women be ware don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

I got matched with old men who lied one man said he wanted to get married never met another match said he was fourtyfive was clearly fifty five another match was hostile when couldn't meet him he was repulsive with bad attitude women be ware don't bother with e harmony i was knoest why these men felt need to lie

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Sign up experience was long, however for me very worthwhile. I met my partner, now husband on eharmony 3.5 years ago. We hit it off straight away. We were perfectly matched, surprisingly! I had my doubts but with a lot of encouragement gave it a go. Great match for us, not only married but now also have a 6 month old child together. Very happy after using other not so nice sites prior to that. All I can say is be patient!

Poorly matched

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

This isn't a great experience. I've found the majority of guys have one or two lines to describe themselves and for this reason, I haven't found anyone I'd be comfortable contacting. The men who have contacted me are from different states and outside my preferences. Disappointing for sure.

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Horrible experience. I signed up just for special 1 month trial which was about $29 . God know why they end up charge me for 59.90 each month for 6 month . Then when I called they said I chose 6 month plan .excusive me , I was not that desperate that wanted to pay a total $359 AUD for dating. How ridiculous is that ? On top of that , can't even cancel the scription without paying the rest of instalment fee . This is total scam.

E-Harmony Absolutely Hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I would have to agree with the other reviews on here (there is also a consumer affairs website based in the USA stating word for word what the 13+ pages on Product review are stating.

The matching is atrocious, almost no matches. And again, you send smiles, and 'icebreakers' and then suddenly the person just dissipates into thin air.

And for the record, others here have said that the profiles on E-Harmony are genuine and it's not a 'meat market' - For the record I've found at least a dozen people on E-Harmony that are on other rather s
alacious websites where they claim not to want a 'relationship'.

If a company is operating a website under a dot com dot au website you should be subject to our consumer laws and legislation all round. A dot com dot au website, can supposedly only be set if you have an ABN, so my answer to all this is WT% . To be based in Mauritius, is totally and utterly unacceptable.

I've got an idea though...... perhaps we can all put our age/status/gender/state at the bottom of our reviews and match ourselves up with each other!?? Because, I swear we have more chance of being matched on here than on E-Harmony - where you have about as much chance as Hell freezing over!

gosford

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Be aware e-Harmony is after ONLY your money!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I join 2 weeks ago, paid $59.85 for 3 months, special offer because I complain for the $200 offer!!.
I had lots of contacts the first few days I reply to their questions but not one reply back!! I text one and give him my mobile for a chat, the following day my contact was "REMOVED' without a notify me I wrote to them asking why and how they don't let me know!! They explain "privacy policies" doesn't allow us.
My preferences: said 100km, white male, non religion, without children. Instead they match me with Indians, Pakistan, with children a
nd far away!!
Then 4 days ago my matches STOP, I placed one question to each 10 of my matches, wait for a week no one answer back to a simple question!
I have use the chat e-harmony this morning, their solution is for me to change my preferences, place more photos of myself and expand the distance 200km away!! Sorry we cannot help because his all automatized matching system.
It is a joke I suspect they are false profiles, there is no one to match you with. There just ripping people and also they have a customer service very robotic, never answer your question. There response over the 10 contacts was: "we cannot force them to do so.! It is a scam and should be remove from the internet.
also : I have check Consumer Affairs: Please read more bad reports.
Thanks and don't join. That's my advice and if you have Place a stop with Paypal for NO more automatic payments. apart from switching to OFF in you profile.

Brisbane

• 1 answer
Private message

Terrible matches, would not allow me to cancel my account AFTER my subscription period

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

The quality of matches that i received was terrible. Eharmony would not allow me to cancel my membership in accordance with its own conditions of service and continued to charge me after my membership had lapsed. Customer service is pathetic. All i have received is generic template replies via email which do not address my concerns. I found far more suitable matches using Tinder, which is where i met my current partner. We have been together for 18 months and are very happy. Don't waste your money on Eharmony. It is an expensive marketing scam.

Mortdale

Private message

Eharmony - you will never meet anyone the way it is set up. Total rip off. Members are not financial

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

I joined and then wanted to pull out the following day after I realised you can't search. Eharmony searches for you and it's rare they give you a match you would even consider. They all live too far away, are completely unsuitably matched, have little to say about themselves, they don't complete the Q&A questionnaire so you really don't find out what their values and opinions are (which is what eharmony is supposed to be about), and in the 6 months I've been on here, I've had two replies from men and then you don't hear from them again. Their a dvertisements are deceitful as they don't match you with people of similar interests. My first match, unfortunately I gave him my mobile number to make contact for a coffee and then he sent me over 100 msgs asking to come over and give a massage and tantric coitus, photos of naked people etc. When I refused, he disappeared off the website. After two months I contacted them by email as they never answer their phone. I asked for the auto payment to be cancelled. They sent me a confirmation and am yet to see if this works. Note you also need to close your account afterwards. My advice is don't go on eharmony. Don't be fooled by their advertisements. It's the most expensive online dating site and a waste of money.

