Model: Slim Date Purchased: Jul 2017

useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

cleans very well,suction is great. for the first 3 months worked for 20 mins. now only 6 mins. absolutely useless to me. It was purchased 29/07/2017 . it is new still!! I use it on slower speed and fastest. It is my secondary vacuum for quick cleans, use a corded dyson for the main cleaning.
I would not buy again from Dyson. Expected more from a trusted brand.
Dyson, just not good enough.

WINBURNDALE

Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2017

Feel inseparable from it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Dyson vacuum Cleaner is very useful, powerful, not consciously love cleaning. Usually can use the normal mode, every weekend to a large sweep, strong mode can be the edge of the corner to clean up the place is very clean. Full power can be used for a week or so, feeling inseparable from it.

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Less of a chore, more fun to vacuum!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

The V6 Animal is great for cleaning small dwellings like my apartment. On a single charge I am able to clean my apartment that has area rugs, tile, and hardwood floors. The vacuum is lightweight and the ball design on the vacuum head makes it super easy to maneuver and clean corners. One complaint is that the dust bin is pretty small, I usually have to empty the bin two or three times when doing a whole home cleaning. But, Dyson makes it super easy, just a flip of the red switch and the dust is in the trash.

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Dyson is really worth paying the extra money and getting exceptional quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Works well on Carpet, rugs and floorboards. Great at picking up dirt you can't see and perfect for cleaning up animal hair. Only let down is the battery should last more than 20 mins. Wouldn't be a bad idea to make the collection section abit bigger to hold more rubbish

Broadbeach

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2014

I Love Dyson!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

My apartment is mostly tiled with two bedrooms of carpet. Its not a large apartment so a stick vacuum cleaner is by far the best option for me! And Dyson is the master of stick cleaners!!

I purchased this Dyson 4 years ago!!! And every day I use it to suck up any crumbs in the kitchen and dining room. The rooms get a vacuum every week and the whole house too.

It has been such a fantastic vacuum cleaner and perfect for apartment living. Only now has there been some maintenance issues with it and I replaced the dirt capsule once as I dropped it and the connection snapped.

I only wish it had more attachments than what it came with, possibly a soft cloth type attachment to run over delicate surfaces?

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Dyson V6

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

The vacuum cleaner looks good and the line is long enough. Suction, suction is very clean, voice is not small, with a plurality of suction mouth, suitable for the ground, bed sofa and narrowness small corner use, reduce the dust in the outdoor air. Bed bottom, dead angle, a suction that is net. Easy and fast, clean and environmentally friendly. I like to use the vacuum cleaner to clean up the rubbish on the blanket, the effect is very good.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

KINGSTHORPE

Love dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

This vacuum is great, suction is powerful, light weight and very handy. I love it! It sucks up like no other! And the stairs? I have neck, back and hip problems and chronic migraines. This is so light weight that it makes it so much easier for me! I absolutely love this.

WHITWARTA

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Clean clean.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Too good, too clean, charging takes some time, the use of noise is not big, the normal mode enough to use, strong mode a lot of places to rub dirty all let it come. I keep animals at home, clean up feeling a lot cleaner! Dust suction is very clean, full of electricity for 5, 6 days, every day will want to clean up again.

Model: Animal Origin Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Could not believe how simple to use this terrific product is,NO BLOODY CORD you little BEAUTY!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I am a cleaner at a local school and am completely blown away with this great product.Easy to assemble and clean.Good battery life and recharge time.I use the V6 animal origin on tile,lino and wooden floors and it performs equally well on all surfaces. Have just finished my house in approx. half the time it would take with my other vac !!! Would have no hesitation recommending it to other people.LOVE IT!!!! Well done Dyson.Timbo

Purchased at: Big W

Warrazambil Creek

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Apr 2018

this is my favorite vacuum cleaner that I've ever used by far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Quiet, powerful, smooth, lightweight, and packing plenty of options for different conditions, this is my favorite vacuum cleaner that I've ever used by far. It's amazing how much detritus it pulls up, steadily filling the canister, which, fortunately, is very easy to empty. Like any handheld vacuum cleaner, the V6 Animal fills its canister at a rapid pace, but it's easy to monitor how much dirt is filling the canister and simple to dump it.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Dyson's stuff is really great.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Dyson's stuff is really great, it's very clean, and it's been really clean since the use of Dyson in some dirty places. Normal mode floor and so on enough, strong mode used in bed, sofa, carpet is very useful. I keep cats at home, clean up a lot of cat hair Ah! The effect is particularly great! There's a pet to buy.

PRINCE HENRY HEIGHTS

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Make your home more clean

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

The first time with a vacuum cleaner, really is too easy to use. Some difficult to clean, with this vacuum cleaner is too convenient, very clean, Satisfied. Floor vacuuming is also super satisfied, although the voice is small, but horsepower foot! If you have a pet in the home should buy a, really very good use, can't help recommending, often clean health is really worth owning!Make your home more clean

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Model: Fluffy Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Obsessed with Dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I am a huge fan of the Dyson stock vacuum this is my second Dyson vacuum I absolutely love them there was nothing wrong with my first just upgraded and keep on upstairs and one downstairs light and compact great variety of brush heads for cleaning the house and car

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Would never go backward after having a Dyson!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I use the vacuum on tiles and carpet and it’s so powerful it removes every thing I am so surprised how much it picks up when I empty the bin!! It performs very well on all surfaces and is fine for a 1-2 bedroom apartment. Charge it and it’s readh to go after a couple hours. Love the ease of use!

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 15 helpful votes

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Hubby bought this (never let a man watch the home shopping ads, but it turned out ok in the end!) and it is great. It has tremendous suction, lasts for a while off the charger, and the turbo function (although this decreases the battery time available) is great for cleaning the car. I am particularly impressed with this for cleaning the car with one of those small attachments, it is so light and easy, as opposed to dragging a hose from the regular cleaner around, climbing over car seats etc.... I know they are expensive, but they do come on sale occasionally.

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Can't live without

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

This is the best vacuum I have in very long time. Definitely worth every penny! Easy to charge and store in my laundry. Good suction. I have it for 3 years now and suction still as good. We only have floorboards and slate tiles so it's very good and cleans very well.

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Puts a smile on my face

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2018

I love, love, love this vacuum. I keep it charging in my laundry room closet and use it primarily on my laundry and kitchen floor. I have low level carpets and rugs and it works well on them but I have a regular vacuum cleaner that I use for that purpose. I have had many rechargeable vacuums and this one is the best. I had to get used to holding it a little to the side because if you put it directly in front of your body it does blow right up into your face but I had no trouble adjusting to that. It is powerful, light and always ready to use. Emptying it is very easy. Attaching and using the attachment is super easy and the storage provided for it is compact and easily accessible. I smile every time I use it.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Feb 2018

like ti

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

The appearance design is amazing, and it looks very nice. Suction is strong, work very quiet little noise, color design is very good, at home is often a friend. Very good, it is very easy to absorb clean dust, this is a value for the price of ultra high product, it is trustworthy and supportive.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Love my vacuum!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

I was always against getting a stick vaccum, as I just didn't believe it would do the job as well as a corded one. Our vaccum is so great and works just as well as our big one. It is so easy to use and charges very quickly. The only downfall is the charging time, it runs out quite quickly before I can finish my house, but it is good to do a quick vacuum of a few rooms at a time!

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Dyson vacuum cleaner is very good. I was really surprised when I bought it back. The color is beautiful and the design is novel. The high technology is very good, the dust sucks very clean, and it works very quietly, does not produce any noise, it is a happy thing for the lazy person, it is really a good helper of the family, I have been inseparable from it.

1 of 119 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Animal

My Dyson V6 has stopped changing. I have tried a number of power outlets but when I turn the power on none of the charging lights come on. Could this be an issue with the battery or with the hand set? The hoover was a year old in April. Victoria

Victoria M asked on Oct 11, 2018

Original

Hi, I bought this vacuum a couple of years ago to clean up kid spills. I find it fairly ineffectual on our floorboards. It works reasonably on carpet. Most of the kid spills are on our floorboards. Would buying a different head help at all? It just seems to push the debris around on floorboards. Cheers, Sarah

SarzMelb asked on Oct 10, 2018

Animal

Hi! I have a Dyson animal v8 it’s in the cupboard on charge but every now and then (I think more often than normal) it makes a whirling sound like as if something’s turning inside it, this is whilst it’s in the cupboard in its holder on charge?

George asked on Oct 10, 2018

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Animal Absolute Slim Original Cord-free Fluffy Animal Origin Animal Extra Car+Boat Extra Trigger Motorhead * Slim Origin *
Price (RRP) $549 $599 $399 $599 $449 $649 $529 $549 $449 $249 $799 $399
Power 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW
Running Time 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes
Charging Time 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours
Bin Capacity 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg
Cleaner Head Motorised cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head None (tool attachments only) Narrow Motorised cleaner head Direct-drive cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head
Release Date Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is included attachments