Review rating:

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Not exactly chlorine free!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I have found with the Enviroswim system that after leaving on the pool blanket for a while there is a noticeable chlorine odour, Spoke to my local pool bloke who has dealt with these in the past and that they do produce some chlorine,was not what I had hoped for, rather disappointed :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Terry. Sorry that you are disappointed that your Enviroswim is making chlorine with your pool blanket on. This could be expected as your pool water contains low amounts of sodium chloride and i... read more »

Can the pool be heated?

expensivelesson asked on Aug 23, 2018

Answer this

Thank you for your question. Yes, the system manages heat very well partly due to the copper and silver ion part of the process not been affected by evaporation, heat or UV whereas with chlorine, salt or mineral pools the heat puts a higher demand on the system as chlorine gases evaporate from the pool. Industry guidelines recommend a higher chlorine residual in heated pools.

Hi, The grout on my fully tiled pool which is white has turned a patchy green colour since I installed the enviroswim. Have I got my setting wrong... and how can I fix it?

Mike asked on Aug 02, 2018

Answer this

What is your copper level
And your ph they should be as recommended in your handbook or you will get growth

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question.

If the grout is getting patches of turquoise appearing it could possibly be high copper &/or operating prolonged high ph levels. The recommended copper level is between 0.2 & 0.4 parts per million. This is a very low level and will not cause staining. To put this in context municipal drinking water can have up to 1.2 parts per million, up to five times more than our recommended level. If the ioniser production knob is set to high for your pool eventually it will overdose if not checked and adjusted with the supplied test kit. Copper stains are easily removed if treated early with the use of a citric acid based stain remover available from most pool shops.

Please contact us so we can assist more and identify if the staining is related to something other than copper.

Regards

Enviroswim

I am looking at installing an Enviroswim in a new concrete tiled pool. I live in Alice Springs. Will the hot weather affect the enviroswim?

Honda450 asked on Jul 24, 2018