Cancelled twice!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

I contact Electrodry to get a quote on tile and grout cleaning. I have been cancelled on twice (the day before!) with no offer to re-book or any care at all really!
Not happy about the terrible customer service - will be taking my business elsewhere.

Verified Customer

Do not use Electrodry - half baked job for too much money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

Today I was insulted by a carpet cleaner, and to say I am offended is an understatement. I booked carpet cleaning for 2 rooms and upholstery cleaning for a lounge suite. Booking person increased the price, despite me quoting the advert I received.

I am not interested in someone attempting to justify their job, by inferring that I am a filthy grot. Especially when they have done a terrible job. Carpets were NOT vacuumed prior to shampooing, were not groomed after, and they certainly aren't "walk on dry". Failing to vacuum up the dust means that we have ugly grey smears of dirt in the corners, which we didn't have before. I will now have to book a carpet cleaner, to fix what electrodry did. Couch is wet (which I expected) but certainly not clean and would it have killed him to wipe up all the water he spilled on the floating wood floor? All it does is guarantee that I won't use their service again, and I certainly won't be recommending to others.

Like another poster, I have to give a star to lodge the review, but really 1 star is too many.

Verified Customer

very quick and professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

The carpet cleaning service was for a 4 bedrooms plus 1 media room. The whole process was professional, systematic and efficient. Very happy with the result and quality of the work.

ALways fantastic - the ultimate spring clean!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Service is fantastic, afterward it feels like our carpets are brand new. With a busy family, including pets, regular carpet cleaning ensures everyone enjoys a comfortable and clean home. The people providing the service are always friendly, great at what they do and very reliable. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Quote cant be trusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

I called for a quote. They could only provide quotes for 2 of 4 items. The rest would be 'by negotiation with the consultant'. At then end of the quote process they then wanted a $100 deposit which was not mentioned at all during the 20 minute conversation with the sales consultant. I refused the deposit and we agreed a price which they emailed me, but without the $ amount being completed. I requested this be included in the quote. It then came back $49 more than agreed. A subsequent phone call was that they couldn't honour the discount they promised and had managerial approval for and insisted on the deposit. A wholey unsatisfactory process and asking questions that were not on the script, the sales person was totally lost. I'll be going with company that honours their price and respects my time.

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, AWhieler. Thanks for your feedback. What you described above is contrary to the quality of customer service we'd like to provide our customers and we'd like to look into this issue for you. We'... read more »

The result

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Happy with the end result. Serviceman was friendly and polite and efficient. I’ve used electro dry before with the same outcome

happy customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

I was happy with the service and the steam clean. There were some stains that did not get removed but I was told they may not come out before they started.

Terrible Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I was incredibly disappointed with Electrodry’s service. I had removed all of my furniture ready for the clean only for the technician not to show up. Insufficient notice and a lack of interest in rectifying the situation. I will be sure to tell all of my friends not to use this company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, Shannon. Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure to look into this issue. Kindly privately message us with your contact number and service address so we can help you further.

I will NEVER use Electrodry again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

My wife booked Electrodry in to clean our split system air conditioner (booked for 20th August 2018).
At the point of booking the clean, She was told that there was a credit card surcharge (nothing unusual) and if paying with cash there would be a 3% surcharge (For paying with cash!!).
In hindsight this is where we should have cancelled the booking, but after contacting them again, they agreed to waive the surcharge for paying with cash, so we left the booking in place.

As soon as the technician arrived, We were hit with the upsell.
[On their website, they were advertising an indoor unit clean for $99 or indoor and outdoor for $149
The technician immediately started to tell us how we also needed to have a solution / treatment sprayed over the core of the indoor unit to kill any mould and smells and to make sure the air coming out of the unit was clean and this would set us back I think about another $70.
He recommended we also have the external part of the system cleaned, (She initially booked just the indoor clean), otherwise our unit may not work efficiently.]
It became obvious fairly quickly the technician did not know what he was doing, he did not know how to remove the outer case of the unit, so he told us some cases can be removed and some are not removable and proceeded to try to clean the unit with the cover still in place.
The little spray unit he used to spray the water / cleaner through the core looked like the little handyman ones Bunnings sell! (If I wanted a handyman clean, I would have done it myself).
My wife tried to contact Electrodry after the cleaning attempt, and we still have not received a response from them, She replied to their feedback email, and She sent them at least 4 or 5 emails directly, and tried calling them, to no avail. (Pretty poor after sales service)!

I even gave them the opportunity to respond to this feedback and, surprise surprise, no response.

On a positive note, She contacted Hydrokleen, and the difference is remarkable! We can’t praise Hydrokleen highly enough, their service is extremely professional and their technician was not only professional, but he knew his job and did it well!
Our air conditioner unit is now clean, smells great and is working well!!

We will NEVER use Electrodry again, We will however, be a regular Hydrokleen customer.

(We have nothing to do with Hydrokleen, other than being a new customer, but the Electrodry experience was so bad, and Hydrokleen made a huge difference, even after Electrodrys attempt, We can't help but praise Hydrokleen).

I am hoping, by posting this on here, I can save others the pain of going through what happened to us.

PS. I had to give a star rating to be able to submit this review, so I clicked on 1 star, but after our experience, 1 star is too generous!

Montrose

Unhappy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I booked Electrodry to do my carpets. Couple of minor stains that were not even treated and did not come out. I was charged an extra $25.00 for deodorising which I didn't request and have sent an email requesting a refund but no reply. Also only two hours after the carpets were cleaned, I spilt a small amount of water on the carpet, when dab up with a paper towel the paper towel turned very brown - so in fact the carpets hadn't even been surfaced clean. Will never use them again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, Gaylene. Thanks for your feedback. We'd like to look into this further for you. Kindly privately message us with your service address and contact number so we can help you.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Very poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Recently decided to use Electrodry, have used before with good results. Not this time though, technician arrived reviewed carpet, mentioned 1 stain that might not be removed then started. The next 20 minutes he cleaned carpet whilst talking non stop on mobile phone. 1 room & 14 stairs and $255 later he left. When I checked the carpet noticed that everyday scuff marks still there and the stairs looked and felt like they had been washed in dirty water, darker colour then rest of carpet and stiff and hard to touch. Contacted their office, informed them of concerns and asked if a different technician could come and inspect the area. The same person presented and stated the marks 'were new' (basically calling me a liar) and for extra $25 per area he could fix it. He was told no and asked to leave. Saw email he sent to his boss stating he had been rudely 'kicked out'. Once he started to ask for more money he actually was told nicely to leave and I contacted the office as he was leaving ,I was informed by the woman who answered that she would 'look into it' and they would call back - surprise no call. Contacted [name removed] (manager) expressed our concerns and again was told he would call us back this time no surprise NO call back. So much for 14 day guarantee !! Had better results with $50 hire from local supermarket.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We'd like to look into this issue strat away. Kindly privately message us with your service address and contact number.

Goulburn

Mucked Around

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I booked to have my mother's lounge and carpets cleaned whilst she was in hospital. The next day the booking was then changed to a later time, when I rang up to speak to them about this they couldn't find my booking, I then re-booked. The next day I got a text saying the time had changed to a later time on the day, then the next day to receive a text message to confirm my booking which was then the previous time. I waited for the technician to turn up not knowing the time, he then phoned me as he couldn't find my address, after speaking to him he ended up being in Qld and I live in NSW. He said he would ring his boss and have this sorted out, I waited nearly an hour and phoned him back saying I hadn't heard from anyone, he then chased this up again. The Receptionist phoned apologizing for this and tried to tell me the technician had been in an accident on the way to my house and was on his way to Hospital, I told her this was not the case as I had spoken to the technician and he was in another state. The receptionist organised another technician which was hours later then proceeded to tell me that it was the truth it had been double booked. The job was finally done in which I was happy with, but will never use this company again after all the mucking around.

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, Berni. Thanks for your feedback. We apologise for the subpar experience. We will definitely look into this and what went wrong. If it's not inconvenient can you please privately message us with... read more »

2 Wyuna Place Koonawarra NSW 2530

Private message

Dealing with the company was a nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

My wife was given a quote way higher than the website when i called back i talked to some Filipino person who was very rude, said i didn't understand business and the special price was for ''getting in new customers only'' ''lovely''.
old customers don't matter.
Call centers in the third world, what happened to Australian employment?
I don't like being talked and argued with as a return client ,i am a business man my self and i show my clients the uttermost respect and tell them about discounts not hide them and tell them there stupid.
So your ''outsourcing'' of Aussie jobs has backfired on you as i'll never use this rude company again neither will my friends. And i was told they charge a fee for ''cash''. The worker that came was fine ,i feel sorry for him ,he cops all the anger meant for management...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, Mike. Thanks for your feedback. All our customers can book any special we have in place regardless of their status. We'd like to look into this issue further. To help you better kindly privatel... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Very Happy With Electrodry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

We were spring-cleaning our elderly parents unit recently and it certainly needed a thorough clean. We hadn't realised that they are not able to do this properly themselves any more.

We booked Electrodry to clean their carpets and a large rug. Chris L arrived on the day and did a truly excellent job to get the old carpets looking their best. He also got a great result with the rug in the living area. He worked hard and did not cut corners. We couldn't have been happier or more impressed.

We would happily use the same service again, preferably with the same service technician,

Be Aware of the Pricing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I phoned Electrodry Ormeau to book two bedrooms for carpet clean. I was given a price and then advised my quote could be substantially reduced if I got more things done. I didn't want anything else done.
So the price I was given was what I understood would be final and clean my carpet.
However on arrival the technician and I discussed the couple of marks and he then advised me that for an extra $20 he could use something else on it and this would give it a better chance of removing the marks.
The person doing the original quote needs to explain about the up-selling / add-ons that the technician will do on arrival.
Not good enough.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, Marilyn. Thanks for your feedback. We do advice our representatives to probe for any stains and advise customer's of the likely possible cost if further treatment is required. Kindly privately ... read more »

Simple and quick drying

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Great service and carpet looked good when finished and quick drying which was important to me and left a nice sanitary smell

Geelong, Avoca, Dunolly, Victoria

• 11 comments
  • 10 answers
  • 13 helpful votes
Private message

Will never call to have electrodry come out

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Booked Electrodry using a coupon on the back of a shopping docket. I had to wait 10 days as they only come out to the suburb twice a month. Anyway, the evening before my scheduled job, I get a call to say the technician's wife has just had a baby and they had to cancel, wanted me to re-book for a morning time instead of an afternoon appointment time, days later. I didn't have my diary with me so I couldn't . Anyway, I dropped what I was doing and rushed home to call them back, was on hold for over 10 minutes and then cut off. I re-dialed and this time with a message to say they were closed and would re-open at 9am. At 9.02 am I called them and spoke to someone who couldn't help me as such and such only did the bookings for that area but he was on a break??? at 9.02 am when they start at 9am?? Obvious lie, just like the baby one. A week later and still no call back. I have researched and steam cleaning is much better than electrodry. I called a local steam cleaner and he was at my door the same day within 2 hours. Shame I wasted my valuable time with Electrodry.

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, Yogi bear. Thanks for your feedback. We see how this issue could've been handled better by our representatives better and will investigate the matter. We apologise for the unpleasant experience... read more »

Hi, I am not sure how to send a private message. The booking came from the Ballarat centre, I believe. The booking was for a residential property in Maryborough, Vic. The agent that called was Vinc... read more »

Canberra

Only half the job done

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

Thank you for the carpet cleaning today.

Just to let you know there was no “industrial vacuum” done prior to the carpet dry cleaning and no “carpet grooming done after”.

Very quick service however that is expected when you only do one third of the job.

I will not use or recommend your company again.

After replying with concerns I got absolutely no response. Seems they are quick and happy to respond only to positive feedback.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Electrodry Official

Hi, Joel. Thanks for your feedback. Can you please provide us with your complete service address and phone number so we can look into this? Thanks.

Joel woods
49/219a Northbourne avenue, turner ACT
Ph 0421842629

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2018

I had Electrodry come out to clean 2 bedrooms and one large lounge room for an exit clean of a high stained rental property. The results were amazing, I lived there for 4 years and the carpet was cleaner than when I first moved in. I highly recommend this company!!

wczw52@yahoo.com.ao

• 2 helpful votes

Ruined carpet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

Had carpet cleaned by Electrodry, was left with blotches all over. Rang Electrodry who sent out senior technician he stated that he had never seen this problem before and would get more experienced technician to examine. Next person arrived and stated that to much chemical had been used and recleaned, made it worse, We complained to Electrodryand the company then blamed carpet manufacturing. We complained to Fair Trading. Electrodry denied responsibility and produced a letter from a laboratory stating that their chemicals do not remove dyes and that the process does not damage carpets. They also claimed that you could see in one of the photo's a straight line in one of the damaged areas and as they use a rotary machine this is impossible to achieve. The supposed straight line is in fact the sun shining through the doorway when the photo was taken and you can see damage below the "line". The fact is that there was no damage prior to the carpet being cleaned and we are left with a huge bill to replace carpet. Any excuse.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes