Review rating:

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Not exactly chlorine free!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I have found with the Enviroswim system that after leaving on the pool blanket for a while there is a noticeable chlorine odour, Spoke to my local pool bloke who has dealt with these in the past and that they do produce some chlorine,was not what I had hoped for, rather disappointed :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Hi Terry. Sorry that you are disappointed that your Enviroswim is making chlorine with your pool blanket on. This could be expected as your pool water contains low amounts of sodium chloride and i... read more »

Hi, The grout on my fully tiled pool which is white has turned a patchy green colour since I installed the enviroswim. Have I got my setting wrong... and how can I fix it?

Mike asked on Aug 02, 2018

Answer this

What is your copper level
And your ph they should be as recommended in your handbook or you will get growth

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question.

If the grout is getting patches of turquoise appearing it could possibly be high copper &/or operating prolonged high ph levels. The recommended copper level is between 0.2 & 0.4 parts per million. This is a very low level and will not cause staining. To put this in context municipal drinking water can have up to 1.2 parts per million, up to five times more than our recommended level. If the ioniser production knob is set to high for your pool eventually it will overdose if not checked and adjusted with the supplied test kit. Copper stains are easily removed if treated early with the use of a citric acid based stain remover available from most pool shops.

Please contact us so we can assist more and identify if the staining is related to something other than copper.

Regards

Enviroswim

I am looking at installing an Enviroswim in a new concrete tiled pool. I live in Alice Springs. Will the hot weather affect the enviroswim?

Honda450 asked on Jul 24, 2018

I had an Enviroswim installed 4 years ago in Madrid (Spain) and with multiple problems having received great help from Enviroswim in order to correct them. Now, I’m setting the pool for the summer being very careful trying to meet all recommended parameters. After having the system running for 10 days, I have checked the ORP in 2 days and the values I get are around 400 mV (or lower). The ionization system is at 15, pH at 7.4, Alkaly at 80, Copper at 0.37. Filtration and Enviroswim has been running 8 hours for the last 3 days; previous days it run for 24 hours/day. Could you give me some indication on how to improve the ORP level? Water temperature is 22*C. Thanks you, Juan

Cobardín asked on May 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Juan, Thank you for your question. Following winterisation there are a few recommendations to prepare your pool for the summer. The phosphate levels should be checked as phosphates can put an extra load on the sanitiser and algaecide efficacy of the system and reduce orp. Phosphates can enter the pool from many different ways including rainfall, overspill of garden fertiliser, organic matter and animal droppings It is also worth shocking the pool with liquid chlorine in order to start off with a clean system. We have your email on file and will send a more detailed reply shortly.

See all 16 questions about Enviroswim ES3