Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Love my Dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have both Carpet and tiles I my home and I use th Dyson for both! The power Is incredible and the suction time is perfect for me to do the whole house! The bigger bin is also great! It is so easy to get out the Dyson when you need to do any kind of vacuum! As soon as I got my Dyson I threw out my corded vac!

Tamworth

Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: May 2018

Another Gadget.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

When my wife suggested we buy a cordless vacuum cleaner I thought, "here we go, another gadget to stash somewhere". Well, six months on, and I love it, definitely the most useful gadget to come through the front door.
The V10 is more powerful than our standard vacuum cleaner. It's really quick to get going with it too, making the job a much shorter one. It's way easier to store and can be close at hand for small jobs.
So, I've had to admit that yes, this was an excellent addition to our gadget collection, most of which are not as useful, or work as well. I can definitely give the V10 a ten-out-of-ten.

• 1 comment
  • 12 helpful votes

Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Life Changing vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Amazing machine. So much easier than lugging around a bulky, corded machine and having to plug it in wherever you go, having the cord get stuck on things etc, not being able to reach everywhere. I actually LOVE vacuuming now! The V10 is super powerful even on the middle setting and it absolutely blows my mind how much it pulls out of my carpets and keeps pulling out every time I vacuum ... to the point that prior to owning this machine I now know I was living in a pig sty lol!

I use it both on carpets and hard floors. Can't see me ever needing to use my old clunky vacuum every again. The V10 comes with a bunch of attachments and a power head which is great for lounges and there are other bits for down the side of the fridge etc.

It is ridiculously expensive, but to me, worth every damn cent as it's just that good. I'm as close to being in love with an inanimate object as it's possible to be!! :D

Can not recommend highly enough.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

North Melbourne

Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Want Your Husband To Vacuum... !?!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Another absolutely, outstanding, Cordless, Bagless Dyson Vacuum.
Fabulous on hardwood flooring, tiles, even outdoor balcony areas...
In fact, my Husbands latest and greatest ‘new toy’ !!
He just can’t stop vacuuming .... God Bless His Soul x
Girls, buy this vacuum and you shall never ever need to vacuum again.

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Great first impression

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I’ve purchased the V10 today and decided to test it out by using my usual corded Godfrey’s Sauber model with the power head on my carpet then went over the same areas again with the Dyson V10 Absolute+.

The result was startling, using the middle sett8ng I was able to empty an amount of fine dirt and lint out of the Dyson proving that the Dyson is ABSOLUTELY a massive improvement in cleaning.

Thanks MR Dyson.

Purchased at: Costco

Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Nov 2018

This is the only vacuum cleaner you need

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

We upgraded our dyson cinetic ball to the new v10 absolute+ and now my husband actually enjoys vacuuming as well! We live in a two bedroom apartment so the battery life is more than enough. It comes with all the extra heads and even after vacuuming with the old Dyson, the v10 still picks up additional dust and crap! The best thing about it is it doesn't take as much space as the old Dysons. We love love love the new Dyson v10!

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Not designed for wooden floors

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

I bought a Dyson clone V10 animal after owning a basic cord vacuum cleaner for maybe 15 years (great suck but the wheels were breaking off). The Dyson is great to not have to pull around a cord or have to change plugs. However it is terrible for vacuuming under sofas and low tables on wooden floors. If you get down low, the angle changes of course and the head leaves 'plastic' line marks everywhere. I then have to spend the next hour on my hands and knees trying to wipe them all off. It's a huge cost but it has added more work and damaging the floors. I'm thinking of glueing a soft pad to the bottom of it so it avoids scraping the floors. What else can I do? Not happy!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Kate, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V10 machine. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect you to have from your Dyson Cyclone V10. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@d... read more »

melbourne

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Worth every dollar...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

This Vac has made my cleaning so much quicker and is a superior vacuum, will never go cheap and nasty again. Haven't had one problem, being cordless makes it so easy to run thru the whole apartment and with the attachments even cleaning the car (which I have never done at home before) is a quick task. I bought this on sale at Big W with Afterpay option and saved myself $180.00.

Purchased at: Big W

Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Sore finger and not powerful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

For the cost of this product it surprised me how disappointing it is. Having to hold the trigger down for the whole time is not only painful but annoying. I also feel after being fully charged it really isn't that powerful at sucking. Would not recommend purchasing this product. Disappointed.

Geelong

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Dyson Cyclone V10 is too hard for me to use it on full suction.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I use the cleaner on carpets and timber flooring throughout our house, but being an older person, I find I can't use it on full suction because it sucks so hard, that it makes it too heavy for me to push. I think this would not be a problem for younger people, but I believe I have wasted my $1000 because I can't use it to its potential, and I should have gone with an alternative $200 competitor.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Deb, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V10 machine. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble pushing your machine when it is on the MAX power setting. For general home cleaning, we recomme... read more »

Ceduna

• 3 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Overpriced toy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Works for about 15 min on full charge full power.

Picks up well, but who has the time to wait for a mid job battery charge?

The high pitched squealing noise of the thing makes my upright sound like music.

Emptying it is a chore due to the fiddly mechanism, and the fact that debris always goes past the part designed to contain it.

Due to the poor design of the dust container, you will find yourself cleaning the “hepa” (don’t see how this flimsy little filter is hepa rated, besides hepa being last century technology) many times...

The design of the joints is poor, I can see the stress the main joint between the housing and tube will be the first point of failure shortly down the road. The design of the opening catch makes no sense at all. If the guy who designed the first ones was in charge of this, I’d be surprised.

Don’t fall for the Dyson hype. The main floor based products were good five years ago, but the sort of thing you can get at Kmart these days does exactly the same job for a lot more change...

At the end of the day, this is a crazy way to waste money. About as much point as a robotic cleaner. If you want a toy, buy a quad copter or something and clean with a real tool.

Trust me, and save your $$$

Adelaide

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Very Dissappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I bought a Dyson V10 Absolute Plus vacuum on 2 November 2018 with a retail price of $AU999.
I live in a medium size duplex, commonly referred to as a Homette. I have three bedrooms, though size-wise it is more equivalent to two medium size bedrooms and a study.
To say that I am disappointed with the Dyson V10 Absolute Plus is an understatement. I also own a Dyson DC08TSY that I purchased in September 2005. I have had to replace a burnt-out motor on one occasion, but other than that it still works well.
I have used the new V10 to vacuum my house three times now and each time I have had to do my vacuuming in two or three shifts because the battery charge just does not last; and I only have the speed set on the second level. If I had the speed set at the top level I would only have a few minutes of power. If I want to complete my vacuuming in one ‘shift’ I need to get out my DC08TSY corded Dyson to finish the job.
The battery pack in the vacuum is sealed in place, so I can’t even swap out a rechargeable spare battery to finish the cleaning in one go. The battery does not hold a full charge over a week. I therefore need to re-charge again the day before I wish to do the vacuuming, otherwise I need to charge to battery at least twice during my vacuuming to complete the job.
As for the design of the vacuum, I find the grip-handle too narrow. Because I can’t fit my whole hand on the grip one of my fingers keeps touching the on-trigger, which when triggered, is frightening and annoying. Also, it is very easy to accidentally move the speed switch from medium to high without knowing, due to continual stop start activity, consequently running out the battery charge prematurely. Also, it is awkward trying to continually inter-change the carpet and bare floor heads, rather than just flicking a lever on my DC08TSY corded Dyson. I have pinched my finger twice already trying to fit a different head to the wand stick, forming blood blisters each time. Also, it is inconvenient trying to lay down the wand each time when moving furniture or throw rugs. With my DC08TSY corded Dyson I can just lean the wand over the vacuum barrel without having to pick it up from the floor.
James Dyson has stated that he has stopped developing corded vacuums as he sees cordless vacuums as the future. Well my response to that is: You need to develop battery power to at least three times (probably four times) the existing capacity for cordless units to be effective. To operate the vacuum continuously on full power the battery capacity would need to increase probably ten times over the current level. We are a long away from reaching that.
Would I buy a Dyson V10 Absolute Plus again. Definitely not. It is a thousand dollar vacuum that does the same job as a $200 equivalent. In fact, the more I use the Dyson V10 Absolute Plus, the more frustrated I become; a waste of $1,037.75 ($999 plus $38.74shipping).

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there,

Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V10.

Please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Shan

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Excellent for picking up animal fur and dust from carpet

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Very impressed with how much dust, dirt and animal fur this Dyson picks up from carpet. The carpet is literally a different colour after it's been given the Dyson treatment! Works very well on hard surfaces like tiles as well but doesn't pick up things that contain moistures so well, such as broken pieces of mushrooms. Overall very happy with it despite the very high price tag.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Disappointing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Using this on tiled floor and carpet floors, and the charge seems to only last for less than 20 mins? then takes 3hrs to recharge... My V6 model does pretty much the same thing.... for $700 less? New model is also heavier. Have bought with Qantas FF Points, and will contact them to return it.

Purchased at: Qantas

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Tyson, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V10. I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with your machine. To confirm, The V10 has three modes of suction; Max, mode two and mode one. With the m... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Much better than the V8

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

As we all know the value for manoey proposition is a tough one but purely from a functional perspective these things are the bomb. We have three Dyson Vacuum's two cordless (V8 and V10) and a corded one, all three are excellent machines.
We have a large house with uneven flooring (slate) which we have just replaced with Vinyl planks and even with the uneven #roughterrainforcleaning the dysons did a fantastic job.
In the subject I mentioned better than the V8 and by that I mean in nearly every way but in particular the battery life and the addition of the extra power modes.
I will make mention that the soft floor roller (which did not come with the V10 Animal and is the glaring difference to the Absolute+) is the best head they make IMHO.
In the end you do get what you pay for.

Purchased at: Dyson

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Happy with Dyson

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Bought Dyson Animal V10 based on the good review from a research company. It is very good for cleaning floors, but not for removing my cats' hairs from the comforter as of course it sucks in the comforter. I would have given it a 5 were it not for that. I use it everyday and am very pleased. I called customer service recently because the V10 would only work for 5 secs, then stop. The lady in customer service was quite helpful & helped me fix the issue in 2 minutes over the phone. It was just a matter of removing the dirt from the hole in the dirt compartment. I also have 2x Dyson electric fans that I'm very happy with.

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

This is now my second Dyson the corded model is over 16 years old and still going strong but my house is teeny tiny and the cord is quite annoying.
I have two large dogs and they come in every evening for a couple of hours and the rug gets a bit messy the Dyson v10 picks up pet hair brilliantly.
I have hard wood and carpet and a rug.
The Dyson goes from one to the other no probs.
The switch to select which power you want is right there with in reach which is great if you need just a little more suction for a certain spot.
All the attachments glide on and off really smoothly you normally only need one hand to do it.
All the tools/attachments are well designed and really useful.
I go from my rug to wooden floor then grab the small foot for the lounge suite then go back to the large foot onto carpet then grab the dusting tool and all with no hassle at all.
Really easy to empty canister one little flick of a clip and a slide and your done.
Just Brilliant
Love my Dyson!!

Complete scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Spent $999 on this by far most ever spent on a vacuum. Used it first on our carpet and noticed pretty quick it seemed to be damaging it. As is taking off the actual carpet itself. Then tried on our wood floors (Tasmanian oak) and it left a smudge mark on the floor coating. Then read the fine print in the manual and there is a note saying the power heads may damage some floors and if this happens to consult our floor manufacturer. What a load of crap! There should be a clear warning on the box so that you are aware before you buy it! Would be ok for tiles but we can’t use it on our floors so I have to sell it. Totally annoyed and disappointed.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi David, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson Cyclone V10. This isn't the experience we would expect you to have from one of our machines. Please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and o... read more »

Excellent on carpet

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

We have both the V6 and V10 and I have to say the V10 is hands down the MONSTER for carpet cleaning. On tiles and floor boards though it doesn't pick up things that are moist so easily (for example, mushroom crumbs). Picks up cat hair and dust like a dream which is really important for people with allergies. The V10 also has a new trash disposable design that is super easy to use and doesn't get your hands dirty. Overall very happy with our new purchase.

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute + Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Absolute ripper!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Easy to put together more attachments then Elizabeth Taylor, and it really does the job. No cord makes easy work of stairs, the car no changing from power point to power point. The initial out lay has been worth it. Equally the customer service when I spoke to Dyson really puts the likes of Telstra and others to shame. Helpful, advice and action.

Purchased at: David Jones