Melbourne, VIC

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

Love!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Very comfortable and supportive. The edges of the mattress stay firm even when you sit on the edge of the mattress. Right amount of firmness when laying down. I am a side sleeper and my husband is a back sleeper and we both get a good nights sleep with no aches and pain. We thought it to be wise to purchase another comparative mattress on the market to compare with the ecosa for our holiday house only to have it returned as it doesn’t measure up to the ecosa. I don’t usually review products but thought I have to give a review on this. Highly recommend.

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Have slept very soundly on my ecosa mattress. Extremely comfortable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

It is firm and supportive yet softly conforms to the body. My sleep quality has improved from sleeping on the ecosa. Mattress quality seems excellent after one month of use.

Absolutely perfect!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Since getting my mattress I don't wake through the night with my legs aching and when I wake of a morning no aches in my back. Love my mattress. Best purchase I have made.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

This is great to hear Caz! Happy sleeping!

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

I'm so happy it was everything they promised

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

My partner and I are both extremely happy with my mattress. It is supremely comfortable, We are sleeping well and the mattress is holding it's shape just fine so far.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thanks for your review Alison! We are so glad to hear you are sleeping well!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Horrendous customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

I recently had a terrible customer service experience with Ecosa. My mattress was due on a Saturday, same day delivery, and ordered well in advance. I did not have much communication up until the Friday, so I enquired with the team to check the progress. They advised that because I entered the wrong suburb, I can't receive the mattress until the following week. Interestingly enough, the suburb is automatically populated from their end when you enter your street address, therefore the fault was their own, and absolutely no support was provided. The only resolve was a discount code to be used on future purchases, funnily enough I was not interested in being prompted to spend more money, for a company's mistake so I requested a full refund. Later that evening a manager called and offered to proceed with my purchase and offer a $30 refund for my inconvenience! The amount was pitiful, and I already went with Koala. Highly recommend Koala, fantastic service, and products!

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Hi Tessa, We do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during this process. The fields are automated using information from Google so we have reported that this inconsistency occurred and a... read more »

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Love this mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

I was concerned that a foam mattress would get too hot, it doesn’t. It gives good support and doesn’t move when my partner rolls over or twitches which makes for a much better nights sleep. There was no initial rubbery smell which was also a concern. The mattress came straight out of the box and was fully expanded, comfortable and ready to use within an hour.
Early days yet so no idea how it will hold up over time, but it does have a 15 year warranty..

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thanks for your review Meg, happy sleeping!

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Mattress Sinks In Badly and causes terrible lower back pain

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

My husband and I have been using this mattress for 5 months now. We noticed after the 100 nights it would start to sink down terribly where we both slept. We tried flipping the mattress to different sides and firmness setting but it still has the same issue.

We literally cannot sleep on the mattress anymore without it causing us back pain. The surface of the mattress is so uneven, we have a huge mountain lump in between us and we aren’t even heavy people.

Now that it’s past the 100 nights. The website makes it clear we have no right to a refund.

Looks like we will be throwing it out.

Really disappointing.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Hi Nadia, Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your mattress. Although you have passed the trial period in which the matttress can be returned, you are still well within the warranty per... read more »

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

These guys make great products and have great service. Naturally, a personal product like a mattress or pillow will be subject to personal opinion and preference. They have a commitment to provide service that's above and beyond and also have a dedication in helping local communities with their returned products, which I have seen at work firsthand.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thanks Wes!

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Worst thing I ever bought!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Hardest mattress any of my 6 family members have slept on.
ALL of us have so much back pain after 3 weeks of use.
No help from customer service! And not a genuine return policy.

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

It may be a 5 star.....

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

I've just abandoned a ten year old sprung designed mattress with matching sprung base, herein lies the comparison;
The former mattress was comfortable but slightly soft for my tastes. Moving to the ecosa mattress is a very different experience. Firstly the lack of bounce that is associated with sprung mattresses is gone, the initial impression is like landing on a padded sack of wheat, but don't let this deter you. After settling in, I was surprised and delighted with the comfort and support the ecosa mattress provides. It feels deceptively hard if you drop onto it quickly but the top layers do provide a sufficiently plush feel without any sensation of sinking in and being engulfed.
I had two sleeps using the original sprung base but the best and most comfortable configuration came with using a solid frame base with rigid slats, the mattress feels firmer but not harder and the edge, while sinky is effective at supporting ones body with no sensation of wanting to roll.
Temperature control appears to be right on the money as well which is a big plus.
I have high hopes for this mattress, the 15 year warranty is a statement in implied quality but with only a few nights down following the super speedy delivery (which was painless if not informative) has set a very good tone for customer satisfaction. One hopes this will continue for many years to come

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Bad shoulder pain

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

Made the mistake of getting a king for my wife and I, and a king single for my daughter, we are all side sleepers and all have shoulder problems since getting the ecosa, also wasted more money on a topper to help, it has body dents after a few months.
They are to hard, doesn't matter if you flip the foam, buy a proper spring mattress

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Nice firm mattress with just enough give.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Been sleeping with this for about 18 months now. Was a bit too firm the first week but I really like it now and wouldn't go back to a spring matress now. It does get softer after a month. Firmness is subjective but I like what I have. Doesnt affect my partner when I move on the mattress. Flip the mattress to change the firmness. Would get another when the other mattress requires changing.

• 3 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Hard as a rock and won't refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Far too hard for me, causing terrible pain and refuse to refund me until 14day is up!! No way can I sleep on this, causing all kind of health issues and they simply don't care and try and argue the point. Dont fall for their sales tactics they wont arrange a refund.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Hi Holly, We are sorry to hear you aren’t loving our mattress. As you have been advised via email we are more than happy to arrange your return after the minimum trial period has passed. Once the ... read more »

I’m still waiting for my refund a month later... don’t trust the reviews on their website as they removed mine and only trust the verified purchasers on this site.

Ecosa Mattress Official

Hi Holly, Sorry to hear you are still awaiting your refund, I have checked our system and can see your refund was processed August 24th back via the original payment method. We are happy to follow ... read more »

Auckland

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

The mattress WILL become hardened and unsupportive, but not until your 100 night trial has expired

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2018

We purchased this mattress in hopes of it being perfect for us. Although it was hard initially, the theory behind memory foam is that it would soften eventually, so we persisted.
Around the six month mark, the mattress became so compressed that it literally feels like sleeping on a rock. In fact lying on my floor is more comfortable, and I have switched to using an inflatable air mattress, which is at least five times more comfortable.
The mattress sags under your body weight, but it will not be covered under warranty as they expect to see 20 mm of dip in the mattress WITHOUT any body weight on it. This would equate to something like 6-10 cm of dip when you are actually on it, which is the equivalent of sleeping in a hole - and not a soft one! The memory foam compresses so much that you end up with your heaviest points (hip and shoulder for side sleepers) in direct contact with the hard, unforgiving base foam layer.
After EXTENSIVE discussion with the manager [name removed] at Ecosa, they first offered a memory foam topper, which didn't help at all since it also compresses too much under your body weight (note: we are average weight - 60 kg and 80 kg). Then Ecosa offered a replacement mattress with 'new and improved' materials. This mattress was in fact worse for this problem, and it makes no difference whether it is on a very supportive slat bed or directly on the floor - it's so uncomfortable at this point that I literally cannot sleep on it.

On top of all of this, in spite of repeated discussion with Ecosa, they say that the only warrantable fault is this 20 mm dip (which it has, but you cannot see it when there is no weight on it, which Ecosa stipulates as a requirement). Thus they will not refund my money, and I am left with a mattress that I received less than two months ago (they are not honouring the 100 night trial on the replacement mattress), that is completely unusable.

Terrible mattress, terrible quality, terrible customer service. Just avoid it. Buy a bed from a store where you can actually try it. And if you have even a HINT of discomfort during your trial period, do not persist. Return it immediately.

Awful awful experience.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Tweed Heads

Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Great product - speedy delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

The mattress is firm but I like the fact you can adjust this. Delivery was sup quick and the process very simple. Very happy with the entire process. Will take advantage of the 100 day trial (which is also pretty cool) should it not be right for my son, however so far so good!

Good mattress so far...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

-About 2 months into my Ecosa mattress experience
-Read probably hundreds of reviews, across all different websites, about ALL of the available bed in a box mattresses, and nailed in on this one, simply because I have always fancied myself as a firm mattress kinda guy. --Not easy purchase; I guess I'm the type that doesn't want to get it wrong
-In the first week of trialing, my expectations were challenged
-The mattress to me feels more like a futon than anything else I've slept on in that it doesn't have that spring bounce, but its way better than a futon
-My first week was exciting, mixed with pleasure and doubt. I think my body was adjusting and so there was some restlessness through the first week, with a little bit of pain through the back and some headaches throughout the night, morning, and day
-This mattress is changing my beliefs about what sleep is supposed to be/feel like.I'm staying asleep, not tossing and turning due to back/shoulder/neck pain, only waking around 2-5 times a night due to natural causes ie needing to use the toilet/thirsty/bad dream, I'm waking in the morning refreshed, and less sluggish compared to my sleeps before which included waking at least 15 (up to 30+ times) times a night, waking and not being able to get back to sleep due to pain which only exacerbated my trouble of getting back to sleep.
-I now know that having a good mattress aids in relieving the perpetuating cycle of bringing a disorderly mental game with you to bed time. I now have confidence each time I sleep that this sleep will be a good one. It's basically stopped the bad sleep cycle.
-I'm falling asleep quicker than ever on this mattress (some nights im asleep in 5 mins).
-I am looking forward to getting into bed every night knowing that I am going to get a restful nights sleep (instead of dreading sleep because of the previous lifelong struggle all night, morning)
-It takes time with this mattress to get used to it, especially if you've slept on springs your whole life
-I've alway had lower, middle, and upper back issues. These are fading quickly.
-I'm a half stomach sleeper throughout the night but stomach sleeping on this mattress gives me lower back pain quickly. I haven't tried the medium setting yet so perhaps that might give some relief but I've been side-sleeping 95% of the time which just shows how good this mattress is for support as I used to sleep over 50% of the night on stomach on other beds. I'm quite happy to side sleep. I've always wanted to be more of a back sleeper because of the benefits and feel this is the perfect mattress for this in the future.
-This mattress is worth at try. My mind still has that nagging voice that perhaps there is a better mattress out there..but how good can a mattress be really? I think this is about as good as it gets for me.

Pat

Brisbane

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Wasn't for me - but 100 day money back guarantee was honoured without issues.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2018

I've read a few 1 star reviews trashing this mattress and thought I'd offer somewhat of a counter, here.

I wasn't really sure what mattress would suit me (I have always slept on free mattresses that I didn't shop for). I had a feeling that I was a softer mattress type person. Reading up, I knew this would be a risky proposition in ordering one of these mattress in a box sellers because they do tend towards more medium and up. That being said, I had to try because surely I could handle medium?

As soon as I lay on it, I knew this was completely different from the regular cheapfoam / springed stuff I have slept on and I suspected it might give me issue because my posterior was not sinking in as much as I was used to. I think if I were an on back sleeper (I am a side sleeper), things would be fine - but over the course of about 4 weeks, what started to happen was I would get about 4-5 hours into my sleep and then I would be tossing and turning for the rest of the sleep. I started to get up with an absolutely obliterated lower back which would take hours to calm down and after a few weeks of this, I had to grudgingly admit that I could not sleep on this mattress. Not to toot my own horn, but I routinely deadlift relatively large amounts of weight without issue - so I would say the lower back is not in too bad of a condition.

Aside from my inability to get used to it - I liked the mattress, I was happy with the experience (delivery, presentation, process) and the chemical smell was gone relatively quickly - but the mattress wasn't for me. In fact, I'm back to sleeping on the absolute scummiest crappy foam mattress that you can buy (and much happier for it because it is far softer).

I contacted Ecosa and they were excellent in refunding and getting the mattress donated to the Salvation Army.

Now, my point here is.. just because this mattress isn't for you doesn't make it a 1 star mattress. If you were able to return the mattress and get your money back, how could that be a 1 star experience? If you are a softer mattress sleeper, you might need to accept that these memory foam mattress are not for you.

(And FYI, I was offered the topper at no charge, but I was truthful that I might only try it for a night and still struggle and they opted to refund, so again, thumbs up to ecosa for being decent).

So the take home from this is: Good product, Good service - but beware if you have an inkling that the firmness might get to you, beware.

Comments
Ecosa Mattress Official

Thank you for this thoughtful review! We are sorry that our mattress was not suitable for your needs but are happy to hear you were satisfied with the return process :)

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

I did find this mattress quite firm to begin with after sleeping on a spring mattress, however, I was able to get used to it quickly.

I find this mattress is very good at keeping cool.

I have noticed A slight indentation on the side that I prefer to sleep on after 8 months of sleeping on it.

Melbourne

Date Purchased: Jun 2018

A Great Nights Sleep at last!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

We were a little bit dubious about buying a mattress online and in a box no less. I ordered it late on a Saturday night and it was delivered Monday morning. We were also told that it might be a bit firm and we would need some time to get used to it, but could change the layers around to make it softer but there was no need, it was perfect from the get go. With a fifteen year warranty we feel that we have made the correct descision to purchase it.

Best mattress ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

I had looked for a mattress which is suitable for my body for years and Ecosa King size mattress is surely a final one because I actually felt my sleep and body very comfortable from the first night. Highly recommended.

1 of 38 pages

Hi Ecosa Team, Can you please advise if the ecosa beds have no turn technology. What I mean is if 2 people are sleeping on the bed and one moves would the other person will the move on the bed. Please do let me know. best regards, Yash.

Yash N asked on Oct 08, 2018

Hey Yash,

Our foams are designed to offer zero partner disturbance so you will sleep through all sorts bustle :)

We just got our mattress delivered. What level of firmness would be on the top when we unpack it? Thanks :)

Steph asked on Sep 15, 2018

Hey Steph,
Thanks for your query! At delivery the mattress is configured to the medium setting (blue layer of gel memory foam on top)

Please let us know if you have any further questions :)

It will be set on either, "really hard" or " extra really hard"

I have received my super king mattress 2 weeks ago and its the latest Ecosa 2 mattress does this have the levels of firmness ie medium/medium to firm and firm or just medium firm to medium, also is it natural latex or is it synthetic latex, also even after 2 weeks of letting the mattress breath it still smells very strong. Cheers Derek

Derek asked on Sep 06, 2018

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your question !

The current mattress has three levels of firmness- medium, medium-firm and firm :)

We no longer use latex, we now use our proprietary Eco-Tex Foam, made using open-Cell technology, this layer contours to your body shape and has the same bouncy feel as latex but is lighter and cooler than latex. It also has a longer lifespan and is safer for individuals with allergies to latex..

Sorry to hear you are noticing a scent with your mattress. Contrary to the above comment, this is NOT a common occurrence. Unlike most other competing brands, our foams are certified by CertiPUR as safe and non-toxic. This means our foams are free from ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants, mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates and are tested to be of low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million). Of course as with any new product, there may be a mild scent for a few days(although as mentioned above it is completely non-toxic), but it should fade away quickly. We recommend you take off the bedding during the day and leave your door and window open to air it out. You can also wash the mattress cover to get rid of the new mattress smell faster :)

Hope this helps! If not, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team :)

Right, the smell has now gone, was there Friday but Sunday has gone completely, found the firm side too firm so using the medium to firm side and already getting use to it after 4 days and now feels comfy, on the firm side had very bad back pain and was only sleeping 4 hours per night and now lower back pain has decreased by 75% using the medium to firm side, hopefully after a few more weeks of my body getting use to the new mattress it will be ZZZZZZZZZZ every night.

See all 77 questions about Ecosa Mattress