Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2017

SOOOOO LOVE IT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I use a regular vacuum once a week thru a relatively large home. The dyson stick I use every day to just run around the kitchen and high traffic areas - literally a 5 min job.
We have 2 dogs that shed and are inside at night- the amount of fur that the dyson picks up constantly amazes me!
exceptionally happy with the suction, its super easy and although the battery life is not long- I find it does such an awesome job in a few minutes!

Perth

• 2 answers

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Won’t go back to old school

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

This Dyson v6 vacuum cleaner makes cleaning so so so much easier, nicer, and quicker. No need to carry a heavy vacuum around, unplug, plug, unplug, plug, unplug, plug around the house, to each room again. Most useful and best purchase I’ve done in the past year. So happy with it.

Gold Coast

Model: Slim Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Dyson number 3 - still happy :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2018

We have a 2 bed unit with tiled floors and carpet in the bedrooms. This is perfect. 20 minute charge is enough for the area. Easy to use, easy to empty. There’s many reasons why these vacuums are taking over. The cordless is possibly not as powerful as the old corded type but it is perfect for our needs.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Perfect for small apartment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

Bought this Dyson V6 recently:

Pros:
Great machine easy to use, nice strong suction power. It is very light and does great work around the apartment. The Absolute has many attachments - i have not been able to use all of them but build quality is exceptional.

Cons:
Full charge only really lasts 15-20 minutes on full power. So you will still need to do a full vacuum around the house. Would've been great if they made a bigger battery or have an option to make this corded.

Boyne Island

• 1 review

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Battery issue with V6 Animal

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

HI Dyson,

I called your call centre and explained the issue with my Dyson V6 Animal which is only 8 months old. The constant flashing red light meaning the battery is history. Looking at the thread here I believe your V6 Animal has a battery issue, and considering I have been told there is a world wide shortage on V6 Animal batteries also tells me that you are experiencing major issues with the machine.

Had I known my $500 machine would've only lasted 8 months I sure as hell would not have bought it and a 1 month wait on repairs is just too long. I will be taking this up with the ACCC as I'm not happy with the outcome, I would be happy to wait a week but I'm not waiting a month (which was only an estimate).

My advice to anyone looking at one, look elsewhere until Dyson come clean about the issues they are having with this machine, it's just not good enough.

Purchased at: Big W

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about this. While we do develop, engineer and test our batteries to the same high standard as our machines, unfortunately, like any other battery, there are a small nu... read more »

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great little vacuum. Great at doing the job it was designed for HOWEVER really disappointed at Dyson

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

2years and two months and now needs new battery. WHAT!!!
The help line tells me the battery isn't part of the warranty, how come this isn't pointed out on purchase. This is top of the range price wise. Great at doing the job when it goes. I also have a big corded one which I have had for more than ten years with no issues, still going great.

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Excellent Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Very easy to use with great suction power for great cleaning. Light in weight and compact. Decent battery life (15 to 20 mins) as long we do not use high suction mode.Bought it around 6 months back and we are very happy with the purchase and I strongly recommend it.

Sydney

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great and Easy Dyson Machien

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Great machine easy to use, nice strong suction power. Very Light not very quite tho but quieter then other vaccines and the only downside is the better life wish it was longer it does my whole house and I will need to charge machine again. Only lasted 10min of use.

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Awesome! Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Our Dyson easily services our floor - 200 square meters without running out. Very impressed with the battery life and performance. Awesome power and easy to recharge and store. Simple system makes the product easy to clean and empty. Highly recommended! Such light weight and easy manuverability. Thanks Dyson .

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2018

Great suction power

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I had a dyson stick vac previously and this one is so much better. The power is unbelievable and picks up so much dirt and dust from my rugs and carpets it’s incredible. Charges quickly and lasts long enough for me to vacuum my entire house twice before recharging (although I live in a small 1 bedroom unit). I recently looked after 2 dogs and the vac picked up fine dog hair with ease.

