Dubbo

• 13 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Free Postage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I purchased a item with free postage. That means the seller decides who they will send a item. If they pick the wrong courier service who drops your item at the wrong address and state it's delivered eBay will do nothing for the buyer. The answer I received from eBay is you as a buyer should ask the seller to get a signature on delivery. This is a bit hard as the seller with free postage sends the way they want under their conditions.
Where is eBays buyers protection.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

northampton

going down down down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

may be me but is this lot past their sell by date.had major probs with a supplier and e bay were as much good as a f... in a hurricane.
there is a new policy on refunds which limits the time on their liaility and if you have a dodgy product whose suuplier repeatedly says on the resolution centre they will refund and does not eb try to pass over the problem to paypal and seem to be proud of this.the customer service team is poor and economical with the truth
if you must deal with them only deal with uk ,us or australian suppliers
me i cancelled my acct because the trust is no longer there,each person is a smsll cog to them as i presume they get their money from the supplier.they are not on your side

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Just keeps getting worse, designed and administered by morons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

You buy a product and need to contact the seller to organise pickup......and guess what, you have to sign in again!!!
WHY??? I'm already signed in you dummies!!! This is yet another "improvement" by eBay where each one makes it harder to use, less informative and stupider. Can only assume it is run by Public Service Bureaucrats who have been promoted way beyond their level of competence (look up Peter Principle)
No wonder their review scores are so abysmal, any rating above 2 stars is obviously a fake, probably generated by eBay staffers desperate to keep their jobs because they would be unemployable in the real world.
Their internal review system is a joke

Just Good for scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Ebay keep saying buy and sell tru ebay for safety but selling tru Ebay is full of risk, I've just scammed 290$. And ebay just said apologize.

So funny

I will not sell any s*** on ebay anymore

Melbourne

• 11 helpful votes
Private message

Platform for thieves and scams

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Be very careful when bidding on eBay. After you win a bid, eBay will require you to pay. When you click ‘pay now’ you realise the seller does not have a PayPal account. If you transfer the money, the chances are you will get rip off. EBay will not refund you the money. If you don’t pay, eBay will issue a strike against you. eBay is a very unethical organisation. I lost over $500, thanks to eBay. Of course eBay would have collected a percentage of the stolen money from the seller which is what it is all about for eBay.

Easy to use and fast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

I have placed many orders with ebay over the last year and they are so easy to use and fast and they have a great communication system - I would definitely recommend using them for all your household goods and gifts!!

I love eBay

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

EBay is the best thing that come out I was hocked on it coz you can get anything and everything on eBay.I used to always get my party stuff and further on here and you can pick it up or have things sent out with no fuss.

Sydney

• 1 review

Crap customer support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Don't waste you're time on Ebay, over 10 years on ebay and they couldn't even help with one transaction - no wonder why Amazon is taking over. Cancelled my account with Ebay and made a life a switch to Amazon.

Wyndham vale

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I have bought several items on eBay the first delivery of books and a spoken word disc which was largely a good experience so a while later I try them again by the psychedelic shop. Ebay are not big on emails ! But my parcel arrived soon after and I got my tie dyed singlet which was much greater than my expectations the colours were vivid and of a great hue I liked it so much I have sent for another one thanks psychedelic shop thanks ebay. Whitey

Verified Customer

Crap customer support. No way to raise an issue with Ebay itself

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

Tried to buy a Chrome-cast and when I hit buy now it lead me to buy a cheap knock-off.
Tried contacting ebay several times to get the order canceled and complain about the false advertising.
No resolution yet other than. Contact the seller or paypal.
Ebay this is your fault and your issue to fix. It was your recommended link that I clicked on.
Only reason this is not a 1 sat review is that othertimes the site has alright.

Melbourne

• 9 helpful votes

very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

very honest description and all care taken to pack goods up.I would recoment them for good second hand goods any time.

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Sketchy international prices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Trying to buy car parts from the US. Price increases two times. Once from the search to the product page, and again when you get to checkout. Ebay has told me that the search function is 'glitched' (surprise, in their favour) and the true USD to AU exchange rate doesn't show up until the final 'Checkout' screen. Borderline illegal.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Christies Downs, South Australia, Australia

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Bad if you are in a sticky financial position and just want to sell stuff for a bit of extra money.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Our financial situation is not good at the moment, so I thought I would make some extra money by selling some goods we no longer want.
I listed a pair of shoes that are near new, hardly been worn, worth around $100. Listed them for around $60 with about $8 shipping.
They sold and I was wonder why I couldn't access the money via PayPal and logged in to find it was on hold per ebay request for upto 21 days!
Turns out that unless you are selling 25 items per 90 days you are subject to this ebay withholding your money as a loyalty to the customer which is all fine and dandy but you can't use the money you earned from the sale for shipping!
So I had to use money out of my own pocket, and wont see the money released to my paypal until buyer has received their item!
When I shipped the item the shipping cost was double whatI charged for shipping, so now I am out of pocket $16 and wont see the money in my paypal for up to a week possibly more depending on how long the item gets to the buyer and however long it takes for them to go onto ebay and say they have received the item and however long it takes ebay to release the money to my paypal account?!
Tried talking to their customer service to get them to release the money and they said they would manually release my money and still hasn't happened.
My warning:
Don't waste your time selling clothing items or shoes on ebay, go to depop where it all runs smoothly and you actually get your money.
What is the point in making small time sellers post shipping costs if you don't get to use that money for shipping, causing them to be out of pocket EBAY? I understand you want to be loyal to buyers but what about sellers who are just trying to make themselves a little extra money to get them through hard times?
You just treat them like they are dishonest from the get-go!

Lessoned learned. I wont be selling any more of my good quality clothing items through ebay anymore.
I will be going to wish to shop with the money I earned through DEPOP sales.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ngunnawal, ACT

• 17 comments
  • 79 helpful votes

eBay Staff Haven't got a Clue

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Well, what can I say? I sold an item, sent it the same day and...well, the buyer changed his mind. Although I had a 'no return' policy, I was convinced by eBay customer service to be a 'good eBay-er' and accept a return. All I had to do was click a button on the eBay page to issue a return label. I did just that. A few weeks later, although I had not received the item back, the buyer made a claim and eBay promptly accessed my PayPal account without my permission and took my money and gave it to him. Parcel Point, eBay's nominated return courier, had lost the parcel but marked it as being delivered. Huh? You read correctly, eBay's nominated return courier had lost the parcel but marked it as being delivered to me. What a scam!

It took around ten calls and several emails to eBay to explain that I had never received the item back. Despite a promise of a manual refund and the promise to send me an email guaranteeing this refund, of course, I never got either. As I am writing this, I once again called eBay, only to have to explain myself again and again and again and again and yet again. As usual, I had to eventually raise my voice at the eBay employee to listen, read the notes and get on with it. I now have that email. My son shouldn't have to listen to these pointless altercations with eBay operators. Why don't they just listen? Ahhh, because that requires intelligence and effort. Ebay policies don't override Australian consumer law. By the way, eBay initially rejected my claim because I authorised the return by pressing eBay's button on their website but the courier was nominated by them - not me. It was all done automatically - by them.

You know, ten days ago I had a heart attack and was in surgery the day eBay accessed my money. Getting upset is bad for my health. Yet eBay appear to do every thing they can to wriggle, squirm and lie their way out of being a responsible agent. Pfui. What a useless organisation. They need to be cut down seriously.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

TIMBOON

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Ebayplus a scam

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

I joined the ebayplus with free 3 month subscription to stan and $20 voucher to persuade you to join. Did not come through. Rang ebay and they said that happens when the trial period is finished. Only get the 3 month subscription and $20 voucher if you stay on ebayplus. I feel though I have been conned and so even if I do like the service will opt out before trial expires.

Hobart

• 4 helpful votes

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Not very happy with Ebay anymore, you cant post anymore than 40 items without being charged for any extra items, and I'm sick of them changing my offers and I did not ask for that, I had a Pandora ring on there that I have had to remove because I could not change the settings back to my original setting, please stop changing the settings I know what price I wanted for it so please dont change my settings.

Wyuna

• 1 question
  • 14 helpful votes

eBay -lift your game

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Not useful anymore!
Trying to purchase a phone case is proving too much trouble..the Search function is useless yielding all sorts of items that are not related.
Sorry eBay but I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Belfield

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

eBay staff made me very upset

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

I made a cancellation just 5 mins after Made orders. But the seller send the parcels 2 weeks after. So I made a complaint about this matter. But the eBay staff told me that I have to pay the return shipping fee because it was shipped already. So I made a complaint about the shipping fee.
But the eBay staff didn't help me at all. So I strongly asked her I would like to talk to another staff who can solve this issue several times. But she didn't switch to other staff and emailed me a just normal returning procedure and never treated about my complaints. So I am very upset with this matter.

Vic

• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Staffs had not corrected informations, No voucher when signed up for ebay plus as advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Thats were fine,
I decided that i no longer interested on purchasing stuffs on ebay au anymore.

Join ebay plus for a $20 voucher such a big lie and never received it and you said you no longer provide it....

Customers service through chatting did not even know what the deal of ebay au offer at the time.

Looks like i was the one who have done something wrong here? Not your staffs who provided me " no ebay promotion " while you having 5% off everything on $50 value? Who rights?

Promotion for $20 if joing ebay plus 1 month trial and you are telling me that will have not it? Such a lie on advertising??

Been with ebay for a few year and this time i am very upset. I decided not to buy anything here at all from now and will cancel ebay plus once i got time.

I sent the complaints to another customer services and look like it did not bring the matter better and they still not issue me the ebay plus trial $20 voucher issue as advertising and said it was a misunderstanding????

Gamble

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sunbury, VIC

• 2 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Never sell anything on eBay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Hi everyone
I sold my camera for around $969 and Ebay sent me of $120 invoice!!!!

Once the item is sold, they sent me a link that I should post it; when I tried to let them know that the buyer came to me and took the item in person, two post labels were mistakenly created ($16); I let them know and they told me on chat that I should cancel it. I did cancel both labels; however, it came in my account! I let them know and they decreased that; however:

For selling a $969 camera; they sent me $104.12 invoice!!! I sold the same camera couple of years ago and I paid under $50; I do not know when they increased their fee without telling me.

Never ever ever ever sell anything on eBay

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes