• 9 helpful votes

Model: 80S1 (80L) Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Rubbish lucky to get a year trouble free.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Finally got rid of it after 2 thermostats and repairs that cost more than the unit. Unbelievable rubbish and should not be allowed to be sold due to quality problems. I replaced like with like the old unit lasted 10 years and one anode. The last one 13 months and needed a new thermostat. Replaced again 5 months later. I took thermostat out of original unit and got nearly two more years. No customer service at all.

Manly West

Model: 400S2 (400L, Twin) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Avoid DUX at all cost.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I am an Electrical Contractor, I purchased this product 13 months ago because it is Australian made. I plead with all potential customers run a mile if someone attempts to sell you a DUX. I'm sorry to say but they are rubbish the thermostats that control the heater element and therefore the water temp will brake seconds after the 12 month warranty on electrical parts expires which means you will have no hot water or 100 degree c. For your kids sake avoid at all costs.

BTW shame on Bunnings for promoting this product.

Regards

Michael Limbach
QLD Electrical contractors Lic 80256

Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Absolute rubbish product!! Avoid at all costs!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

I'm absolutely disgusted with the Dux heater we bought 2 years ago at Bunnings. I just rang Dux and was told warranty was only one year.. and 7 years on the tank. Ours is totally dead it would seem.. Amazing our cost several hundred plus hefty install charges.. and after 2 years it's busted..

Our last heater went for 20 years without a drama..

Never again Dux!

• 5 helpful votes

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2014

Rubbish... Beware last 2.5 years. Don't believe the 7 year warranty. They won't even acknowledge 1!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Purchased a dux 250L electric. After 2 years the top of the cylinder started to warp. The unit is leaking slightly and second call out to a plumber advising me that it is rusting. My plumber recommended me never to buy a DUX and as per this review site you can see why. He advised only to install Bosch or Rheem. You may save a few hundred buying Dux but is it truly worth it if it only lasts 3 years as opposed to 10?!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Stay away from this junk product...pilot won't stay on..hundreds of dollars later to have a system repaired that's only 18months. Customer service is terrible, no consideration or effort to help out.

Had a Rheem system that lasted over 20 years

Save yourself the hassle & but something like a Rheem or Bosch !

Purchased at: eBay

• 5 helpful votes

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Jun 2009

Leaking tank

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

Have 315L unit installed 8 years ago. It is now leaking badly and was about to replace with same unit as I thought it would be simple. After reading the reviews listed on site I have decided to use another hot water system. Thanks for the heads up people as it is important to get the real story. As a matter of fact the 315 Rheem is $75.00 cheaper!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 2 answers

Model: 135D5N Date Purchased: Sep 2016

So Dissapointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

We bought Prodigy 5 135D5N in September 2016 and the pilot light just won't stay on. It goes out every 2-3 days and I have to restart it manually. After spending almost $2000 and being charged for the installation twice I'm so angry. Called service people they promised to call me back but never did .. I mean its still under warranty I don't understand why they won't help me

Model: 50W1 (50L) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Absolute rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

4 dud units in a row. The most recent almost lasted a month before the element failed..3 weeks later the cylinder had failed. None covered under warranty as the unit was a replacement under partial warranty for failure no. 3.which had failed after 2 and a bit years. As had the previous 2 units.
Dux customer service doesn't exist.
Consumer protection were equally useless.
At least we now have a Rheem.

• 6 helpful votes

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Jan 2011

Never Get Dux

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I found a lot of people with the exact same problem. Pilot light will not stay on.
It clearly must be a manufactures fault if that many people are having the same problem. But to get that fixed it costs you over $500 and this unit was only 5 years old. EVER GET DUX!!!!

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Dux Pro Flo Electic hotwater

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2016

I have now had my hot water system replace about 3 months ago, it was great 14 years of good service , now I have had a Dux Pro Flo 315 litre installed (the old one was a 400 litre one) , all seems ok but with the NSW laws about kids getting burnt we had to have a special valve fitted to make it legal , but and a big but you lose your flow.
The system its self works fine, I didn't notice any savings with a smaller wattage unit which is a bit unfortunate.
Service was great the installers from DUX came at the right time and had the job finished in no time , when I called them up about the lower flow rate and they said it is a common complaint but they have to fit the valve or else they couldn't sing the system off as installed.
I rang a couple of plumbers and they said yes it does happen , but check your taps also they can be a problem.

Mundaring

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2013

2nd one. Lasted 3..5 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

This is the second Dux I have had installed inside of 8 years. First one died after 4 years This one lasted 3.5 years. They just stop working. One day the water is hot the next it's all gone I will not be buying another Dux, they should probably rename it to Dud. Plumber said it all, "install a Rheem"

Model: 135D5N Date Purchased: Sep 2012

I wouldn't recommend buying a Dux HWS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

I had a Dux HWS installed in 2012 which has recently stopped heating the water on a number of occasions. After paying over $100 for if to be fixed three times and the plumber not being able to pinpoint the fault, I think it's time to cut my losses and invest in a new HWS, I will not be choosing a Dux this time. The service department were of no help, pointing out that the warranty only lasts for 1 year.

Verified Purchase Model: 315F148G Date Purchased: Aug 2007

Expected more

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

The last Dux made it to almost 10 years, got told it rusted because the anode has never been replaced. Bought another one 9 years ago, changed anode twice and it's still rusted out. Not a quality product for the price. I would have though if someone makes water tanks for so long they would have sorted the rust part out.

Model: 50W136 Date Purchased: Dec 2014

Frustration with leaking & corrosion of the 50L model

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2016

We live in the inner West of Sydney, and as with other reviewer, we had the same problem- after being in operation for less than 2 years, we noticed early one morning that the 50L electric heater suddenly began leaking badly, which we traced to water coming from under the plastic cap in the centre of the top covering access to the sacrificial anode. On priding off this PVC (?) cap, we found a transparent plastics lining/membrane bulging with hot water and brown rusty corrosion evident on the brass plug that held the sacrificial anode by its braided steel core. We phoned the DUX emergency number and the DUX operator arranged for a plumber to come and inspect it that day. He arrived 2 hours later, and after conducting his check, he declared that the tank itself had failed and formally notified DUX. DUX then agreed to replace the unit which we picked up from one of their outlets 2 days later. DUX did not want the faulty heater returned, so, after the installation of the new tank, we took the old one apart and were horrified to find thick rusty gunk & particles filling the hollows of the brass plugs that sealed the unused portholes, especially the one in the spare socket for the pressure valve as well as around the pressure release valve unit that was installed. When we unscrewed and pulled out the anode (which was surprisingly easy if you have a 27mm socket or tube spanner), we found it to be covered with a dirty brown film as well as showing partial corrosion (which was expected) with the highest amount of corrosion at the brass plug end of the rod. We cannot understand why there was so much iron rust gunk/particles evident in the unit if most of the sacrificial anode was still intact. If the sacrificial anode (probably aluminum) was working and supposedly sacrificing itself, why was there so much evidence of the ferrous tank corroding- even on the exterior of the tank (DUX please answer)? Hope the new one works better and lasts longer or we will be dumping and discouraging people from the brand. Meantime, we have removed the heater element and thermostat board from the old tank and keep them as spare parts for any appropriate future failure.

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Feb 2015

Never again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

Only purchased this horrible hot water system 18 months ago and have had a problem with the valve twice already! Water leaks non stop. Went to Bunnings where we bought it from and the said to bring the valve before they could give a new one and today when went back there again with the valve the person I spoke to said that there's no replacement and to call dux and try come out and replace and fit it for free. So Called dux and they said that the 7 year warranty does not cover it and it's only one year for the valve. what a waste of money! paid all that money for something that has giving us headache twice already in the 18 months we've had it. No help at all!

Model: 315S2 (315L, Twin) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

You'd be an idiot to go through Dux

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

Built this house 3 years ago and the second hot water tank just carked it! Diverted valves on both systems faulty and replaced at the cost of $480 (not incl. call out fee of $90) only for the whole system to die within months afterward. Dix absolutely no help- hello fair trading!

Timbuktoo

Model: 25W1 (25L) Date Purchased: May 2014

Don't buy a Dux

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Terrible product. Lasted just over 2 years before water started pouring out of the casing into my cupboard. Service centre said it was probably a cracked hot water cylinder. If the service centre found that it was a cracked cylinder, then the replacement cylinder would be provided under waranty. However, labour was not covered under warranty. Labour would cost $300. A new unit costs $380 at Bunnings. Decided to throw it in the rubbish where it belongs.
Rubbish product, rubbish warranty.

Model: 50W1 (50L) Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Dux 50l hot water unit 1.5 years old

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2016

I would recommend to stay clear of the Dux Hot water systems, I purchased a 50l one 1.5 years ago and it started leaking from the bottom of the unit.

Dealing with the service department to get a replacement heater was like pulling teeth and the level of service that they provide is very poor.

I asked to be put through to the service manager and was given the runaround I would never do busness with this company again.

• 3 helpful votes

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2009

the plumber told me - dont buy Dux.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2016

My system with a 5 year warranty failed inside 6 years. Leaking tank. It's cost me a couple of hundred to find that out. I call Dux service and it's too bad as its out of the warranty period. For the cost of this HWS you would think it might last more than 6 years. You would also think that Dux might actually do something to create a positive reaction from their many disgruntled clients. How about 'Sorry to hear that sir. Dux will sell you a new one at wholesale price.' I might then not say....don't buy Dux. The plumber said buy a Rheem mate because he see's broken down Dux heaters all the time. Say no more.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: 250S1 (250L)

Pressure and Temperature Relief Valve Problem

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2016

Brought the dux proflo 250S1 model on 22 July 2014 and installed. Today on 10 July 2016. Pressure and Temperature Relief Valve Problem broken down for no apparent reason. I only found out the water have been leaking. God knows how long it has been leaking. What a rubbish hot water tank. Broken valve in less than 2 years after installed.

1 of 4 pages