Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

This service is astronomically bad. There is nothing elite about the matches I received for the $300+ charge I paid up front. Regardless of chasing the filter, I was being given matches who were 20 years out of my age bracket. They say 3 day cooking off but I was too late. I wish I could get my money back...

A misleading and unclear sign-up process.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I wanted to look at the site and people on it before signing up. The front page asked for basic details and then had a button to "View Matches". I did this and then the sign up went on and on without displaying any matches. When I got to the end of this lengthy process I couldn't view without giving payment via credit card. So I did a review search and found this site.... thank you! I'm grateful to all of you for steering me straight before I handed over my info.

Emails

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

I am sick to death getting emails from this site and any other singles dating site, I have never been on this site, stop sending emails to random people, if it keeps going I will take it further.

• 1 answer
Private message

Do not give them your credit card number!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

The whole site is a money making fraud, so let the buyer beware. There are very few members who have a degree as advertised and a lot of profiles that are fictitious. You cannot access any profiles until you pay some money - you just get blurred pics. Do not give them your credit card details - they will automatically charge you the full amount. I got charged the full 6 months $389 straight up, when I thought I was paying for a month. If they have done this to you, as they did to me, you need to ask for a cancellation straight away, within the "3 day cooling off period" stated in their written "Terms and conditions" on page 10. They will tell you that you are not entitled to a refund because you have used the site, but this is not legally binding. The tech support does not exist by the way - it is a clunky, very mickey mouse site.

Sydney

Do not sign up!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Elite singles is a rort. It never provided me with a single match, and most of the time the site was broken.
It is impossible to contact them - there is no email address provided, only directions to a 'contact form' which is not posted anywhere on the site.
The only thing they do properly is take your money.
Avoid at all costs!

Predatory marketing

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I was drawn to Elite Singles after receiving some advertising of a special offer. It was only because my credit card was 'stopped' after an unauthorised Itunes transaction - that I realised that the app does not actually even show up in your Subscriptions and it's charged anyway. In other words, your Itunes is 'swiped'. Do not trust these sneaky people who hail from Germany. Had it not been for my very good understanding of legal term and preparation to fight this in the courts on principle, I am sure these folk would have continued to skim my Itunes account - unbeknownst to me - for the rest of my living years. Avoid at all costs.

Sydney

Private message

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS. FAR FROM ELITE!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

If only I had read the reviews prior to signing up. The site and app is full of glitches and Elite dating is well um...full of Shi*! The cost for a 6 month subscription is $320 and they charge you up front, not by the month. They say you can have a 3 day cooling off period in which to cancel, however, that is if you don't use the services! Absolute madness. Can't believe what an idiot I am for signing up. I am not even that desperate, but I wanted to use a site with a more "targeted" approach. The problem is that only bald men in their 50's- 90's, (yes I was sent a match of a dear old man of 88). Bless him, but I'm hoping that I am still in my prime at 40! The only matches are taken off other sites (I did my homework). All lies. Steer clear ladies and gentlemen. We may be elite, but the site is not and elite people get scammed too.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
Private message

Nothing Elite about this, not even worth one star

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

I was drawn to this site because they claim to be targetting professionals and people who are serious about looking for love. There is nothing professional about the site or most of the people on it. In particular, they don't even SHOW who is a paid member and who isn't. They sent me matches that are clearly outside my criteria (smokers, hundreds of kilometres away, totally opposite personalities), and their phone app is just a piece of rubbish. When you click from one suggestion to the next, you get a different photo, but the same name and information as the last person.

They need to spend money on fixing their site rather than on more false advertising.

Seriously unimpressed. Have requested a full refund on the basis of false advertising and let's hope I get it.

Crap! Elite? Not...

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Had the worst experience. Paid for a dating website hopefully offering more matches in common with me (educated, successful late 30’s girl). I thought eharmony was bad, but this takes the cake. Horrendous! Don’t waste your money!

Private message

Cancelled account and got billed twice in one day

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

Noticed on my bank statement I've been charged for 130 and 160 in one day. This is after deleting my account!

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

BEWARE CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP after signing up then they wont recharge you day contract ended/ start

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

What drew me to this platform? Voted no. 1. I was Looking for love. Found a nice man but someone from 30 yrs ago, pleased, but this is a rotational fed on who they have on there books.
MY ISSUE is they charge you, then recharge you using your credit card without any notification. They also after dispute, keep promting your profile even when you cancelled it!!! hello, total invasion of the rights of privacy. Cost huge: advice cancel contract after entering it, then they have to come back to you- rather than they SKIM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT ILLEGALLY

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 helpful votes

Total scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2018

Firstly, nothing Elite about this site. Lots of men who looked more like my father, definitely not a match. Then most people on there aren't active users as they are sensible enough not to pay over the $100 for a months membership as they probably already found the same, no sane person joins this site. When I questioned Elite as to why they felt it appropriate to send me old man matches, they told me apparently us women don't mind physically repulsive old partners, nicely sexist huh? Men are apparently the only ones allowed to be visual they seem to be telling me. Lastly, of course, the good old taking money out of my account a few days ago without my permission, that small print must have needed a microscope that said they could do that. I paid $100 for ONE MONTH, they decide to take another $100 a month later....absolutely disgusting carry on, not matches at all and nothing at all Elite about it other than the price. There was one guy on there physically, intellectually and lifestyle a match and he was on some creeper date site for free if I wanted that kind of guy.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

What a waste of my money!
Matches? Really? From hundreds of KM's away! No messages at all! Not like the others where I have many messages! Don't waste your obey either!

Not so ‘elite’

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Honestly, I believe ‘Elite’ Is false advertising. $90 per month to be contacted by old men. The worst of any dating site i’ve been on.

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Yeah, the auto renewal system is a scam. But the kicker is that they will contact a debt collection agency to harass you into paying for not renewing subscription. Total scam.

Dublin

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Money was taken from account without notification.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

No choice given when subscription renewed. Surely you should be given the option? They then hid behind some small print. A rip off.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Verified Customer

This is a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Stay away from this site it's a scam! Take your money, profiles not real, all offline and no meets or chats in months.

Private message

Scam! Horrible dating site!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

Always site is crashed!
Not getting reply!
Members are always offline and not active!
Less than 10 are ONLINE but not Elite!
If there’s a Zero rating I will pick it instead of giving 1 star ⭐️....
Waste of money and time and worst makes you angry because you’ve been scammed!!!

This site is a scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2018

I paid to join this site thinking I'd get to meet and talk to lots of other serious clients. Can't talk to anyone, most profiles are fake and very few people on there who are a match. I am very disappointed that this can be allowed to happen.

Coffs Harbour

Private message

WORST OF THE DATING SITES. Quite possibly the biggest rip off dating site there is. Poor platform. F

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

If it was possible to leave less than 1 star I would. Indeed I wish I could warn people against using this dating site. Please, if you are considering dating sites, DO NOT USE THIS SITE. Dating is hard. This site makes it worse by taking all of your money and promising results it will not deliver on. Please read the reviews. Everyone is disappointed by every part of their experience with this site. It's more like a scam, it really, really is. There are very few users so your chances of meeting someone are minute. It is extremely expensive. They just continue to take your money and the ease of use is extremely bad. Seriously THE WORST DATING SITE IN AUSTRALIA. Avoid this site at all costs. I think it's very sad that a company would take advantage of people who are looking for a good dating site. Shame on Elite Singles. Shame, shame, shame.

1 of 14 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles