Verified Purchase

10kg in 5 months!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

Dosage 40mgs... first few days a little out of sorts- but didn’t feel ‘high’ and for about 3 weeks an occasional headache but didn’t take anything for it so not so bad. I had more energy ( obviously) and if I didn’t take the time to relax before bed I found I was still awake at 3am ( but no real prob with waking up!). Best to take very early in morning. I had 3 months supply and took a weeks break every few weeks so spread over 5 months (I was worried I’d become addicted) when I stopped I wasn’t looking to take one but felt a little down/ tired for a week or so. For me the biggest drawback was the dry mouth ( not all the time) but chewing gum helps or water! The best thing is not feeling hungry for large amounts of
food, although i still did get hungry during the day - so you don’t starve yourself but I was conscious of what I ate eg healthy. After a month of abstinence i have got a lower dose to loose the last 5kgs... to get to 65-67kg (not skinny!) . At 60 I cant do it by myself, and initially I was a bit frightened to take this- thinking I’d become addicted .
PS I take no other meds other than occasional red wine.

Purchased at: Pharmacy Direct

Sutherland

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Use can be modified to suit

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I see a lot of reviews about how scatty Duromine can make people. And it's true, it can. This happened to me. But what I did was halve the dosage per day. It was that easy. The first full capsule I ever took I felt as high as a kite, racing heart and dry mouth and energy you wouldn't believe. Told myself not to 'fight it' and just go with it. And I was at work. That helped because I was busy. I got hell of a lot done that and definitely reduced my food intake from day 1. However I couldn't sleep and was a tad panicky throughout the night. but I knew why - so didnt over-alarm myself. I didn't take one the next day to see if it would wear off - and it did. The effects of loss of appetite continued but the highly 'wired up' effect died down to a more more mellow, energetic mode. My conclusion - take half as much: The capsule can come apart if you twist and pull. I poured the powder into one those tiny tupperware pill containers, and took half by teaspoon. I took half at 7am, zoomed through the day and it would be off nicely by 7pm at night and I could sleep. So that was the key for me to be on it without any intense side effects. And the dry mouth does make you drink a lot of water which helps - you just have to carry around breath mints with you if the dry mouth persists heavily into social situations. Or else dont take it if you're going out. I lost 7 kilos in 2 months. I was 66 and dropped to 59k. IT gave me the energy to exercise and I used the loss of appetite to rid myself of my carbohydrate addiction (bread, pasta, rice, noodles) Duromine definitely works. But you have to remember it is only temporary. You have to use that time when your food urges are suppressed to change your eating habits. I reduce my carbs to one small serving a day and cut out sugar and did some gym & switched wine for vodka when out - that was all . I would recommend it is good if you're smart about it. If you do that you should be able the weight off. I've mainted 59-60k ever since and that was 2012 & once again in 2016. Good luck.

Private message

Duromine is not for everyone

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

I read so many reviews on this product before I was prepared to open the pack and take day one; most people seem to have an overall positive opinion, which I can only assume means that the good outweighed the bad affects of the drug, even if they have struggled a little on it. I, however, had an extremely bad response to the drug, so I think it is important to share my story, showing that Duromine is NOT for everyone, and if you are like me, and have a bad time on Duromine - then that is okay, you are not alone.

Having trouble with a low functioning thyroid and weight gain, I was prescribed Duromine 30Mg by my GP.
I didn't get past the first 48hrs before I stopped. I love my sleep - I can go 10hrs a night but on Duromine, I didn't sleep at all for 2 nights, I was manic, my heart racing, I couldn't sit still, I couldn't concentrate on anything - only upside, the house was remarkably clean as I had to do something at 3am with that much manic energy.
My realistion was that Duromine is not for me; if I cannot sit still, if cannot concentrate and if cannot focus on one thing and get it done, then I cannot work effectively, nor can I live like this, so this is not a solution for me.

If it were just a dry mouth and constant loo runs, I could handle that - if I got 4hrs sleep, I could handle that; if I could focus and get my work done, then I could handle that - but nothing prepared me for 3 days without sleep, racing heart, manic brain activity and a complete inability to focus or sit still at work.
I'll revert to the old school hard yards to keep the weight down, at least I will have control over that and my response to it.

Purchased at: Terry White Chemists

Verified Purchase

Effective when nothing else has been

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

I was prescribed Duromine by an endocrinologist when diet and exercise (900 cals a day and cardio + weights 5 times a week) had no impact on my weight over 4 months. Coupled with sleep apnea, it was a struggle just to keep to the same weight and not put any on. If you go into this with your eyes open, and read and understand the potential side effects and when it is contraindicated (eg. when you're on meds for blood pressure, depression, etc), none of it should be a surprise. If it's contraindicated, just don't take it. The warnings are there for a reason!
I started on the 30mg, but after a few months my body habituated and it became ineffective for continued weight loss (though I wasn't gaining weight), so the doctor increased the dose to 40mg. The headaches and dry mouth I had with the 30 mg had disappeared after a few weeks, but came back along with the racing heart and slight tightness in the chest feeling. These have mostly settled down, and now it's primarily dry mouth (which is useful in that it makes me drink more water).
With a moderate diet and regular exercise, weight loss is slowish but constant - I haven't had the dramatic weight loss that others have, but then every person's physiology is different. Same with side effects. You may get them, you may not. Everyone I've spoken to about it is vastly different. I will say that the sleep apnea (and resultant exhaustion which made functioning on a daily basis almost impossible) is probably a big part of why this medication doesn't make me jittery as described by some other people: instead, it has given me a bit more energy to get through the day though (in addition to treating the sleep issue, of course). I also find that my hunger hasn't disappeared (it did initially, but after three weeks it returned - though not to the degree I was experiencing it before); so some days I'll go until dinner time with just a coffee or tea, other days I wake up and need breakfast. As per the endocrinologist's advice, I just listen to my body and eat healthily, and it seems to work.
Overall, this has been quite effective for me - while I wish the weight loss would have been more dramatic, I have to be realistic in my expectations given other physical issues. The one big drawback is the price (at about $130 for the 40mg ones for a month); though my private health insurance covers a big chunk of that, which is a relief.
I do recommend seeing a specialist initially when considering this medication - it's a good way to understand what to expect and the possible problems you might encounter.

Purchased at: Chemist Warehouse

Private message

Which i could use this forever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Im one of the lucky ones with no side effects, I have no hunger and huge amount of energy I lost 20kg in 2 months and manage to do everything on my todo list with all the excess energy.

Purchased at: Local Pharmacy

• 3 answers

Lifesaver

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

This thing is a life saver. I've very low metabolism and was putting on a lot of weight. My doctor gave me duromine. I lost 3 kilos in 4 days. Then I stopped taking the medicine as it caused very bad insomnia. After a few days started taking it again and this time my weight went 64 to 59. So I lost a total of 8 kilos and I haven't finished my first packet yet. I take it every alternate day to deal with the insomnia and the only downside of this medicine which is your body kind of gets used to it and stops working. So taking it alternate days really helped. My plan is to go below 55. I still have 10 caps left.

Sydney, NSW

Good and Bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

I've used this on and off awhile back to lose weight and yes, it definitely worked. I was never on it longer than a month and never felt like i was addicted to it and had to have it again and again. I was on the lowest dose and I definitely didn't need anymore. You appetite is in complete check, a lot of energy, your heart does race for most of the day so its like a constant work out. On the negative side, it's sleepless nights, I would only get 3 to 4 hours, heart palpitations, and I think you become really tense and kind of unhappy. So, while you do lose the weight when on it, as soon as I was off, it didn't take long to gain the weight back on.

Camden, New South Wales, Australia

• 2 helpful votes

Works very effectively!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2018

When I started duromine 40mg 2 weeks ago I was at my heaviest which was 146.7 mg. I had read a ton of negative reviews talking about side effects etc which had me very worried. I bit the bullet and took it anyway and at day 14 am already feeling great. I have lost 10.4kg already. The only side effects I have suffered was a restless sleep for the first four of five nights and a dry mouth. I have been having a decent breakfast and lunch but only having a light dinner and making sure that I have dinner no later than 6pm. I have been walking 5km 3-4 times a week as well. I am feeling like I have a lot more energy. My doctor has put me on a 3 month course so I am seeing a dietitian in this time to help me better plan balanced meals and portion sizes.

Sydney

Great Results so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Duromine has worked so well for me, I’d recommend it to anyone struggling with losing weight. I’ve lost 12kg’s in 10 weeks, and this has been so much easier without the hunger, cravings and low energy that I normally experience when dieting and exercising.

I did find that eating straight after taking the tablet in the morning made me very tired (literally fell asleep after breakfast the first two days) so I just have a cup of tea for breakfast now and then do my morning workout. I’m not hungry at all, so it’s easier to make healthy food choices. I now only eat two healthy meals and 2 peices of fruit as morning and afternoon snacks. I have to take my pill as soon as I get up at 6am or I do have trouble getting to sleep before 11pm!

I drink 2-3 litres of water a day, but no matter how much I drink I constantly have a dry mouth. I’ve tried chewing gum and those mouth moisturising sprays but nothing seems to help. I am also very constipated so I have had 3 colonics and I’m taking Magnesium Oxide just to keep things moving! They’re the only real side effects though, so for 12 weeks I can live with this. I do go to bed later and don’t need as much sleep (6-7hrs) but I feel clear, energised and alert all day so I’m seeing that as a positive.
I’m getting so much done with more energy now and I feel like I have my life back. I did suffer with boats of depression from feeling useless with chronic fatigue and being overweight but since being on Duromine and seeing progress with my weight loss and fitness, I feel great!

I am concerned about coming off Duromine as I’d hate to feel a lack of energy, depressed and increased appetite, only to put on weight again.

I eat 800-1200 calories a day, I exercise 6 days a week but one day is a stretch or yoga class, 3 days low impact cardio, 2 days strength training. I exercise at home doing workout videos, spin bike, weights, resistance bands or doing a 5km walk outdoors.

I’ve found monitoring my progress through weekly weigh-ins and measuring my bust, waist, hips, thigh and upper arm really keeps me inspired and on track. I also use a Fitbit and write up my daily intake of calories, water, what I’ve burned up through exercise, hours slept, my mindset and my energy levels through the Fitbit App. I’ve given up coffee but I will have a strong black tea for breakfast.

Start weight was 94.5kg, now sitting at 82.5kg. I was wearing size 18 and now fit a 14-16. My goal is 70kg and wearing a size 12. I have been 60-65kg and a size 10 before but I’ve realised this is not a realistic goal for me now I’m nearly 50.

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey, it is so worth the effort!

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Duromine has given me the mindset to give this diet my all or nothing. I have been taking 30mg for 4 weeks now with a 12.1kg loss. I am very active in my job and have cut all drinks and sugar from my diet and keep alert on my portion sizes. I have to remember to eat as I never feel hungry at all. Very dry mouth but worth it to drop the weight.

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

3 kilos gone after 4 days on duromine.
I exercise 4 times a week.
I have breakfast only.
No hunger pains.
I'm drinking lots of water due to a dry mouth all the time.
Normal energy, but great clarity of the mind, and nothing is too much trouble.
I sleep really well.
I'm over 60 years old with leg disabilities, so I cannot get around easy.
This is the best ever weight loss I've experienced.

Disipline and consistency.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I am a male 67yrs old I had lower back problems. I was 115kg that put me in the obese stage. My Doctor told me I need to lose the weight that was causing my back problems. I had tried Duromine 15mg a year ago with another Doctor with no success. We discuss the option to go for Duromine 40.Explained the possible side effects. He was hesitant to start me again on a lower dose Duromine15. Due to my BMI. The first two nights the side effects where restless sleep and very alert. Dry mouth was very prominent. To help with the sleeping take the tablet as early as possible I took it at 6am each day as I noticed in the early days taking it by 9am was too late as it did affect the sleep.Also no caffeine after 4pm helps. Drinking lots of water helped with the dry mouth and helped in the weight loss. As of the 10th feb 2018 my weight is 92kg.Loss of 23kgs from a 2XL to L. A lot more energy more motivated no more back pain. I found during the program it is very important not to skip meals eat smaller amounts.Breakfast being the largest followed by lunch and a light meal for dinner. No breads no oils no sugar. No caffein after 4pm. Exercise walking swimming, movement in general.No sitting too long. I have no side effects from my last dose over 90 days ended 10 days ago.

