False advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Quoted 1 price over live chat next day they told me it was a wrong price and increased it by $17 a day
Have them plenty of opportunity to come back to me with the deal I was told but No
False advertising
Don’t use

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Tracey, the advertised price on our website is the total price you pay. There are discounts for long term rentals. We apologise that the calculated discount price provided to you was not correct.

Cheap and Amazing Rental

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I initially was only mean to hire the rental vehicle for 1 week but had to keep extending the vechile week by week and ended up being almost 5 weeks I had the vehicle. The company is amazing to deal with and so easy to get in contact with. I would especially like to thank Stephen for his amazing customer service, he is truly an asset to this company. Prompt responses to my emails and always attended to my requests for extension very quickly. I definitely wont be hiring a vehicle from any other company after using Drive my Car! Thank you again.

DisGraceful:

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

My just-serviced car was damaged by the driver. I took it for repair and presented evidence to DriveMyCar for a claim. Instead they gave a lame excuse and turned me down despite in the face of proof. The amount is not that big but it has annoyed me for trusting them to do the right thing by me in the first place. Don’t bother renting out your car to them. You will lose your money along with your valuable time and effort. Rather keep the car to yourselves. It’s just NOT worth it

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Kitty, A warning light had been activated in your car and you were fully refunded for all costs incurred. Please call us if this is not the case.

GREAT SERVICE AND CONVENIENCE

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

I've been a long time fan of DriveMyCar since my first encounter with them in 2014. I'm based out of Singapore which is a challenge enough not being a local, but DMC has made the process to rent very seamless.

I've since rented vehicles in Sydney, Brisbane and most recently Perth with smooth transactions - even made afew friends along the way.

I've also been fortunate to meet Stephen Healy (Sydney office) whom has been instrumental in supporting all my travel planning over the years with finding optimal solutions for challenges i encountered (weekend collections/out of state rentals/incidents:P) and always providing great service. Kudos to the team and looking forward to more fuss-free experiences!

This was all very professionally done.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Was easy to place booking both originally and when I wanted to extend.
Customer service was both helpful and professional.
Car was excellent. Was fortunate to obtain a car that had only 11 klms on the clock - how good is that.

Great service with affordable price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I had a pleasant experience with Drive My Car. The booking was easy and customer service very friendly and responsive.
I have used Drive My Car for the past 3 years and will always recommend for anyone needing to hire a car for 1 week or longer.

Excellent customer service and easy process!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

Great company, easy to deal with. So easy to make a booking, the person I worked with was extremely helpful in finding the right car, and it was! Thank you!

Car was great. No problems. Thanks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2018

Fairly Easy to make the booking once had joined up to Drive My Car
Customer Service has been great. Staff very approachable
The car was fantastic - brand new car

Rented Subaru Christmas Period

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

Booked a Subaru XV for my parents staying over during Chrissy. Pickup/Drop-off was quick and easy, online staff were helpful in assisting me register additional drivers etc.

Car was perfect condition literally rolled off the showroom floor.

10/10 Would use again, cheaper alternative to the rip off car rental mobs.

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

First and last time renter

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

OK, so we decided to list our car for rental through DMC and it was easy enough. With a convertible we got our first rental pretty quickly and they wanted to rent our car over the Christmas holiday period (20th-26th December).

Car was picked up in the morning without issue, paperwork signed and returned to DMC, nice and easy. Now, on christmas day our family lunch was interrupted by text messages from the renter who wanted to extend the rental period. We responded that we don't have an issue with this however he would have to arrange this with DMC because of the insurance. Anyway long story short and he was unable to get a reply from DMC, not unreasonable in my opinion bearing in mind it was christmas day. So agree for him to return our car as planned, all good til I get a phone call from him to say that he has had an accident and his wife drove into the back of our car on the way to return it.

OK, here is where we were let down by DMC, we understood the challenges associated to this time of the year, however would have expected to at least be able to speak to someone who could take us through what the next steps are. Anyway, we were patient we waited til the following morning when I was able to get hold of a sales manager, we emailed him the paperwork and pictures of the damage. He advised us that the fleet manager will be in touch and he later told me that the fleet manager has been trying to ring around to find a suitable repairer however is challenged by the holidays, which we understood and were patient about.

January 2nd we waited til 10:30am and as we hadn't heard anything we called and spoke to the so called fleet manager, who told my wife that he knew nothing about the accident. My wife sent him the pictures and details, which had been sent to the Sales Manager previously, to which he responded its just a couple of scratches and the car looks drivable and anyway we just have to take the car to a repairer and send them the quote, which he seemed to think we should have already known.

While I feel that we have been very patient with DMC so far I can only say that I am pretty unimpressed customer service from the fleet manager and not comfortable with their lack of communication and or knowledge of the repair process, which they seem to expect us as the customer to just know. Not a great experience and as such would not recommend Drivemycar to others who want to rent out their car.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update - Drivemycar did repair the main damage to the rear of the vehicle, however, there was also damage to the wheel arch which their insurance said was not caused by the rear end collision and t... read more »

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I had a very good experience with service and rates also very good .They cooperate according to the personal situation of the customer.I would recommend drive my car for any type of rental.

Perfect way to rent a car without too much damage to the wallet. Quick and easy. Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I've rented more than 5 times with drive my car. They are super easy from booking to pick up. No hassle like traditional ways. Highly recommended for short and longer term rentals.

• 1 helpful vote

Terrible, money drainer.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

I got charged deposit and was not given back until I made a couple of calls. I highly recommend to stay away unless you would like to waste your time on phone calls.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Lemmy, We love hearing from our customers, however there is no need to call for your bond to be refunded. The bond is refunded 7 days after the end of your rental.

mel

Verified Customer

Cheap cars but prepare to be robbed. Untrustworthy and unprofessional.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I rented several of their cars for work and the price was good and the cars were great, however... The way it works is they have open access to your account and they will take as much money as they feel like, without notification or reason. I was on the phone to them almost every day to find out why 2 or 300 dollars had been deducted from my account. Sometimes it was correct, but often it wasn't and it was always my job to sort it out. They will take a $300 deposit every time you take a car, but then they don't return it unless you ring, and ring and badger them about it. And if they think you owe them money for extra rental, tolls, petrol or cleaning (I didn't) they will just take it out of your account and not say a word. They refused to refund a lot of money, supposedly for tolls, even though I had a tag in my car and was paying tolls thru my account.
I couldn't get a tax invoice or any receipt from them no matter how many times I begged them. They refuse to itemise or give any notification in writing for any charge. I had to watch my bank account like a hawk and ring as soon as they took money out.
Also, they don't know how many days are in a week. If you rent a car on Friday morning 10am, and drop it back the following Friday at 9am, they charge 8 days. Rent one day, return the next, they charge 2 days. Weird!
If you don't mind spending all the extra time chasing up the money they stole and forcing them to refund it, it's a great service!

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Dear Colin, When you rent a car for Uber, as you did, you are required to provide your own eTag. As you didn’t have a tag the tolls were billed to you separately. You received a toll statement for ... read more »

Here is a perfect example of how these shonks operate. If you dare to speak out they will release your name and private details to try and get at you. 1. I did have my own tag but your car was re... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

I got a terrible service, bad car and ended up paying much more than in a regular company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

I wanted to rent a car cheaply. I found this company, took me three days because they kept asking more and more papers. Finally I went to botany rd.and got a car, smudged and unclean, with worn tires and damaged covers. The man who handed me the car took photos but filled no damage report, needless to say that I didn't get any. I got a flat tire soon after going on the motorway. Upon returning the car I was charged the outrageous amount of 65 dollars for cleaning and an extra 120 AUD for a new tire. Never try them... Now I'm renting from well known companies, they always have special offers which cost only marginally more.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Dear Rachael, We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the vehicle condition. We have spoken to the owner and reviewed the handover documentation that you signed and there was no indic... read more »

Drive my Car was my first rental worst experience in Australia. Since then I rented cars with Europcar, Avis, Ace, No birds, all to my perfect satisfaction. All these companies personnel inspected ... read more »

Great experience in a cool convertible Mini Cooper.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I was looking to hire a car that was a little out of the ordinary. Drive My Car allowed us to choose the car we wanted, & made the process of hiring and insuring problem free. The staff were helpful and easy to reach. The owner of the car was extremely helpful. Will definitely do this again!

Excellent! No regrets!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

The cars were given clean and fueled and the booking could not be easier. The value for the money is great as well. The friendly staff at the pick up place made getting the car a breeze.

Excellent experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

We were looking for a car for travelling around Australia and we got the best option by Drive my car. Fast booking through the website, the car was like new, well maintained, always in contact with the customer service for any issue ( we didn't have any in 6 months)
We got new tyres and all the car services included.

I would recommend Drive my car to everyone!!!

Best Car Hire Service Ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Easy to complete booking on your iPhone. REAL Customer service (not overseas call centre) exceptional, very personal and extremely helpful. The Car owner was great to deal with directly, flexible with pick up & drop off - provided a very clean, tidy and reliable, luxurious car. This experience far exceeded previous "other" Car Hire service I have tried (I have tried them all)
The VALUE was nothing short of AMAZING by comparison to others
Savings of over 50 percent.

Sydney

Never Ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

These guys are simply out of touch. Their ad on internet is just to bait new customer. They do not have car in their stock but their ad still on. By chance if you rent a car do not trust them and always keep your alternative in your pocket because they may say mate you made a lot of kms bring car back after 3 weeks you rent the car. While you think that you would continue to drive it because you have agreement with them and guess what it is not important for them and they may deceive you by promising another car but once you return the car either they can not keep their promise and simply they force you their way. Always read their agreement very well by the way their website as well. They can simply say yeah it is not in our agreement but it is on our website. Do not trust any verbal agreement but write. And last thing do not trust trolls :)

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Healer, we cannot find any details of your rental. All our ads are accurate, you can rent a car from $21 per day and we offer great discount promotional codes to new rentals. Please get in cont... read more »

That is very normal that you can not find any details please refer my comment what I meant about your company. My statement still stands and your reply prove it. Your company is not interested ... read more »

1 of 5 pages