Review rating:

• 1 comment
  • 43 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

False advertising- but works ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

Short version: The unit is falsely advertised as "no chlorine sanitising system" But, it works reasonably well as the "low salt/chlorine sanitising system"that it actually is.

I've worked in the swimming pool service industry for almost 10 years, my company services three pools with the Enviroswim, and I would like to shed a little bit of light on this product.
Firstly, the unit does produce chlorine, that is the function of it's ORP/Redox cell. It is a low salt, low output chlorinator cell. So while the unit requires less salt than a standard salt cell, and produces smaller amounts of chlorine, it still functions as a "salt water pool"

Secondly, just to address two points of the last reviewer- the acid you are adding is to counteract the cell's chlorine production. While concrete pools do require large amounts of acid during curing, the regular acid dosing is required if the cell produces chlorine (as salt water pool owners will all testify to) And also- the run times for any filtration system should be the same- regardless of the sanitiser type- as it is more to do with water turnover and filtration.

Finally, i would like to add that i do not intend this to be a bad review- the unit works fine as a low salt chlorinator combined with an ionizer- my only concern is that people are being misled by the marketing around this product. It is relatively straight forward to use, and it does it's job. 3/5- for being adequate, even if falsely advertised.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy, Whilst we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative we should set the record straight for readers. Enviroswim is not simply a salt-water chlorinator/ioniser c... read more »

Dear Envioswim; From my point of view, I personally believe your product to be quite misleading to anyone with little-to-no experience with pools and water chemistry. I quote from p16 of your... read more »

Enviroswim Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy In regards to your last comment Mick, Quote “Yet you do not tell anyone that the aforementioned "öxidiser" is chlorine” Absolutely, the oxidiser is not just chlor... read more »

Potttsville

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Freshest water you will ever swim in!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

I have been in the pool industry for 28 years (now retired and a retail consumer) seen and used every sanitation device. This has by far exceeded my expectations. The water quality and the ability to maintain that water quality is impressive. It requires less running time and holds the water quality for longer.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hervey Bay

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2004

The absolute best system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

We have now had an Enviroswim System for in excess of 14 years. Our first was installed by Gary in January 2004. We could not believe the difference in the appearance of our pool, never going green with the rain and just how easy it was to maintain. The run time with the use of power was far less and chemicals needed is very minimal. We sold our home in 2015 and the new owners could not believe their luck, having this system and how easy it was to use. We have now had the newer model installed in our new pool at our new home and find it even better than our old one. We travel overseas regularly and it is so great to come home to a clean glistening pool and ready to swim in.
One of the main benefits of Enviroswim is the fact that if you have any questions at all , help is only a phone call away at no cost.. You do not have to get a pool expert out at an exorbitant cost.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Enviroswim does what it says.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

In October 2016, our salt pool chlorinator died and i needed a replacement. The chlorine in the pool was stinging my eyes (I like to open my eyes under water) and making my skin itch. The pool guy that was servicing our pool suggested that I replace the chlorinator and add more minerals/chemicals to the pool to help with the chlorine level. This would have increased our monthly service from around $80 to over $100. I decided to do some research for an alternative.

I researched many different systems, but nothing sounded as good as the enviroswim system. I called enviroswim and talked to Carl who was very helpful, but i am very careful when it comes to splashing out $3,800 (the normal salt pool chlorinator replacement was only $1200). After much research, which involved calling a lot of the people in the testimonials on the Enviroswim website, i finally bit the bullet and found a pool shop in Cairns who had installed 3 systems already (the install only cost $130). Nearly all testimonials were positive, but the only issue seemed to be around whether the system was chlorine free. Carl explained to me that if there is residual salt in the pool, it will still make some chlorine but at a much lower level than a salt pool, so i felt like he was being honest and upfront.

There was also a guy from a pool install company based in Townsville that said he had installed 5-6 of the units and that when he builds his own pool, he is going to use an enviroswim system because he had 2 kids and he liked the chlorine free pool water and the low maintenance side of things.

I have now had the system for 4 hot months. I no longer have to pay a pool guy to come around (saving $45 p/m) and check the pool and the use of chemicals is now down to some ph reducer (acid), calcium (pebble concrete pool) and some phosphate eliminator, since i have a few painful (neighbour's) trees around the pool that blows lots of leaves into it (saving $20-25 p/m). I have only had to shock the pool once with chlorine because i didn't check it for the first 5 weeks and it started looking cloudy and a few spots of green (PH too high was main problem).

I can now open my eyes under water and they don't sting like they used to, and I don't have the dry itchy skin or the chlorine smell after I get out. I don't need to shower after I get out either.

It is too early to tell any long term damage to the pool that may happen, but none of the local pool shops are concerned with the chemical composition except the usual ones listed above (PH, calcium etc).

At this stage, I would certainly recommend this type of system if you have any issues with chlorine, but also over time, the chemical savings will end up paying for the system anyway (I assume may 2.5 to 3.5 years with my current savings). The water is very clear and I enjoy swimming our pool again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Thank you for your valued review.

It is a pleasure. Winter time in Cairns and the maintenance of the pool is virtually nil except for all the leaves from the neighbours tree I've hardly spent any money on chemicals and very very happy with the result

An update on our Enviroswim system. This system makes you lazy! Based in Cairns, we have just gone through a period of very high rainfall (293 mm in Feb and 847mm --that is NOT a typo---for March... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Hassle free pool maintenance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

I have now had the ES3 system installed for almost 4 years now and it seems I take it for granted how well it works. Each time I speak to friends who have a pool and constantly complain of the effort and difficulty in maintaining their pool water as nice as mine, it makes me smile in the investment I made so many years ago. I invite them over to my place, show them what I have as this is the best endorsement you can have. Next thing I know they bought one too. It really does work like magic...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Alf,

Bayview 2104

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

The best solution for pool maintenance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Fantastic, fantastic, what else can I say, we had a high maintenance 100,000 litre pool set in Australian bushland. Debris blew in ,overhanging trees shed leaves bark and gumnuts, it was a birdbath and wallaby drinking hole.
We were using 15-20 litres of chlorine a week ,with the solar on even more, with this much chlorine it needed acid and stabiliser, if not enough chlorine was added the pool went green, and needed algaecide. A very high salt content was as a result of all the chlorine ,this didn't help the painter surface. I put up with all this for over 20 years.
I read about Inviroswim ,what they said made sense ,no pool shop had ever suggested the product,now I know why,in the 12 months since installation ,I have added nil chlorine,nil stabilizer,nil algaecide ,approx. 8 litres of acid,and replaced one set of electrodes [to start with I had these set too high].
Now we have a very low maintenance trouble free,sparkling crystal clear pool,which every one enjoys including the wildlife

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Les,
Thank you for your review ... Happy swimming.

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Don’t listen to pool shops

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

This is an excellent system. I have had an Enviroswim pool in Brisbane for two years and my water has always been crystal clear. On the one occasion when we had to turn it off for a weekend because we had a leaking pierced pipe, the pool recovered from cloudy to clear within 24 hours without adding chlorine and just running it for longer hours. Pool shops love to tell doom and gloom stories or plain incorrect information about this system because they make very little money from Enviroswim owners. You do need to monitor the ph like with every pool. I photocopied the summary of recommended operating levels and the do not add any of the following and contacted it to my pool water test bottle so the pool shop can’t flog me stabiliser etc. I add about 500ml of acid every seven to 10 days. Alkalinity needs to be adjusted with sodium bicarbonate after storms from the east. Very occasionally I adjust the ioniser knob and that is it. My child suffers from eczema and skin irritations ...but not with this pool. Everyone loves swimming in it. Mr Poolman at Mitchelton is helpful and understands this product.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Hendos,

Enviroswim Official

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with Enviroswim, much appreciated.

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Mar 2010

Crystal clear Poolwater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

I have been operating the Enviroswim for about 8 years My pool water is always crystal clear with a minimum effort and cost I am on my 3rd set of Copper/silver rods
Apart from normal testing PH /alkaline calcium occasionally copper do very little to the pool which is a concrete pebble in ground 60000 litres
Best of all is the no stinging eyes and salty chlorine smell
If your family use the pool and the kids are in and out on hot summers days you should have a close look at this product
Pool shops will not tell you about it

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Peter,

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Perfect Water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

After a lot of research we decided against chlorine for our outdoor 50 000 litre fibreglass pool in WA. I have sensitive skin and the Enviroswim product reviews indicated that the water treatment process was much kinder to the skin.
Enviroswim has exceeded our expectations. The water feels ‘soft’. My skin is not irritated, and hair remains unchanged even after long stints in the pool.

The cost to maintain the pool is confined to that required to balance the water (hydrochloride acid and baking soda), with minimal wear on the copper rods in that time. It works well with our heat pump. Last year we used our pool for ten months.

We run the filter for less time than would be required for a salt pool. Unlike chlorine, the treatment process isn’t affected by sunlight.
Actual maintenance required is more about monitoring levels rather than having to manage chemicals.
As far as service goes, any questions we have had have been addressed really promptly.

We are very happy with Enviroswim and recommend it to people who want a pool simple and cost effective to maintain, as well as being wonderful to swim in. Great service backup is also a feature.

Purchased at: Barrier Reef Pools

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Mark,

adelaide

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

greatest thing since sliced bread

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I had my enviroswim unit installed with our new fibreglass pool just over 12 months ago . I have had chlorine pools in the past at other property's but they always made me itch I have a skingraft that's really sensitive .
After 12 months the pool is still crystal clear I usually only have to add acid every 2 weeks or so to keep the ph in balance during the summer I ran the filter for 3 hrs a day and two hrs a day in cold Adelaide.
I did a lot of research b4 committing to the enviroswim and despite a lot of people who don't believe or don't understand the science behind it I'm happy to report it's the best thing I've done pool wise between the little amount of time I spend on the pool and using a robotic pool cleaner looking after this pool is not a chore unlike my old pool making the whole swimming experience a pleasure and not hard work .
friends and family who have used the pool cant believe how nice it is to swim in without the chlorine smell or sting ..ive just almost used up my copper test kit and will order one soon ..
highly recommend anyone looking for a sanitizing system for there pool to really consider installing the enviroswim. im happy for anyone in Adelaide thinking of installing a unit to come and view my pool and see the unit first hand

regards dean

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Thank you for your review. Really appreciated...

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2014

Fantastic Pool Sanatising System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

Installed the enviroswim system into pre-existing salt water pool when I bought my property two and a half years ago. I couldn't be happier with my choice of the enviroswim system, the clarity of the pool water and the ease of maintaining the pool water. The company has always willing to speak to me when I have contacted them for advice when I first installed the system and have been very helpful and friendly answering my enquiries. The staff at enviroswim are an absolute pleasure to deal with.

The only issue I have, and it's by no means a big issue as far as I'm concerned and that is I do get some dark staining on the pool concrete which the pool shop guy tells me it's copper staining and the product they've sold me does clean it but makes a bit of a mess of the water. However the enviroswim system cleans the water up beautify again after a few days.

As far as I'm concerned the enviroswim pool sanitising system is brilliant. I can't speak highly enough of it and would recommend it to anybody who has a pool.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Noel, Thank you for your comments and feedback, they are much appreciated. There should be zero staining due to copper at our recommended operating levels of 0.2 - 0.4 parts per million (ppm). Mun... read more »

Perth

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Not exactly chlorine free!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I have found with the Enviroswim system that after leaving on the pool blanket for a while there is a noticeable chlorine odour, Spoke to my local pool bloke who has dealt with these in the past and that they do produce some chlorine,was not what I had hoped for, rather disappointed :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Terry. Sorry that you are disappointed that your Enviroswim is making chlorine with your pool blanket on. This could be expected as your pool water contains low amounts of sodium chloride and i... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2014

No false advertising here!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

We have had Enviroswim on our pool since new and its absolutely brilliant, we love it.
Easy to maintain, inexpensive to operate and fantastic to swim in.
The post re false advertising?? I have reviewed all Enviroswims literature and no where can I find that they say NO CHLORINE.
The opposite on their website they highlight that it is unavoidable that small amounts of chlorine will be produced if there is any salt in the water and electrolysis present.
I would have no doubts about recommending this product to any pool owner.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Like swimming in a fresh lake (no salt, no chlorine, no magnesium)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2016

Installed a new pool (concrete).
Researched for the best system to keep family healthy & safe.
Found Enviroswim.

Based on my background (engineer) & research on the web, this was by far the best way to go.

Installed & it's running like a dream.
No chlorine (good news as no chlorine health impacts & not smelling like chlorine even after scrubbing like mad in a shower).
No salt & no magnesium (which are similar, sodium chloride versus magnesium chloride).
Just fresh water that is purer than tap water.

I had a simple "ioniser" when I owned a house previously for 5 years
During same time, my sister & friends repeatedly had "black spot" and needed "chlorine shock treatment" then flocculation then you could not swim for a while. Plus the constant cost of chemicals.
Big hassle.

With Enviroswim.
I run the pump 3 hours a day (salt/magnesium needs 8 Hrs minimum).
I have a variable speed pump so costs very little to run at 1400 rpm.
Only thing to buy is acid ($3 a fortnight) to counter the alkalinity as concrete pools always make the water slightly alkaline for the first few years.

Why so few Enviroswim systems?
If you are a pool shop with palettes of chlorine, bags of salt, UV stabilisers for chlorine, why on earth would you sell Enviroswim?
One Enviroswim sale, 4 litres of acid & you do not see that customer for 8 weeks, at which time they drop in for just 4 litres acid (if concrete pool).
Conspiracy? No.
Just economics if you own a business.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Thank you, your feedback helps us get the message out and cut through industry noise

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love our enviro pool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

We recently purchased a 3 year old house that had a enviro swim pool and we are very impressed with it so far, the only thing is that in Perth it is almost impossible to find someone that can help you fully understand the system. Pool shops either don't know them or they don't like enviro swim obviously because they just want to sell you chemicals.So I guess what I am saying West Australia has trouble getting any correct information which is a shame as it is such a fantastic system but over here it does not get any publicity so we have to battle as best we can.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Jan, Thank you for your kind review. We do have good service coverage in Perth as well as a warranty centre in the rare event that the need arises. In the handover pack there is also an informat... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Exceeds my expectations of what I thought a swimming pool should be

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2018

Swimming in my pool leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. My eyes never hurt or sting. I run filter in winter for 1 hour per day & in warmer months when the pool is getting used, around 3-4 hours per day.
Easy as to control copper, pH, alkalinity levels. My water is always crystal clear.
I vacuum the pool twice a week manually.
I've called the Enviroswim help line on 2 occasions for some technical advice & their response was easy & very professional
I Totally love my Enviroswim fresh water pool.
I would thoroughly recommend an Enviroswim pool to anyone considering purchasing a pool. Minimum maitenance, minimum additions. Just enjoy the pool.

Purchased at: Narellan Pools

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Hi Gazza,
Thank you for your valued review. Happy Swimming!

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great System but doesn’t cope without adding chlorine.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

We do actually love the concept of the Enviroswim, but the truth is it just will not work the way it is supposed to in our environment. At the height of summer we have to add 2.5L of chlorine every 5 days to keep it clear. In winter it is perfect - crystal clear with almost zero maintenance but too cold to swim in. As soon as the weather warms up the cloudy cycle starts. The water chemistry is always perfect so no one has ever been able to help us with it. The staff at enviroswim tried to help us for the first two years and we tried all sorts of different things, but nothing worked. We run the pump for 5 hours overnight in winter and 10-12 hours per day in summer (overnight if it hasn’t been used in the day). We bought a second set of filter cartridges so we can.do a quick and easy swap sometimes 2 weekly because we live under gum trees. We wash the cover as it rolls off and keep the pool clean with a robotic cleaner. It is the cleanest pool I have ever been in. It has never been green, the walls have never felt slimy - I don’t think we have ever had an algae problem. It just becomes increasingly cloudy in warm weather. If we don’t add the chlorine, it just progressively becomes more cloudy until it is like milk! It’s like the oxidiser just can’t keep up. Despite this major problem, it requires far less chlorine than a chlorine pool so we think it is still a better choice. Just disappointed that it is not exactly what we expected.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Thank you for your valued review.
Sorry to hear you are are needing to add chlorine to your pool. Please contact us info@enviroswim.com or 1300 888 457 so we can assist as you shouldn't have to add chlorine.

I have contacted Enviroswim this morning - just waiting for them to reply to me.

Enviroswim Official

Thank you for your comments and it was nice chatting with you on the phone.
Kind regards

PERTH, WA

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Excellent choice for our resort and our home in Perth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I bought enviroswim for my house in Perth 5 years ago and just loved it! as I managed a resort in an island located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, the name of the island is Fernando de Noronha. We installed Enviroswim about two years ago over there and the results couldn't be better . We received guest from all over the world and all of them are impressed with the water quality of our swimming pool.
awesome product , environmental friendly and most important healthy choice

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Date Purchased: Mar 2013

Enviroswim FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I am absolutely wrapped in my Enviroswim ES3 pool sanitizer. I have just got off the phone from a very helpful salesperson to order replacement electrodes after 5 years of making my pool a joy to have, maintain and swim in. It is my shower most days when at home and I visit a pool shop once a year only to buy buffer. Doesn,t compare to my previous salt water pool balancing act. No Chlorine smell or feel. Keep up the amazing service Enviroswim

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Thank you for your post.

Date Purchased: Feb 2012

Awesome Pool Sanitising System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

We converted our salt water, pebblecrete pool to EnviroSwim back in 2012 because the salt was eating away at our sandstone pool surrounds. We have been so happy with this system because the water feels and tastes so much cleaner and the maintenance of the pool is minimal. I've changed the electrodes twice in 6 years and the customer service from the EnviroSwim team is always exceptional. I can't speak highly enough about this product!

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim Official

Thank you for your post.