No suitable matches

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

I have received a fraction of matches compared with Zoosk, POF and RSVP. None have been suitable. I am fairly tall and most of the guys are significantly shorter than me. Today's match is 5'6" (I am 5'11"). I am not into short guys.

When I complained and asked for a refund, they refused and suggested that I increase the distance to 120 miles! I am not prepared to drive 120 miles to have coffee with a prospective match! I still have a year's subscription to pay. Useless site. Not happy.

Forget this dating site.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Do not join this dating site. Wanted to pull out in the 48hour leeway. I tried contacting Friday night but they were closed until Monday. I rang on Monday they said I could not get a refund. Told them this was wrong as my leeway finished on weekend. They refused to give my first payment back and told me due to their terms and conditions I have to pay the other two subscriptions. They are rip offs. Also hardly no matches and the only one I was in contact with is a con man. Do not waste your money on eharmony.

Adelaide

Auto Renewal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

I joined eHarmony back in 2016 and had some mild success in communicating with others, but I just left a long term relationship and didn't really know what to expect from online dating. I never met anyone who online who was compatible or lived locally and in the end I was successful via traditional methods

On reflection I feel online dating in general is a bit of a scam that preys on peoples emotions and rarely ends in success. My attempt with eHarmony ended badly, which started with the seemingly endless enrollment process, something that s
hould take 15 minutes takes nearly an hour and in so doing somehow missed the automatic rejoining check box, more on that later. However somewhere along the way someone gained access to my account and I had done all the usual security protection, don't remember my password and don't share my details with anyone, but I had swapped over my handset and laptop over in 2016, but had factory reset my phone and deleted all personal data including browsing history from my laptop. Which meant exactly a year to the date eHarmony deducted $239.40 from my account. The account I normally make online purchases had insufficient funds, so I received a letter from my bank letting me know that my account was overdrawn which meant an overdrawn fee had also been applied. I then contact eHarmony and discovered whoever was using my account changed the email address, postcode and birthdate, all the things that are used to verify who you are, I was therefore treated with suspicion, but they listened to me. My details were taken and I was told that the American side of their business would be in contact, so I left my email address, but sadly no contact was ever made and after three phone calls and six weeks, I called again and found my case had been closed, I was told I would not receive any refund and they had communicated all of this to the hackers email address. Nice work!!!

So peeps if you want some dating advice, I recommend joining a reading, gardening or running group, which firstly gives you a common interest and an environment to get to know each other properly over a chat and take things from there. A glossy instant chat engine where people have dubious profiles lie about all manner of things is not the typical setting for people to meet each other and only leads to disappointment. I met my lovely lady at a local fun run, then coffee and drinks with some friends, we are still together and plan to marry later this year.

So my suggestion is keep it real, explore your interests, save some money and stay away from online dating

Verified Purchase

Beware the auto renew - fair trading case lodged

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

1 of 41 pages

Signed up & within 2 days following money being deducted from my account, unable to access site, requested refund as did read the T & C's, 'cooling off period' 3 days, to date, have sent 3 e-mails on the site with no reply & no refund & still unable to access the site!!! Anyone else had a similar experience???

Dolph asked on Jul 21, 2017

Answer this

I also had emails that went unanswered. Just keep chasing them up and if they refuse to reply, ask your credit card company to reverse the charges. In my experience, Eharmony are terrible at customer service and do not always adhere to their own terms and conditions.

Our team is available Monday to Friday between 7am and 8pm AEST and Saturdays between 9am and 3pm AEST.

Phone:1800 623 801

Email: Click Here

Chat: Click Here
Did you try to talk to them on the phone?
also there is a chat service....( I had use and is ok)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you paid by Pay Pal you may ask for a refund for not delivering the service .
also advise you to stop all future automatc deductions payments .There is a section in Pay Pal where you can do yourself the cancellation.
if is the Bank you must call your Bank.
Because you are on the 3 days refund deal...keep your dated email to argue your case to them and be able to get money refunded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to get out...There too many scammers in e-Harmony...and every time I chat with a contact they remove it the following day for "security reason"
no real apologizes or explanation..total ..control!! you are for them just a money making object..I cannot get out till Sep.. and this is the 4th contact they have removed.and I just join 3 weeks ago...of course I have not met NO ONE.. Is all a joke!!!

How much does it cost to join?

Tan asked on Apr 17, 2017

Answer this

$22 a month on a 50% discount and they hold your credit card number ... They charge for a year over three payments and you cqnt get a refund . Read the small print .:totally fraud accounts, all removed after first contact! !

Ive cancelled my account and removed my pictures. I can't seem to get my profile down ...its still on there. How do I get them to remove me and stop emailing?

Becca asked on Nov 28, 2016

Answer this

Contact customer service, i had the same problem. I had to contact them 3 or 4 times before i got any response.
I added them to my blocked sender list or mark email as spam.
If you paid with credit card check your statements to make sure they havent over charged you.

Becca - I changed my profile to a ridiculous photo I found of a man in a leotard - stated I was 102 and made the description unuseable. This stopped them from using my profile.