Review rating:

Perth

Date Purchased: Jan 2015

Not exactly chlorine free!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I have found with the Enviroswim system that after leaving on the pool blanket for a while there is a noticeable chlorine odour, Spoke to my local pool bloke who has dealt with these in the past and that they do produce some chlorine,was not what I had hoped for, rather disappointed :(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Hi Terry. Sorry that you are disappointed that your Enviroswim is making chlorine with your pool blanket on. This could be expected as your pool water contains low amounts of sodium chloride and i... read more »

Perth

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great System but doesn’t cope without adding chlorine.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

We do actually love the concept of the Enviroswim, but the truth is it just will not work the way it is supposed to in our environment. At the height of summer we have to add 2.5L of chlorine every 5 days to keep it clear. In winter it is perfect - crystal clear with almost zero maintenance but too cold to swim in. As soon as the weather warms up the cloudy cycle starts. The water chemistry is always perfect so no one has ever been able to help us with it. The staff at enviroswim tried to help us for the first two years and we tried all sorts of different things, but nothing worked. We run the pump for 5 hours overnight in winter and 10-12 hours per day in summer (overnight if it hasn’t been used in the day). We bought a second set of filter cartridges so we can.do a quick and easy swap sometimes 2 weekly because we live under gum trees. We wash the cover as it rolls off and keep the pool clean with a robotic cleaner. It is the cleanest pool I have ever been in. It has never been green, the walls have never felt slimy - I don’t think we have ever had an algae problem. It just becomes increasingly cloudy in warm weather. If we don’t add the chlorine, it just progressively becomes more cloudy until it is like milk! It’s like the oxidiser just can’t keep up. Despite this major problem, it requires far less chlorine than a chlorine pool so we think it is still a better choice. Just disappointed that it is not exactly what we expected.

Greensborough

• 1 comment
  • 43 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

False advertising- but works ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

Short version: The unit is falsely advertised as "no chlorine sanitising system" But, it works reasonably well as the "low salt/chlorine sanitising system"that it actually is.

I've worked in the swimming pool service industry for almost 10 years, my company services three pools with the Enviroswim, and I would like to shed a little bit of light on this product.
Firstly, the unit does produce chlorine, that is the function of it's ORP/Redox cell. It is a low salt, low output chlorinator cell. So while the unit requires less salt than a standard salt cell, and produces smaller amounts of chlorine, it still functions as a "salt water pool"

Secondly, just to address two points of the last reviewer- the acid you are adding is to counteract the cell's chlorine production. While concrete pools do require large amounts of acid during curing, the regular acid dosing is required if the cell produces chlorine (as salt water pool owners will all testify to) And also- the run times for any filtration system should be the same- regardless of the sanitiser type- as it is more to do with water turnover and filtration.

Finally, i would like to add that i do not intend this to be a bad review- the unit works fine as a low salt chlorinator combined with an ionizer- my only concern is that people are being misled by the marketing around this product. It is relatively straight forward to use, and it does it's job. 3/5- for being adequate, even if falsely advertised.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy, Whilst we appreciate all feedback both positive and negative we should set the record straight for readers. Enviroswim is not simply a salt-water chlorinator/ioniser c... read more »

Dear Envioswim; From my point of view, I personally believe your product to be quite misleading to anyone with little-to-no experience with pools and water chemistry. I quote from p16 of your... read more »

Enviroswim ES3 Official

Dear Mick the Poolguy In regards to your last comment Mick, Quote “Yet you do not tell anyone that the aforementioned "öxidiser" is chlorine” Absolutely, the oxidiser is not just chlor... read more »

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Excellent choice for our resort and our home in Perth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2018

I bought enviroswim for my house in Perth 5 years ago and just loved it! as I managed a resort in an island located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, the name of the island is Fernando de Noronha. We installed Enviroswim about two years ago over there and the results couldn't be better . We received guest from all over the world and all of them are impressed with the water quality of our swimming pool.
awesome product , environmental friendly and most important healthy choice

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Potttsville

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Freshest water you will ever swim in!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

I have been in the pool industry for 28 years (now retired and a retail consumer) seen and used every sanitation device. This has by far exceeded my expectations. The water quality and the ability to maintain that water quality is impressive. It requires less running time and holds the water quality for longer.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Hervey Bay

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2004

The absolute best system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2018

We have now had an Enviroswim System for in excess of 14 years. Our first was installed by Gary in January 2004. We could not believe the difference in the appearance of our pool, never going green with the rain and just how easy it was to maintain. The run time with the use of power was far less and chemicals needed is very minimal. We sold our home in 2015 and the new owners could not believe their luck, having this system and how easy it was to use. We have now had the newer model installed in our new pool at our new home and find it even better than our old one. We travel overseas regularly and it is so great to come home to a clean glistening pool and ready to swim in.
One of the main benefits of Enviroswim is the fact that if you have any questions at all , help is only a phone call away at no cost.. You do not have to get a pool expert out at an exorbitant cost.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Date Purchased: Mar 2013

Enviroswim FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

I am absolutely wrapped in my Enviroswim ES3 pool sanitizer. I have just got off the phone from a very helpful salesperson to order replacement electrodes after 5 years of making my pool a joy to have, maintain and swim in. It is my shower most days when at home and I visit a pool shop once a year only to buy buffer. Doesn,t compare to my previous salt water pool balancing act. No Chlorine smell or feel. Keep up the amazing service Enviroswim

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for your post.

Date Purchased: Feb 2012

Awesome Pool Sanitising System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

We converted our salt water, pebblecrete pool to EnviroSwim back in 2012 because the salt was eating away at our sandstone pool surrounds. We have been so happy with this system because the water feels and tastes so much cleaner and the maintenance of the pool is minimal. I've changed the electrodes twice in 6 years and the customer service from the EnviroSwim team is always exceptional. I can't speak highly enough about this product!

Purchased at: Pool and Spa Warehouse

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for your post.

Date Purchased: Jan 2006

Can’t beat it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2018

We used the system at our previous house for about ten years with no problems whatsoever. Service support was great. New house now and I decided to use the system already in place - but the chlorine smell really reduces the enjoyment of the pool. We will be ordering soon!

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for sharing your experience with Enviroswim.

Date Purchased: Sep 2013

I highly recommend the Enviroswim product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

We have had an Enviroswim system in our new fibreglass pool for 4 years now. We absolutely love the system, and would highly recommend it to anyone researching what system to use. The water feels lovely to swim in, you don't need to shower afterwards if you don't want to, no residue left on your skin. Overall, the system is low maintenance and is easy to use. I had a few teething problems as a first time pool owner, but the Enviroswim staff have helped me solve any problems I had, their support has been amazing. I do use a local pool shop for testing the water, but I do need to resist them wanting to sell me multiple products that this pool just doesn't need. Just acid/buffer and a bit of salt annually. Thanks Enviroswim!

Purchased at: Narellan Pools

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for your valued support and feedback.

adelaide

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

greatest thing since sliced bread

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I had my enviroswim unit installed with our new fibreglass pool just over 12 months ago . I have had chlorine pools in the past at other property's but they always made me itch I have a skingraft that's really sensitive .
After 12 months the pool is still crystal clear I usually only have to add acid every 2 weeks or so to keep the ph in balance during the summer I ran the filter for 3 hrs a day and two hrs a day in cold Adelaide.
I did a lot of research b4 committing to the enviroswim and despite a lot of people who don't believe or don't understand the science behind it I'm happy to report it's the best thing I've done pool wise between the little amount of time I spend on the pool and using a robotic pool cleaner looking after this pool is not a chore unlike my old pool making the whole swimming experience a pleasure and not hard work .
friends and family who have used the pool cant believe how nice it is to swim in without the chlorine smell or sting ..ive just almost used up my copper test kit and will order one soon ..
highly recommend anyone looking for a sanitizing system for there pool to really consider installing the enviroswim. im happy for anyone in Adelaide thinking of installing a unit to come and view my pool and see the unit first hand

regards dean

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Hervey Bay, Queensland

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Enviroswim has turned us into pool water snobs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

It's a miracle. 365 days of the most perfect, crystal clear water in any pool I have ever owned. Forget reducing the cost of chemicals, apart from acid after rain, I haven't spent a dollar on any chemical in 3 years. Chlorine and salt pools just feel sticky and dirty now. Recommend Enviroswim to EVERY pool owner I know. Don't think about it for one minute more, just get it, you'll be amazed, truly!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Date Purchased: Aug 2005

Absolutely love Enviroswim, wouldn't have any other system on our pool.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

We installed Enviroswim to our new pool and absolutely loved it. It was like swimming in a mountain pool and you could drink the water it was so pure. To be able to finish swimming and dry off without a shower and washing hair is a huge bonus of this system. It would be very advantageous for councils to use Enviroswim in community pools. Recommend it 100%.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. These reviews really help us to get the message out... "there is a great proven alternative for pool owners wishing to minimise operating costs, chem... read more »

pearcedale

• 1 answer

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Enviroswim EC3 best water quality system available

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

Prior to installing our pool we researched the type of sanitiser thoroughly primarily on the basis of the type which would deliver the most pleasant swimming .Having sensitive skin which is a family trait we were very keen to avoid the possibility of reaction to chlorine and salt chlorine .We were very pleasantly surprised to find the Enviroswim system and to read the supportive scientific testing data available .. I contacted the company to clarify a couple of questions as the local pool shops didn't seem to have much of an idea as to how good the system might be and was really impressed by the response .
Eighteen months on the water balance has been incredibly easy to maintain with little effort .It really is a low cost low maintenance system which has no obvious drawbacks . The company offered great support upon instillation and have provided an excellent resource bank if any questions arise .
frogs are regularly swimming in the pool which is testament to the water quality obtainable and what a great feeling it is to be able to keep your eyes open under water without them burning
Rob and Annette Pearcedale Victoria

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Really appreciated...

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Best Pool sanitation system on the market & Equally as good after sales service! 5 Star

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

We took some time to work out exactly what we wanted with our new in-ground concrete pool, As always the pre-purchase experience was great and gave thorough information and product knowledge, so we decided to buy our enviroswim system, after setting it up it took a couple of weeks to get it spot on and the level of after sales service from enviroswim was second to none! You will not be left in the lurch trying to figure it out. Our pool has been operational for 12 months now and is so easy to maintain. When you get out after a swim you feel refreshed with no chlorine smell. Even with our old Salt water pool you got that chemical smell.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Much appreciated

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Love this product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

We have had our pool for 18 months now and love our environment.
Despite the criticisms from all our local pool shops or has been a dream product.
I never knew owning a pool could be so easy. We hardly ever have to add chemicals and the water is always sparkling clean.
We now just want one for our spa.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you Malcolm. We are currently working on a spa model which we hope to have to market mid 2018.

Melbourne

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Great system for low maintenance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

When we researched our pool sanitising system we had to clear criteria - no chlorine and low maintenance. After 3 years we can say that the Enviroswim system has delivered. We also installed a Chemigem 10, which automtaically regulates high pH. It did take some time to get the system settings correct, and the various chemical readings consistent (ie pH, copper, TDS etc.), but I invested in a Palintest Kit (about $1k) and this did the trick. Whilst I still have the pool water tested at a pool shop every few months, the readings I'm getting are almost identical to the pool shop tests. The water is crystal clear with no smell/taste of any chemicals. The other thing I did learn is, if you need to add any chemicals (ie sodium bicarb, calcium chloride or salt) then do it over a couple of days. I found that this tends to help keep all readings stable for longer. All in all, we can highly recommend that Enviroswim system!

Purchased at: Narellan Pools

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Best and simpilest pool sanitation I have come across

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Water looks Crystal clear. changing from a salt water system to an Enviroswim ES3 system was the beat thing we ever did. The cost of running the pool have dropped dramatically and it is a pleasure to swim in fresh water, there is a bit of Maintenance, but a lot less than salt water systems. we Love it.
I don't use a pool cleaner, use manual cleaning only.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Date Purchased: Oct 2010

Fantastic low maintenance pool investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I have had one of these enviroswim units installed in my pool for 7 years and it has been brilliant. The unit once up and running requires very little maintenance, just normal water tests to keep an eye on things. Buy a decent home test kit, a bottle of acid and some buffer and you are good for a year or so without visiting a pool shop.

Swimming in the water is like taking a bath in spring water, it has no smell or taste, doesn’t sting sensitive eyes, and you never feel like you need to rinse off or wash your hair afterward.

I have had to contact support a couple of times when the unit blew a fuse during a storm and another time when a contact became loose, and they were excellent. I was able to speak directly to the local guys that build and test the units in the factory and was sorted in no time.

If this unit eventually dies I will definitely replace it with another one.

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you, much appreciated.

Brisbane

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Very impressive advancement in technology...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

I purchased a house with an 40,000 L in-ground, pebble mix pool in 2015. It had been a rental for 5+ years. The pool consisted of a cartridge filter, an old salt chlorinator that had stopped working years ago, substituted with liquid chlorine dosed manually. While it was labour intensive, it had its benefits as I could keep track of the levels and avoid needing to use "shock treatment" in the event that I woke up to a cloudy pool after a fun Saturday; potentially quarantining the pool on Sunday?! However, the post swim pain and anguish associated with kids opening their eyes underwater in chlorine pools is an issue.

When the time came to upgrade I did my research like anyone else and a sand/glass filter was the obvious choice. Sanitiser - pool shops, pool service technicians, websites; everyone suggested salt - sodium or magnesium depending on your... well budget really. We've used family and friends salt pools, and while the post swim pain and anguish for the kids is somewhat reduced, it still occurs. The kids also want to shower after swimming in a salt pool - whether that's a hangover from the beach I'm not sure, but the dripping through the house and wasted water from showers isn't ideal.

Then my physio recommended Enviroswim. He had it installed in his pool ready for last summer, and it performed as per the specifications, and no sore eyes for the kids. So I researched it - pool shops, pool service technicians, websites; most of them talked it down saying it wasn't suitable for warmer temperatures etc. etc. So I asked some more technical questions (BSc in Environmental Chemistry comes in handy), and it was obvious that (I was going to say most, but it was all bar 2 or 3) didn't understand the technology. So they classify it as an ioniser so they could understand it. Those few that did understand it provided the following feedback:
1. Enviroswim is more labour intensive compared to salt.
2. Salt water pools are more forgiving (i.e., they perform better with no maintenance) compared to Enviroswim.
3. Its more expensive than a salt chlorination system.
The first 2 points go hand-in-hand obviously, and the 3rd point I had already worked out for myself.

So I touched base with the Enviroswim team in Nerang and they were very generous with their time explaining the conversion process, and the ongoing monitoring and maintenance requirements etc. At no point did they talk down any other sanitisation system, they prefer to spend their time educating people as to how Enviroswim deals with the nasties (i.e., viruses, bacteria, parasites and algae) that sanitising systems are designed to manage.

So I bought an Enviroswim in April and it's great. Maintenance consists of pool testing (5 mins) every 10 - 14 days dependent on environmental factors (i.e., rain, leaf load, swimmer load etc.). Management includes 250 - 500 mL of acid every 10 - 14 days dependent on environmental factors. The pool is quite shaded in winter which previously resulted in green algal blooms, and heaps of chemicals (copper solution) and scrubbing. No more with the Enviroswim - just needed to adjust the controller when the copper levels started dropping and no algae.

More importantly, the swim quality is excellent - I cant stress this enough, its like swimming in a fresh water stream.

I am also recovering the backwash water for my garden - concerns regarding copper levels are mitigated as it is mixed in a 5000 L rain water tank.

You wont be disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Enviroswim ES3 Official

Thank you for your valued review.

1 of 2 pages

I had an Enviroswim installed 4 years ago in Madrid (Spain) and with multiple problems having received great help from Enviroswim in order to correct them. Now, I’m setting the pool for the summer being very careful trying to meet all recommended parameters. After having the system running for 10 days, I have checked the ORP in 2 days and the values I get are around 400 mV (or lower). The ionization system is at 15, pH at 7.4, Alkaly at 80, Copper at 0.37. Filtration and Enviroswim has been running 8 hours for the last 3 days; previous days it run for 24 hours/day. Could you give me some indication on how to improve the ORP level? Water temperature is 22*C. Thanks you, Juan

Cobardín asked on May 20, 2018

Answer this

Hi Juan, Thank you for your question. Following winterisation there are a few recommendations to prepare your pool for the summer. The phosphate levels should be checked as phosphates can put an extra load on the sanitiser and algaecide efficacy of the system and reduce orp. Phosphates can enter the pool from many different ways including rainfall, overspill of garden fertiliser, organic matter and animal droppings It is also worth shocking the pool with liquid chlorine in order to start off with a clean system. We have your email on file and will send a more detailed reply shortly.

Is there any benefit to running a var. speed pump with Enviroswim?

Outoftheloop asked on May 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Outoftheloop, Thank you for your question. Our answer in short is no, we often see variable speed pumps as a cost centre rather than a saving. There are many factors that come into play when you reduce water flow rates. For more on this see the following two blogs from our website which cover it in detail:
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/enviroswim-asks-variable-speed-pumps-will-they-save-you-money
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/swimming-pool-pumps-standard-vs-variable-speed-operating-cost-savings-comparisons

With an enviroswim, how often should the poolwater balance be tested?

Florian H asked on Apr 25, 2018

Hi Florian,
Thank you for your valued enquiry.

We recommend checking your balance every 7 - 10 days. As with any pool sanitiser the efficiency of the sanitiser/algaecide drops off as the pH rises. Most pools experience pH rise in operation, keeping on top of this not only improves efficiency it also makes the water more comfortable to swim in. If you are using a pool service company on a monthly basis we recommend you check/adjust the pH level in between services. This is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes to do.

The other thing to keep in mind is the warranty small print from your pool builder. Often the terms of warranty are conditional upon a history of regular water balance records, especially with Fibreglass pools.

Contact us on 1300888457 if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Hope this helps.

Regards The Enviroswim Team

as above i find my ph rises esp if we get rain or need to top up the pool i find in winter i can turn the copper side of it down as it stays pretty constant for weeks at a time . i run my filter for 3 hrs a day atm here in adelaide where it's been a warm start to the winter..
cheers dean