Disipline and consistency.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I am a male 67yrs old I had lower back problems. I was 115kg that put me in the obese stage. My Doctor told me I need to lose the weight that was causing my back problems. I had tried Duromine 15mg a year ago with another Doctor with no success. We discuss the option to go for Duromine 40.Explained the possible side effects. He was hesitant to start me again on a lower dose Duromine15. Due to my BMI. The first two nights the side effects where restless sleep and very alert. Dry mouth was very prominent. To help with the sleeping take the tablet as early as possible I took it at 6am each day as I noticed in the early days taking it by 9am was too late as it did affect the sleep.Also no caffeine after 4pm helps. Drinking lots of water helped with the dry mouth and helped in the weight loss. As of the 10th feb 2018 my weight is 92kg.Loss of 23kgs from a 2XL to L. A lot more energy more motivated no more back pain. I found during the program it is very important not to skip meals eat smaller amounts.Breakfast being the largest followed by lunch and a light meal for dinner. No breads no oils no sugar. No caffein after 4pm. Exercise walking swimming, movement in general.No sitting too long. I have no side effects from my last dose over 90 days ended 10 days ago.

Duromine really a weight loss pills

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

Hi everyone. I staredt taking duromine on the 26th Jan 2018 at 4:30am in the morning and I had lossed 4ks in 4 days. I had dry mouth sometimes. I had no other after in effect at the moment. I am sleeping well and lots of energy and active then ever

Purchased at: My Chemist

• 3 answers
Private message

Duromine- Let’s see how well it will do

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

I started Duromine two weeks ago from today. I was pretty anxious to say the least but now being two weeks in I feel a little more at ease. I have already lost 5KG in two weeks & a total of 30cms of my entire body. In saying that it comes down to how bad you want to lose weight. I excercise 4-5 times a week and my diet is pretty healthy with one cheat meal a week. I haven’t always been healthy it’s in the last two months I has just had enough and decedied to real track what I put in my body. I have a long way to go before I am at my desired weight however Duromine I will say works 100%. My doctor put me on it to actually speed up my metabolism as I just wasn’t seeing any results going to the gym and eating right. I can say with confidence it’s helped tremendously and if you eat small meals at the same time every day this will also speed up the weight loss. Also it helps you to not crave crap foods and stay on track since being on it all I’ve wanted was healthy options where I used to crave sugar and stuff.

Now I have experienced some side effects however I’m greatful nothing to serious. First being dry mouth which is maybe a blessing because it makes you drink a lot more water.

My biggest one though has been NO SLEEP. I knew it was going to be bad but not this bad. If you can’t funtion without sleep I wouldn’t recommend taking this drug. Hopefully now that my body is used to it I will be okay but for the past two weeks I have had several sleep less nights and I’m talking nothing at all.

The worse was this week when I got a max 4 hours sleep on mon, tues & wed but on Thursday’s I didnt sleep at all. No matter what I did I couldn’t sleep. This will really effect you at work because you’re just exhausted after not sleeping for days. Luckily the tablet will make you fell more awake but I had to have a coffee because I was so tired. I wouldn’t recommend that either because my god people thought I was on crack at work after I had that.

I have now come down with the flu because my body just can’t handle when I don’t get enough sleep it seems to always get sick.

All in all it does help you just have to be willing to risk the effects. Just monitor yourself and check in with your doctor

Gosford

Private message

Not long being taking this medication seems to be working so far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2017

I was unsure what to expect when i first got prescribed this medication was a bit annoyed that it wasnt on the pbs to start with but if it going to help me loss weight it will help wirth other conditions so i hope this will work with deit and excersice

Drummond Cove

Perfect for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Duromine has no flavour but i took 30mg amd found them very effective.. My expectations were highly met.. However the heart rate does worry me sometimes for certain people.. where theres a will theres away.. u have to want to lose the weight

Purchased at: Chemist Australia

Onslow

Duromine worked for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Some years ago considerably overweight ..unhappy and no self confidence .Started on Duromine and once the weight stated coming off , the scales showed less but my confidence soared ..some side affects but no one takes it long term ..would use it again in a heartbeat

Geelong

Private message

Amazing and great to help weight loss

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Started off at 92.6kg in april, started taking 15mg duromine then went up to 30mg, am now sitting at 79.3kg, need to drink lots of water, i have breakfast and dont eat again until dinner, maybe a small snack on the odd accassion, and certainly hyped up the energy scale although im generally full of energy anyway, still able to eat the odd bit of takeaway, but no longer crave chocolate, chips and all the unhealthy nibbles we tend to pick at

• 7 helpful votes

Be cautious!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

I tried Duromine twice over the years. One being the weaker and then the stronger. I suffered terrible side effects. I could not sleep and I felt constantly out of it like a spaced out feeling. Somebody would be talking to me and I would not have a clue half the time! Yes i did lose a few kilos but it all went back on after. Everybody is different and it does work for some just be cautious.

Purchased at: Terry White Chemists

Orange

Private message

More positives then negatives!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Currently finishing my third month on Duromine.
The side effects are very real but i found i didnt suffer anywhere near as bad as others made out they did (only had a dry mouth for a few weeks). Product has assissted in me losing 12kgs so far. Very happy with it

Purchased at: Cincotta Chemist

Sydney

Private message

Helped but ended up with more health issues.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

It works, but the side effects are real. Be careful and dont take chances. Follow it and eat 5 to 7 small meals a day and dont skip meals. You'll stall your weightloss.

Without Duromine I dont think I would have succeeded

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

All I have to say regardless of some side effects this is a magical drug. I was 114kg and now am at 64kg. I couldn't be more happier with my weight and most of all my size. I went from size 14 getting onto 16 and am now between size 10-8. It has changed my life forever. But to get there I barely ate anything but fruits and vegetables for a couple months, one piece of chicken breast here and there no oils or marinades for months now. Including exercise constantly from morning until 9pm sometimes later.

• 1 helpful vote

This is perfect ever :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I started with 30mg and my weigh was 70kg after 3 weeks my weigh become 52 kg. When I started he first two night i did not sleep well from the third night I get enough sleep as nomal.No side effect :) I drink alots water and eat Fruits. It's really helpful than what I expected.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

QLD

• 3 comments

Works - but addictive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

It works, but if you have been reliant on amphetamine in the past, these tablets are like using speed... so, not great for people with addiction problems.
I was relying on these to help me socialize and I panicked when my supply ran low. I started rationing.
They made me have chronic panic attacks and I eventually gained back all the weight I'd lost - plus more.

Mixed Emotions

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I've always had struggle losing weight. Not being a big eater I got so sick of doctors telling me "just eat less and exercise". So a doctor prescribed me with duromine 30mg and a 1200calories a day diet. In 6 months I lost like 20kg! My doctor was fairly happy (although I think he expected me to lose more) BUT there was a catch. I was never hungry. I ate less than 800 calories a day. I did 1 hour of cardio and two hours of weight training a day, 5 days a week. So really it was unhealthy. But my doctor didn't believe me. After 6 months I got really ill, I would faint daily, I lost 40% of my hair, had a bloody stool and mentally lost it. I was sick in bed almost 2 weeks a month. After having severe panic attacks, yelling in my sleep and hearing and seeing things I got prescribed antidepressants. And so I stopped the duromine and gained all the weight I lost. And now I'm miserable and desperate again, some part of me want to take up on the duromine rollercoaster again to just feel success again. But overall I wont recommend it you can lose weight on a healthy way. Some of us are not that lucky :(

Private message

Duromine was horrible for me!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Hi all. So I started on Duromine 15mg about a week ago. Felt nothing. Doctor said to take 30mg starting the new week. This is what happened. I get up at 5, drank my pill at about 6. All went well, still felt a bit hungry at about 9. A little after 10 I started to feel cloudy, it felt like a cloud hung over my head. Then the jitters started, my hands were literally shaking non stop. The worse hit just about 11. I experienced severe heart palpitations to the point that I felt I was having a panic attack. My breathing was out of control and I felt pressure on my chest. I had stomach cramps and I could feel I was on a high. Needless to say I ended up going to the doctor to give me something to calm me down. I struggled for about 4 hours like that before deciding to go to the doctor. I never want to feel like that again. For some it works really well. For me personally it was a horrible experience.

Purchased at: My Chemist

Geilston Bay

Duromine 40mg first timers

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Today is my first day, took it about mid morning after umming and arghing at even taking the course.
Its now 3 hours into taking it and I feel like I have had speed or ecstasy or something like that (I assume this is what it feels like to be on these drugs). I am very thirsty - so far have had 1.5L of water (in saying that, I do drink a lot of water normally). I am a little fidgety, and my concentration levels seem to be amazing! Constantly wanting to be doing something. So weeded half the back yard! Can see how people will get addicted to this. I am 160cm 34 years of age female current weight is 81kg my goal weight is 60kg. Although my weight distributes quite evenly I still fit into most of my size 10 and 12 stuff. Will write another review in a few weeks.

MELBOURNE

Private message

Negative side affects are unfortunately a true risk.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

I was prescribed Duromine because of slow metabolism and sadly did not have a happy experience. Although there was some results regarding appetite suppression the experience after 9 days was not good for me.
The side affects included bladder issues, heart palpitations, irritation, anxiety, a pervasive unpleasant metallic taste in my mouth and a severe loss of sleep and concentration.
I always took the tablets early in the morning but immediately felt unwell.
For me, personally, the negative side affects far outweighed the positive.
Never again.

1st day on Duromine - Hope it helps me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I am being positive. Without being able to do a lot of physical activity, due to knee Reconstruction & torn left rotar cuff, I am looking forward to loosing some weight, with the help of Duromine.

DAY 2

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Im on day 2 of Duromine and Im please to say that I dont have those extreme side effects. I take my pill at 5am go to gym at 6. Maybe this helps. I dont feel hungry at all but Ibforce my self to drink atleast 2 lt of water in a day. Im productive at work, im not moody.

Private message

It works wonders.... BUT.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Initially when i started taking duromine the side affects were so bad, I began taking it every few days or one week on one week off. I was also on the higest dose too. I was having heart palpatations every 3 to 4 days. I constantly had a dry mouth despite drinking over a litre of water a day, and lets just say I didnt know what sleep was. The first time on Duromine I was very careful on what I consumed counting every bite but managing 2 meals a day. And though the side affects were bad i made 3 weeks worth of tablets last about 6 and managed to keep of 6 7kgss even after getting off duromine.

After aproximatly 2 months i decided to try again. This time i would take them more consistently barely skipping 2 or 3 days (weekends or when the side affects were way to bad). However this time round. I have not been hungry at all that I have to force myself to eat half a plate of food a day. I know this isnt the smartest thing to do, but I have the help now to say no so while I have D supressing my hunger I am going to milk it. However, last week almost 2 weeks early my period started and not thinking it was linked to D I have stayed on it until i did some research. I have had a consistant flow for approximately a week with no hints its about to slow down. And reading online reviews alot of woman have had this or similair issue.
I have managed to date to drop over 10kgs. But... a consistant flow of bleeding. Mood swings. Being uncomfortable, tired, not being able to sleep, headaches due to all the above. I dont think its worth it ...

1 of 3 pages

Do u need a prescription for duromine

Manuel D asked on Feb 12, 2018

Yes and expencive

Hey Manuel,

Yes you do! Unfortunately because it’s such a strong drug they need to check your blood pressure and other things before you start on it.

I think that may me a generic brand that you could buy without a prescription but it wouldn’t work the same.

I have been on Metermine 30mg for a month now. First two nights taking them I didnt get to sleep until 1am but after that it didnt affect my sleeping at all. First few days I didnt feel hungry but now I feel hungry all the time. People say they have a surge of energy from it, I have not experienced anything like that at all. Honestly I feel exactly the same. Not sure if I should keep taking them or try a higher does? Guess the doctor will decide that for me. Just curious if anyone else feels the same as if they wernt taking it at all?

Brittany.boo asked on Jan 27, 2018

Answer this

I dont feel any differently on them either, but i stuck them out and lost more weight then i ever thought i would so was a big surprise... I guess everyone reacts differently to them.... stick them out until you're next check up or new script and see how u go weight loss wise...

Totally agree with the previous comment. You really just need to stick it out for the month to see the results. To be honest I’m in the forth week now & I think my body has become used to it so I now feel hungry again but I’ve learnt how to mange it a bit more. Saying that it all depends on how much fat & weight you have to lose that determines the weight loss. The more you weigh the greater your result is going to be. I would check in with your doctor though to see if they can put you on a higher does & if it has helped you to lose anything

I have taken Duromine for 3days. The side effects are dry mouth, just a little bit problem on sleeping, and a little bit dry eyes. But my weight is no different, I’m still 61kg. I don’t know the reason, does anyone know the reason? Is it useful to me?

Alice asked on Jan 24, 2018

Hey Alice,

I’m not a professional at all but I can only go by what I’ve read & what the doctors have told me. The more weight you have to lose the greater your result will be. 61KG is still in the healthy weight range & to be honest is the number that a lot of people on Duromine try to get to. So it may not drop off as fast as someone who weighs over 100kg as you might not have that much fat on your body to lose..

Best advice I can give you is only weigh yourself once a week not every day. This will dishearten you if you don’t see the scales change. Also take your measurements as I found one week I lost nothing on the scales but 35cm off my body.

Drink as much water as you can as this helps & obviously excercising everyday & eating clean as well as staying within you calorie intake is what is going to speed the process up. These are what I’ve found have helped me drop it faster

I didn’t see a drop in my weight until the end of the 6 day so nearly a week so give it sometime to kick In. Hope this helps a little

This drug didn't work for me been on it for a month always hungery only lost 1.2kg i ate probly exersice every day i woudnt bother with drig

Product Details