Sunshine coast

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Worst

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

It definitely doesn’t suck up everything. I need to go over things sometimes 10 times before it lifts. I pulled out my old $50 bag vacuum from 10 years ago and it lifted what my Dyson could not within seconds. The battery life is poor. It’s impossible to clean my entire house with one battery charge as it dies and needs recharging. I also don’t understand how they claim it’s safer for you and your family not having a bag? I was able to just take out the bag and put it in the bin without dust particles and hair and who knows what else flying everywhere like a mushroom cloud like the Dyson does every time I empty it. The ads make it look simple and easy to manoeuvre. It is not. It gets caught when trying to turn the head if you’re on carpet. It’s not exactly quiet either. About the same noise level as a standard vacuum. The changeable heads are terrible and there simply isn’t enough power to clean carpets in a car or anything of that sort. I would recommend any other vacuum over this. It was a gift so I guess it’s lucky I didn’t have to pay actual money for it or else I’d be really annoyed.

Albury

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Needed new battery after vacuum time only lasted 5 minutes instead of the 21 minutes or so they claim. Took it to Harvey Norman who tested it and it went for 11 minutes still under the amount of time it's supposed to last. I doubt I'd buy another one. Also brush on smaller head i cant remove to clean like the booklet says it does.

Essendon

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great product. ..love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

Absolutely love this vacuum cleaner ,not the cheapest but worth spending the money..I use it every day and its easy to empty and clean.Love that its cordless and last quite a bit longer than expected.Dyson products are fantastic you pay for what you get snd that is Quality. GREAT PRODUCT

Australia

• 9 comments
  • 19 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: Original Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Dyson V6

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I own a floor Dyson vacuum ( which is awesome approx 6 yrs old & still going trumps ) but was never interested in the stick vacuum as i was concerned about the weight in the wrist area with these, but after seeing the great deals on the V6 i decided to give it a go when my electrolux stick vac broke down (5 yrs old mind you, so happy with that). This V6 has better suction straight up, you can see when it needs an empty & you can remove the long handle & do small jobs with the nozzle and it doesn't seem to bother my wrist all all :O I love It.... Dyson you've done it again..... Thank U

Verified Purchase Model: Slim Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Works ok... not all it’s hyped up to be.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

The performance of this vacuum cleaner is ok. It doesn’t suck up all he crumbs from under my dining table as I had hoped. But it’s handy for a quick run around. It is very light and easy to manoeuvre. I use it on hardfloors and carpet from time to time. Battery lasts ok

Purchased at: Big W

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Em, Thank you for taking the time to review your V6 machine. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your machine not picking up some crumbs. In the event these are too big to fit unde... read more »

PENSHURST

• 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Absolutely great cordless vacuum!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Got it last March part of my birthday present from husband!!! It’s really easy to maneuver and reach the difficult spots..the weight is just perfect but not too quiet still noisy but normal I guess for vacuum cleaner.

I use it everyday as it’s handy to use it especially when you have toddler with carpet floor...always vacuum straight away and the floor just spotless again!!!
What a life saver

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Trials, tribulation, then success

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

My Animal V6 is great! It has good suction, is light weight, easy to use. When I first heard that the battery didn't last more than 40 mins, I wasn't too concerned as I have a very small apartment. The only problem happened 6 months after my purchase, when the battery entirely stopped working. I contacted Dyson on the 29th of June, and first set of emails to volley back and forth was about the information that Dyson needed to replace the battery. It took until the 21st of July for me to be emailed that they did not have the battery in stock, and I quote " The battery for your machine is no longer in stock, and right now we do not know when they will be back in stock. If you'd like to wait ...". Then I was also offered an upgrade to the V8 for ONLY $300.00 more dollars. (nice attempt at upselling) With the options available I chose replacement, and was instructed to take the vacuum to UPS and send Dyson the tracking number so they could send the replacement. After this long delay (I wished it hadn't taken so long for an initial response) The rest of the replacement went well, and I am back happily vacuuming. I am a little concerned that in another 6 months if the battery were to fail again, if there will still be the ability to replace it. If it were strictly based on my Dyson vacuum alone and its quality, I would probably have given the vacuum 5 stars.The people who did the final replacement part, were actually quite good, and took better care of me. Thanks!

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Austa, Thank you for your review. If you have any further questions or if you need assistance with your machine please email us at askdyson@dysoncanada.ca or askdysonUS@dyson.com depending... read more »

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2018

The Dyson is a winner!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

I have been wanting one of these for years and finally jumped in and bought. Now I am annoying the family running around looking for opportunities to vacuum things lol. Its actually fun to use with the trigger pull on switch and VERY effective for spot clean ups. I tried doing my bedroom and that was good but the dust filled up really quick so I dont think thats how you use it. It has lots of suction and the boost is great! Happy customer - no complaints.

Whyalla

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Convenient to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Good suction and powerful. Using on carpet and tile floor. It’s ligh weight , easy to manoeuvre and convenient so condition but I haven’t used it for more than 15 mins and not sure about battery. I should have bought it earlier. it’s good picking up my hair from carpet.

Model: Original Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great household Vaccume!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

Great Vaccume with excellent battery life. Perfect for at home use with great suction. Definitely a lot quieter than other vaccumes I have bought in the past. You will find that your Dyson is a little more expensive than other brands, but is definitely worth the investment for reliable product.

1 of 112 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Absolute

Why after repeatedly following your recommended filter cleaning instructions my cleaner continues to smell, filters are cleaned monthly and floors twice weekly. Any ideas? Yours in anticipation Mrs A Smith

Scouse asked on Aug 16, 2018

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear a smell is coming from your Dyson machine.

Should any form of liquid, damp or source of pungent odour enter the machine, this may cause it to harbour a smell. We recommend carrying out the following steps which may dispel any odour.

After emptying we recommend to clean the bin as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWG-AgswpQo

With the bin off, please also wipe the red cyclone.

While I understand you have washed the filter, We would also ask you to hold the filter upside down and firmly tap it against the inside of a bin to dislodge anything stuck inside. Then please soak the filter in plain cold water for at least 30 minutes. After soaking, please rewash the filter upside down under cold running water, massaging it to remove anything caught inside.

Please then let the floor tool, wand bin and filter of your machine air out for 48 hours or until completely dry (whichever is longest), ideally somewhere safe, dry and sunny.

If you need further assistance after following these steps, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

Fluffy

Dyson v6 is fully charged, after approx 30 secs of use it cuts out flashing amber then flashing blue. I put it on charge for 5 secs and it works again but cuts out after approx 30 seconds. I've completely cleaned the whole device out and still happening??

eggy asked on Aug 15, 2018

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear your V6 Fluffy isn't working as it should. So we can assist in getting this resolved, could you please forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting your machine running as it should.

Slim

How often do I need to replace the filter in my Dyson SV03 Animal? have washed it every month. thanks

Alqn asked on Aug 14, 2018

Thank you for your query.

Under normal use, the filter in your Dyson V6 Animal doesn't need to be replaced, just washed as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzhCAfkRNDc. Please note, some models don't have the post motor filter at the back of the machine. If your machine isn't fitted with one, please disregard.

I hope this helps, however if you have any further queries, please feel free to get directly in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com

Shan

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Absolute Animal Slim Original Cord-free Motorhead Fluffy Animal Origin Slim Origin Animal Extra Car+Boat Extra Trigger
Price (RRP) $599 $549 $399 $599 $449 $799 $649 $529 $399 $549 $449 $249
Power 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW
Running Time 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes
Charging Time 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours
Bin Capacity 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg
Cleaner Head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Direct-drive cleaner head Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head None (tool attachments only) Narrow Motorised cleaner head
Release Date Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015

The main difference between these models is included attachments