Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

Waste of money. You cannot even search. You have to choose for a minimum eHarmony propose as match, it’s actually not a match.

Glendenning

Private message

Waste of money and no active matches

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Do not use this site. No active matches.
They keep deducting money and won’t allow me to delete account. No help from email support team.

Sydney

Poor service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

Very poor experience with eHarmony. You can't choose people you like - they send you 3-5 "matches" per day - who are hardly up to your standard:) and those one or two who are really nice - have inactive profiles:) I have a strong feeling - successful intelligent people just don't sit on dating sites. RSVP is the most decent alternative - if you have stomach to tolerate endless kisses from ugly freaky members:))) (men) I don't. There are a lot of gorgeous single women there though. I am wishing an every woman to find THAT man.

Verified Customer

Well they advertise it well, when you enter for free you see so many people but you can't do anythin

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

Deceitful. Easy and encouraging , but once you're there you realise you're just locked. You can't get a refund. They don't help you at all and the number of people you can contact is very small

Private message

The man I met was not who he portrayed as the man he really was

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

I am now in a legal matter as the man I met through E harmony is now claiming de facto and suing me for $150,000

Private message

eHarmony is a big waste of money and time! Especially if you are educated, there won't be anyone who

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

eHarmony is a big waste of your money and time! Especially if you are educated, there won't be anyone who can be matched with you. You only get new matches in the first few days, after that it'll be one per week! I think all current members are so disappointed that they've stopped even checking anymore. Most profiles are just a big lie, starting by a photo that looks ten years older than the age they've claimed. Old men who can be your father send you smiley face!! Unbelievably terrible!!

Give it a miss

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

A total rip-off. No communication. the same dreary 10 matches for a month and then I gave up - too awful.

NSW

waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

the website ad is not true. shud'v read reviews before i signed up. in a span of 1 week, got only 1 just 1 daily match while other websites would send 5 free daily matches like rsvp. so yea not worth it at all

Sydney NSW

• 1 answer
Private message

Keep tabs on your account settings. They can change without you noticing.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2018

Hi

Be careful
Read small print
Check your billing account regularly

I just checked my subs which is due to expire Or auto renew on 22 May 2018. That's cool agree with that
Then says it will auto renew at AUS $23.85 For three months. Also cool. I am on it now. Was a promo and it's just over $7 per month
however. ...then goes on to say Auto renew will be paid in 3 instalments of $23.85!!!
In other words they are most likely trying to slip a bigger subs past me
I have pointed this out to them.Will be interesting to see if this 'error' is rectified. Or whether it's their way of culling members
Either way people. Just be very alert and check the status of your account regularly. I have now found its not set in stone.

Cheers
Zan

SyYdney

Private message

Continue to charge your account even after you cancel subscription

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

I cancelled my subscription and they have continued to charge money to my account. I received an email from eharmony in January confirming my account had been closed and subscription cancelled. Yet they have just charged $185 to my account. My friends have had same experience. When I called I spoke to someone with limited English who put me in hold for 10 mins then just told me to send an email. I have not heard back

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

No love to be found - don’t waste your hard earned money!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

I signed up for a 3 month membership. I was willing to pay $185 for 3 months of access to potentially find love. Quickly discovering the lack of quality on the website. I currently have 400 messages waiting in the inbox. It was just overwhelming and off putting. I have submitted feedback forms and all sorts with no response. Finally I deleted to app. To my surprised I have now had a further $185 deducted from my account. I am absolutely fuming as this is not what I signed up for! The app is utterly useless to use. I doubt I will get my additional payment back.
Now I’ve wasted more of my hard earned money and no love to be found! So glad the rich get richer and we just get cheated! Wish I read the reviews first!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Geelong

Verified Customer

Terrible customer service / never respond

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

Hi, this site is easy to use and easy to sign up to. But once you’re a member, it’s near impossible to take a break or time out, or even cancel! I didn’t find the matches were any where near close enough in distance to me so wanted out..I tried contacting them via the app help with no response. I tried via their website but couldn’t log on, options where greyed out. Now they’ve deducted another 3 months from my account which I just don’t want. Beware! What seems easy might be too problematic.

Death

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2018

My husband died recently it was an unexpected death. I am deep in grief. E Harmony has somehow got my email address and keeps sending me messages. I demand you cease and desist immediately. I find these emails very disturbing and an invasion of my privacy. You as a company have no morals or ethics of value. What kind of people drive this company?

Private message

If you live regional IE Tasmania don't pin your hope to sit match ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

No matches in Tasmania whatsoever or the ones in Australia suddenly disappeared after conversation started flowing... As in when I gave my phone number... After the match had asked me for it...The match had disappeared and I was advised by disharmony or rather eharmony that match had moved on.. Or had been removed... For my safety
In my my early 50... And female.. And in Tasmania living.. When I open up distance to worldwide setting... only get heaps matches from US.. And one that connected with me and at stage me having given my phone number.. Match according
to disharmony advice match was removed for my safety... Other wise Never got a response to my messages... To matches... A tip for you on your phone bank account app my bank teller showed me today on how to turn off credit charges by offshore to Australia companies.. As in now eh can't take money out from my visa card...

Toowoomba

If I could score it zero then I would

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2018

Joined up for 3 months (the cheapest option) and knew it was a con after day 1. Specifically said I was only interested in men within a 50km distance between the ages of 30-40. Majority of “matches” were over 200kms away and either 20 or 50 with zero similar interests (even after completely their ridiculous survey). The cancellation process was equally as frustrating. Dead set scam. They will automatically renew your subscription unless you cancel beforehand, and you can’t do it via the app, you’ve got to Google it and turns out you have to do it via your iPhone settings. Utter garbage.

• 8 helpful votes

No action

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

I joined thinking it was for 3 months. Did not read the fine print as they sting you for a years subscription. Not many matches and the traffic is next to none. I would say a lot have left their accounts and moved to better dating sites. I went to cancel what I thought was a 3 month subscription only to find that I am binded for the year! Very disappointed.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Poor effort for a dating site that is meant to be one of the elite dating sites

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

The efforts us singles go to to find love that really is not existant these days I got a new credit card was told by family to give dating sites a crack , all that's come of my life now is debt I have no money still no women into my life im just a lonely man living on my own it's been a poor effort by both party's the dating apps and the other single women on these dating apps , and people are not friendly when you go out to find love , I give up I just work come home that's my life and even though I'm working hard I'm still getting no where in life the cost of living is a joke people have become a joke and I'll be living as a hermit from now on goodbye lady's . Words from the heart .

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

So disappointing :(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

I paid $150 (3 months) just so I could see their photos! Matches are few and far between. I didn't restrict my search too much and get max 12 matches per day, and you can't search for more matches you have to wait til the next day. Guys make no effort on their profiles, and of course you get the losers that write messages making out that your profile is special and they took the time to read my profile....funny that, I can see who has and hasn't bothered to read my profile before contacting me. Shallow much? I'm a female and reading all this feedback on numerous dating sites is so disheartening. I made a complaint and they were so desperate to keep me the slashed my membership by $130! Wow talk about red flag. I feel like that 'forever alone' sketch lol. I'm an attractive girl that doesn't find it hard to get dates...I just don't have the time in the 'real world'.

Private message

BEWARE - they take out money from your account for 'extra features' that are obviously an extra cost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Hard to get in touch with them, and when you do, their service is non-existent!!!! Hate them.
Wish I read the reviews first!! Go elsewhere!

Unbelievably bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

A lot of the profiles are a scam. Very rare that people actually communicate on it. The app is terrible... doesn't work properly. Use your money elsewhere.

1 of 27 pages

Signed up & within 2 days following money being deducted from my account, unable to access site, requested refund as did read the T & C's, 'cooling off period' 3 days, to date, have sent 3 e-mails on the site with no reply & no refund & still unable to access the site!!! Anyone else had a similar experience???

Dolph asked on Jul 21, 2017

Answer this

I also had emails that went unanswered. Just keep chasing them up and if they refuse to reply, ask your credit card company to reverse the charges. In my experience, Eharmony are terrible at customer service and do not always adhere to their own terms and conditions.

Our team is available Monday to Friday between 7am and 8pm AEST and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm AEST.

Phone:1800 623 801

Email: Click Here

Chat: Click Here
Did you try to talk to them on the phone?
also there is a chat service....( I had use and is ok)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you paid by Pay Pal you may ask for a refund for not delivering the service .
also advise you to stop all future automatc deductions payments .There is a section in Pay Pal where you can do yourself the cancellation.
if is the Bank you must call your Bank.
Because you are on the 3 days refund deal...keep your dated email to argue your case to them and be able to get money refunded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to get out...There too many scammers in e-Harmony...and every time I chat with a contact they remove it the following day for "security reason"
no real apologizes or explanation..total ..control!! you are for them just a money making object..I cannot get out till Sep.. and this is the 4th contact they have removed.and I just join 3 weeks ago...of course I have not met NO ONE.. Is all a joke!!!

In my opinion - my sweat on a hot summers day is better than eharmony

How much does it cost to join?

Tan asked on Apr 17, 2017

Answer this

$22 a month on a 50% discount and they hold your credit card number ... They charge for a year over three payments and you cqnt get a refund . Read the small print .:totally fraud accounts, all removed after first contact! !

Way more than it's worth in my opinion

Ive cancelled my account and removed my pictures. I can't seem to get my profile down ...its still on there. How do I get them to remove me and stop emailing?

Becca asked on Nov 28, 2016

Answer this

Contact customer service, i had the same problem. I had to contact them 3 or 4 times before i got any response.
I added them to my blocked sender list or mark email as spam.
If you paid with credit card check your statements to make sure they havent over charged you.

Becca - I changed my profile to a ridiculous photo I found of a man in a leotard - stated I was 102 and made the description unuseable. This stopped them from using my profile.