Model: 125T1 (125L) Date Purchased: Jan 2019

Dux 125l hot water system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Recently had a Dux 125l unit installed in a rental property. I was very pleased with the first one so decided to go with the same unit. The price was considerably lower than a plumber's quote.
It was installed within 2 days of my phoning. The staff could not have been more helpful. They phoned to make sure everything was to my satisfaction before accepting payment. I highly recommend Bunnings .

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Raine,

Model: 400T1 (400L) Date Purchased: Jan 2019

Dux 400L 3.6kw Proflo - Hot Water Heaven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Got a 400L via the Bunnings compete service. Excellent unit, plenty of hot water. Does 5 adults easily. No complaints.Looks good. Great price. Installed professionally. Was all done in a timely manner. We would highly recommend the Dux hot water unit and the Bunnings service and the plumber who installed the unit.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Bri,

Geelong

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 315T2 (315L Twin) Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Installation new electric hot water system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

Our existing Dux unit was approx 20 yrs old and only working on 1 element. We wanted to replace with same unit given longevity of previous unit.I had a quote from a plumber to replace our HWS Total cost: $2,519.00 + $60 for quote, $60 deducted if we went with them for the job.Called Bunnings $1815 to replace and install.Cannot fault customer service would highly recommend purchasing and installation of Dux HWS through Bunnings. We are happy with our choice no issues at all and endless hot water again.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Kerrie,

Thank you for your positive feedback - much appreciated!

Model: 400T2 (400L Twin) Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Dux 400L 3.6kw Proflo, Great product which I highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Since this was installed we have hotter water than before which costs us less . No issues at all. Has been in for 4 weeks now. Copes easily with four adults showering in the mornings. Easier with the Bunnings service, they arrange the installer, we called 4 plumbers with no luck before we went to the store to arrange the installation and choice of unit. They helped with choosing the unit.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Chris,

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Model: 250T1 (250L) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Great value Aussie made water heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

You know you're getting old when you leave reviews about hot water systems. But, here I am today....

Needing a fairly urgent replacement of our burst hot water service, we arranged a replacement through Bunnings who said they could arrange it, or I could call up Dux and deal direct with their special phone number, which I did.

The process could not have been easier, one phone call and the Dux Team arranged it with a local plumbing company (who were equally as awesome and professional). Dux/Bunnings clearly partner with reputable local plumbing companies - the one who installed have been in business since the 1960's.

There's not much to say about the heater, it does it's job perfectly. it sits there, gives me hot water and doesn't make a sound.

For an Australian made system, the price is great value for money, and I love keeping my fellow Aussies in a job. We should all support Australian manufacturing!

My review, in addition to the heater itself, is also about the ease in which the Dux Team made my life simple to replace my hot water system. One phone call is all it took.

I highly recommend them.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi SJ73,

Model: 250T1 (250L) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Great System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2018

We had to replace our hot water system to Dux. We purchased from Bunnings who delivered, arranged the installation and removed the old system. Installation team worked professionally and clean. No issue with Hot Water system. Thank you for the good service and the team work. This is highly Recommended

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Terry,

Model: 315T1 (315L) Date Purchased: Sep 2018

25 years out of my 315 ltr. Storage Dux water heater is excellent , was still working but leaking o

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

315 litre storage water heater will cope with most daily use for a family , but during times of holidays when up to 11 people would stay in my home A booster switch on the power board would reheat the water during the day if required . Highly recommend Dux my last water heater lasted 24 years so I had no hesitation getting another one.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Bob,

Model: 125T1 (125L) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

This is the best hot water system I have ever used. Technicians did a wonderful installation job for me. They were competent and efficient.
The hot water heater I purchased this time is actually the second Dux Proflo I have. The previous one worked for more than ten years. It was amazingly reliable.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Henry,

Verified Purchase Model: 250T1 (250L) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

top product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

this product is one of the best/ have had 2 hot water systems in 23 years / beat that for a electric storage system
i will always trust dux for there service and advice they rang back when they said they would not like other companies who never ring you back

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Ron,

Model: 250T1 (250L) Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Proflo name says it all

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Just recently had hot water heater replaced. Previous Dux unit was solar installed before buying property 9 years ago. However anti burst valves failed on very frosty cold morning. So now Dux electric installed. Service and installation very prompt and professional. So far so good. Hopefully it will last longer than the old unit.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Bob,

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Very POOR Quality..Parts not under warranty after 12 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Since 2001 we have had 3 of these HOT WATER SYSTEMS installed & serviced..... First one need 2 Thermostats and 1 Element fitted within 5 years...NOT under warranty !.... Second Unit installed in 2006 also had 2 Thermostats and 2 elements fitted in 10 years, again NOT under warranty ! ... Current Unit (DUX model 125S136...installed by Hall & Baum in 2016 and in 2.5 years Thermostat failed and again NOT under warranty ! ..... Cost to replace Thermostat $229.00...... No problems with supplier.... but NEVER again will buy a DUX Hot Water.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dux Official

Dear Aussie Al, We're disappointed to hear about the issues you've experienced with our 125L electric water heater. We use leading suppliers of both thermostats and elements (the exact same bran... read more »

Emailed contact details with Unit model & serial number and copy of receipts

DUX promise to resolve the situation ...... AND they did, to my complete satisfaction !!

Verified Purchase Model: 250T1 (250L) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great hot water system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Purchased from Bunnings who arranged installation and removal of the old system.
It's only been 6 months but I have no concerns it won't last at least 10 years.
Installer did a great job, cleaned up after himself and all.
Bunnings are a great company to deal with, especially the special orders department.

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Ross,

Menai NSW

• 2 answers

Model: 250T1 (250L) Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Great performing product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

this is the second unit we have purchased in 24 years with both previous units performing well beyond their rated lifespan of 10 years. the water temperature maintenance is excellent delivering hot water to the end of it's capacity. Recovery performance is also excellent. Will purchase another when the time is due ( at least 12 years from now)

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Alan,

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 250T1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2018

Perfect Product, Perfect Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

I have had no issues with water temperature and plenty of hot water no matter what the demand -
Fast prompt service provided in a polite, friendly and professional manner.
I would highly recommend the company and product. (Dux Hot water 250L).
And about the price, I got quotes from at least 6 companies for installation. They are the cheapest and the best. Go for it

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Dexter,

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Sep 2009

Lasted ages!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

We installed this Dux water heater around 9 years ago. Never had any issues. Plenty of hot water for me and my growing family. With friends that recommended us to buy a Rheem, I'm glad I bought a Dux! Probably time to change the anode and it will last me hopefully another 9 years!

Comments
Dux Official

Hi c_dej,

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Had a Dux hotwater system installed in June, excellent install by the contractor, so far so good with the unit but only time will tell if it proves to be a durable & reliable unit, so watch this space for any reported issues :). I got 11 years out of the previous Rheem system so the bar is set.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi John,

Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated!!

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: May 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have had no issues with water temperature and pkenty of hot water no matter what the demand - 3 bedroom house with one to 4 adults.
Fast prompt service provided in a polite, friendly and professional manner.
I would highly recommend the company and product.(Dux Hot water unit 165L)

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Dianna,

• 1 helpful vote

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: May 2018

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The product is working excellent from the start. No issues. The water flow and temperature don't change while in use. The most extraordinary service at installation. The person knew about the product, explained everything and was able to answer any further questions. Ordering was also well organised. I can only recommend the product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Carla,

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: May 2018

best ever service and product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

just recently had my old dux system replaced with a new one and had it installed via dux this was painless friendly and quick. I would recommend this option to anyone who listens they get rid of the old one and clean up everything is explained to you and you always feel in control bravo dux

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi George,

Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated!!

BRIGHTON

• 1 answer

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

A practical solution under the circumstances

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Was replacing a 50-litre electric heating unit in a small bathroom that had a bath taking up room between it and the outside wall. Would have prefered continuous gas water heater outside but the plumbing was going to be a nightmare as I wanted to place a washing machine in the old water heaters place with drainage pipes hidden in conduits running around the bath to an external point. In the end, we opted for the 165-litre electric unit with night tariff timer switch and place the front loader on a platform above it with drainage to the bath. This cost $1750 for the water heater installation and $650 for the heavy duty platform and cabinet and $200 for electrical work. The continuous gas system would have cost $5000 due to the double brick wall, drainage conduits, extended gas supply pipes, extra water supply pipes wall tile repairs, external finishing and other possible complications. The night tariff switch enabling manual if required is imperative

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your positive feedback and for supporting Australian manufacturing.

1 of 6 pages