perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

I had a very good experience with service and rates also very good .They cooperate according to the personal situation of the customer.I would recommend drive my car for any type of rental.

Perfect way to rent a car without too much damage to the wallet. Quick and easy. Highly recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

I've rented more than 5 times with drive my car. They are super easy from booking to pick up. No hassle like traditional ways. Highly recommended for short and longer term rentals.

Terrible, money drainer.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

I got charged deposit and was not given back until I made a couple of calls. I highly recommend to stay away unless you would like to waste your time on phone calls.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Lemmy, We love hearing from our customers, however there is no need to call for your bond to be refunded. The bond is refunded 7 days after the end of your rental.

Verified Customer

Cheap cars but prepare to be robbed. Untrustworthy and unprofessional.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I rented several of their cars for work and the price was good and the cars were great, however... The way it works is they have open access to your account and they will take as much money as they feel like, without notification or reason. I was on the phone to them almost every day to find out why 2 or 300 dollars had been deducted from my account. Sometimes it was correct, but often it wasn't and it was always my job to sort it out. They will take a $300 deposit every time you take a car, but then they don't return it unless you ring, and ring and badger them about it. And if they think you owe them money for extra rental, tolls, petrol or cleaning (I didn't) they will just take it out of your account and not say a word. They refused to refund a lot of money, supposedly for tolls, even though I had a tag in my car and was paying tolls thru my account.
I couldn't get a tax invoice or any receipt from them no matter how many times I begged them. They refuse to itemise or give any notification in writing for any charge. I had to watch my bank account like a hawk and ring as soon as they took money out.
Also, they don't know how many days are in a week. If you rent a car on Friday morning 10am, and drop it back the following Friday at 9am, they charge 8 days. Rent one day, return the next, they charge 2 days. Weird!
If you don't mind spending all the extra time chasing up the money they stole and forcing them to refund it, it's a great service!

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Dear Colin, When you rent a car for Uber, as you did, you are required to provide your own eTag. As you didn’t have a tag the tolls were billed to you separately. You received a toll statement for ... read more »

Here is a perfect example of how these shonks operate. If you dare to speak out they will release your name and private details to try and get at you. 1. I did have my own tag but your car was re... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

I got a terrible service, bad car and ended up paying much more than in a regular company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

I wanted to rent a car cheaply. I found this company, took me three days because they kept asking more and more papers. Finally I went to botany rd.and got a car, smudged and unclean, with worn tires and damaged covers. The man who handed me the car took photos but filled no damage report, needless to say that I didn't get any. I got a flat tire soon after going on the motorway. Upon returning the car I was charged the outrageous amount of 65 dollars for cleaning and an extra 120 AUD for a new tire. Never try them... Now I'm renting from well known companies, they always have special offers which cost only marginally more.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Dear Rachael, We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the vehicle condition. We have spoken to the owner and reviewed the handover documentation that you signed and there was no indic... read more »

Drive my Car was my first rental worst experience in Australia. Since then I rented cars with Europcar, Avis, Ace, No birds, all to my perfect satisfaction. All these companies personnel inspected ... read more »

Great experience in a cool convertible Mini Cooper

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I was looking to hire a car that was a little out of the ordinary. Drive My Car allowed us to choose the car we wanted, and made the process of hiring and insuring problem free. The staff were helpful and easy to reach. The owner of the car was extremely helpful. Will definitely do this again!

Excellent! No regrets!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

The cars were given clean and fueled and the booking could not be easier. The value for the money is great as well. The friendly staff at the pick up place made getting the car a breeze.

Excellent experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2017

We were looking for a car for travelling around Australia and we got the best option by Drive my car. Fast booking through the website, the car was like new, well maintained, always in contact with the customer service for any issue ( we didn't have any in 6 months)
We got new tyres and all the car services included.

I would recommend Drive my car to everyone!!!

Best Car Hire Service Ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Easy to complete booking on your iPhone. REAL Customer service (not overseas call centre) exceptional, very personal and extremely helpful. The Car owner was great to deal with directly, flexible with pick up & drop off - provided a very clean, tidy and reliable, luxurious car. This experience far exceeded previous "other" Car Hire service I have tried (I have tried them all)
The VALUE was nothing short of AMAZING by comparison to others
Savings of over 50 percent.

Sydney

Never Ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

These guys are simply out of touch. Their ad on internet is just to bait new customer. They do not have car in their stock but their ad still on. By chance if you rent a car do not trust them and always keep your alternative in your pocket because they may say mate you made a lot of kms bring car back after 3 weeks you rent the car. While you think that you would continue to drive it because you have agreement with them and guess what it is not important for them and they may deceive you by promising another car but once you return the car either they can not keep their promise and simply they force you their way. Always read their agreement very well by the way their website as well. They can simply say yeah it is not in our agreement but it is on our website. Do not trust any verbal agreement but write. And last thing do not trust trolls :)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Healer, we cannot find any details of your rental. All our ads are accurate, you can rent a car from $21 per day and we offer great discount promotional codes to new rentals. Please get in cont... read more »

That is very normal that you can not find any details please refer my comment what I meant about your company. My statement still stands and your reply prove it. Your company is not interested ... read more »

Phenomenal service - enhanced my Sydney experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

The assistance I received is setting up my account was extraordinarily brilliant - using the online chat as well as access to individuals by phone to pick the right car for my needs. Handover was smooth and simple. At all times I felt as if I had the Drivemycar team in the back seat of the car - available as and when I needed them, should he need arise. Absolutely loved the car and the experience in obtaining it. Thank you

Excellent good new cars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Booking very easy on call or online. Customer service was great and on time. I had Subaru impreza and it was awesome car. Only one thing is pick up spot is a bit far from city..

Bloody Rip Off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

If you're looking to rent a car.. NEVER go for these guys. They rip you off like anything. The staff is arrogant and will charge you for every minor issue.
My fuel tank was below half. I kindly asked the agent who was inspecting my car that I can go and refuel. The staff wasn't cooperative at all and charged me 40$+ 3$ per litre which is so bloody unfair.

Also, they gave me a dirty car but they expect me to give them back a fully cleaned car which I did but it wasn't satisfactory to them. ( Coz they wanna get every cent from your pocket)

And if there's no dent/scratch on your car they will pretend like there is. Well Like i said before, they will never spare a chance to make your bill bigger.

Highly disappointed and frustrated.

Never ever get a car from them.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Sajan, we cannot find any details of your rental. However all rentals are subject to the same terms and conditions. The rental terms that you accepted require that the vehicle is returned clean ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

They use your credit card like an ATM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Drive My Car charged me an annual membership fee, and then three months later told me that the car they'd rented me wasn't available any more but I could change into a far worse car for the same price. I declined and asked for my membership fee to be returned. They declined.

During my rental I was expected to spend my time and money having the car serviced, and on return they charged my credit card $60 for cleaning (The car was virtually clean already,) and $3 per litre petrol (three times the going rate.)

These guys run like the good old fashioned car hire companies, where it all sounds like a good deal but the moment you hand over your card details is the moment they start cashing in.

My recommendations is that you drive someone else's car.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Liam, The terms for the rental that you accepted require that the vehicle is returned clean and with the same amount of fuel as at the start of the rental. These requirements are clearly explain... read more »

Haha, right so your excuse for blatant overcharging of your customer is that I signed your 3 million word disclaimer?

Cool, thanks for clarifying. Also, thanks for ignoring the bit about the membership fee rip.

Drive My Car Official

Hi Liam, the $3/L fuel is paid directly to the owner as compensation for them having to take the car and refill it. The ride-share membership fee provides additional benefits to ride-share driver... read more »

One of its kind and a money saver

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Drive my car is a very one easy sep approach to renting a car for example $854 for a one week period as suppose to what drive my car offers to $353 and as a single mum it got me through the month I kept my job and think you guys are great please don't increase prices any time soon. Very thankful!!! Will deff be back thanks loads

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Vicky, We'll try not to! Thanks for the lovely feedback.

Melbourne

• 2 questions

Saved me hundreds!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Comparing to other rental companies who act like they don't need me as a customer, these guys made it pleasantly surprising compared to your normal rental companies. Your a god send. Thank you! Will definitely be back.

Comments
Drive My Car Official

Hi Jay, Thanks for the feedback I passed it onto the team.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Where else you can rent brand new Subaru at this price?

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

I was at first skeptical to use any companies offering the car sharing. So normally I would go to closest well known rental company and get one of their cars. Yet after my friend made a good experience with this company, I have overcome my skepticism and placed a booking for one of the Subaru Levorgs. I was quite lucky to get one for the period I needed it for and after I was driving it I realized why. The car was almost new! And the price in a good way somehow did not match the car I was driving. So overall positively surprised. The dealing process was reasonably easy and overall exceeded my expectations so am happy to recommend further. Thank you

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Value for money, Quick fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Highly recommended, much better then, car next door, Price is very good and cheap, some of the cars are almost brand new

Service was fast, live service managed to find the right car for me

Fantastic in every way!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Such a great service and really easy to use. Signup was quick and easy, pickup was smooth and quick and return the same. The car was amazing and half the price of a rental car. Above all, the service was amazing and timely. Richard was a gem and helped make the process so simple. Don't bother with any other place especially for a longer term like a month. Thanks guys.

Private message

No frills and no hidden costs!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

From booking to returning, a very pleasant experience. No frills service. Indebted to you people for getting me on the road. I've nothing but gratitude. Above all a great new car to drive.

1 of 4 pages

I will be away for 3 months from September 2017 to December 2017. I'm wondering if there is a chance my car could be rented out for that length of time? It's a 2010 BMW 118d hatchback

Carfy asked on Jul 31, 2017

Answer this

Hi Carfy, yes there is a good chance that you could rent you car out while you are away and there are a couple of different ways we can help you. Please call us on: 1300 980 706 or email fleetmanager@drivemycar.com.au and we will run through the best options for you. Thanks Brent

Would like to know your views on Being an owner of a car and listing it on Drivemycar. What do you need to be aware of and is it profitable?

Chinku asked on Jul 26, 2017

Answer this

Hi Chinku, As an owner you can earn around 40% of you car’s value per year. We specialise in long term rentals with our average rental being 35 days. We aim to get your car rented out for as long as possible. To better discuss your needs please call us on: 1300 980 706 or email fleet@drivemycar.com.au. You can also use our online calculator to find out how much you can earn renting your car. http://www.drivemycar.com.au/Home/ListYourCar

Am looking at needing a vehicle for maybe 6 months or more. Something economical as it will be used most of every day for work..maybe a late model corolla or the like and was wondering about prices etc?

rob asked on Jun 27, 2017

Answer this

Hi Rob, we have a number of economical cars available, and we specialise in longer term rentals. If you could please email me at sales@drivemycar.com.au or email your phone number and we will call you to run though the best options for your location. Thanks Brent

See all 11 questions about Drive My Car