Best Bed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

Side sleeper very comfy firm bed combined it with the Ecosa pillow and so far haven't looked back, even the packing delivery was good with wheels on packing for ease of movement great product!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Like sleeping on a cloud

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Had it for a few weeks and loving it! I have always thought I preferred the firmest of firm matresses but after setting it up I eventually chose to sleep on the medium-firm side instead of he firm side. It is on the softer side but perfect for a side sleeper with chronic pain all over body like myself. I’ve enjoyed sleeping in it every night. The only thing I didn’t like is when I sit on the edge of the bed as it sinks in too much but I still think it is worth it for the quality sleep that I get from it. It is very well made. The customer service was superb. Knowledgeable, courteous and professional. I definitely would recommend it for people who wants to sleep on a supportive yet cushionly cloud every night.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Very unique feel, firm but absolutely comfortable! No sinkhole feeling.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

We tried two popular and quite expensive hybrid mattresses but immediately my 6'4" disabled husband found himself in sinkholes, unable to maneuver. It was very frustrating for him. We searched and search and this mattress is super firm while being very comfortable with all the pokey bits around the body; shoulders, hips, etc. So glad we found Ecosa! Did I mention it was half the price of the other mattresses we tried?

6 weeks in & all good so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

Our two young boys often want to jump in bed with us in the morning & so our 10+ year old Queen sprung mattress & frame had to go to make room for a new King size bed.

We started reading up on mattresses & the "bed in a box" foam-type mattresses were receiving so much praise that we figured it was worth trying one. After a bit of research, we settled on the Koala mattress (I know, not an Ecosa - the Ecosa comes into the story a bit later). Delivery was prompt & all seemed fine with the mattress itself; nice & comfy... at least it was at first.

I'm a 6' male, 90kg, of medium to solid build, for what it's worth, & my other half is 5'7" & around 62kg. We're both in reasonably good shape & 40ish years old (I'm 38 & she's 42). No history of chronic back pain or recent injuries, or anything like that.

After less than 2 weeks on the Koala, I started waking up with lower back pain. I was also tossing & turning a fair amount through the night, just trying to get comfortable. Each day for about a week, it got worse & worse, to the point where I was getting almost no sleep & in so much pain that I decided to spend a couple of nights on the couch. Believe it or not, I got a better night's sleep on the couch, which is on the firmer side. With my back feeling a bit better, I went back to the bed & the same started to happen again: waking up with a really sore back each morning. I figured I must've thrown my back out or something & so I figured I'd just have to push through it but, a week or so later, my other half also started waking up with a sore back. We put it down to the mattress being too soft & so, after only a month or so, we decided to return the Koala. They collected it & refunded the purchase price in full, so no issues there.

Before going back to a sprung mattress, though, I wanted to try another foam mattress, but one with adjustable firmness. The Ecosa was our pick after reading all of the good & bad reviews for it & a few other mattresses.

I was still a bit sore for the first couple of days but nowhere near as bad as with the Koala mattress. It got better each day, though. After 2 weeks, I was sleeping fine again but my partner confessed that it was maybe just a little bit firmer than she'd like (she's a side-sleeper whereas I tend to sleep on my back) & so we flipped the layers so that it went from the default Medium-Firm to just Medium. That was 4 weeks ago &, for both us, this seems to be the perfect firmness setting. Not too soft or too firm. Most importantly, we're both sleeping well & neither of us is waking up with a sore back!

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thanks for your feedback Tim, we're glad to hear you and your wife are enjoying our mattress!

Happy sleeping!

Date Purchased: May 2017

Great quality and support

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

The mattress is very supportive and comfortable but I do find it a little too hard for myself, even when u flipped it over. Hard to compromise when you’re sharing with someone else. Excellent quality though and impressed with the packaging. Thinking about getting the mattress topper and silk pillowcase next

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Agony

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

I guess I can say it was supportive.. So supportive it was like sleeping on a rock. We decided we couldnt deal after the refund period had lapsed. We gave it to an op-shop and good riddance..

Great mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2018

My mattress is very supportive of my back. Very comfortable and easy to sleep on. Delivery of my Mattress was very quick, had it in 5 days. Have purchased the topper as well and that has made it all the better. Very happy with my purchase.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great comfort for good night's sleep.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

We found the firmness of the mattress just right for our bad backs and having the choice of sides is good too. Very satisfied with the quality of the product .price and free delivery right to our door was an exceptional bonus. We were so happy with our queen size that we bought a single size for the spare bed and will probably replace the other single bed mattress as well.

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

surprisingly comfortable and good support

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

having only had the mattress a month or so we are very happy with it so far. It is very supportive and comfortable. We look forward to having the same structural support for many years. The product is backed by the customer support and guarantees so I am confident it will be a great investment.

A LOT better than I thought

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Within a week we have both found we are sleeping better and waking up more rested. It is a VERY firm mattress, even on the medium side its hard. I recommend purchasing the extra topper that is soft. I can barely feel my partner move next to me.
And with a 100 day return policy, there is no risk.

Date Purchased: May 2016

This is a great product we now have two mattress one king single and one double very comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

Yes the double mattress that we have is at least 2 years old now and it's durable and very comfortable the mattress kept it's form very well and is still great

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Problem with get rid of old mattress.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

If customers purchasing a new mattress to replace the one we want to get rid of, Ecosa should take care of it and offer free old mattress removal to all its customers whenever they purchase a new mattress from ecosa stores.
If problem with get rid of old mattress could be solved, I would have changed whole household mattresses to ecosa.

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

We changed from a very expensive spring mattress to ecosa. Couldn’t be happier. The best mattress we’ve ever bought. Great support for a good nights rest. Good quality and looks good. Quick delivery. No more back ache in the morning.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

I have tried many different mattresses looking for the right one over the past 15 years Have finally found it! We tried memory foam ones before as well but they were not like this one as we found very quickly that they didn’t do the job. This mattress, though firm, does support all of your body nicely and I certainly can’t feel my partner moving on it! We have had it about a month now and so far so good, I haven’t found it diminishing in any way so my fingers are crossed that it will last a long time. It did feel very different to any other mattress that I’ve had, and although it was comfortable from day one, I had to get used to the different feel but I’m really loving it! Thank you Ecosa

northern rivers nsw

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Ecosa Mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

Ordered mattress just before Easter and it arrived about 8 days later as we are rural and it was obviously over the Easter break.
Mattress feels good quality. After it had been unboxed for a few hours we laid on the mattress and it was solid. Like no give at all. So I swapped the comfort layer over the the ‘medium’ side and that is what we slept on from then on. We tried the mattress for a few weeks but my husband hated it. He said it was way too hard for him. I didn’t mind it as much but I did get a sore back. For people that prefer a very firm mattress, this mattress would be ideal. But it is definitely not a ‘medium’ or ‘medium firm’ by any means which is what I was expecting.
When I emailed ecosa to organise the return, they were very fast to respond to all my emails and very helpful. They couldn’t organise the salvos to pick up the mattress as we don’t live within their pickup area so the job was contracted out and picked up after about a week.
Refund was immediately issued after collection. I have never in all my life dealt with a company with that great of customer service.
Although we didn’t find a good match for ourselves with the mattress, I will definitely recommend ecosa for the quality and customer service provided, but as I said only for those who love a very firm mattress.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

The best mattress I've ever bought

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

Memory Foam is so much better than Spring Mattress. It provides immersive back support. I had some of the best sleeps on it that I haven't had it for a long time. Definitely the best mattress I've ever bought.

A few more points.
- Really good back support
- Right firmness for me (mid aged back sleeper)
- No disturbance to partner
- Reasonable price

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

This is perfect. Can't live without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

After sleeping on the same mattress for 20 years it was time for a change. Was a little apprehensive buying online but the 100 day trial sold us and we haven't looked back. Easy to purchase. Arrived in two days. Had a laugh setting it out from it's vacuum packed bag. Now sleeping on it and sleeping well. No sore hips anymore. Great support as it says. Just goes to show you how old the old mattress had gotten. Would recommend to anyone who asked!

Very comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

I chose an Ecosa mattress because I had had it with inner spring mattresses that, no matter how plush, kept poking me - I can always tell where the wires are. The Ecosa mattress is the opposite - so smooth and just soft enough. I do create a bit of a dip overnight, but it always springs back within an hour or so. I don't move much while sleeping and am over 100kg so this doesn't surprise me. The softness is pleasant - I need a bit of support to keep my back from revolting, but hard mattresses leave me sore. This one is just right, enough support that my back feels great, but no pressure points from being too hard. Delivery was no hassle, just a few days and it turned up on my doorstep (I asked them to leave it if no-one was home and they did just that). Would recommend to anyone who asked!

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

poor zip

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

Zip failed once
Replacement cover
Zips did not align new cover could not be used
Ecosa is aware of substandard zip manufacture yet uses the same supply from China. Alex

Purchased at: Appliances Direct Online

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Hi Alex, Sorry to hear you are unhappy. We have taken on the feedback about the zippers and have upgraded them. The zip are manufactured with the two piece of the cover together so there shoul... read more »

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

A year on...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

I've finally got around to writing a review almost a year after purchase, now to start from the beginning...

I chose Ecosa over Koala based on their returns policy, I was treating this purchase like an in home trial and if I was not convinced or even slightly dissatisfied it was going back. I liked that Ecosa would arrange collection of the mattress whereas Koala required me to organise and fund a return as I was not in a capital city (although Newcastle is hardly rural).

I ordered and paid online and waited. After almost a week I contacted Ecosa who said it should be here by now, and they would follow up. I spent the next 3 days calling Ecosa and the delivery company, being told that it was being looked into, but no one could tell me exactly how it was being looked into. Finally Ecosa agreed to send a replacement mattress and it was delivered overnight.

Unboxing was interesting, the kids loved watching. I looked for care instructions and details of how to change firmness as advertised but could not find any. There were, however, several high quality printed cards about how great the Ecosa mattress is. Kind of pointless as I had already purchased one, I'd much rather know now how to use & look after it than be reassured I'd made a great choice. I found the information I needed online after a bit of digging.

The mattress itself is great. We have a king and with the kids sneaking in of a night we regularly have 200kg+ sleeping all over the place and there are no imprints, dents, sags etc. The inevitable stains from toddlers have washed out of the cover and it looks brand new. It is by far the most comfortable mattress I have slept on and I look forward to it after sleeping away. I'll be getting one each from the kids when they're a bit older.

Never pay the price listed on the website, there is always a discount code floating around.

1 of 35 pages

What are the mattresses made of? Are they environmentally friendly?

Pernille B asked on Apr 25, 2018

Answer this

Yes, they are enviromently friendly. They are made of rubber and foam. If you look at their website you will get more information on the mattress

Im not sure if this question has been asked before but can you please provide me with a breakdown of all the components and chemicals used in the Ecosa mattress? I’ve had a bad allergic reaction to a tempurpedic/memory foam mattress purchased from a big brand company and really do not want to risk this occurring again. Also, are your mattresses ‘breathable’ and do you use any organic/natural components or are the mattresses all synthetic? Thanks

GiGi asked on Apr 19, 2018

Answer this

Health factors are what matter the most for us, we have made several improvements to this current version:

1. We do not use any flame retardant chemicals instead our flame retardant element is a woven silica sock that sits just under the cover. In a fire, the sock melts on itself and suffocates the oxygen needed to fuel the fire.

2. Though our water-based adhesive is more expensive, it eliminates unnecessary chemicals in your bed.

3. We only use natural latex which is ethically sourced from rubber trees. Our top latex layer is Class 1 OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified.

4. The waterproof inner protector is a very high-quality cover made of German microfilament fabric. It is a perfect durable protective barrier against dust mite allergens. Ensures your mattress last long and hygienic.

Ecosa mattress has environmental certifications that ensure they are safe and non-toxic. Our gel memory foam and base support foam are SGS certified. The highest standard that guarantees the foam is safe for use by babies and children.

My mattress came with blue side up (U.S order) which it says is medium. I thought they normally came medium firm up? My question is, after a week it still feels rock hard (and I always buy medium firm) but this is really hard, hurting my and my husbands back (and he NEVER hurts, he sleeps anywhere). Is there a recommendation of what to put on this too help soften it? I would hate to send back, ( I spent 4 months looking for the right mattress and thought this was it). Help!

2Ps Mama asked on Apr 16, 2018

Hello

We usually recommend to allow 2-4 weeks for your body to adjust to a new mattress and for the foams to soften to your body.

If after this time you are still unhappy, please email our team for further advice

See all 69 questions about Ecosa Mattress