They don't let you cancel even they give you only six male profile.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

E-harmony is a scam. Be careful!! Even they provided an extremely limited number of profiles (for me only six male) to you, they do not allow you to cancel your membership unless you pay the remain (total 200 dollars). They claim the number of profiles they can provide is depending on circumstance and not their responsibility. But you have a responsibility to pay the rest of membership fee.

Following is the final message they sent to me. I am so so disappointed by e-harmony and angry with their 'service'. Watch out e-harmony. If you are thinking to join online dating service, join any but not e-harmony!!! That's for sure!! Other online dating services provide much more profiles you will be interested in.

final letter from e-harmony
I have received your recent inquiry regarding a refund and regret to hear that you have had a less than satisfactory experience using our service. As mentioned in our Terms and Conditions of Service, eHarmony is unable to guarantee the quantity, quality or type of matches a customer may receive, as this is determined in large part by the specific settings/preferences a customer selects. We are also unable to guarantee a successful outcome from using our service, although, we have found that many members have successfully found the love of their life by using our service.

thieves

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

They took my money willing and then when I tried to use the site it told me that I have to pay Again!,
so I contacted them about this issue, the best they could do was ask me for my banking details over phone, of course I didn't do that.

Point Lonsdale

Don’t Join

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I warn you this company does not offer any value fir money
They say free trial and before you go any further you gave to join, you pay in advance and then when they cannot offer the service they say they will. They will not cancel your subscription

grave yard

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

DO NOT pay for this service. it's overly expensive and you'll barely get anyone look at your profile let alone meet anyone. they just want your $$ unfortunately

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Terrible service, 10 minutes of questions to come to the end & have to pay after it stated it was for free. Dodgy, stay clear.

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Imagine having a food blender with no buttons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Im still laughing, this was the quickest sign up and depart ever. As soon as I got through their maze of rhetorical blah blah questions, I could not go further until I signed up for a subscription. EG it stuck me from moving on at that point. So I bailed the internet and started , I logged in again finding out that my profile had no navigation. I mean nothing to press and nothing to see. Their subscriptions are far too expensive compared to the other dating sites I have been on. But this stalling effect they can have , so I quit the account.

Waste of time score 105% out of nothing

Moderately evil

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

Most important part! Eharmony will auto renew if you don't tell it to stop. And to do this you will have to cancel auto renewal, this process has been designed to make it look like you are cancelling your account. I won't, it just stops the auto renewal(taking your money) Don't believe any thing they say on the adds about finding the perfect match, all their clever software amounts to is that you only get a handful of matches each day rather than access to everyone using the site. The software doesn't check if the matches are active either, 80% of my matches hadn't logged in in the previous 3 months.

Scam!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

They just take your money after your subscription is up, and without pernission! It is a real scam!
I had to visit my banking branch to get my money back, and to stop them from robbing me of my momey.

Do not use this site if you value keeping your money.

Elwood, Vic

• 6 helpful votes

Not for me!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

This was the second time i tried eHarmony. The advertising sucked me in... again, I should have known better. A waste of time, effort and money. Matches were totally unsatisfactory. They promise the world and they don't deliver. If you ask me, most matches weren't even active or paid up members, therefore a total waste of time.

Narromine

Waste of money - scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2017

Biggest waste of time and money. No matches are ever even close to suitable, the charge a bomb and make it hear impossible to cancel your subscription. Just download tinder and save the cash..

Private message

Unauthorised credit card withdrawal.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

They withdrew money out of my credit account without authorisation. I purchased a years subscription as a gift for my mother and the following year they redefined my credit account, when I asked for them to fix up this error I was ignored and even hung up on.

Melbourne

Be careful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

What to say. This is an interesting site. They seem to make stuff up as they go, promise with sincerity they will address your concerns in 48hrs but going on my current experience no so. I will declare i have used the site previously and apart from the cost was working as expected it was better in some respects to other sites as the amount of spamners, scammers, fakes and bots was way less than many others i looked at. After taking a break and giving removed my profile i decided as i had used before with good outcomes i will try again. But this time was different. I started their sign up process all was going well. I was putting up photos as recommended, absolutely nothing that could offend the pope himself, standard photos of being on holidays or doing various hobbies. I had not even signed up yet but at that point i get an email from eharmony saying i had broken some code of practice and i was banned. I was stupified. I went back through everything mostly it was me answering their survey then entering some details about like dislikes etc as required. None of the information could even come close to be regarded as inappropriate or breaking any rules. It was all very mundane information not even a suggestion or hint of impropriety. I tried to call the help center a few times no luck. I got into the service center eventually (twice) and explained my situation. The people were courteous and helpful but each time i was reffered to the team that takes care if the safety and security or similar team. Again explained the issues. First time i was supposedly sent an email to fill in and they get back to me in 48 hrs. I never got it. (yes checked spam and out box). I rang again repeated the whole thing again but received the email this time. I filled in the issues immediately and sent back. I have been waiting 2 weeks now with no reply and no way to find out what the problem is so i can fix it or explain it as there is no way anything is inappropriate or offensive by any measure of anyones morality.
They have this highbrow approach to customers as if we are something that is there to annoy them. If they are banning you then by rights the issue should be highlighted to allow you to fix it or show that there is an issue in the programming. Even worse this was before the information was even permitted to get anywhere near the web. site. If you put in a policy of getting back to people inside a time frame them respond even if its still we are looking into it. It is not fair to real customers with real issues. In today's world of social interaction and sites like these companies need to be more aware of issues that customers have or it can spiral out in to the social media world in a way that makes it impossible for the company to get back in control of. I would still like to know what i supposedly did wrong so will try to find out. But i doubt i will use and will not recommend as i did in the past.

NEVER JOIN EHARMONY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

I so wish I'd read the reviews before joining.... total waste of money.... either no matches.... or get scammers...or just terrible matches...

Lame

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Don't waste your money people!! I have sadly done this thing twice just to not rule it out- bad talent on offer, have never chosen anyone from this..

Scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Wish I had seen these reviews before signing up. The auto renew has just stung me, and when I cancelled my subscription, it told me I still have a payment to make. I found a partner through Happn.

Auto renew is a scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Once you sign up Auto renew is automatically on, they say they make that clear when they don't. After eating a few months with no good matches you assume that's it then BAM money starts coming out again. Very expensive for what you get. Most people are on multiple dating sites and you can probably find your love elsewhere for free.

Sydney

Private message

A good way to meet some genuine people, but read T&Cs carefully!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

As most users have written, the biggest drawbacks are:
1. Automatic renewal (at least a few hundred dollars) if you are not vigilant and end your subscription on time. You must keep track. They do everything to try to get you to renew! Seriously you have to click through 3+ dialog boxes before you're allowed to leave.

Also your account is not deleted even if you end your subscription. It's just inactive and people still get matched with you. Then they click on you and the program says you have "...left the building".
You need to email eH customer care to get it deleted. It takes about 3 emails.

2. A lot of matches are inactive. See above. This can be frustrating.

I found you will run out of matches after 2-3 months (that are within reasonable geography). Then after that you only get 1-3 per week, instead of 5-10 a day.

I think however it is not a bad way to meet a few genuine people. Quite a few professionals on the site. Definitely the number one way as a professional woman in your 30s to meet a decent quantity of people.

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Avoid at all cost or it will cost you...BIG time!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Service was very mediocre. Most matches were not really suitable. But that's not the real issue, as no dating site can control the people who join in that sense. The real issues is that this company makes it virtually impossible to cancel your subscription. Then, with no notification they go ahead and keep renewing your subscription by charging your credit card. I didn't even realized I was still being charged as I thought I had cancelled the subscription. Very dirty tricks as they then try to pass it on to third party to try and get a refund. I am very disappointed as I thought this was an ethical company to deal with.

• 1 answer

IT'S A CON

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2017

Join for FREE and that's it!! You can't view any potential partners photos or messages. Nor can you write and send messages til you pay for a ridiculous subscription! GIVE IT A BIG FAT MISS EVERYONE

eHarmony - worst dating site ever - And they cheat you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I got on eharmony and requested cancellation in 2 days. Every match was shorter than me and over 50kms away!! It was dreadful. I requested cancellation and they offered a 21 day obligation free extension. Just to get off the phone, I accepted it. I then requested cancellation again and after many emails back and forth they have said its outside 3 days and I'll not get a refund. Its an absolute disgrace. Give it a miss

1 of 26 pages

Signed up & within 2 days following money being deducted from my account, unable to access site, requested refund as did read the T & C's, 'cooling off period' 3 days, to date, have sent 3 e-mails on the site with no reply & no refund & still unable to access the site!!! Anyone else had a similar experience???

Dolph asked on Jul 21, 2017

Answer this

I also had emails that went unanswered. Just keep chasing them up and if they refuse to reply, ask your credit card company to reverse the charges. In my experience, Eharmony are terrible at customer service and do not always adhere to their own terms and conditions.

Our team is available Monday to Friday between 7am and 8pm AEST and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm AEST.

Phone:1800 623 801

Email: Click Here

Chat: Click Here
Did you try to talk to them on the phone?
also there is a chat service....( I had use and is ok)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you paid by Pay Pal you may ask for a refund for not delivering the service .
also advise you to stop all future automatc deductions payments .There is a section in Pay Pal where you can do yourself the cancellation.
if is the Bank you must call your Bank.
Because you are on the 3 days refund deal...keep your dated email to argue your case to them and be able to get money refunded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to get out...There too many scammers in e-Harmony...and every time I chat with a contact they remove it the following day for "security reason"
no real apologizes or explanation..total ..control!! you are for them just a money making object..I cannot get out till Sep.. and this is the 4th contact they have removed.and I just join 3 weeks ago...of course I have not met NO ONE.. Is all a joke!!!

In my opinion - my sweat on a hot summers day is better than eharmony

How much does it cost to join?

Tan asked on Apr 17, 2017

Answer this

$22 a month on a 50% discount and they hold your credit card number ... They charge for a year over three payments and you cqnt get a refund . Read the small print .:totally fraud accounts, all removed after first contact! !

Way more than it's worth in my opinion

Ive cancelled my account and removed my pictures. I can't seem to get my profile down ...its still on there. How do I get them to remove me and stop emailing?

Becca asked on Nov 28, 2016

Answer this

Contact customer service, i had the same problem. I had to contact them 3 or 4 times before i got any response.
I added them to my blocked sender list or mark email as spam.
If you paid with credit card check your statements to make sure they havent over charged you.

Becca - I changed my profile to a ridiculous photo I found of a man in a leotard - stated I was 102 and made the description unuseable. This stopped them from using my profile.