Models:

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Jun 2018

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Had a Dux hotwater system installed in June, excellent install by the contractor, so far so good with the unit but only time will tell if it proves to be a durable & reliable unit, so watch this space for any reported issues :). I got 11 years out of the previous Rheem system so the bar is set.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi John,

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: May 2018

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I have had no issues with water temperature and pkenty of hot water no matter what the demand - 3 bedroom house with one to 4 adults.
Fast prompt service provided in a polite, friendly and professional manner.
I would highly recommend the company and product.(Dux Hot water unit 165L)

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Dianna,

Thanks for your positive feedback - much appreciated!!

• 1 question

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: May 2018

Very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

The product is working excellent from the start. No issues. The water flow and temperature don't change while in use. The most extraordinary service at installation. The person knew about the product, explained everything and was able to answer any further questions. Ordering was also well organised. I can only recommend the product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Carla,

Thanks for your positive feedback - much appreciated!!

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: May 2018

best ever service and product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

just recently had my old dux system replaced with a new one and had it installed via dux this was painless friendly and quick. I would recommend this option to anyone who listens they get rid of the old one and clean up everything is explained to you and you always feel in control bravo dux

Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Comments
Dux Official

Hi George,

BRIGHTON

• 1 answer

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

A practical solution under the circumstances

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Was replacing a 50-litre electric heating unit in a small bathroom that had a bath taking up room between it and the outside wall. Would have prefered continuous gas water heater outside but the plumbing was going to be a nightmare as I wanted to place a washing machine in the old water heaters place with drainage pipes hidden in conduits running around the bath to an external point. In the end, we opted for the 165-litre electric unit with night tariff timer switch and place the front loader on a platform above it with drainage to the bath. This cost $1750 for the water heater installation and $650 for the heavy duty platform and cabinet and $200 for electrical work. The continuous gas system would have cost $5000 due to the double brick wall, drainage conduits, extended gas supply pipes, extra water supply pipes wall tile repairs, external finishing and other possible complications. The night tariff switch enabling manual if required is imperative

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your positive feedback and for supporting Australian manufacturing.

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Feb 2011

Never had any issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We have a 5 bedroom house (2 full bathroom & laundry) and have never had any issues with having enough hot water - no mean feat with 3 little kids! My Proflo has worked well for the last 7 years, and still going strong.
Its great to still be able to buy an Australian Made product.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Tamiee_d,

Perth

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Jan 2012

Excellent warranty experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

My Dux proflo 125 Litre HWS developed a hole in the tank after less than 6 years use. Warranty was fast and efficient, with the only downside being the expense. $249.00 to replace the unit (They do NOT cover labour and it was Less than two hours work). The new unit that replaced the faulty one has a LONGER tank warranty. I do not know, BUT, it does suggest they have improved their product, otherwise they have "shot themselves in the foot" Hope this helps someone.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Mal,

The Dux Team

You earned it... Oh and Adam, the installer, pleasant guy & neat worker, only downside here is old system is left for owner, to dispose of...

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 22 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Aug 2004

14yrs No Drama

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

A family of 5,3 kid's over 10,Bought this system 14yrs ago in August when our daughter was born,It has begun to leak now but never had a problem with this,I recommend,My brother in-law bought an Ants pants system mae from Germany worth over 8 thousand dollars but no'one knows how to install it,DUX is a fine product.

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Krusty,

The Dux Team

A good price on a new 322ltr Dux System would be great,I need to replace it very shortly,Cheer's,Krusty.

Dux Official

Hi Krusty, Unfortunately, we don't sell direct to the public. If you are looking for another reliable 315 litre water heater, we suggest you check out out our 315T1 model. This has recently ... read more »

Perth

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Bunnings should not sell inferior products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Purchased a DUX the thermocouple keeps failing, had to have repaired multiple times. I have asked the plumber to change to a Bosch, had a Bosch in the old house that had lasted 10 years and still going strong.
I have also written letters to Bunnings to stop selling inferior products because it makes them look bad as well.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dux Official

Hi Darren, We're sorry to hear about your product experience. We understand this would be frustrating. As a committed local manufacturing business with a 100 year heritage, we take product quali... read more »

Hi Darren,

Thanks for sending through your details.

A job has been raised in our service system and we are confident this will resolve the issue.

We're pleased to hear you were satisfied with this outcome.

Best regards,

Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Attention! Never buy Dux product.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2018

i bought Dux hot water system after 2 years it did not work probably, keep turn off all the time. A gain, after 3 and a haft year from today, the foam is burned and Dux service refused to investigated. Poor product, poor service. i would recommend every one stay a way Dux production. i believe Dux will not last long because they do not have knowledge to run the business. very bad design and just want to get the money and run away from some one dont know this product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dux Official

Hi chi, We are sorry to hear your experience and our customer service team will respond asap. In the meantime can you please email your mobile and email address to help@dux.com.au so we can talk th... read more »

Port Augusta

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Less than five years old and the tank has failed. Not happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Really dissatisfied....less than five years out of a hot water service! What a joke! Surely in this day and age we can get more this out of a hot water service? I don’t think that is too much to ask! Talk about a throw away society! This is just ridiculous!

Model: 400S1 (400L) Date Purchased: Aug 2007

Excellent service life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Have just replaced element after 11 years. Tank still seems ok, should see another year or two. I’ve seen a number of reviews bagging Dux here. My experience is the opposite having only got 3 to 5 years out of other brands previously used but a very long life out of Dux. I’ve also seen at least a couple of reviews complaining about faulty relief or other valves. News flash to those people - blame whoever installed the system. External components do not come with the product so your plumber probably just used the valves, piping and pressure regulator from your old hot water service.

• 56 helpful votes

Model: 170FNB Date Purchased: Mar 2003

I wish I can find something just as strong.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

170FNB water system was installed by previous owners. Today the system collapsed, no hot water, when I checked the tanks there was water everywhere around it, obviously a leak.
Now, I bought the house in 2008. I never carried any maintenance as I didn't know I had to, except activating the valve every now and then. This model was manufactured in 2003, that's 15 years of good services and no problems, including 10 years with no maintenance. How about that?...

Broughton Village

• 2 answers

Model: 315S1 (315L) Date Purchased: Mar 2006

Had a good innings

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2018

Our 315L has just burst, spurting water through a small rupture at the top edge of the tank. This was installed by the previous owners 2006. There is no record of maintenance by previous owners and we have done nil over the past 5 years, being ignorant of the need to replace the anode every 4-5 years. This system has given us no problems in the 5 years we have been using it. I would say it has had a reasonable life of 12 years and now requires replacing. May have had a more extended life if maintenance had been performed.

Adelaide

• 16 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: May 2018

Could have been worse !

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Dux Pro Flo 160 litre in a rental property. Replaced the thermostat and heating element 2 years ago. Now the tank appears to have leaked. Lasted just over 8 years, but have read that I should have replaced the sacrificial anode after 4 or 5 years. So just bought another one since I now have 2 spare parts. I'll replace the anode on this one and see if it lasts longer. Fingers crossed.

Brisbane

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: 160S1 (165L) Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Reliable Hot Water

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Purchased this model after my old Dux 160L system failed after 20 years of reliable service. I went for the same brand due to the longevity of the old model. Its now been running for 6 months without a problem and my hotter bill is a little lower probably due to the efficiency of this newer model.

No complaints and would recommend it. It's suitable for a household of 4 people without the hot water running out.

The best price was from Bunnings who also arranged for an installer. It was delivered and installed the morning after I ordered it

Model: 50W1 (50L) Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Freaking trash - run away from this nasty Dux brand

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2018

Bought this a year and a half ago. Had a years warranty and now it’s gone.

It’s rediculous. Spent 500 dollars on this piece of crap.

Was highly recommended too. I’d rather spend more to get a much better quality heater.

Dux knows that their products fail after a year. Hey are a scam, what a shoddy company.

Fair Trading has to look into this.

How can a company like this even exist.

Shame on Dux!

Brisbane

Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

Supplied and installed a damaged tank. Emptied old one on my lawn. Which killed the grass. Did replaced the tank but accused me of lying about the lawn. Even after showing them photo's. They still say I'm lying. Wasn't after financial compensation. Just wanted lawn repaired. God help anyone who has a major problem with this company.

Model: 125S1 (125L) Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Absolute rubbish very unhelpful staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Both relief valves failed one month out of warranty and the thermostat failed three months out of warranty and dux would not even consider helping with the cost of replacing the faulty items, also called the bunnings store from where I purchased it to see if they could maybe put some pressure on dux considering they sell the product but they were of no assistance either, shame on dux for a poor product and shame on bunnings for selling it

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 250S1 (250L) Date Purchased: May 2015

Absolutely would never recommend DUX.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2018

Our hot water cylinder lasted just over 24 months before it began to leak from the base. Dux agreed to replace it but the warranty DOES NOT cover installation. I am on a pension and felt very ripped off being forced to pay over $343 just after Christmas to install the replacement. It is the DUX product that is faulty so they should pay replacement installation. I already paid to install it the first time and expected to get a lot longer than 30 months from it. Shouldn't be able to continue such a poor product or, if they do, DUX should cover replacement installation. Won't ever buy DUX again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 5 pages

50W136

Can the "seal' on the base of the sysytem be replaced as water is leaking from here?

janelle asked on Oct 08, 2018

Answer this

Dear Janelle, our system has just been installed and is brand new. If a seal is faulty it most definitely is replaced under warranty. My understanding is that we have a ten-year warranty of which I am yet to test. Under consumer law this warranty could be extended depending on how long such am appliance should really last. I would immediately contact DUX by phone and or email with a Mobile photo if possible and get them to replace the seal under warranty it should not be leaking. If the seal cannot be simply replaced then DUX should replace the system.

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for your question.

Please contact our After Sales & Service on 1300 365 115 Option 2 with the serial no. of the unit and to arange a service call.

A leak at the base could possibly indicate an issue, one of our Service Agents would need to attend to inspect.

The 50W136 has a 7-year tank leakage warranty.

Thanks,

160S1 (165L)

Just had a dux 160 proflo installed and can only get 1 shower and water goes cold what can be causing this?

Ellen asked on Sep 28, 2018

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for your question, our Product Specialist team will get back to you shortly.

The Dux Team

Need to know if this is electric or gas,Mine is 315 ltr electric for 5 people household and never had a problem.Did you allow enough time to fully heat up?Cheer's Krusty.

50W1 (50L)

I'm trying to set a timer on my 50w1 to utilise my solar panels . It is currently set from 4am to 9am and 4pm to 9pm and there is plenty of hot water. But from 4am to 6am there is no sun and 7pm to 9pm there is no sun so these 4hours are on grid 3.6 kwh x 28 cents per day. I'm thinking of changing it to 5am to 9am dropping 1 on grid hour and 2pm to 9pm gaining 2 solar hours. How long should the water stay hot if not used?

Martin H asked on Sep 07, 2018

Hi Martin,

Hi Martin,

50L heaters by their design (same for all manufacturers) are not as energy efficient as larger heaters such as 250L and above. A lot of external factors will come into how long the water stays hot in the heater, from the ambient climate to pipe insulation, etc, etc.

We cannot advise on the blend of PV input vs on-grid supply.

From cold to hot, the unit draws 15A/hr and reheats in approximately 50 minutes.

A solar PV electrical engineer might be able to advise further.

The Dux Team

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these models is heating & cooling capacity, efficiency rating