Sydney

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2016

Great when charged

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

Very powerful but small machine that is very easy and convenient to use. It can easily be opened so you can discard the rubbish. Only complaint I have with it is that the battery life is not the greatest and it takes a long time to charge. If you remember to plug it in after using it every time though, it shouldn't be a problem.
Would recommend

Aberglasslyn, NSW

• 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Slim Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Small but powerful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Small light vacuum with excellent suction power, cordless with a battery that lasts long enough to vacuum my entire 4 bedroom house in one go! Resistant against small impacts. Had it for over a year now! Very happy with results so far. It works well on tiles and carpet. Excellent for the car as well! You won’t be disappointed.

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Brisbane

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Best vac!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

This was my best wedding present!
High powered & Cordless vacuum that dose my four bedroom house in one charge. I have used it on hard floor & tiles. Quite device and picks up all animal hair and dust well. Easy to use for the car or Carvan. I would be lost with out my Dyson

Model: Original Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Excellent Dyson Vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Scored this on sale as they are bringing out a new design. I am really happy with it and I saved heaps. It is powerful and beautifully designed. You almost want to use it due to its good looks. Its the best solution for stairs as it can get in to every nook and cranny. Charging and emptying are both super easy. This is the vacuum you dont realise you love until you buy it. Its great.

Sunshine Coast

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Cannot live without!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

How did I clean before this?! No idea! We have a big 5 bedroom 3 living area sized home and it does it all in one charge. Picks up the bigger stuff easily too. Their replacement warranty team is great and easy to use. Easy to empty into the bin. Charges in 3 hours. So handy!

Purchased at: Dyson

Model: Slim Origin Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great vacuum would never live without one

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

So easy to use, and sets up in no time. The suction on it is better than my expensive corded vacuum. The turbo roller picks up all the pet hair with ease. Easy to empty, and Light to use and maneuver, I do all my 3 bedrooms with one charge.

• 1 review

Model: Animal

New battery needed after 3 years

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Had an amber flashing light on my v6 animal stick, customer care told me I needed a new battery which I bought and paid $80 for. I believe a battery should last more than 3 years on a quality machine that I paid a lot of money for.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Jayne, Thanks for your review and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment. Batteries will always need to be replaced eventually and this is the same for any technology that relies on a bat... read more »

Sydney, NSW

Verified Purchase Model: Car+Boat Extra Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great Product for Home and Car

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I bought this from Catch.com.au where the vacuum cleaner was on special offer. I own a Bosch Athlete also but his dyson one has a bit better suction. This is a handheld device and very useful in car, The accessories can reach all types of crevices. Cleaning the vacuum is also very easy compared to the vacuum cleaner i have used till now.

Purchased at: Catch (Catch Of The Day)

Gold Coast

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2018

AMAZING!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Lightweight which makes it so much more functional around the house. Easy to store and comes with its own wall connection/charger. we were hesitant spending so much on a vacuum although this has been the best investment. Great for quick clean up or a proper full house clean. We love our Dyson and will continue to buy the cordless vacs from Dyson!

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2017

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

This thing is great, I wouldn't go so far as to say it makes me look forward to vacuuming but it takes to pain in the back factor out of vacuuming.

Performance and suction are good on carpet and tiles. Battery life is pretty good, it's supposed to last 20mins which I haven't tested but it hasn't died on me yet.

Only gripe I would have is that is doesn't seem very robust i.e. I'm pretty sure one accidental drop would break it.

Overall I would definitely recommend.

Melbourne

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Handy but battery doesn't last long

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Very handy to clean my car seats, couch, the stairs, and even the ceilings. Not heavy to hold, so you can just pick it up and use it whenever necessary, rather than only when you have the "mood" to do some cleaning. The battery held longer when I first bought it, but over the years the battery life is only about 10 minutes. Dyson does sell replacement batteries on their website though.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Model: Cord-free Date Purchased: Jan 2018

amazing fr our office!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

This vacuum is fantastic! it is very reliable and very good. it sucks up small items good, and it also gives us enough power to vacuum the office when we need to. it is also good on carpet, tiles and floor boards, and doesnt cause any damage.

the only thing i dont like is the fact that the battery doesnt last very long/

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2018

Love It Great For Floorboards

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

We found these on massive clearance at Big W - an unbelievable $200 off due to new models coming. We didnt think twice because we have been umming and ahhing about getting one for years. I have had it for a week now and I am well impressed! It is so very well made and powerful. My only wish is that it could run longer on full power but no worries at all. Its so much fun to use at first I nearly found myself enjoying vacuuming! This model is the one to get too, the absolute as it comes with all the attachments and a proper filter. If you buy them afterwards Dyson charge a lot. Overall a great vacuum!

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Love this vacuum! While it only lasts 20 minutes, it’s long enough to clean the appartment and it’s so good that you don’t have to go over any spots more than once.
Would highly recommend, especially for apartments and even for people with pets and lots of hair that needs cleaning up

CANBERRA

• 2 comments
  • 27 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Original Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Love it perfect for tiles

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

This is a great vacuum for quick clean ups caused by the kids. Nice and light and the battery runs for about 30 minutes . Does get clogged with hair but pretty easy to fix. So as long as you don't need it to work on carpet I would recommend.

Adelaide

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2018

Great Stick Vacuum!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

We decided to purchase this Dyson Stick Vacuum when we saw it recently at a very special price. We had another stick vacuum but it was not that great, not enough suction.

So far, this Dyson has been brilliant. The suction is very good for a stick vacuum and it glides really well on the carpet and hard floors. The head swivels really easily and smoothly, making it very easy to vacuum.

It comes with a wall mount which we have put up and it is so easy to hang it up there, out of the way. The attachments that come with the vacuum also hang on the wall mount at the bottom, good stuff!

It came with 3 heads which is really handy. They each work in slightly different ways, so good for using on different floors and for vacuuming up different things.

Also, it came with 2 attachments, which have been great for cleaning cobwebs from the cornices and getting into hard to reach corners.

It is very light, so when vacuuming, it makes easy work of it :)

The battery life is not too bad...it is what you would expect from a cordless vacuum and the battery takes about 3 hours to charge, which is pretty good.

If you are after a lightweight, good suctioned, easy to use stick vacuum, this is certainly the one for you.

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Good for a quick clean

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

This is a great vac for in between cleans, but it won’t be replacing my Dyson corded vacuum. With an average sized home (4 bed, 2 living) I often have to charge the unit between zones due to the short battery life of 6 to 20 minutes depending on the setting. The head has a wide range of motion and is great for cleaning dust beneath furniture but unfortunately isn’t so good for larger messes like spilled rice or cereal

Model: Original Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Removes dirt, and Pain Points

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

No more lugging a vacuum around the house
No more running out of cord
No more tripping over the cord
No more duct tape wrapped around broken hoses

This thing is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Although not perfect.

Stink things that will happen:
You'll run out battery (in about 20min)
You'll be emptying the cannister about every 3-4 vacuums
You wont be able to suck up things you used to like coins, toothpicks and paper

Melbourne, Vic

• 3 comments

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2017

It’s good but not better than a normal Miele

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

Yes it’s generally good for an apartment and doesn’t take up much storage space and is easy to use for higher up or difficult to reach spots. But when we had home renovations it was not good for cleaning up a lot of heavy dust (like from sawn cupboards etc), I had to get my mums heavier duty Miele.

Purchased at: David Jones

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne, VIC

• 3 helpful votes

Model: Animal Extra Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Worth the hype - if you can afford it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

These fuss around these vacuums is legit. They really do work exceptionally well.
Pros: Light, perfect for stairs, Very powerful, No need to plug in cords and wheel out a monster machine, wall mount if you have the space makes it perfect to just grab and go - helps 'encourage' me to vacuum more regularly....
Cons: High pitch noise, small so need to keep emptying while cleaning.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

1 of 105 pages

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the differences between each Dyson V6 model?

