Review rating:

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Not exactly chlorine free!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I have found with the Enviroswim system that after leaving on the pool blanket for a while there is a noticeable chlorine odour, Spoke to my local pool bloke who has dealt with these in the past and that they do produce some chlorine,was not what I had hoped for, rather disappointed :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Hi Terry. Sorry that you are disappointed that your Enviroswim is making chlorine with your pool blanket on. This could be expected as your pool water contains low amounts of sodium chloride and i... read more »

I had an Enviroswim installed 4 years ago in Madrid (Spain) and with multiple problems having received great help from Enviroswim in order to correct them. Now, I’m setting the pool for the summer being very careful trying to meet all recommended parameters. After having the system running for 10 days, I have checked the ORP in 2 days and the values I get are around 400 mV (or lower). The ionization system is at 15, pH at 7.4, Alkaly at 80, Copper at 0.37. Filtration and Enviroswim has been running 8 hours for the last 3 days; previous days it run for 24 hours/day. Could you give me some indication on how to improve the ORP level? Water temperature is 22*C. Thanks you, Juan

Cobardín asked on May 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Juan, Thank you for your question. Following winterisation there are a few recommendations to prepare your pool for the summer. The phosphate levels should be checked as phosphates can put an extra load on the sanitiser and algaecide efficacy of the system and reduce orp. Phosphates can enter the pool from many different ways including rainfall, overspill of garden fertiliser, organic matter and animal droppings It is also worth shocking the pool with liquid chlorine in order to start off with a clean system. We have your email on file and will send a more detailed reply shortly.

Is there any benefit to running a var. speed pump with Enviroswim?

Outoftheloop asked on May 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Outoftheloop, Thank you for your question. Our answer in short is no, we often see variable speed pumps as a cost centre rather than a saving. There are many factors that come into play when you reduce water flow rates. For more on this see the following two blogs from our website which cover it in detail:
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/enviroswim-asks-variable-speed-pumps-will-they-save-you-money
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/swimming-pool-pumps-standard-vs-variable-speed-operating-cost-savings-comparisons

With an enviroswim, how often should the poolwater balance be tested?

Florian H asked on Apr 25, 2018

Hi Florian,
Thank you for your valued enquiry.

We recommend checking your balance every 7 - 10 days. As with any pool sanitiser the efficiency of the sanitiser/algaecide drops off as the pH rises. Most pools experience pH rise in operation, keeping on top of this not only improves efficiency it also makes the water more comfortable to swim in. If you are using a pool service company on a monthly basis we recommend you check/adjust the pH level in between services. This is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes to do.

The other thing to keep in mind is the warranty small print from your pool builder. Often the terms of warranty are conditional upon a history of regular water balance records, especially with Fibreglass pools.

Contact us on 1300888457 if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Hope this helps.

Regards The Enviroswim Team

as above i find my ph rises esp if we get rain or need to top up the pool i find in winter i can turn the copper side of it down as it stays pretty constant for weeks at a time . i run my filter for 3 hrs a day atm here in adelaide where it's been a warm start to the winter..
cheers dean