• 3 helpful votes
Private message

A scam! Misleading & deceptive!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

This site is a scam. The matches they send you are hardly elite and all lived miles away from me. The terms and conditions are unfair and they make it almost impossible to cancel your membership. I eventually managed to cancel my membership. My credit card was then stolen so I cancelled it. When they couldn't withdraw the next lot of money they sent me aggressive emails threatening me with passing the debt on to a collection agency. Today I received a letter of demand from an Australian debt collection agency. I will be fighting it and reporting this company to the regulator for misleading and deceptive conduct and unfair consumer contract terms and conditions. Do not sign up, they prey on the vulnerable!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 15 helpful votes

Auto renewal is annoying

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

You don't pay attention and your card is charged second time!! They will make it hard for you, to discover how to opt out of the auto-renewal.
BE PREPARED to pay twice.

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

This site is absolute rubbish. A second lot of money was taken out of my account automatically. A courtesy email would have been nice so I could cancel it. I do not recommend this site to anyone. I lost interest in looking at the matches after one week! Don't waste your time and money.

Verified Customer

The WORST Dating Site for SOOOOO Many Reasons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2016

I'm so upset about this dating site.
They do not allow YOU to search by your own criteria. They only send you what they think are "your" matches which include people from other provinces!!! There options must be so limited.
When they sent me a survey and I didn't respond favorably they cut my log in. You cannot get a new password and you cannot contact them except through snail mail.

Carlingford

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Not perfect but worked for me

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

This was in March 2015. Sign up process was ok. I met a few people. Found someone fantastic on the website after about 4 months.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers

Read the fine print!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I really don't know why everyone is so up in arms about the process. It clearly says per month on the rate when you sign up and if you read the terms and conditions it also clearly states the cooling off period terms as well. Agreed, an odd site and not particularly informative. Possible not legit, who knows but when I requested a refund they were extremely prompt. It was granted within hours! In this day and age of really bad online purchasing and service, I consider this fantastic customer service.

VERMONT

Private message

after using for 6 months. it took my money again automaticly!!!! terrible!!! hate it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

after using for 6 months. it took my money again automatically!!!! terrible!!! hate it. I will raise it with paypal.

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

Sign up was easy and they took my money easily enough too. Very disappointing and slow system. Would not recommend this sight to anyone living west of Stdney.

Private message

Misleading- Do not waist your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2016

I thought to give this site a go after seeing their ads, but after 4 days I found the site so terrible to use that I wrote asking for a refund. In which case I discovered there was a 3 day cooling off period. If only I'd read the fine print. Then I noticed I was charged above and beyond what I thought I was signing up for. The layout of their pricing ads is designed to make you think you are paying one small fee for several months, but it's actually that fee X the number of months, charged in one hit, which is very misleading. I wrote to their customer care to ask for a refund, and after a four week battle I got 2/3 back. I had thought to take this case to Consumer Affairs, based on principal, but my time is worth much more than the money. Their advertising is very misleading in terms of candidates, and the functionality of the site is terribly clunky. Not to mention that most of the profiles are far from elite types. I should have know better than to sign up for this. I'd rather have spent the money on going out with friends. I wished I read the reviews before I started. It's only a matter of time before someone does take Elite Singles to consumer affairs to shut them down. I would rather be happily single then deal with a site like this ever again.

• 9 helpful votes

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2016

Don't do it! These guys are sharks. They don't match anything. It costs a lot for nothing. I'm battling to get my money back

Don’t bother.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2016

This site is complete rubbish. Extremely expensive and all the people on there are either complete snobs and never respond or the profiles are all fake. I’m tipping the later. Don’t bother.

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes

Ripped off!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2016

Elite singles have ripped me off. They deceived me with their advertised fee and then proceeded to take $599 out of my account without showing confirmation of this amount. I thought I was paying $49 and then discovered this huge amount had been taken. When I realized there was no way of contacting them. I am going to contact the police.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I have contacted the police and will be reporting this company to Scam Watch. If i don't get my money back with in the 5 days they suggest which I highly doubt I will be reporting them to ACORN.gov... read more »

Sydney CBD

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Fake, Regretted, Sad !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2016

Me too, regretted that I didn't read the reviews before i join & paid.
First thing fake: the name of this site.... NOT Elite at all ! !
-yes, they sent me 6 to 10 profiles every day, but most of them doesn't have even a photo, nor much info about themselves.
-Those with photos or profile info, they don't match any of my setting, ie: education, location, professional level, income level...etc.
-i managed to filter a few ok profiles and exchanged messages with them, in the end I met up with 2 for a coffee and I found out they had lied about their age, 10 years younger!!
- questions provided on this site to communicate with your 'matches' are so shallow...if I will ask or answer those questions makes me feel shallow and stupid like the site itself.

I know it' is a gone case for me too recover the membership fee, but most sadly was my time and hope for meet someone Elite is all wasted!

* Total rip off. DO NOT JOIN !!

E.
from Sydney CBD.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Such a rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

Incredibly misleading this site is. Hard to find contact details and they offer 70% but when you go to the payment option there is no 70%. Never use this site! If they are misleading with their prices then what else are they hiding!

Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2016

I did not agree to any auto renewal but they have taken the money out of my paypal account.
i am getting paypal to investigate it but I'm not liking my chances.
Used it for a week or so but nothing good on it.
Absolutely furious, and out of pocket for something i never agreed to!

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

This site is fake, a con.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

I am so disappointed with this site and so upset didn't read reviews. Impossible this is a real site. I subscribed 3 weeks ago for 6 months thinking the price was OK not cheap but gave it a go; results so far "Nothing" has happened, just 2 silly "smiles". I wonder how this site can take money from people the way this one is doing it. Yes they should be investigated but how?

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

A fraudulent website! should be reported as scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

There is a search button that is just misleading as there isn't a search engine inside this website!
They charge a lump sum of money and have no shame on calling themselves " Elite"!
I just singed up tonight and after answering to numerous questions and questionnaires, I realized that I have no access to anything without upgrading to a premium membership, as I did not wish to feel that I have waited my time I upgraded my membership and soon I found out that it was just a trap!
I am very disappointed and want to screen loud as there is nothing on this website that I could call "Elite"!

• 8 helpful votes

Birthday 3 day free trial

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2016

I started a FREE profile on ES found you can't do ANYTHING until you pay $. So i forgot about it. Until my bday when I received a 3 day free premium trial. Great!! Log in and find CHRISTIAN nice looking interesting sounding guy has viewed my profile 1 day before my bday. I messaged he messaged back saying how nice of ES was to give me a trial. I'm thinking hmmm all too convenient. Apart from that virtually no matches and 1 message in the three days. I deleted my profile. Waste of time. DONT PAY THEM!!!

Definately not Elite

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

I have tried other sites, and thought I'd try this one because "class" is very important to me. Not money, class. 2 very different things. I found less class on this site than on others. I don't know how they cull people for "eliteness", and I can imagine this would be difficult without discriminating....but the name suggests that this is what you would find here.....and it isn't. Quite the contrary is true. They also match you with people who don't even live in the same state. Very disappointing.

Perth

Conn for your money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

Absolute rip off they took lump sum of money instead of monthly got no messages and really don't think the profiles are authentic.

6 of 13 pages

How can you check they have deleted your membership? I cannot find details of when my subscription end

Max asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

It was in the e- mail they sent saying they wouldn't refund me. I have reported this site to pay pal and my bank fort their scam all the best Max.

I have asked that they remove my profile, however they have not. My question is can they get the debt collection agency to track me down and make me pay up when I have tried to
cancel after the next payment is due ? They seem to threaten people if they can't get the money through a direct debit, as some cancel their credit card.....
Has anyone had to pay them ?

I went to my bank and reported them for scamming their members check the reviews they aren't very good. I also put a dispute payment into pay pal, ignore their threats go to your bank and put a block on them..

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

See all 12 questions about Elite Singles