Verified Customer

The worst dating site I've ever had the misfortune of trying!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

As a company, the only thing Elite Singles excels at is overpromising and under delivering. Oh sorry, they're great scam artists too!

The site is extremely buggy. Deleted "matches" reappear ALL THE TIME. And its at least 3 clicks to delete every unwanted match.

A very high % of the profiles have no photo, far more than other sites. That is not aligned with the target demographic of this site, which casts some doubt over the legitimacy of said profiles.

The page designs waste a lot of screen space with useless brand messaging rather than the content you want and expect - quality matches.

Functionality is very poor, making the user experience frustrating.

All subscriptions auto renew without warning by default... shameless money grabbers!

My parting words when asked why I was cancelling my account....
"Your product falls well short of being the premium service it aspires to be, it really is a joke. What a wasted business opportunity, your directors should be embarrassed. And your staff should know they are working for a bunch of fools and/or scam artists".

Would I recommend this site? No, I would warn any potential subscriber to not fall for the facade of over-promising advertising and literally try ANY other option but this!

Ps. I felt that 1 star was giving too much.

Private message

Be Warned. Worst experience ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

I wish I had read these reviews before I joined. I tried this site for 1 month (paid 6 months) and have been disgusted with every aspect of it. I have tested to see if members are real by deliberately sending over 20 photo requests, NOT one reply!! I think I received a total of 4 contacts and 2 of those were interstate compared to 32 contacts in the same 3 weeks on another site. I feel violated by their dishonesty and hope someone pursues legal action.
Biggest rip off and expensive lesson. DON'T go near it!!

Brisbane

Predatory company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Terrible format, terrible experience, predatory company. Elite singles is a scam. Their product is terrible. The app is a nightmate and the website is one of the worst formats i have seen. They charge premium fees for an inferior product. I am sure the site might be full of fantastic people but their platform makes getting in contact with anyone an absolute mission. BEWARE. They automatically rebill.... everytime and then take the strongest of legal action against you even if you cancel. When i had to cancel bank accounts during my dispute, which i have never been forced to do before and felt very anxious about, my bank told me that this is common for their customers who have been involved with this company. AVOID them. Your life will be better for it.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Useless, waste of time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Matches sent are mismatch
Not enough men in their database
They do not refund if you are unhappy with service and product

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Be warned, if you do not cancel you account IN WRITING 24hours PRIOR to the end day they will renew it without consent to the same time period you signed up for. They will then charge you the new increased subscription amount without notifying you of the price increase either. In my case it was a $90 increase from the original price.

• 8 helpful votes

They are a SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

I signed for Elite Singles and they completely screwed up my account. After a couple of weeks the Support Manager closed the account but gave me no refund on the 6 mths payment they wanted because I had used their site (one set of matches). They also joined me up to another site of theirs alled Academic singles without my explicit permission and last week tried to take another 300 dollars from my account as an ongoing payment for this service. Be2 is a noted scam in Europe and these are the owners of this site. My bank has disputed the payment attempt and I have not been threatened with collection agencies and further debt.
The ACCC is aware of them but can do little until someone organises a lawsuit. Do not join their ELITE SINGLES site, they are a scam!

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Cobar

ELITE SINGLES, Worst dating site EVER

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Elite Singles are the worst of the worst.
Charge you for 3 months membership then cant access the site for 2 of the months then send out an invoice for another 3 months to be paid after about 2 months and threaten you with a collection agency.

Verified Customer

Worst customer experience ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Cancelled my membership per the Terms and Conditions, yet they refused to refund the money they took from my account. After getting my bank to investigate, the bank authorised a refund. Once EliteSingles saw that they lost possession of the funds, they charged the membership fee again, even though the first amount hadn't even been refunded yet, so over $500 had been charged to my card in a one-month period. Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced; they are crooks who steal who are not to be trusted.

I have since been successful with having EliteSingles reverse the new charge, and the first amount is due to be refunded in full by my bank in a couple of weeks.

I suggest everyone complains to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and state consumer affairs body (eg. Fair Trading) so have EliteSingles investigated, prosecuted and shut down.

Worst dating site ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I found all my matches were unsuitable, way too old for me, way too unfit for me I felt like found a dating website affiliated to an old people's home!

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Complete fraud taking subscription illegally

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

This fraudulent situation taking money illegally from people's accounts has got to stop. The ombudsman has been contacted.
refund my money immediately of $209 x 2
Evelyn Dauth

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 6 helpful votes

Useless and Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Unpleasant surprise I had today to open my mail and find the Elite Singles is threatening me with the Collections Department, because they could not get more money out of my account, and I wonder: what are they charging me? The account was deactivated a long time ago, since the month of January 2017, because I did not like the quality of the affiliates, there were no good contacts. I deactivated the account since January 2017 I never entered the page again. The only payment I authorised was the first, but it seems they were very happy charging for a service I never used again.

Worst dating site ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

Expectations, lots, absolutely terrible site. I would not recommend this to anyone. Can't view, no pictures, terrible. Awful, not user-friendly. Poor matches, no photos.

• 8 helpful votes

Save your money!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I thought this would be a good site as it offered free membership, however you have to pay to see anyone else or even to upload a photo of yourself. I'm so disappointed, I've been on the site for one week and they've offered me only 3 matches! I have since joined a free dating site and am meeting loads of lovely people.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

The website and app are limited. I could not search properly, my matches does not follow my criteria and I could not filter who could contact me, so I was getting heaps of daily messages from people I would not match... I stopped using the site a while ago and now they discounted a renewal with no notice and I cannot even speak to them because there's no phone and they don't reply my emails. Just a shame!

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Don't bother

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

So in theory it's good. It eliminates a lot of cat fishing and people who want to hook up. The app is easy to use however, it's useless. This doesn't come from someone who didn't find love and is bitter, rather the functionality of it is useless. An example. You have paid to match. You find someone you would like to contact. You can't contact them unless they too are members. Alternatively the same issue happens to those on the site without paying. They need to make a decision about either all pays or you are able some contact for free and then charges apply. The costs are in flexible. There should be a month to month pay system so you can try it and then decide. Personally I wouldn't bother. Also I had matches from other states even though my criteria was specific. Just beware.

Sanctuary Point

Too Much Interference!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Very clunky as compared with "Over Fifty Dating", which is SO easy to use and they don't tell you who your matches are!!! They even tell you what age group you prefer, without any consultation!
Have only been on it for a couple of days and won't stay much longer, I think!

There's no one there.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Their commercials made me think this was a legit company. Allow me to tell you how this company works.
You go to sign on, and take a personality quiz. At the end of the quiz, they hit you up to pay in order to be able to message your matches. They gave me a total of about 30 matches. After I weeded through there were about 15 that I thought were viable. Over a period of a week, I messaged all of them. NOT ONE returned a message. I am a good looking person. I have a degree and a good job. And not one response from my "matches." The worst part is, is that you can't browse and find your own matches. You can ONLY contact those who they have matched you with. So now I am stuck waiting for them to "match" me with more women. And I don't think they are planning to. They got my money. Shame on me. Don't fall for it.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Worst Dating Website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Use Tinder instead. The matches are better and Tinder is free. This website is WAY overpriced and they auto-renewal without your permission. Massively expensive. Hard to use. I did not find love in a year of membership. Not even one date.

Feeling extortion here

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

I signed up to Elite Singles. After numerous attempts asking them to locate my forgotten password and being directed and redirected multiple times to a site that did not rectify this or recover my password, and poor/nil communication on their behalf, they charged me a further $234. Then they tried to charge me again just recently, and finally sent me my login details after threatening me with collection department. I had initially emailed them and told them of my wish to cancel, but had been unable to log in and do it online. This company needs investigating. I have kept all emails, and have proof and am willing to forward on so this does not happen to others. Bad business practice. Was reported to PayPal and I told PayPal that they should review the businesses they deal with, as this had never happened to me before through PayPal. They are still with Pay Pal as far as I know. Lucky PayPal had taken my card details off Elite Singles the second time they attempted to withdraw money. Then Elite Singles further tried a third time, and when they noticed they could get no more money off my card, they then sent me emails to threaten collection agency. I had not been using their account for almost two years by then. Very bad business practice and should not be happening in today's business world.

Auto renewal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Auto renewal without reminder and will not refund when I cancelled it on the renewal day. Explicitly told them I will not be using the service but still charged me for a whole year.

3 of 14 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles