• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Inaccurate rating system, favours sellers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

EBay's rating system is bias for sellers. I believe Product Review to be more accurate. I, and many other buyers, have had very bad dealings with Kasa Factory, Dandenongs, however EBay continues to give them good ratings of 93% positive feedback, vs One Star in Product Review.

Have a read of my issues with Kara and you decide for yourself.

"False Advertizing and Defective Product
1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017
- The goods received was not as advertise and is defective. I have two independent witnesses that can testify that the p
roduct did not work even when we followed the exact instructions. On the website, the seller mentioned that all you need is a motor and a bench top but still it does not work even after we followed everything to the letter.

- By the way, this has costs me a lot time and money to get it this far and still it does not work (Total of $1645 - $395 for kit, $450 for motor, bench top-$200, electrician $400, handyman $200). Should have bought the cheaper product from China.)

- When I rang the company (24th May, 2017), [name removed] rang back from their 1300718025 number and said that a lever is required for it to work. I rechecked the website and found no mention of a lever. On his website, there is only mention of motor and benchtop. He also said that the lever is in the videos, I researched all his videos, AND 50 OTHER videos on YouTube concerning Cone Screw Log Splitters, and have not seen a hint of levers and have no idea of how to get one let alone use one. I would not have purchase the product if I had known that there were extra things required on top of the already costly installation of the motor and bench top.

- [name removed] also said that he has sold many splitters, and will get someone to call me to advise me of how to use this product. So far not a single call.

- I SMS [name removed] on the mobile he rang me on the following day (25th May) and no reply. I had hope for a resolution that is fair, after all, it is a lot of money spent for a product that does not work.

- I rang [name removed] on the mobile he rang me on 29th May, he did not answer, and the call went to message bank.

- I rang KASA factory number 1300 718 025 on 29th May, left a message and no reply

- I am unable to return the product. When the product arrived, the box was mis-shapened and damaged. The product had moved around during transit and caused many holes in it. (See Images 7, 8, 9, 10). The delivery man said that it was badly packaged and not their fault. I had hoped that internally the product was undamaged but until the product was installed by the electrician and handyman, I had no idea of whether it is faulty or not. As the package is damaged, I cannot even use it to return the product even if I wanted to, and the company is interstate, which would cost another huge amount to return as the product weighed perhaps 5kg, and I would have spent thousand over dollars for the electrician, handyman, motor, and return postage for nothing."

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bad Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I have been selling and buying with ebay for a while. I have had nothing but good reviews. I recently got a bad review from a customer that out right lied. I contacted ebay to ask them to remove the review, but they refused even though there was evidence that the review was false.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Used to be the the "go to" selling site...not anymore

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Ebay was "the site" pre 2012ish I believe. Now, it is not good. Ebay allows false accounts to steal money from you with fake accounts continually, but hey, as like what happened to me, should you mention "happy for people to talk to me over the price" regarding something you're selling...that is WRONG...and you will have your account suspended and be charged fees. Ebay is a joke. There are much better, easier and cheaper ways of selling on the internet these days. Etsy, gumtree, craigslist. Ebay is headed to where "myspace" now lives....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 10 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 32 helpful votes
Private message

EBAY ARE OK UNTIL SOMETHING GOES WRONG......

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

Ebay rarely investigate the merits of a dispute as it costs them time and time is money. When they do pretend to investigate it is most often window dressing and irrational, conducted by computer bots and mindless customer service drones who read from a script. Invariably in probably 90% of cases they find in favour of the buyer no matter how compelling the evidence that the buyer is dishonest or untrustworthy.
Ebay are all about maximising profits and minimising effort. If that means doing unethical things like charging commission of the
sellers freight component, allowing false and slanderous negative feedback about a seller even if it can be proven to be either a mistake on the part of the buyer or other issue. They even stop sellers from leaving negative feedback for the occasional unreasonale buyer and dozens of other issues too numerous to mention.
They will hang sellers out to dry in a heartbeat, well, only after waiting a few days to make it appear that they have "investigated" .
Dont get me wrong 98% of my customers are good honest people but when we do strike a problem buyer we have no support from EBay, just false platitudes.
Explains why longtime reputable sellers are winding down their EBay exposure in preference to other platforms.
Wake up EBay or continue your decline.

Brisbane Australia

Private message

The Ebay bots are poorly programmed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

I won an eBay auction to purchase a car. The final bid price was above any reserve the seller may have specified to Ebay. The seller implemented stall tactics but did not directly ask for cancellation. They refused us to picking-up the car, but agreed to deliver car for a fee, which was fine by us. We waited all day, but seller did not show-up and car was not delivered per agreement. The PayPal did not work, no matter how many times we tried. Error code 70203 & 70083 was the only response obtained from PayPal. Ultimately seller refused to sell item and seller also did not want to pay what they may have owed eBay. Seller implemented an unpaid strike against myself, just to avoid paying what they owe to eBay. Seller was informed by us, at an early stage, that PayPal Errors 70203 & 70083 occurred. We wrote to eBay multiple times, explaining that PayPal failed to process, and that we conveyed this fact to the seller from the start. We asked eBay to read all messages between us and the seller, so that the truth can be ascertained, and seller's fraudulence could thence be exposed. We wrote to eBay many times proving that the seller breached the contract, not us. But simply because the seller implemented an unpaid item strike against us, the bots would not function. We repeatedly wrote to eBay for two weeks, prior to unpaid item strike, and no matter what we explained, no one working for eBay read through all the messages between us and seller, despite our requests that they do so. An unpaid strike had been recorded against us, because ebay don't facilitate viable human contact, and their website / bots / programming is poorly and dangerously designed - BE WARNED !

good return policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

I have purchased a used Wacom 13HD, and it has some issues with it. I contacted the seller, but first, he refused to return it and then he accepted after two days. And when he received it, he was accusing me of damaging the device, and I talk to Ebay, and they solve the problem and issue the full refund.

Definitely reliable!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

I've never had an issue with an eBay seller before and I'm proud. I've purchased multiple items before including items worth $200AUD+ with no issues.

MELBOURNE

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

too much weight on buyers

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

ebay's principle is based on the protection of buyer's interest so if you are a seller and you meet a stupid buyer, things will become different and difficult. ebay will withhold your money without any notice. and then long long wait and judgement begin. you have to prove the product you sell is not faulty and it is because of buyer's Improper operation. i even said i am willing to skype with him to teach him how to do it. but no one replied. what can i do? nothing.

Terrible and frustrating!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2017

This is the second time ebay has been completely slack with delivery, except this time its been well over a month or two since my purchase was due to arrive so i have lost $60 - $70 on ebay. they give you the option to "continue as guest" at checkout so that is what i did, now there is no way the help centre can do it's job and help me as they totally rely on account history. I will not be shopping on ebay again!

vegas

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Knowingly allow the posting of fraudulent and counterfeit items. Cannot wate for Amazon to come to A

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Bought two phones from eBay. They arrived, they were counterfeit. eBay closed my dispute and removed the negative feedback that I had left for the seller. Why? Because I had opened a PayPal dispute. So they allow the sale of counterfeit devices and they could not care less. Pure greed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

wollongong

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

ebay are a rip off No warning that money would be held

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Sold a item on eBay. After selling the item eBay held my money for 1 month even though the item was collected by the buyer. After multiple phone calls eBay said they would release the money urgently. This still did not happen. Anyone selling an item be very careful using ebay. If they had a simple warning when listing an item that this would happen seller may have the opportunity to withdraw their listing. Then into of that they take 10% of my sale. What a rip off.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Best price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

Very happy. Ordered my dishwasher on ebay and was 20% off cheapest price i could find anywhwre else. Arrived on time and service was great. Will be back

1 of 47 pages

any purchase 1080p high definition security camera system on ebay? i found all it is 720P if the seller is registered from CHINA. i report the issue to ebay, they don't care about this. anyone know who regulate ebay in australia. this company only want get their commission and doesn't care anything else now.

eva asked on Apr 13, 2017

Just sold a few things on Ebay. Has anyone experienced the 21 days hold of funds? Ebay expects us to send the items to the buyer but do they realize that the postage payment is being with held? Has anyone got around this issue?

sgamble1989 asked on Jan 09, 2017

Answer this

Had this happened with one buyer.
Think it is to do with the buyer personally; they probably have an option to confirm payment after the item(s) have arrived.
Sadly that sale ended up as a refund so couldn't provided further info.
Could be to do with the payment methods as well but not sure.

Yes, if you have sold under 25 items they will hold the money for 21 days. So if you need to pay postage or pay for your stock forget about doing it during that period. Once you hit the 25 sales new payment clear straight away. I am now past the 25 but still waiting for the cleared payments of the initial sales. Not to mentioned there fees are highway robbery! good luck to Aussie sellers, terrible platform to sell on but if your happy making a few dollars (literarily) on items around $100 go for it oh and if you don't mind waiting a month for money to come through, because the sellers don't have bills to pay apparently (or postage to send the product)

has anyone bought from OZ-Deals on ebay

jwaussie asked on Oct 12, 2016

Answer this

I bought a phone from this companyon ebay. It was suppose to be new but Apple proved it was two years old and had been worked upon by a third party. I made a claim in vcat and a order has been issued for the Company to refund the cost of the phone plus they are liable for court costs.