Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Less than five years old and the tank has failed. Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Really dissatisfied....less than five years out of a hot water service! What a joke! Surely in this day and age we can get more this out of a hot water service? I don’t think that is too much to ask! Talk about a throw away society! This is just ridiculous!

Model: 400S1 (400L) Date Purchased: Aug 2007

Excellent service life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Have just replaced element after 11 years. Tank still seems ok, should see another year or two. I’ve seen a number of reviews bagging Dux here. My experience is the opposite having only got 3 to 5 years out of other brands previously used but a very long life out of Dux. I’ve also seen at least a couple of reviews complaining about faulty relief or other valves. News flash to those people - blame whoever installed the system. External components do not come with the product so your plumber probably just used the valves, piping and pressure regulator from your old hot water service.

• 56 helpful votes

Model: 170FNB Date Purchased: Mar 2003

I wish I can find something just as strong.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

170FNB water system was installed by previous owners. Today the system collapsed, no hot water, when I checked the tanks there was water everywhere around it, obviously a leak.
Now, I bought the house in 2008. I never carried any maintenance as I didn't know I had to, except activating the valve every now and then. This model was manufactured in 2003, that's 15 years of good services and no problems, including 10 years with no maintenance. How about that?...

Broughton Village

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Mar 2006

Had a good innings

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Our 315L has just burst, spurting water through a small rupture at the top edge of the tank. This was installed by the previous owners 2006. There is no record of maintenance by previous owners and we have done nil over the past 5 years, being ignorant of the need to replace the anode every 4-5 years. This system has given us no problems in the 5 years we have been using it. I would say it has had a reasonable life of 12 years and now requires replacing. May have had a more extended life if maintenance had been performed.

Adelaide

• 16 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: May 2018

Could have been worse !

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Dux Pro Flo 160 litre in a rental property. Replaced the thermostat and heating element 2 years ago. Now the tank appears to have leaked. Lasted just over 8 years, but have read that I should have replaced the sacrificial anode after 4 or 5 years. So just bought another one since I now have 2 spare parts. I'll replace the anode on this one and see if it lasts longer. Fingers crossed.

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Reliable Hot Water

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Purchased this model after my old Dux 160L system failed after 20 years of reliable service. I went for the same brand due to the longevity of the old model. Its now been running for 6 months without a problem and my hotter bill is a little lower probably due to the efficiency of this newer model.

No complaints and would recommend it. It's suitable for a household of 4 people without the hot water running out.

The best price was from Bunnings who also arranged for an installer. It was delivered and installed the morning after I ordered it

Model: 50W1 (50L) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Freaking trash - run away from this nasty Dux brand

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Bought this a year and a half ago. Had a years warranty and now it’s gone.

It’s rediculous. Spent 500 dollars on this piece of crap.

Was highly recommended too. I’d rather spend more to get a much better quality heater.

Dux knows that their products fail after a year. Hey are a scam, what a shoddy company.

Fair Trading has to look into this.

How can a company like this even exist.

Shame on Dux!

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

Supplied and installed a damaged tank. Emptied old one on my lawn. Which killed the grass. Did replaced the tank but accused me of lying about the lawn. Even after showing them photo's. They still say I'm lying. Wasn't after financial compensation. Just wanted lawn repaired. God help anyone who has a major problem with this company.

Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Absolute rubbish very unhelpful staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Both relief valves failed one month out of warranty and the thermostat failed three months out of warranty and dux would not even consider helping with the cost of replacing the faulty items, also called the bunnings store from where I purchased it to see if they could maybe put some pressure on dux considering they sell the product but they were of no assistance either, shame on dux for a poor product and shame on bunnings for selling it

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2015

Absolutely would never recommend DUX.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Our hot water cylinder lasted just over 24 months before it began to leak from the base. Dux agreed to replace it but the warranty DOES NOT cover installation. I am on a pension and felt very ripped off being forced to pay over $343 just after Christmas to install the replacement. It is the DUX product that is faulty so they should pay replacement installation. I already paid to install it the first time and expected to get a lot longer than 30 months from it. Shouldn't be able to continue such a poor product or, if they do, DUX should cover replacement installation. Won't ever buy DUX again.

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Leaking relief valve

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

Electricity bill went up by $700! Found relief valve had gone again. Unit is only 16 months old and this is the second one I have replaced. Last time I installed a new inlet pressure reducing valve as well as we have high water pressure in my area. Reading other reviews I take it that there is a design issue with this model. Merry Christmas

• 10 helpful votes

Model: 80S1 (80L) Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Rubbish lucky to get a year trouble free.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Finally got rid of it after 2 thermostats and repairs that cost more than the unit. Unbelievable rubbish and should not be allowed to be sold due to quality problems. I replaced like with like the old unit lasted 10 years and one anode. The last one 13 months and needed a new thermostat. Replaced again 5 months later. I took thermostat out of original unit and got nearly two more years. No customer service at all.

Manly West

Model: 400S2 (400L, Twin) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Avoid DUX at all cost.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

I am an Electrical Contractor, I purchased this product 13 months ago because it is Australian made. I plead with all potential customers run a mile if someone attempts to sell you a DUX. I'm sorry to say but they are rubbish the thermostats that control the heater element and therefore the water temp will brake seconds after the 12 month warranty on electrical parts expires which means you will have no hot water or 100 degree c. For your kids sake avoid at all costs.

BTW shame on Bunnings for promoting this product.

Regards

Michael Limbach
QLD Electrical contractors Lic 80256

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Absolute rubbish product!! Avoid at all costs!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

I'm absolutely disgusted with the Dux heater we bought 2 years ago at Bunnings. I just rang Dux and was told warranty was only one year.. and 7 years on the tank. Ours is totally dead it would seem.. Amazing our cost several hundred plus hefty install charges.. and after 2 years it's busted..

Our last heater went for 20 years without a drama..

Never again Dux!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2014

Rubbish... Beware last 2.5 years. Don't believe the 7 year warranty. They won't even acknowledge 1!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Purchased a dux 250L electric. After 2 years the top of the cylinder started to warp. The unit is leaking slightly and second call out to a plumber advising me that it is rusting. My plumber recommended me never to buy a DUX and as per this review site you can see why. He advised only to install Bosch or Rheem. You may save a few hundred buying Dux but is it truly worth it if it only lasts 3 years as opposed to 10?!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Stay away from this junk product...pilot won't stay on..hundreds of dollars later to have a system repaired that's only 18months. Customer service is terrible, no consideration or effort to help out.

Had a Rheem system that lasted over 20 years

Save yourself the hassle & but something like a Rheem or Bosch !

Purchased at: eBay

• 6 helpful votes

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Jun 2009

Leaking tank

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

Have 315L unit installed 8 years ago. It is now leaking badly and was about to replace with same unit as I thought it would be simple. After reading the reviews listed on site I have decided to use another hot water system. Thanks for the heads up people as it is important to get the real story. As a matter of fact the 315 Rheem is $75.00 cheaper!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: 50W1 (50L) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Absolute rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

4 dud units in a row. The most recent almost lasted a month before the element failed..3 weeks later the cylinder had failed. None covered under warranty as the unit was a replacement under partial warranty for failure no. 3.which had failed after 2 and a bit years. As had the previous 2 units.
Dux customer service doesn't exist.
Consumer protection were equally useless.
At least we now have a Rheem.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Jan 2011

Never Get Dux

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I found a lot of people with the exact same problem. Pilot light will not stay on.
It clearly must be a manufactures fault if that many people are having the same problem. But to get that fixed it costs you over $500 and this unit was only 5 years old. EVER GET DUX!!!!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Dux Pro Flo Electic hotwater

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2016

I have now had my hot water system replace about 3 months ago, it was great 14 years of good service , now I have had a Dux Pro Flo 315 litre installed (the old one was a 400 litre one) , all seems ok but with the NSW laws about kids getting burnt we had to have a special valve fitted to make it legal , but and a big but you lose your flow.
The system its self works fine, I didn't notice any savings with a smaller wattage unit which is a bit unfortunate.
Service was great the installers from DUX came at the right time and had the job finished in no time , when I called them up about the lower flow rate and they said it is a common complaint but they have to fit the valve or else they couldn't sing the system off as installed.
I rang a couple of plumbers and they said yes it does happen , but check your taps also they can be a problem.

1 of 4 pages