Brisbane

• 6 helpful votes

Ruthless and dishonest

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Listed a lounge for $1700. A buyer wanted to inspect and they sent me their mobile ph. My account was then suspended, and I was accused of attempting to sell offline. I shut down all listings as I was annoyed. They then send me a sellers invoice for $185 based on a suspicion that I sold offline. I still have the item and can prove it. Have had to lodge a complaint through the ACCC. Absolutely hate this site now. I used to love eBay but I now have a bad taste in my mouth.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers

Verified Customer

eBay and Australia Post are nothing but a bunch of thieves and ripoff merchants. I will never use th

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Never ever use the print a postage label from a Australia post, ebay will bill you $15 per label! You print it yourself and they charge you $15 per label. I have closed my ebay account.

I will never use eBay again.

Brisbane

• 9 comments
  • 33 helpful votes
Private message

ebay Rules & Regulations - ridiculous!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

Recently, I mistakenly advised a "seller" on ebay of my new email address!!! My account has, because of my not being aware that this was a HUGE sin against ebay (albeit innocently committed), been suspended temporarily!! I called their extremely (Unhelpful) Help desk and explained exactly how my mistake came about and my ignorance of this rule. All to no avail. My account remains suspended and the seller remains without a sale to me because of their rigidity in their ridiculous rules. So, I will call the seller direct and by-pass ebay now and in the future!!

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Flat out refused to honour the offer they sent me!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

I have been a member of EBay since 1999! These days I use their Android app, from which they sent me an offer via a notification from the app "List & Sell for $3. Final Value Fees are capped to $3! Applies to first 100 listings..." This is a great offer, as those Final Value Fees are the killer - they're normally 10.9%.

Upon opening the app, the response was "Unfortunately, this promotional offer is by invitation only." This is clearly absurd, since the notification itself constituted an invitation! Imagine if I'd invited you to my wedding, and when you turned up, I said "ya can't come in mate, you need an invite..."

I contacted EBay several times about this. On 2nd last occasion the telephone rep assured me that the promo would be credited to my account within 2 hours! But this didn't happen...

On last occasion I spoke with another telephone rep who told me that the invitation was either sent accidentally due to a glitch with their system; or... and get this... "maybe it was sent fraudulently..." (which if true, would make BIG international IT news!)

Anyway he said they would not make good on the offer. I have now referred the matter to NSW Fair Trading, since making an offer and then refusing to honour it is a breach of Australian Consumer Law. Luckily eBay Australia & New Zealand Pty Ltd has an office (or at least a postal address) in Sydney.

What's more, a google search reveals that this practice appears to be common with EBay, with many other people complaining of this and similar offers not being honoured, and not just recently either.

Sick of ebay too.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

I have been a seller for over 15 years and made ebay heaps of money of my sales. They are increasingly difficult to contact (I am deaf) and this is no email option just an onerous and slow chat. Non paying bidders have just cost me $ 166 and there's little opportunity to get that back. I share much of the sentiment of other sellers. No opportunity to leave negative feedback, I have been defamed, etc. Sellers send the wrong goods and I have to do ALL their work to send the item back. Bought from another seller (apparently related when I asked specifically not to deal with them again and asked to be a blocked bidder as they caused me so much greif) and the goods substandard and consistantly asked for photographs which would show nothing. You can't photograph an experience.

Port Pirie

• 1 answer

Ebay is a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I am really fed up with ebay.
They take X amount of money from my sales, allow buyers to leave incorrect, defamatory feedback because the 'buyer always wins'
I am now refusing to buy or sell anything on that site.
They are not the cheapest option anymore. The site is overrun by scammers and i am so sick of their inconsistencies.

EBay and PayPal I think they're big cons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

There's cons go through their system and selling people goods after eBay or PayPal gets their money they don't want to give it back and keep it time after time will not refund until you have an argument after month to month you might get your money back. Australia government needs to look into this and shut these guys down or get them off their butt and clean their act.

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

Ebay has millions of listings why they charge final value fees is beyond me because insertion fees should be enough. I sold over $6000 worth of items. My profit should have been roughly $900. Ebay is already taking $575 just in fees and that doesn't include PayPal fees? Thieves! I have to keep an eye out on my credit card because once they automatically withdraw the fees I'll be left shortchanged. Facebook Market Place and gumtree are the way to go.

Long term eBay user shafted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

I purchased an item on eBay. The Seller cancelled the item so I purchased the item from another seller. The first buyer (even thou cancelled) charged me for the item and sent me the item so now I have two items. I contacted eBay asking for a refund as the first buyer had no interest in giving me a refund and ebay shafted me saying it is a PayPal issue.
I cannot even post a review on the seller as they do not exist because it was cancelled. I cannot believe eBay / PayPal cannot deal with this issue.

Rip Off Seller Fees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I sold a $90 collectible card, and then paypal held the money from me for 2+ weeks even though I've been an honest user for over 10 years. Finally I'm charged a seller fee of $9.80!

Be Careful Shop On Ebay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

I always shopped on ebay & loved it until you get problems. I purchased a tablet which in less 3 months it's already dead. The seller here-2buy wrote au warranty and phone no provided were all lied and now they disappeared. The problem was ebay did not check the decency of their sellers so I assume many other fraud businesses on ebay. When I contacted they throw responsibility to paypal with their buyer protection. It's really irresponsible and not a safe place to shop.

Thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

Ebay steal from sellers. They have no ethics whatsoever snd are only interested in making as much money as possible by ripping off the sellers who make all their money. If i could give zero stars I would!!!!

Guildford

Addicted to it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

I love ebay so much you can find anything on this website most products have reviews prices are excellent and they always have sales.

Adelaide

Private message

Ebay restricted my account for no valid reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

I sent my mobile number to a prospective buyer, who did not purchase, Ebay 'presumed' the buyer had purchased simply because I offered my mobile number. I removed the listing because I sold the item via Gumtree and Ebay took it upon themselves to restrict my account without any proof of purchase.
Also charging final value fees on postage is a total rip off.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Shame for eBay for becoming scammers heaven, they don’t care about users, all they care is their pro

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2017

Totally agree with all the reviews, if you are buying or selling on eBay these days, you better be blessed with good luck. eBays so called protection does not exist, they do not care about you for a second after they got your money. Some sad cases after selling on eBay for a few years as a small, private seller:
1. A zero feedback buyer registered an account 5 minutes before purchasing my brand new designer handbag, as an inexperienced seller, I took the risk send her the bag after received paypal payment. Two hours after received the bag, the buyer started return request stating my item “doesn’t seem authentic”, I provided original receipt but ebay said it doesn’t mean anything, they cannot ignore a buyers request like that, decision was to return bag to me, both way postage on me. I called ebay asking what evidence the buyer provided to prove my bag was fake as I have been selling my own designer items on eBay for years and nobody ever claimed my bag to be fake, and I bought the bag myself directly from the boutique and provided the receipt to ebay and buyer, I really wondered what kind of evidence this zero rating buyer provided. The ebay customer service guy assumed I was the buyer and the first thing he said to me was “we have given you 20 days to send proofs but you didn’t”, so apparently the buyer could not provide any proof and just accusing my bag doesn’t “seem” authentic! Yet ebay still forced me to accept the return! After realised I was the seller, the customer service guy then told me I could appeal by getting the manufacturer to writing a letter to say the item is authentic, after I received the return. What a joke, buyer doesn’t need any proof to force return, my original receipt doesn’t mean anything. The best part is, my bag was never returned, and ebay doesn’t care, as tracking no showed THEM bag delivered. The only suggestion they had for me is to contact Australian post or buyer, and the tracking no was never even provided to me, what a joke!
Case 2: another brand new hand bag sold, tracking showed buyer received on Wednesday, one week later return request received, reasons being tag price on bag is lower than rrp $ I put in description, I explained to buyer and ebay, tag price is us price as bag bought in us, rrp$ is aussies price, also showed screenshots of us and Aussie prices on official website to prove (the funny thing is buyer got the bag for half of the us $ price anyway), again decision was for me to accept return and pay both way postage. Bag returned this time, but badly used and scratched, the shameful scamming buyer clearly used my new bag for an event and then started a return case one week later after the even, her user name actually sounded like he or she is an event organizer. I immediately reported to ebay and send photos of bag before and after, ebay said, sorry we are not going to do anything.
Sadly, no more ebay for me, and if you are a seller on ebay, be very very careful choosing who you are dealing with please, as you are 100% on your own dealing with shameful scammers, after you paid your eBay fees, as that seems to be the only thing they care about. I’m sure they have lots of unhappy customers like me so to shut us all up, they have no customer relations department for complaints, the only person you can reach are those overseas call centre people, but unlike other call centers, they are not trained to help you or solved your problems, they are trained to drag your time and tiring you, so you are going nowhere but away with your problems. Shame on you ebay, no more ebay and as less paypal as possible now, they do not deserve our money.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

I am really happy with eBay as it stops the seller with a bad quality and supports you to get the money back if you are not happy.

Adelaide

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 answers
Private message

It's pretty much the end - ciao Ebay!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

Mostly Ebay.au - I'm pulling the plug on using Ebay to sell stuff - Other private sellers are stopping with the auction format. The listing fee's are unjustifiable, I predict a rapid decay of Ebay.

Competition is rearing all over the net at the moment. Even retailers on the high street are winning the war - No fee's. The King is Dead..

Only good as a ref point now and the very very few difficult to get items every other 6 - 12 months.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Wellington

Verified Customer

Beautiful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

A few weeks ago I purchased a violin off of eBay, the product arrived super early. The packaging and the instrument were both beautiful, it came with all the nessecites that I needed. Overall I'm completely content with my item and I would definitely buy another one.

Ebay stops you paying for items you think you bought!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

Buyers with PO Box for delivery are often blocked from purchasing your goods. If your product is not selling this just may be the reason why.

Terrible Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2017

I have bought a product from E bay( Item ID-391809221232) on 15 October 2017. They assure me to deliver the goods before 24 October But till now the product cannot be delivered to my address.

1 of 32 pages

This is 2017. I recently used the service from ebay and right after my purchase, my account got blocked. I was busy and waited for awhile but after 2 months, my parcel never arrived. And when I contacted ebay, the seller posted the postage on their own ebay website and when I tried to verify this with the Royal Mail, the item was posted 1 week before my account was even created. I tried reasoning with ebay customer service, but they were still "unwilling" to reinstall my account and gave some vague reasons that my details need verifications. Without pointing to me what information needs to be verified and without trying to guide me on how to accomplish this. Personally, I think this company must be debt-ridden and unwilling to get rid of the scammers as long as they are able to get their commission and bottom line despite knowing that some buyers are being cheated.

Yongjia W asked on Oct 10, 2017

Answer this

Hey YongJia, yeh ebay has lost the plot-they are killing their own business and their reputation is in the gutter and been there for a while now. I am in the process of transitioning all of my worldy goods for sale to:- " ebid.com.au "'- so check it out- small in comparison but you can transfer all of your feedback scores and for a $50 initial lifetime member fee+ 2% upon sale it is a heap better, plus you can elect to sell only in Australia. Currently on ebay I pay 9.5% comission on sales+ 9.5% on the cost of postage as well!!! Who does that??? Greedy ebay does! So forget about ebay and do yourself a favour- go the- ebid.com.au- and spread the word!!!!
Best Wishes-The Bonsai Lady.

Ebay unfortunately does have allot of dishonest sellers and buyers. Trying to tell good from bad is difficult. To sell is not so cheap, to buy is easier and mostly cheaper but don't expect a warranty on items. Your experience explanation is a bit confusing. it seems you bought items which resulted in the seller laying a complaint of money not paid to him which resulted in a strike to you and banning of your account and therefore item not sent or your method of payment was not accepted or got cancelled or bounced. If this is so then I suggest you phone them again and try explaining. If one person is not helpful ask for a supervisor or email support. It is better to first have a verified account before trading but they do have guest features. Before you contact them read up on all policies so you know how to explain the problem in their terms.

any purchase 1080p high definition security camera system on ebay? i found all it is 720P if the seller is registered from CHINA. i report the issue to ebay, they don't care about this. anyone know who regulate ebay in australia. this company only want get their commission and doesn't care anything else now.

eva asked on Apr 13, 2017

Answer this

Id recommend using PayPal if you're using eBay as they hold the funds for 21 days and if you don't receive your ordered item you have more chance to get your money back and if you're still concerned then you're better not to take the risk

Forget ebay and start selling and buying at:- "ebid.com.au". For a $50 initial lifetime fee+2% commission on sales it is peanuts in comparison, with 'HONEST sellers, not as big but getting bigger every day-So spread the word....
The Bonsai Lady

Just sold a few things on Ebay. Has anyone experienced the 21 days hold of funds? Ebay expects us to send the items to the buyer but do they realize that the postage payment is being with held? Has anyone got around this issue?

sgamble1989 asked on Jan 09, 2017

Answer this

Had this happened with one buyer.
Think it is to do with the buyer personally; they probably have an option to confirm payment after the item(s) have arrived.
Sadly that sale ended up as a refund so couldn't provided further info.
Could be to do with the payment methods as well but not sure.

Yes, if you have sold under 25 items they will hold the money for 21 days. So if you need to pay postage or pay for your stock forget about doing it during that period. Once you hit the 25 sales new payment clear straight away. I am now past the 25 but still waiting for the cleared payments of the initial sales. Not to mentioned there fees are highway robbery! good luck to Aussie sellers, terrible platform to sell on but if your happy making a few dollars (literarily) on items around $100 go for it oh and if you don't mind waiting a month for money to come through, because the sellers don't have bills to pay apparently (or postage to send the product)

Yes i know of the 21 days and it's a precautionary measure to protect the buyer and seller as the product may take some time to get delivered in snail mail courier services or the item may be faulty - i usually use PayPal account - it's way better at least in my opinion