The Dyson DC37C has been replaced by the newer Dyson Big Ball Origin model.

Verified Purchase Model: Origin Date Purchased: Oct 2016

great cleaning but heavy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

This machine is a great option when you need to do intensive cleaning and a long run ! -it has excellent suction power; easy to keep clean and comes with a good warranty and spare parts service. I prefer a wireless vacuum when needing to do short on the spot cleaning but for a large house and for more detailed cleaning - windows, sofa , corners etc.... great to use !!

Model: Origin Date Purchased: Apr 2017

A+

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Light and easy to move around and clean. It alwats clean the floor good and is a lot better to use were the stand up on put alot of stress in the risk when turning so the smaller vacum is a lot better and easyer to use. Glad i got it

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: Origin Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Brilliant Vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Changed over to Dyson a few years ago and i am so pleased i did, this Vacuum works brilliant and never had any issues.
4 years and still very impressed.
Hopefully will get at least a good life span from it,
Thank you Dyson engineering, your product has made a big difference to my life.

Coffs Harbour

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: May 2013

I thought I always did a thorough job when I vaccumed my carpets until I bought this Model Dyson. Yo

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Not really. If I bump it on the wall maybe. I think the bottom is heavy enough to keep it ballanced. I've had cheap ones in the past from different brands get twisted and tip over. But not my Dyson. I'm really thrilled to own one. When it's time to upgrade I'll go Dyson all the way.

perth

• 5 helpful votes

Model: Origin Date Purchased: Jan 2016

2 years 10 months - motor burned out?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Yesterday vacuum tipped over and shortly afterwards made a strange sound and the smell of an electrical fire started: no more vacuum. Called Dyson and being 10 months out of warranty, I'm up the proverbial creek; not what you expect from a $400 product. Best they could offer was a free shipping service to get it to their servicing centre but I will still be liable for any repair costs (minimum $85 labour before parts, never mind the cost of a new motor). Clever move on Dyson's part they get their dead machines back, make it economically unviable to repair and get parts they can use on other warranty/refurbishment repairs, plus they can investigate the reasons for the failure for further product development - doesn't help the consumer who forked out a premium for a product that wasn't.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments

$190 repair bill, oh and you pay for the shipping. Dyson said that there was indications the filter was damp so that would make the motor work harder so they weren't willing to cover the repair cos... read more »

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: May 2012

This is hands down the best vacuum i have ever owned. No effort required, just turn on and it works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2018

No issues with tipping over.
The only suggestion i would make is that the cord be a wee bit longer. I have had this machine for about 6 years and it still works as well as the day i purchased it.
The best thing is that i have several cats and a dog and this machine picks up hair with no problem what so ever.

Portland

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Sep 2017

A great job!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

This vac does a fabulous job in all my floors. It’s light weight, powerful and cleans beautifully. I was blown away the first time I used it to see how much better it worked than my previous vacuum cleaner. This cleaner does tip over occasionally but is easy to fix upright again.,

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great for pet hair

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

It's a light weight vacuum with a big barrel for dust collection. It's got a tile or carpet option and plenty of different attachments to use for e.g.. cleaning the car or the crevice in between cupboards. It sux... really good. I use it for pet hair on wooden floor boards and tight grain carpet. Works well for me

Perth

• 1 question

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Apr 2015

This is awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

I love this product it is by far the best item I have purchased in a long time, I am happy as and would definitely buy another dyson product again.
It still sucks like the day I brought it and that's with the kids vaccuming up anything and everything.
We'll done to dyson for sure

• 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Origin Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Great Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Had an issue it tipping over
And had motor blow up within a few months of owning but Dyson were quick to repair and post back and even extended the cord length and made sure everything was perfect.
Sucks great on tiles and also carpet
Amazing product want to buy a cordless

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Feb 2012

Great Vaccuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

This is a great vacuum! It’s got great suction, it sucks up so much dirt. It does tip over from time to time but it’s no big deal. We have been looking at a stick vacuum though, it can be a lot to lug around. But overall a great vacuum.

Townsville

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Jun 2016

love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

My vacuum has tipped over a few times when I hit the corner of walls. however as a user it is often more my fault for not watching where i lead the vacuum cleaner and getting it caught on either the cord on the corner and in steading going back moving the unit I pull on the nozzle.

Kondinin

• 1 answer

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Jun 2017

What a waste of money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I was very excited when I found myself in the position to be able to afford a ‘high end’ vacuum cleaner, which this model of the Dyson range purports to be..... The poorly designed system for emptying and reattachment of the waste collection bin is a nightmare to deal with again and again and again.... EVERY time you have to empty said bin. Almost out of sight and certainly almost out of reach this is a connection system designed to frustrate and annoy the end users. You know, US, the customers.....I am a 65 year old woman who has run a domestic cleaning business in the past so I’ve used and been exposed to many a different vacuum cleaner. It doesn’t suck up dirt etc any better than a $200 model of other brands I have used. I feel slightly used myself here, as though I’ve paid for the brand and NOT the promised performance. Save your hard earned money and look elsewhere, I wish I had.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Model: Origin Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Great vacuum but over rated

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Great vacuum and I must say I do love it but I personally think theres pretty good competition out there now for vacuum cleaners that won’t set u back as much as Dyson does.
Does tend to tip over when full and does get lots of dust / dirt built up in the filter which is kinda hard to fully clean out.

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Apr 2017

A breeze

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Brought my Dyson at big w.
Was sure I wasted my money till I tried it out. Amazing vaccines.easy to push wheels nicely round the house. sucks fabulously on all surfaces.
A little bit tricky to empty the first few times . Packs away nicely. You'll be suprised at the dirt it fi ds

Purchased at: Big W

Upper Kedron

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Dec 2012

Dyson Review

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Still working after 6 years of service. Its a bit clunky on the storage capability but i know that this vacuum will get the job done right, each and every time. The attachments are easy to snap on and off and i ended up buying an extra wood floor attachment that works well on tiles.

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Mar 2017

It’s ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

A little heavy to use on carpet tips over clogs up easy probably the worst Dyson I’ve had not a fan at all.... ...
expensive and worst birthday present my husband has ever brought me not impressed will never buy a Dyson ever again Electrolux for the win! Do not buy.

• 3 helpful votes

Model: Origin Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

This is a great vacuum, it sucks up all the really fine dust & reduces dust in the house, I only ever have to give it a once over, it holds a reasonable amount of dirt so you don't need to empty it constantly and we purchased the turbine head as well which is great for carpet area

Fern Bay

• 1 review

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Like Usain Bolt, great for a short span of time...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

We purchased this model in November 2015 after receiving strong recommendations by family/friends to invest in one. The vacuum itself worked very well for just over two years. We utilised this vacuum for carpet and polished timber in a small home about three times a week at 15 minute intervals.

The vacuum failed to turn unexpectedly in late July 2018 with no signs or cause. We had the vacuum sent to the Dyson service centre in Perth for inspection. Once inspected the staff member accused us of vacuuming moist objects and water, not the case as we wiped down the cleaner prior to dispatch. It was also subjectively added that we'd used an extension cord whilst cleaning which apparently causes the vacuums cord to extend causing damage, also not the case as we've never used an extension cord in our tiny home.

Although the warranty had ran out by just over eight months I would of thought the $190 repair bill would of been honoured however not the case. Fairly poor in my opinion for a machine valued over $500 to fail in this small 2.5 year period.

My advice, Dyson appears to have a large slice in marketing however definitely steer clear for a more reliable brand.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Model: Multi Floor Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great for multi floor

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

We have had this vacuum for about 7-8 months and it has revolutionised our cleaning experience. It is great on tiles, floorboards and carpet.
A little heavy to carry up and down stairs but it’s suction power and dust bin capacity make up for it!
It’s also relatively quiet and easy to manoeuvre around furniture!

1 of 19 pages

Multi Floor

I have received a DC37C for Christmas and want to know if it is good for picking up cat fur. If there is a better machine, what would it be?

Julz asked on Jan 09, 2019

Answer this

Hello Julz, Honestly i do not own any pets so i could not answer that, but in general i have had my for a few years now and not 1 issue, Picks everything up off the floor as it is meant to do.
I can not see why it would not pick up cat fur.

Hi Julz,

Thank you for your query.

While the floor tool for the DC37C is effective on carpets and floors, for removing pet hair, a head with rotating brushes to capture this will be more effective.

For your DC37C, a Turbine Head is available as an accessory to provide this powerful cleaning. To order, please just give us a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am -4pm EDST. At time of writing, these are available for $129.

Shan

Multi Floor

Which is better model the DC376 multi floor or the UP16 multi floor?

Cath asked on Nov 15, 2018

Hi Cath,

Thank you for your question.

It is quite hard to compare these models as one is an Upright and one is a Barrel machine. When choosing between a Barrel and Upright we always find it best to recommend to stick with what you are used to as the transition can be tricky.

Both machines are suitable for both carpets and hard floors however the UP16 comes with a spinning brush which will provide superior pickup on carpet. If you have the majority of your flooring in your home as hard floors we'd recommend the DC37C.

So we can provide you the best advice and answer your specific questions we'd recommend for you to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 directly. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm EST.

Samuel
Facebook.com/Dyson

How many filters does DC37C has and is there a reset button somewhere? Thanks

Viv asked on Oct 02, 2018

Hi Viv,

Thank you for your question.

The DC37C has two filters, a pre-motor washable filter and a post filter.

You can find instructions on washing the pre-filter on https://www.dyson.com.au/support/dc37c/dc37c-multi-floor/using-your-dyson-machine/wash-the-filters/filter-washing-video.

There is no reset button on the machine just an on/off switch.

If you requires any further information please don't hesitate to contact our helpline on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Samuel
Facebook.com/Dyson

Sorry I only just read this yes it does have two
It's an amazing vacuum.
Love my Dyson

See all 64 questions about Dyson DC37C

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Weight 5.2kg 5.2kg
Cord Length 6.5m 6.5m
Cleaner Head Musclehead Tool Dual Mode Floor Tool
Release Date Nov 2011 Nov 2011

The main difference between these models is included attachments