Adelaide

Model: V6 Animal Date Purchased: Sep 2017

So light and easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

This has replaced my full size Dyson upright. I can’t vacuum for a long period of time so the 20mins operation time is perfect. It’s great for cleaning the car the furniture and the carpets. We also take it in our caravan when we go on holidays. It cleans both hard floors and carpets well.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Coffs Harbour

Model: V6 Absolute Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Worth every dollar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Dyson vacuum cleaners are the best and are definitely worthy the money. It's so easy to use with no annoying cords or base to pull along and compact enough that they pack away with ease. Its easy to maneuver on stairs and can be used on carpet or wooded floors.

Model: V6 Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Worth the money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Dyson vacuum cleaners are definitely worthy the money. It’s easy to use with no annoying cords or base to pull along. Easy to maneuver on stairs and can be used on carpet or wooded floors. Can be easily picked up to remove unwanted mess and storage is minimal. It can be put in a cupboard or on a wall in a corner.

Model: V6 Animal Extra Date Purchased: Sep 2013

Very expensive, Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

it is very light, the performance and suction has been great, it is very handy and the battery life is good, i sue it primary on tiles and carpets, sometimes i also use it on the walls as it reaches quite high. it is not quite but easy to maneuver.

Model: V6 Slim Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

This is my very first Dyson product and it's absolutely perfect. How you'll find the vacuum really depends on your situation. I live in an apartment with tiles and floorboards so a full charge is enough for me to clean the entire place. I love that here's the option of using "max power mode" if I ever need it, although I've probably only used it twice since I got it. It's extremely convenient and light weight. I actually prefer it over my sister's Cinetic Big Ball Animal, as I found it too bulky and a hassle always having to plug it in for a small job.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Model: V6 Slim Date Purchased: Dec 2017

This is a great product and now use it for everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

The performance of this v6 slim is great. I was worried when I got it, I needed the animal one.. or should have splashed out on the V8.. but read some reviews that suggested it would fit out needs. And its simply fantastic!

We live in a two story home.. so already thats a big plus having no wires. Our home is a combination of tiles, carpet and a huge 3x4 shaggy rug and does a good job getting all the bits.

With the battery power.. I guess we no longer vacuum the whole house in one go.. but instead do rooms or areas as we go meaning we are not spending 20+ minutes using it.

Our old vaccum, which is also great and very powerful now never gets used! Also cleaning the car with this is awesome. You can remove the long neck and use it with a short head attachment.

brisbane

Model: V6 Animal Date Purchased: May 2017

Great Vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I use my Dyson every day. Great for quick clean ups after the kids much eaiser than pulling out the big cumbersome corded vacuum. Battery life is ok but you should purchase a second battery for those bit longer whole house vacuums. Highly recommend this product, would only buy a Dyson again.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Geelong

Model: V6 Absolute Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

This is a great little vacuum cleaner! I was a bit skeptical originally, but decided to give it a shot, since my wife had been bugging me to buy a small light vacuum cleaner.
You will not be disappointed, great vacuum power, very versatile, and in my wife's case, very light.

Model: V6 Cord-free Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Love my dyson

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

Quiet, light and great suction. I have quite a lot of traffic through my home plus 9 kids so it comes in handy with the spillages, stairs and just doing a quick run around the living room. I do wish it had a longer battery life but for the lightness I guess you have to sacrifice a little in some area.

• 2 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: V6 Animal Origin Date Purchased: Jan 2018

So handy, so great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

We have been lusting over a Dyson for so long, then this came on special at Big W for $349 and we jumped at it. The quality of the product is so high. Everything clips together tightly and just works. Its a little difficult getting the container off for a good clean. Holds charge long enough for us to do house on normal speed. So glad we made the decision, sick of pulling out the Miele and plugging in power and extension cords. That's been relegated to once a week duties! Well worth the money for us. The attachments are great too.

Purchased at: Big W

Model: V6 Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Excellent - Higly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

I seriously love the Dyson V6. I use it every day for a quick clean up around the house and it is really light and pleasant to use. It is fantastic on tiles as well as carpets. A great design that allows for hanging on the wall and recharging. I like this vacuum so much that I recently purchased two more for other family members. The V6 has replaced my large corded vacuum. Highly recommended.

Model: V6 Cord-free Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

This vacuum is quiet and so light to pick up and use. I bought the car care pack with it and cleaning the car is a breeze with this machine! Only downfall is the battery, but it's usually just enough for me to get everything done. Definitely recommend this vacuum.

Model: V6 Original Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Perfect product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

I would like to say that Dyson V6 is one of the best vacuum cleaner in the world. First of all, this cleaner is so powerful because of Dyson's motor but it was so quiet compared to other vacuum cleaner. Also, you will be amazed when you see the efficiency of the cleaner. You will never regret for having it!

Ballina

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: V6 Original Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Bought for my mum - now I want one!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

Bought this for my mum for her 80th Birthday in Ireland when I was visiting last October. She absolutely loves it. So much easier than dragging out a large vacuum cleaner. She said she hasn't used the old vacuum since I bought it. It is really easy to move about as it's light. The only problem for her is that she has to hold the button down for the power to work. She has arthritis and it would be better if there was a switch that allowed it to stay on. But overall it works great. It's amazing to see how much dust and dirt it collects as so powerful. I want one now :-) She has a bungalow and it will last for her to do the kitchen, hall , bedroom and lounge. Initially she had accidentally put it on max power and it didn't last which she thought was really bad given the price but once we realised what happened it lasts long enough. She's delighted with it.

ringwood north

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: V6 Cord-free Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Very good Vac

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

The unit was not what we originally were going to purchase, mainly due to price. After having it for nearly a year now the purchase was justified.
It is easy to use, lightweight and handy. I always grab this vac 1st leaving our good quality 240v unit to get forgotten.
I screwed the holder into a broom cupboard that had a power point in the bottom.
The roller head works very well on our medium carpets and on tiled floors. Using the short flat attachment I can get into places where a larger vac just couldn't.
The 'boost' feature on the end of the motor really is that. My preferred choice as I vac very quickly :)
Battery life if not overly long but it always has enough to finish the job at hand.
I suffer from tinnitus so I find the tone of the motor an issue but ear muffs fix that for me.

Model: V6 Absolute Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I don't know how I have lived so long with out this!!!
easy to use.
Light and great suction.
Great on wood floors no scratching.
being able to buy other atachments is great too
Wish is last longer before needing a recharge but bought at such a cheap price I'm not complaining to much.

Model: V6 Animal Date Purchased: Dec 2017

My Mum Loves It!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I bought this for my mum for christmas as she has some mobility issues and I didn't want her hurting herself while she does the cleaning. Since I got it for her she hasn't stopped raving about it. She doesn't have to deal with cords getting in the way or carrying a heavy vacuum up and downstairs. I even bought one for myself

Purchased at: Myer

Verified Purchase Model: V6 Slim Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Absolutely love it - makes spot vacuuming a breeze and overall, we’ve got no complaints. It’s light, transportable, easy to maneuver and quite powerful. We’ve got a mix of tiles and carpet in the house and it does the job quite well. The battery doesn’t last more than 10 mins with continual use but it’s fine for spot cleaning. It’s perfect for its intended use.

Model: V6 Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Best vacuum ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Have dogs, hard & carpet floors. Suction is amazing. Very easy to use & charge. Someone coming over? Can clean traffic areas in 5 min. Best vac I’ve ever bought.
Very easy to use. Highly recommend.
Have to use 50 words, yadda, yadda,yadda, go buy it, you won’t regret, even though it is expensive.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Model: V6 Slim Origin Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Good vac for light duties only

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

This is our second model as the 1st one died after about 4 years (well the unit does still work but the battery cuts off after few mins and you have to repress the trigger to get it moving again for another min or so). We got fed up with it (it was top range V6) so Wig W had the V6 slims on sale for $300 so we got another one to try. It works ok as light duty item, it struggle a bit on plush carpets and is not as powerful as the corded quality vac eg Neflisk . When it dies we will most likely consider a robotic vac to keep the wooden floors downstairs cleaned every day.

Purchased at: Big W

1 of 93 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

V6 Cord-free

ok this may be a silly question but i seem to be getting mixed answers when looking online. Can you use shake n vac with the cordless dyson v6? It doesn’t block the filter does it?

Tazzy asked on Feb 21, 2018

V6 Motorhead

Is there anyway to have a back up battery that can be switched out with charging stand?

Colleen M asked on Feb 21, 2018

V6 Animal

I have a v6 animal dyson with a water logged motor. If I buy the v6 will my tools fit?

Kazzy asked on Feb 21, 2018

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

V6 Absolute V6 Animal V6 Slim V6 Original V6 Cord-free V6 Motorhead V6 Fluffy V6 Slim Origin V6 Animal Origin V6 Animal Extra V6 Car+Boat Extra V6 Trigger
Price (RRP) $599 $549 $399 $599 $449 $799 $649 $399 $529 $549 $449 $249
Power 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW
Charging Time 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours
Running Time 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes
Bin Capacity 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg
Cleaner Head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Direct-drive cleaner head Soft roller cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head None (tool attachments only) Narrow Motorised cleaner head
Release Date Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015

The main difference between these models is included attachments