• 6 helpful votes

Very misleading... Worst ... Big rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Don't sign up with this company... Read the fine print... They automatically charge you for the next subscription and then debit your account... Haven't seen 1 decent profile I would want to contact... Wish I read these reviews earlier...

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Don't do it!!! Once you load up your picture you can't take it off!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I paid for 6 months, e mail them to close my file. But they changed me another year! I stoped my card! They sent me e mail all the time asking for the payment, won't able close my file which has picture in it! Hate the experience.

Private message

Elite singles is a rip off! wish I had found this review before I got involved

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have been caught into signing up for six months when I thought it was for 1 month. Now when I try to contact them I can't get their contact form to activate. I hope you read this before in join. Don't do it. Too expensive and a very poorly designed site to navigate.

melbourne

• 1 question
Private message

SCAMMERS..Dont say you weren't warned.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

They reel you in with a stupid and lengthy online questionnaire. The you realize that they will not give you any other option than to go premium membership so they can take money off you ASAP. That was the point I backed away. Please save yourself the pain of losing money and time and stay away.

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

It's been disappointing. The only people you can view are the ones they recommend. I had a lot that were not even in my search criteria. Many don't put a photo or complete their profile so makes it really hard to know if you could be interested in them.
Will not be renewing my membership.

• 8 comments
  • 9 answers
  • 27 helpful votes

Not Recommended

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

I am soo glad I did not sign up, as a preview of this site was definitely NOT as Elite! Far from it the site has more bugs than a pig farm. I agree with all the reviews thus far. Please do not waste your money with "Elite nothing" but a rip off.

ITS A MONEY SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

Elite Singles is a money robbing scam. READ THE FINE PRINT they are trying to trick you. They are sucking money out of me for a good for nothing app

Melbourne

Very disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I am not happy at all. Search engine is one of the worse I've seen. Totally useless. You cant do anything with it. Also cant use as a app, no idea why is not listing, could be issue with the speed. No quality profiles and no quality product and service. Waste of money.

Mornington Peninsula

Private message

As bad a company to deal with I have ever experienced.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Took six months up front even though they only mentioned taking one month at a time. I then got the brush off when I complained. I suggested that most of their profiles are false as I had NO responses and no new contacts. Stay as far away from this company as possible. Use your money down the local pub, you'll get a better result.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Based in Berlin. Charge full 3 mths up front. Won't give refunds- even within cooling off period.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

False advertising. Expected lots of classy matches. Not a user friendly site, difficult to correspond, or contact. Received very poor service.

not enough singles

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2017

I signed up for 6mth with you not enough descent people after 6mth up want to cancell membership rip off. Call me 0423281973 to discuss

Verified Customer

Arrogant, not professional, phoney,

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Terrible, they do not even tell you what state the person is in and many towns have the same name in different states. Most do not have photo...I am reporting them to the BBB and other agencies. They should not be allowed to operate at all. They promote upscale and they aren't even on the scale.

• 2 answers

Charge full 12 months without your authority

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

$49.95 for premium 12 month membership they actual charge $599.40 on your credit card. SCAM read other reviews before paying any money.

Elwood, Vic

• 6 helpful votes

Don't waste your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Far from Elite. There aren't enough members in my area. Many profiles do not have a photo. I received a match with a female when i specifically said i am interested in ames only. i sent a letter of complaint. Reply included the following, "my personal interpretation of ELITESINGLES is that our members are ELITE because they are serious about looking for a committed long-term relationship, and not just a "good time"."
The site is rubbish, even after completing the detailed questionnaire i get matches that don't fit my preferences.

Don't go there!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Too late for people like myself who did initial form.
Only to find 100 responses that you couldn't reply to so I signed up. At a premium cost.
Suggested partners were rarely ok. Mainly I got hits from areas well beyond the 50 km zone.
First time on a dating site. Never again. I was
Lured by so called messages and likes and whatever. Sorry, there are free sites that probably provide better service.

• 1 answer

It's a rip off !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Don't waste your time or money, there's a reason for the one star rating. If you forget to cancel they still charge you or put it into the hands of a debt collection agency even if you have not been using the site for months. What if you can't pay ?
It is a very expensive mistake to join this site!
Customers should be able to renew themselves and not have the amount automatically taken out of their credit card.

• 5 helpful votes

sending me warning emails and threat me!!!! NO MORAL

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

I have canceled on website but some how they said it hasnot! and send me an email with "Final warning from EliteSingles"
" As we have explained in our First Payment Reminder, you subscribed to a Premium membership on the 06.05.2017 with the following information: Regrettably, as the outstanding amount has not been received, we are now obliged to follow up on the collection procedure.
We would like to remind you that by accepting the Terms and Conditions, you committed contractually and you are legally obliged to pay the amount due. To avoid possible collection charges and to be able to use the Premium features, we kindly request that you settle the amount due without further delay.
As a courtesy, we sent you a first payment reminder concerning the outstanding amount. Our accounts show that unfortunately we have not yet received this payment from you. We kindly request that you settle the outstanding amount of $359.70 by the 02.06.2017"

What a scam! and threat people to pay for the agreement made by themselves we do not even know!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Terrible business antics! Do not even entertain subscription unless you want hundreds auto deducted

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Be very careful! This company hides in small print that despite you only paying for one month, monthly, or a small time to see what it's like, they take 6 months out in full at the end of your first trial! No notice, no notification, and No REFUND no matter if you cannot afford food for your children, even 1 day after that $367 amount is taken, you question and call them. They respond with TOO BAD!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Don't bother!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Worst dating website I've ever used! Rather than the elite, it's more like the drecks of society! They also debited my account with authorisation or consent. I'll be seeking legal advice on this!

Don't do it!

Scam Rip Off!! Zero!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Absolute rubbish. You spend about an hour completing a very comprehensive personality questionnaire when joining up only to find them sending 'matches' which were the complete opposite of my desired partner. Eg. I stipulated 'women with no kids' in my criteria yet they continually sent 'matches' which were women with kids??? This was even after I complained about it. The site is rubbish, stay away, don't waste your money!!! A complete scam rip-off!!!

4 of 14 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles