Brisbane

Worked ok for 3 months then faulty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I won this machine in a fundraising raffle in July 2018. It worked well for a few weeks then the water sensor light would come on even though we had refilled water, turned machine on and off, tried all the tricks. It would continue to do this intermittently until eventually the sensor stayed on and the machine was then completely useless. Since we didn't purchase it and have no receipt what am I supposed to do with it now??? Anybody else have this problem?

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Hi There, Sorry to hear you have been having issues with your machine. We have an online Capino user manual that may be of assistance. www.espressotoria.com.au/docs/customer-service/Capino-Us... read more »

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Great coffee but leaks!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

Love the coffee and the design and features of both this machine and milk fritter, but unfortunately the machine Leah’s a significant amount of water into the capsule tray and leaks onto the bench. I have read this is a common issue with this model. Very disappointing after I was beginning to enjoy this system.

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Hi Domenico, Thank you for your review. The main cause of water coming out of the capsule tray is overfilling of used capsules. If you have emptied out your tray and there are no visible cra... read more »

Broken Hill

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Faithful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

I've had my Capino for about 12 months now and use it almost every morning. It's quick and easy. I use the full shot twice and three coffee is perfdction with beautiful crema. I love the coffee black and it's beautiful every time. I love the design. It's a great size with small narrow footprint. I would like another 2 for my guest holiday cottages. Highly recommend

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
We hope you continue to enjoy our machine and capsules for years to come bit at home and in your guest cottages.

Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Coffee capsules

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Do you do a mocha in the capsules please I if so we're please don't know the date of the purchase I got it as a birthday present. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. ..

Margaret River

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Compact and efficient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

We purchased our Espressotoria machine after our very expensive Nespresso broke down and cost us $180 to fix. We happened to see the Espressotoria machine on special at our local Woolworths store whereby upon purchasing $50 worth of capsules you could purchase the machine outright for $50. This was half of the original price at the time. The machine is very compact and looks good on the bench. It's very easy to use and the coffee flavours are much better than Nespresso, which claim to be the best quality. We found the Espressotoria to make excellent coffee and the pods were much easier to buy locally than constantly applying online to Nespresso. The machine is super easy to use and although it does not come with a milk frother, we found that whole routine superfluous to our needs. We've been very happy with our machine and would recommend it to people who want something a step up from instant coffee but without the hassle of a very expensive $3,000 coffee making machine.

Comments
Espressotoria Official

HI Raddy, Thank you for your wonderful review, we really appreciate it and are so glad you are happy with your purchase. If you are looking for a milk frother, we have recently launched our Esp... read more »

Greenvale

no a happy customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I purchased the machine as an anniversary gift for my husband back in July.
It leaked more coffee into the pod catchment container than into a cup. Returned it and got a replacement but sadly it does the same thing.
It will be going back also and NO there will not be a 3rd time.
I'll be looking at another brand of coffee machine.

Purchased at: Woolworths

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Hi there, We are sorry your experience with Espressotoria has not met your expectation as we take great pride in our products and service. I appreciate you have had this experience twice, but w... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Has all the looks

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

The machine is very well designed, very simple to use and extremely quite. however after being a cafeitaly user for over 6 years I fine the Victoria pods are light on in flavour. First Thing of a morning I like nothing better than a hot cup of Americano, with the cafeitaly I can get this from just one pod. With this machine you need two pods, so it’s double the expense to get some real flavour. The pods don’t seem to be packed as tightly as other brands.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Hi Jess,

Thanks for your review, if you like Americano, we suggest using the strongest capsule Mountain Grown or Espresso.

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

good value machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

great basic coffee machine , makes very impressive coffee with ease , no way I can mess it up , I found the flavours available to be extensive , neat compact machine is easy to clean and store and buying matching pods is easily done from local store , good price

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thank you for your review, we hope you continue to enjoy your machine and the great range of capsules!

Pelican Waters

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Even though I bought my machine at a half price special ($49.99) I had to return it within a week due to it leaking so badly that there was more coffee in the pod waste container than in my cup. Doing all the recommended maintenance and cleaning made no difference. I have to say there was no argument and the replacement machine arrived quickly - trouble is ... it too leaks copiously into the pod waste container - so I suspect there is a significant design flaw with the machine. The coffee also gets delivered at barely above luke warm which is another demerit. As a first cheap "it will do" entry pod coffee machine it does the job, but when it dies (as it invariably will do) I doubt I'll be buying another Capino machine

Comments
Espressotoria Official

HI Chris,

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with your machines.

We have troubleshooting guides on our website that will help you with some quick suggestions to resolve.

If you continue to have issues, please give us a call on 02 8748 3600.

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Quick delicious espresso

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Great quality coffee (sold separately), premium machine that is easy to use and clean, with a frother (ordered separately) that can either hook into the side of this machine (which is a pretty sweet feature) or plugin separately if you're making something else like cocoa. All things considered, I would purchase this product again.

Purchased at: Woolworths

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thanks for your review Patrick. We are really glad the convenience of the milk frother is of value to you.

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Coffee lover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I am a huge coffee lover and so are my friends this coffee machine is great
Very compact stylish and easy to use with great tasting coffee pods
It’s very affordable and can be purchased from both Coles and Woolworths and the coffee pods are always on sale for half price so very good value for great coffee

Purchased at: Coles

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Hi Shereen, we really appreciate your feedback and the fact you love our coffee and machine. Thanks so much!

• 2 comments

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

It’s alright I guess

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

It burns the coffee after pushing the button twice so I don’t really like it it’s large and takes up a lot of space I want to get a real machine instead and I regret getting this one it’s a cheap machine that makes cheap coffee so I got what I paid for

Purchased at: Woolworths

Comments
Espressotoria Official

HI Sarah, its best not to extract the coffee twice from one pod as there won't result in a full bodied coffee. If you like a longer or stronger coffee, try using two capsules.

I would not have bought this machine if one cup of coffee would take two capsules, it makes it a rather expensive 'home coffee'

Espressotoria Official

Hi Sarah, You don't need to use two to achieve a full bodied coffee, our suggestion was based on the fact you were extracting the same capsule twice which resulted in that unpleasant taste you we... read more »

Cranbrook

Machine is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

The size of this coffee machine makes it a winner for our boat. It is a good machine. It does require 2 pods to get a full cup.
I bought this about 2 months ago, and have enjoyed using it. It is on the heavier side, and feels sturdy and well built. The espresso comes out nicely with crema, and tasted like espresso should. The water tank is not too small, as the container for the used pods/cups.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thanks for your positive review Zane! nothing better than starting your day with a great coffee on the water.

Date Purchased: May 2018

Highly recomended

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

A pod machine that actually produces delicious coffee not just 'drinkable' or fancied up up instant? Well I was sceptical too, and I kind of ignored tios machine because its so common (they sell them in supermarkets) but nope, its actually really really good. I like the system and I love how clean and simple the process is. Really folks, this is the one to get!

Purchased at: Woolworths

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thank you for your review Roger! Be sure to check out the full Espressotoria range in store or online.

Camberwell

Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Lovely smooth coffee

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

This looks nice cute and attractive on my bench. It makes THE BEST coffee and is simple as anything to use. Its usually my first stop every morning and I can make my first cup of the day without even really being awake. Its dead easy to operate and the results taste so good!

Purchased at: Coles

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thank you for taking the time to review our Capino machine.

Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Great machine, but the capsule range could improve

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

We love the machine and the coffee it produces is great. But i would like to make a hot chocolate for my kids sometimes, or even have a tea blend drink once in a while. Unfortunately the capsule range is limited to coffee only and doesn't have things like Mocca, hot chocolate, or tea.

Purchased at: CountDown Deals

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thank you for your review and feedback. We live and breathe coffee so really focus on getting that right for our wonderful customers.

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

This is the one to get

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I have tried so many pod coffees over the years and only ever had two I can think of that were acceptable, not watery, thin or bitter. I expected this would be the same as all the others until my wife gave me a coffee from one of these - amazing! Not as good a s cafe coffee but pretty darn good. This is the machine you want and its often on special for under $50

Purchased at: Woolworths

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Thank you for your wonderful review Stefan.

If you like a strong coffee, try out our Vittoria Mountain Grown!

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Nice coffee machine - works excellently

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

This is one of the better pod machines and I got it on half price special. It makes beautiful smooth coffee and a lot better than many others I have tried. Using it is very simple - it only takes two minutes to go from zero to a hot cup of coffee. Lost of range available to. Just works well!

Purchased at: Woolworths

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, we love the simplicity of the Capino machine too!!

Enjoy your coffee!!

Brisbane

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2018

First Coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Love this machine. The first coffee in the morning is always the best. Can't fault the machine. It has totally changed by life and I now enjoy making the perfect coffee for my friends. Now all I need to do is learn to buy the pods on lines to keep the cost down and also get variety.

Comments
Espressotoria Official

Hi Lue, Thanks for the wonderful review! We are always running promotions across our entire Espressotoria range in store. If you are having difficulties finding a retailer that stocks our rang... read more »

Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Horrible! Do not waste your money.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

This machine is not dependable. I’ve had problems with it since I bought it. At first it would always dispense coffee grinds no matter how much I cleaned it. I’ve used it for about 2 months and now it doesn’t dispense anything. I’ve researched and tried everything. I’m not one to write reviews but you guys must know to go somewhere else for your espressso machine. DO NOT BUY THIS.

Comments
Espressotoria Official

HI Rachel,

We are sorry to hear of your experience with our Capino machine.

Please give us a call on 02 8748 3600 and we will do our very best to assist you.

1 of 13 pages

My machine is two years old and has been fantastic. However it has developed an issue. When I turn it on the two lights o top pulse as it is warming up for a few seconds then the left side light goes out and the right side light turns green pulses very quickly. Can you advise what I need to do? Ian W

iwilson asked on Dec 06, 2018

Hi Ian,

Generally the two lights indicate the machine is warming up.

The right side light pulsating quickly generally means the machine is exposed to a cold temperature for a prolonged period of time. The heating function disables for safety reasons.

To remedy this, switch off the machine and wait until it reaches room temperature.

Restart it once it reaches room temperature.

If the problem persists, please contact our Customer Service team on 02 8748 3600.

Hi Ian. I haven't seen green lights at all. Sorry. Cheers

Does this machine do cuppacino or just espresso? Looking at getting one for my partner for Christmas.

Josie asked on Nov 28, 2018

Answer this

You can buy a milk frother to go with it. Contact the company and they can tell you where to buy it.

If you are looking for a milk frother, we have recently launched our Espressotoria milk frother which can be found in your local supermarket or Espressotoria.com.au

Espressotoria posted on Nov 14, 2018

Hi Josie,

The Espressotoria machine produces Espresso only, however we do have an Espressotoria Milk Frother that can be added which will produce a wonderful Cappucino or Latte.

You can purchase this at Woolworths or online Espressotoria.com.au

We hope you enjoy your Christmas, and Coffee!

My Capino machine is two years old and Ii have dealt with the problems of lack of piercing but my machine is now pouring water out of the bottom. Can you tell me how to fix this? John

John asked on Nov 27, 2018

Hi John,

Thanks for your query.

If there is a leak from the bottom, it may be there is a small crack in the internal capsule bin (where the discarded capsules fall)

It could also be the capsule bin is overfilled?

Please check the machine over for any little hard to find cracks.

See all 128 questions about Espressotoria Capino