What a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Here is ebay's response to my complaint on a defaulting buyer:

"Because we're not involved in the actual transaction between members, we have no control over:
-- the quality, safety, or legality of the items -- the ability of sellers to sell items
-- the ability of buyers to pay for items
-- whether a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction"
-- the truth or accuracy of the listings
-- Feedback or other content posted by users on the site
-- the ability of sellers to sell items
-- the ability of buyers to pay for items
-- whether a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction"

You are not protected on ebay as a seller or buyer, why bother?
After all the transaction costs and hassles when someone doesn't follow through, use gumtree instead.
What a waste of time.

• 2 comments

SELLERS BEWARE!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Ebay dont even deserve 1 star. Ebay make me sick on so many levels.

As a seller on ebay for many years with over 2600 100% positive feedback & a trusted powerseller, ebay recently suspended my account with no warning. They accused me of trying to sell off their site which was totally untrue. Ebay could plainly see the messages to & from my buyer and ebay customer service openly admitted to me, over the phone, they could see I was not trying to sell off their site.

They eventually reinstated my account but they refused to reinstate my listings, my years of sales history or my store. They took away years of hard work at the push of a button for something I did not do. They told me if I ever try and sell off their site again I would be permanently banned even though AGAIN.....I didn't try and sell off their site in the first place. Confused?

I am now to terrified to start again on ebay as it is very clear I can be shut down for doing nothing wrong. Ebay SPY on messages using bots which pick up on the most innocent of conversation and turn it into a false accusation! How do you sell anything without being able to communicate effectively with your customers?

So thanks to ebay my little, home based business is ruined, I have no income & will probably need to go to the Salvos to put food on the table for my kids very soon.

I'm devastated! Ebay dont care, they are a law unto themselves and operate with impunity. Ebay and paypal are happy to destroy hard working Aussies, small business and incomes without even giving them the chance to appeal or defend themselves. And all the while they happily STEAL billions of $$$ from Australia and its people.

Ebay should rename themselves BIG BROTHER, they behave like thought police & treat honest sellers like liars and thieves without any basis, just assumptions & ineffective, defective robots! No wonder so many great ebay sellers are leaving in droves.

Ebay = Disgusting corporate corruption at it most foul, their greed knows no bounds and their ethics are in the gutter! They really are the worst of the tax dodging worst.

*eBay is still blithely pretending it doesn’t have an Australian business and that the billion dollars a year it makes from operating its online auction house in this country – through which Australians buy and sell things with other Australians in Australia – is really the business of an entity residing at 15 Helvetiastrasse, Bern, Switzerland.

eBay is the quintessence of the undisclosed agency, a puppet regime designed to whisk Australian profits offshore to a tax haven. The shadow directors are in Bern and the ultimate parent eBay Inc is in the US.

Over the past 15 years, eBay has dodged GST and paid income tax of just $8 million (almost one-fifth of its bill for “professional fees” at $38 million), despite its billions of dollars in cash-flow from Australians! *
*source: The Conversation with michaelwest.com.au

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME on ebay!

need better checks on sellers

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Bought many things & usually fine- but beware who is selling in auction sites- I won 3 auctions & did not receive anything. These were asian sellers & could not be contacted. Thankfully paypal reimbursed me, but it would save a lot of stress if ebay contacted the overseas sellers first-& if not contactable, please dont include them!

melbourne

Ebay Seller named NSTRY ---Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Avoid this seller named - NSTRY

Will bait you to buy the item by promising a delivery date and then item will arrive later than promised.

Very questionable and untrustworthy practice.

Mount Waverley

Private message

Fake photo on ebay..Ebay support fake photo Greedy for business before AMAZON arrive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I have just spoken to EBAY customer support, EBAY customers support said the seller on EBAY are allow to use FAKE photo. If you see these items on EBAY, don't buy from this seller. You will not receive as this photo but mush smaller steel bar and poor quality. EBAY is greedy for the Business and will not dare to tell the seller to use actual photo. EBAY said money back guarantee, but this bulky items after open, you need to waste your time to RE-PACK and send it off. Don't waste your time, Don't buy FAKE PHOTO products.

Verified Customer

Easiest way to shop online

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Using ebay to shop is the fastest way to find the best deal. Seller usually offer free delivery. The goods where delivered on time

5 star service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I use ebay on a daily basis, great with delivery, communication and after sales service. Had a few issues with products over the years and they always get it sorted.

wellstraders55 Seller - BEWARE of them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

paid for 3 items , and only 1 arrived , many messages to them and very little reply back , told me items sent 3 times but not recieved nearly 2 months on , asking for a refund and still no money returned , Ebay doing nothing about it as didnt use paypal ( seller gave me bank transfer details ) I dont use paypal due to friends lost money from their accounts , BEWARE of that seller , read the comments page as not good reviews , and wont be dealing on Ebay again as hopeless

Comments

don't buy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM MOOSADO. I purchased a Braun series 7 replacement shaver head from them. When It arrived I could immediately see that it was of an inferior quality and one of the side panels was coming off. When I opened the 'Braun" envelope the whole assembly fell apart. I contacted them and ws told to send photographs and to send the item back. I did both. This was weeks ago and though I have contacted them again I still have not heard from them . Again I repeat DO NOT BUY FROM MOOSADO

Sydney, NSW

• 2 helpful votes

Convenient eBay Online Shopping

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I have been an eBay buyer for more than twelve years, mainly music CD's and DVD's, but many other things too, I've had very little trouble with my purchases and would say from my experience 99% of eBay sellers are honest and trustworthy which is a wonderful thing, maybe I have been luckier than most, on the very few occasions that I have had a problem I've been able to resolve the issue with the seller, but on the occasions that I have had to contact eBay Customer Support they have been most helpful and friendly to resolve the issue with a happy outcome.

I feel confident and secure with eBay as I use PayPal and I seem to be purchasing more each year from eBay and less from normal retailers, I find it very convenient plus saving me money and as long as this status quo remains with good Customer Service and Support I will continue to be a loyal customer to eBay.

Waterloo

• 3 comments

Verified Customer

No Help with graysonline purchase

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Purchased a laptop had 12 mths warranty...died in mid July....contacted seller graysonline took 7 weeks to organise and return my laptop for repairs it came back and still does not work...now for some reason I cannot message through ebay to the seller have been blocked. ebay have refused to fix the issue. WHY???

EBay and abusive sellers Pity negative rating not provided because it must be a full fail rating.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

Have been a member of E-Bay since 2006 and for buying unusual computer bits had found it very useful for finding odd items. Recently since June 2017 have had very bad experiences and an abusive seller. Having read many of the reviews it seems my problems with E Bay / PayPal are well known. Most recently sought information from Seller Deviliniron for more address information because offer had personal pick up in Chadstone (also had East Malvern as an address). Response was first Chadstone (ie no Street name, etc) then when a more adequate address info again sought the reply was "get screwed". Seller listed with 0 negative yet aggressively rude. It escalated after that with a stream of expletives from the seller. While I did not use expletives free "mutual character analysis" was offered.

I note the 100 % positive ratings all used well worn similar phrasing and am somewhat sceptical. Whether or not it was a one off and I simply got the seller on a "bad day" or not, it remains that the sellers conduct in this matter was disgusting and irrational (as well as just "raging and angry").

The lunacy is that of a seller offering goods yet denying sufficient address information (this was pre-bid but relevant to my making a bid). One might expect a rational seller to help a buyer decide to buy the items. Seemed a very "angry" person when an address sufficient to allow personal collection (ie a Street name would be sufficient) was sought (yet was a term of the seller's "offer"). No delivery was offered only "Free personal pickup".

There is no point in getting into debate or attempting to reason with such a person. It is folly to attempt it.

My main concern is such abuse is contrary to claimed E Bay rules yet inaction to date reveals indifference. Similar E Bay "assistance" in another different matter (no ordered delivered item) happened a few months ago. E Bay has some benefits but they are do not provide effective care for this buyer (and going by other reviews many others).

In the prior ten years I did not have such experiences apart from several years delay in advising of hackers breaking into its database( circa 2013-14). Despite E Bay's advantages in locating odd items the experience is so hit and miss with recent poor control and attention by E Bay I look forward to using other on-line markets. The sooner Amazon opens in Australia the better!

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Allowing Misleading Advertising & Poor Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Purchased a Watch advertised as Genuine, made in Japan & stainless steel casing. In fact the watch is NOT made in Japan & Case is not Full stainless steel as advertised. After purchasing it & noticed the watch is stamped Made in China on the partially stainless steel case I brought it to the Seller & Ebay attention however neither are fixing the advertisement or refunding payment of the watch.

Canberra

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Using eBay is fine.. until you need them to do anything. A buyer's experience. PayPal is a better wa

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

This is not a review of individual sellers on eBay, this is a review of eBay itself, their "buyer's protection" and their customer service. If you're in a hurry, I'll sum it up and say: "Don't count on either the protection or the customer service", complain using the credit card company or PayPal if you used them for the transaction.

I have been a loyal eBayer for well over a decade. I bought many things at discounted prices, and was generally happy with the products. I recall receiving emails about how eBay offered "buyer protection", which I hoped I'd never need, but felt reassured by eBay offering that service, so I kept using their online marketplace for years.

In late July 2017, I won an auction on a high-end Oppo UDP-203 4K bluray player. I paid my money via PayPal within minutes of it ending (I enjoy a 100% positive ranking), and was informed that it was posted a few days later. Keeping an eye on the tracking, I was soon notified that it had arrived at the nearest Post Office and I went to pick it up.

What I received, was a small, 1mm thick yellow envelope, with a parcel label on it, with a torn out page inside that was clearly from an Australian Yellow Pages phone book.. it was the part of the contents section (of the book) that just happened to include Audio/Visual suppliers. Yep, I had just paid roughly $1000 for a page of a phone book.

Naturally I reported this to the seller, they weren't helpful at all. So I asked eBay to step in on my behalf. They closed the incident within a few hours and stated: "You're not eligible for the buyer's protection". That's everything that eBay said.

"Huh?!"

Meanwhile, I reported this to the police (they have records of the evidence at least), I've complained to Australia Post for potentially losing it, I got no assistance from the seller whatsoever. No one wanted to help, and it of course, regardless of who I spoke with, it was someone else's problem.

So in response to eBay's ridiculous position, I did a bit of research, and found the page where eBay.com.au proudly states the terms and conditions of their buyer's protection. The item had to either:

1. Not be delivered.
2. Be significantly different from what was advertised.

Now, you could argue that this situation could fit either or both cases. I did not get the bluray player I ordered (condition 1), or you could argue that a phone book page is significantly different from a high end bluray player (condition 2). So I naturally appealed their decision, pointing to their own terms and conditions. The response:

"The decision in the first instance was correct, sorry".

Now this is the level of communication you can expect. Not only had I been either defrauded (by the seller) or robbed (by someone while it was in transit) they did absolutely nothing, no explanation. It was like being hit in the chest, and betrayed by someone you'd been dealing with for years. They didn't even suggest who I can try next!

Enter PayPal...

So, having used PayPal, I have now contacted them, and they investigated the situation. Now, a little known caveat about complaining to PayPal, is that you automatically close the eBay complaint by using PayPal's system. However, since I was experiencing some technical issues lodging my complaint using their website, I called their hotline, and have at least had a conversation with them.

I was asked two weeks later to provide documented evidence of my police report. I had an emailed response with the report number, and an Australian Federal Police slip which had some of the details on it... but it didn't have the requisite signature of the police officer. So I uploaded electronic copies of what I had, and intended to go back to the Police station and get the documentation with description of the problem, the police officers name, badge, signature, and of course the job number, all on a police letterhead, and upload that in a second attempt.

Note: Don't ask for a copy of the report. Instead, ask for a LETTER confirming that you made a report with all the required details. Otherwise you need to use the "Freedom of Information Act", and you'll never get that in the 72 hours I was given by PayPal to provide evidence.

Second Note: Now let me tell you that you have one shot to upload documentation to PayPal. I went to the Police, got what PayPal wanted, and found that I couldn't upload any more documents. Fortunately, my first batch of information was apparently sufficient.

A few more business days later, I was informed that I was going to get a refund from PayPal.

Now maybe it's unfair to say that eBay is worth one star, since I had over 180 transactions before I had a problem. However, I do think the fact that eBay is unquestionably exaggerating the buyer protection that they claim to provide, and that dishonesty gives me pause when considering shopping with them. I would probably have less issue if they just said "Hey, you buy at your own risk". I also feel that their utter lack of customer support is indicative of their commitment to providing a safe online shopping environment.

So if you've garnered information from this, and you find yourself in a similar situation, I can summarize by saying:

1. Make a complaint on eBay, and try to sort it out with the seller directly.
2. The eBay complaints system is practically non-existent. You're better off complaining to PayPal or your credit card company for buyer protection. (Whichever you used for that particular transaction).
3. Report serious issues to the Police, to your financial institution, and if that doesn't work, start considering the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, or the department of Fair Trade.

It is quite possible that I will never deal with eBay again. I just hope Amazon brings new blood into the Aussie online marketplace, then maybe eBay will actually realise that treating customers poorly isn't an acceptable business model.

I hope you found this helpful!

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

ebay cares more about sellers than buyers

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

This is the second time Ive had trouble buying from ebay. I bought a product from ebay recently and the product that was sent to me was not what was advertized, when I tried to contact ebay, there was no method for me to file a complaint, they kept leading me back to the seller who never replied or to paypal which is a separate company.
The online form stated it didnt recognize my purchase!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

shopping made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

i can look on ebay and compare the products I want to purchase with other sites , but they always seem cheaper on ebay. I have not had any trouble with the products and the delivery has always been on time. i'm a happy shopper

Melbourne

• 13 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Items located overseas purported to be located in Australia. eBay takes no action.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

I frequently look for clothing items on eBay and limit my search to "Items located in Australia". But I have noticed that many overseas sellers put their location to be in Australia even though they are wholly based overseas. I've even had email correspondence from those sellers who have state it is a "technical error" and are working to fix it. I have reported individual sellers so many times to eBay and eBay has done nothing about it. Those same sellers continue so supply false location details with the full support of eBay.

eBay has NO interest in ensuring that sellers provide truthful information about their business. eBay is an unethical organisation that knowingly supports propagation of false information.

Lost item

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Same thing happened to me I ordered shoe rack for $140 and they told me that it was delivered to me which i didnt receive when I opened the case and asked for refund the same afternoon they sent me an email that I wont be getting any refund and the case was shut. I thought Ebay was a reliable organisation but its just any other online store. Order from ebay at your own risk.

ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Ebay is just ok infact I'd prefer not to shop on it. In smallest print ever it will tell you if you buy from India it may not ship it to you but many can't see that and so buying from India is a pain.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Irresponsible!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2017

Order an item on Ebay which cost $300 including shipping. The tracking showed me it was successfully delivered but in fact I didn't receive anything. Contact ebay and they told me to open the case. Then their response was my case was close and I wouldn't get refund. I appeal to them and say I spent money how can it make any sense when you just simply say I won't get anything and close my case?! At least the carrier who takes care of shipping should be responsible for lost item. They still keep the same result. I used to think Ebay was safe to purchase and buyers will be supported and protected but now I have terrible experience! Feel really annoyed and disappointed!

1 of 30 pages

any purchase 1080p high definition security camera system on ebay? i found all it is 720P if the seller is registered from CHINA. i report the issue to ebay, they don't care about this. anyone know who regulate ebay in australia. this company only want get their commission and doesn't care anything else now.

eva asked on Apr 13, 2017

Answer this

Id recommend using PayPal if you're using eBay as they hold the funds for 21 days and if you don't receive your ordered item you have more chance to get your money back and if you're still concerned then you're better not to take the risk

Just sold a few things on Ebay. Has anyone experienced the 21 days hold of funds? Ebay expects us to send the items to the buyer but do they realize that the postage payment is being with held? Has anyone got around this issue?

sgamble1989 asked on Jan 09, 2017

Answer this

Had this happened with one buyer.
Think it is to do with the buyer personally; they probably have an option to confirm payment after the item(s) have arrived.
Sadly that sale ended up as a refund so couldn't provided further info.
Could be to do with the payment methods as well but not sure.

Yes, if you have sold under 25 items they will hold the money for 21 days. So if you need to pay postage or pay for your stock forget about doing it during that period. Once you hit the 25 sales new payment clear straight away. I am now past the 25 but still waiting for the cleared payments of the initial sales. Not to mentioned there fees are highway robbery! good luck to Aussie sellers, terrible platform to sell on but if your happy making a few dollars (literarily) on items around $100 go for it oh and if you don't mind waiting a month for money to come through, because the sellers don't have bills to pay apparently (or postage to send the product)

Yes i know of the 21 days and it's a precautionary measure to protect the buyer and seller as the product may take some time to get delivered in snail mail courier services or the item may be faulty - i usually use PayPal account - it's way better at least in my opinion

has anyone bought from OZ-Deals on ebay

jwaussie asked on Oct 12, 2016

Answer this

I bought a phone from this companyon ebay. It was suppose to be new but Apple proved it was two years old and had been worked upon by a third party. I made a claim in vcat and a order has been issued for the Company to refund the cost of the phone plus they are liable for court costs.