Verified Customer

Absolute waste of money! Nothing “Elite” about it!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Costs $130 for 3 months. You won’t need it though because there are literally like twenty people on there you can choose from. Site is clunky. Takes AGES for photos to be reviewed. Takes FOREVER to exchange messages. May actually be quicker to write s letter & post it! People on the site aren’t “Elite” and there is nothing to filter members in any way. How is it elite?? What it IS, is a total & utter waste of time & money,

SCAM!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2018

I tried to purchase a month it automatically debited my card for a year. I stopped using it after a month because not a single man on there had hair. It then renewed for another year without any warning. It is a total scam

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

I have join the site n paid 200 on membership. After one day, l came back to the app, i was loged out. Try to get a forgotten password recovery email but never got one. When i got back a day later n tried to sign in, l could do that but l had to asnwer all question from beginning such as my gender...and yes, thats the only choice. I completed steps and became a new member ....my premium membership disappeared just like that... can anyone plz tell me what happened? I started to think negatively about this sites. And l got my membership for 6 months but seems they will charge for another 6 months after that. Such annoying site...dont ever py to be premium MEmbership there, now the one l am chatting with also lost... lol. Such a bad site!

Private message

Elite Singles and Silver Singles dating site has crashed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

Can not contact either Elite Singles or Silver Singles to cancel my subscription. Absolutely no way of contacting them. The site is no longer registered on the web and all points of contact entry come back the same... site can not be reached. Will have to go to the bank to block them there from any further withdrawals.
If they come up again online I would stay well away... only a couple of weeks into my 3 month subscription......While the site was still up i sent a number of contacts to other members and heard nothing back....fake totally????

SYDNEY

Watch Out!!!!! Auto Renewal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2018

This site was heavily advertised on Foxtel, so I thought I would give it a go. The matches were not great and the overall user experience was not great either. I originally signed up for 6 months and paid upfront, I had not used the app for months and then I get a deduction for $203.70 due to auto renewal. No email or text beforehand advising my subscription is coming to an end. I refuse to recommend this company, and advise anyone signing up to cancel auto renewal.

Elite destroyed my Reputation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2018

I joined Elite Singles and my expectations were more than met in the first part of my adventure there.
I felt at home and had been chatting to a few ladies when one of them sent me an email she received from Elite.
It stated that I was under review by them for being a "SCAMMER"
Other ladies then either disappeared or refused to reply to my messages.
Elite when contacted, offered me no apology or compensation.
Elite destroyed my Reputation.
I will be taking this further.
Darby

Canberra

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Very poor value for money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Very few “matches” sent to you and very few approaches from matches allegedly looking for relationships. When I complained, I was encouraged to contact my “matches” which I have done with many. Very few responses which makes me wonder if many of the profiles are fake. Most contact has been from “matches” in other states - very strange given my selected area of proximity.
Not wanting to sound conceited, but I am attractive for my age and have my photos visible. Have had far more contact on other sites.
Would not recommend this site and feel like it’s a waste of nearly $300.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

It’s Like Giving Elite Singles a Donation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

I joined Elite Singles to access a better class of prospective partners but no one ever responds to messages, despite my sending out some 50 messages to “matches”. This leads me to the conclusion that the profiles are possibly fake. The only responses I’ve had are from matches who are anything but Elite. These have listed themselves as “unemployed”, “pensioner” or similar. The site is not user friendly. It shows the “new mail” alert even when it’s you that’s sent the mail.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible - don't waste your time or money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

Hardly any appropriate matches, inferior and primitive website. Don't waste your time or money on this site. You need to commit money straight away or else you can't see anyone, so you can't even see what it might be like!!

Torquay

Verified Customer

Watch out for automatic renewal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Elite singles app and website platform make it very difficult to figure out how to cancel your automatic subscription renewal!
Simply deactivating your account does not work, and they send you an email reminding you of the renewal about 30 mins after the renewal has been processed!
I haven’t used it for about 4 months and have had another $200 deducted from my account because of this renewal, when I was using it I did not meet one suitable match and there were a lot of users with little information and no photos
Don’t waste your time or money.

Geelong

Expensive, Low Responses, Bad Customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

I thought that this site would be good because the people who joined would be active and have a real interest in dating. BUT the site does not have many people in my local area, when you do have someone in the area there is not much response, I didn't find one person on here that was any where like someone I would want to see. I had to pay for a full 6 months up front and they automatically renewed the subscription after 6 months. I had no idea that they would. I just haven't even been using the site. They are disputing the refund of my money. They also deleted a message that I got from someone and would not re-instate the message for me when I requested it. I am so angry about this dating site. I am going to try to get my money back for this new 6 month period. Wish me luck!

• 4 helpful votes

Another victim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

Over the months, the membership was ok but no where near as good as other dating sites (Zoosk is the best!) and I wasn't planning to do another payment. Unfortunately they automatically took it from my account. I've deleted my profile and cancelled everything. I've changed my credit card and I've filled out a form from my bank to dispute the payment. Hopefully I can get my money back in time for Christmas otherwise it's not going to be as festive as usual.

Sydney

I wish I'd read these reviews before I joined. :-(

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

I have been a member for two weeks and I am very disappointed. Having paid $270 for a membership I discover that the matches ALSO have to be a member or we can't contact each other. I tried an experiment last week- I messaged EVERYONE I was interested in (there were 10 profiles) and got ONE reply. I would expect that all of the others are not members. I will now try to get my money back but I don't like my chances!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2017

I made a profile and have many interests as this is the first time i have ever tried a dating site. I cannot totally view them or communicate with them cause im not a paid member yet and im not sure about giving my payment details to them. I thought about looking at the reviews and ratings, im glad i did as there is not one good review to say about this site. It makes it hard to trust these sites

Adelaide

Not worth it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

A misleading and unclear sign-up process to an expensive site. Barely a handful of matches in 3 months that even live in my State. Days on end with no 'wildcard' matches and on the rare day there are some there is 1 or 2 and they are shockers. Site's distance algorithm doesn't work - more interstate matches than anything else. Can't search for matches myself, have to rely on their system which is flawed. Don't waste your time or money!

Private message

Dreadful. A Con And Waste Of Money. Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

I joined re the focus on match and age. The site isn't that user friendly: for example, I listed a 200 K radius but constantly get 'matches' from a 500K radius and despite trying to fix this... well it doesn't happen. I suspect that a lot of the people shown as interested or a match don't actually exist. I am stuck with fees for 3 months and resent every penny. There is no way to clear the 'dead wood' from my page so the 'matches' are constantly shown as 'new'. Beware and don't sign for this site.

wellington new zealand

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Elite is not that great as they claim for online dating....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Yes unfortunately.. Elite are IDIOTS, i don't care about paying $209 for 6mths BUT the matches are rubbish, utter crap.. sorry to tell you, the worst is: they won't allow you to have your say about yourself, example i said i like to spend most of my time mucking around and they did NOT approve that, rejected the comment.. Please, some common sense. I am who I say I am. > at least >> they are dumb and wait there's more … they won't allow you to set criteria for weight, well i am fit and want a women that similar, my matches were a lot of over weight fat girls, what the heck!?? Elite are idiots, just in for the money and preserving a fake reputation. YEAH you could meet someone and i agree there are reputable people on there but only because there is a price to pay and its not free, that something positive about elite, yes .. elite pricing attracts people that are serious on meeting someone, shows people are genuine.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Cancel account not just deactivate!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

Make sure you cancel the account and not just deactivate it. Otherwise they do an automatically renewal at an increased price.. and keep trying to deduct from your account. If this isn't successful they will then put it in the hands of a credit agency. They are only interested in your money - and most of the profiles they sent to me were either in another state or more than a 3 hour drive away.

Wodonga West

• 5 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Faudulant operator

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

Still deducting fees 12 months later even though they have acknowledged my cancellation and refunded the previous 6mths membership, Every email rcvd comes from someone different and of the same vein - it;s my fault they are correct.

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Every page is ‘forbidden’

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

The idea sounded good. However, it’s difficult to even sign in. Every link returns a ‘forbidden to access the server’ message. Hopeless! Customer service is slow.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

2 of 14 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles