Very poor value for money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Very few “matches” sent to you and very few approaches from matches allegedly looking for relationships. When I complained, I was encouraged to contact my “matches” which I have done with many. Very few responses which makes me wonder if many of the profiles are fake. Most contact has been from “matches” in other states - very strange given my selected area of proximity.
Not wanting to sound conceited, but I am attractive for my age and have my photos visible. Have had far more contact on other sites.
Would not recommend this site and feel like it’s a waste of nearly $300.

It’s Like Giving Elite Singles a Donation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

I joined Elite Singles to access a better class of prospective partners but no one ever responds to messages, despite my sending out some 50 messages to “matches”. This leads me to the conclusion that the profiles are possibly fake. The only responses I’ve had are from matches who are anything but Elite. These have listed themselves as “unemployed”, “pensioner” or similar. The site is not user friendly. It shows the “new mail” alert even when it’s you that’s sent the mail.

Terrible - don't waste your time or money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Hardly any appropriate matches, inferior and primitive website. Don't waste your time or money on this site. You need to commit money straight away or else you can't see anyone, so you can't even see what it might be like!!

Verified Customer

Watch out for automatic renewal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Elite singles app and website platform make it very difficult to figure out how to cancel your automatic subscription renewal!
Simply deactivating your account does not work, and they send you an email reminding you of the renewal about 30 mins after the renewal has been processed!
I haven’t used it for about 4 months and have had another $200 deducted from my account because of this renewal, when I was using it I did not meet one suitable match and there were a lot of users with little information and no photos
Don’t waste your time or money.

Expensive, Low Responses, Bad Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

I thought that this site would be good because the people who joined would be active and have a real interest in dating. BUT the site does not have many people in my local area, when you do have someone in the area there is not much response, I didn't find one person on here that was any where like someone I would want to see. I had to pay for a full 6 months up front and they automatically renewed the subscription after 6 months. I had no idea that they would. I just haven't even been using the site. They are disputing the refund of my money. They also deleted a message that I got from someone and would not re-instate the message for me when I requested it. I am so angry about this dating site. I am going to try to get my money back for this new 6 month period. Wish me luck!

Another victim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Over the months, the membership was ok but no where near as good as other dating sites (Zoosk is the best!) and I wasn't planning to do another payment. Unfortunately they automatically took it from my account. I've deleted my profile and cancelled everything. I've changed my credit card and I've filled out a form from my bank to dispute the payment. Hopefully I can get my money back in time for Christmas otherwise it's not going to be as festive as usual.

Sydney

I wish I'd read these reviews before I joined. :-(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

I have been a member for two weeks and I am very disappointed. Having paid $270 for a membership I discover that the matches ALSO have to be a member or we can't contact each other. I tried an experiment last week- I messaged EVERYONE I was interested in (there were 10 profiles) and got ONE reply. I would expect that all of the others are not members. I will now try to get my money back but I don't like my chances!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

I made a profile and have many interests as this is the first time i have ever tried a dating site. I cannot totally view them or communicate with them cause im not a paid member yet and im not sure about giving my payment details to them. I thought about looking at the reviews and ratings, im glad i did as there is not one good review to say about this site. It makes it hard to trust these sites

Adelaide

Not worth it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

A misleading and unclear sign-up process to an expensive site. Barely a handful of matches in 3 months that even live in my State. Days on end with no 'wildcard' matches and on the rare day there are some there is 1 or 2 and they are shockers. Site's distance algorithm doesn't work - more interstate matches than anything else. Can't search for matches myself, have to rely on their system which is flawed. Don't waste your time or money!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Dreadful. A Con And Waste Of Money. Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I joined re the focus on match and age. The site isn't that user friendly: for example, I listed a 200 K radius but constantly get 'matches' from a 500K radius and despite trying to fix this... well it doesn't happen. I suspect that a lot of the people shown as interested or a match don't actually exist. I am stuck with fees for 3 months and resent every penny. There is no way to clear the 'dead wood' from my page so the 'matches' are constantly shown as 'new'. Beware and don't sign for this site.

wellington new zealand

Private message

Elite is not that great as they claim for online dating....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Yes unfortunately.. Elite are IDIOTS, i don't care about paying $209 for 6mths BUT the matches are rubbish, utter crap.. sorry to tell you, the worst is: they won't allow you to have your say about yourself, example i said i like to spend most of my time mucking around and they did NOT approve that, rejected the comment.. Please, some common sense. I am who I say I am. > at least >> they are dumb and wait there's more … they won't allow you to set criteria for weight, well i am fit and want a women that similar, my matches were a lot of over weight fat girls, what the heck!?? Elite are idiots, just in for the money and preserving a fake reputation. YEAH you could meet someone and i agree there are reputable people on there but only because there is a price to pay and its not free, that something positive about elite, yes .. elite pricing attracts people that are serious on meeting someone, shows people are genuine.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Cancel account not just deactivate!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Make sure you cancel the account and not just deactivate it. Otherwise they do an automatically renewal at an increased price.. and keep trying to deduct from your account. If this isn't successful they will then put it in the hands of a credit agency. They are only interested in your money - and most of the profiles they sent to me were either in another state or more than a 3 hour drive away.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Wodonga West

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Faudulant operator

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

Still deducting fees 12 months later even though they have acknowledged my cancellation and refunded the previous 6mths membership, Every email rcvd comes from someone different and of the same vein - it;s my fault they are correct.

Private message

Every page is ‘forbidden’

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

The idea sounded good. However, it’s difficult to even sign in. Every link returns a ‘forbidden to access the server’ message. Hopeless! Customer service is slow.

Verified Customer

The worst dating site I've ever had the misfortune of trying!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

As a company, the only thing Elite Singles excels at is overpromising and under delivering. Oh sorry, they're great scam artists too!

The site is extremely buggy. Deleted "matches" reappear ALL THE TIME. And its at least 3 clicks to delete every unwanted match.

A very high % of the profiles have no photo, far more than other sites. That is not aligned with the target demographic of this site, which casts some doubt over the legitimacy of said profiles.

The page designs waste a lot of screen space with useless brand messaging rather than the content you want and expect - quality matches.

Functionality is very poor, making the user experience frustrating.

All subscriptions auto renew without warning by default... shameless money grabbers!

My parting words when asked why I was cancelling my account....
"Your product falls well short of being the premium service it aspires to be, it really is a joke. What a wasted business opportunity, your directors should be embarrassed. And your staff should know they are working for a bunch of fools and/or scam artists".

Would I recommend this site? No, I would warn any potential subscriber to not fall for the facade of over-promising advertising and literally try ANY other option but this!

Ps. I felt that 1 star was giving too much.

Private message

Be Warned. Worst experience ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I wish I had read these reviews before I joined. I tried this site for 1 month (paid 6 months) and have been disgusted with every aspect of it. I have tested to see if members are real by deliberately sending over 20 photo requests, NOT one reply!! I think I received a total of 4 contacts and 2 of those were interstate compared to 32 contacts in the same 3 weeks on another site. I feel violated by their dishonesty and hope someone pursues legal action.
Biggest rip off and expensive lesson. DON'T go near it!!

Brisbane

Predatory company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Terrible format, terrible experience, predatory company. Elite singles is a scam. Their product is terrible. The app is a nightmate and the website is one of the worst formats i have seen. They charge premium fees for an inferior product. I am sure the site might be full of fantastic people but their platform makes getting in contact with anyone an absolute mission. BEWARE. They automatically rebill.... everytime and then take the strongest of legal action against you even if you cancel. When i had to cancel bank accounts during my dispute, which i have never been forced to do before and felt very anxious about, my bank told me that this is common for their customers who have been involved with this company. AVOID them. Your life will be better for it.

Verified Customer

Useless, waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Matches sent are mismatch
Not enough men in their database
They do not refund if you are unhappy with service and product

• 6 helpful votes

Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Be warned, if you do not cancel you account IN WRITING 24hours PRIOR to the end day they will renew it without consent to the same time period you signed up for. They will then charge you the new increased subscription amount without notifying you of the price increase either. In my case it was a $90 increase from the original price.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes

They are a SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

I signed for Elite Singles and they completely screwed up my account. After a couple of weeks the Support Manager closed the account but gave me no refund on the 6 mths payment they wanted because I had used their site (one set of matches). They also joined me up to another site of theirs alled Academic singles without my explicit permission and last week tried to take another 300 dollars from my account as an ongoing payment for this service. Be2 is a noted scam in Europe and these are the owners of this site. My bank has disputed the payment attempt and I have not been threatened with collection agencies and further debt.
The ACCC is aware of them but can do little until someone organises a lawsuit. Do not join their ELITE SINGLES site, they are a scam!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 13 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles