Absolute scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

They advertise a free trial of the product, no conditions attached. Nowhere does it say anything else and you enter card details for postage. 2 weeks later you are billed $135. Which you can’t cancel as you ‘agreed to the terms’ (which are not listed anywhere at all on the payment page and are hidden deep in link after link on their website, took 15 minutes to find it) by paying the postage.
They then give you the option of posting back the product (if it is full only) for a refund of $115. So you’ve lost the initial $12 post, the $9 return post, plus $20 for god only knows what. If you’ve opened it you can keep it and they’ll refund $35. So this little 30ml trial bottle somehow cost you between $50 (to not even open it) and $150 to keep. Disgusting.

Verified Customer

SCAM SCAM SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Signed up for a $4.99 trial, to be charged $21. Called my bank and they said this company was a notorious scammer. So freaken angry. Had to cancel my cards as they then continue to take money from your card. Make sure you cancel your card immediately!!

Brisbane

THIS IS A SCAM DON'T BUY IT

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

This is a scam. You will need to cancel your credit card if you have provided it to this company.

Deuchar Queensland

This is a scam!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I received four emails from this company saying my account had been cancelled. This apparently was not true and to cancel required a phone call and to speak to a representative. Please do not waste your money.

Scam!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Scam!!! Don't get sucked in!!! They take your credit card and take money even after I phoned and verbally cancelled!!!

Yagoona

Unscrupulous Business Practice.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Got sucked in by these scammers using [name removed] name.
They cannot sell their product by legitimate means so they resort to trickery and scams, hiding behind their terms and conditions without making it clear in their advertising the Free Trial. How pathetic. Tried to cancel using the 'Easy Cancel' Tab but guess what, cannot cancel. So had to cancel the credit card. No doubt will change the name of their product and move on. Best not to accept anything advertised as free trial from these or anyone else.

• 5 helpful votes

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2018

Have cancelled my credit card!!! As have been ripped off. Do not get involved as they don't care even when your ring them. Have denied [name removed] and other celebrities endorse product!!!!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Scam Be Warned

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

Be warned. Do not buy!

Advertised as a "free sample purchase to receive 2 products at the postage and shipping cost of ~$17 and ~$6 that Carrie Bickmore uses". Each fortnight after, approx. $140-155 was charged. In total almost $500 was taken from credit card for what was anticipated as $25.

Having rung the customer support hotline (the first contact number was disconnected) the assistant was very aggressive not allowing us to speak and did not offer any option of refund without a heavy processing fee. She pretended not to hear us and went silent without response when we requested to cancel the unwanted subscription several times. She said it was stated in the T&Cs at time of purchase that these payments were authorised and that email notifications were sent advising of the payments. T&Cs were not made overtly available in such a way that they could be completely understood and no email was ever received.

My mothers understanding was that she was receiving two products at shipping cost to try as a sample. She did not understand and was not appropriately advised that subsequent expensive payments would be made without her knowledge.

We will now be raising a dispute with the bank and have advise the ACCC of the scam.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Scam Scam Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Well I signed up for a trial because I thought its less than $10 and you never know right. Next thing you know I have purchased lipstick, lip gloss and mascara...and a trial of face cream...wth? Well I tried the products and they were ok but not worth over $100 per month they want to charge you. I rang for a RM (Return Merchandise) Number and spoke to someone called Thea (if thats even her real name) and was told that I could only get a RM # if I agreed to pay $9.99 process and handling fee for each trial bottle ,on top of the postage and handling fee. Wow talking to them was atrocious....could barely hear her, was on the phone for 30 mins and got nowhere fast....she was having trouble looking up my record etc etc then I was stonewalled by not agreeing to pay them $20 process and handling fee....I'm paying p&h and happy to do so. I got so frustrated I yelled at her to speak up or shout down the line so I could hear her. OMG so frustrating. Told her I would speak to my bank to change my account so they couldn't get access to my money...and that I would contact the ACCC or a Current Affair to expose their scams. Not happy. Try some customer support...this is how you know they are a scam...customers are number one in business and if you don't give a damn about them then you frustrate the hell out of them and hold their bank accounts to ransom to squeeze as much out of them as you possibly can. Shame on you!!!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

False advertising

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

I ordered a free sample. No it was not free. Also it did not say it was coming from overseas. I thought it was coming from Australia. It was advertised with Samantha Armytage from Sunrise. Don't know if she is in on it or not.
They say you have a certain amount of time for trial before they send the next order through. The amount of time includes the delivery time. I had it a week when the next lot was sent not enough time to try it. You have to phone them and tell them you want a longer extension of trial. You must read the terms and conditions. I know they make them long and boring legal stuff but that's how we get caught.

Beware! Scam!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Please beware of this unscrupulous company.
It is NOT a free sample. First you pay to have it sent to you.
Then, if you do not want any more of their products you are given the option of paying shipping to send the bottle back, and then they also charge you $9.90 to "process" the return.
They label it a "free trial" which is apparently different to a "free sample". Learn the difference!
I spoke to one of their representatives. If you do not want to return the bottle (and who does?) they will first try to charge you around $88 because you have kept the "not free, trial" bottle.
When you argue this, the price is suddenly "halved".... to around $44.
I argued this and was told if I paid $29.90 I could keep the bottle. I thought I was in NZ not a country where bartering is the norm????
Having read all the other horror reviews I realise I have been caught up in a scam.
Your card is likely to be charged for further unauthorised Essence of Argan products.
Do not be caught out!!! Stay right away from the company.
Shame on you Essence of Argan!

Private message

I can't hear, and you said you couldn't resolve unless I rang and spoke to some one??

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I don't know if the product works, unfortunately I had a severe allergic reaction, all I want is the money back that I was charged during my free trial? That apparently can't be fixed any other way than over the phone, do you not think you'd get deaf clients? Very disappointed, I have no desire to bag the products, just increasingly disheartening with your customer service for all walks of life?

Essence of Argan scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Yes I was also scammed through facebook's reference to Carrie Bickmore's new product and I am furious that funds of $138.91 was illegally charged to my credit card but advertised as a free trial offer and to only pay the postage. So firstly I was just charged for postage $10.09 and then on another date $138.61. I am also going to complain to Carrie Bickmore for responsibility to this scam.

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

IT'S A CON! NEVER SIGN UP FOR THIS PRODUCT.
I called within the free trial period and told I would still be charged, even thou I said I was not happy with the product and would return it, as per their terms and conditions.

FRAUD!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

OMG!! Notify your bank immediately!! Stop your card!!! Of course it's too late to cancel future payments as they already have your details!!! REPORT! REPORT!! REPORT!!

Melbourne

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

A scam!! I too have been ripped off by this company. You apparently sign up to terms and conditions when you purchase your first trial pack and they then proceed to charge you $149AUD to send out the same size trial bottle to you every month there after! Please be warned that this is not a cheap product.. it is a total rip off and the company should be ashamed to treat their customers like this.

Brisbane

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I actually did not proceed with order however a bottle arrived. I tried to call the number immediately but no connection. Once I received an email I called. They advised they had already processed payment, that I was not telling the truth about the order. They charged me $139.81 and organised a refund of $98.42 and I have to pay postage to return it. Very disappointing business practices

Perth

A Total Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

The product took over two weeks to get to me (my trial period) so another order was on its way and the money had been deducted from my account before I received anything.
It took me ages to get them to stop sending stuff and deducting money from my account.
I only got half of the money back in to my account.

Perth

SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Do NOT fall for this. I thought I was getting a "free" sample with postage payment only. I never received the 'free' samples, but instead full sized bottles and charged. Customer service person emphatically refused to acknowledge I had been scammed, saying I obviously hadn't read their Terms and Conditions and that everything was above board and legal.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE NEVER CLICK ON THEIR PRODUCT

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

They got hold of the account details. They have spent money on hotels and other places where we have never been and all together spent around $4000 from our account. Police are going to be notified and hopefully shut them Down

1 of 5 pages