• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Site hard to access and no matches take money and even when cancelled sent to collection agency with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Dissatisfied with the service do not do what they contracted to do we fork out money the site is not worth the money or time better service with RSVP simple affordable and give you what they commit to better than this scamming company shame shame shame on you never get caught they will take your money and with a smile on their faces rip off

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Elite Singles Australia.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Very few people are members in Adelaide. Total waste of time and money. RSVP much better. Don't waste your money on Elite.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

narellan vale

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

this is the biggest scam ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

this site is shocking no real matches ..... no reply's ...so called matches live miles away it goes on and on.... just make sure you have ticked not to renew or they will renew . i have ticked the box but told them i will not renew .. keep all the emails in case you have to fight them . they are based in germany so what can you do .....Do not sign up on this dating site . FREE ones are OASIS .....and Plenty of fish .....both 100% free.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Total scam - worst dating site ever, don't waste your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

I am appalled by my experience with this website and have become convinced that 'Elite Singles' have created hundreds of bogus profiles to make it look like they have members. It's the only explanation that makes any sense. It's just a dead site?! Nobody's ever online, no smiles/messages/requests for photos EVER returned. Very few new members ever join. Very few upload photos or much info at all. I ask the question - who would spend this extortionate amount of money on a dating site and then never upload photos of themselves? Or ever seem to be online? I'm certain it's a scam, and their 'automatic renewal' policy and the extremely difficult cancellation of membership seems a breach of all legal terms. I literally had to search for ages to work out how to cancel my auto renewal. Someone on this thread mentioned class action - I'd be in! In the meantime I'm reporting them to the watchdog authorities - something fishy is going on here.

• 4 helpful votes

Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

Hungry scammers who promise the world and deliver nothing. Immoral, unethical and they pay no attention to search criteria. Don't wate your money

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

No access and then no further access!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I've had the same issues today, server forbids access. I have just joined and I can't see pictures or emails from any contacts, which I quickly figured out you must pay for these. I'm starting to think that this a waste of time....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Shocking site

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

I was so stupid joining this site! Over $50 a month for what?! There are just not enough members. The quality of phone app is terrible as well. Rip off. I will send a complaint to ACCC.

Booragoon

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Elite Singles are Shonky and Want Your $$$...no matter how they get it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Can't access the website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I joined up in 2016 for 6 months. I met one really nice person who has become a friend (nothing romantic) but otherwise I found the site really frustrating (not being able to search profiles and no pictures etc.). Over the past couple of weeks I haven't been able to access my login, and today even when I clicked on the website it keeps giving me a message "forbidden" you have no access to this server. I immediately contacted my financial provider and I have blocked them in case they try to debit my card like they seem to have done to so many others. Is this site even still operational or have they gone bust?

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

This dating site is not genuine

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

There is no doubt that many of the profiles you see on this website are not genuine. There are some genuine people but the 'pool' is very limited within the context of your match settings. So proceed with real caution. You join ES with excitement but you will be very, very disappointed. Cheers

Private message

Filthy Scum Rip Off - How dare they bill me without authority.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I have just lost $470 and probably have no way of getting a refund back.
No notification, no opportunity to opt in again for another six months.
For other people after me and reading this - don't go near this site and don't hand over any money!!
This is an expensive lesson so make sure if the site is not working and/or not meeting expectations, make sure you cancel your subscription and be done with it otherwise they claim to be able to automatically bill you on some pre-approved basis and kiss any refund good-bye.
Oh and read review sites before you sign up, not after you've been unexpectedly and intentionally ripped off.

Are the profiles real?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

Don't waste your money on this rubbish site.

Firstly, you cannot search profiles, they send you matches. Except they don't, so you literally pay for nothing. 3 months into a 6 month period, I am being sent no matches at all, though there is message on my home page that many members are waiting to meet me. Great, let me have their details. I get no profile visitors. They obviously have very few members.

Whatever time you join for they take the full amount upfront, not monthly as quoted. Then they auto renew without notice- it's on the las
t page of their ts and cs. I've cancelled the card I paid with so they can't scam any more money out of me.

Most of the 'matches' are uncontactable. That's because they are non premium (unpaid) members. A lot of people think the site creates fake profiles. Most profiles have no pic and very limited information. I doubt people pay so much, and don't bother to do a proper profile.

Save you money, time and heartache and join another site. And read reviews first, and make sure you understand how it works.

13/3/17 Update: I sent them an email last night telling them to refund my money because they are in breach of the contract, i.e. they are not sending matches and as I'm not getting any profile visitors, which means they are not sending my profile to anyone. Surprise, surprise this morning I have 3 'matches' and 5 have you met.

5 of 18 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles