Pugga Retractable Dog Leash

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Review done previously blaming the seller for missing parcel. Now I realize the fault had nothing to do with her. I would like to apology and change the transaction to 5 stars excellent service.

PC Graphic Cards Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

eBay knowingly lets Chinese sellers peddle fake Graphic Cards, thousands of them. Made a police complaint. Out of jurisdiction. If you buy one it under performs. A program called GPU-Z tests the cards. Then you find out its an old chipset. eBay knows all this but wont stop it as its a money earner. How can you tell its fake before buying? they are cheap.

Perth

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Ebay declares 'case closed' when item delivered to wrong address and never received

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Item purchased from eBay was not received. No tracking number provided so couldn't follow up with Australia Post. Ebay eventually replied to say it was delivered and the case was closed. After much follow up effort with Aust Post we were shown a photo of where it was left - clearly it was not the correct address. The seller and eBay declined to say what address had been provided by the seller and reiterated 'case closed'. EBay accepted no responsibility despite no doubt taking their cut of the money we handed over for goods never received. Simply unethical and lazy. We were robbed by eBay, don't use this company!

Melbourns

Dubious buyer support

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

I have used eBAY sporadically, some great purchases to be made here, from experience any issues with a dodgy seller leaves the purchaser doing the hard yards recouping monies paid. While eBAY have a money back guarantee, they need to take over and sort it on behalf of the buyer.

• 6 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

appalling customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

unfortunately there are alot of scamming buyers on hear and shockingly seem to manipulate ebay very easily. Instead of ebay using common sense and looking at loyalty % positive feedback ebay opts for these scumbags instead which outcome would end poorly for ebay as honest sellers will sell elsewhere leaving only the lowlives left on this ebay.

Private message

eBay is going downhill quickly. Now I am a happy Amazon customer.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

First of all I am a long time user of eBay as a seller and buyer. Recently I have noticed it deteriorate into a really poor experience - especially for buyers. eBay will protect the sellers even if they are in the wrong so they can still collect fees.

Recently I purchased an item from a seller which I chose specifically because they stated they use Australia Post. The item ended up coming via Fastway which I'm sure everyone knows are a diabolical courier service. As a result, the item never arrived. The seller stated it had been successfully delivered and sent a screenshot of the drivers GPS for delivery showing the wrong building... I escaled this to eBay after the seller refused to do anything and they closed the case again stating it was successfully delivered. I appealed this with further information and it was denied. Not one person would acknowledge my main frustration over the seller using Fastway and they treated me like a thief.

A month later the seller sends an email stating after investigation with Fastway the item was indeed wrongly delivered and if i reversed my negative feedback he would sent me the item again or give me a refund. This seller and eBay can stick the refund up there butt as I am now a happy Amazon customer.

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

High fees, no protection for sellers, unable to leave negative feedback

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

No protection for sellers for unrealistic buyers who have used the purchased product and then demand a refund! Unable to leave negative feedback though should be my right! Ebay should not be allowed to withhold funds from my account! Look into other selling points, there are more choices out there

warnbro

Private message

warranties not worth the paper they are written on & E-bay will not intervene.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Seller refused to honor warranty, so complained to e-bay but they are obviously more interested in looking after the sellers as they are the ones who pay e-bay....
Seller advertises to be based in Australia, but products shipped from China, when you try and bring up warranty issues they start speaking/typing in Chinglish and you just cant proceed, so frustrating that you just give up & E-bay is not interested in protecting consumers as we dont pay them any commissions. i personally will never buy anything off e-bay again........long live amazon.

Gold coast

Verified Customer

I am being ignored by the company I bought from

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

pueri-led,is the name of the person I bought 2 throw blankets I bought ,when I was advised by Pueri-led they didn't have white throw blankets I wanted to cancel my order after being ignored I was sent throw blankets I didn't want as I had bought them elsewhere when I was told they didn't have any ,now I want a refund and I want to return the items I received I am being ignored again , don't do business with these people because once they have your money ,they ignore you ,so PLS be careful pueri-led is not a customer friendly business .

• 5 comments
  • 20 helpful votes
Private message

ebay is now corrupt, negligent and the worst internet consumer site in the history of the universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

A seller advertised a product incorrectly. It was a remote control for a garage door costing $15 and when it arrived I requested a refund. The seller refused to provide a postage tracker for the return so I returned the item at my own cost to the seller.

Two weeks later the seller has not provided the refund, so I looked for a contact to ebay and it took me nearly half an hour to find a chat facility. ebay told me that unless I sent the return via tracking postage that the seller was not obliged to provide me with a refund and ebay would do nothing to help me.

At no stage prior to sending the return to the seller did ebay notify me of this policy and I was not going to spend $10 to return a $15 item as the $10 is not protected by the consumer guarantees on my credit card.

When I informed ebay of this, they told me that if I clicked on the return button after receiving the item, that implied I had such an advanced knowledge that I understood processes that I was not informed about. They were saying because I clicked on "Return" when receiving the wrong product I understood all the policies about returns even when I was not informed of those policies.

When reading this review, you may think that a company as large as ebay wouldn't say that because a consumer clicked on a big button that appears in front of them, that they suddenly are aware of processes they aren't informed about. Please see an extract of the chat between ebay and myself below.

The chat I have provided was towards the end of a long chat session where ebay refused to answer my question about whether they were going to provide me with a refund. Up until the final response from them I was getting the run around with comments like "we understand how you feel".

01:14:27 UTC [name removed]
Michael, we don't have that notification in our system since buyers in eBay will know this process once they contacted eBay for further assistance.

01:15:43 UTC buyers in ebay will know the process once they contact ebay for assistance. I have no idea of the process and just clicked on the return item button.

01:16:02 UTC mickmaka***
how is me clicking on a big return item button acknowledgement that i know the process

01:16:06 UTC mickmaka***
you people are a joke

01:16:17 UTC mickmaka***
are you providing a refund or not?

01:16:45 UTC name removed]

• 16 answers
Private message

Handled a potential problem beautifully

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

I had a small dispute with a seller... EBay staff took the whole thing over and resolved quickly ..the phone went back. Postage taken care of. Full refund...

• 20 helpful votes
Private message

Charge you for things you don’t sell

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

I advertised some tyres with my phone number for pick up the tyres didn’t sell but because I had a phone number listed eBay still charged $33 for a sale that never happened and refused to reverse their decision there just rougues

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Buy from Australia and maybe wait months for it to come from China - protect yourself.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

This is the second purchase I have made of an item that was advertised as being in Sydney and being sent by Aus Post. Tracking number turns up with WINIT on it and in Chinese with no point of origination provided with a delivery time of over a month. ebay were not very interested the first time this occurred and I complained to them. This behavior by vendors is rife.
Not sure how GST gets paid either? ATO ?
Protect yourself by either:
1. Considering not buying from ebay
2. If you do so, click on the vendor and see where they are registered. My advice would be to skip those registered in China unless you are happy to wait.
3. Ignore any reference as to where the item is being sent from.

FURTHER UPDATE: Item has arrived more quickly than anticipated, but looks as if it originated O/S but very hard to tell. Certainly did not come via Aus Post as stated in the advert. Ebay to their credit is pursuing this to see if they can resolve the origin of the item and I believe they are genuine in this effort. I have increased my star rating as a result.

Had a great experience with a local vendor on ebay before Christmas, and feel very sorry for the many local and honest vendors.

Private message

THIS CASE IS NOW CLOSED!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

How can they close a case when i haven't received the item!!???
Could not pick up item from Big W because l was not provided a pin to pick up. They took my ph number and said they would call if they found it. NO CALL.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

EBay is the WORST.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

Dealing with ebay is an absolute c*nt.
I've lost count the amount of times I couldn't log in because the site simply said my password was incorrect when it wasn't.
I couldn't even look at the tracking of an item I purchased.
NEVER EVER AGAIN will I ever buy anything on eBay EVER AGAIN.
Worst mistake.

• 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

eBay reads your messages

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

I bought an item from a seller outside of eBay. Next thing I know I get an email warning me if I do it again I will be suspended. So some creep was reading my messages WITHOUT PERMISSION don't use eBay. You have no privacy and their fees are a rip off. They also don't allow sellers to give negative feedback.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Should be investigated for extortion

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Ebay is one of the worst websites, borderline criminal, should be under criminal investigation. Ebay extorts money from sellers by charging excessive fees to sell items.
Ebay is nothing more than a criminal enterprise making money from sellers, taking half of what you sell your items for by charging you a fee.
DO NOT USE EBAY, just DON'T USE IT.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Port Melbourne, VIC

• 24 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 35 helpful votes

PAID THREE TIMES FOR THE ONE TRANSACTION

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

I purchased tickets online with eBay and she was also advertising them on Gumtree. I paid for my transaction on eBay and then received a notice of refund. An unpaid invoice requesting payment was received so I paid again as I wanted the tickets. She refunded and I paid again and received the tickets. $1200 for a $400 transaction which at Christmas is now when you want to lose money from your bank account. eBay does not want to deal with the issue and has ignored my complaint which is unsatisfactory.

Estimate delivery

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

I made an Order on eBay 18th December 2018 the tracking number is EBA00895085301008380905
For the last 6days it has been saying shipment information received by Australian post,

Perth

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Do not sell on ebay, seller has no protection and buyer can get away easily while violating eBay pol

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

Selling on eBay can be the worst nightmare. A buyer can claim he has not received the item and eBay can fully refund the buyer even though I have the proof of delivery. In my case I got Australia Post to investigate a registered shipment and USPS confirmed the buyer has received it and signed for it. Australia Post also forwarded me the proof of delivery with the buyer's signature from USPS. When I tried to get eBay Australia to investigate this matter, they still think the proof of delivery is not convincing enough. Not only I am making a loss (the item, shipping cost, eBay fees and PayPal fees), but also wasting my time and energy to post the item. The seller protection they promised was pretty useless.

1 of 48 pages

Can u buy gel blasters of ebay from overseas sellers without a permit?

frostykilla asked on Oct 04, 2018

Answer this

you can buy anything you want, but if it is a ‘declared’ item, or something that resembles a firearm, it will be confiscated at the border/port of entry. Talking from experience. AustFedParliament is currently (2018) looking at regs re gelblasters; but even if the Fed allows them in they’re still banned from being brought into Vic.

Has ebay stopped the Auto relist on the site as ine tried to make edits on the listings and within the last few days the box you tick to auto relist ,isnt there???

head asked on Jul 07, 2018

Answer this

Hi, ebay do endless updates and have Mc Screwed squillions of sellers shops. For the last 2 years there has been a severe problem where 1/2 of my stock photos are completely deleted, stuff that sold a year ago is now relisted again???- and so far I have found 200 sold items back up for sale???some items are listed twice, some now have 30 days only for the duration instead of auto list, 61 of my items have only x1 photo left- I also have 400 odd items that are just gone and missing in action... f**K knows where they vanished to??? It's fair to say that my ebay days are over. It will take me a good year to fix the mess and this is now the 2nd time it's happened.

No idea about this

I’m thinking of buying a couch off eBay can anyone tell me of their experiences please?

Kim asked on Jun 20, 2018

Answer this

I wouldn't although being a buyer you have more rights and protection on Ebay, but I say look else where first. If you have not already purchased it from Ebay.