Starting from February 2018, EvoHeat is offering all customers that take the time to review their new hot water system two additional years of warranty. It is possible that the reviews written below are by reviewers that took this offer up.

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

good value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

We went with a heat pump after realising we are unable to get Solar due to the amount of shade on our home.
We read the reviews when choosing the heat pump and new we'd see some savings but mostly were were just dead keen to get rid of the old archaic hot water system and move the new one outside to gain precious space in our laundry.
To our complete surprise we just got our first electricity bill for a full quarter and compared it to the same time last year and found a decrease of 37.5%. This is great news for the payback period.
So far we have found the heat-pump to be quiet and the digital panel makes it easy to use. Would highly recommend to anyone considering buying one and a reasonable price.

A Return to Warmth

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

We were delighted with John and his teams efficient replacement of our 28 year old rooftop solar hot water system with our new Evoheat EVO207.
It was a horrible shock when our faithful old system 'give up the ghost' at the start of winter and we are delighted with the neat appearance and efficient hot water production of our new product. THANK YOU.

• 1 helpful vote

Fantastic product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

This product was the same price as an electric hot water unit but my electricity bill has reduced by 42% so this product has delivered what it promised! Great customer service as well with excellent follow up. I certainly have no problems now with hot water even with a number of visitors.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Evo270

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Old heat pump water heater expired, so I needed a replacement pretty quick. Did some research, and the EvoHeat 270 looked pretty good, at a fair price. The digital read-out/panel makes it easy to adjust. It's only been a few days, but so far so good... hot water and even the water pressure is a bit better.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2018

Unit looks great and what we wanted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Old hot water system using too much power running too long, called Speedy Hot Water and they came around that morning and checked old unit and found heat exchanger nearly completely blocked, recommended EvoHeat 270. Installed 5th June and could not be happier. You do not even know it is running very quite. Speedy Hot Water took away the old unit.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great hot water service with low running costs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

We purchased the EvoHeat270 unit due to its low power consumption to use with our solar and battery power system. Although the initial purchase price was high, with the rebate it brought the price within ballpark of a similar sized electric storage unit. Having used the unit for approximately 3 Months now we have never run out of hot water even with visitors staying over. The unit is installed in our garage in Jan Juc Victoria, and works fine in that location. Happy to recommend this great Aussie product.

This is a great unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2018

Old heat pump packed it in and a phone call to Speedy Hot Water had Matthew come around to confirm it had died and recommended the EVO270 to replace with. The boys took the old one away and put in the new one quickly and professionally with great attention to ensuring it was a neat and tidy install and all working as it should.

Everything explained about the benefits of the unit and how to use the control panel. Would recommend Speedy if you want good service.

• 2 helpful votes

Awesome Unit!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2018

Had this installed 4 days ago, replacing old LPG system.
Instantly noticed the difference, got swayed into spending the extra money with the promise of savings on the costs of running. So far extremely happy with the system, water is piping hot and can't believe the difference it has made to our household.
Happy so far but even happier if / when the savings of running start to show through.

Awesome unit!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2018

Superb install by kms, unit was producing hot water within a couple of hours, plenty of hot water for showers that night for our family of 5. We are using a lot less electricity too! Highly Recommended!!!!! The LED screen to change settings makes things a breeze. Love being able to program a holiday, and the hot water turns on for when you come home.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Just installed, so far so good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Have just had this installed as old unit died. Professional and prompt service, very careful and tidy during delivery and instillation. Unit itself is a bit larger than I would have liked however looks tidy and noise hasn’t been a problem for me, even when it is running it’s not very loud.

Date Purchased: May 2018

Just installed. Not too bad.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

A little bit noisy when heating . Otherwise great. The service is good, speedy second day installation. The old one is broken so this saved me. The service was professional. Not on roof top, on the side of the house, makes it easier to maintain. Warranty is 7 years, so a bonus.

Lovely hot water!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

We’re really impressed with the Evo270 Heat Pump. We’ve just recently installed solar panels, and thought it best to replace the old gas hot water system with a heat pump to create an eco-friendly inner-city house. KMS installed the Evo270 heat pump for us and they were efficient and professional. A big thank you for consistent hot water!

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Top quality product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2018

I have been delighted with every aspect of my Evoheat hot water system. The purchase and instalation has been with out fault and the unit quitely produces hot water at the temprature that is easy to set. The unit is quiet wich is always a consideration for those at home and neighbours.

4.5 stars, very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

The hot water system is very good and working very well. The control panel is great and easy to operate. The only down side is when the fan start running at night, the sound is a little bit loud and can be noticed when the door or windows was not closed.
The installation was very clean and nice.

Date Purchased: May 2018

I think we have a winner!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

Evoheat's installer Bregan did a wonderful, neat and tidy job installing a new Evo270 and it has been working like a champ. The heater's sound is seldom and hardly noticeable and the Eco heat setting gives us more than enough hot water. The heat settings are owner-friendly and the unit itself looks nice. A great investment. Mark of Cooroy, Qld.

Robina

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great system - highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Just got it installed but looks great and from what I’ve read it should save me a lot
Very pleased with it so far!
Hopefully it runs for 20yrs like the last one did....and pays for itself with all the savings!
Sounds like it will, and no need for the messy roof mounted solar anymore

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Working well. Just as we hoped

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

Thanks to Adrian and Karen from KMS Services. Our new Evoheat system is working really well. Thanks for answering all our questions, configuring it for our needs, and for the meter work connecting it to our solar system. It's great being able to use the solar for something meaningful. Just got our electricity bill, and even though the installation was towards the end of the quarter, we're noticed a reduction compared to the previous one. We'll need to monitor the next few bills before we get too excited though - but looking promising so far.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2018

BEST THING I EVER DONE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

Thankyou to Adrian & Karen from KMS for installing a Evoheat unit at Carina . I had a solar hot water unit on my roof that was more trouble than it was worth . Great to have it gone . My new Evoheat unit sits outside the laundry wall . All work carried out by Adrian & his team was done on time & in a Tradesman like manner . Some pipe work & electrical had to be done to get the unit where i wanted it . No problem with that . The unit is set to run from 7 Am to 6 Pm . I shower at 5.30 every morning & always have got hot water - The unit has been in since 9 th Feb - 2018 & all running fine . Thankyou for a great job guys - Mick

Installation of Evoheat EVO270

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

EVO270 was installed by KMS in Brisbane. Easy to deal with and installation very professional.
Plenty of hot water. Unsure if the predicted electricity saving will materialise until we get a few bills. The unit is very quiet and the fan only comes on occasionally. Unit looks good and fits where our old unit was.

good product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

To early to know,becouse I have only for one month,but so far very good.The pump is not loud ,so far I always have hot water,the pump is very nice ,and nice colour gray. I was told the tank is made of good product and will last for long time.I was told is very economical with electricity cost $50 per year per person.I would highly recommend this very good product to anyone.

1 of 4 pages

What is the tonality of the Evo heat pump 270? Would it be described as a whine or drone sound? My question relates to the EPA requirements of noise outputs from the unit received by neighbours. The type of tone affects the allowable decibel output.

Honor asked on Jun 14, 2018

Answer this

The sound is from the fan in the heat pump compressor.

Hi Honor,

The noise from the system (whilst in operation) is of a similar nature to that of domestic air conditioner, however significantly more quiet. A typical domestic AC unit will run at a noise rating of around 65dbA, whereas our system is rated at just 48dbA. It also has 2 built in timer functions which can programmed to alleviate any such concerns in the unlikely event that noise does pose an issue.

I hope this helps, however if I can be of further assistance, please contact EvoHeat on 1300 859 933

I would say in my opinion the Evo heat pump 270 noise would be more of a drone, a whine would be a higher pitch sound and would be annoying

How much is the unit cost with install we are a family of 3 persons?

Neville S asked on Jun 05, 2018

Hi Neville,

Thank you for your enquiry. If you could please contact our office on 1300 859 933, we can have one of our agents provide a quotation.

What is the life expectancy for the tank and pump ?

Mal asked on May 15, 2018

Answer this

I would think it will last at least as long as the previous hot water heater it replaced

Thanks Brad
My old system was a electric water heater which lasted around 20 years so just wanted to compare the two ?

See all 7 questions about Evoheat EVO270