Review rating:

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Great unit. Regular hot water with low running costs.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Switched from continuous gas to a EvoHeat heat pump. The EvoHeat unit is great. Although the unit is more expensive upfront than a standard electric hot water system it has much lower running costs. The unit is programmable and works extremely well with solar power units to keep costs low. The unit is not loud when running, about the same as a small air conditioning unit.

consistent hotwater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

The evoheat EVO270 is giving us consistent hotwater all day long, and with the digital screen i can see that it has kept the tank temp constant around the set temperature mark. The system is easy to operate with little need for any maintenance, I am looking forward to using the holiday settings to see you well that works.

good choice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

I got installed Evoheat 270 few weeks ago and it was very good decision. The system is easy to program and use. I'm really impressed with its design and touch screen panel as well as how quite the unit is. I would definitely recommend it to my family and friends.

Stylish and Quiet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Modern looking unit with good performance. Compared with the earlier unit, Evo 270 Heat pump has many additional features such as controlling panel. Though it is too early to give 100% assurance, we are very pleased with the style, performance, features and professional installation after using the unit for a month.

we're impressed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

so much more economical and we get hot water straight away, thought it might take longer but it didn't. We were happy with our service provider and glad we made the decision to install this product. looking forward to a holiday with the money we'll be saving :-). happy to recommend this product.

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2017

We replaced a gas system with this and love it. The water is really hot.

Evo 270

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

Excellent system, just had installed by Speedy Hot water, nice a quiet and looks good under the house. We like the features on offer with the system and also the energy rating. Speedy Hotwater did a great job with no issues and quality workmanship. I would recommend the system to others

Great system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2017

Only being in service since our old water heater died 10 days ago very quiet wasn't sure it was working but definitely is very quiet when it is running. KMS did a very good job installing the unit and showing how it works waiting to see what happens with electric bill when it arrives

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Fantastic System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I would recommend this system to anyone. it provides constant hot water to a 5 bedroom house, its quiet to run and is very energy efficient. Plus it just looks good. The Evo270 allows you to chose the time of day to heat the system so you can run it off your solar panels costing next to nothing to run, if you have some cloudy days it heats approx. 80ltrs per hour so you never run out of hot water.
Great investment

Well worth the research!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Economical to run. Provides hot water consistently. Quiet when working. An attractive unit, and easy to accommodate under the eaves. Fits in easily with the solar panels production. Wide variety of settings available. However, I'd like to see the screen a little more user friendly. Information about the system readily available, and many folk offering supportive, enthusiastic comments. Looking forward to many happy years of available hot water.

Comments
Evoheat EVO270 Official

Thanks Stenos - if you have any questions about using your controller, please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 859 933.

Great new system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

We recently had the EVO 270 installed to replace an older unit. This new technology is far superior - the system is easy to program and tailor to our lifestyle and needs. It is also a quiet system, and seems to be be pretty economical. Would highly recommend this hot water system.

Evoheat EVO270

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

Very impressed with the functionality of the new unit. Being programmable to only turn on during sunlight hours to maximise my solar panels is a fantastic plus. Holiday mode is a great mode to set and forget and save power. Unit looks very solid well made and is serviced by Australian company.

Evoheat EVO270- Excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

We replaced our old malfunctioning heat pump with the Evoheat EVO270 Nov 8th.
The EVO270 is so superior to the other heat pump we had.
It’s a lot Quieter, runs for a much shorter period of time, takes up less room and has a modern looking style.
The fact you can program it is also another added bonus.
Adrian from KMS Services (Plumbing and Electrical) installed the unit is a neat and professional manner.
Paul W.

Springfield Lakes

• 2 helpful votes

5 Star Hotel Quality Shower At Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2017

This unit has exceeded our expectations, it has higher pressure than the old system, and feels like being on holidays but at home. Will see how the power bills go as time goes on. So far super happy! And you can barely hear it when it is running. The fact it cools the air it puts out, it will cool under the house on a hot day.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Good looking and great performing unit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

When our hot water system broke down a few months ago, I started researching new systems and quickly found that my old electric was outdated, and probably costing me an absolute fortune. So it seemed a good time to upgrade to a more efficient system to see if I could save on my electricity bills. I was surprised to find that an EvoHeat EVO270 unit could save me as much as 75% on my hot water costs, and even more surprised that I could get a government rebate for installing it! I’m really impressed with its sleek design and touch screen control panel as well as how quiet the unit is. The system allows you to set timers and maximise your efficiency, which is perfect for my family. Even in our 3 bathroom house we have never run out of hot water. Highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a reliable and energy efficient system!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Love our new hot water system.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

This is a Great hot water system, I can not fault it, I would definitely recommend to anyone, especially if you have a large family as it is great on keeping up the hot water supply and very energy efficient, it was quick to be delivered and easy to install for our plumber.

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Great hot water

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2017

Had the Evoheat unit for about a month as the old electric unit failed and was costing a fortune in electricity
Has been so good having hot water and the kids are loving their big hot baths and the unit is so quiet would definitely recommend to my family and friends

Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great Energy Efficient Hot Water System. Very Impressed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

After having PV solar installed in our home, a family friend made us aware of the need to make sure our hot water system was efficient in order to maximise our savings. When our Saxon electric hot water system, which was connected to tariff 31, needed replacing, I researched the most efficient hot water system. I found out that the EvoHeat EVO270 was the perfect replacement and our installer was able to connect the EVO270 to the tariff 31. The system is modern and the touch screen control panel is very convenient, I look forward to the $ savings on my energy bills!

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Good System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

This is a good hot water system, I have mine programmed to only to run with my solar power and works really well. Have had up to 6 people staying in our house and we haven't run out of hot water yet. Looks much better than the old one too.

Gold Coast

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Love my new hot water system!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

We had our Evo270 installed for about 3 months, and couldn’t be happier. The old gas unit it replaced was not heating the water very hot and it would also take sooooo long for the water to actually come out of the tap even slightly warm... We found out from the installer that there was actually a gas leaking out near the system too so it had become very dangerous.

With our new Evo270 we don’t have to worry about any of that – no more gas! The water is nice and hot and comes out so much faster than before. It’s also a great looking system and the controller on the front is really easy to use. We’ve set ours to only run at night on the cheaper energy rate to save even more. The service from EvoHeat has been great too with a follow up call after installation – I can highly recommend this product and local company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

What is the current pricing for the Evo Heat 270 delivered without installation? I live in Brisbane. Do you do any discount for Defence Force?

dj78 asked on Jan 06, 2018

Hi DJ78,

Please contact our Brisbane office on (07) 3162 2213 and ask for Tim - he will be more than happy to help!

Will the unit supply enough hot water for a family of six?

jaybel72 asked on Dec 03, 2017

Hi Jaybel72,

Yes the EVO270 is capable of providing hot water for up to 6 people under normal usage conditions.

What is the difference between your unit and the IStore heat pump unit sold by solar gain? They both seem to use the same power of 940Watts. I thought this was a reasonably high consumption rate for a new product. I am looking into some of the other brands that only use 500Watts. What's the difference between your heat pump and the European designed heat pumps with lower energy usage? How often should the anode be replaced they seem to be only small compared to other brands I have looked at. Where is your system made? It is made in china and imported into the country? If so how can you guarantee quality and tech support?

Steve a k asked on Nov 24, 2017

Hi Steve,

Some great (and many) questions there, a few quick answers below which may help:

• Low power consumption doesn't necessarily equate to efficiency. You need to consider the heat output that is produced from the energy used.
• EVO270 produces 3.5kW heat from just 940W energy, meaning it heats FAST but uses just 25% of the energy compared to typical gas or electric systems!
• Products using 500W input can only produce around 1.5kW of heat output; meaning it will take much longer to heat the water, and ultimately use even more energy.
• Our system has dual anodes - providing an extra point of protection, and an easy inspection point without having to remove the entire top panel.
• EvoHeat is a 100% Australian owned and operated company, supplying Australians with water heating products for more than 12 years.
• Our products are sourced from some of the largest manufacturers around the world (including China).
• Our primary manufacturer are experts in their field, and produce more than 60,000 heat pumps each year, which are distributed all over the world..
• EvoHeat have an extensive network of distributors, installers and technicians throughout all of Australia for all of your after sales needsp

Please contact us on 1300 859 933 so if you wish for a more in depth answer - happy to discuss further when you call.

Product Details