ITS A MONEY SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Elite Singles is a money robbing scam. READ THE FINE PRINT they are trying to trick you. They are sucking money out of me for a good for nothing app

Melbourne

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I am not happy at all. Search engine is one of the worse I've seen. Totally useless. You cant do anything with it. Also cant use as a app, no idea why is not listing, could be issue with the speed. No quality profiles and no quality product and service. Waste of money.

Mornington Peninsula

Private message

As bad a company to deal with I have ever experienced.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Took six months up front even though they only mentioned taking one month at a time. I then got the brush off when I complained. I suggested that most of their profiles are false as I had NO responses and no new contacts. Stay as far away from this company as possible. Use your money down the local pub, you'll get a better result.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Based in Berlin. Charge full 3 mths up front. Won't give refunds- even within cooling off period.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

False advertising. Expected lots of classy matches. Not a user friendly site, difficult to correspond, or contact. Received very poor service.

not enough singles

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

I signed up for 6mth with you not enough descent people after 6mth up want to cancell membership rip off. Call me 0423281973 to discuss

Verified Customer

Arrogant, not professional, phoney,

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Terrible, they do not even tell you what state the person is in and many towns have the same name in different states. Most do not have photo...I am reporting them to the BBB and other agencies. They should not be allowed to operate at all. They promote upscale and they aren't even on the scale.

• 2 answers

Charge full 12 months without your authority

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

$49.95 for premium 12 month membership they actual charge $599.40 on your credit card. SCAM read other reviews before paying any money.

Elwood, Vic

• 6 helpful votes

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Far from Elite. There aren't enough members in my area. Many profiles do not have a photo. I received a match with a female when i specifically said i am interested in ames only. i sent a letter of complaint. Reply included the following, "my personal interpretation of ELITESINGLES is that our members are ELITE because they are serious about looking for a committed long-term relationship, and not just a "good time"."
The site is rubbish, even after completing the detailed questionnaire i get matches that don't fit my preferences.

Don't go there!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Too late for people like myself who did initial form.
Only to find 100 responses that you couldn't reply to so I signed up. At a premium cost.
Suggested partners were rarely ok. Mainly I got hits from areas well beyond the 50 km zone.
First time on a dating site. Never again. I was
Lured by so called messages and likes and whatever. Sorry, there are free sites that probably provide better service.

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

It's a rip off !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Don't waste your time or money, there's a reason for the one star rating. If you forget to cancel they still charge you or put it into the hands of a debt collection agency even if you have not been using the site for months. What if you can't pay ?
It is a very expensive mistake to join this site!
Customers should be able to renew themselves and not have the amount automatically taken out of their credit card.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

sending me warning emails and threat me!!!! NO MORAL

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

I have canceled on website but some how they said it hasnot! and send me an email with "Final warning from EliteSingles"
" As we have explained in our First Payment Reminder, you subscribed to a Premium membership on the 06.05.2017 with the following information: Regrettably, as the outstanding amount has not been received, we are now obliged to follow up on the collection procedure.
We would like to remind you that by accepting the Terms and Conditions, you committed contractually and you are legally obliged to pay the amount due. To avoid possible collection charges and to be able to use the Premium features, we kindly request that you settle the amount due without further delay.
As a courtesy, we sent you a first payment reminder concerning the outstanding amount. Our accounts show that unfortunately we have not yet received this payment from you. We kindly request that you settle the outstanding amount of $359.70 by the 02.06.2017"

What a scam! and threat people to pay for the agreement made by themselves we do not even know!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Terrible business antics! Do not even entertain subscription unless you want hundreds auto deducted

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Be very careful! This company hides in small print that despite you only paying for one month, monthly, or a small time to see what it's like, they take 6 months out in full at the end of your first trial! No notice, no notification, and No REFUND no matter if you cannot afford food for your children, even 1 day after that $367 amount is taken, you question and call them. They respond with TOO BAD!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Don't bother!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Worst dating website I've ever used! Rather than the elite, it's more like the drecks of society! They also debited my account with authorisation or consent. I'll be seeking legal advice on this!

Don't do it!

Scam Rip Off!! Zero!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Absolute rubbish. You spend about an hour completing a very comprehensive personality questionnaire when joining up only to find them sending 'matches' which were the complete opposite of my desired partner. Eg. I stipulated 'women with no kids' in my criteria yet they continually sent 'matches' which were women with kids??? This was even after I complained about it. The site is rubbish, stay away, don't waste your money!!! A complete scam rip-off!!!

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

I joined this website thinking I'll meet good people but this site is a total scam. Liars and charters have their profiles in this site. Be careful! Also, while making a payment they trick you into paying for 6 months when you want to pay only for a month. Contacting them is a pain again. In short - stay away from this website!!

terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

you have to answer a bloody job application just to meet people and after a 30 minute survey you are confronted with a payment option and it wasnt even free for the whole time

• 1 comment
Private message

If I could give a Zero, I would.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

Utter rubbish. Have only received about 20 so called Matches. Smokers, drinkers, overseas. I don't drink or smoke and am also non religious and yep, got matched with a very religious person. Very quick to take your money but do not supply what the contract states. I complained and was told that they were very sorry but they wouldn't return my money. DO NOT USE THEM. IT'S A RIPOFF.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Make sure you go into your account on the app and stop future payments because once they have your money, you wont get it back!

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 4 answers
Private message

Mechanics posing as Doctors - and it gets worse!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I was invited on a date (my first ES date) with an ES member who declared himself a Doctor on his profile. During our date he admitted to being a Mechanic. It got worse, but who am I to say who is/isn't 'elite'. Futhermore, most of my 'matches' were from other states ( i.e. Queensland, Perth ), when I reside in NSW. I'm now embroiled in a battle with ES whom are threatening legal action unless i pay to join for another 3 months. This is because i allegedly cancelled one day after my membership expired and not within the 24 hour window prior. I'm now using POF and the difference is incredible. Please don't join ES.

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Everything about this platform is horrible. "Mr. so and so commented on your photo" Yet it's nowhere to be found. The service does not match the exhorbitant cost and as other reviewers have mentioned, so many profiles are without photos. Just before I paid my subscription I was flooded with messages from what appeared to be decent men. As soon as I paid, the messages all but stopped (except for a few crazies without photos). I responded to the ones I got but didn't get a reply. Were they fake accounts to lure in the customers?? I won't be renewing my subscription.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
Private message

Terrible site, waste of money, scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

I paid for a 6 month subscription, found it a complete waste of money as most "matches" didn't have photos or were not in my search settings. After cancelling my account, Elite claimed I had automatically renewed for a further 6 months. Thankfully I had cancelled my credit card prior but they still keep sending me threatening emails, claiming they will charge additional fees if I don't pay. I wrote to them and asked what would happen if I didn't pay and they haven't answered the question. Awful, misleading site and am writing this in the hope that others don't waste their money as I have...

3 of 13 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles