FRAUD!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

OMG!! Notify your bank immediately!! Stop your card!!! Of course it's too late to cancel future payments as they already have your details!!! REPORT! REPORT!! REPORT!!

Rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

A scam!! I too have been ripped off by this company. You apparently sign up to terms and conditions when you purchase your first trial pack and they then proceed to charge you $149AUD to send out the same size trial bottle to you every month there after! Please be warned that this is not a cheap product.. it is a total rip off and the company should be ashamed to treat their customers like this.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I actually did not proceed with order however a bottle arrived. I tried to call the number immediately but no connection. Once I received an email I called. They advised they had already processed payment, that I was not telling the truth about the order. They charged me $139.81 and organised a refund of $98.42 and I have to pay postage to return it. Very disappointing business practices

Perth

A Total Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

The product took over two weeks to get to me (my trial period) so another order was on its way and the money had been deducted from my account before I received anything.
It took me ages to get them to stop sending stuff and deducting money from my account.
I only got half of the money back in to my account.

Perth

SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Do NOT fall for this. I thought I was getting a "free" sample with postage payment only. I never received the 'free' samples, but instead full sized bottles and charged. Customer service person emphatically refused to acknowledge I had been scammed, saying I obviously hadn't read their Terms and Conditions and that everything was above board and legal.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE NEVER CLICK ON THEIR PRODUCT

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

They got hold of the account details. They have spent money on hotels and other places where we have never been and all together spent around $4000 from our account. Police are going to be notified and hopefully shut them Down

An absolute scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

The argon oil gave me pimples on my nose and when I tried to cancel the order I discovered it was all a scam in my opinion. I was charged another $98.42 the next month, they say it was for the product, the first charges were only for postage they said, which added up to $44.48. Do not order anything from this company, the add sounds great but it's not. Be warned.

Definitely a scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

I agree wholeheartedly with other reviews... what a scam. I thought I was getting a free trial size (but postage about $12,00 for each product which was sent separately from America - advertised as Australian) and after realising I was going to get products sent to me automatically and my credit card would be debited over $100 a month I emailed the company and was told I would have to cancel over the phone. So I phoned and got told that I received full sized bottles not the trial size and they were charging me $16.00+ (au) each bottle as a cancellation fee plus postage costs. I had to tell the person on the phone 5 times that I simply wanted to cancel my “contract” before she would listen as she kept on with the hard sell. I think I will block my card for a while as I don’t trust this company at all.

Brisbane

• 1 answer
Private message

Don't do it! A huge expensive scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

I have had over US$400 taken from my card inside 1 month!!!
Apparently the bottle is free for 14 days but if you don’t ring and close the account you pay $100 but then another product comes and it is dearer. And then they do this fortnightly with each deduction getting more and more expensive!!! OMG what a trap!!!
Such a mess to clear up now!!!

BIG FAT SCAM!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I also went for the free sample on-line and unbeknown to me was instantly signed up for automatic shipment and payments withdrawn. As I was unable to access my bank details online over $600 withdrawn within 5/6 weeks! I had received my initial “free” samples’ one of which I didn’t want but couldn’t retract online. It wasn’t until I received another two parcels of exactly the same products I became concerned and contacted them. I am stuck with the second lot, no refunds after 30 days and they consider this was ordered when I applied for the free sample/s (the shipping fee related not to the free samples but apparently to the following “order”. I have been billed for another lot of products not received and these are the ones I have to return and will get back about $280 pending exchange rate. I have cancelled my bank card so that no more money can be taken. STAY AWAY!

Scam!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

if you order a sample of this completely overpriced product you will automatically be charged monthly for the product - i was sent a second sample of some other cream I didnt order - and was charged money to return them as well as postage - worried they will keep charging my card.

BEWARE THIS IS A SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

They are crooks. I signed up for a free sample. Not for them to steal from my bank account. I urge anyone who has been scammed to cancel you card and report them to Dept. of Fair Trading.

lauris.hudson@optusnet.com.au

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

This product is C R A P

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

These people are scammers, send you deliveries you have not asked for, charge your credit card when you have not authorised it, I have been trying for weeks now to get some reimbursement for unauthorised deliveries and just cannot get it to happen. They tell one lie after the other. Scammers. Beware they got me for over $300, I applied for a free 'sample' and had to give my credit card details to cover postage, then they sent me items I had not ordered and charged $149 for each product. The only refund I could get was $49 B E W A R E

wonthaggi

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

like the other comments stay away from this company free sample ha they can take money from you credit card even though I have tried to cancel order within 48 hours they wont cancel have rang bank trying to stop future payments

Parkdale

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Be Wary of Essence of Argan web sites

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

I purchased Essence of Argan from this web address: https://tryessenceofargan.com/en-au/default/
Be very wary of any of these web sites as I am not convinced they comply with Australian law. I subsequently learn this particular firm is located in Malta! Firstly, I went through the process of selecting their argan oil product, entered card details then their web site took me straight to a wrinkle cream. As I did not want this cream and there was no option to cancel I shut the site down. So at no time did I accept to proceed with payment. Despite this they took my card details and charged me for both products. I emailed their support line the next day to complain after seeing the charges and they said I had to call which I then did but it seems less than 24 hours is to late for them to stop the product from shipping, not much was done other than to extend the trial period. A week later both products arrive and the day after that I receive an email I have signed up to the subscription service. For forty five minutes on the phone they keep trying to sell me product so as not to cancel the subscriptions. They refer me to the terms and conditions so I am up for a $9.99 return fee and presumably a refund on the purchases less shipping and handling, what a surprise if I get next to nothing back. Another problem is that the terms and conditions button is in such small light print at the very end of several glossy pages that it is easy to overlook. Given the lack of trust in such a business I will have to advise my bank to place a stop to further transactions.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2018

I was also scammed .. money has been swiped out of my account and I've received nothing. I received my sample products for $30 but then i noticed $129 pending on my account. Rang the phone number listed immediately and was assured it would be rectified (spoke to [name removed] or [name removed]) but it wasn't. Have cancelled my credit card so no further deductions can be made without my consent.

SCAM Do NOT touch it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2018

Same as everybody else, I signed up for a trial, went on holiday and when I came back I discovered they had taken $350 + off my credit card and claimed to have sent me full size not samples.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

The product doesn’t do what it says. I only agreed to the 16 day trial, yet have been sent more & charged. Tried calling but connection is inaudible..I bought it as Lisa Wilkinson was promoting it and didn’t think she would be involved in scamming. Tried their support email, which doesn’t exist. Very angry and disappointed.

Private message

Not a genuine offer or business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I am appalled at the way this company does business. They send you a free sample (but you pay for postage), and then if you wish to cancel the order and not be billed the following month you have to PAY AGAIN to return the empty containers. To me this is a scam.

#SCAM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2018

Don’t fall for the trap of a so called free trial. You will be charged astronomical amount for a moisturiser that can be purchased from a chemist.

1 of 4 pages