mobile contact and I was able to speak to the man himself, Boaz. I explained my problem and he gave me some options to consider. I sent him the motor unti with power lead attached together with a brief note and he said he'd inspect it and get back to me the following week. I forwarded the unit on 28/12 and he rang me the day following New Year's Day. He'd inspected it, found the problem and replaced one of the drive motors and asked if I'd like to go ahead with the quote for repairs which was $250. I agreed, paid the invoice online plus $38 freight and had it back on 3Jan.

I cannot speak highly enough of the personal and efficient service Boaz provided. He was personally involved in the development of robotic technology and knows Dolphin cleaners inside and out. He can be locted online here https://www.mrdolphin.com.au and he answers the phone personally which means you're talking directly to the technician who'll be working on your problem unit.

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Frank, at Maytronics strive for excellent customer satisfaction with every robot we produce. We have a philosophy to keep our spare parts for robotic repairs as low as possible to ensure long te... read more »

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

You won't be disappointed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

We love the Dolphin M500. It cleans like no other. We used to have a different brand robot cleaner that wasn't the best. On advice from our friends who can't speak highly enough of theirs, we bought the M500 and haven't looked. Would gladly recommend it to anyone to give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

Buderim

• 2 answers

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: May 2013

Lack of durability

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

The cleaner is approximately 4 years old. Spent $840 in 2016 on power supply and needs another $770 to replace the motor.
Will be looking for a cleaner that's more durable.
At purchase of $2650, Repair $840 & $772 in 4 years it's way too expensive for the job it does.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Stormy, We are sorry to hear you’re not completely satisfied with your Dolphin. We at Maytronics strive for this with every robot we produce. We would love to connect with you to see if there i... read more »

Melbourne

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Great at start - will not last 4 years!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Great for first few months - better than suction cleaners. Two early visits back to dealer under warranty as it did not work (should have been replaced instead of repaired). By 3rd year, mainly cleaned the deep end & never climbed walls beyond first 30cm. At just over 3and1/2 years, just circled within 1 metre diameter. Out of warranty and $950 to fix. Buying another robot instead (non-Maytronics, of course!!!) Essentially a disposable cleaner after 3-4 years at cost of approx $800/year... (Are there any positive reviews of more than 3 stars for this expensive unit after 3 or more years of use?)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

HI DeniseK, we love to help you were we can. We will send you a private message to see how we can help.

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Died after warranty ran out - $790 to repair!!!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

Our Dolphin has died on us. And just after the warranty ran out. Sent it to the pool shop where we bought it from - $790 to repair!!! No way am I spending this amount only for it to die again. Looking at buying another pool cleaner. Looks like the Davey cleaner is much much cheaper and has the same 3 year warranty.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi David K, sorry to hear about your Liberty. We will send you a private message to connect to see if there is anything we can do to help.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Apr 2013

very poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

when working this pool cleaner does a excellent job unfortunately the product is a very poor product & is constantly have problems needing to have major repairs several times, these are very costly we have just got it back from last repairs & still having problems . Bearing in mind this product is supposedly the top of the range in pool cleaners costing around the $2000 mark, you would expect this product to be able to provide a reasonable working life.
I would recommend anybody contemplating buying a new Pool Cleaner give Maytronics Dolphin products a very wide berth Their after sales service is not the greatest probably caused by the flood of dissatisfied customers

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Bee K, sorry to hear about your experience with your Dolphin M5. We do offer a full 3 year warranty. We will send you a message to connect privately to see if there is anything we can do to help you.

Perth

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Aug 2015

I love Dolphin

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Love my Dolphin. Cleans like a electric toothbrush: cleans thoroughly leaving the pool crystal clear. Way better than Mr Kreepy. It sucks up the smallest particles. I have palms around my natural pool so dome of the large stalks need to be removed manually.
It is a bit heavy lifting out of the pool for a senior citizen but no problem for a man.

Model: M500 Liberty Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Bloody great!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2017

I have just released the beast into the pool and after 1 hour the filter light was on. Opened it up and the filters were absolutely full of sludge and dirt. Not many leaves as we don't have many trees. Happy so far! Only problem is can't get the Bluetooth to connect. Might need tech support. Bingo!

• 8 helpful votes

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Jun 2013

Expensive to Buy and Repair

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

Purchased this model as new from local pool retailer as the great new product on the market. At the time they were $1800 new and the first two years I had good solid operation.Then ten problems started. Major electrical fault required $600 worth of repairs by the approved repairer in Brisbane. Then 3 months later it stopped working. Was told that locally a new repairer was now in operation in 2017 and no warranty for past repairs applied and the new motor was also $600. This means a $1800 machine is requiring $1200 worth so repairs in less then 4 years. Not a great buy and sadly the brand is flawed in my opinion. Off to look at a new cleaner now and Maytronics Dolphin won't be on my list.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

The Surpeme M5 (now Dolphin M 500) comes with a full 3 year warranty and all replacement parts are offered a 12 months warranty. It doesn't sounds like we are able to help you at this point. But if... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: M500 Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Good performance, poor lifetime, expensive replacement parts, poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

For such an expensive item I found this product very short on life performance, replacement parts are very expensive for not much and the customer service is very poor. My control box had intermittent problems but when I finally decided I had had enough it was just out of warranty and I got an extremely poor response from the Australian distributor. I had to buy a new controller less than a year ago and that is now on the blink. I would never buy one of their products again and I would not recommend them. There are plenty of cheaper robots on the market that are more economical to run.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Maytronics Official

Hi Niall, we are disappointed to hear this from you. However, if you purchased your Dolphin Supreme M5 in June 2014, it will be covered by our 3 year warranty. I would encourage you to call you loc... read more »

1 of 3 pages