Tweed Heads

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great product - speedy delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

The mattress is firm but I like the fact you can adjust this. Delivery was sup quick and the process very simple. Very happy with the entire process. Will take advantage of the 100 day trial (which is also pretty cool) should it not be right for my son, however so far so good!

Good mattress so far...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

-About 2 months into my Ecosa mattress experience
-Read probably hundreds of reviews, across all different websites, about ALL of the available bed in a box mattresses, and nailed in on this one, simply because I have always fancied myself as a firm mattress kinda guy. --Not easy purchase; I guess I'm the type that doesn't want to get it wrong
-In the first week of trialing, my expectations were challenged
-The mattress to me feels more like a futon than anything else I've slept on in that it doesn't have that spring bounce, but its way better than a futon
-My first week was exciting, mixed with pleasure and doubt. I think my body was adjusting and so there was some restlessness through the first week, with a little bit of pain through the back and some headaches throughout the night, morning, and day
-This mattress is changing my beliefs about what sleep is supposed to be/feel like.I'm staying asleep, not tossing and turning due to back/shoulder/neck pain, only waking around 2-5 times a night due to natural causes ie needing to use the toilet/thirsty/bad dream, I'm waking in the morning refreshed, and less sluggish compared to my sleeps before which included waking at least 15 (up to 30+ times) times a night, waking and not being able to get back to sleep due to pain which only exacerbated my trouble of getting back to sleep.
-I now know that having a good mattress aids in relieving the perpetuating cycle of bringing a disorderly mental game with you to bed time. I now have confidence each time I sleep that this sleep will be a good one. It's basically stopped the bad sleep cycle.
-I'm falling asleep quicker than ever on this mattress (some nights im asleep in 5 mins).
-I am looking forward to getting into bed every night knowing that I am going to get a restful nights sleep (instead of dreading sleep because of the previous lifelong struggle all night, morning)
-It takes time with this mattress to get used to it, especially if you've slept on springs your whole life
-I've alway had lower, middle, and upper back issues. These are fading quickly.
-I'm a half stomach sleeper throughout the night but stomach sleeping on this mattress gives me lower back pain quickly. I haven't tried the medium setting yet so perhaps that might give some relief but I've been side-sleeping 95% of the time which just shows how good this mattress is for support as I used to sleep over 50% of the night on stomach on other beds. I'm quite happy to side sleep. I've always wanted to be more of a back sleeper because of the benefits and feel this is the perfect mattress for this in the future.
-This mattress is worth at try. My mind still has that nagging voice that perhaps there is a better mattress out there..but how good can a mattress be really? I think this is about as good as it gets for me.

Pat

Brisbane

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Wasn't for me - but 100 day money back guarantee was honoured without issues.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I've read a few 1 star reviews trashing this mattress and thought I'd offer somewhat of a counter, here.

I wasn't really sure what mattress would suit me (I have always slept on free mattresses that I didn't shop for). I had a feeling that I was a softer mattress type person. Reading up, I knew this would be a risky proposition in ordering one of these mattress in a box sellers because they do tend towards more medium and up. That being said, I had to try because surely I could handle medium?

As soon as I lay on it, I knew this was completely different from the regular cheapfoam / springed stuff I have slept on and I suspected it might give me issue because my posterior was not sinking in as much as I was used to. I think if I were an on back sleeper (I am a side sleeper), things would be fine - but over the course of about 4 weeks, what started to happen was I would get about 4-5 hours into my sleep and then I would be tossing and turning for the rest of the sleep. I started to get up with an absolutely obliterated lower back which would take hours to calm down and after a few weeks of this, I had to grudgingly admit that I could not sleep on this mattress. Not to toot my own horn, but I routinely deadlift relatively large amounts of weight without issue - so I would say the lower back is not in too bad of a condition.

Aside from my inability to get used to it - I liked the mattress, I was happy with the experience (delivery, presentation, process) and the chemical smell was gone relatively quickly - but the mattress wasn't for me. In fact, I'm back to sleeping on the absolute scummiest crappy foam mattress that you can buy (and much happier for it because it is far softer).

I contacted Ecosa and they were excellent in refunding and getting the mattress donated to the Salvation Army.

Now, my point here is.. just because this mattress isn't for you doesn't make it a 1 star mattress. If you were able to return the mattress and get your money back, how could that be a 1 star experience? If you are a softer mattress sleeper, you might need to accept that these memory foam mattress are not for you.

(And FYI, I was offered the topper at no charge, but I was truthful that I might only try it for a night and still struggle and they opted to refund, so again, thumbs up to ecosa for being decent).

So the take home from this is: Good product, Good service - but beware if you have an inkling that the firmness might get to you, beware.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thank you for this thoughtful review! We are sorry that our mattress was not suitable for your needs but are happy to hear you were satisfied with the return process :)

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

I did find this mattress quite firm to begin with after sleeping on a spring mattress, however, I was able to get used to it quickly.

I find this mattress is very good at keeping cool.

I have noticed A slight indentation on the side that I prefer to sleep on after 8 months of sleeping on it.

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

A Great Nights Sleep at last!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

We were a little bit dubious about buying a mattress online and in a box no less. I ordered it late on a Saturday night and it was delivered Monday morning. We were also told that it might be a bit firm and we would need some time to get used to it, but could change the layers around to make it softer but there was no need, it was perfect from the get go. With a fifteen year warranty we feel that we have made the correct descision to purchase it.

Best mattress ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

I had looked for a mattress which is suitable for my body for years and Ecosa King size mattress is surely a final one because I actually felt my sleep and body very comfortable from the first night. Highly recommended.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jul 2018

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

The first night on this mattress I was in absolute agony. It was the most uncomfortable night's sleep that I have ever had in my life, and I've slept on the floor at a university before. I spoke to a sales rep about returning it the following day (after giving up trying to sleep on it and getting a small amount of sleep on our couch) and was told I had to try it out for 14 days before I could return it. I asked where this was in the terms and after being unable to find it they told me I could return it.

I decided to try it for the 14 days just to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and I can say my sleep has improved at about the 3 week mark. I was having a LOT of issues where I would wake up with numb arms because I am a side sleeper, but that has since stopped and I think the mattress forces me to sleep on my back once I actually fall asleep. Just a note that we only tried it on the softest option which is medium.

Honestly, we now prefer it to our old mattress which was giving me a lot of lower back pain, but it is not this holy grail that everyone is making it out to be. We are hoping to try the mattress topper to see if it makes it better.

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Really good actually surprised at how good it was. Get the pillows

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Fast delivery was fast. Its been really impressive so far. We've had it about two weeks only though. Get the pillows too as they complete the product in my opinion. We've not tried anything other than the default firmness. Partner disturbance is essentially non existent.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thanks Mogin :) Happy sleeping!

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Fit for purpose

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2018

Having lower-back problems I purchased the Ecosa mattress based on the good reviews and the fact that it could be set up at 3 levels of firmness. I set it up on the medium-firm and found it to be immediately better than my more expensive (but softer) mattress. As I've only experienced 2 weeks usage to date, I intend to try the firmer setting at a later stage to see if it's even better for my back. At that stage I may contemplate purchasing the Ecosa topper for the ultimate comfort. When I was working in China, where their mattress was uncomfortably rock hard, I had bought a topper for it which resulted in the ideal comfort for me - I may try and replicate that soon with the Ecosa.

An added benefit is that it is a relatively light and easy mattress to lift, when changing the fitted sheets – my previous 35cm thick and heavy mattress was very difficult to manage for one person.

The best mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

This is best mattress by far. I tried Koala first, and I'm so glad I returned that one and got the Ecosa one instead. The firmest setting is just perfect for me and my partner. I look forward to going to sleep every night!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

We're very glad to hear you are enjoying our mattress Jillian :) Happy sleeping!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Best ever mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

Best ever mattress! I was terrified when my mattress come in a box. I could not imagine how this box can hide my dream mattress. First night was not the best it’s probably that our body need to get used to
After couple nights you will find what was promised. It’s firm but soft, it’s cozy and comfortable it’s really worth five stars.
My back pain is gone!!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Best mattress!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

For those who loves a firm mattress, this is the answer to a good night sleep with minimum disturbance from your partner.
Purchase was easy, efficiency in delivery and the ease in setting up the mattress. It is one of those effortless purchase I have ever have online.

• 2 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 7 helpful votes

Perfect firmness

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2018

The firmness is near perfect. Bought this for my parents and they have loved it so far. Even the edges don’t give in like other mattresses. We had initially tried a koala mattress, but it wasn’t firm enough. Happy customer!!!

Not Happy with it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

The mattress if very hard and so far not great. We are giving it benefit of the doubt and I have purchased a mattress topper to see if this helps. Either way out of pocket if we hate the topper as well can only return the mattress. We live remote which is why I originally found this option attractive but maybe not so attractive now for a mattress in a box.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Sorry to hear you are not yet loving our mattress Christie! We really hope the topper helps but please do reach out if you still are not in love so we can initiate the refund process for you

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2018

We love our Ecosa Mattress!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Great mattress, so comfortable & supportive and I would highly recommend it. We're now getting a great nights sleep. There's no partner disturbance and I no longer feel lower back pain in the morning. I have a smile on my face every time I go to bed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thanks for the great review :) Glad to hear you're loving the mattress!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Absolutely amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I’ve been using my ecosa mattresss for over 2 years now, I haven’t had a bad nights sleep since I purchased it. It’s supportive and hasn’t given way in the over 2 years since I’ve owned it. Absolutely one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.
You won’t regret getting one for yourself.
Use my code to get some money off.
FD-77464

Have a great nights sleep!

erskineville

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

No the quality I was expecting and questioning the quality of good reviews

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

I bought a mattress topper three days ago and don't find it comfortable at all. I was misled by the majority of positive feedbacks online. Now I am questioning if they were legit at all. I asked a customer service for refund or exchange for pillows, but they refused to do so. If the mattresses are the same poor quality don't be mislead by positive feedbacks. Go to the regular shops and try other brands before you buy a mattress. I was let to believe that a topper has 100 days free trial too. I strongly believe that in Australia you can return any products within 10 days if you don't like them, but Ecosa don't share my beliefs and I will be talking to the fair trading now.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Hello,
Sorry to hear you didn't love our topper, unfortunately we do not offer a trial period on this item as is stated on our website. The trial is only offered for our mattress and pillow.

At least other consumers will know that buying a topper online without trying won't guarantee their satisfaction. Very disappointing experience with a topper and a customer care response

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Hard to get out of bed in the morning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Very glad to have purchased the Ecosa mattress especially when they give you a 100 day money back trial, we also purchased the topper which made it even more comfortable, I would recommend it to anyone that is having a problem about deciding what mattress to purchase

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thanks James! Happy sleeping!

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

Very supportive, most comfortable with the topper.
Impressed with delivery and customer service
Mattress was a bit hard without topper
Very easy to unpack
Can’t think of more to say

So comfy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

Coming from a pillow top was a big step. First feel thought it would be firm but so so comfy. 2 weeks in and loving it. Breathable and has a machine washable cover and can be made to be slightly softer if needed. 100 night trial so literally no risk if you end up hating it

1 of 37 pages

Is it true that Ecosa mattresses are mad in China?

Anna asked on Aug 13, 2018

Answer this

Yes, Anna, it is true that if an Ecosa Mattress crosses the border into mainland china, it becomes rabid and deranged - which is often a risk for local livestock (this is the preferred diet of a mad ecosa mattress).

My suggestion would be to ensure that the Ecosa Mattresses' passport is kept under lock and key at all times.

Hi Anna,

All Ecosa products are manufactured in our very own factory in China from local and imported raw materials. Specifically for our mattress, our raw materials are sourced from Germany (90%), Japan (5%), and China (5%) :)

Is the Ecosa returns policy genuine? I have now spent three days waiting at home for a courier to arrive and each day Ecosa has promised a courier will come, no one has arrived.

Lynzi asked on Aug 07, 2018

Answer this

That's pretty bad. It was genuine for me but the pickup was done by the salvation army for donation so it wouldnt have been their fault if the salvation army failed to turn up.

Can’t speak from personal experience, however I know of two people who returned theirs with no problem.

Hi Lynzi, We do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. As we have advised via email this is a case of the courier not following collection instructions and we do apologise that you have been impacted by this. I can see we have reached a resolution and escalated the concern to management within our warehouse(whom booked the courier) as well as the courier service. Here's hoping this will be resolved smoothly moving forward

Hi, I am almost ready to order a queen size Ecosa mattress but would love to hear from someone that has had one for five years or even ten years. Just to check that this product really does maintain its structure like promised. It sounds too good to be true. Thanks cheers

kez asked on Aug 05, 2018

Answer this

Hello, I don't personally know about longevity but just to reassure you, somewhat - these mattresses aren't even remotely light. They are 30-40kg worth of foam. They are horrible to move around (for one person). I have slept on crappy foam mattresses for years and done barely any damage to them. I have seen people talking about the mattress in a box foam mattresses 3-5 years on, saying they are fine - so you're probably okay - but definitely seek other opinions. Hope that slightly helps.

See all 74 questions about Ecosa Mattress