Filter By:

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Mar 2018

No good

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

We recently bought a house with the unit installed. A few weeks in, I realised after finding this page that I am experiencing the same problematic symptoms as everyone else. There is no hot water and it is unreliable. Who ever is reading this, here is your summarised answer: replace it with something better!

Model: 20L Gas Type: LPG Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Had my great builder (not) PA and DS Burns install this useless gas hot water service. Before we even got into the house we had 3 units installed by the builder as the first two wouldn't work. We now find out the book that has come with the unit doesn't even let us know what model etc. I have had two other gas hot water services one was Rheem and the other Rinnai and never had an ounce of trouble with them. Do not under any circumstances let your builder install one of these. Either water is too cold or too hot can't seem to have a warm shower.

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Aug 2010

Rubbish company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

It looks like I had the same problem as every one ells wish i had seen this site before buying. Wanted to buy and help Australian company, not any more. Spent $350 on Dux so called service engineers both said the boiler is five years old and was lucky to have it last so long, recommended I replace with Renni.
Went to the factory as i live around the corner and was told to leave or they would have me forcibly removed.

Model: 26L Gas Type: LPG Date Purchased: Feb 2017

it's a piece of crap,

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

this is the most unreliable hot water service available. Was installed by a statesman homes contractor who use the cheapest available.runs hot and when you add a little cold water to make it usable it goes cold. Most reviews seem to be a similar problem. Have had three other brands in other homes and they all worked fine.

Perth

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Aug 2012

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

It has been used near 5 years, still works well.
I have used Bosch Pilot Ignition for half year, it was terrible. When showering,if you feel the water too hot and try add a little bit cold water, don't worry, it will be totally cold water came in few seconds. If anyone use water in kitchen, you will stuck in the same situation. LMAO
After that nightmare, I am so happy with the Dux finally.

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Jul 2012

Has anyone one fixed DUX 26l PCB

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

Has anyone one fixed PCB or pin pointed what actually fails on PCB I have 2x 26l units both have failed have intermittent hot cold flow wasted a lot of money on DUX units I want to repairs these as there not very old any help would be appreciated Cheers

• 1 answer

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Worse hot water system that I’ve ever had.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Water goes cold. Then hot, then cold again. Very unreliable. Paid $136 for plumber to say that we needed to turn the flow up much more? It was at a comfortable level when it went cold. DUX say the unit it operating ok like this.
Avoid if possible. Choose a different manufacturer.

Verified Purchase Model: 20L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: May 2009

Its a terrible product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Unit 6 to 7years old hot water was eratic would be hot then cold.had the pcb board replaced.cost of $275.after a few months it started again plumber came out to check it said it was all ok the eratic temp.of the water continued. After spending nearly $600on repairs enough is enough and had the hot water replaced but never with a dux.after approaching the company and explaining the problems i had with this product they just did not want to have anything to do with this .very very poor customer service.shame on dux.

Liverpool

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Jun 2017

One shower at a time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

Hi...would like to get some urgent help re: Dux 26L.. our family is unable to use 2 showers at a time, let alone 3 as the hot water can only run JUST enough for 1 standard shower. When I called customer service, they advised I call a plumber as this could be an installation issue. This was not the case! Very disappointed with the unit and have only had it for 3 months. RIP to my old but trusty Rheem tank..!!

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Mar 2002

Great unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I'm a plumber and I've installed numerous of these and even have one in my own home. As I've noticed doing service work 90% of the issues I find with these systems are incorrect sizing or installation. I have found that around the 5 year mark a PCB normally needs to be replaced but on a storage gas or electric at 5 year it requires a service which involves replacing valves and anodes you're looking at further costs then a simple PCB replacement. Great systems and will never recommend much else

Adelaide

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Feb 2014

PCB fails and unit is 3 years 4 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Very disappointed with Dux endurance 26 litre. Purchased and installed on 17th February 2014 and PCB died on 26th June 2017, very little help from Dux after sales service. Replacement cost $450.00 for PCB including labor. Only suggestion was to email aftersales@dux.com.au - email came back as undeliverable?? Why? Now have emailed my invoices and proof of purchase to feedback@dux.com.au hoping for an answer. A product that obviously has an issue with the PCB and would not recommend again. product should not fail after just 3 years 4 months. Very disappointing.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update, Dux have refunded me half of the total cost. I received a refund of $225.00 on 27th July. Still believe that a product should not fail after this amount of time. Dux explained that the PCB ... read more »

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: May 2013

Alarm code 11 and 12

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Most days it's a struggle to use it. We wait hrs till it kicks in or shower cold. It comes up with code 11 then once it's going, code 12 will come along and we're back at square 1.
After reading all the reviews it's obvious to go with another brand. Pretty annoyed as it's only 4 years old.

Anyway, I'm gonna go try to have a shower... My first attempt was 2 hrs ago and I'm still trying.

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Jul 2011

Rubbish product, will file complaint with ACCC & Consumer Affairs.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

We are having very similar issues to those described by other here. I also have had no luck with Dux, so will seek appropriate consumer and LEGAL address.

Intermittent heating, inconsistent and unreliable performance. Product has been appropriately serviced, but issues started to arise as soon as it got to about six years old.

BTW Dux I work for a major national retailer and I have referred our property team to these reviews to consider when fitting out our stores.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Dec 2010

PCB board fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

PCB board is faulty. This is very common.
Dux knows there is an issue with the PCB board but has no intention of recalling or repairing faulty units.
Admittedly my unit is seven years old but the fault is common and wide spread and no effort has been made by Dux to cough up and pay for the repairs.Dux has no integrity and will not accept responsibility for the fault. The world is small given the internet and word of mouth is powerful.
Knowedge is power Dux and the more knowledge I can share about your units the better I feel.
Please dont buy a Dux unit you will not get any service all you get is excuses.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

cobden

Model: 26L Gas Type: LPG Date Purchased: Feb 2013

Dux performance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

again! intermittant heating,or does not go at all,just out of warranty,bought top of the range ,contacted Dux, they don't want to know me,they suggested fix at big dollars which may or may not work,totally unreliable for a working family.Absolutely frustrated and disappointed with the company and backup! Many posts on websites stateing exact same problems,but no satisfactory resolution from Dux , so much for business integrity.My family will now have cold /hot /cold/no showers until I can afford to replace the unit with something hopefully more dependable.

Perth

• 2 comments

Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Aug 2011

Inbuilt obsolescence?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

I have the exact same problem with my unit as a lot of the other reviewers. Started working intermittently after 5 years. Now it won't work at all.

As others have said, it should last longer than 5 years. What a disappointment.

These faulty models should be getting repaired or replaced by Dux!

Brisbane

• 1 helpful vote

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Dux Endurance Plus, Stated Claims of 40 degrees rise at 16.25 l/m just Misleading and Deceptive adve

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2016

We moved into a new house 2 years ago. It is fitted with a Dux Endurance Plus (or 26L). The specification is +40 degrees at 16..25 l/m. The best I can get is 45 degrees Max at 6 l/m at the sink! The system is not fitted with a Kitchen remote so that might help. When we moved in, the kitchen sink had a fancy extendable tap spout which would only allow 3-4 l/m, not sufficient to activate the second stage of the Dux burner. This $400 tap was replaced with a simple $100 tap and the water flow and Temp improved, but only to 45 degrees at 6 l/m. I also increased the input pressure. I removed all the flow restrictors from the showers, as they too would not allow sufficient flow to bring in the second stage burner. My current cold temp is 18 degrees, so I get a 27 degree rise? Like others on this blog, I too are on the verge of throwing it out. I have had a number of Bosch HW systems over recent years and they have been far superior!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Same Problem PCB fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

My DUX unit is 5-6 years old getting intermittent fault you've got to turn water on and off 20 times some times to get it working. Then it will work ok for a week without issue very frustrating at 6am in the morning, very disappointed with the reliability on this 26l unit.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Found a fix I installed a Ground / Earth wire from the bottom of the box to a earth spike looks like it needs a direct earth connection to work efficiently been ok for 2 wks now.There is a screw on... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 16L Gas Type: LPG

feeling ripped off and after sales centre dosn't care! Im furious.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2016

Our House was built in 2011 with a DUX endurance 16 fitted.it worked well for 4 years or so then started failing to ignite 1 out of three times and gradually got worse til it stopped working over the last couple of weeks. I rang the so call" fast after sales service help line" to ask for advice and was told there was nothing she could do for me and that it is probably the pcb ,then I read all these reviews wow.now ive had my plumber out , he has given that side of things the all clear .JUST A QUICK $100, so then I call my sparky out he spends about an hour and a half $140.he tells me that the pcb has failed now I'm down $240 plus $400 for a new pcb plus fitment .now we're talking nearly $800 to repair a unit that costs $908 to replace! pfft!!! dux endurance.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I sorted out the issue with our dux system, we replaced it with a Rinnai. Shame on you Dux. Spread the word people!!!

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Lousy unit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2016

Extremely disappointed with the unit. The PCB faulty after 5-6 years and cost me $440 to replace. Have been talked strongly of this product until now. Will never recommend this product to anyone as warranty is pretty lousy. My old house has a Rinnai and still going strong after 20 years. Should have got Rinnai instead.
Serial No: 2010.09-6050190