Filter By:

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Mar 2002

Great unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I'm a plumber and I've installed numerous of these and even have one in my own home. As I've noticed doing service work 90% of the issues I find with these systems are incorrect sizing or installation. I have found that around the 5 year mark a PCB normally needs to be replaced but on a storage gas or electric at 5 year it requires a service which involves replacing valves and anodes you're looking at further costs then a simple PCB replacement. Great systems and will never recommend much else

Adelaide

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Feb 2014

PCB fails and unit is 3 years 4 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Very disappointed with Dux endurance 26 litre. Purchased and installed on 17th February 2014 and PCB died on 26th June 2017, very little help from Dux after sales service. Replacement cost $450.00 for PCB including labor. Only suggestion was to email [email protected] - email came back as undeliverable?? Why? Now have emailed my invoices and proof of purchase to [email protected] hoping for an answer. A product that obviously has an issue with the PCB and would not recommend again. product should not fail after just 3 years 4 months. Very disappointing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update, Dux have refunded me half of the total cost. I received a refund of $225.00 on 27th July. Still believe that a product should not fail after this amount of time. Dux explained that the PCB ... read more »

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: May 2013

Alarm code 11 and 12

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Most days it's a struggle to use it. We wait hrs till it kicks in or shower cold. It comes up with code 11 then once it's going, code 12 will come along and we're back at square 1.
After reading all the reviews it's obvious to go with another brand. Pretty annoyed as it's only 4 years old.

Anyway, I'm gonna go try to have a shower... My first attempt was 2 hrs ago and I'm still trying.

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Jul 2011

Rubbish product, will file complaint with ACCC & Consumer Affairs.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

We are having very similar issues to those described by other here. I also have had no luck with Dux, so will seek appropriate consumer and LEGAL address.

Intermittent heating, inconsistent and unreliable performance. Product has been appropriately serviced, but issues started to arise as soon as it got to about six years old.

BTW Dux I work for a major national retailer and I have referred our property team to these reviews to consider when fitting out our stores.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Dec 2010

PCB board fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

PCB board is faulty. This is very common.
Dux knows there is an issue with the PCB board but has no intention of recalling or repairing faulty units.
Admittedly my unit is seven years old but the fault is common and wide spread and no effort has been made by Dux to cough up and pay for the repairs.Dux has no integrity and will not accept responsibility for the fault. The world is small given the internet and word of mouth is powerful.
Knowedge is power Dux and the more knowledge I can share about your units the better I feel.
Please dont buy a Dux unit you will not get any service all you get is excuses.

cobden

Model: 26L Gas Type: LPG Date Purchased: Feb 2013

Dux performance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

again! intermittant heating,or does not go at all,just out of warranty,bought top of the range ,contacted Dux, they don't want to know me,they suggested fix at big dollars which may or may not work,totally unreliable for a working family.Absolutely frustrated and disappointed with the company and backup! Many posts on websites stateing exact same problems,but no satisfactory resolution from Dux , so much for business integrity.My family will now have cold /hot /cold/no showers until I can afford to replace the unit with something hopefully more dependable.

Perth

• 2 comments

Gas Type: Natural Gas Date Purchased: Aug 2011

Inbuilt obsolescence?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

I have the exact same problem with my unit as a lot of the other reviewers. Started working intermittently after 5 years. Now it won't work at all.

As others have said, it should last longer than 5 years. What a disappointment.

These faulty models should be getting repaired or replaced by Dux!

Brisbane

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Dux Endurance Plus, Stated Claims of 40 degrees rise at 16.25 l/m just Misleading and Deceptive adve

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2016

We moved into a new house 2 years ago. It is fitted with a Dux Endurance Plus (or 26L). The specification is +40 degrees at 16..25 l/m. The best I can get is 45 degrees Max at 6 l/m at the sink! The system is not fitted with a Kitchen remote so that might help. When we moved in, the kitchen sink had a fancy extendable tap spout which would only allow 3-4 l/m, not sufficient to activate the second stage of the Dux burner. This $400 tap was replaced with a simple $100 tap and the water flow and Temp improved, but only to 45 degrees at 6 l/m. I al so increased the input pressure. I removed all the flow restrictors from the showers, as they too would not allow sufficient flow to bring in the second stage burner. My current cold temp is 18 degrees, so I get a 27 degree rise? Like others on this blog, I too are on the verge of throwing it out. I have had a number of Bosch HW systems over recent years and they have been far superior!

• 2 helpful votes

Same Problem PCB fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2016

My DUX unit is 5-6 years old getting intermittent fault you've got to turn water on and off 20 times some times to get it working. Then it will work ok for a week without issue very frustrating at 6am in the morning, very disappointed with the reliability on this 26l unit.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Found a fix I installed a Ground / Earth wire from the bottom of the box to a earth spike looks like it needs a direct earth connection to work efficiently been ok for 2 wks now.There is a screw on... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 16L Gas Type: LPG

feeling ripped off and after sales centre dosn't care! Im furious.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2016

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I sorted out the issue with our dux system, we replaced it with a Rinnai. Shame on you Dux. Spread the word people!!!

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Lousy unit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2016

Extremely disappointed with the unit. The PCB faulty after 5-6 years and cost me $440 to replace. Have been talked strongly of this product until now. Will never recommend this product to anyone as warranty is pretty lousy. My old house has a Rinnai and still going strong after 20 years. Should have got Rinnai instead.
Serial No: 2010.09-6050190

Dux is disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2016

Barely a month after warranty runs out the Dux system decides to play up works whenever it wants flashes alarm code 11. Call after sales who take great pride in reminding me my warranty is out and it will cost me $160 to get a contractor to tell me what's wrong without even doing anything.. i can tell myself whats wrong with it for free.. it's fixed. The product is crap and after sales are as helpful as a bucket full of holes. Sort your product out and help your customers Dux!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Ian, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at [email protected] with reference number PRW315, please include your 6 digit serial number.
Regards Dux After Sales.

Don't buy DUX

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

I wish I had read reviews before buying. I've had same issue as so many of the reviewers. Five years then the thing stops working. Smarmy, arrogant, unhelpful DUX afterservice. She must have heard the same complaint over and over. No gas plumber would recommend this junk. Just wish I had known that before.

chris

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

Decided to replace an 11 year old Vulcan 315lL off peak storage system with Dux Solar Hot Water System as we felt the storage unit was approaching it's 'use by date'. This old system worked flawlessly. The new system included a 400L tank and Dux Endurance plus 26 gas booster. After spending $3200, and wanting to support a local manufacturer, we now completely regret ever replacing the Vulcan unit and secondly, choosing Dux. We have had 2 major problems within 6 years. The first problem occurred within 4 years when the solar panels failed and ha d to be replaced. Even thought the panels were still within the warranty period, we had a lot of trouble getting Dux to come to the party and replace them. Even then we had to pay the labour cost which was close to $1000. We found Dux's after sales service to be completely non existent. Now, at around the 5.5 year mark, the Endurance 26 gas booster unit has failed. As per the previous posts, the gas only ignites intermittently and because we have had overcast weather there has been little if any solar heating and therefore lukewarm showers. To top it off, we are having difficulty finding anyone who deals with Dux systems in our local area. This is astonishing as the Dux manufacturing plant is also in our area. Most of the plumbers I called said they refuse to have anything to do with Dux because they are difficult to deal with and their products are rubbish. The closest service people are 50 minutes away and want nearly $200 just for a service call. I guess I'll then be told $700 for a new PCB. I've checked water and gas pressure and made sure the water inlet filter is clean but unfortunately no issues there. Perhaps I should cut my loses and replace the unit completely with a more reliable brand. Reading previous posts it seems to me that the problem with the gas unit is fairly widespread and Dux are aware.

How does this company stay in business? My advice to anyone is not to buy anything from Dux.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Chrism, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at [email protected] with reference number PRW306, please include your 12 digit serial number.
Regards Dux After Sales.

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

Model: 20L Gas Type: Natural Gas

DUX Endurance Pro 20 (dead in under 5 years)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2016

We built our house and got DUX Endurance hot water unit installed with it through the builder in July 2011. The unit has stopped working in less than 5 years of usage. We are a household of only 2 full time working adults with very minimal to moderate usage. The product warranty covers the whole units for first 3 years and then further 7 years for something called "Heat Exchanger". One would think that the Unit & Heat Exchanger are 2 different things and the latter would be a part or component of what is regarded as the "Unit". We tried calling the so called Service center number only to get further humiliated by the sheer lack of concern from the the rep who made no attempt to understand or diagnose the issue or the fact that it may be still covered under the warranty on account of heat exchanger not working.... Instead, we were advised that the Unit and the Heat exchanger are same things. Unless my unit is "leaking water" DUX is not liable to do anything. I still cannot understand if two are the same things then why are they specifically termed separately in the warranty document. Is it not DUX duty of care to make an attempt to diagnose an issue especially when their products are folding up in first 4 or 5 years of normal usage.

Clearly the product is of dubious quality and the after sale service is a joke. The blatant lack of professionalism and concern in dealing with product related issues demonstrates the poor standards and culture. I am yet to find one positive review for DUX products online. Investing in a hot water system one would expect the product to last for a reasonable period of time (not just for first 3 years).
This is now going to the Ombudsman's office.....!

PLEASE DO NOT USE OR BUY DUX PRODUCTS....THEY WONT LAST LONG.....! IF YOU ARE BUILDING PLEASE INSIST ON USING A DIFFERENT PRODUCT....!

Purchased at: Weeks & Macklin Homes

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Saurabh, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at [email protected] with reference number PRW298, please include your 12 digit serial number. Regards Dux After Sales.

I did send you the feedback beofre writing this review. It was submitted through the DUX website feedback form. Thanks.

Received a call back from DUX and was given the same answer. The "heat exchanger" is the Unit & the Unit is the heat exchanger. On probing further the best I could get was that the heat exchanger i... read more »

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Model: 26L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Poor product and poor service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2015

I have had nothing but trouble with this unit. My plumber has said that the computer controller is faulty. He called it the PCB. He said Dux offer a ten year warranty for this sort of problem.
I called dux and they said only if the unit leaks will they replace the PCB????
It's a computer, how can it leak?

I have spoken to several Plumbers and all agree I should keep pressing Dux. So I called again and they drug their heels in.

I've since made an ombudsmen complaint and hope to have this system replaced. I'd expect it to last more than 6 years.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Ok, I posted this and later read some of the reviews. Almost every single one is in relation to the PCB. Wow, you'd think that the company would admit the problem and then do something about it. Cl... read more »

Model: 26L Gas Type: LPG

Fux

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2015

Well here's another fool who bought one. I see why it's called the endurance model as Dux continues to make this crap year after year without admitting fault. Maybe their is no fault and we are the silly ones expecting a day more of use than the warranty provides.
Hang on wait I hear the response now from Dux, just let us know the serial number and we can send our expert technician with his special priced pcb to screw you over again!

What a Let Down DUX

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2015

First time I have ever had a gas hot water system and the last for Dux. What a let down. Another PCB problem. After reading the other reviews, I now realise this system was a dud from the beginning. We never got continuous hot water. Hot, cold, warm the unit would predicted the temperature not you at the tap. The flow would vary depending on the unit! Very disappointed that Dux has not improved their product with a recall and leaving customers continually out of pocket.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Gabbi, We would like to investigate further. Please email Dux on [email protected] and give a brief description of the problem. Include your name, address and phone number so that we can conta... read more »

Died spot on 3yrs !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2015

We literally just finished our 3 yr parts and labor warranty (the 10yr only applies to heating elements or leakage apparently) and the unit is now continually playing up. Called out a professional who specialises in Dux who said the card (I assume he means PCB) needs replacing, its apparently a known problem to them with that model.. These are thing that would have been nice to know 3 years ago when we were getting it installed! Essentially now the heater doesn't ignite... sometimes it magically does for a few hours and then dies again...

Apparently the pcb card is worth more than half of a new product purchase (almost $500 is what we got quoted from a Dux dealer)! So now I've already paid $88 once for someone come out now I have to pay the same again for him to come out with a card. This means I'm running up a $700 bill for a PCB change and for a little over $1k I could have a brand new unit of any brand of my choice. I have read so many terrible reviews about this model that I can't believe as a company they stand by this kit and didn't have the courage to have a product alert sent out to known customers offering a resolution prior to a problem occurring. Especially as mine was provisioned by a project home builder all they had to do is ask the builder which properties they have installed this into.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi, We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to investigate this issue further, please email us at [email protected] with reference number PRW269, please include your 12 digit serial number. Thanks Dux After Sales.

Model: 16L Gas Type: Natural Gas

Now we bathing in cold water in these cold days

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2015

UPDATE: After I call to the after sale service, the woman on the phone didn't interest what I want and deny immediately to fix anything, seriously Dux should improve their service call due to the attitude.
However, when I wrote an email to [email protected] explained what's happening and the lady named Sarah she seems like to understand right away what I described and what I want, and generously offered me a free inspection and free replace board part as I mentioned. This is what an after sale should be, try to understand and give a right re
solution.The plumber who came anyhow insisted to sell me his temperature control valve which cost 200-300 ish, as he claimed that is the fault of my temperature valve, not the board. I kept insisting on the board and repeatedly requested him to replace the board. After all, I paid $100 for the labour and the water heater unit is working good again. My conclusion is Dux has some serious issues with their build quality and their calling centre is really really bad, but the [email protected] team is good.

We bought a house which is built circa 2011 and everything seems perfect, HOWEVER, one day we cannot get the hot water. The system has code 11 and as I research it dues to the board error. It works occasionally and leaves the rest freeze. Common, four and a half years and this is so extremely disappointed that I have never ever experienced in my life!

1 of 3 pages