Pacific Palms

• 10 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2015

Solved my problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

I used the Dulux Precision Sealer Binder after many attempts to eradicate rusty marks on the ceiling caused by the Gyprock fixer using the wrong fixing screws. I washed the ceiling to clear all steam marks and some mildew marks then applied 2 coats of the Dulux Precision paint as directed. It is now a couple of years after I finished the ceiling with standard flat white ceiling paint and I am delighted to say that the marks have not re-appeared even though the bathroom gets really steamy despite a larger exhaust extraction fan being fitted.

Comments
Dulux Official

Hi GWR,
Great to hear of your experiences with Dulux Precision Sealer Binder, if you have more projects in mind, call our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25, who will be more than willing to help! Regards, the team at Dulux.

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Works great on hard set plaster

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

My 1980's house reno meant scraping poorly applied paint right back to white set (solid) plaster.
This product really provided a solid sound surface to work with. Undercoat bound well to plaster, and this is very important as just applying paint or plasterboard sealer to solid plaster will result in paint that peels off.
Applies easy. Make sure it is well mixed before use.
Has strong solvent smell, but well worth the result.
Would never go back to water based products purporting to do same.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dulux Official

Hi Anthony,
Dulux team here, thank you for the feedback and great to hear that you had a great experience with this product. Please contact us on 13 25 25 if you need any support down the track. Regards, the team at Dulux.

• 5 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 25 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Great in 100 year old house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

Really watery product so i used a brush.
Have a 100 year old house with flaking paint (previous crap preparation) on powdery walls. Scraped and filled wall. Used this product 3 years ago wall still looks great. So i also used it outside on powdery bricks where render is falling off. Stopped the erosion. Now to get rerendered. Highly recommended. Stinks though.

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Works as described.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Ive been using Dulux Sealer Binder on external brick walls as an undercoat to seal old poorly applied coats of paint prior to applying new paint.This surface is in full sun, rain, hail, wind, dirt, dust, critters and occasionally the garden hose when it gets fouled by birds - Not a single failure of adhesion can be reported.

Surface preparation is key.

The surface must be free from flaking or cracking paint. With all flakes of paint removed to a point where there is good adhesion between the old paint and surface.

Then apply the sealer binder. Easy as.

The previous review reeks of poor workmanship and should not be taken as an accurate description of the product.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Bunbury WA

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 20 helpful votes
Private message

Dulux doesn't support their products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Have a ceiling in a bathroom that has paint falling off after 6 months.
Spoke to the local Dulux supplier who phoned the local Dulux representative, but got not reply (No surprise)
So I took photos and emailed Dulux.
The fault, the oil based sealer has parted company with the room.
I sealed in oil base believing that would be better long term than acrylic, in a wet area.
The reply by Dulux?

To repair your ceiling, scrape the loose paint off, back to a sound surface, reapply the Sealer Binder, and then apply 2 coats of Wash and Wear Kitchen and Bathroom to the entire surface.

So the fix for a paint that has peeled off is to reapply the same product that has already failed in the past, BRILLIANT STUFF, why didn't I think of that?
Oh I remember why.
Because it's the very definition of insanity, repeating an action expecting a different outcome.
On top of which is the added cost and time spent to rectify the product's failure.
With no offer to replace the faulty can of paint from Dulux, I think I'll only buy Taubmans from now on.
I recommend you dear reader do the same, avoid Dulux products wherever possible.

Comments
Dulux Official

Hi Paden, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Dulux Sealer Binder and really sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our response. We value your feedback. We would like to connect ... read more »

Hi I am using white Dulux Precision to block leaching through the ceiling in our steel framed house. I have done one coat of ceiling white acrylic over it now which has had little impact in hiding it. I will do a second coat but just want to make sure painting acrylic over the shellac based Precision is all OK otherwise I may have to get an acrylic primer to go over it? Thanks Andrew

Andynick asked on Sep 19, 2018

Answer this

Hi Andynick,
We would recommend applying an undercoat for coverage as addition ceiling flat coats may be required. For any additional assistance on your project, feel free to contact our Help&Advice team on 13 25 25. Regards, the team at Dulux.

I did just that. And it did not present any problems. I actually did two coats of Precision to be sure.......

How many coats of this product do I apply? I am using it on 1 year old unsealed walls that have never been painted yet. Applying with a roller?

RE89WA asked on Jul 15, 2018

Answer this

Hi there, thanks for your question around Dulux PRECISION Sealer Binder. We would recommend coating with 1 coat of Dulux PRECISION Sealer Binder, followed by two coats of your topcoat. If you have any questions along the way, please call our Help & Advice team on 13 25 25 - The Dulux Team.

Product Details