The primary difference are the included heads or attachments. While all Dyson V6 models contain the same power, charging time, and bin capacity, each model offers a different head to suit a particular household need. For example, the V6 Fluffy model caters for households that have hard floors by including a non-scratching soft roller head.

Why is my Dyson V6 pulsating when I try to use it?

The pulsing or stop-starting noise indicates there is a blockage somewhere in the vacuum. It may be in the head, wand, filter, or bin (including the flap connecting the wand to the bin). Clear these areas and check no moving parts have hair tangled in them.

What does the red flashing light mean on my Dyson V6?

If the red light flashes 12 or more times it indicates there is a problem with the battery, and it may require replacement. Fewer flashes may indicate a problem with the body of your machine. Contact Dyson on 1800 239 766 for more information.

Can I charge my Dyson V6 in a very cold or very hot environment?

Dyson recommends that your V6 unit is charged in an environment that is between 3°C (37°F) to 40°C (104°F). It is recommended that you unplug and wait to charge your vacuum if your room is hotter than colder than these temperatures.

Can I leave my Dyson V6 to continually charge in the charging station?

It is safe to leave the V6 to continually charge; either in the docking station, or just the charger plugged directly in, so the vacuum is always fully charged every time you use it. You cannot use the vacuum while plugged in.

Latest Consumer Questions

Animal

Hi. My Dyson V6 has blue light when charging but we can only use the vacuum for about 1-2 minutes. Can I ask if it is due to fault of battery or charger cable? Thank you

Lucy Luu asked on May 24, 2018

Answer this

Potentially yes, mine last way more than that! Before calling Dyson just check if there is no hair attached to the rotating parts at the bottom, this would make your vacuum work super hard. Also always empty the bag after every use.

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your question.

We will need to do some further diagnosis with you to identify the cause of the issue. It may be an obstruction if the machine is also making a pulsating noise, or it could be the charger or the battery depending on what the lights display in the checks we go through with you.

Please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be happy to help.

Animal Extra

Hi the flap that is inside of the dust pot that connects to the bar is stuck open so my Hoover won't work. Any ideas?

Leanne asked on May 23, 2018

Answer this

Iv never has problems with my Dyson so unsure about the Hoover? I know if you have issues with Dyson products you can contact Dyson for parts or assistance. Maybe contact Hoover?

I never came across this issue, perhaps not the best person to answer this question. I would contact Dyson.

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for your question.

If you are referring to the valve flap inside the bin inlet, when this is stuck open the machine will tend to make a pulsating noise. Remove the bin from the machine as shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWG-AgswpQo then use a clean dry cloth, old toothbrush or a finger to work the bin flap loose. If you shake the bin, you should hear a loud rattling noise if the flap is working correctly.

If this does not resolve the issue or the area you are referring to is in a different location, please email us at auaskdyson@dyson.com with a description of the issue and we will be happy to help.

Fluffy

My dyson v6 fluffy will not charge. It flashes blue a few times then goes off. What can I do? Regards Barbara

Barbara K asked on May 23, 2018

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your question. If the machine is also making a pulsating noise before switching off, it means there is an obstruction in airflow and this video will provide the first steps in locating the obstruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCUY4crvKK8

If that does not resolve the issue or if the machine is not making the pulsating noise please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be happy to help.

www.facebook.com/dyson

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Absolute Animal Slim Original Cord-free Motorhead Fluffy Slim Origin Animal Origin Animal Extra Car+Boat Extra Trigger
Price (RRP) $599 $549 $399 $599 $449 $799 $649 $399 $529 $549 $449 $249
Power 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW 100AW
Running Time 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes 20minutes
Charging Time 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours 3.5hours
Bin Capacity 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L 0.4L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg 2.04kg
Cleaner Head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Motorised cleaner head Direct-drive cleaner head Soft roller cleaner head Narrow Motorised cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head Direct drive cleaner head and Soft roller cleaner head None (tool attachments only) Narrow Motorised cleaner head
Release Date Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015 Apr 2015

The main difference between these models is included attachments