Not as effective as claimed !

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I tried Evolis for men years ago with there original spray dispenser bottle bought four months supply at a discounted rate on line.
Years later I decided to give Evolis another go with there new professional range to see if I got results with hair regrowth, to my disappointment I wasted money it did not work ! Not even peach fuzz!

Excellent product actually works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

I'm a 28 yr old male, my hair started thinning, I had developed a small bald patch and have the classic devils peaks. I wear hats all the time and surf 5x a week. My hair was brittle from sun damage and falling out when i washed it. I have been using this for four months, only at night and not consistently; probably 5x a week. My hair has fully regained its volume and my patch has gone. I couldn't be more stoked with the product. I am a medical scientist and have worked in lab for 7 yrs. I know and understand the value in peer reviewed journal articles and to see the only product on market with validated peer reviewed publications made me willing to try this product. I am completely satisfied it actually works.

Not a great result

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2017

I used this product to the tee for 6 months or more, I did see some tiny hairs growing, but then I saw Hair Restore Advanced advertised, read the reviews and thought I would try that one. I have to say that I am seeing better results with this range. I am now seeing just a couple of strands in my comb and when washing my hair I feel fewer strands through my fingers, where with the Evolis a lot of hair was still coming out. i have been taking the capsules for two months now and using the shampoo and Conditioner once a week

Private message

one of the best hair growing products so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

my mom had a bald patch on her head like since forever . i had never seen her without that patch before . but then her hair dresser recommended her to use evolis shampoo and the tonic / serum twice a day and she was very sceptical about it . even i was not very hopeful at all. then my uni started and i was away for 3 months . when i returned i noticed something odd but then i realised she had hair ..like real hair on her head . and the bald patch was barely visible. i have a hair thinning issue as well. since my mom got great results i am going to give it a go too. just wanted to say to you all .... this product works ...at least for my mom. thank you evolis.

torquay

• 3 answers

Didn't work

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

I have been using this product for over 4 months now. Applied twice a day with two full droppers. Never missed a day. Sadly, nothing has changed. Hair is worse than back in May '17. To say I'm shattered would be an understatement. It's great if you want to fluff up your hair for a few hours, but I seriously couldn't recommend it. Also, the shampoo seems to not volumize the hair after a second go?!

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Tim, So sorry to hear that you did not see the expected results with évolis. Hair loss is a very complicated issue and scientists are still trying to discover the root causes of some of the more... read more »

A Great Product !!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2017

Love Love Love this product ... it really works , after a long stay in hospital and lots of Meds it all took its toll on my hair ...it started falling out and thinning , it was awful... hearing about this product on TV l ordered it , 3 months after using it it started to thicken up and stopped falling out .. that was 2 years ago and my hair has never looked better , thicker and longer , Thank you to this wonderful product !!!!!....

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Sue, Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that you have had such great success with évolis!

excellent result

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

My hair stop falling out ! Excellent result and works for me. It took three month using shampoo and this hair tonic. My hair became strong and smooth after two bottles of tonics.

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Kim, fantastic to hear! Thanks for the wonderful review!

Toowoomba

No results

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I used both the tonic and shampoo sets twice, wanting to give the product a fair go. However, after all those months, expense and diligent use, there was no result. Hair continued to thin and, if anything, was dryer.

disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Robyn, We are very sorry to hear that you didn't see the expected results with évolis products. While our breakthrough FGF5 inhibiting formulation is scientifically proven to treat hair loss, in... read more »

Brisbane

4 months in: have seen good results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

TLDR: works for me. Have noticed significantly less shedding, baby hairs are growing in and becoming darker, hair is growing faster in general.

I am a 33 year old female and have been desperately searching for a solution to stop or slow down the amount of hair that was falling out. My scalp has become ever more visible over the last few years and to put it lightly, I was freaking the fk out. Brushing my hand through my hair would always result in a good 10 strands of hair falling out. When I went out to eat with friends I would have hair strands falling onto the table which was quite embarrassing. When I washed my hair, the drain would always have a good chunk of hair I'd need to clean out straight away (I have short hair). God forbid if I ever stood under a direct spotlight.

Previous to Evolis, I have tried natural hair regrowth shampoos (no result), the nopoo method (no result), Rogaine women (no result), Rogaine for men which was double the strength of the women's version - which I saw results but definitely noticed my cheeks were also getting furrier and my hairline was growing in strange places it hadn't previously grown. Also the liquid formula was irritating for my scalp and the mousse formula left a residue on my hair.

I have been using the Evolis tonic for about a solid 4 months now - applying morning and night and have seen positive results. My hairdresser has also noticed my hair is much thicker, grew a lot faster and I have lots of baby hairs. My hairline which has been receding slowly over the last 5 years has many fine baby hairs which have become darker and the fine hairs at my temple are also becoming darker and longer. There is less hair shedding when I wash my hair now - I don't even have to clean the drain. I like Evolis because it doesn't leave a sticky residue, has a better smell than the Rogaine, and is natural (not sure how natural it actually is). I am excited to see what my hair will be like after a year's use and will try to update this review then.

CONS
- Expensive. Wish it came in a more cost efficient larger bottle
- The free shampoo the starter pack comes with made my scalp very irritated and itchy. Formula contains SLS and felt cheap. I stopped using it.

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi there, great to hear that you have been having success using évolis products!

Not sure about growing hair where it has gone, but good shampoo.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I was given some free samples and used the hair growth lotion spray sporadically, but didn't think it did anything for the bald spot on the top of my head, best observed from the local supermarket CCTV.

But about six weeks ago I began using the shampoo as my sole and regular shampoo. Previously I have had dandruff/psoriatic scalp and used a coal tar shampoo to keep it under control.

So far, about 12 hair washes later, using just the Evolis shampoo, my hair fells good, I don't have itchy scalp and I don't have dandruff/flaking skin.

I'm still not convinced that it is making me look like Jon Snow, but I can attest to the dandruff control.

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Wonderful to hear Jon Snow! Thanks for the great review.

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions

Evolis

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Have been using this product for three months now with no sign of any change in hair - no new growth. Will keep using for another month- it is expensive

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Patrish, the secret to évolis is our patented blend of natural active botanical extracts that work to restore your natural hair growth cycle. In our clinical studies users saw the best results a... read more »

Has slowed down the drop rate with some regrowth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

Straight off the bat, the shampoo does help keep the hair thicker within a week or two of using it once every 2 to 3 days. Using the tonic about once to twice a day, the dropping has definitely reduced dramatically. I can comb my hair and get maybe 2 or 3 hairs coming through rather than the 10 to 15 or so. It's just ticked to 4 months, will keep it up and consider updating this at the year mark.

In comparison to minoxidil treatments, not having risk of accelerated dropping once after ending treatment led me to try this first. Glad I did.

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

8 weeks in

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

Well I'm 39 males and balding on the crown. Have been slowly over the last 10. I use the tonic and shampoo. I'm going to stick with it and try two bottles as advised. What I've seen/felt so far is this. FEEL my hair feels a little thicker on the crown when I rub the lotion on the crown. SEEN still bald but the hair does look darker and there is slight growth, I'm guessing this is the cycle they mention and as they say take 4 month or more I'll stick with it. I'll keep posting here.

Comments

3 months in and I'm not convinced. I'll be sticking with it for none more bottle as recommended. But.....I'm skeptical

evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Thanks for the review Adrian. We are sorry to hear that you didn't see the expected results. évolis is scientifically proven to help reduce hair loss and increase the number of growing hair follicl... read more »

Female in 20s

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I was never concerned about going bald but have always had a problem of losing an unmanageable amount of hair. I was easily losing more than double that of any girl I know or have lived with and it ended up absolutely everywhere.

Mum sent me some Evolis and I was a little sceptical but it has significantly reduced my "shedding" although it took quite a few months to get to a noticeably reduced point. I don't have more hair on my head but now don't leave a path of it wherever I go.

I personally prefer to just use the shampoo. I react to some shampoos and get bad dandruff/psoriasis and this doesn't have a negative effect.

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Bee, Great to hear that you have had success with évolis! Thanks for the wonderful review!

Private message

Really works! Why wouldn't you use it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I have used both evolis tonic and shampoo first On and off for a year or so. Interesting that I stopped using the tonic previously as I noticed, and was happy with results which were significantly noticeable thickening of hair regrowth. Now I just wash hair like normal with the shampoo which has the same active ingredients 'for maintenance', and have some tonic for touching up crown area of head where was thinnest previously, but don't need to apply as often now.

Was told as 'clinically tested' to genuinely regrow hair, and first genuine new technology in 30 years so would work, but was still very sceptical. Considering the amount of people who struggle with hair loss and the amount of fake rubbish products out there I am amazed this is not more widely known about. Have made personal reccomendations to at least a coupe of people, including my brother who is s lot Balder than I was, and now starting a course of use!
Similar opinion? Write a review!

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Beware this is 'snake oil' it doesn't work and their 'scientific' 'proof' is dodgy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I used it as instructed for a couple of months and it made absolutely no difference. So I decided to do a bit of reading to follow up their so called 'scientific' evidence of Evolis' effectiveness. It is all totally dodgy. There is no credible peer reviewed evidence whatsoever. Evolis is classic 'snake oil' making false claims too good to be true. I'm embarrassed that I was suckered. Hope this review will discourage others from making the same mistake.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Peter, We are very sorry to hear that you didn't see the expected results. évolis is scientifically proven to help reduce hair loss and increase the number of growing hair follicles and has be... read more »

excellent natural hair tonic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

I was suffering from my thinning hair when i turned 40 years old. i used another hair tonic though it made skin rash. This was excellent natural tonic to strengthen my hair.

Started working

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Recommend! It started working after using nearly two hair tonics everyday – getting to stop loosing hair and have volume now. It seems to be a bit pricey though it worth trying it.

ipswich

• 3 helpful votes

dissatisfied

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

After using evolis hair tonic & shampoo for 4 months - no result whatsoever with hair loss worse than ever! A 'too good to be true' ill-affordable expense! After reading reviews, I believed that this product was worth giving a go & sacrificing usual weekly hobbies.
Hopefully I will be able to find a reputable product in the future that is worth the expense of being able to having healthy hair again!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Thank you for the review, Chris, We are really sorry to hear of your continuing hair loss problems despite using évolis. Our products are effective for many people, but in some cases, the hair los... read more »

perth

Verified Purchase

It works.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

For me, regrowth in a couple of months for me. My son is also using it and he had regrowth within one month.
If I could post photos, I would.

September 24th 2017 Update: Won't use anything else.

I have been using this product for nine months and I am very pleased with the result. After the first three months my hair felt thicker and there was less hair noted in my brush. My hair was fairly short at this time and so feeling good about it, I let my hair grow longer. Now I have noted more hair in the brush, but that is because each strand is longer!!!! So happy. I won't use anything else.

Comments
evolis Hair Growth Tonic Official

Hi Dave, fantastic news! We are thrilled to hear that you are having success with évolis products! Thank you for the wonderful review.
Feel free to send your before/after pics to info@evolis.com.au for a chance to be featured on our social media!

1 of 3 pages

is Evolis only for hereditary hair loss? Will it work for bald patches due to regularly leaving hair dye on the hair for too long over a period of a year?

Marianne asked on Dec 14, 2017

Answer this

Hi Marianne, Evolis is not only for hereditary hair loss ! It's for every type of hair loss depending on which product you choose online , each one has a specific function please as the Evolis team Merry Christmas!

TO TIM I have stopped using Minoxidil abruptly and started using Evolis over the last 2 months. My hair has thinned out immensely due to stopping Minoxidil. Sounds to me I should discontinue Evolis and go back to minoxidlil Any other suggestions? CF

CAF asked on Dec 04, 2017

Answer this

Hi CF. I'm sorry to hear that! Yes I would go back on it ASAP if you weren't experiencing any side effects in the past, i.e. ageing of the facial skin, dizziness, heart palpitations, etc. I am by no means an expert in the hairloss field nor am I qualified to dispense any medical knowledge, but from my research, quitting Minoxidil suddenly can cause a lot of shedding in some people. It is advisable to taper off from Minoxidil over a period of time according to Spencer Kobran founder of The American Hairloss Association. In regards to évolis, you could combine both, but I really can't recommend this product from my own personal experience with it-over a period of four months. If your gender is male, there is always Finasteride to consider, but I had very bad side effects from this medication-which continue to this day (almost two years later) and would not recommend it under any circumstances even though it seems well tolerated in most, but the risk is great in the small minority who react badly to it. To be fair I do have two friends that've been using it for years without any problems so far, but anecdotal reports of sexual side effects can suddenly crop up out of nowhere in some users even after years of use. Some people claim PRP to work, but I tried that too which did nothing at all. I've never heard anything else really working other than Minoxidil, Finasteride and Dutasteride. Thankfully there are some treatments around the corner that look to outshine the current outdated medication, lotions, lasers, etc, etc. Hope this helps.

Hi I would like to try you product. This might be a stupied question. But I use Minoxidill for hair lost. Have been using it now for 2 years. But can I use your product as well as the Minoxidill,as I'm afraid to go off it in case my hair fall out again. Thanks

Ann D asked on Nov 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi Ann. If you're not experiencing side effects from Minoxidil and it's working for you then I would just stick with that. I personally think évolis is a waste of time and expensive at AUD $59 for a 50ml bottle! (I tried it for 5 months). All it does is volumize the hair. évolis is not FDA approved like Minoxidil for treating hairloss. Do your research on the internet hairloss forums. You will not see anybody there claiming success with this product. évolis may have TGA clearance, but it does not mean it will grow back hair or holt the progression of hairloss. There are some interesting companies now working on better treatments as an alternative to Finasteride (for use in men only) and Minoxidil. The only two treatments proven to work. Finasteride however, can have serious side effects in a small subset of men. I would stick with your current routine until something better comes along. If you do decide to drop Minoxidil, make sure to taper off slowly over several months as stopping abruptly can cause a lot of shedding in some people. (This was a recommendation by Spencer Kobren-host of the Bald Truth Radio show and founder of the American Hairloss Association). Hope this helps.

I agree. I have stopped using minoxidil and commenced evolis for two months. My hair has thinned out immensely. I have decided to return to use minoxidil. Hopefully it will reverse the thinning process.

Hi all,

Thanks you so much for your reply. Yes I will stick with Minoxidil.

Ann