Sydney

• 6 questions
  • 3 answers

eBay's Rules about Bank Transfers Confusing

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

I use bank transfers for dealing with unknown sellers since I've experienced credit card fraud in the past. The seller's banking details were not at all clear and I had to guess (my mistake). The message system eventually allowed me to get the correct details and my bank is trying to trace my original payment. The problem is that the seller honestly believed that eBay did not allow them to reveal their full bank details and the rules are indeed very confusing. eBay has closed the case without offering a refund, despite my pointing out that the seller hadn't given the correct details in the advertisement. eBay promotes "money back guarantee" heavily and does not make it clear that this does not cover bank transfer payments. This applies even if the seller is to blame for non delivery.

Victoria

Good quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

I'm very happy with order,
It was delivered on time
It was very good quality
Thanks you very much.
I really appreciate it

Melb vic

• 3 helpful votes

Great range

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

eBay so much better than amazon. much more variety and the prices are way better. I bought a men's watch and i was very happy

Verified Customer

Ebay help seller to deceive money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I bought a Sony Xperia mobile phone from a seller “Mobiletechmart” who claimed his phone “unlocked” but it is in fact locked to Vodafone. He told me to go to Optus store for assistance if I use a Optus SIM, or to Telstra store if I use a Telstra SIM. I later returned the phone by post and sent him and eBay the photos of the returned package and receipt. He refused to refund my money. I asked eBay customer services to step in as they offered to help. After exchanging more than ten emails and other than repeatedly quoting their policy (not interested in investigating any seller's fraud), eBay has done nothing except collaborating with their seller (to obtain money by deception) and told me they would only action after the seller receive the returned package. I told them Australia Post had the package in transit (later known to be lost) and the seller’s address is one Australia Post outlet. I am not the title owner of the defective phone, why should I be held liable for Australia Post’s delivery problem. I have already helped to return the package not belong to me, free of my labour cost. I asked eBay to provide me their full name and address, they refused to give any information and said they only provided the web site service. My money lost and time wasted in the deceptive transaction. When I attempted to close the eBay account, they held me to wait for 30 days because they need to clear a payment of $0.01 which I paid immediately. After that, they will need another 60-day period to close the account. Every policy has been designed to maximise their profit and advantage at consumer costs. Buy elsewhere like Kogan, Officeworks, Kmart or BW they are much more friendly.

Worst Selling Platform

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

As a seller- forget any rights you have, if a buyer decides to return an item you have described very clearly because they didn't understand the style or perhaps its change of mind- ebay will take the money out of your account and issue a refund to them. There is 0 justice for sellers - so forget having any say as the buyer is always in the right- apparently they're even able to put negative feedback on your profile based on their experience despite it having nothing to do with the item sold. Ebay is just a money hungry platform.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Ebay to use as a purchaser. Super expensive as a seller.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

As the title says. As a purchaser Ebay is great, no fee's paypal is required by sellers so your safe in many regards.
To sell on Ebay is crazy stupid expensive. An item worth $77.50 costs me approx $8.50 in fee's and then another slap in the face when the 5% paypal fee's get taken out of the paypal payment. If you are looking for a common product best to check out other sites like Aliexpress where they will probably be cheaper as they don't get hit with fee's.

Melbourne

EASY

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Ordered some fairy lights from Ebay. it was very cheap and easy. the best thing was that it arrived within in a week!

• 6 helpful votes

Poor customer support

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

I had two transactions made from my account as a result of an eBay seller being hacked on March 7th. 10 weeks and 4 phone calls later I am still waiting on a refund to be processed. Customer support keep making excuses and changing their story, bottom line is that the have no idea why it hasn't been processed as yet.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

eBay money back guarantee is crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

As a buyer, the eBay customer has let me down terribly. I purchased an item which was falsely described (yes I received the item). As the item was large and bulky I decided to keep, purchase additional items (not modifying the item) and make it work. Upon completion I reached out to the seller for a part refund to cover my costs and tell them their item is not as described. No joy there... well now I’ll send the whole thing back and ask for a full refund! Contacted eBay customer support and I don’t qualify under their money back guarantee as they think I’ve modified the item.
Result....eBay just lost a 17year account.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mount Druitt

• 12 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Ebay cannot be trusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Ebay once a great service has now declined to a state where they cant be trusted. Their feedback is a joke with them blocking any negative feedback for some sellers, this means that as a buyer you cannot really know who you are dealing with. As a seller their fees are now very high and remove any profits off the transaction. If you want to set a buy it now price you must be at least 30% higher than the advertised sell price, this means ether you sell the item a lot lower than what you want or you wont sell it because the price is too high. You as the seller lose out here.
They have allowed sellers who advertise junk to list their products and sell it , then Ebay removes the item listing making it very hard to contact the seller if a problem developes, they also block the email address so emails cannot be delivered.

I think it is time to look for a replacement service and let Ebay die a natural death.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Selling with ebay is a joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

eBay's system completely favors buyers over sellers and their customers service is a joke. Seller can only leave positive feedback and are at the mercy of bad buyers. The fees have become so excessive as to scare most small buyers away.

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Favours buyers won't be using again

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

I thought I would sell a few unwanted items on Ebay because of their '10 items no fees' promotion. After all the stress and hassle I won't be using them to sell ever again. Going to be using facebook pages where the buyer can see and confirm the item working and as a seller I can't get jipped and left with no money and no item. Ebay used to be good when it was more neutral and not biased towards buyers. Nothing is going to drag me back selling on Ebay again after what happened. Not worth the stress. Sorry Ebay I am guessing the no fees promotion was meant to entice me to sell on Ebay, well it backfired spectacularly as I wouldn't ever consider it again.

Awesome Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

Great service!

Of course you will need to be wary of what you are puchasing before hand, and do your research into the product.
But definitely a great platform to buy, sell, and find great deals!

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Ebay Global Shipping Program

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Recently bought an item from USA. Seller (great guy) used Ebay Global Shipping Program that provide international priority shipping, to forward the parcel to me.
Item has been sent and paid for by Global S P through FedEX as economy not priority, which is causing a late delivery and does not respect what is promised by GSP on Ebay transaction details. Despite I sent statement and receipt from FedEx as proof, GSP refused refund.
It may be an isolate case of GSP pocketing the difference as economy cost them less. But oh boy what a bonanza for them if it is a regular practice.
Off course Ebay is giving me the run around not taking responsibility for their shipping program blunder.

Never again I'll buy anything from sellers that use GSP, and drop Ebay too.

Edit: No it is not an isolated case. Surfing the net forums there are a lot of disgruntle Global Shipping Program customers. On Ebay own forum there are reports since 2014 about GSP Priority / Economy bungles and more. Ebay has done nothing, nor Pitney Bowes (GSP) the third party company handling the shipping.

Ebay erase negative feedbacks

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Recently I made a purchase on eBay, was a very hard process to do, they send you to many different people and can take weeks just to get my money back, that after 1 week im still waiting. Anyway I put a negative feedback and the seller contact US site and they erase straight away and now I can't put anything, just because they don't like what I say in the comment, so don't trust in eBay because these top sellers know how to change the feedbacks in their convenience.

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Selling with eBay is no longer great

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I have sold many times throughout the years with Ebay, and I can now see why it's better to sell on BSS pages on Facebook. I had numerous people who failed to pay once they bid on my item, however, the "resolution" system completely favours the buyer. You can't even leave negative feedback anymore. It is ridiculous! It is not worth all of the fees you cop to sell on eBay anymore

Wanted Calssified

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I would like eBay to have a Wanted Classified so people can post what Item they would like to purchase and maybe someone out there will have it. For this to work any person or persons wanting to sell the Item must list it through eBay. The seller at this time will not be able to see the buyers Address, Phone / Mobile or email address. The only form of contact they can have with the potential buyer is through eBay messaging until the item has been purchased and then all can now be revealed.

Ebays are dishonest

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I paid for an item through ebays and the seller from uk did not send it but falsely sent message that item was sent.
After 6 weeks of wait and opened dispute with the seller finally he set the item.
I gave negative feedback of the seller but ebay removed the feedback.when i questioned why ebay said we removed it to give favour to the seller.
Dont trust ebay and the seller reviews because they will favour swller but not the buyer.
You ill will notice this after a bad exp with them

Box hill

• 2 helpful votes

Very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I ordered a pair of boots from a large seller in America. The item I received was 4 sizes to small. I emailed the seller and over five days received no replies at all. I contacted ebay and within 5 days I received a refund of the boots and mail. I don't think I would have got a refund if eBay service helpers didn't help me. To this day the seller hasn't sent one email of apology , in fact no reply at all. I am glad eBay helped in my problem .

Did not receive product

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

I purchased a book called THE NILE end of last year and it went to an old address. I have contacted eBay in regards to this many times as I have still not received it. They say only if it gets returned to them will they forward it to me. Obviously over 5 months it is not being returned to them and now they will not refund me or send another one. I had previously purchased another book from eBay and it went to the correct address so i feel I am not at fault.

1 of 39 pages

I am new to EBay. Does anyone know how to contact them by phone in Australia? I am having problems with a listing and need to speak to someone and can't find any information on the website.

Jackie asked on Mar 16, 2018

Answer this

They are hard to reach other than by their chat. Not very handy when you need to send a letter of complaint. But you can try what they sent me:

Hello ,
Thank you for contacting eBay. To serve you in the best possible way, we would like to speak to you on the phone. Here's how to reach us:

1. Click the "Help & Contact" link at the top right of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Contact eBay" tab and sign in.
3. Select the topic that fits your question or concern. If your issue isn't resolved with the information provided, please click the "Call us" link. You'll see a phone number and a PIN to use. The PIN expires within 15 minutes, so if you're not able to call us within that timeframe, please click the "Call us" link again for a new PIN.

If you're deaf, hard of hearing, or speech-impaired, please contact us through an IP relay service.

Our representatives are available 5:00 am-10:00 PST pm, 7 days a week. We look forward to helping you.

-- Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email. --

Thanks,

eBay

Can someone help me please I bought a proactiv skin care product on eBay nothing has arrived and my account have been hacked by someone on eBay

Joselle asked on Mar 10, 2018

This is 2017. I recently used the service from ebay and right after my purchase, my account got blocked. I was busy and waited for awhile but after 2 months, my parcel never arrived. And when I contacted ebay, the seller posted the postage on their own ebay website and when I tried to verify this with the Royal Mail, the item was posted 1 week before my account was even created. I tried reasoning with ebay customer service, but they were still "unwilling" to reinstall my account and gave some vague reasons that my details need verifications. Without pointing to me what information needs to be verified and without trying to guide me on how to accomplish this. Personally, I think this company must be debt-ridden and unwilling to get rid of the scammers as long as they are able to get their commission and bottom line despite knowing that some buyers are being cheated.

Yongjia W asked on Oct 10, 2017

Answer this

Hey YongJia, yeh ebay has lost the plot-they are killing their own business and their reputation is in the gutter and been there for a while now. I am in the process of transitioning all of my worldy goods for sale to:- " ebid.com.au "'- so check it out- small in comparison but you can transfer all of your feedback scores and for a $50 initial lifetime member fee+ 2% upon sale it is a heap better, plus you can elect to sell only in Australia. Currently on ebay I pay 9.5% comission on sales+ 9.5% on the cost of postage as well!!! Who does that??? Greedy ebay does! So forget about ebay and do yourself a favour- go the- ebid.com.au- and spread the word!!!!
Best Wishes-The Bonsai Lady.

Ebay unfortunately does have allot of dishonest sellers and buyers. Trying to tell good from bad is difficult. To sell is not so cheap, to buy is easier and mostly cheaper but don't expect a warranty on items. Your experience explanation is a bit confusing. it seems you bought items which resulted in the seller laying a complaint of money not paid to him which resulted in a strike to you and banning of your account and therefore item not sent or your method of payment was not accepted or got cancelled or bounced. If this is so then I suggest you phone them again and try explaining. If one person is not helpful ask for a supervisor or email support. It is better to first have a verified account before trading but they do have guest features. Before you contact them read up on all policies so you know how to explain the problem in their terms.

Paypal give you 6 months to dispute purchases and the opportunity to provide evidence that something is not right. You can still dispute if 6 moths is not up, providing you used Paypal. You will find instructions on the net on how to dispute, as well as Paypal website, and probably a youtube video. Good luck!