Review rating:

Perth

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great System but doesn’t cope without adding chlorine.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

We do actually love the concept of the Enviroswim, but the truth is it just will not work the way it is supposed to in our environment. At the height of summer we have to add 2.5L of chlorine every 5 days to keep it clear. In winter it is perfect - crystal clear with almost zero maintenance but too cold to swim in. As soon as the weather warms up the cloudy cycle starts. The water chemistry is always perfect so no one has ever been able to help us with it. The staff at enviroswim tried to help us for the first two years and we tried all sorts of different things, but nothing worked. We run the pump for 5 hours overnight in winter and 10-12 hours per day in summer (overnight if it hasn’t been used in the day). We bought a second set of filter cartridges so we can.do a quick and easy swap sometimes 2 weekly because we live under gum trees. We wash the cover as it rolls off and keep the pool clean with a robotic cleaner. It is the cleanest pool I have ever been in. It has never been green, the walls have never felt slimy - I don’t think we have ever had an algae problem. It just becomes increasingly cloudy in warm weather. If we don’t add the chlorine, it just progressively becomes more cloudy until it is like milk! It’s like the oxidiser just can’t keep up. Despite this major problem, it requires far less chlorine than a chlorine pool so we think it is still a better choice. Just disappointed that it is not exactly what we expected.

Greensborough

• 1 comment
  • 43 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

False advertising- but works ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

Short version: The unit is falsely advertised as "no chlorine sanitising system" But, it works reasonably well as the "low salt/chlorine sanitising system"that it actually is.

I've worked in the swimming pool service industry for almost 10 years, my company services three pools with the Enviroswim, and I would like to shed a little bit of light on this product.
Firstly, the unit does produce chlorine, that is the function of it's ORP/Redox cell. It is a low salt, low output chlorinator cell. So while the unit requires less salt than a standard salt cell, and produces smaller amounts of chlorine, it still functions as a "salt water pool"

Secondly, just to address two points of the last reviewer- the acid you are adding is to counteract the cell's chlorine production. While concrete pools do require large amounts of acid during curing, the regular acid dosing is required if the cell produces chlorine (as salt water pool owners will all testify to) And also- the run times for any filtration system should be the same- regardless of the sanitiser type- as it is more to do with water turnover and filtration.

Finally, i would like to add that i do not intend this to be a bad review- the unit works fine as a low salt chlorinator combined with an ionizer- my only concern is that people are being misled by the marketing around this product. It is relatively straight forward to use, and it does it's job. 3/5- for being adequate, even if falsely advertised.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy, Whilst we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative we should set the record straight for readers. Enviroswim is not simply a salt-water chlorinator/ioniser c... read more »

Dear Envioswim; From my point of view, I personally believe your product to be quite misleading to anyone with little-to-no experience with pools and water chemistry. I quote from p16 of your... read more »

Enviroswim ES3 Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy In regards to your last comment Mick, Quote “Yet you do not tell anyone that the aforementioned "öxidiser" is chlorine” Absolutely, the oxidiser is not just chlor... read more »

I had an Enviroswim installed 4 years ago in Madrid (Spain) and with multiple problems having received great help from Enviroswim in order to correct them. Now, I’m setting the pool for the summer being very careful trying to meet all recommended parameters. After having the system running for 10 days, I have checked the ORP in 2 days and the values I get are around 400 mV (or lower). The ionization system is at 15, pH at 7.4, Alkaly at 80, Copper at 0.37. Filtration and Enviroswim has been running 8 hours for the last 3 days; previous days it run for 24 hours/day. Could you give me some indication on how to improve the ORP level? Water temperature is 22*C. Thanks you, Juan

Cobardín asked on May 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Juan, Thank you for your question. Following winterisation there are a few recommendations to prepare your pool for the summer. The phosphate levels should be checked as phosphates can put an extra load on the sanitiser and algaecide efficacy of the system and reduce orp. Phosphates can enter the pool from many different ways including rainfall, overspill of garden fertiliser, organic matter and animal droppings It is also worth shocking the pool with liquid chlorine in order to start off with a clean system. We have your email on file and will send a more detailed reply shortly.

Is there any benefit to running a var. speed pump with Enviroswim?

Outoftheloop asked on May 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Outoftheloop, Thank you for your question. Our answer in short is no, we often see variable speed pumps as a cost centre rather than a saving. There are many factors that come into play when you reduce water flow rates. For more on this see the following two blogs from our website which cover it in detail:
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/enviroswim-asks-variable-speed-pumps-will-they-save-you-money
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/swimming-pool-pumps-standard-vs-variable-speed-operating-cost-savings-comparisons

With an enviroswim, how often should the poolwater balance be tested?

Florian H asked on Apr 25, 2018

Hi Florian,
Thank you for your valued enquiry.

We recommend checking your balance every 7 - 10 days. As with any pool sanitiser the efficiency of the sanitiser/algaecide drops off as the pH rises. Most pools experience pH rise in operation, keeping on top of this not only improves efficiency it also makes the water more comfortable to swim in. If you are using a pool service company on a monthly basis we recommend you check/adjust the pH level in between services. This is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes to do.

The other thing to keep in mind is the warranty small print from your pool builder. Often the terms of warranty are conditional upon a history of regular water balance records, especially with Fibreglass pools.

Contact us on 1300888457 if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Hope this helps.

Regards The Enviroswim Team

as above i find my ph rises esp if we get rain or need to top up the pool i find in winter i can turn the copper side of it down as it stays pretty constant for weeks at a time . i run my filter for 3 hrs a day atm here in adelaide where it's been a warm start to the winter..
cheers dean