• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2018

What a great machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have recently bought this vacuum and I am so sad that I will have to throw my expensive Electrolux cord vacuum anytime soon now. This vacuum comes with a lot of accessories so very helpful in cleaning car , kitchen and small corners. Although I am not used to the new way of emptying the bin but as my wife's hair will not tangle in this vacuum it's easier to clean

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Amazing product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I use this vacuum cleaner on carpets only and find it does an amazing job at picking up dog hair and I am always surprised at the amazing job that it does! It is very easy to clean out (even my kids and husband know how to clean it)
The only negative I find with this vacuum is it only lasts 7 minutes on maximum power

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Absolutely perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Best vacuum I’ve ever had!
We have two dogs that both malt a lot, and we vacuum every second day- atleast!
The Dyson is amazing on different floor surfaces and we even use it for our cars as well.
It comes with great extra heads and is powerful.
Couldn’t recommend it more

Tasmania

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Throw your corded vacuum away!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

So happy when we puchased our Dyson online from Myers! Love the ease of not having to pull the cord out and plug in and change power points when vacuuming each room! The box came with a wall mount and about 4 other attachments. I’m amazed at just how much this little machine picks up! Every day I vacuum and love that my Dyson doesn’t miss a drop of dust! I would love to see an attachment with a bendy hose as I like to use it to clean out the car! Asides from that that 5 stars for me!!!

Purchased at: Myer

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Battery weak

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Battery lasts about 5 minutes on high speed. Regret this purchase. I thought for $1000 it would last longer than 19 months. I have 3 dyson machines at home but this purchase being the most expensive was a faith purchase. Unfortunately that faith was misguided. No more dysons for me.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your Dyson V8. While this machine will provide 6 minutes on MAX mode, on high power it will provide 25-40 depending on the tool... read more »

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Convenient hassle free vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

The cordless aspect of this product is what gives it a higher star rating- you get the best results (on all floor types) using it on the ‘max’ setting especially long carpet, however it massively drains the battery and will last less than 20 minutes. Picks up dirt and animal hair easily on both lower and max setttings. Dyson, as always is a reliable and smart choice!

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Every new model it gets better

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Originally owned the V6 model and upgraded to the V8 animal the wife loves it, this one is lighter and more quieter and powerful. We had the V6 model for over 4 years and the battery naturally loses charge so called customer service and was easy to order another battery.
It was initially tricky to open the dust bin and empty but once you got the hang of it simply pulling on the red latch upwards does the job without having to actually detach the whole unit.
Highly recommend this for any one with tiles or floor boards or just cleaning inside the car.

• 9 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Can’t live without it and customer service is fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Amazing, couldn’t live without my V8 and love all the attachments. My battery has slowly died after just 18 months but I just called customer service and they fixed the issue and it only took about 5 minutes all up on the phone. Hot tip is to always leave it on charge at the lower setting as the battery is consumable. Battery life depends on how much you use it and charging etc

• 3 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Couldn't live without this amazing machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Thinking of getting a Dyson stick vacuum? Think no more. Just do it. It is amazing. I couldn't live without mine. It makes cleaning up between weeknights, meals, spare moments a breeze. Easy to clean and charge. And great for random little spills or messes. Comes with a fee attachable heads to great for cleaning dust from hard to reach places. Couldn't recommend this highly enough.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 2 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 34 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great machine but wished I could have bought the V10

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Great machine - everything works brilliantly - works well on the vinyl flooring with the soft head.
Carpets - could do with a bit more suction. It is better on maximum but then the battery dies too early. Currently I have to keep my old upright machine to give the carpets a proper going over.
I bought this model just before the V10 lauched so I am miffed that I could have waited 4 months and bought the next model up.
If you can - get the better model. I would then give it 5 stars.

Sydney

• 12 answers
  • 11 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Great vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I have the v8 and works great and we are very happy so far. Don't know what I would do without this.Great for a quick clean of my car and great for the dogs mat as well.My mother borrowed it as well and she loved it so much she got one as well.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Battery life issues

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

So after 2.5 years of this machine it would only last about 20 seconds after a full charge before it dies! I rang dyson and they said because it was out of warranty they would not replace the battery I would have to pay 60 pounds for a new one, I said to the lady on the phone surely they should say on the box that the battery will only last that long then you need to buy a new one! So I said is there anything you can do to help me with any discount on a new battery at least! She said no!! So I said ok let me talk to your manager she then said give me a minute I’ll see what I can do, 5 mins later she comes back on the phone and says we can give you on at half price for 30 pound,, perfect thank you dyson

Lasalle

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Bad decision

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I use this on carpet and hardwood floors. I made a wrong decision buying this vacuum, since I bought it I am always having trouble with something and since I am covered under guarantee, Dyson sends me the parts but does not tell me why it is doing that. It makes a very loud and weird noise everytime I use the carpet roll and makes a squeaky noise when I use the hardwood roll!

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with your Dyson V8 machine. I understand you have already been in touch with us, however if your machine isn't working as it should, ... read more »

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Static shock

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Love my new v8 but getting a shock from the battery port and it hurts! Why is this happening?? I can see from other reviews that am not the only one, surely something needs to be done!!! It’s not a very pleasant thing to experience.i would love a response from Dyson to explain why it happens!!!

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, Thank you for your query. Due to the dust spinning through the bin of the machine, on the odd occasion you may receive a static shock from the machine. To avoid this happening, we'd s... read more »

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Dyson is the best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

Purchased Dyson v8 absolute, excellent machine, many attachments come with machine, easy to use, long life battery, Dyson says it all ,an excellent product. Had a previous name brand stick vac, only lasted 2 years and lost suction, Dyson have replacement parts that can have purchased cheaply if your machine is out of warranty

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2017

My life is complete now.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have carpet, tiles and wood floor throughout the house. I can quickly and easily move from room to room. The hardwood floor looks polished. The vacuum is light and fool proof. I don't think I can ever go back to any other kind of vacuum. No stress on my back with trying to push or pull like a regular vacuum.

• 2 answers

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

The Dyson is so easy and convenient to quickly run around the house each day. The different attachments are also great for the car and getting into corners, skirting boards and under cupboards. I love the fact that I can do the vacuuming one handed. The only fault in my view is the battery life when you have the vacuum on max power... doesn’t last long.

• 38 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Made to last max 12-18 months. Garbage.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I purchased this to clean a 60sqm one bed unit shared with a French Bulldog. Unit failed within 12 months. Dyson requested I return it via post at my own expense. F that. I returned to Harvey Norman where I purchased and told them to do it. Dyson then proceed to replace the unit. I rejected that. It’s not fit for purpose, I want a refund. Oh no, Dyson can’t honour Australian Consumer Rights. I have to go back to Harvey Norman now for a refund... What a joke. What is the ACCC doing? Smoking joints? How can such a large market player be allowed to screw over customers? Annoyed is just not even the start.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V8. We are sorry and slightly surprised to hear of your experience. In the event a machine needs to be serviced under the Dyson guarantee we provide t... read more »

cairns, QLD

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Bought this one while ago, the suction is very good, light weight and cordless easy to vacuum around, perfect for smaller apartment since it won’t take much space however the product is a bit on the pricey side, but I would still highly recommend for anyone who’s thinking to purchase this product.

West Yarmouth

• 1 review
  • 2 answers

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Terribly low battery charge life

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

This machine is advertised as having a 40 minute battery charge life, but the truth is, it hardly lasts 10 minutes. Though it does a good job on hardwood floors, it simply doesn't hold up long enough to vacuum one or two rooms. Given its high price, this low performance is not acceptable.

Purchased at: Amazon

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson V8. To confirm, the V8 has two modes of suction; Max and high power. With the motorised head attached the machine will provide 25-30 ... read more »

1 of 52 pages

Absolute

My Dyson v8 is about a year old and the battery lasts about 2 mins on max now when fully charged... this seems pretty poor any possible explanations?

Ttt asked on Dec 01, 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your query.

I am sorry to hear your Dyson Cord-free machine isn't running as long as it should.

So we can establish what is happening and get this resolved, we would encourage you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help diagnose your machine and assist with a resolution.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Shan

I have exactly the same problem with my year old v8 ... saying to email isn’t a resolution is it? Why can’t you put the answer online so we can all fix it?

I am another customer with the same issue with my 12month old V8 Dyson. I agree with Karrie you should post an answer online. Is it that the battery only lasts for 12 months and needs replacing every year?

Absolute

Hello. I got my Dyson v8 Absolut before 3 days. It is working ok, but when I put it in the dock station the blue lights are flashing for one minute only and after that turning off. I emptied the battery after approximately 10 minuets working on max suction and that put it in the charging. Anyone of blue lights was not flashing. So I disconnected the plug from the socket and returned it back. After that I see one blue strip is flashing and it’s charging. I can’t understand it is the correct behavior of the charging process. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Inna asked on Dec 01, 2018

Hi Inna,

Thank you for your query.

If your machine has been used for the full run time on Max, and put right back onto the charger, the machine may not start charging until the battery cools down. Please be assured this is normal. Please also double check the charger is securely fitted in the charging dock to ensure a firm connection when the machine is installed.

Should you have any further queries or if you need assistance with your machine, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be more than happy to assist.

Shan

Absolute

When using v8; air is rushing over my hand. This air gets hot when on maximum. Is there a possible breach in the seal? Or any other ideas? Anyone else ever have air rushing over the hand?

Stephen S asked on Nov 29, 2018

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your question.

Air will be expelled through the back of the machine after passing through the Post Motor filter however we'd like to learn more of your particular situation.

Could you please reach out to us via email at auaskdyson@dyson.com with your contact details and the serial number of your machine and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible.

Samuel

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Charging Time 5hours 5hours 5hours
Bin Capacity 0.54L 0.54L 0.54L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.6kg 2.6kg 2.6kg
Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head Direct Drive Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head

The main difference between these models is included cleaner head