Worst Customer Service Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

Bought an item from a seller. Seller says item was delivered, however I never got the item. Try to contact seller first, they never came back, only shared a tracking number without communication. Ask them again for solutions, 0 communication from seller. Raised case with ebay, they ruled out in favor of the seller, even when the seller has other reviews with the same issue. Easiest way I have ever lost 130 AUD. Ebay don't even offer solution, they didn't even do proper investigation only see attached tracking number, that doesn't even have my name or specific address. They could have attached another tracking number going to my suburb. Worst part is I still need the item and after 20 days of waiting I had to buy from other place obviously won't use ebay anymore. Amazon lot better even if now is a little bit more expensive, proper customer service, Ebay should learn.

They just do not want to do anything to defend the right of buyers.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Worst customer service in the world.
They protect sellers against buyer.
Just keep in mind, buyers support you till today, not the anual fees from sellers.
Without support from us, you and your sellers earn no money.
But, whatever, I said goodbye.

devonport

Incompetent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

I have sold on ebay for over ten years, as time goes on it feels like ebay strives to please its buyers and whole hard hardheartedly neglects its sellers. We are the reason ebay is what it is and it pays no attention to us! Ignorantly I made a few mistakes in selling which I rectified with a simple refund. Unknowingly this was striking me, putting me below standards on selling Four strikes and I was out, ebay simply considers me now to be tantamount to a brand new seller more than willing to steal customers money. Despite my high standing track record I am not nothing more than a financial infidel in the eyes of ebay.Its now a waiting game until each strike is deducted from my account.Until then all my sales are held for up 21 days, even tho I have not actually done the wrong thing, technically speaking.
Yet ebay fails to unhold my sales and they have told me this has been an ongoing issue. You would think after twenty three years of operation this would not be a problem, yet ebay fails at even attempting to assists its sellers that it is willingly killing.
With out us ebay will die and I do not think it acknowledges this.

• 9 helpful votes

Appalling customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

I will never buy on Ebay again. I was guaranteed reimbursement for $45.40 in postage paid to return a damaged item to a seller yet I have been struggling for five months to get Ebay to make good on its guarantee. According to an email from customer service dated 18 April 2018 “Since seller did not process the refund for return postage cost, eBay will cover it for you.” An email from customer service the following day states that a request was sent to Ebay’s Finance team and that it would take 10 to 15 business days for the money to be credited back to my PayPal account. As this did not occur I contacted customer service on 7 May 2018 and again on 22 May 2018 and was informed by representatives on both occasions that my payment was delayed due to a backlog of requests but that my request would be escalated. More than three months later payment still had not been made so I contacted customer service on 27 August 2018 (Ref #: 1-174772192037) and was told by a representative that he would “look into my case”. My request for an email update from him within forty-eight hours was also not forthcoming. Clearly Ebay has no intention of making good on its “guarantee” so I now have to waste more time lodging a complaint with Consumer Affairs Victoria.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

More reliable then I thought they would be.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Recently bought a monitor through eBay and a few other smaller item everything arrived on time with all products in perfect condition

Private message

Completely pathetic - needs a no star review

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

First i have received a faulty product that is useless and the seller continues to sell it after admitting all of this product is faulty. Ebay has been pathetic in regards to resolving the matter. They have stopped responding so now i have to complete a dispute with my bank and then I will be making a consumer affairs complaint. This account will be closed as soon as i get my money back and someone collects the rubbish product I have received.

I have attempted to close down an old ebay account and i can't close it until i pay money into a paypal account. Well guess what ebay. I'll be shutting down my paypal account now as well.

Ridiculous. The help takes you on a circle to no where and when i have interacted with people it has been patchy. Won't be shopping here ever again.

Canberra

Private message

Ebay reimbursement for return postage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Ebay promised me to reimburse a return postage as the seller dined not respond. Before sending back the item, ebay promised to provide a reimbursement as soon as I provide the receipt. I waited 10 days, no reimbursement. Contacted ebay, it says it would take 15 days all together. Waited for another 5 days, and I caontacted ebay and ebay told me that I will take another 15 “business days”. I called ebay right after the previous conversation; and yes they struggled to find the record!

What a joke?? Ebay = international scammer.

Private message

Very bad ! Expensive eBay fees and tax end of the item u sell !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Sold so many items few years backs , eBay fees were reasonable , but now it’s not !! U lose so much money end of the month when they send u a bill , after selling your item with eBay fees !! Would not recommend selling ,,, eBay is only good for buying !!! Please think twice before u put your item for sale on eBay !! Very bad never will sell on eBay ! eBay fees too high now !!!

• 5 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Shame on Ebay!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I recently ordered a new phone on eBay from a seller in China. I paid around $360 for it. It seemed to take a long time to arrive so I contacted the seller to ask when it's coming. They replied and told me it's been delivered. They gave me the phone number of the courier company and asked me to ring them. I called and they said it was delivered and left outside with no signature required!! I did not receive my phone. No one signed for it! I believe a passer by may have taken it. I opened a case with eBay and they said there will be no refund and they closed the case. I then appealed the case and they again said no refund and again closed the case. I have lost $360 dollars and just gave to accept it!! I am disgusted and furious with eBay over this. How can they let people sell items of value to the public that are delivered and dumped outside with NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED?!!! I will not buy much of eBay anymore as there is no good protection for the buyer. The Chinese seller received their money with no problem and I received nothing. What a joke! Shame on eBay!

Penrith

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

No delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I bought a pram liner on Ebay.The estimated delivery time has come and gone.The post office says the tracking number I have been given is wrong.It was coming by Aust Post.I have tried contacting the seller and ebay and it has been impossible.Luckily the pram liner was only a few dollars.I guess I cant do anything now.

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

EBay taxes and in Port charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

They're starting to adding import charges which is a ridiculous amount and taxes in Australia they are the biggest rip offs I think people are going to stop buying from eBay because of these scum off charges from the department.

BERWICK

Private message

ebay seems to get away with this!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

ebay in general...works well. Although it seems to favour the buyer more than the seller, but I have found a glitch in the not too easy to navigate system! ebay makes it so difficult to change anything after they have closed a sale.
Let's say you have an item to sell on auction. Your preferred methods of transaction are either PayPal or if its a pickup...cash.
All is well, buyer turns up looks at the goods then pays cash. Meanwhile ebay has sent you a message to despatch the item, then invoice once payment is made..... but wait you didn't post, & it's paid for, you did not have to spend the extra $20 postage. Yet ebay is quick to invoice you for the total amount.... sold amount plus postage. Lets say you had 3 items & each buyer lived locally picked up from you & paid cash ebay is already summing your monthly invoice, based on the extra $60. Yes It's only a couple of bucks, but you can get lost trying to change the amount and method of sale....ebay would make that extra percentage (sale amount plus postage) on the total amount they are entitled to & stated in their Terms & Conditions. I argued with ebay rep, he said it should have been agred & changed before the end of the auction.....but once auction ends so do negotiations.

UNFAIRLY BANNED FROM GREEDY EBAY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Have been a seller on eBay for a long time. You cannot share your information unless someone buys something. I have had to tell so many people “sorry, eBay doesn’t allow us to share...” An eBay member sent me a message containing their phone number - except that eBay don’t let phone numbers be shared so go figure! The item they enquired about sold in my retail shop the next day so I had to end the listing - this always happens - now I have been permanently banned because they think I communicated with that person & sold it to them! Disappointing that such a big company can be so greedy, ESPECIALLY when they let the number be shared!

Poor Quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Just got my order, it doesn't look good quality and I'm trying to write a review of my purchase and the page isn't working. Couldn't get help from customer service cause doesn't have one.
Poor, poor, poor... I was advised that eBay is very bad place to buy things, unfortunately I tried and I don't recommend anyone to buy anything from them..

Qld

• 6 helpful votes

Not worth it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I purchased a phone on eBay that is advertised as brand new but it was not.
Because I found out after 30 days eBay do not want to know about it.
I have provided ebay will all details they have done nothing.
So beware ebay don't seem to care if sellers are selling illegally or not. This seller has also been noted online from other users who have also been ripped off. OZ-Wonderland.
Buyers need to know this.
They also take a lot of money off sellers.
Its unfortunate cause there are legit sellers on there.

PERTH

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

eBay selling fake items

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

I purchased a pair of glasses on eBay as genuine they were not they were fake.
Because I found out after 30 days eBay do not want to know about it.
I have provided ebay will all details they have done nothing.
So beware ebay don't seem to care if sellers are selling illegally or not.
Buyers need to know this.

Private message

Great service but slightly expensive on selling

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2018

Ebay is great for buying secondhand items for cheap but for buying i see that they take too much money away when sold a item which i do not like.

Sydney

• 1 comment

Terrible customer service. Illegal transactions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

eBay error resulted in notice of $125 pending charge. Staff acknowledged error and assured me this would not go through, however amount still deducted from my bank account. They then advised 3-5 business days to get my money back which should’ve never been taken. Unprofessional/incompetent staff who don’t do their job, and a company that doesn’t hesitate processing illegal transactions.

They won't help at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

I was supposed to receive the product and post said they have delivered but i didn't received anything and call eBay they can't help because it say by post that is was placed in safe place. even when i was at home so eBay wouldn't care it has been this way for long time now

Greedy platform

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2018

A customer requested for a meetup for a pair of shoes with me, i hence agreed and agreed to do meet up. A few weeks after ebay came up and charging me 11% seller fees. It was not my fault when their own customers requested me for a meet up. Complained and received brutal rejection and judgement from the staff.

1 of 43 pages