Perth

Private message

Duromine really a weight loss pills

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Hi everyone. I staredt taking duromine on the 26th Jan 2018 at 4:30am in the morning and I had lossed 4ks in 4 days. I had dry mouth sometimes. I had no other after in effect at the moment. I am sleeping well and lots of energy and active then ever

Purchased at: My Chemist

Melbourne

• 3 answers
Private message

Duromine- Let’s see how well it will do

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

I started Duromine two weeks ago from today. I was pretty anxious to say the least but now being two weeks in I feel a little more at ease. I have already lost 5KG in two weeks & a total of 30cms of my entire body. In saying that it comes down to how bad you want to lose weight. I excercise 4-5 times a week and my diet is pretty healthy with one cheat meal a week. I haven’t always been healthy it’s in the last two months I has just had enough and decedied to real track what I put in my body. I have a long way to go before I am at my desired weight however Duromine I will say works 100%. My doctor put me on it to actually speed up my metabolism as I just wasn’t seeing any results going to the gym and eating right. I can say with confidence it’s helped tremendously and if you eat small meals at the same time every day this will also speed up the weight loss. Also it helps you to not crave crap foods and stay on track since being on it all I’ve wanted was healthy options where I used to crave sugar and stuff.

Now I have experienced some side effects however I’m greatful nothing to serious. First being dry mouth which is maybe a blessing because it makes you drink a lot more water.

My biggest one though has been NO SLEEP. I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad. If you can’t funtion without sleep I wouldn’t recommend taking this drug. Hopefully now that my body is used to it I will be okay but for the past two weeks I have had several sleep less nights and I’m talking nothing at all.

The worse was this week when I got a max 4 hours sleep on mon, tues & wed but on Thursday’s I didnt sleep at all. No matter what I did I couldn’t sleep. This will really effect you at work because you’re just exhausted after not sleeping for days. Luckily the tablet will make you fell more awake but I had to have a coffee because I was so tired. I wouldn’t recommend that either because my god people thought I was on crack at work after I had that.

I have now come down with the flu because my body just can’t handle when I don’t get enough sleep it seems to always get sick.

All in all it does help you just have to be willing to risk the effects. Just monitor yourself and check in with your doctor

Purchased at: Chemist Warehouse

Gosford

Private message

Not long being taking this medication seems to be working so far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

I was unsure what to expect when i first got prescribed this medication was a bit annoyed that it wasnt on the pbs to start with but if it going to help me loss weight it will help wirth other conditions so i hope this will work with deit and excersice

Drummond Cove

Perfect for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Duromine has no flavour but i took 30mg amd found them very effective.. My expectations were highly met.. However the heart rate does worry me sometimes for certain people.. where theres a will theres away.. u have to want to lose the weight

Purchased at: Chemist Australia

Onslow

Duromine worked for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Some years ago considerably overweight ..unhappy and no self confidence .Started on Duromine and once the weight stated coming off , the scales showed less but my confidence soared ..some side affects but no one takes it long term ..would use it again in a heartbeat

Geelong

Private message

Amazing and great to help weight loss

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Started off at 92.6kg in april, started taking 15mg duromine then went up to 30mg, am now sitting at 79.3kg, need to drink lots of water, i have breakfast and dont eat again until dinner, maybe a small snack on the odd accassion, and certainly hyped up the energy scale although im generally full of energy anyway, still able to eat the odd bit of takeaway, but no longer crave chocolate, chips and all the unhealthy nibbles we tend to pick at

Melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Be cautious!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I tried Duromine twice over the years. One being the weaker and then the stronger. I suffered terrible side effects. I could not sleep and I felt constantly out of it like a spaced out feeling. Somebody would be talking to me and I would not have a clue half the time! Yes i did lose a few kilos but it all went back on after. Everybody is different and it does work for some just be cautious.

Purchased at: Terry White Chemists

Orange

Private message

More positives then negatives!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Currently finishing my third month on Duromine.
The side effects are very real but i found i didnt suffer anywhere near as bad as others made out they did (only had a dry mouth for a few weeks). Product has assissted in me losing 12kgs so far. Very happy with it

Purchased at: Cincotta Chemist