point cook

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Aug 2015

3 years old, still function as new.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I been using it on floor board, carpet, upholstery. Suction is not as strong as the cord model with the power head, however it is more than efficient to keep the floor clean daily. After three year, the battery now lasts for about 15 mins which is fine with me. Maneuvering the hand-held for 15 min with the battery block can be tiring.

Sunbury

Model: Slim Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great little Vac,Must read manual

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

We have had a Dyson slim for just under 2 years, I saw one posted on Facebook for it was cutting in and out. Thought about purchasing this for the caravan as an extra, surely it wouldn't cost too much to fix. We didn't buy it, Ours started doing the same, so took it back to Big W,this must be a common fault in the unit,they rang Dyson and they sent out a New battery pack and wall charger for free as it was still under warranty put it together same thing. Rang them back spoke to another maintenance person, it had been diagnosed incorrectly the first time. Never reading the manual we had no idea about the filter on the top of the unit, we had never washed it out in 18 months, after doing so well with pet fur from 2 Jack Russel's, it was amazing the problem didn't start way back, once washed and dried the Vac works fine. I wander how many like myself never read the manual. Great Vac especially for a disability like myself with bad knees and back. The light weight unit works a treat.

Purchased at: Big W

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Kelvin and Michelle, Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear we were able to get your machine up and running. More often than not, problems are easily solved at home without the need to s... read more »

Model: Slim Date Purchased: May 2017

Great vac but be aware of problems

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

2 year guarantee -Light, fairly powerful, very handy for quick vacuuming. Found out safety feature caused vac to pulsate. Should have warning in large writing - wash filter often as fine dust stops motor. Also take apart the head often to remove bits of fluff. The battery doesn't last long enough. On balance, worth buying.

Purchased at: Harris Scarfe

Keperra, QLD

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Yep, LOVE it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I recieved my Dyson 3 years ago now, and she still performs like she did when I first got her! Can't believe I'm so enthusiastic about a vacuum but it's great. I have wooden floors and it glides over well (I don't push down hard to avoid scratching), and some carpet in the bedrooms. There's a button which you push for a power burst and it 'suck's harder' for 30mins. I love how easy it is to vacuum up high, behind furniture & in all those annoying nooks and crannies!

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Love it but would now get the newer one

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I can do the whole house with this and also the couches. Switching between carpet, hard floors and the couches are easy and I love how much it picks up. I would now get the newer one for the minutes for get between chargers. It can stop halfway through cleaning if I don’t charge each time I use it.

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2018

So in love with my new Dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Having wanted a Dyson for a long time, I finally treated myself to an early xmas present. It has exceeded my expectations and is so quick and easy to use. Very suited to me and my one bedroom apartment. So much easier than pulling out a conventional vacuum and plugging it in all the time. Love it :).

• 2 comments
  • 57 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Great stick vaccum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Have just purchased V6 to replace Hoover stick vacuum. Light weight and has great suction.We have used it on laminate,wool rugs and tiles and it does a really good job of all.So much more effective than the Hoover.Easy to empty without creating a mess and fully charged battery allows quite a large area to be cleaned.
We also have a Dyson ball upright vacuum cleaner and this stick vacuum is a quick easy clean up tool for everyday use.

Ocean Shores

Model: Slim Date Purchased: Mar 2017

So easy to access difficult areas

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

I love these cordless stick vacuums. Can’t go back to the old corded on wheels type now (my old Dyson). So easy to get around, can pop out to the garage or the car to quickly vacuum something up, no problem. Only downfall is the charge doesn’t last long on Max suction & a little messy to empty. But overall I love this light weight easy access vacuum!

Model: Original Date Purchased: Oct 2018

it goes alright

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

good to use and have had no problems with it so far would recommend.recommend to any friends and family thank you and I'll be back to get more stuff from you guys it could be better but I'm definitely happy and wouldnt go back on it 100% thank you will deffo recomend you

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Perth

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Battery pack gone in 2 months

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Stop working after 2 months.called customer service and they advised us the battery pack has to be replaced. First battery pack is free and then I have to pay 85 $ . How come we have to pay when it’s under warranty . Of course you need battery to run it that’s what Dyson is all about being cordless.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Aaron, Thank you for your review. While we are sorry to hear your machine stopped working, we do thank you for getting in touch and I confident we will get this sorted shortly. While we... read more »

Perth

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jul 2015

What a piece of junk, now scratches our floor!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

We bought this Dyson & were reasonably happy with it over the last 3 years with it only getting used very mildly in & around our kitchen only once or twice a week at most. That is we were happy with it till we noticed it was scratching our solid wood floor because the cheaply made head for it has worn away the felt to leave bare plastic.

Now you would think that replacing a head for such a small vacuum would be a cheap exercise given a new unit is now only a few hundred dollars but after being on hold for over an hour with Dyson my wife was told a replacement head would be $129 plus delivery!

The battery now also only lasts about 5 minutes which is pretty average.

Needless to say we'll be buying a different new model of some other more reputable brand & never buying a Dyson product again.

Dyson used to make quality products, but I think they've let their standards slide massively the last few years.

Purchased at: Appliances Online

Sydney

Model: Animal Extra Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

I have laminate floors and a dog that sheds some fur.I got tired of dragging my big LG vac around and thought that the v6 would be ideal for spot cleaning. A few months ago I bought one and at first I was so impressed that I no longer vacuumed but instead Dysoned. Now,after 2 rooms(approx 3x3 each) the battery is shot.So now i drag my LG around and hang up the Dyson. Expensive hanging ornament.Would not recommend

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2015

battery problem

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Bought this product in Dec 2015 and it seemed good quality, it was expensive but happy with the service. Most recently the machine is becoming unreliable, sometimes it works and some time it doesn't. It could be the battery or the machine itself is faulty? If an expensive machine gives problem in less than 3 yrs, it's not worth buying.
when used after full battery charge it lasts only seconds and with the second time recharge it last about 10 - 15 minutes.
The Dyson customer service suggested to change battery at a cost of £65.00 as the machine only has 2 yrs guarantee and doesn't cover.
As a customer, I am dissatisfied with my Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner, it only looks and sounds good but doesn't provide good service.
Received message from the Dyson customer service saying your machine is now registered and your guarantee is active and underneath it shows guarantee valid until 05/12/2017
I don't think I will get any further assistance from the Dyson Company.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Amazing vac i love it i love it i love it to clean the car !!! Buy u wont regret it , my whole family had one i have one my brother has one my aunty has one we all have yaaasss this is an amazing product cant wait to see what else is instore

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Product Great- Customer support even Better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

What can i say, but its a quality product back by excellent customer support. have had the unit for over 2 years and have given it a good work out., have had the canister and bottom roller replaced in warranty (2 years) however now the battery is starting to not last, called customer care and even though 2 months out of warranty they will send one to me at no cost. - now that's service.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Melbourne

• 5 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Slim Date Purchased: Mar 2018

PERFECT FOR QUICK CLEAN

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Have polished floor board stairs and a cat who sheds a lot. This vac makes cleaning so easy as it is cordless, light and has great suction. Need to empty it everytime you use it so the suction stays strong.
Find it less impressive on my rugs, to get good result have to run it on the high setting and the battery drains quickly.

YAAMBA

Model: Car+Boat Extra Date Purchased: May 2018

Wonderful product. Very pleased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Pros: I wanted a versatile, cordless, small/light vacuum cleaner, with rotating brushes to loosen the dirt. The Dyson cordless v6 animal full-fills these requirements, having 1 main unit and the accessories easily transforms it from a hand held to an upright cleaner. It does work well on all surfaces, including deep pile carpet and rugs. At the time of purchase I was unsure of it's performance/price, so I took a piece of my deep pile carpet to the store and tried the vacuum on that before buying. I have a two bed house and use this vacuum on a regular basis. The battery lasts for the whole house, and the unit stores neatly away in a cupboard for charging. I would recommend it.

Cairns

Model: Original Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Not as good as expected

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I use my Dyson on laminate wood floors. It doesn't suck as well as other cheaper brands I have found and have had issues with the head, e.g. parts coming loose. But is a good choice for a 2nd vacuum for a quick run over the floors and spot clean

Purchased at: Myer

Echuca, Vic

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Great, but for a very short time only.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Loved this product at the start but now after 3 years it's had it. It's used on both timber and carpet but the product is very labour intensive. It needs parts, heads etc, replaced which aren't cheap. The moving parts require cleaning all the time and now the motor stop/starts all the time even after filter cleaning. Forget using on MAX mode. Now the stick won't stay attached to the head without holding together by hand. My husband learnt this the hard way after receiving a nasty cut to the leg when the unit collapsed whilst using. So, my next question is what do I buy next? Dyson reviews for the lastest model are good, but should you have to spend $200-$250 per year on your stick vac if it's going to only last 3-4 years?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Susan, Thank you for reviewing your machine. We would kindly ask for you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and a copy of your review. Our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you ... read more »

adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jun 2014

very disappointed two dysons in four years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

99 per cent used on wooden floor, both dysons did not last over two years, funny how warranty was for two years and yet at two years and two months dysons suction and pick up was gone gone gone on wooden floor, just two people living in house, me and my wife ,no kids

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Frank, I am sorry to hear about this. We are happy to help. Normally a loss of suction in a Dyson machine is something easily solved at home. You can find a video how to check your machine her... read more »

1 of 121 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

How do I remove washable filter for my Dyson V6?

Angus asked on Dec 01, 2018

Answer this

Just pull the circular top part of it gently & it should just pull out. If tough maybe try turning it & pull at the same time. It has a little 'grabby' pull tab, sorta like a spike on it.

Absolute

Hi, i own a Dyson V6 Absolute, all of a sudden i'm not getting power to the brush. When i attach the brush directly to the head it works fine, when i attach it to the wand, nothing. It was fine yesterday, I get that something must've happened in the wand, but is there a fix?

Charlie G asked on Dec 01, 2018

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear about this. If the motorised heads work when connected directly to the front of the machine, but not to the wand, this indicates a fault within the wand itself.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help get this sorted.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Best wishes,

Shan

Cord-free

Got a Dyson v6 cordless put it on charge cuts out less than a minute. Checked blockages and cleaned filter. Blue light flashes even though charged over 12 hours. Could there be a fault with the battery if so can this be replaced?

Gill H asked on Dec 01, 2018

Answer this

With mine, it was the conical filter that needed proper cleaning/replacing. I'd start using it and every time, it would cut out after perhaps 30 seconds, blue light flashing, and wouldn't run again until 5 minutes or so on the charger. Then repeat. Changing the conical filter sorted it. (I already have a new filter unit - the expensive one on the rear of the motor, with the MAX light.

When I bought my v6,it would do all my house,3 rooms,lounge,dining,sunroom and kitchen,all done at a leisurely pace,It now dies after 2 minutes.My neighbour,who also has one,has the same problem and bought a second battery on ebay for $85.There is obviously a problem with the product and I don't think buying a second battery solves the problem.What if the second battery is also faulty?Buy a third one?It's a dud and I regret buying one.

Hi Gill,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a short run time with your Dyson V6. We are happy to help.

So we can best assist, we would kindly ask for you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help get this sorted.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Shan

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Animal Absolute Slim Original Cord-free Fluffy Animal Origin Animal Extra Car+Boat Extra Trigger Motorhead * Slim Origin *
Price (RRP) $549 $599 $399 $599 $449 $649 $529 $549 $449 $249 $799 $399
Power 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW
Charging Time 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours
Running Time 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes
Bin Capacity 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg
Cleaner Head Motorised cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head None (tool attachments only) Narrow Motorised cleaner head Direct-drive cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head
Release Date Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is included attachments