• 36 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I find it Light, easy to use and it is very affective. Slightly expensive but if you use it every day like me, it’s worth it. i bought it from Harvey Norman in the sales which was good. Good with cat hair. easy to empty straight in to the bin.

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great for a daily clean!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I love my Dyson! Perfect to quickly go over the floors before company comes over or to clean up after my toddler. Makes my life so much easier! Not having to lug a big vacuum around the house. Easy to set up and use, I just wish more companies would think of people living in rental properties because without having the bracket on the wall, it can be hard to keep tucked away.

Melbourne

Model: Animal Extra Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Dyson reliability and style

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Love the Dyson stick vaccum. The swivel brush makes it easy to clean under beds, sofas etc which our previous stick vaccum could not do. Works on all surfaces including floorboards, tile and carpet. Worth the higher price tag as we know we will get years of use from a reliable brand.

Sydney

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Compact and powerful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I use my Dyson V6 Animal origin for everything! I vacuum the carpet floors, clean the couch and furnitures, vacuum my car and use it to pick up dust and bigger items like cereals and crumbs on the tiled floor or carpet floor.

Best vacuum bought, you won’t be disappointed

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

The head that comes with this vacuum is advertised to work on hard and soft floors.
However, on hard floors it flicks any particles around the floor away from the vacuum head making it very hard work to get it to pick up anything.
It really doesn't have enough power to vacuum carpet properly either, which doesn't really bother me as I bought it specifically for the hard floor surfaces.
The battery says it last 20 mins, the longest its ever run is 12 mins.
I found out that the head that came with my V6 Animal is advertised as the carpet head on the V6 Absolute, although it is advertised for hard floor surfaces with my model.
I called Dyson to see if I could buy a hard floor head and was told no, as the model I have does not support the proper hard floor head.
I then said I would like to return it for a refund and I was happy to purchase a model that does actually work on hard floors. Again I was told no, as they said there was nothing wrong with the vacuum, even though it doesn't pick up dirt off the floor (main purpose for buying any vacuum cleaner, lets face it, it only has one job) and has never run for the time advertised, apparently the battery isn't covered by warranty.
So frustrated and disappointed with this vacuum cleaner and the service.

Purchased at: Myer

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Animal Origin Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Goodbye cat fur

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I have floor boards, tile and carpet and this vacuum works amazing on all surfaces but is fantastic on furniture! I previously would vacuum my lounge then use a sticky roller to remove cat fur. Now with just the animal origin 99% of the fur is gone. Cleaning my carpeted stairs is a breeze! Only regret I should of bought this sooner instead of another brand and robot vacuum which can both go in the bin!

South Coast

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jun 2018

I wish I'd bought one years ago

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

I ummmed and ahhhed over buying a handstick - even after my brother and I bought our parent's one years ago for Christmas. Mum hasn't stopped raving about it since then and she barely uses the Miele I bought them a few years before that. My mother has a medical condition that doesn't allow her to exert herself, and that's why the handstick has been so wonderful.

It's a lot of money to lay out and I searched for over a year for something cheaper that would be relatively comparative, but it never happened. I finally relented when they went on sale this year and it really has been an incredible little tool.

I have a compromised wrist due to arthritis and the handstick doesn't really give me too much trouble. It's brilliant for keeping on top of the fur and things that blow into the house over the course of a day.

It's got great suction on all surfaces and I can't fault it. The accessories are handy too.

The Ponds, NSW

• 5 comments
  • 9 answers
  • 46 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Wow. So happy with support.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Can I just say : Wow. I'm not talking about the product. No, no, no. The product IS really excellent on hard floors and carpet. It charges quickly, lasts long enough and is so convenient. I am talking about the customer support. Did I need to email or speak to anyone? Nope. My wife and I were frustrated cos we're both very busy and the V6 is just 2 months out of warranty and was making a funny 'start/stop spin' noise. Looked at it, couldn't see anything stuck in the head etc. BUT, upon visiting the Dyson Support Section on their website and watching their support video, it showed how to take the thing apart and where else to check. Took 5 mins. Fixed. Good as gold. EVERY manufacturer should have that kind of video support. So happy. Thank you, Mr Dyson :-)

PALM GROVE

• 1 review
  • 4 answers

Model: Slim Date Purchased: Jul 2017

useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

cleans very well,suction is great. for the first 3 months worked for 20 mins. now only 6 mins. absolutely useless to me. It was purchased 29/07/2017 . it is new still!! I use it on slower speed and fastest. It is my secondary vacuum for quick cleans, use a corded dyson for the main cleaning.
I would not buy again from Dyson. Expected more from a trusted brand.
Dyson, just not good enough.

WINBURNDALE

Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2017

Feel inseparable from it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

Dyson vacuum Cleaner is very useful, powerful, not consciously love cleaning. Usually can use the normal mode, every weekend to a large sweep, strong mode can be the edge of the corner to clean up the place is very clean. Full power can be used for a week or so, feeling inseparable from it.

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Less of a chore, more fun to vacuum!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

The V6 Animal is great for cleaning small dwellings like my apartment. On a single charge I am able to clean my apartment that has area rugs, tile, and hardwood floors. The vacuum is lightweight and the ball design on the vacuum head makes it super easy to maneuver and clean corners. One complaint is that the dust bin is pretty small, I usually have to empty the bin two or three times when doing a whole home cleaning. But, Dyson makes it super easy, just a flip of the red switch and the dust is in the trash.

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Dyson is really worth paying the extra money and getting exceptional quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Works well on Carpet, rugs and floorboards. Great at picking up dirt you can't see and perfect for cleaning up animal hair. Only let down is the battery should last more than 20 mins. Wouldn't be a bad idea to make the collection section abit bigger to hold more rubbish

Broadbeach

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2014

I Love Dyson!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

My apartment is mostly tiled with two bedrooms of carpet. Its not a large apartment so a stick vacuum cleaner is by far the best option for me! And Dyson is the master of stick cleaners!!

I purchased this Dyson 4 years ago!!! And every day I use it to suck up any crumbs in the kitchen and dining room. The rooms get a vacuum every week and the whole house too.

It has been such a fantastic vacuum cleaner and perfect for apartment living. Only now has there been some maintenance issues with it and I replaced the dirt capsule once as I dropped it and the connection snapped.

I only wish it had more attachments than what it came with, possibly a soft cloth type attachment to run over delicate surfaces?

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Dyson V6

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

The vacuum cleaner looks good and the line is long enough. Suction, suction is very clean, voice is not small, with a plurality of suction mouth, suitable for the ground, bed sofa and narrowness small corner use, reduce the dust in the outdoor air. Bed bottom, dead angle, a suction that is net. Easy and fast, clean and environmentally friendly. I like to use the vacuum cleaner to clean up the rubbish on the blanket, the effect is very good.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

KINGSTHORPE

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Love dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

This vacuum is great, suction is powerful, light weight and very handy. I love it! It sucks up like no other! And the stairs? I have neck, back and hip problems and chronic migraines. This is so light weight that it makes it so much easier for me! I absolutely love this.

WHITWARTA

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Clean clean.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Too good, too clean, charging takes some time, the use of noise is not big, the normal mode enough to use, strong mode a lot of places to rub dirty all let it come. I keep animals at home, clean up feeling a lot cleaner! Dust suction is very clean, full of electricity for 5, 6 days, every day will want to clean up again.

Model: Animal Origin Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Could not believe how simple to use this terrific product is,NO BLOODY CORD you little BEAUTY!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I am a cleaner at a local school and am completely blown away with this great product.Easy to assemble and clean.Good battery life and recharge time.I use the V6 animal origin on tile,lino and wooden floors and it performs equally well on all surfaces. Have just finished my house in approx. half the time it would take with my other vac !!! Would have no hesitation recommending it to other people.LOVE IT!!!! Well done Dyson.Timbo

Warrazambil Creek

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Apr 2018

this is my favorite vacuum cleaner that I've ever used by far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Quiet, powerful, smooth, lightweight, and packing plenty of options for different conditions, this is my favorite vacuum cleaner that I've ever used by far. It's amazing how much detritus it pulls up, steadily filling the canister, which, fortunately, is very easy to empty. Like any handheld vacuum cleaner, the V6 Animal fills its canister at a rapid pace, but it's easy to monitor how much dirt is filling the canister and simple to dump it.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Dyson's stuff is really great.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Dyson's stuff is really great, it's very clean, and it's been really clean since the use of Dyson in some dirty places. Normal mode floor and so on enough, strong mode used in bed, sofa, carpet is very useful. I keep cats at home, clean up a lot of cat hair Ah! The effect is particularly great! There's a pet to buy.

PRINCE HENRY HEIGHTS

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Make your home more clean

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

The first time with a vacuum cleaner, really is too easy to use. Some difficult to clean, with this vacuum cleaner is too convenient, very clean, Satisfied. Floor vacuuming is also super satisfied, although the voice is small, but horsepower foot! If you have a pet in the home should buy a, really very good use, can't help recommending, often clean health is really worth owning!Make your home more clean

1 of 119 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Absolute

Hi, the attachment to my v6 abs will not come off when I press the release button. It's as if it's super glued on. How do I remove it and fix this problem? Thank you.

RPir asked on Oct 15, 2018

Answer this

If you’re having trouble the best solution of to bring your unit back to the shop you bought it from. If it’s still under warranty they will look into that and possibly give you a replacement.

Animal

Do the lights go off when V8 animal is fully charged?

kathy asked on Oct 14, 2018

Absolute

Is it best to leave Dyson v6 absolute on charge all the time or unplug when fully charged? Does one action have an impact on battery life as opposed to other?

Marion S asked on Oct 13, 2018

Answer this

I read up on this. it makes no difference to the battery life leaving it plugging in all the time as the batteries shut down when full charge is reached.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Animal Absolute Slim Original Cord-free Fluffy Animal Origin Animal Extra Car+Boat Extra Trigger Motorhead * Slim Origin *
Price (RRP) $549 $599 $399 $599 $449 $649 $529 $549 $449 $249 $799 $399
Power 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW
Charging Time 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours
Running Time 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes
Bin Capacity 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg
Cleaner Head Motorised cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head None (tool attachments only) Narrow Motorised cleaner head Direct-drive cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head
Release Date Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is included attachments