Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

I joined this website thinking I'll meet good people but this site is a total scam. Liars and charters have their profiles in this site. Be careful! Also, while making a payment they trick you into paying for 6 months when you want to pay only for a month. Contacting them is a pain again. In short - stay away from this website!!

terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

you have to answer a bloody job application just to meet people and after a 30 minute survey you are confronted with a payment option and it wasnt even free for the whole time

• 1 comment
Private message

If I could give a Zero, I would.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

Utter rubbish. Have only received about 20 so called Matches. Smokers, drinkers, overseas. I don't drink or smoke and am also non religious and yep, got matched with a very religious person. Very quick to take your money but do not supply what the contract states. I complained and was told that they were very sorry but they wouldn't return my money. DO NOT USE THEM. IT'S A RIPOFF.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Make sure you go into your account on the app and stop future payments because once they have your money, you wont get it back!

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 4 answers
Private message

Mechanics posing as Doctors - and it gets worse!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I was invited on a date (my first ES date) with an ES member who declared himself a Doctor on his profile. During our date he admitted to being a Mechanic. It got worse, but who am I to say who is/isn't 'elite'. Futhermore, most of my 'matches' were from other states ( i.e. Queensland, Perth ), when I reside in NSW. I'm now embroiled in a battle with ES whom are threatening legal action unless i pay to join for another 3 months. This is because i allegedly cancelled one day after my membership expired and not within the 24 hour window prior. I'm now using POF and the difference is incredible. Please don't join ES.

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Everything about this platform is horrible. "Mr. so and so commented on your photo" Yet it's nowhere to be found. The service does not match the exhorbitant cost and as other reviewers have mentioned, so many profiles are without photos. Just before I paid my subscription I was flooded with messages from what appeared to be decent men. As soon as I paid, the messages all but stopped (except for a few crazies without photos). I responded to the ones I got but didn't get a reply. Were they fake accounts to lure in the customers?? I won't be renewing my subscription.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
Private message

Terrible site, waste of money, scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

I paid for a 6 month subscription, found it a complete waste of money as most "matches" didn't have photos or were not in my search settings. After cancelling my account, Elite claimed I had automatically renewed for a further 6 months. Thankfully I had cancelled my credit card prior but they still keep sending me threatening emails, claiming they will charge additional fees if I don't pay. I wrote to them and asked what would happen if I didn't pay and they haven't answered the question. Awful, misleading site and am writing this in the hope that others don't waste their money as I have...

Elite Singles

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

Absolute rubbish false advertising... The site is hard to navigate.. They feed members what they wish when they feel like it.. No flexibility.. Old members long left still appear as active and put forward as matches... Save your money and start away from this site..

Perth

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Fake advertising... says 82% educated... if you are over 60 that is more like 5%!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2017

The site advertises as having 82% of members with academic qualifications. Absolute lies ... if you are over 60 and looking for someone over 60, the percent is more like 5%! I asked for my money back but they said that the ad is for all age groups! The matches are therefore useless for me ... most mathces do not even have a photo. Absolute waste of money... such fake advertising should be against consumer law.

• 4 helpful votes

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Absolutely rubbish should be re branded as elite bogan trash. There are people on this app that are far from elite. I am well educated and looking for intelligent like minded people and keep getting randomly matched with absolute bogans from suburbs that I have never ne existed. There is someone for everybody but this site is an absolute scam with no real endeavour to abide by what they are advertising. Beware it is an absolute joke..

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Terrible website and app

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

the content is good but I wish they'd sort out their continuous tech glitches and inconsistency between platforms... the website and app do not keep up with each other

Private message

Be very aware of the fine print!! They scammed me $400 plus. Also nothing elite about the singles on

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

Absolutely shocking!! Stay away from this site. I'd have given minus 5 stars, only rated them 1 because it was the lowest.

Melbourne

Private message

Tiny database in Australia?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

I'm a good looking gay guy, intelligent, emotionally stable, objective, professional, compassionate, reasonable. I've had less than 15 partner proposals in 4 months. This site is a lemon if you are same sex attracted in Australia. I'm back on Grindr.

What a sham!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Elite Singles is a complete joke! What a waste of time and money. Criteria that I stated is that matches must live within 50km's of my area. Constantly receiving matches up to 2 states away.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

queensland rockhampton

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

I can honestly say money pigs and scammers (this is elite)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Elite gives its own pretend write ups and for marketing purpose, the sign-up is crap, too long too personal, this site is garbage not much of a service plenty of con artist. I have just cancelled my subscription and no automatic renewal i have printed out copies that say they have acknowledged my cancellation, so let's see, what a toilet bowl.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

Trap for the unwary

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

The add on TV drew me in - two beautiful people matched up. I joined and received 200 matches but none of them matched with me. I am attractive I'm told and have a nice slim figure - my picture brought no success and i got no answers to smiles or messages i sent. you do begin to wonder if the people are truly seeking a match or as i read from others is it a scam. i am bitterly disappointed and feel i have wasted my money. i hope i don't get charged for another 6 months as the money i spent was hard earned and i can ill afford more especially when there were no results i feel like i have given these people a donation for nothing done. The pictures i was shown were of very elderly men and double or more than my 50k distance to travel. heart broken and disillusioned I did not check reviews before i joined so this is the trap for the unwary

brisbane

rubbish service and scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

they matched me with women with whom I had nothing in common.

and then they tried the automatic renewal. ha! I pointed out that breached the Australian Consumer Law and they told me I still had to pay. Haha haha. Hilarious.

it was only after begging them to sue me (so I could shame them in court and the media) did they give up.

Anyone in Australia who they try to bully into paying the automatic renewl should point out that it is misleading and deceptive conduct to hide automatic renewal in the fine print.

Disgusting scum.

Verified Customer

SCAM! cooling off period is ignored

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I did read the fine print about auto subscription and the 3 day cooling off period and it is still a SCAM. I cancelled the day I signed up (within cooling off period) but when I requested a refund I was told they can't cos google play had my Money not them. Then google play tells me they don't have my Money I need to be refunded by elite singles. They are now ignoring my emails and I have escalated my complaint to Google play. This website is a SCAM I would AVOID using them as the communication is a disgrace and they have breaches their contract.

Scam !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

This is an absolute waste of money and I personally think it's a scam as their automatic subscription policy is not clearly mentioned and also they send you this collection emails and try to intimidate people in to paying money. The app is absolutely disgusting and it should be reviewed by the consumer court as it's not worth the amount they are charging people for their service.

Absolutely pathetic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Automatic subscriptions aren't made clear enough and the match rate is appalling. There was honestly nothing good about this experience. Don't fall into this money trap.

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

Don't sign up for this site. The actual website is a very poor system - you can't search for potential matches.
The system auto-renews with no warning for a full 6 months in one go. They offer no refunds if you want to cancel the service. This site aims to SCAM you out of further subs.

5 of 14 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles