Feeling extortion here

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

I signed up to Elite Singles. After numerous attempts asking them to locate my forgotten password and being directed and redirected multiple times to a site that did not rectify this or recover my password, and poor/nil communication on their behalf, they charged me a further $234. Then they tried to charge me again just recently, and finally sent me my login details after threatening me with collection department. I had initially emailed them and told them of my wish to cancel, but had been unable to log in and do it online. This company n eeds investigating. I have kept all emails, and have proof and am willing to forward on so this does not happen to others. Bad business practice. Was reported to PayPal and I told PayPal that they should review the businesses they deal with, as this had never happened to me before through PayPal. They are still with Pay Pal as far as I know. Lucky PayPal had taken my card details off Elite Singles the second time they attempted to withdraw money. Then Elite Singles further tried a third time, and when they noticed they could get no more money off my card, they then sent me emails to threaten collection agency. I had not been using their account for almost two years by then. Very bad business practice and should not be happening in today's business world.

Auto renewal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Auto renewal without reminder and will not refund when I cancelled it on the renewal day. Explicitly told them I will not be using the service but still charged me for a whole year.

Very misleading... Worst ... Big rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Don't sign up with this company... Read the fine print... They automatically charge you for the next subscription and then debit your account... Haven't seen 1 decent profile I would want to contact... Wish I read these reviews earlier...

Don't do it!!! Once you load up your picture you can't take it off!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I paid for 6 months, e mail them to close my file. But they changed me another year! I stoped my card! They sent me e mail all the time asking for the payment, won't able close my file which has picture in it! Hate the experience.

Elite singles is a rip off! wish I had found this review before I got involved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have been caught into signing up for six months when I thought it was for 1 month. Now when I try to contact them I can't get their contact form to activate. I hope you read this before in join. Don't do it. Too expensive and a very poorly designed site to navigate.

SCAMMERS..Dont say you weren't warned.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

They reel you in with a stupid and lengthy online questionnaire. The you realize that they will not give you any other option than to go premium membership so they can take money off you ASAP. That was the point I backed away. Please save yourself the pain of losing money and time and stay away.

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

It's been disappointing. The only people you can view are the ones they recommend. I had a lot that were not even in my search criteria. Many don't put a photo or complete their profile so makes it really hard to know if you could be interested in them.
Will not be renewing my membership.

• 3 comments
  • 9 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Not Recommended

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I am soo glad I did not sign up, as a preview of this site was definitely NOT as Elite! Far from it the site has more bugs than a pig farm. I agree with all the reviews thus far. Please do not waste your money with "Elite nothing" but a rip off.

ITS A MONEY SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Elite Singles is a money robbing scam. READ THE FINE PRINT they are trying to trick you. They are sucking money out of me for a good for nothing app

Melbourne

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I am not happy at all. Search engine is one of the worse I've seen. Totally useless. You cant do anything with it. Also cant use as a app, no idea why is not listing, could be issue with the speed. No quality profiles and no quality product and service. Waste of money.

Mornington Peninsula

Private message

As bad a company to deal with I have ever experienced.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Took six months up front even though they only mentioned taking one month at a time. I then got the brush off when I complained. I suggested that most of their profiles are false as I had NO responses and no new contacts. Stay as far away from this company as possible. Use your money down the local pub, you'll get a better result.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Based in Berlin. Charge full 3 mths up front. Won't give refunds- even within cooling off period.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

False advertising. Expected lots of classy matches. Not a user friendly site, difficult to correspond, or contact. Received very poor service.

1 of 18 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles