Gold Coast

brisbane

rubbish service and scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

they matched me with women with whom I had nothing in common.

and then they tried the automatic renewal. ha! I pointed out that breached the Australian Consumer Law and they told me I still had to pay. Haha haha. Hilarious.

it was only after begging them to sue me (so I could shame them in court and the media) did they give up.

Anyone in Australia who they try to bully into paying the automatic renewl should point out that it is misleading and deceptive conduct to hide automatic renewal in the fine print.

Disgusting scum.

Verified Purchase

SCAM! cooling off period is ignored

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I did read the fine print about auto subscription and the 3 day cooling off period and it is still a SCAM. I cancelled the day I signed up (within cooling off period) but when I requested a refund I was told they can't cos google play had my Money not them. Then google play tells me they don't have my Money I need to be refunded by elite singles. They are now ignoring my emails and I have escalated my complaint to Google play. This website is a SCAM I would AVOID using them as the communication is a disgrace and they have breaches their contract.

Scam !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

This is an absolute waste of money and I personally think it's a scam as their automatic subscription policy is not clearly mentioned and also they send you this collection emails and try to intimidate people in to paying money. The app is absolutely disgusting and it should be reviewed by the consumer court as it's not worth the amount they are charging people for their service.

Absolutely pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Automatic subscriptions aren't made clear enough and the match rate is appalling. There was honestly nothing good about this experience. Don't fall into this money trap.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

Don't sign up for this site. The actual website is a very poor system - you can't search for potential matches.
The system auto-renews with no warning for a full 6 months in one go. They offer no refunds if you want to cancel the service. This site aims to SCAM you out of further subs.

Verified Purchase

Do not waste your money, Stay away from them.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

It is going to be a waste of your money, try another site. Things to know :
- The company is actually based in Germany, So it is very hard to get in contact with them and you are not protected by Australian Consumer Laws.
- Their membership auto renews and there is no facility to switch this off. I had to cancel my credit card to stop them from charging me again.
- You spend all this time filling in your profile only to discover that their matching algorithms are crap. Your preference, you wants and likes are not taken into consideration
. They just send you everyone they have in their Database, which is not much. For example I asked to meet people close to where I leave (30km - 50 km away) and I ended up getting matches from Canberra and Rural NSW. Nothing wrong with that, unless you are keen to travel for over 2hr for a cup of coffee.

There is a reason why their reviews are so bad. Do not take the risk, spend your money elsewhere.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Appalling!!! It is absolutely a total con!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Do not use this site!!!!!!
3 days to decide if this site is worthwhile is pathetic, as is the site, it is absolute rubbish.
Forget about a partial refund, the customer service is arrogant, demeaning and not worthy of the energy expended in pressing your fingers on the keyboard.
I am embarrassed I wasted so much money on this farcical site!
Negative 10 stars is my review!!!

• 2 helpful votes

A total con

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

seemed like a genuine helpful site.However when you sign up you are only given a few days to decide whether it is a worthwhile site.And ask for a refund .The only thing they are good at is collecting money .The service is appalling.

• 4 helpful votes

Elite Singles Misrepresentation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

They are misrepresenting their offer.
They show their membership prices in monthly amounts.
When I signed up for 6 months they immediately charged my card for the full 6 months.
This is a con.
I emailed and asked for a refund but was refused as I was outside their 3 day cooling off period. All in the fine print of course.
I have made enquiries today about how their Australian website can be shut down. It is able to be done and this company needs to be shut down.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Scam - how to tell a scam a mile away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

These guys require payment upfront using a credit card for a minimum 3 months all paid in advance and auto renewing in perpetuity after that. You dont ever see a picture unless youve paid a minimum $445, gone, whoosh, sayonara!!
Many of the so-called elites dont exist, interestingly one clearly extremely frustrated customer has changed their profile claimed to be a circus clown in Germany - and remember that I wanted to meet people within 25km of Brisbane, Australia! So dont waste your money and READ the other reviews on this site BEFORE giving them your credit card details - or live to regret it.

melbourne

• 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

How did this scum get my email address as I did not sing up for this crap? what happened to privacy?????

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

4 of 18 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles